NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 30 - Vodiznad, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Besini! Hi there Anton, may we have the Besinian 5 points?

Anton Lengel: Hello, world! Anton here. I'm the hip young CEO of TV CIODA, and I have climbed all this way to Mount Eredilsa, the highest point within Besinian territory, for you! From the top of the world, or our world at least, we bring you the big vote from our little nation! It's very cold up here, so I'll make this quick! Our top points go to whwwfrwwwwfw-

Martin: Anton? Is everything alright?

Anton Lengel: Sorry, there's a lot of wind up here! Our top points go to

IZMEDU

Anton Lengel: Woooo! Now get me off this damn hill!

Martin: Please get down safely Anton! Alright, next is Normandy and Picardy's vote.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Normandy and Picardy! Good evening Sophie, may we have the 5 points please?

Sophie Arnard: Good evening everybody! What a wonderful show we have had tonight, all of the entries were amazing. And of course, you've done a brilliant job tonight Izmedu, especially you Martin. Now, we can get onto the series business, the 5 points. Whose going to get it? Let's find out...

KALOSIA

Martin: Thank you for the votes and thank you for the compliment, Sophie! My old heart is warmed up. Next up is Cosneolta.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Cosneolta! Hi there Alfa, can we have the Cosneoltan 5?

Alfa Haalmanus: Hello Izmedu, it's great to be back in Vodiznad once again. It was a terrific show tonight, everyone was superb. Now, I don't know who is going to win but I can definitely make it clearer for you. So... here are out points! The 5 points go to...

MERCEDINI

Alfa Haalmanus: Thank you and good night!

Martin: Thank you for the votes Alfa! It's time to move onto... Kannap!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:15 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Kannap! Good evening Connor, can we have your nation's 5 points?

Connor Caldwell: 5 points go to...

IZMEDU

Martin: Incredible! Thank you so much Connor for giving us the Kannapian vote. Alright, next up is Chameliya.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:20 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Chameliya! Welcome back to WHF after a long hiatus, may we have your votes?

Kamálá Kárkí: Good evening Vodiznad, hello multiverse - this is Chámelíyá calling. We're so happy to be back at the World Hit Festival. Good luck everyone, especially Cháñdísun, you're doing us proud! Here is the Chámelíyálí vote! The 5 points go to...

ZEGANAS

Martin: Thank you so much, Kamala! Alright, we're only one vote left before we know for sure who wins the 30th World Hit Festival. Mercedini has the final word.

Last edited by Izmedu on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:25 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Mercedini! Good evening Samuel, may we have the last vote of the evening?

Samuel Borlaviac: Hej Izmedu, this is Zoloroni calling. Hvala for the fantastic show! Last edition in Vodiznad, you set the bar really high but this time in Vodiznad you smashed it! You and all the participants did a great job tonight, well done! Here are the points from the Mercedinian Jury & Televote! The 5 points go to...

IZMEDU

Samuel Borlaviac: Grazij Izmedu, have a great night!

Martin: Thank you for the votes, Samuel!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:43 pm

After Mercedini's votes, the home crowd knew exactly what was going to happen, and Martin had a knowing smile on his face after seeing the scoreboard after the Mercedinian vote. It was no secret anymore, there was a winner, and a deafening howl began to parade through the Dragulj Arena, even before Martin could announce the result.

Martin: It's no secret anymore! Following the Kannapian 5 votes, and with an astonishing score of 38 points, the winner of the 30th World Hit Festival is....

IZMEDU

The arena turned a haunting red, as a variation of the logo coated in the Izmeduan national colors began to dance throughout the screens as the camera turned to the green room, with Katarina way too lost in the excitement to process it as the Izmeduan delegation was in a frenzy of excitement. It was already history when Izmedu won last edition, but to pull it off twice in a row? With a bigger margin than last time? Katarina could scarcely believe her song resonated that deeply, and she had to be gently guided to the stage in order for her to begin the small acceptance ceremony. Through this, the camera cut to shots of Martin standing on the main stage, with last edition's winner Anamarija in tow. As Katarina went onto the stage, she was immediately hugged by Anamarija, who then gave her the trophy as Katarina could barely hold it.

Martin: A round of applause for our new winner, Katarina Zunic and her song “Standing Tall!”

The crowd cheered again as Katarina held one hand to her mouth, overcome with too many emotions as as Anamarija stood back with a smile, allowing Katarina to have her moment as Katarina found the strength to be able to face Martin, holding the WHF30 trophy in one hand.

Martin: I have to ask you the obvious... How do you feel right now?

Katarina hitched a visible breath in response, barely able to contain her emotions, but the revelation of the new win gave her a newfound confidence in the moment to speak.

Katarina: The amount of thank yous I could say to every voter... All the pain of singing, writing... To stand here holding this trophy. Everything that I've gone through, it's all worth it now, I realize now why I've gone through it. Thank you all so much...

Katarina's voice was a bit hushed and strained, but she made it through. Martin cogently knew that it sounded like the beginning of a speech, so he offered her the microphone.

Martin: Is there more you'd like to say?

Katarina: Don't give up, just don't give up. All the hurt that I've gone through almost made me give up, but you have to fight. I fought to be standing here right now, and so can you.

The crowd cheered heavily in response, and the focus returned to Martin as Katarina receded back to be congratulated by the rest of the RTI staff and delegation that were present, and for her to get ready for the winner's reprise.

Martin: World, we've done it. Another edition of the World Hit Festival has gone down the record books, and we've won for the second time running. However, we shouldn't forget about the 15 other nations that participated alongside us, creating a 16-nation collection of beautifully performed songs. Every delegation here took time, energy, and effort to present themselves and their nation to the international stage. They made this contest possible, so give every participating nation a round of applause!

The camera panned back to the crowd, erupting into another cheer despite the earlier pandemonium.

Martin: As we close the milestone 30th World Hit Festival, I just want to take the time to take each delegation that submitted the entry, the World Hit Festival organizers that graciously allowed us to host this contest once more, and of course, all of you. You, the fans at home, the fans behind the TV screens, you are the true lifeblood of this contest.

Martin: With Katarina preparing for her winner's reprise, this is Martin Carevic signing off from the show. Good night, Vodiznad and good night, World. It's been an honor.

With a showman's salute, Martin bowed to the cheering home crowd as the lights began to slowly dim in preparation for the winner's reprise.

Text Version

1 Izmedu 38
2 Britonisea 22
3 Ethane 21 (8 votes)
4 Chameliya 21 (7 votes)
5 Kalosia 21 (6 votes)
6 Mercedini 19
7 Normandy & Picardy 15
8 Anollasia 13 (6 votes)
9 Cosneolta 13 (3 votes)
10 Besini 12 (6 votes)
11 Zeganas 12 (4 votes, 1 sets of 5)
12 Todlichebujoku 12 (4 votes, 0 sets of 5)
13 Natanya 11
14 Kannap 7
15 Skanden 3
16 Fromulya 0
Last edited by Izmedu on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Katarina Zunic - Standing Tall
Tune: Kelly Clarkson - Piece By Piece (Idol Version)

You made it through the actual performance... You have one more within you, promise yourself that after this, you won't cry too much... It was a moment of levity in a joyous ceremony that for her, was both moving and bittersweet. Katarina was moved by the amount of points that she received, she was moved after receiving the trophy of Anamarija, and she was moved by the entire proceedings of the arena. She had laid her soul out there on the Dragulj Arena's stage, exposed the fragile pain that lingered within her after years of paying her dues as an Izmeduan pop start. Years of anthems, platinum records, and recognition... None had compared to the moment that was right in front of her now, the trophy in her hands as they shook and yet held onto the facsimile of the WHF30 logo as she watched Martin orate to the crowd one last time. Doing what made him such a beloved host, and then singing off with that trademark salute of his. This caused Katarina to breathe even more heavily, it was time for her to perform again.

She wondered how the past winners felt as they walked back to the stage they just performed on just an hour before. Did they expect it to happen? Katarina knew that within herself, this win was unexpected. She always thought that the statement, though seeming genuine to her, was always something that came about in the moment. But with Katarina, holding the physical representation of her win in her hand, she understood why it was so important then. Katarina funnily knew that what she had thought could potentially mean that the metal trophy in her head was more essential, but what Katarina took from this was that she was able to be confident in the knowledge that her artistry had been accepted. Her dues, toils, and pain... While she knew that there were many others in the world that would do anything to be in her position, she knew that it was a hole that could lead her down to a night she didn't want to be down on.

This was her time, her moment... Even if she did bring that second win for Izmedu and pulled off a feat that no one in RTI had expected as they began WHF30 preparation, Katarina knew what had gotten her into this position... The song she came into the evening with, and now the song she would sing out the night with.

Those 10 years were worth it... Katarina thought, walking to the stage.

The crowd cheer was at a broadcast-error causing level at the advent of the host's winning entry, with the lights billowing down to the center of the stage with the stage going into pure darkness right after. The cheer maintained its strong, almost broadcasting-error level even as a single light shined from the back, causing Katarina to be lit up in shadow as the camera began to pan across the stage, letting a single reflection occur on broadcast. A firm piano chord played, sounding 'live,' heralding the beginning of the entry, in which the camera faded to a closer view of Katarina...

It only takes one word to fall down
To see that everything I've worked for is simply gone
Like fallen fantasies crumbling to ashes
They just faded out, killed by reality

Katarina, now fully lit up by a spotlight, was revealed to be wearing this simple black dress and was standing behind a microphone stand, where she'll remain stationary. Her eyes were closed, cheeks slightly wrinkled as she sang the first line, the pain coursing through her voice from the high key. She opened them after the first line, singing each word carefully as the camera stayed fixed to her, changing angles only once per line to alter from a sideways view to one in front. At the end of the verse, the camera caught a sideways profile of her looking down, with her visibly breathing as she sung 'killed by reality.'

I'm standing tall despite the pain
Even as you say my dreams are worthless
Standing tall against your hate
You've called me delusional, hopeless
A failure

The transition to the chorus was quick, but Katarina maintained the intense emotionality of her vocals. At this, the camera began to display slow wide views of the stage, a rotating pan that saw the appearance of holograms on stage. These holograms were stationary, seeming to resemble Katarina, one to the far left hugging her knees, and another to the right standing forlorn. Katarina, during this chorus, closed her eyes at some parts as she raised her arm up to be able to gnaw and belt out a few notes. At the fourth and fifth line, the hologram of the girl hugging her knees faded, absorbed into the darkness.

I'll find my own way out
Live the dreams you denied me
I know it's foolish
All these hopes
I stand tall, knowing I'm broken
I'll create my own fate, and I'm saying goodbye

Katarina's vocals were at their most intense as she belted out these lines, with a few more white lights coming to reflect the more hopeful, though intensely melancholic tone. Katarina looked to have gripped the microphone in a vice grip, looking fragile at the last line, and with her fittingly staring into the direction of the faded hologram at the end of the chorus. She closed her eyes again, seeming to look up for a moment to clear her eyes.

You say it's done out of love
That you were protecting me from such a 'dangerous' world
Why did you hurt me like that? Why did you break me?
There was only one answer you gave me... 'you are worthless.'

There was not much breathing room for a pause as Katarina started on the second verse only after a few seconds of the chorus. At the advent of the verse, the camera focused on more close ups as the screen behind her began to gradually turn white, with a black outline of Katarina acting as a shadow, static on the screen like the solitary hologram on the left. Her vocals were more resonant, each word and line seeing her pull forward and looking into the camera at ample opportunities. At the third line, especially, was where Katarina unleashed a powerful belt at 'why did you hurt me like that,' before taking on a more reflective tone for the rest of the verse. At the last line, with the camera rather close to her, her hand could be seen shaking at the end of the verse, and the screen image itself also faded.

I'm standing tall despite the pain
Even as you say my dreams are worthless
Standing tall against your hate
You've called me delusional, hopeless
A failure
I'll find my own way out
Live the dreams you denied me
I know it's foolish
All these hopes
I stand tall, knowing I'm broken
I'll create my own fate, and I'm saying goodbye

At the second chorus, the Dragulj Arena lit up in a gentle white configuration as the camera began to pan across the stage in a wide view. More holograms on the stage began to fade in and out, which turned into a timelapse of the girl from earlier moving through life, with images of triumph (with her happy the nearer the hologram was to Katarina) from heartbreak (the more sadder, the farther away) appearing in intervals as Katarina sang the chorus. At the last lines, the lights around the Dragulj as the camera focused on Katarina once more, with her ending the chorus in a slightly prolonged note.

Standing tall...

That brief refrain of the title served as Katarina's chance to breathe before going through the final chorus of the song, as the few stage effects that were there began to fade. During this, the camera panned out to a wide view specifically just for the reprise, as this was the moment that confetti began to gently rain down on the stage.

Standing tall despite my suffering
One day maybe you'll be right all along
You can destroy my hopes, but here's where I fight
You will never destroy a person again
I'll stop you

More holograms began to appear on the stage as the camera took on a slowly descending bird's eye view for this chorus, with the piano instrumental far more resonant for these parts as Katarina's voice took on a slightly lower, more determined tone at these four lines. The holograms, though looking more like visible shadows, began to show frozen scenes that reflected image, including one of someone older shouting at her child situated next to Katarina. At the last two lines, her vocals became passionately tinged to the point of a near growl with one of them. This was then followed up by a hand motion towards the hologram next to her, causing it to react with a white flash before disappearing from the stage.

I found my own way out
I found my own purpose
For once, I can say...
I'm happy

This part, with the piano instrumentation and vocals at their peak, would serve as the climax to the song. The camera, during this, remained much closer to Katarina as the holograms farther from her disappeared line by line, with the lights shining brighter with one particularly bright spotlight illuminating her from the back. It was during this part where her eyes were closed from the pouring of raw emotion, her belts during the 'I found' lines causing a slight echo in the live arena as she went for a powerful belt. At the end of these lines, her voice went higher and softer, fading into a near but absorbed sob at 'I'm happy,' where the lights would then fade sans that bright spotlight. Katarina began to openly sob at this rate, knowing that the lyrics reflected the complicated euphoria and immense sadness inside her, to the point where she stepped away from the microphone for a second after that final line, eliciting a strong response from the crowd in response.

I stand tall, away from the past
When all is said and done, I look towards the future

For these last two lines, the tone was far more reflective, the piano becoming softer as Katarina was angled slightly downward, her body a bit more relaxed as she looked at the camera with open eyes. The camera, with the stage now fading into darkness, closed up on her as the song began to end, with the spotlight being reflected back visibly to her eyes. At the end, she looked down for a moment as the piano played a few notes. Her vocals was shaky at this point, but Katarina managed to keep it centered to close out the song,

Standing tall... Standing tall...

Her vocals, though losing the intensity from earlier, ended on a soft, but emotional note as the song closed out with a lower chord. At this, Katarina could be seen visibly turning away for a breather as the spotlight on her faded, with the Izmeduan home crowd cheering for her very heavily, at a volume similar if not slightly louder from earlier. As the Dragulj Arena came back on, Katarina could be seen looking a bit fragile, but this time, she had the strength to say a few words.

"Never give up, I love you." Katarina said to the crowd, blowing one kiss as she stood there, a hopeful expression on her face as that expression was then snapped by a professional photographer, eternalizing her winning moment.

After that, the stage began to light up as the rest of the Izmeduan delegation came up on stage to congratulate Katarina on the newfound victory. The credits began to roll as the audience was let known that the 30th World Hit Festival was officially over. Yet, just like last time, it was only the beginning of another round of parties... The audience was larger this time around, there were more delegations to hang out with, in Izmeduan terms, the night was still young.

The credits were finished and the cameras then stopped rolling.
Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates