NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 30 - Vodiznad, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:10 pm

Martin: May we have Fromulya's 1 through 4 votes?

Names began to reoccur even further with the advent of Fromulya's votes, as audiences were mentally counting who was in the lead, or even who had managed to make it to leaderboard with any points.

Martin: Alright, up next is us, Izmedu.

4 points: Anollasia
3 points: Besini
2 points: Izmedu
1 point: Britonisea

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:16 pm

Martin: May we have Izmedu's 1 through 4 votes on the screen?

Some in the audience were surprised to see the host vote rather early, but it seemed to have lock the perpetually excitement surrounding the votes. It's looking rather close...

Martin: Intriguing... We're not even a third of the way through yet, so keep your hearts calm. Next is Zeganas.

4 points: Todlichebujoku
3 points: Normandy and Picardy
2 points: Kalosia
1 point: Besini

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:20 pm

Martin: May we have Zeganas' phase I votes on the screen?

Observant audience members again noted the reappearing names, and with the first third of the Phase I votes down, could this be a sign of a runaway? Or could fortunes change later on?

Martin: That's 50 points that we've now given out, but 110 remain just for this phase alone. Don't lose hope just yet, the next nation up is Chameliya.

4 points: Ethane
3 points: Izmedu
2 points: Normandy and Picardy
1 point: Anollasia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Martin: Can we have Chameliya's Phase I votes on the screen?

Now this was where it got interesting. Could these nations be making a rally for a lead in the first Phase?

Martin: Almost at the halfway mark... Next up is Mercedini.

4 points: Todlichebujoku
3 points: Natanya
2 points: Anollasia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Martin: May we have Mercedini's 1 through 4 votes?

These votes were like waves, almost going back and forth inbetween who was in the lead. With the votes slowly amassing, who would round out on top? The Normand and Cosneoltan delegations certainly had reason to be hopeful.

Martin: Let's push on forward to Kannap's votes.

4 points: Cosneolta
3 points: Normandy & Picardy
2 points: Todlichebujoku

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Martin: Let's have Kannap's Phase I votes on the screen.

At the halfway mark, a new nation now had points on the leaderboard; which caused a massive arena reaction from Chameliyali fans in the arena, and the arena in general.

Martin: Quite the reaction! Alright, we've just gone through 8 votes of Phase I and we have 8 more remaining. Anollasia's votes are next.

4 points: Natanya
3 points: Mercedini
2 points: Ethane
1 point: Chameliya

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:15 pm

Martin: May we please have Anollasia's Phase I votes on the screen?

Another back and forth, a mix of names from earlier bringing up more questions of a potential runaway. What did the scoreboard look like now?

Martin: The tension's rising up, who knows what this arena will look like? Alright, Natanya's next.

4 points: Zeganas
1 point: Kalosia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Martin: Let's have Natanya's 1 through 4 on the screens.

The advent of the Natanyan Phase I vote caused a massive crowd cheer louder than before. With only 6 votes remaining, would this consolidation persist up to phase II? Fans of the listed nations looked ever more hopeful...

Martin: We're not in Phase II just yet! Let's calm down, as Britonisea's votes are next.

4 points: Mercedini
3 points: Britonisea
2 points: Izmedu
1 point: Normandy & Picardy

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:30 pm

Martin: Can we have Britonisea's Phase I vote on the screens?

A cheer similar to the Natanyan vote roared through the arena as it looked the contest was blown wide open. Could these names be making a last minute rally at the last third of Phase I?

Martin: The home stretch is in sight... Next up is Normandy & Picardy's votes.

4 points: Kalosia
3 points: Chameliya
2 points: Todlichebujoku
1 point: Ethane

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:35 pm

Martin: May we have Normandy and Picardy's Phase I vote?

It's looking even more intriguing, Chameliya's name now appeared twice in a row following an early drought. Izmeduan fans began to look hopeful as well, and could Ethane and Besini have their hands at a first win?

Martin: Alright... Cosneolta's next.

4 points: Chameliya

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Martin: Let's see Cosneolta's Phase I vote on the screen.

Now it would be fans of Ethane's entry looking hopeful at the closing of Phase I. Watchers were now trying to reverse-engineer the current Phase II running order, but the question remained, who would be on top after this?

Martin: I can feel all of the excitement and panic growing by the second... Night's not over just yet, next up is Kalosia's 1 through 4!

4 points: Ethane
3 points: Britonisea
2 points: Anollasia
1 point: Zeganas

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:45 pm

Martin: Can we have Kalosia's phase I votes on the screen?

Martin: There went the Natanyan fans, cheering for their nation after somewhat of a drought. This was where hope began to develop into a fever pitch, the crowd was liable to cheer at anything at this rate.

Martin: Only 2 sets of votes remain before we end Phase I. Alright, let's get to Besini's votes.

4 points: Natanya
2 points: Chameliya

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:50 pm

Martin: Can we have Besini's Phase I vote on the screens?

Fans of Skanden's entry cheered at their nation's name appearing on the leaderboard, and Kalosian fans looked to be getting hopeful as well.

Martin: Only one vote remains before we end Phase I, and that is Ethane's vote.

4 points: Kalosia
3 points: Skanden
2 points: Mercedini
1 point: Anollasia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Martin: Can we have Ethane's Phase I vote on the screens?

A huge crowd cheer came as these votes appeared, with Izmeduans particularly excited to see their nation receive those 4 points. Now, it was the end of Phase I.

Martin: That's it! We're at half-time!

4 points: Izmedu
3 points: Anollasia
2 points: Zeganas
1 point: Chameliya

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Martin: 160 out of 240 points have been revealed as part of Phase I, but it's still very much all to play for. After 16 sets of votes, it's only fair for us to reveal the scoreboard. So, can we have the scoreboard up on the screen?

This caused a reaction in the Dragulj Arena that could've caused a broadcasting error. After 16 sets of votes, and similarly to last edition, the host nation was in the lead by a considerable but not unbeatable margin. The camera, as it broke away from the score screens, focused on the green room where Katarina Zunic could be seen with two hands clasped over her mouth; the Izmeduan entrant herself could barely believe what she was seeing in the screens, and the crowd went into a pandemonium that eerily reminded watchers of what it was like when Anamarija led the voting.

Martin: Let's calm down... Let's calm. Alright, about to give me a heart attack what have you? In the lead is Izmedu with 23 points, second is Ethane with 16 points, and rounding out third is Normandy & Picardy with 15 points. Let's go over to the green room, shall we?

The camera feed cut to the still shocked Katarina, who was sitting still as the delegation around her cheered.

Martin: Katarina, I know it's difficult for you to speak right now, but what do you feel right now?

Katarina: I...

Katarina could barely speak as all she could do was just nod, emotionally overcome by the fact that the song she sang had sparked such a strong response. She had to take a moment to breathe and had to hold onto something. It took her a bit to get her bearings.

Katarina: I... I'm just honored... I don't know how I feel except happiness. Just pure happiness. I can't say anymore...

Martin: That's good to hear Katarina. I know it's hard to say anything, so I'll cut it short and ask you one more question. What would you like to say?

Katarina grabbed the microphone she held and had to take a breather for her to respond in full.

Katarina: I just want to say... For anyone that finds strength in my song, follow your heart. You only have one life, one shot to do this. This, being here, is beyond my wildest dreams. If I gave up like I almost did years ago, I wouldn't be here. Thank you, I love you.

The camera turned away from Katarina as we were back at the main stage of the Dragulj Arena, with Martin still on the podium.

Martin: Thank you Katarina for your touching words, but as we know, the voting isn't over. There is still 80 points left on offer, 16 sets of 5 points that can and most probably will cause dramatic changes on the scoreboard. Ladies and gentleman, welcome to Phase II of the 30th World Hit Festival voting!

There was a huge crowd cheer in response, with Martin taking a brief break.

Martin: Alright, here's how it's going to work. We will go through each nation one last time to see who nations have voted as their favorite, represented by their maximum 5 points they give out, with their national spokesperson being the one to reveal who each nation gave their 5 points to. Alright, may we have spokespersons on the screens now?

Each spokesperson appeared on the screens, creating brief 16 screen wedges where each of them waved to the audience before fading away after a few seconds

Martin: Alright, let's begin. The first Phase II vote of the night is Britonisea. Dobra vecer Britonisea! Evangeline Hope, may we have your 5 points?
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Evangeline Hope: Hello little bunnies at the World Hit Festival 30 in Izmedu! It must be ecstatic to have the World Hit Festival in your wonderful country. I am here to give you the 5 points from our country to a certain's country. I have to say, I enjoyed the entries from Normandy and Picardy and Izmedu, but, let's say, they came 7th and 6th respectively. Anyway...Our five points go to...

KANNAP

Evangeline Hope: It's such a shame we couldn't give ourselves twel- oh right, this isn't the WorldVision. Sorry, it is a shame we couldn't give ourselves five points for a tropical realness! But, I hope it does well, and doesn't flop like the previous WorldVis- oh sorry, World Hit Festival entries. You know, let me tell you a little anecdote. I walked in to a BVC lab and I saw one of the executives speaking about how they don't know how to crack the World Hit, and there is only one solution. The solution will become visible in the 31st World Hit Festival. Interesting right? Do you like my nails?" *Shows nails to the camera* "I got them done only a couple of ours ago, they're painted as Britonish flags, getting all patriotic. Anyway, before I leave, I would like to say, please vote for me in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017, I am performing 1st in Semi Final 3 and I think it'd be an honour to get the finals. Anyway, it's time to go. Sorry for holding you guys up. I hope the contest goes swimmingly. I love you all, remember that. Kisses.

Martin: Of course Evangeline! We love you as well and thank you for the points. It's time to see how Ethane voted. Dobra vecer Ethane and Richard! May we have your five points?

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:15 pm

Richard Raskall: The 5 points go to...

MERCEDINI

Martin: Thank you Ethane for your 5 points! Alright, let's see what Kalosia has in store for us.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Kalosia! And good evening Paola, may we have your votes please?

Paola Amadin: Buna sirë Vodiznad! Hope you're all doing well tonight. Anyway, let's look at the result from Kalosia, shall we. The 5 points go to...

BRITONISEA

Martin: Thank you so much for your votes, Paola! Up next is Anollasia.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Anollasia! Good evening Ahmed, may we have the Anollasian 5 points?

Ahmed Torres: Hello world! This has been possibly one of the best editions I have ever seen. There were so many spectacular performances and our host has done an outstanding job. Now, here are the Anollasian votes. The 5 points goes to...

CHAMELIYA

Ahmed Torres: Alright, there you go. Thank you everybody and good night.

Martin: Thank you so much, Anollasia! And thank you for your kind words as well, we're honored. Next up is Zeganas.

Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Zeganas! May we have your 5 points please?

Andrew Ramirez: The 5 points go to...

BRITONISEA

Martin: Thank you for giving us Zeganas' votes, Andrew! Our next vote is from Todlichebujoku.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Todlichebujoku! May we please have your 5 points?

Anja Krebs: Hello Vodiznad! What an absolutely stunning show you've had on for us!! I've never been more torn on who to vote for! Anyway, on to the votes. The 5 points go to...

Zucirjak ft. Jagoda - Isolation (The O-Brad Remix)!

Just kidding- it's

BESINI

Martin: Haha almost gave us a heart attack there, Anja! But thanks for the votes, let's move onto Natanya!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:45 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Natanya!... Natanya, are you there?

Martin: It seems we're having trouble collecting the broadcast uplink, but I've been authorized to give the votes. Alright, so the Natanyan 5 went to...

COSNEOLTA

Martin: The next set of 5 points are from Fromulya.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Fromulya! Good evening Fitri, may we have the Fromulyan 5 points!

Fitri Anulawati: Dobra vecer Izmedu, selamat malam! We are enjoying the show here in Fromulya. And for our votes... The 5 points...

CHAMELIYA

Martin: Thank you Fitri for the votes! The next vote is... Well, you might know this nation, it's Izmedu!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:57 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Vodizinad i dobra vecer Izmedu! Nice to see you Apolonija, can we have the 5 votes from the host country?

Apolonija: Dobra vecer to the Dragulj Arena! Hey there Martin, snappy and fast as ever in your old age. You're doing a great job. If I can make it to the end of the night, so can you. Alright, here is the Izmeduan 5... Which... goes... to...

ETHANE

Martin: Thanks for the votes Apolonija and thank you for the compliments! It's looking tighter and tighter, but it's not over yet as we look to Skanden for their votes.

Last edited by Izmedu on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:00 pm

Martin: Dobra vecer Skanden! Good evening your majesty, can we have the 5 points from your nation?

HM King Leo III: Good evening world, this is Skanden calling. The Skandish people have spoken and here is how they voted. Our 5 points go to...

KALOSIA

Martin: Thank you so much for the votes! Alright, it's the home stretch, only 6 sets of 5 points remain before we find out our winner. Besini's next.

Last edited by Izmedu on Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates