NATION

PASSWORD

Demens Chosen [PL: Into the Abyss - CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:29 pm

Prim, we gotta talk about DEiMOS stuff sometime, for the future SW story. :p
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:Prim, we gotta talk about DEiMOS stuff sometime, for the future SW story. :p

Happy to. Although we might need Ceril to sign off on certain things. Shoot me a TG if you wanna talk.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:33 pm

Cerillium wrote:Granis, you just had to post the link to the app. I'm not sure what happened to the formatting in your post above.
Granis wrote:Alright, edited it. Just posting it again because otherwise it'll get buried.

CODE: SELECT ALL
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Granis

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced):intermediate

How often can you post? Most of the time. I check my rps multiple times a day.

CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Shiromainu Iso

Character Gender: Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Appearance:
Face:
http://static.zerochan.net/Doujima.Ryou ... 044660.jpg
Armour:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mon ... 0704164726
URL to Character Picture, if any:

Character Occupation: Hunter

Character's biggest strengths: Knows a lot about hunting, and is very good at it, particularly with a longsword.

[b]Character's biggest weaknesses: Pretty much everything else. If it isn't related to hunting, he probably doesn't know it. He is also very shy around new people, only really having known the people in the village all his life.

OBJECTIVES
[b]Primary Objectives
are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Secondary Objectives are minor goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective: Become the best hunter he can be in order to prove to his parents and to the hunters guild that he can stand on his own and sustain himself, but also prove that he's worthy of being called a hunter. (This can lead to all sorts of character development moments, especially when he fails a mission and torments himself by thinking maybe he's not worthy of the title at all.)

Secondary Objectives: 1. Learn how to cook. 2. Use his ability to fish, gather herbs and mushrooms, etc as a means to support himself and contribute to his new "guild". 3. Collect more powerful weapons to aid him in his fight against monsters so that, one day, he can return to his dimension and prove once and for all that he's not his mother or father but his own person worthy of renown. 4. Learn to craft more items, and perhaps learn to smith so he can create his own weapons and armor from monster materials.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
Basic training in all hunter weapon types available as of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
Knowledge of how to create simple items by combining ingredients, such as the basic MH health potion.
Good understanding of when to time his attacks and dodges.
Knows how to mine and gather materials from the wild.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, wizarding, piloting etc.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent:
    Longsword training, 3
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent:
    Hunter level strength, 2
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent:
    Hunter level endurance, 1
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent:
    Hunter level dexterity, 1

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time.

• Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 2:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet.

List:
Not sure if these should be considered magic or not, so I'm putting them in here to be safe.

Full Kut-Ku armour set (3 points): Offers decent defence against melee attacks, and resistances to fire. Weak to water, ice and dragon elements. 3 points.

Eager Cleaver (4 points): a massive katana created using machalite ore, iron ore, and electro sacks harvested from previously hunted Khezus. Thanks to these electro sacks, the weapon is imbued with a powerful electric charge, shocking whatever it cuts.

EQUIPMENT
This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker.

List:
Hunters pouch
10 paint balls
5 potions
1 mega potion
10 whetstones
1 shock trap
3 tranq bombs
10 herbs
10 blue mushrooms

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character aquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary and secondary objectives into it.

Education or Training: Hunter training from his parents.

Character Background/Biography: Iso grew up in a small village named Lokomo, which was out of the way of just about everything, far from the rest of civilisation. The only information he ever got from the outside world were from the hunters and representatives of the hunters guild, his own parents included. Every night as a child, he would sit in the guild hall and listen to the hunters tales until well past the time the rest of the village children had gone to sleep.

Because of this, most felt it was no surprise that he became a hunter himself, taking up the longsword like his mother had, although still occasionally training with a light bowgun like his father. As one might expect, he became rather good at it, quickly rising to rank 4 missions.

However, during a particularly gruelling hunt where he had to fight a Rathalos, a powerful wyvern that regularly served as a wake up call for young hunters, he was knocked off a cliff.

When he woke up, he was in a place he didn't recognise, and he was covered in small injuries from the hunt.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like)
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mon ... 0623110545

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)
Shit.
This wasn't what Jeremy wanted...

He'd just been so angry, but he'd never wanted to trigger some kind of trauma!

"Hey, are you alright?"

It was just a small shudder, small enough that some people might not have picked up on it, but the timing indicated that at least some small part of her heard him.

He sighed.

"Alright, listen. I'm sorry I blew up at you. I don't know if you registered anything I was saying, but if you didn't, I've had a bad couple of days. But you have to understand that, while it is a big part of it, I'm not just thinking the war that'll start."

He paused, looking at the ground as he thought back to his actions the day before. How e was trying desperately to negotiate his way out of certain death. How, in the spur of the moment, he guilt tripped Lia into complying peacefully so he could survive. How he guilt tripped a fucking child into going somewhere that obviously held horrible, horrible trauma for her so he didn't have to die.

It made him feel sick.

"She... needs us." He said, before looking up and staring the woman dead in the eye. "Lia needs us. She needs her brother, and you, and anyone else we can find. We have to save her. I have to save her, and I'll need help for that. So please, tell me where I can find her brother, and stop him before he gets killed going after the wrong people!"

He dropped to his knees, lowered his head to the ground, and hoped to god that she'd believe him enough to actually help him.

"I'm begging you, help me save the person who sold her freedom to save me!"
IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS: Granis
Character Name: Shiromainu Iso
Image Link:
Face:
http://static.zerochan.net/Doujima.Ryou ... 044660.jpg
Armour:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mon ... 0704164726
Brief Description for Bio: A friendly, if shy, low level monster hunter... from Monster Hunter.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.

Are you playing him as a video game character that has sprung to life or is he simply from a dimension where life is like what's found in the video game?

A dimension where life is essentially the same as the game. There isn't a village like his in any of the games, and I would probably have to make him even more overpowered if I made him an actual character from the game.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Granis wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Granis, you just had to post the link to the app. I'm not sure what happened to the formatting in your post above.

Are you playing him as a video game character that has sprung to life or is he simply from a dimension where life is like what's found in the video game?

A dimension where life is essentially the same as the game. There isn't a village like his in any of the games, and I would probably have to make him even more overpowered if I made him an actual character from the game.

Alright then. Approved but you'll need to wait until tomorrow before joining the IC. I'll need some players to volunteer or CoOP to man Volker.

You'll need to let me know what he was doing moments before being hauled from his dimension. It would have been a moment before his death.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:29 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Granis wrote:

Alright then. Approved but you'll need to wait until tomorrow before joining the IC. I'll need some players to volunteer or CoOP to man Volker.

You'll need to let me know what he was doing moments before being hauled from his dimension. It would have been a moment before his death.

Present for about another two and a half hours. :P
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname:Prim

Skill Level: Intermediate

How often can you post? once every two days

Character Name: Insidious

Character Gender: Female

Species: Luxan (Luxans are relatively human but have various extra organs, as well as increased speed, strength, stamina and toxic tolerance. However such a physiology requires a massive amount of calories and a Luxan starves at three time the rate of a normal human.)

Appearance: A skinny nudist with color changing skin and short hair

URL to Character Picture, if any: pic

Character Occupation: Artist

Character's biggest strength: An innate ability to know what a person wants and how to cater to them.

Character's worst flaw: Desperately wants to be appreciated and lacks an understand of why people have different morals and ethics than her.

OBJECTIVES AND GOALS

Primary Objective: Create a set of art pieces that represent her experiences in the DEiMOS.

Minor Goals: Find prominent artists in Galli and learn about them, find exotic sights and sensations unique to galli and the dimensions through the gates to represent in art, discover new colors, textures, emotions and substances to make art out of, rediscover her lost art pieces scattered by the DEiMOS’s crash

MUNDANE SKILLS

List Mundane skills here
Other Languages (Greek, Latin, Mandarin, French), Luxan self defense course, Mount Riding, Drive most vehicles vehicles, nearly every form of art to one degree or another, Luxan art history, Other minor skills picked up growing up.

• Ability 1 Magical knowledge and craft: 2
  • Ability 2 Scientific knowledge and craft: 1
  • Ability 3 Artistic Craft: 4

• Ability 1: Baleful Influence
    Power Level: 4
    Strengths: The victim of this power is overcome with the urge to follow the commands of Insidious. They will ignore their own self interests and cater to any verbal command Insidious gives them while she is in control. (REQUIRES PLAYER PERMISSION TO WORK ON PC’s)
    Weaknesses: The stronger a person's will the less effective this power is. Mental magical wards may offer protection as well as those who have surgically removed parts of their brain.
    Restrictions: Insidious must make eye contact with her target and speak several powerful syllables at the same moment.

• Ability 2: Eibons Jinx
    Power Level: 3
    Strengths: This power causes soul-chilling dread, breaking the target’s concentration and disrupting his or her actions. It forces images and sensation that mimic the darkest fears of a victim. Those of weak will may die of fright, those of moderate will may be momentarily struck with uncontrollable panic, those of strong will are most likely to be momentarily disturbed but not be too gravely impaired.

Weaknesses: The stronger a person's will the less effective this power is. Mental magical wards may offer protection as well as those who have surgically removed parts of their brain.
    Restrictions: Must be able to point directly at the target with her primary hand and invoke an eldritch word of power.
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS

List:
  • Portable Forcefield: This bracelet device made out of metal and crystals can project a field of force away the wearer to protect them from ranged attacks. It deflects bullets, lasers, and other projectile like weapons. It is useless against close combat attacks.
  • Plutonian Furnace: This collection of glass instruments and organic bladers is used by Luxan’s to brew powerful narcotics. It can brew normal human narcotics easily or with more effort substances unique to the Luxans. Can create some types of poison. Requires various chemical components to create each substance. But not as much as less advanced drug dealers.
  • Sense Stylus: A potent artistic tool that allows Insidious to make unique creations by altering the compositions of objects. Can recolor, retexture, reshape, reflavor and rescent objects. Not useful as a weapon but with some precision could be used to pick locks and manipulate fine machinery.
  • Dream Draught: This device is used to record a person's dreams. Be plugging it in during the night it records them and they can be effortlessly remembered by plugging it back in while awake. Could be hotwired to read a person's subconscious thoughts.
  • Neural Whip: Used by Luxans for friends as well as enemies these consist of alien devices that can force impressions on a humanoid nervous system. Requires a subject be bound and have a nervous system similar to humans. No real gore is created merely horrific sensations.

EQUIPMENT

List: .22 Automatic + Ammo, Luxan SmartRings (act as a smart phone, pictures, internet, calling, etc..), $134.32 in Luxan Currency, A silver nailpin designed to be a dagger, large amounts of jewellry and piercings,

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.

Education or Training: Masters in Genetic Artistry, Masters in Chemical Engineering, PhD in Artistic Interpretation, Basic firearms and self defense training,

Character Background/Biography: Insidious was born in Natlus to a very traditional Luxan household. They sang the long chant every night, sacrificed animals weekly and humans monthly. Her parents tried to live like the prophets never using technology invented past 1937. She lived with twelve other siblings and always struggled to find attention in her large family as a middle child.

To cope she took up painting as a way to rebel. Her parents, who saw literature as the only worthwhile artform were greatly disappointed but after much teenage angst they let her paint and sketch. She blasted through reams of paper at an astonishing rate, pouring her emotions out on surrealist paintings of her dreams, landscapes of the surrounding landscape and portraits. She vented.

One day she was approached by a stranger who admired her work and offered to sponsor her art and help her attend higher education. This sponsor was revealed to be Lillian Wolland a famous surgeon artist from Reala. Insidious told her parents and left despite their concerns.

Wolland quickly helped Insidious master nearly every art form known to Luxan kind. Queer types of music and strange methods of painting that boggled the mind. She learned how to photograph nightmares and sculpt flesh, she practiced growing living canvases and carving reality to suit the needs of each peice. Insidious had never been happier.

It wasn’t long before Insidious learned that Wolland was dying and infertile. She had taken Insidious under her wing not only be a final comfort for her in her dying days but also to be Woollands final piece of art. “There’s no finer artistic creation than making a soul” she told Insidious on her deathbed. That night Insidious went out and purchased her most expensive artistic surgery. A full body color changing skin graft. She sat on an operating table for a full day shrieking in pain and sobbing in misery before she was finished.

Insidious continued her work and began to finish her schooling but her life was lacking the same flare as it once had. That is until she met Primordial. A young up and coming son of a Baron, they met in an art history class. He was there for the history, she was there for the art. But they became friends and bought an apartment together a month later. It was Primordial and his unyielding drive to impress people and live up to his families name that helped Insidious find a new muse. He didn’t seem to let anything get in his way, greedy classmates, stubborn teacher or the laws of physics.

Insidious began her work again in earnest and was picked up by a major artistic licensing company. She spent many years painting prominent building, creating sculptures for Dukes, and shooting small movies for film festivals. She became quite popular and famous.

With her new fame she decided to return home to confront her parents and tell them how much she had missed them and how deeply she loved them despite being so aloof. However when she arrived back in Natlus she found the entire area that had been her home was gone, destroyed by a radiation storm. Her family was dead and she alone all over again. She realized then the cruel nature of the universe. Her family had always spoken of it, how it was chaotic uncaring world of nightmarish meaninglessness. But only now did she understand.

Luckily for her Primordial called before she could sink into total self-annihilation. He told her of an opportunity to travel the universe. Explore new sights and locations, to rob them blind of knowledge and make Luxa remember their names for years to come. Insidious didn’t care about knowledge or becoming national heros, but she was desperate for a purpose that would cure her Ennui. She came along ready to sketch the edges of the dark universe.

Along with Aegis, she and Primordial journeyed across the gulfs of time and space. Primordial stealing books, Aegis devastating armies and her just there to photograph it all. She filled entire galleries with pieces and burned millions more that she found lacking. It’s been a fun distraction but now she’s trapped on Galli and the crippling fear and self-loathing is creeping back into her mind and her art.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: pic

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS:
Character Name:Insidious
Image Link: pic
Brief Description for Bio: Insidious a Luxan Artist who has learned first hand about the uncaring universe and the blackness it holds. Covered in color changing skin and revelling in pain and pleasure in equal degree she’s just as beautiful as she is terrifying. While her friends adventure with goals in mind she only wants to cure the crippling Ennui in her mind.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.

A massive revision and series of revelations to Insidious's backstory.
Powers slightly reworked and some magical items added given the new magical item structure.
Let me know what needs changing.

Approved. Her backstory is fantastic. Good job reworking her.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:02 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Granis wrote:

He'd just been blasted off a cliff by an angry Rathalos he was fighting. How far back into the IC will I need to read to get an idea of what's going on?

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:03 pm

Granis wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Alright then. Approved but you'll need to wait until tomorrow before joining the IC. I'll need some players to volunteer or CoOP to man Volker.

He'd just been blasted off a cliff by an angry Rathalos he was fighting. How far back into the IC will I need to read to get an idea of what's going on?

Not, really. We're used to new chars always coming in, so one or another of us will catch you up. *nods*
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:09 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Granis wrote:

Not, really. We're used to new chars always coming in, so one or another of us will catch you up. *nods*

Ok, cool. I was just thinking I should try and figure out what all the characters are like, considering how in order to be true to his character, he probably shouldn't have a very good reaction to many of the more... draconic... characters.

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:12 pm

Keeping this in mind as well.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:14 pm

(thumbsup)
mumblemumblemumble

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:03 am

I know I have a extremely terrible schedule that often leaves me disappearing often, but, is it possible for me to still come back to PL?
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:10 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Granis wrote:

I volunteer as tribute! Would you prefer paper-Nick or Kwa'a stopping by in an attempt to catch up with/check on Rmwtyliin?

Edit @ Tsu: I wonder if you could do a character with an excuse for constantly vanishing? Maybe they randomly turn to inanimate stone or thin air at inconvenient times?
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:14 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for being so patient Granis, trust us and you'll have a lot of fun here. :)
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:06 pm

Giovenith wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for being so patient Granis, trust us and you'll have a lot of fun here. :)

Wow, thanks. I was actually worried that I was being way too impatient.

Also, I was just wondering how I should do my first post. I'm not quite sure how I should start off.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Granis wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Just wanted to say thanks for being so patient Granis, trust us and you'll have a lot of fun here. :)

Also, I was just wondering how I should do my first post. I'm not quite sure how I should start off.

Let the Force Guide you :p

Aka, let the OP's do their thing, yo. they introduce characters to the setting.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:08 pm

Granis wrote:

A fun way to do things might be to give a glimpse of what the world he comes from is like. Before he gets catapulted into the new one.
mumblemumblemumble

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:12 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Granis wrote:

A fun way to do things might be to give a glimpse of what the world he comes from is like. Before he gets catapulted into the new one.

That makes sense. I guess I'll do that now.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:28 pm

Tsuyoi tekikoku wrote:I know I have a extremely terrible schedule that often leaves me disappearing often, but, is it possible for me to still come back to PL?

I'm liking the new flag, Tsu.

Reapply. (Everyone is working on new apps). You'll need to remain active or, at minimum, post in the OOC if you know your schedule is about to get bad. Allow others the option of dropping you from a story or else running your character just to move her along.

@Granis. I echo Gio. Thanks for being so patient.

I have a few more things to tackle online before I can work on NS. I'll have IC posts up a bit later, including an intro for Granis' character. Thanks for your patience, all.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:47 pm

Whew, finally done with these! Hope everything transferred well.

#PLAPP

PERSONIFICATION LIFE

PLAYER INFORMATION
    NS nation nickname: Gio

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Advanced

How often can you post? Once a week, at the very least, unless for giant posts.

Character Name: Giovenith (legally: Giovenith Jerid)

Character Gender: Female

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Deity

Appearance: Giovenith stands at 5 feet, 2 inches, weighs around 98 pounds, and is slight. She has pale skin, dark lavender eyes, and short, often frizzy white hair which lights up with colors when acting in accordance with her divine domain. She is rarely seen wearing anything besides her light pink sweater-dress, white and purple stripped tights (with navy blue shorts pulled over under skirt - no panty shots for you!), light purple legwarmers, bright pink sneakers, and headband with a ceremonial winged gem pin attached. She has a small degree of dragon physiology, able to unhinge her jaw, swallow and digest bones and raw meat, possesses elevated biting strength, and can communicate instinctually with most dragon species.

Voiced by Lacey Chabert, a la Eliza Thornberry; "I'll tell him where and when I decide to tell him, okay?" "I told you, they don't allow chimps in school!"

URL to Character Picture, if any: Click

Character Occupation: Freelance artist

Character's biggest strength: Character and heart. Giovenith is very brave, helpful, and can withstand a lot of mental and emotional pressure that would crush most people her age. She can be wise beyond her years and very patient, always willing to step in and offer her reasoning to smooth over a bad situation.

Character's worst flaw: Insecurity. She often doubts her own ability to influence things, unfairly compares herself to older women she admires, and shies away from some growth milestones. Her safe and cozy upbringing as made her naive and hesitant toward some areas in life.

OBJECTIVES AND GOALS

Primary Objective: Help to win the God War and preserve the universe.

Minor Goals:

- Build her life as an adult
- Discover what sort of god she wants to be
- Learn to develop limits on who she can and can't help

MUNDANE SKILLS

List Mundane skills here

- Sewing
- Persuasive speaking
- Makes a mean Easy Bake Oven treat

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Artistic skill, 5

• Ability 2 and Points Spent: First Aid, 2

• Ability 1: Papyrokinesis
        Power Level: 9
        Strengths (what it does):
    - Can create golems and semi-golems (birds, Pippa-Michelle, etc.)
    - Can harden and sharpen it to cut even hard surfaces
    - Can send paper out in large swarms
    - Can will paper to shrink wrap itself around objects (and people)
        Weaknesses (what counters it):
    - Water
    - Fire
        Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character):
    - Paper creations lack advanced intelligence
    - Does not work well without use of her personal paper supply

• Ability 2: Healing
        Power Level: 5
    - Can blow out a bluish-purple, sparkling mist from her mouth which will settle on a wound, harden, and heal it
    - Keeping her mouth closed
    - Drains energy and strength, can only be used around 5 to 10 times before passing out
    - Cannot reattach limbs
    - Cannot fix long-term problems such as cancer or diabetes

• Ability 3: Magic Sensing
        Power Level: 2
    - Can intuitively sense supernaturals and supernatural presences
    - Can sense whether or not aforementioned presences are harmful, evil, etc.
    - Any ability to cloak one's self through some sort of supernatural means will hamper this; she can only sense those who are making no effort to conceal their true nature
    - Aside from gods, she is unlikely to know specifically what specific sort of supernatural she is sensing; ex: She will know you have magic in/on you, but not that you're a Blood Mage or a Witch

• Ability 4: Reflection travel
        Power Level: 3
    - The ability to enter her mother's Heaven and sanctuaries through any reflective surface, such as mirrors, water, glass, polished surfaces, etc. Once within, she can travel short distances to find openings to other reflections, traveling miles in mere minutes
    - Requires a clear reflection, no "fuzzy" or semi reflections will do
    MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS

List:

- Hammerspace pockets and bags: Pockets and several bags that are able to hold an impossibly high number of and sized tings. They only contain what has been previously put into them and cannot create objects at will.

- Papyrokinetic paper supply: An endless supply of paper, usually kept in her pockets, designed to respond with her magic. When removed from her pockets, it takes the form of a tear-out notepad.

- Magic art supplies: Various supplies that perform a number of whimsical tricks.

- Parachute umbrella: A resilient umbrella that can help her down from large heights cartoon-style.

- Blessed mirrors: Built into her closet, they specifically give her a link back to the Building with reflection travel.

EQUIPMENT

List:

- Mundane art supplies
- Cell phone

BACKGROUND

Education or Training:

Homeschooled with a high school education

Character Background/Biography:

Giovenith was born in a pocket dimension on December 8th, 1996 to the Creator Greater Being Pearlelei, the fourth of the Being's parthenogenic divine offspring and second daughter. She was brought to life to be the goddess of the rewards of victory (safety, culture, satisfaction, art, etc.) in the Triitetclo-Cloerith pantheon. Born with a physical body that aged at a normal rate and slowly developed power over time, Giovenith was raised both on earth and in her mother's Heaven, learning normal skills like reading and writing along with the etiquette needed to peacefully coexist with the other pantheons of the universe. Her childhood was wholesome, cozy, and loving.

At age 15 though, Giovenith found herself having to leave her family and home as her mother's assistance was needed in the recent flair up of the God War. She was assigned the task of hiding away with a whistle containing part of the Greater Being's essence to be used in the event that the latter's consciousness was scattered, a very important backup when facing against Devourer Greater Beings. She was given "the fog," an enchantment meant to induce eccentricity in order to protect her thoughts, and sent to Vafflehelm (the original city of PL). Almost immediately upon arrival she was hit by a truck, but her life was saved by the force of the whistle and she escaped the hospital soon after to live with the local alley cats, where she was discovered by Bones and Co. and offered a home at the Building. It took time to reveal her full nature and purpose for being there, but eventually Giovenith opened up (if in a somewhat confusing way) and informed her new friends of the God War her mother was participating in. Eventually Pearlelei gave the all clear to take back the whistle and remove the fog from her daughter, who was now welcome to come home, but Giovenith decided to stay with the community she had come to love.

Throughout her life at the Building, Giovenith has gone through many adventures and grown up a great deal along the way. She is learning from her elders what it may mean to be a god, helping her friends fight off destructive forces, and dealing with new adult experiences such as love. Personality-wise, Giovenith in notoriously sugar, spice, and everything nice, a happy and optimistic girl with childish streak and a desire to do good. She is an artist in all sorts of mediums from painting, to origami, to fashion, and there are very few aspects of her life she does not incorporate this into. She often comes across as eccentric but is generally fun to be around. That said she does have her moments, possessing a bit of a buried selfishness from her nature as a deity and not always understanding when she can't or shouldn't help someone. She has a paradoxical discomfort with being too grown-up too quickly while also deeply desiring to be a "classy lady" who is strong and comfortable with her adult feminity.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS

Personal bedroom in the clock apartment where she lives with Willow.

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
The nickname you go by on NS: Gio
Character Name: Giovenith
Image Link: http://img07.deviantart.net/4156/i/2016 ... agw2cw.png
Brief Description for Bio: The young daughter of a goddess of Creation.

#PLAPP

PERSONIFICATION LIFE

PLAYER INFORMATION
    NS nation nickname: Gio

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Advanced

How often can you post? Once a week, at the very least, unless for giant posts.

Character Name: Willow Streaks

Character Gender: Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Sapient pegasus-pony

Appearance: Willow stands at 3.5 feet from hooves to top of head (1.0668 meters, 10.5 hands) and weighs around 600 pounds (272.155 kilograms). His coat is dark grey, his eyes blue, and his mane and tail black. He sports something of a mop top, and when left unattended, his mane's bangs tend to obscure his eyes. Willow is considered very short and petite for a stallion of his age, described sometimes as a babyface or youthful/effeminate "pretty boy." He appears to subscribe to beatnik subculture, often wearing a black turtleneck and wristbands, and occasionally a beret. His cutie mark is a black and white star superimposed on dripping black paint splatters, shown here.

Voiced by Bill Lawrence, a la the leader of the Secret Board of Shadowy Figures; "Sorry to disturb you, but there's growing concern..." "Listen, we've all done things we're not proud of after a good cross country meet..."

URL to Character Picture, if any: Click

Character Occupation: Painter

Character's biggest strength: Loyalty/Drive to nurture. Despite outward cynicism, Willow harbors a deep and genuine need to care for his friends and loved ones, even if it's not immediately apparent at times. Because he knows what it's like to feel alone and powerless, he is compelled to make sure that others get what he always wanted during those times. He willing to stand up to daunting odds to protect and support his friends and others he thinks need him. His moral compass is very far in the white, to the point where he would probably pay exorbitant money to save a goldfish's life if he could (though he'd hate himself for it) just because he couldn't stand the thought of willingly allowing a helpless thing to die.

Character's worst flaw: Sensitivity. It applies in many ways to many emotions: When saddened it often weighs on him more than necessary, dipping into a deep-rooted sense of inadequacy and usually making him feel lonely and defective. He has a temper, his anger and frustration rarely making itself subtle, and is easily triggered by a handful of significant pet peeves (e.g. questioning the legitimacy of abstract art, adament belief in things he finds to be "superstitous nonsense"). As previously mentioned, he has a strong "traditional good" moral compass, meaning that he can be easily offended and closed-minded toward actions and attitudes that fall outside of his strict model of what is "good."

OBJECTIVES AND GOALS

Primary Objective: To decide on what balance, if any, to take in regards to his calling to assist in Demens' quest to defeat the Devourers versus trying to figure out and plan for his own future as a person pony. He can't simply abandon the human world and his reasons for being there, but there are certain roots it will be difficult to plant in Equestria (and can only be planted in Equestria) due to his obligations in the God War. Difficult sacrifices and compromises will have to be made in order to both stand by his friends in the upcoming war and lay the foundations for a life afterwards (assuming he even survives).

Minor Goals:
- Learn to handle the dark and blurry morality that is often found outside of his home dimension
- Assist and protect his friends, especially Giovenith
- Establish a more productive schedule for himself at the Building (get back into the art business, study possible advantages to take in the God War, etc.)

MUNDANE SKILLS

- Homemaking (cooking, cleaning, home decorating, etc.)
- Understanding of the movements, philosophies, histories, and various other facts of art (due to his profession)
- Exceptionally vast knowledge of the rules, strategies, history, and culture of a wide variety sports and athletics (due to his family background)

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Artistic skill, 5

• Ability 2 and Points Spent: Meteorological knowledge, 4

• Ability 1: Atmokinesis
    - Can physically interaction with clouds (push them, walk on them, lay on them, mold them, dissolve them with a kick)
    - Can pull loose water vapor from the air to form thin, whispy, minor clouds
    - Can cause clouds to rain, snow, hail, or produce thunder and lightning by striking them
    - Can create moderate winds upon will with flight, including making a small whirlwind by flying around in a circle
    - Has slightly increased durability in order to survive being flung in a storm
    - Rendered nearly useless if unable to fly. He could still manipulate clouds, but as he would need to be brought to them by something else, it would largely be more effort than it's worth
    - Cannot create full-blown storms on his own (requires the assistance of other pegasi)
    - As some of these abilities can be dangerous to bystanders, they typically cannot be used on a whim but require planning and distance

• Ability 2: Flight
        Power Level: 5
    - Can fly at around 50 - 60 mph
    - Can fly up to around 20,000 - 33,000 ft. without breathing complications
    - Can fly in most weather conditions / Waterproof wings
    - The typical counters to all avian-style flight: certain feathers must not be trimmed or misplaced, must be free of gunky substances, wings need to be able to sufficiently flap, etc.
    - Due to the presence of airplanes and other flying craft in the human world, opportunity to fly at great altitudes is limited

• Ability 3: Daemon Friend
    ???
    ???
    - Requires exposure to Rache.
    MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS

List:

- Saddlebag: A gift from Giovenith. One bag is normal, the other is a hammerspace. Usually contains nothing more than a sketchpad, journal, watercolors, colored pencils, a pillow, and a frying pan.

EQUIPMENT

List:

- Black turtleneck sweater
- Two black wristbands
- Black marker

BACKGROUND

Education or Training:

Flight School graduate (equivalent to a high school education, with a slant towards meteorology)

Character Background/Biography:

Willow Streaks was born on December 7th, 1994 to fiery tennis athlete Sapphire "Saphy" Striker and her sweet-tempered children's sports coach husband, Winning Streaks II, in Cloudsdale, Equestria. He is his parents' only child. Despite growing up in "jock culture," Willow was never very good at sports or other physical activities due to both his very small build and natural meekness. Though his parents were very accepting and supportive of anything their son wanted to pursue, they often signed him up for various different children's sports teams in a well-meaning attempt to help him find his fit and foster his self-image. But clumsy when under pressure, afraid of confrontation, and easily prone to crying, Willow failed at every single one even when trying his best, and the frequency of these failures and the bullying that resulted from them took a toll on his self-esteem. Willow spent much of his childhood feeling like a burden to others and inadequate, causing him to withdraw and develop an introverted, asocial personality.

In his time secluded from the world, Willow found a comfort in arts and crafts. Unlike the world of athletics, there were no rules or winning or losing, no necessity to have constant grit, and no need to improve to anyone's standards or pace but his own. It helped him purge his negative emotions and soothe himself with imagery that made him feel safe and happy, like colorful fishes swimming through cool blue water, or a colorful road leading to a far away place filled with alien beings to whom he was actually useful and capable. He was happiest when it was just him and his own imagination. One day during flight camp he was one of many witnesses to Rainbow Dash's first sonic rainboom, which caused a wave of excitement among the other children to earn their own cutie marks in fast flying. Not caring for fast flying but wanting to fit in, Willow joined a race but, being a weak flyer, crashed into a house painting sight and caused a mess. At first saddened by the trouble he caused, he was cheered up by seeing that the mess he created looked nice, and his cutie mark did appear - a mark for abstract painting.

With a life goal in focus, Willow slowly developed better confidence throughout his teens and early adulthood, his quiet meekness giving way to cynicism and fiery skepticism, though underneath it all he retains a sensitive and tender heart. He also honed his artistic abilities and by the time he was 14, his mother had used her athletic connections to secure him several sponsors and spots in upcoming elite art shows in order to kickstart a career far ahead of most beginners. Having made enough money from his first few shows to begin living independently, he graduated early at 15 and moved to Ponyville (three years prior to Twilight Sparkle). His art career took off and he soon made a name for himself outside of his mother's influence, eventually working his way up to make the Equestrian equivalent of around $77,000 a year off his art. He first met and befriended Sterling Venture at age 18 when the latter helped him out of a pile of snow during Winter Wrap-Up, and despite the two's seemingly opposite personalities, they quickly warmed up and eventually became best friends. One day, the two of them decided to put together a teleportation spell in one of Sterling's books only for a wayward chipmunk to botch the spell and send them tumbling into the human world where they were welcomed into the Building. Willow took up residence with godling and fellow artist Giovenith, and immediately began to investigate ways to return to Equestria, but has since found himself just as invested in his new life here at the Building as his old, especially upon learning of the imminent God War.

Personality-wise, Willow is a bona fide Jerk With A Heart Of Gold, often intially coming across as cynical, asocial, and a bit pretentious, but past that carries a sincere and strong desire to care for his friends, a passion for beauty, and a dedication to the goodly principles of ponykind. He is highly skeptical to a fault, immediately and intolerably dismissive towards anything he views as superstitous or impossible sometimes to the point of denying evidence in front of him, and can become very frustrated and caustic when confronted with something that doesn't make sense to him. He is a bit of a neat freak, and like most beatniks, has a love for jazz and coffee. He is patriotic towards Equestria, and like all ponies, worships the alicorn Princesses as gods, especially Celestia.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS

Personal bedroom in the clock apartment where he lives with Gio.

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
The nickname you go by on NS: Gio
Character Name: Willow Streaks
Image Link: http://img14.deviantart.net/f527/i/2016 ... ag25eq.png
Brief Description for Bio: A skeptical but artistic pegasus-pony.

she/her

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:41 pm

Alright, so how was that?

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Granis wrote:Alright, so how was that?

Great!

Well, except for the end. :p PL EPIC has a canonical way of arriving in-game. Where he wakes up and what he sees is... different, so please drop the end. Cer or one of the Co-OPs will post for his arrival. Other than that, it's a fine, fine introductory post.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Granis wrote:Alright, so how was that?

Great!

Well, except for the end. :p PL EPIC has a canonical way of arriving in-game. Where he wakes up and what he sees is... different, so please drop the end. Cer or one of the Co-OPs will post for his arrival. Other than that, it's a fine, fine introductory post.

Seconded.
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Great!

Seconded.

πd

circumference

SEMPER VIGILANS
mumblemumblemumble

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:54 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
Seconded.

πd

circumference

SEMPER VIGILANS

Translation: "I too give my approval to Northwest Slobovia's assessment of the post. Also, be sure to drink plenty of milk so that your bones might fossilize after death and be discovered by the future rabbitoid master race for scientific advancement."
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse