NATION

PASSWORD

Junior World Hit Festival 3 | Fauligekaikobu | IC THREAD

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Junior World Hit Festival 3 | Fauligekaikobu | IC THREAD

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:54 am

STERGO100 and VIISI VANHAA MAITOMIESTÁ xD PRESENT...

Pronunciation: FOW-leeg-uh ⦁ kye-KOH-boo

OOC Thread - Draft Thread

Contest Theme

plays immediately before the contest begins, with a projected video montage of various local scenes and natural landmarks, using time-lapse and helicopter/drone-style footage

Opening Act:

Hannes and No Friends - Excited

Tune: Tiësto ft. Matthew Koma - Wasted

Hannes, in urban street clothes (hoodie, skinny jeans and high tops) is bouncing about on a bed on stage, miraculously keeping his shoes off the bed. He seems extremely happy
We're so excited we can taste it
So happy that we're bouncing in our beds
Sure this stage looks kind of small, we'll be bouncing off the walls
But we're excited, can't you taste it

That grin is infectious
It's like a party goin' yeah yeah yeah yeah
We're gonna dance all through today, it doesn't matter what they say
Oh oo oh oo oh oo oh

He stops bouncing about and stands up in front of the bed, a bit more serious now.
Maybe our world's not friendly
Every day there's a fight
But we can end the fighting
So we can dance before we die
So we're gonna be all right

A quick smile, and then he's back to bouncing about on the bed
But we're excited, can't you taste it
Oh oo oh oo oh oo oh

He whips out what looks like the strange love child of a broom and a jet ski (a streamlined dirt bike with no wheels?) and straddles it. A projector plays footage of Fauligekaikobu streets around him
Cruising on my luuta1
With people from all the world
Call me a kilpa poika2
In this sweet Steinminato3 pearl
And we're gonna be all right

He stows the vehicle away and dances around the stage. To be honest he's bounding about to the beat of the music more than anything else
It's like a party goin' yeah yeah yeah yeah
We're gonna dance all through today, it doesn't matter what they say
We're excited, can't you taste it
Oh oo oh oo oh oo oh

He is now literally bouncing off the walls
Yeah we're excited, can't you taste it
Oh oo oh oo oh oo oh

Sweaty but grinning happily, he waves as the song ends

1 - a small personal aerial vehicle, similar in function to a motorcycle but less dangerous; literally "broom"
2 - "racer boy"
3 - a nickname for Fauligekaikobu, composed of Stein "stone/rock" and minato "harbor/port"

Kirsikka Blumenthal, a young actress starring in a wildly popular SterGo100 teen show, arrives on the stage wearing a voluminous skirt. She is greeted by a cheer from the home audience

She smiles a bit awkwardly for a second and then begins.

"Hello everyone and welcome to Junior World Hit Festival 3! I think we're all ready to start competing again after last edition- maybe someone will actually win!"

A quick tense awkward moment is experienced by various broadcasting executives

"So welcome back to Tödlichebujoku and welcome to Fauligekaikobu, where we just had Hannes and No Friends perform live for you- don't worry he's coming back during voting with Friends for his last Junior World Hit Fest song 'Papa Got Eaten By Hirvió'!"

The audience cheers- some of the international audience members are confused as to how that song even got entered into JWHF2 in the first place

"Of course, I'd like to say this is a pretty special edition- the first competitive Junior World Hit Fest since its debut, the first time a World Hit Fest has been hosted in a venue as, um, cozy as this, the first time Viisi Vanhaa Maitomiestá xD have hosted... hey, we might not even have a tie for first place this time!"

The members of the audience who have followed WHF for a while erupt into laughter

"Now I'm sure you're all waiting for me to get off the stage and for the contest to start, so I'll just say... Let the show begin! Go Roch and good luck to all!"

Everyone cheers, and random neighbors watching the show from the balcony (listening via transmission) clap, happy for her to finally shove off
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:02 am

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:04 am

01. Eeri
"Burning Heart" by Roadrunners
to the tune, Beds Are Burning by Midnight Oil

(♫♫ = Minor instrumental fill
♫♫♫♫ = Significant instrumental fill)

♫♫♫♫

Down on the river banks
our skirts hiked and our clothing changed
the dance floor lit where our eyes will meet
Heat of the night at 78 degrees

The night has come
it's time to dance
it's time to play
I'll pay my share

♫♫
Our time has come
I'll give you my heart
You'll give me yours
Then we'll give them back

♫♫♫

Dancing with you my world is turning
Hand in hand my heart is burning

♫♫
Late at night together we're here
hand in hand how can be so true?

♫♫♫♫

The beat of the music matches my heart
From Downtown East to South midtown
The night's passion burns so white hot
As my heart burns for you

The night has come
it's time to dance
it's time to play
i'll pay my share

Our time has come
I give you my your heart
I'll give you mine
Then we'll give them back

♫♫

♫♫
The time has come to say goodbye
Tomorrow dawns we say so long
The time has come, to say goodbye
Our hearts belonged with each other now we'll give them back

♫♫♫♫
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:05 am

Marisa Gottia is an 8 year old girl from the mountain region of Altann in Kalosia. She wishes to be a singer one day. Her older sister, Melissa, is 14 years old and also has a passion for music, even writing her own songs.
When RTVK announced that they were accepting entries for the 3rd Junior World Hit Festival, both girls were thrilled. As a teen, however, Melissa faced an increasingly busy schedule and found that it would be a struggle to both participate in JWHF and keep up with her regular workload. Marisa, meanwhile, still has a lot to learn when it comes to music theory, although she does have an excellent voice. The pair of siblings found that their perks and disadvantages completed each other, and Melissa agreed to write a song to be performed by Marisa.

The song was submitted and was one of the 8 songs chosen by a jury panel to be subject to online voting. The winner of the poll, held on the RTVK website, was to become the Kalosian entrant to the 3rd Junior World Hit Festival.
After two weeks, the results were announced and it was revealed that Marisa's "Life is a Musical" narrowly beat one of the favourites, a midtempo pop song performed by an established young teen singer roughly the same age as Melissa. Later on, Marisa was sent to Monterra 2 weeks before the contest to prepare, and then left for Fauligekaikobu a week later for rehearsals. And despite Melissa's tight schedule, she and their parents were given tickets to attend the show. In fact, all three of them got accredited passes — Melissa as the songwriter, and their parents as... well, their legal guardians.

Anyway, it was time to shine. Marisa was wearing her favourite dress and just stood at the center of the stage, mic in hand. The LED floor showed a pathway leading through a garden, and the background showed flowers and a night sky. It pretty much stayed that way for the whole performance. The song begins and Marisa sings.

Sëtë matinë, kadë ja švejot
Šut un orkestra di natur, ǧore di huori
E alorëm ja kantot
S’ežat un inizio buna
Per un ǧor këlo se long

Kadë ja promënot su lë ruki
Tuta lë monda dansamt a lë ritmë di’l vitë
Sentot komë Mary Poppins
Së’s un monda maǧika
Ur ja rialisero:

Life is a musical, musical
Kantal ten sentezi
Kadë sej kontë, kadë sej trištë
Farin triž fortë

Këlo muši aktë
Alorëm kez këlo farin?
Tu fal san lë monda
Lë vitë se un kanzonë

Ja në puvo vivë sans musika
Pirže së’s komë men sangu, cirkolë u me
Lë vitë se un kanzonë
Sej ten proprio ženër
Farël ten fliori florë

Kantal ten sentezi
Kadë sej kontë, kadë sej trištë
Farin triž fortë

Këlo muši aktë
Alorëm kez këlo farin?
Tu fal san lë monda
Lë vitë se un kanzonë

As the song ended, the audience cheered. Marisa said "Gretsi tuta!" and then left the stage for the next act.

This morning, when I woke up
There was an orchestra of nature playing outside
So I sang
It was a good start
To a day that is long

When I walked through the streets
Everyone was dancing to the rhythm of life
I felt like Mary Poppins
It’s a magical world
Now I realize:

Sing your feelings
When you’re happy, when you’re sad
You’ll become stronger

In which you must act
So who will you be?
Let the world know
Life is a song

I cannot live without music
Because it’s like my blood, it flows in me
Life is a song
You are your own genre
Make your flowers bloom

Sing your feelings
When you’re happy, when you’re sad
You’ll become stronger

In which you must act
So who will you be?
Let the world know
Life is a song
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:07 am

#03 BRITONISEA
Celeste Ferry (14) - "Oje'ne knageiß engot (It never rose again)"
Tune: Bríce a Bhríce - Zena Donnelly

Celeste Ferry once arrived in Fauligekaikobu

Celeste Ferry, a Britonish 14 year old, has won the spin-off show Mehlodhifehstivalhen: Kids as it picked Britonisea's second World Hit Festival act in the third ever contest held in Todlichebujoku. Celeste won with 72 points, 8 points clear from the 4-boy-team who served a fiery performance of "Vost (Us)" and was a fan favourite. Celeste Ferry amazed the Mehlodhifehstivalhen audience in Sports City national indoor arena where the audience was cut down to 1,000 people. It was expected that 16% of the total population of Britonisea was watching the channel which aired on BVC3. "I am so excited to sing this song!" Celeste said in her press interview, "I have never really sung in Old Britonish, so this is a great treat! I'm looking forward to going to Todlicheb, and enjoying the sights as well as meeting new people!" She praised.

"Oje'ne knageiß engot (It never rose again)" is about a girl who is quite grown up and is ready to discover the world. However, even though she may be 14 years of age, that does not mean that she doesn't need a bit of comfort. She finds that comfort within a teddy-bear that she lost when she was only a young child. Throughout this song, you will find her struggles and her achievements, and of course, the outcome of what happened.

The Performance

The audience started to applaud as she nervously walked on the stage. Though the outdoor arena was quite small, she did feel a bit uncomfortable. She walked forwards as the camera focused on her eyes. The song started playing and the audience calmed down. She had a sad expression on her face as she started to sing;

I've fallen in love once again,
But i've never felt this powerful feeling before.
Oh, a warmth within my heart,
I never want it to disappear.

The camera then went on a shot of the audience, who looked at Celeste confused but eager to see what was to happen next. She then smiled as she was going to sing the next part. The LED behind her was of a heart which was pink and blue, 50/50 with a green crack going in the middle of it. The camera then turned around from the audience and went over the girl's shoulder before going to the heart and then fading out on to her hand raised out towards the audience. She nodded her head as she began to feel the song spread through her body.

You've returned, you're right here in front of me.
Hug me, comfort me, show me you're here.

She was about to start singing in a language quite well known to the Junior World Hit Festival. She smiled and walked forwards as she was about sing. The song then progressed and so did the passion in Celeste's eye. She gripped the microphone harder and she started to sing the chorus. The camera then went from one end of the outdoor arena to the other side, passing Celeste face, and you could see her eye following the camera lens.

Vacarxe vhes seçen oceans (I've searched the seven seas)
Tairó fetchear vostr'iñe (I've tried to catch an us)
Vacarxe far'œ'near (I've searched far and wide)
Πfetchear, memorzarxe, glimmer uiy (And I've caught, I thought, a glimpse of you)
Cept binçear, waltzetie awau (Yet, I blink, you had ran away)
As I ran too, you were gone.
Cept carxe, vh'estraque sairai (As I cry, the sun had set)
Oje'ne knageiß engot till visdau (It never rose again until today)

After she had finish singing the first chorus, she felt much better and was sure to sing that song a bit better. The smiling audience started to clap along with the song. Having an outdoor arena meant you could not have gone crazy with the lighting as it would be ineffective. On the stage LED at the back, it was of three different spirals falling from the top of the screen before falling to the bottom and meeting other spirals which started to fade away.

I remember our moments,
I held you in my hand, and my heart too.
I'd follow you blindly,
And I would speak to you at night.
I know you, you'll be safe, and hold me dear.

As the camera moved away from the stage and looked elsewhere, one of the producers put a teddy bear on the edge of the stage which would be used later in the performance. She LED and the few lights on the stage were all a dull pink. Not a pink which was too bright, not a pink which was too hurtful to the eyes - but a nice pink. Celeste then walked over the left of the stage and interacted with a few people there when singing about how she remembered her moments, and then she walked over to the rights when she sang about how she would speak to it at night. She had returned to the centre as she began singing;

Vacarxe vhes seçen oceans (I've searched the seven seas)
Tairó fetchear vostr'iñe (I've tried to catch an us)
Πfetchear ine glimmer uiy (And I've caught a glimpse of you)
Cept binçear, waltzetie awau (Yet, I blink, you had ran away)
Cept carxe, vh'estraque sairai (As I cry, the sun had set)

Whilst she was singing the chorus, the camera swirled around her repetitively before zooming out over the crowd. As she sang about how the sun had set, a mobile camera came zooming on from the left side, the way that she turned and waited for the camera to come close to her. The camera started to circle around her, but she followed the camera lens. As she had finished singing the chorus, she then then raised her hand in their, one by one, in the air and swirled her hips around in a circle. The staging then suddenly changed for it to explode in pink, blue and yellow.

I've searched the seven seas,
I've tried to catch an us!
I've searched far and wide for you,
And I have caught, I thought, a glimpse of you.
But as I blinked, you ran away,
As I ran, you were gone.
And as I cried, the sun set.
It never rose again until today!

She then picked up a teddy-bear which was on the floor and started to hold it in the hand which did not have her microphone in it. She then sang the last part of the song with the teddy positioned to look at her.

"Thanks, Thank-you!" Celeste screamed at the top of her lungs away from the microphone.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:13 am

#04 Estogium
Stacey Dulip (15) - "Rodesirais Joxtarte"
Tune : Sofia Rol - "Planet Craves"

Stacey Dulip is a 15 year old Estogian girl from Darlington, the capital of Estogium. Stacey Dulip was internally picked to sing for Estogium in the Junior World Hit Festival. During the performance she is set to sing the song, "Rodesirais Joxtarte" which, in English, means "It Needs To Change" which is referring to how the world needs to change to stay afloat. Throughout the song, it will take you on a journey of her thoughts woven in to this beautiful song with minimalistic staging suited for this performance.

The song started to play and the camera slowly moved in to her face. She was stood behind a microphone which was standing on a stand. She wore a long white dress and she waited for her cue to begin singing.

Look around and the scenary,
There is no biodiversity.
Nature is now telling us,
The world is a cemetery.

She then smiled as the once black screens behind her turned in to a display with shots and timelapses of earth's natural habitat. The audience looked at the marvellous display as the screen brightened up the outdoor arena.

And even though we say,
We will stop.
Year by year, day by day,
The atmosphere fills with gas,
We may die out.

When she had sung about how "we might die out," the song took a different turn. Yellow and blue shone out of the lights that were available and the LCD screens turned from timelapses to going to some of the most dangerous places on earth, places where it would be a death sentence to go and explore there, but people are interested in these areas so go anyway.

Our country is now bleeding deep within,
O Helpearaist, çaus solo om meekelarest (I would like to help, but I am too weak)
Rodesirawai nootet (We need to stop)
Rodesirais joxtarte (It needs to change), For us
Our country is calling our name, hear it sing.
It wants to be set free, soar in the wind.

On the screens behind, there was a picture of a volcano erupting and as lava shot in to the atmosphere, the screens zoomed in. You could then see that red crystals were falling, but this was happening in real. Stacey Dulip raised her hands in the air to catch some of the red crystals before showing them to the audience.

I can't here the people marching, I can't here the people scribing.
I can't see the people willing to fight this fight along with me.
And even though we say,
We will stop.
Year by year, day by day,
The atmosphere fills with gas,
We may die out

As she began to sing the last part of the song, pyro sparklers shot up in to the sky in unison and carried on going until the end of the song. The camera would often cut back to view the whole stage before coming forwards before reaching Stacey's face.

Our region is now bleeding deep within,
We're polluting the Earth, now it's weeping.
Our country stands upon its last leg,
We're polluting it's grounds, what a mess humans led.
We need to stop it now,
The World needs to change....
For Us.

The audience started to applaud and some even got up. "Oh my gosh, thank you! Thank you for this opportunity!" Stacey said enthusiastically before bowing and then walking off the stage, smiling.

LET US CHANGE THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Thank you.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:14 am

SKANDEN
Sogno (Dream) - Maria Scaglietti

to the tune of Mzeo, by Mariam Mamadashvili

Maria Scaglietti is a 13 year old girl from the Italian-speaking region of Skanden. As such, her song will be performed in Italian.

On stage, she wears a white dress and the fog machines are used. The background depicts a sunrise that slowly progresses throughout the song. As the song begins, the background is dark, although a spotlight is kept on Maria on all times to make sure she is visible.

Io ricordo il giorno
Quando incontriamo
Era per le prima volta
E stava nevicando
Mi guardavi e sento

Things begin to lighten as the sun starts to become clearly visible.
È come il mio sogno
È d’un amore primo
Ti vedo nel mio sogno
Sto sognando di te

È il mio sogno
Del mio amore primo
Questo è il nostro sogno
Sto sognando di te

By now a portion of the sun is visible, the sky also starts to lighten.
Io ricordo la notte
Abbiamo parlato
Era per le prima volta
E stava nevicando
Quando guardavo, è…

Half of the sun is now visible as it keeps rising. The sky starts to turn blue.
Come un sogno
È d’un amore primo
Ti vedo nel mio sogno
Sto sognando di te

Come un sogno
Il mio sogno

The sun is almost visible, the sky is now mostly blue.
Mi guardavi e sento
Come il mio…

The sun is entirely visible for the first time, though it keeps rising.
Sogno!
Del mio amore primo
Questo è il nostro sogno
Sto sognando di te

(Come un sogno)
(Del mio amore primo)
Questo è il nostro sogno
Sto sognando di te

The sun is now at the top of the background screen, fully visible.
Sogno!

Maria says "Grazie tutti, tack, thank you!" and then leaves the stage for the next act.
I remember the day
When we met
It was for the first time
And it was snowing
You looked at me and I felt

Like my dream
Of first love
I see you in my dream
I’m dreaming of you

It’s my dream
Of my first love
This is our dream
I’m dreaming of you

I remember the night
We talked
It was for the first time
And it was snowing
When I looked, it was…

Like a dream
Of first love
I see you in my dream
I’m dreaming of you

Like a dream
My dream

You looked at me and I felt
Like my…

Dream!
Of my first love
This is our dream
I’m dreaming of you

(Like a dream)
(Of my first love)
This is our dream
I’m dreaming of you

Dream!
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:15 am

Chámelíyá
Khushí (Happy) - Noming Limbu
Archie, Marry Me - Alvvays

Amid a glut of rumours surrounding a much hoped for Chámelíyálí return to the World Hit Festival, the national broadcaster, Chámelíyá Rediyo Televijan, had discreetly launched a nationwide song competition for children describing the winner as a 'national youth song'. The winner was Noming Limbu, a secondary school student from the northern lakeside city of Nehá. Described as a love song dedicated to youth,Khushí (Happy)'s arrangement had been changed from its original iteration as a piano ballad to an upbeat lake rock (Nehá's unique response to the surf rock style) anthem, for which Noming had learnt specially how to play the guitar. During the official television broadcast to celebrate its release, CháReTe announced (to the delight of hundreds of thousands of enthusiasts across Chámelíyá) that the song was in fact the debut Chámelíyálí entry for the Junior World Hit Festival as a forerunner to its return to the main competition.
The opening strums hum over the amphitheatre as blue and light green lights shine from the back of the stage illuminate the silhouette of Noming as the stage remains darks with the screens turned off. Members of the audience look around as they hear the sweet twitter of birds emanating from the speakers and a soft spotlight turns on as the opening notes progress revealing Noming strumming a semi-accoustic guitar in a delicate blue summer dress. She smiles shyly at the camera before stepping up to the microphone stand.

Jasaire surya garam hunchha hami báhira jánchhau'
When the sun is hot we go outside

Harek din hámí bhet’nuhunchhauñ, harek din ramáílo
Every day we meet, every day is fun

Sadak ra khet má hámí kelchhauñ, hám’láí alchhi lágdeñna
In the streets and fields we play, we don’t get bored

Hámí nihshulka chhauñ kohí paní ádesh dideñna
We’re free, no one tells us what to do

Noming takes a short sharp breath as she drifts easily into the chorus. The lights intensify making the amphitheatre glow in the twilight. Behind Noming long, narrow sheets of blue and turqouise cloth are laid across the back of the stage.

Khushí!
Happy!

Yo din sakindaina
This day doesn’t end

Hámí
We

Sadhaiñbhari báñchna
Live forever

The lights fade a little, giving relief to the eyes of the spectators. On stage, Noming is visibly more confident and she begins swaying naturally and happily to the flow of the song. Behind her, wind machines activate causing the azure material to float, ripple and sway appearing as if they are the gentle waves of Helá Tál (Lake Helá) lapping gingerly on the shores of Nehá, Noming's hometown.

When the sun goes down it’s not the end, we look up at the stars
We just talk and laugh, we’re the kings and the queens, the whole world is ours
There’s a magic when the moonlit streets are quiet and empty
‘Cos when we’re alone together we can dance and sing with glee

The lights intensify again as Nehá launches into the second chorus. She steps gaily from side to side, dancing effortlessly trying hard not to smile too hard to the words she penned herself just months ago now being broadcast across the world.

Happy!
These days get better
Memories
We keep forever

Noming steps away from the microphone stand and walks to the front of the stage, licking the nascent rift expertly on her guitar. She steps around the edge of the stage pausing here and there relishing the opportunity to glance at the admiring audience gazing up to her. As the rift fades she returns to the microphone stand and the lights transition from blue to brilliant white as her crisp, clear voice fills the amphitheatre.

They say it won’t last
They’re just “teenage dreams”
But that was their past
This is the real thing

The lights flood the arena with turquoise light as the chorus drops as Noming reaches the songs climax. Letting her guitar hang by its straps, Noming prizes the microphone the stand and steps to the front of the stage once more, dancing freely and innocently, waving her hand with fluid, floating motions.

Khushí!
Happy!

Yo din sakindaina
This day doesn’t end

Hámí
We

Sadhaiñbhari báñchna
Live forever

From along the perimeter of the stage and the aisles of the amphitheatre, white and blue balloons are released into the open air as the lights swivel around bathing the auditorium with light. Noming beams into the faces of her audience, savouring her last moments of her performance, smiling and dancing giddily.

Happy!
These days get better
Memories
We keep forever

The lights fade out except for a single bright white spotlight on Noming. She clutches her microphone and guitar gingerly and stutters charmingly, "Thank you Fauligekaikobu! Thank you everybody!"
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:20 am

Ungestaren, consists of (from left to right) Mia age 10, Andi age 13, Zara age 11, Niko age 10 and Jorge age 11. Ungestaren were formed especially for the Junior World Hit Festival. The group, as individuals currently star in a children's television sitcom 'Bordade' on STE Junior, which focuses on the day to day struggles of living in a boarding school. The song 'Vi alla är een' was written by Andars Johansen and Ingo Manserlorsson.

Ungerstaren stand in two rows, three at the front and two in the gaps behind. The and music start. As the beat kicks in, all the group members begin a fast and upbeat choreographed dance.

Vi singa, vi alla är een
(We sing, we are all one)
vår tid har bå borjat
(Our time has just begun)
och sprida frede för alla
(and spread peace to everyone)

Vi singa, vi alla är een
vår tid har bå borjat

Om vi alla båra komma, vi kaan vara mycket starkare, leva tillsammans i harmoni
(If we all come together, we can be much stronger, live in harmony)
Vi singa, vi alla är een
vår tid har bå borjat

Vi alla är een,
(We all are one)
Vi alla är een, woah (Vi alla är een, hej!)
(We all are one, woah)
Vi alla är een,
(We all are one)
Vi alla är een, woah
(We all are one)

The group start in an army formation with their hands saluting and all of the members are marching on the spot.

Today's the day,
When we come together for the good, good, good.
Making sure that all our message is understood-stood-stood,
On our paths to global peace,
To bring the world together; all of the love we will release,

So join us on our journey as we as move around,
one hundred miles an hour we will walk the ground,
We all can come together and we all can live as one.

Vi singa, vi alla är een
vår tid har bå borjat

Vi singa, vi alla är een
vår tid har bå borjat

Vi singa, vi alla är een
vår tid har bå borjat

Vi alla är een,
(We all are one)
(We all are one, woah)
Vi alla är een,
(We all are one)
Vi alla är een, woah
(We all are one)

As the music softens, so does the lighting. The camera zooms in on the group as they sing into the camera.

So join us on our journey as we as move around,
one hundred miles an hour we will walk the ground,
We all can come together and we all can live as one.

As the music begins to grow, the group move around the stage clapping and encouraging the audience to stand up and dance. As the beat kicks in, the group get into formation and repeat their choreography. As the beat kicks in, a blast of pyrotechnics light up the stage.

Vi singa, vi alla är een
vår tid har bå borjat

Vi singa, vi alla är een
vår tid har bå borjat

Vi singa, vi alla är een
vår tid har bå borjat

Vi alla är een,
(We all are one)
(We all are one, woah)
Vi alla är een,
(We all are one)
Vi alla är een, woah
(We all are one)
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:21 am

08. IZMEDU
Melanija Duvnjak - Obećanje

"I've always been inspired by my parents and the people I see... But the ones I want to thank the most are my parents. I hope that what I do tonight will make them proud of me, because being here means a lot to me... Because I know it means a lot to them." - Melanija Duvnjak

Melanija, before her performance slot, stared at the beautiful urban scenery that consisted of Fauligekaikobu. She applauded as the previous nation, Kalosia, had performed with Marisa having put on quite the performance. Melanija, seeing this, felt an odd kind of nervousness bubble up inside of her as she had an intimate view of the Kalosian entry, only serving to remind her that yes, it was almost time. As the Izmeduan postcard played in preparation, Melanija could feel her arm being gently squeezed by her Mother, and at this she smiled. Despite the pressure on the 12 year old's shoulders with the JWHF not occurring frequently, she knew she had her support system there with her.

Melanija Duvnjak is a 12 year old child singer who hails from the city of Vodiznad. Similarly to her predecessor, Edita Stojic, Melanija was often hailed as a prodigal child singer due to a stunning voice and the ability to sound wise her years. However, as Vodiznad was an intensely arts-concentrated city, Melanija's talents alone weren't enough to keep her on the spotlight for a long period of time, but it was certainly enough for some talent scouts to have her name on their lists. However, Melanija's parents preferred their daughter to stay out of the limelight, but Melanija was allowed to continue to pursue music in her own volition. And that she did, with Melanija taking on guitar and piano at age 9 and reaching a reasonable skill level with both instruments. Her main focus was songwriting, however.

Melanija's demos in songwriting was how she got noticed by RTI just in time for the Junior World Hit Festival. "Obećanje” was a project that was built as a songwriting exercise for Melanija, namely the theme of being thankful in which she received much inspiration from Anamarija Lubina's entry to the adult World Hit Festival. Eventually, the song turned into a tribute to her parents when every word she wrote, she always thought about the sacrifices that each of them made for her to be able to pursue music without worrying about the consequences. There were always instruments ready for her in the house, always an opportunity for her to practice. She was even fortunate enough to have had the chance to attend and observe a rather prestigious master class after her singing talents were discovered (in that case, it was more of an opportunity to meet a famed singer rather than learn, but Melanija does know bits and pieces).

How the song found itself in RTI's hands involved a chance meeting with a talent scout and some timing. As RTI were beginning to open submissions for the junior contest. Melanija knew that she was in the suitable age range to submit a song, but she thought to keep her songwriting to herself until a talent scout, along with some involvement from her Mother, managed to convince her to record a demo of the song and submit to RTI. Fortune smiled upon the 12 year old singer, and Melanija was chosen as the Izmeduan entrant to JWHF3. As the Izmeduan postcard ended, Melanija looked back to her Mother... The nerves were at their peak at this rate, but Melanija was enveloped in an embrace.

“No matter what happens tonight, moja kćer. I'll always be proud of you. Volim te, Melanija,” with a kiss and a long hug, Melanija had to wipe away a tear as she prepared herself for the performance.

Stage lights billowed down to the center of the intimate stage as Melanija stood at the center. After a few seconds of silence, a soft rumble came through the stage, heralding the official start of the Izmeduan start. The stage was completely darkened until a soft spotlight was trained on Melanija, with the camera broadcast now black and white revealing her to be standing behind microphone stand as well as wearing this clothing ensemble. As the song started with vocals, she began to sing...

Jedan dai ja sjedih slangojen (One day, I sat alone)
Gledam sunce i moja inamianta (Watching the sun and my memories)
Proći pokraj i abrasutu me (Pass by and surround me)
Sada, ti budeš u moj mišljenje (Now, you're in my mind)

The camera made a soft revolution around Melanija during the verse, making sure to emphasize wide shots as smoke began to be gently unfurled on the stage, surrounding and dancing around her. During the verse, black and white animated mini-videos began to play on the screens behind her, showing home videos of Melanija playing with her parents as well as intimate family moments such as her being surprised by a birthday cake, which then culminated into a white screen that the camera imposed her face on. The instrumentation was soft, and suitably her vocals and movements were, subtle yet in the direction of yearning for her parents.

Pričali smo, redroli smo, puno (We talked, we laughed, all the time)
Iznenada postao si tako malegr (Suddenly you became so sad)
Samo želim te biti alegr (I just want you to be happy)
Jer misliš ti golemo da mene (Because you mean the world to me)

She looked directly to the camera as she finished off the downtown verse, with her facial expressions conveying the feeling of latent sadness of the verse's latter half. At some lines, she looked down, looking almost on the verge of tears before quickly regaining her strength. The background screens still maintained their white colors, though the lights were beginning to converse upon Melanija.

Želim te znati da je (I want you to know that I)
Da volim te, važniji svit (I love you, more than the world)
I nedostaješ vaš smišak (I miss your smile)
Dakle, obećajem tebi (So, I promise to you)
Ja ću podržati svaki (I will uphold every)
Zavit i palaura (Pledge and word)

At the brief gap between the verse and the chorus, there was a few moments silence where the venue went dark, before a row of lights began to shine as Melanija's voice radiated throughout the venue to the soft first chorus. The camera decided to focus on more wider shots, panning to the left to catch a stray ray reflecing on the lens, causing a flash on broadcast. At every line where Melanija would address a 'you,' the camera would focus on backshots of her pointing at someone in the audience, with the lights shining off her figure creating a haunting aura. At the final line, the camera made a close up of her smiling face, zooming in slightly as the song went silent...

Jedan dai ja sjedih slangojen (One day, I sat alone)
Vidio sam alegreća u tvoje cre (I saw happiness in your heart)
Tvoje oči sjajite u sunca (Your eyes gleaming in the sun)
Možda, samo možda, ti si slobodno (Maybe, just maybe, you are free)
Možemo biti zajedno opet (We can be together again)
Vaš smišak osjesenta više izvoran (Your smile feels more genuine)
Imam povjerenje u tvoju snagu (I have faith in your strength)
Hoćemo goniti naši snovi (We will chase our dreams)

The camera broadcast changed from black to white to color as the camera angles began to get more dynamic for the second verse. The lights in the Fauligekaikobu Ampitheater began to shine a bright yellow as an artistic image of two young kids being together appeared on the screen, with them 'acting' out the lyrics as soon as Melanija sang them. The child reflecting who Melanija was singing to was smiling at the first half of the verse, and the camera switched to occasional side views of Melanija and the stage both in view. The drawing was in a blue color palette, complementing the yellow colors present in the Ampitheater.

Melanija's vocals were also far more resonant and stronger during the second verse, as well as her movements even though she remained stationary behind the microphone. Her movements were impassioned, with her getting into the music and looking directly into the audience's eyes as her eyes began to reflect the growing intensity of emotion. After some close-ups at the second half of this verse, the camera switched to a wide view, preparing for the chorus.

Želim te znati da je (I want you to know that I)
Da volim te, važniji svit (I love you, more than the world)
I nedostaješ vaš smišak (I miss your smile)

The images on the screen then transformed into colorful, physical representations of each lyric as she sang them with a stronger and more impassioned vocal from the earlier refrain. The camera began to take more wider shots this time around to show those images, with the lights also dancing around. Ending once again with a close-up.

I hope you're proud of me
Because I know I owe my strength to your love
Vam je dao me habramna (You gave me the courage)
Biti najbolja ozoba mogu (To be the best person I can be)
I hope I kept that promise
Moj jedan obećanje (My one promise)
Dati te alegreća (To bring you happiness)

With a switch to English temporarily, Melanija unleashed her most passionate vocals for this bridge, unleashing a belt when she sang 'ozoba mogu,' not letting up until the end of the bridge. The lights turned from yellow to blue as the images on the screen then returned back to what were presented at the first verse, which were home video footage professionally interspresed with moments that Melanija and her parents shot for the performance (such as her playing in a playground, etc.)

One day, I sat alone
Ste stajali, ponos i alegr (You stood there, proud and happy)

At the first three lines, she still carried the intense vocal from the bridge, then letting up after 'zavit I palaura.' This caused the Ampitheater to darken for a moment, before the camera returned to a close up image of Melanija, with her smiling to the camera with only one light on. She sang those last two lines with an expression as if someone had given her a life-changing gift, one that exceeded monetary value.

At the song's end, Melanija blew a kiss to the crowd.

“Volim te! I love you Todlichebujoku! Hvala lipa!” She said to the cheering crowd, before walking backstage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:24 am

09. _Tödlichebujoku_

Coconut Palm Trees
Smaidakámmenyen

Roch Madeira

Roch Madeira is a native of Rotlichtchiku who rocketed into fame with his co-star Kirsikka Blumenthal, playing "an awkward jock in an otherwise stereotypically perfect world" with Kirsikka as his "wildly popular best friend". His interest in music, coupled with his success in the SterGo100 show, allowed him to amass a dedicated fan base that followed him on every tour, and now to the 3rd Junior World Hit Festival. He's found his niche in finding happiness in creation and performance, and just wants to have a good time on stage.

Roch is dressed entirely in white with his hands behind his back, standing in a large, inch/~3 cm deep vat of rippling water that shimmers in the deep orange light, flanked by large potted palm trees and tropical plants. A video of a tropical beach is projected on the back wall
Aurinko
the sun

Kagayakimasu輝きます hell
is shining bright

Se on heiß,
it's hot,

Ya schön ulkopuolella
and beautiful outside

He brings a bouquet of jasmine, gardenia, and various white orchids from behind his back and makes an inviting gesture toward the audience
Miná o kagu, kagu, kagu, kagu, no ga sukiをかぐのが好き kukkia
I like to smell, smell, smell the flowers

Voimme frei sein
we can be free

Hashiru走る ya sakebu 叫ぶ
run and shout

He puts some of the flowers in his hair and scatters the rest of them over the audience. As he sings, he really focuses on the audience
Shinjuru信じる vain
just believe

Unsere huolet naiない táállá
our troubles are gone

Se on Ordnung
it's okay

Pelko kizutsukenai傷つけない meitá
fear won't hurt us

As he sings the next lines, he holds out his hand and cocks his head just a bit, and with just enough of a hint of a welcoming smile
Láhdetáán raibu, raibu, raibuライブ posukische elámáá
let's go live, live, live the tropical life

Hold on to me
Together we'll be flying free

The stage lights explode into brilliance, illuminating the various tropical plants that now erupt into vibrance. A pair of shirtless background dancers slide in behind Roch, one on either side. They begin slow dance movements to the beat of the music as he sings the chorus
Let's go and dance in the water, with coconut, coconut, coconut palm trees
Dance in the water, with coconut, coconut, coconut palm trees
Coconut, coconut, coconut palm trees

During the dance break, the performers (including Roch) stomp, whirl, and dance about in the water making plenty of splashes. The dancers slide off as Roch sings the next verses. The lights dim to faint twinkling lights, with Roch lit as if by moonlight
Siná ya miná
you and I

Odoru踊る yöhön asti
dance until the night

Táhdet yöllá
the stars in the night

Kagayaku輝く niin glücklich
shine so happily

He looks to the audience with earnest desire
Voit olla, olla, olla, olla, mein ainoa kumppani
you can be, be, be, my only partner

Voimme olla eins
we can be one

Kunnes taivas ochiru落ちる
until the sky falls

With tones of concern, he continues. The lights become an array of pastels that barely illuminate the stage. Teen fangirls and fanboys are drawn into his soft gaze
Oletko ängstlich?
are you scared?

Luulet ettá mina hihan批判?
do you think that I will judge?

Te mieru見える, yhtá
you look, as

Herrlich kuin nákymá
glorious as the view

As he sings the next line, he emphasizes "frei" and stomps in the water, then, just before the chorus, beckons to the audience as if inviting them to come along
Kehosi wa fehler, fehler, fehlerFREI kuin voi olla
your body is fault, fault, fault-FREE as can be

Come on and see
And try to catch me if you can

The lights brighten again and the dancers return. They, along with Roch, energize their movements
Let's go and dance in the sunshine, with coconut, coconut, coconut palm trees
Dance in the sunshine, with coconut, coconut, coconut palm trees
Dance in the sunshine, with coconut, coconut, coconut palm trees

A girl and a boy who had won a fan contest to join Roch are pulled onto the stage and join him. They are a bit out of sync with the rest of the dancers but are having fun nonetheless
Let's go and dance in the water, with coconut, coconut, coconut palm trees

Everyone keeps dancing till the lights fade with the music

Roch shouts, "Kiitos kaikille! Thank you everyone!", bows with the rest of the performers and exits the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:26 am

10 Image Mercedini

Meia Dobrani - #ComeTogether
Tune: ALVA - Arrows

The song starts with Meia standing in the centre of a darkened stage wearing and flowing white dress and white flats. She is accompanied by two young female backing singers (one standing either side of her). The LED screen behind her shows the image of a starry night, the lights around the stage flicker in time with the music.

Sto splende lumina
Sentirsi vivina
Quando ci uniamo
Accendiamo la notta

Prend'mia mano
questa sera, saremo uno
unire il mundo
Cogliere l'occasione

I'm shining bright
Feeling (so) alive
When we join
We light (up the) night

take (my) hand
tonight, we'll be one
unite the world
(let's) take the chance

Meia takes a step forward in time with the music as she sings the lines to her song. The camera at the back of the small arena circles around the back, encompassing the stage, the audience and the rest of the city. Meia offers her hand to the camera before the song bursts into life for the beginning of the chorus.

c'è speranza per noi
per in mondo unito
il dolore fine
per tutti noi

there's hope for us
for a united world
(let's) end pain
for all of us

The stage illuminates in all white as the chorus kicks in, a wind machine is turned on which blows the hair and the dress of the Mercedinian. The camera does a series of sweeping shots to show the whole performance, with the backing singers winging their arms in-sync with the music. Meia offers her hand to the camera once again to finish the end of the chorus.

We should come together 'gether 'gether
Open your heart, open your heart
If we come together 'gether 'gether
We'll light the spark, we'll light the spark

And all this pain, we can reset it
'cause if we join, we won't regret it
We'll light the spark. we'll light the spark

The LED screen and floor return back to the image of a starry night and Meia returns to singing the first verse of the song. The white lights around the stadium flicker in time with the music once again, for the second half of the verse, Meia turns her back on the audience to face the camera behind her, she smiles into it while the audience waves their flags in the background. The Mercedinian contingency is rather noticeable as they are all dressed in black and blue and they are waving their flags more frantically than the rest of the audience. She turns back to face the audience to sing the next chorus.

Lo stande finale
Per salvarci
Guardami negli occhi
È il modo più semplice per cambiare

Mi fa male il cuore
Per in cambiamento
Guardo verso cielo
Signore, mi danno speranza

the final stand
to save us
look in my eyes
its the easiest way to change

my heart aches
for a change
I look (to the) sky
lord, give me hope

The stage illuminates in white once again and silver stars twinkle in the background, the wind machine is turned on again and blows Meia's hair and dress, she moves to the edge of the stage to sing into the audience, she smiles as she catches a glimpse of the Mercedinian contingency. She puts her hand over her heart and sings with passion as she finishes the second chorus.

We'll light the spark. we'll light the spark

Meia kneels down and the wind effects form a mini-whirlwind which she is in the centre of. Meia doesn't sing this part, however the backing singers combine to sing this part for effect. The camera moves to the back of the stadium which sweeps along the back, taking in the whole performance. The stage then bursts into life for the chorus.

Non importa come
Non importa quantro ci arriviamo

no matter how
no matter how we get there

Meia then stands back up for the final chorus of the song, the LED screen then turns into a diamond aesthetic which rays of light flashing off the screen and illuminating the stage. Meia opens up her body language and spreads her arms wide to finish the song strongly. The backing singers take their microphones off their stand and walk to toward Meia in the centre of the stage. All three of them smile into the camera as Meia sings the final lines of the song.

The three performers all take a rehearsed bow before they all hug each other in delight "Thank You ToBu, Grazije!" Meia then waves to the Mercedinian contingency who give a cheer to their singer. She waves to the rest of the crowd and walks off-stage to make way for the next act.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:26 am

11.Darkmania

Änna Kisdemin - Fred I Mitt Land

Änna Kisdemin is a 12 year old performer who has been seleced to peform Darkmanias first ever norwegian song, with "Fred I Mitt Land" (Tranlated as "Peace In My Land"). She wrote the song as a anti-war song as one of her friends`s home country is in a state of civil war (Syria). It has to be noticed that the lyrics mencends war, but acording to Annä, "I just want to share my anti-war stant as war is nothing more than senclles live wasted for nothig".

(Performance: 1 performer, 2 violinists, 3 backup-singer)

The song begins with a camera shot flying across the venue while the backup sings the opening lines.
(Haja... ha haja... haja...)
(Det skal være fred i mitt land)

Annä is now reviled in an black dress that is in shreeds, but only from the legs. The back-up and the violinsts are dressed in white.
Ødelegelse, det gir oss et rus
Grønne jord, den er nå blitt rød
Bli med meg, la oss legge alt i grus
Fordi freden, den er død

Haja... ha haja... haja...
Det skal være fred i mitt land
Haja... ha hajaja... haja...
Legg vekk dine våpen

Krig, ja den dreper deg
Krig er ut. Det legger at i nød
Bli med meg, la alt gå opp i ild
Fordi freden, den er død

Legg vekk dine våpen

Hør på meg. Vi vil ha fred
Legg vekk våpen og vær venner

Violin-solo!
Legg vekk dine våpen

A giant flag showing the the peace emblem is shown as the flag is held by a one of the back up singer. Annä thanks the audience!

"Tusen Takk, alle sammen! Leve lenge fred!", Annä says while there are many camera shots of the audience waving the flags to the compeding nations, including Darkmania.

(Translate for dialog= Thank You. Long live peace!)

(Haja... ha haja... haja...)
(There is gonna be peace in my land)

Destruction, that give us a rush
Green fields, it is now red.
Join with me, let us lay everything in gravel
Because the peace is dead

There is gonna be peace in my land
Lay down your firearms

War, yes it kills you
War is out! It lay all in need
Join with me, let all go up in flames
Because the peace is dead

Lay down your firearms

Lisen to me. We want peace
Lay down your guns and be friends

Lay down your firearms

Note: I know it references war, and is singing about war is not fun, especially when a child does it. But, as of 2017, there is still wars. then you should be thinking of lives lost due to senseless fighting. Civilians life matter!
-Darkmania

早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:27 am

Voting

Kirsikka returns to the stage, with her dress golden instead of white, because why not

"Wow, what a show we've had tonight! All of the performers have done an incredible job- give a round of applause to them all!"

Much applause happens

"So now, if you're watching at home, the instructions for voting are either popping up right now or will be covered in a moment. If you're here, you have them with you. Voting is open and the countdown before it closes starts... now."

A flurry of activity

"And without further ado, we have Hannes back with his Friends for a rendition of 'Papa Got Eaten by Hirvió'!"

VOTING INSTRUCTIONS

Please telegram your top 5 entries to Todlichebujoku, with your favorite receiving 5 points and your least favorite of the five receiving 1 point, along with a picture of your spokesperson and any dialogue or RP.

Interval Act

Hannes and Friends - Papa Got Eaten by Hirvió
Tune: Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer

Key:
Toivo
Friends
Both
Hirvió = "monster", the very imaginative name for the monster
Isi = Papa's husband

Hannes (15) and Friends (mixed genders, ages 7-8), are sitting in a semicircle facing the audience, with Hannes in the middle. They are all wearing modest white clothes- Hannes and his male Friends are wearing white suits, and his female Friends are wearing nice white dresses. Hannes begins strumming his guitar, continuing until the end
Papa got eaten by Hirvió
Chopping wood to warm our house last night
Isi says there is no real Hirvió
But no one else was there with him that night

He looks sad, but not as much as one would expect; maybe he hasn't fully internalized it? Meanwhile, large shadows roam the wall behind him
Papa always was my best friend (best friend?)
And I thought he'd be okay (please stay!)
But Hirvió likes the darkness
And maybe Papa walked too far away (no..)

His face really falls at this point
Papa didn't come for night-night
Isi called for him, but no
We had to wait for morning
And then we saw the red spots in the snow (*gasp*)

His voice strengthens in the chorus
Papa got eaten by Hirvió

He looks down to one of the boys, and then to one of the girls
I'm so proud of little Toivo (so proud)
He and Aamu are okay (okay!)
They haven't lived that long with Papa (who?)
I wish he could be there when they play

A mildly desperate expression appears on his face
We don't go outside at night now
We beg our Isi not to go
And I don't know what to do now (do what?)
Hold my Papa close or let him go (we don't know!)

Hannes tears up a little, maybe with a faint sniffle, then moves on
Papa got eaten by Hirvió

He tries to lighten up, and the shadows disappear
Now Isi's got us fed
We're doing very well (yay!)
The sunshine has some color
If only Papa could have seen us now

One indistinct shadow returns, looming
I will always think of Papa
All those days of fun are gone
I tell my friends about Hirvió
Who took away those strong arms round my back (oh!)

Looking shaken, Hannes continues
Papa got eaten by Hirvió

He stands up and shouts
Leave, Hirvió!

His Friends rise and sing
Papa got eaten by Hirvió

The Friends shout
(Leave, Hirvió!)

Hannes and his Friends bow and leave the stage as Kirsikka returns with the votes
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Chameliya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chameliya » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:57 am

Junior World Hit Festival
live with Seutí Shárma

Hello everyone! Swagatam! It's Seutí Shárma once again commentating for the multiverse's favourite competitive cultural event, the World Hit Festival - this time a special edition youth version! Tonight we have talented children representing a whopping 11 nations including our very own Noming Limbu who will be performing sixth. At the behest of my producer In the spirit of tonight's junior special I'll be dispensing with our customary alcoholic beverage and instead will be accompanied by this refreshing bottle of reindeer milk, the drink of choice for the responsible Tödlichebujoki.

So tonight we're coming to you live from the city Fauligekaikobu - a city which by Tödlichebujoki standards would be considered quite small but is for this third (and now competitive) edition Junior World Hit Festival playing host. Now, I have a little confession to make; one of my favourite things about commentating at the World Hit Festival is the opportutnity to travel to more developed nations and I'm glad to say Tödlichebujoku has not disappointed. It really is a technological paradise (something of which you'll be able to get a fuller glimpse of in the opening act) - I mean, my hotel room even has a bidet which I can asure all the viewers at home I have been making comprehensive use of.

Speaking of technical innovation, you may have noticed that our venue for tonight is a little on the cosy side. The Fauligekaikobu Amphitheatre normally seats 330 but thanks to that world-renowned Tödlichebujoki ingenuity, the engineers have managed to maximise capcity here to an astounding 500 viewers! Of course, there's always a trade-off with these things and it appears that commentary booths were considered a frivolity that had to be axed. Nevertheless, Chámelíyá Rediyo Televijan is proud to supplement your viewing with commentary directly from Row J Seat 54!

We are now just minutes away from the start of the show. I'm sure the attentive viewers at home are looking forward to the following spectacle as much as I am, especially with Chámelíyá's upcoming return to the World Hit Festival. Consider tonight as the teaser for what is to come (which hopefully includes another string of victories and podium-position results. Okay, so the theme tune is fading out and the lights are going out, looks like this is it!
Opening Act

Well that was Hannes sans his associates. Don't worry though, I've been reliably informed he has at least an hour or two to find someone to accompany him for the interval act. And all joking aside, his opening seems to have been very warmly received by the audience here tonight (certainly the young Kalosian lady sat next to me was very appreciative - an enthusisast?). Okay, it appears this is the portion of the show reserved for awkward scripted jokes. Our fair hostess for tonight is Kirsikka Blumenthal who my notes here say is one of Tödlichebujoku's most popular teen stars. Bless her, someone has to be. Okay, it appears we're about to start - first up is Eeri!

01 Eeri

Alright! Eeri's kicked off the show with a steady rock number. A brave choice perhaps considering the WHF's inclination to pop but a well executed first act. And my producer's just handed me a note recommending any of the viewers at home experiencing persistent Heart Burning to ask for to ask your local pharmacist for an antacid or to seek medical attention. Next up it's that veteran of WHF, Kalosia.

02 Kalosia

Well that was so lovely I'm loathe to make any snide comments. Life Is A Musical was actually a family effort and was written by dear Marisa's sister Melissa. A beautifully written and performed song by an artistic duo that surely has a lot of promise for the future. Following Kalosia is Britonisea.

03 Britonisea

Another stirring performance - Celeste really has her stage presence down to a tee. The teddy bear however was perhaps a mistep, I'm sure plenty of phone calls will be made at BVC3 tomorrow. Interestingly, JWHF will receive 16% of the viewer share in Britonisea tonight - whether that's a statement on the quality of Britonish programming or the support Celeste has in her home country, I don't know. Now we move on to Estogium.

04 Estogium

Well the audience are certainly responding well to Comrade Dulip's manifesto. If a lasting political movement isn't the legacy of this song competition then what pray else will be? The Internationale unites the human race! It's not long now until Chámelíyá's turn but first we have Skanden.

05 Skanden

Now, this isn't a comment on the calibre of Maria's performance - by all means it was a strong entry - but I can't help but get the feeling that this string of ballads we've had to open may mean that some will get left behind come voting. A shame really as each on has merit on their own but that is the luck of the draw, I suppose, or even, lack thereof. But now, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, is the moment I know you've all been waiting for; good luck Noming, we know you can do it for Chámelíyá!

06 Chámelíyá

Well, I don't want to tempt fate but I think that was pretty wellr received by the audience here in the amphitheatre - hopefully it will be in the homes of the televiewers around the multiverse as well. It's so lovely to hear Chámelíyálí on the world stage as well. What will come of this, we'll have to wait and see but if one thing's for sure it's that Noming has done us all proud. Following up now is a series of World Hit Festival stalwarts, the first of which is Ekoz.

07 Ekoz

Now that is what I call a pure crowdpleaser. The audience were loving that in spite of it's rather creepy military-inspired coreography. Sure, the message is good but don't the optics of these things count as well. Even so, I'm sure that'll do well in the voting. Next up is Izmedu who incidentally are the current reigning champions and host of the next adult World Hit Festival. The Izmeduan delegation are certainly in an extremely good mood.

08 Izmedu

Goddamn, that is how you do it! Izmedu once again hitting the World Hit Festival ball out of the goddamn park! They're unstoppable, they're a machine! You heard it hear first, folks, I think we may have just seen JWHF's first winner. At their current rate, Izmedu are going to steamroll this whole institution - thank God, Chámelíyá is back to put things to amend. Okay, the crowds are getting really excited now and no wonder, it's the hosts - Tödlichebojuku!

09 Tödlichebujoku

Well it's undeniable that Tödlichebujoku is a more liberal place than Chámelíyá but surely having shirtless dancers at a children's singing competition is a little ... out of place? Doesn't it contravene some kind of child safety law? I just want the performers to be protected. Nonetheless, the home crowd are big fans of Roch, especially the younger spectators, and it's gone down a treat here. We're very nearly at the end of the performances now and the next country performing is Mercedini.

10 Mercedini

The quality of entries this year has been extremely high and this is no exception although I do wonder if it will be missed amongst the more high energy songs when people vote. This competition is a strategical nightmare I tell you. You can have the perfect combination of song, singer and performance but the wrong position in the running order can scupper all your hopes, not that that should happen to Mercedini. Well, we've reached our final act so keep your bladders clenched for a few minutes more and then you will have my permission to leave. Our closing act tonight comes courtesy of Darkmania.

11 Darkmania

My producer tells me leve lenge fred means long live peace. We're not sure if that's a dig at the other entries or a self-derogatroy joke now that the songs have finished or whether it's a political statement. Either way it means that we have come to the end of the multiverse's musical offerings and it is time for the gods, ie. you to decide which act has won your favour.

Interval Act

Hello, looks it's our old friend Kirsikka to tell you at home that the voting lines are open. And now here comes Hannes with his 'friends' who appear to have been kidnapped from the local kindergarten. Now I had the pleasure of watching the interval act in rehearsal so if you want to take this opportunity to go to the toilet, grab some refreshments or just switch over to CháReTe2 for the next five minutes then you have my blessing.
Last edited by Chameliya on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chámelíyá Adhirájya | Kingdom of Chameliya
Om Mani Padme Húñ | Hail to the Jewel in the Lotus

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Britonisea » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:55 am

BVC 3
Live Coverage of the 3rd Junior World Hit Festival in Fauligekaikobu, Todlichebujoku with your host Tess Phillipa

"Hello, welcome to the 3rd Junior World Hit Festival in Todlichebujoku! I am your host Tess Phillipa and I will take you through today's events. 11 nations are participating in the Junior World Hit Festival including that of Estogium and Britonisea both singing songs which contain a bit of Old Britonish Latin in it, so that's quite exciting. The Junior World Hit Festival will pave the way for people whom are younger to one day be on the big stage - where they will win and look back at this moment ever so dearly. The Opening Song is about to start, so, in this small outdoor arena, let's get started for a spectacular taster of what is to come in Izmedu in a couple of weeks time for the milestone edition, 30th."

1. Eeri

"Yeah, I didn't like that. Can I just say, I am going to speak about these acts as if they were adults because they surely act like it when they are on the stage. This song just goes no where interesting. Them lot on stage aren't doing anything either! Not a great start to the Junior World Hit Festival! Maybe, they will be better in the adult World Hit, if they join it! Next up we have Kalosia, let's see what they will be giving us!"

2. Kalosia

"Another quite boring song. I understand the kids aren't supposed to have songs that are amazing because they're kids. But I expected things a bit more jumpy and fun and colourful. The songs we just heard were not that. The lyrics, whether you understood them, were alright. Anyway, next up we have Britonisea! She was the one who won Mehlodhifestivalhen Kids, it's Celeste!"

3. Britonisea

"See. In my opinion, this is a well produced song which is actually for kids. Unlike the previous songs, this is quite bubblegum, and that's a good thing. I really hope she does well tonight and I only think it's fair if she does well. If she flops like recent World Hit acts - who actually nay deserve it - then I think it's time to reconsider the World Hit Festival. Next up is Estogium, our neighbours to the North West!"

4. Estogium

"Oh, hello. This song is quite grown up for her to be singing it. I have no idea why Todlichebujoku decided to put these two songs together. Both songs have chorus' in Old Britonish and I don't think it was wise to put them next to each other. Just because they will cancel out. I really liked the song, I preferred the staging a lot more than the song itself. Estogium done itself good. Let's hope it gets higher than their World Hit best of 4th place, aye?"

5. Skanden

"What a boring song. The only thing I liked about that song was the introduction, the final few moments and when the fans applauded. Another quite boring song with Eeri and Kalosia. Todlichebujoku put us in the middle of these entries! Ah, Jesus! Anyway, next up is Chameliya. They won the adult version a number of times, so I am hoping for something big. If not, then I am just quitting."

6. Chámelíyá

*Loud sigh* "Okay. At least there was better staging than the other boring songs. We are at song six, and I am not too happy with what we have been offered yet. This song is, I can go along with it. I just don't see this winning. But at least its not about the winning, its about expressing young talent. We have Ekoz coming up next."

7. Ekoz

"Yeah, this is better! It's very interesting - fast! I like it! ALong with our entries, this is the best entry. I just enjoyed it okay? I think it could do well! I don't have anything else to say other than Izmedu is next!"

8. Izmedu

"I like this song, not going to lie. Oh please though, not another World Hit win. This song is great, but I do prefer Ekoz's song! This, like all of the other songs, are slow and makes me want to sleep! Eventhough I like our own entries, they were just girls singing! Izmedu, it's nice. Next up is Todlichebujoku! The host seeming placed at a secure 9th...hmm..."

9. Tödlichebujoku

"He is so cute! But no. The song was boring. I just didn't go anywhere. Of course the crowd, or rather the group of people who arrived, went crazy, but it just not...huh. Let's just move on. It's Mercedini next. I kinda have a headache now."

10. Mercedini

"I like it! It's fun and it sounds expensive. The performance was quite good as well. I can see Mercedini winning this whole thing! Let's not jinx it though! Come on Mercedini! But, we have one more entry...Darkmania! Can they do this?"

11. Darkmania

"This song is way too grown up, the song not the lyrics, for it to be considered as a Junior World Hit Festival song. "

"Ugh, it's finished now right? The whole competition? The problem of this competition is the songs. They do not match up to Junior songs. And plus, this is just a boring bunch. I don't know who's gonna win to be honest. I will be making my way back to Britonisea now. Tarrah!"
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Darkmania » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Commentary
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Eeri
Minister

Founded: Feb 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Eeri » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:34 pm

"Good evening to those at home in Eeri, I'm Alice Helena for Wolf Entertainment,"

"And I'm Jay Jackson for WOLF and we're reporting live from the wonderful city of Fauligekaikobu as we continue our coverage for the Junior World Hit Festival."

"And what a show it's been so far, Jay I mean you can hear the crowds just going at it non stop as every performance just seems to top the last, we have a group of amazingly wonderful talented bunch of kids here all performing their hearts out all looking to make their friends and family in their homes proud."

"And Eeri too has had their moment to shine as we just had Roadrunners perform here tonight, Alice you took a few moments to talk to them."

"I did Jay and what a charismatic group of individuals they are, they were excited and nervous but they went up and performed for all the world to see, if that was me I think I'd be quaking in my boots. You know they are the only other group act here tonight."

"The only one, really?"

"That's right you had the country of Normandy & Picardy offering up four talented kids as well. Now Jay should we talk about the performances we've had so far?"

"Sure thing, we can already comment on our home nation heroes Roadrunners of Eeri as they went up gave a rock performance. A cute love song about kids having fun in the evening and young love."

"I talked to the song's writer, Mayzee Lawrence who also did the vocals and bass on the song she told me she based it from real experiences she had. You know after the heated election with much rhetoric about Independent South Eeri and the relations we have with them it's good to hear something so upbeat and positive. Now this is a contest mostly known for pop so going with a rock song is a very unusual choice"

"Very unusual do you think that will help them stick out a bit more and catch the ears of the judges?"

"Sure is possible going against the grain is really a double edged sword where it can either hurt or help in the long run."

"That is true. Let's talk about Änna Kisdemin from Darkmania performing Fred I Mitt Land, a foreign language song with a strong melody to catch the ears of any non speaker to listen carefully. We have an English translation and what a very heavy subject matter for a little girl like that to be talking about but so very courageous of her, I think she has a strong chance."

"Absolutely I mean I hope not just for the serious subject matter which shows maturity but just for her very strong vocal performance what passion and energy not to mention a very great arrangement. Now let's talk about #ComeTogether by Meia Dobrani from Mercedini"

"Another serious song"

"Serious probably not as heavy as Fred I Mitt Land with a bright melody to it some very nice backing vocals. Coming together is a great concept to sing about I mean there is that stigma teenagers don't care about what's around them but I think that's unfair so it's great when teens can tackle some serious subjects like this."

"I agree a very upbeat song sure to win over hearts of listeners."

"Oje'ne knageiß engot (It never rose again)" by Celeste Ferry Britonisea and this is more what we do expect with youth oriented songs, it's a love song."

"Well I think our girls can rest a little easy knowing someone else wanted to sing about love."

"Aha right, very solid performance by her very good song I mean a great transition of English and what I assume is her native language. Oh I'm being told Old Britonish and her first time singing in this language!"

"First time, wow!?"

"I can only imagine how much practice that would have taken. Can I tell a personal story real quick? Before becoming a journalist I studied music and I had to learn a song in another language and perform it and that was me at 24 I can only imagine what this little girl must have been thinking or desiring to do when she chose an older language to perform in so my credit to her."

"That is impressive good for her. Up next we have Sogno or Dream by Maria Scaglietti of Skanden I must say this sounds like a show tune, something you'd hear in a musical or old theater."

"So impressive I mean the way she could hold many of those elongated notes once again not easy even for me in my 20s that was hard this girl must have trained and worked to do that at her age, wow just wow."

"This is a song a little off the beaten path wouldn't you think?"

"It is, we've had a lot of heavy synth pop and just as you said this is more like a show tune more grandiose this one again will stand out with the judges and I think for good reasons because of the great performance."

"Very unusual is Coconut Palm Trees by Smaidakámmenyen Todlichebujoku this one is a rather toe tapper if you ask me"

"Sure is I rather liked it though not sure the style is for me personally but no doubt he gave a great show and I saw how the audiences really got into it so I think he has a charm to him that won't be beat. Okay up next we have Chámelíyá Khushí (Happy) - Noming Limbu it's a song that really evokes being carefree and having fun and who can aruge with that?"

"Don't think any of us can."

"What I find interesting is the story behind the song it was described as a love song dedicated to youth, Khushí's arrangement had been changed from its original piano ballad form to to an upbeat lake rock"

"It has a sort of surf rock vibe to it, what we would see out of South Eeri no doubt."

"Absolutely so to go from piano to rock there we have it there's another rock song here that must have been a challenge to work on."

"Let's take a listen to the contestants from Ekoz and the upbeat tempo the age of the group I see this as being a youth song that will really catch on. We've seen that in Eeri before I got a good feeling this is another that will transcend borders."

"We had another group that really bounced between their native language and into English and again like a few of the others here trying to deliver a positive message. I hope the messages will be reached through the foreign language when these songs hit our neck of the woods."

"Life is a Musical by Marisa Gottia perhaps the youngest contestant here tonight. And for so young she has a voice behind her some real natural talent here or a lot of amazing practice probably a combo of both. I love the lyrics it just expresses a real love and joy of music and singing which I'm sure all of these kids have"

"I was moved myself she gave a really charming performance. This song was also on the slower side compared to the many uptempo songs we've had."

"You're right it was and it's a perfect choice for a very expressive song for this."

"All right let's talk about Stacey Dulip from Estogium with her song Rodesirais Joxtarte. A lot of social commentary songs"

"Way more than I think either of us were expecting. It's a good melody to invoke the seriousness behind the lyrics and her performance is fantastic here. She really gave it her all and gave a fond farewell message as she exited the stage. But I love when she would hold her notes on This Planet Craves"

"With so much social commentary songs do you think some of these young artists will get lost in the shuffle here?"

"That's hard to say, if anything I'm a little worried the folks who went with more upbeat songs will largely get shut out for picking not very serious topics to sing about compared to their peers. It shows a great maturity of them they can pick such serious things to sing about and I hope that the judges don't think less of the upbeat songs because I think it shows another side of maturity that children, especially adolescences can be happy and optimistic and enjoy the life they're living. There's always issues about teen stress, peer pressure, drug abuse, underage pregnancy and those are not to be ignored but I think it's equally good that there are teens who feel good and can make others feel good too."

"Very sensible away of looking at it."

"Last but not least Melanija Duvnjak from Izmedu with her song, Obećanje. I'm-I'm speechless I'm in tears of how amazing and beautiful it was. So passionate so sweet looking at the lyric sheets it's all wonderful"

"I'm at a loss for words too I mean she really has some passion into her voice and has a heart of gold with the lyrics she picked."

"You know backstage after finishing my latest beat coverage I caught her ready to go on there she was standing with her mother having a great moment just makes me think and hope all the performers have that same good moral support standing with them or at least able to reach from near or far away. I think getting that just before you go one, it's a shot of courage."

"Well overall I think we agree we have a wonderful batch of terrific kids with real talent. From our own home in Eeri and all over the world who gathered here tonight to play and perform for the love of what they do"

"I wish them all so much luck I think they're all gonna go places. Here only one will probably win a grand prize but they're all going to win if music is what they're passionate about they're going to get plenty attention. I wouldn't be surprised if our bosses over at WOLF Media are firing up contracts and deals to get this music domestically and I got a feeling many record companies are as well."

"All right that will do it for our coverage tonight, stay tuned but there is one group we left out because as we mentioned already you had your own backstage exclusive."

"That's right for other JWHF fans out there see our interview with our own homegrown talent on our website wolfmedia.co.ee learn about a fantastic group of young ladies who also I'm sure are wishing luck to their fellow contestants tonight and have been just as moved."

"Good night everybody."
Last edited by Eeri on Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:10 am

Voting Results

Kirsikka returns to the stage, now wearing a heavily rhinestone-bedecked version of her opening act dress. "Alright everyone, you only have less than a minute to vote. If you haven't already, please do so now!"

About a minute passes

"Okay! World.."

- suddenly her voice booms with the might of a hundred thundering gods, shaking the very foundations of the amphitheater, followed by a great thunderclap -

"STOP. VOTING. NOW."

Kirsikka looks extremely unsettled at this unexpected change in her voice. The two co-founders of Viisi Vanhaa Maitomiestá xD can be seen snickering in their seats, apparently having donned ear plugs. A man faintly chanting over a variety of smoldering herbs is escorted from the venue.

Her voice back to normal, Kirsikka continues, though still quite very rattled

"I, um, yeah.. so anyway, uh, we'll present the votes in the current World Hit Fest format, with the first four votes of each nation presented, followed by the top 5 points.. Well it looks like our first nation to vote is Britonisea! Hello!"
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:32 am

BRITONISEA 1/11

Keyleigh Beacham, actor since childhood, currently 20

"Hello, y'all! I am here to speak to you guys about the votes. The Britonish Jury has voted and this is how they voted..."

"Thanks and good luck!"
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:53 pm

DARKMANIA 2/11

Këtrine DeDirme, child actor

Hi! I'm Këtrine and here is how Darkmania voted.

And that's the Darkmanian vote. I only has to say one thing. “Lenge Leve Fred!” Thank you.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:27 pm

KALOSIA 3/11

Laura Korsikanë, JWHF2 entrant

Buna sirë tuta! Mi apelo Laura...* and here are the results of the Kalosian vote!

*("Good evening everyone, my name is Laura", a reference to the opening lines of her song, Ǧardinajë)
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 pm

SKANDEN 4/11

<error>

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 pm

ESTOGIUM 5/11

Jed Medley, child actor

"Hello Junior World Hit Festival, here are the Jury Votes from Estogium!"

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:45 pm

CHÁMELÍYÁ 6/11

Jarína Ráí, 16, singer-songwriter and writer of the official song for the Chámelíyálí Year of the Girl campaign

"Syá Maínání! Hello Tödlichebujoku, good evening to the world! It's been so exciting watching everyone vote to night - regardless of the tallies tonight, you're all winners! So here is the Chámelíyálí vote."

早晨!ToBu for short.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates