NATION

PASSWORD

The Colonization of Great Perlton (CFOR Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Colonization of Great Perlton (CFOR Only)

Postby The Recon Empire » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:15 am

Great Perlton Isles was discovered in 2017 by the Regional Exploration Fleet, led by Reconian Admiral Simon Bolivar Jr.. The large island, approximately the size of Madagascar, is situated east of Hundredstar, at a tropical area, uninhabited. Except for key geographical features, much of the island is unnamed. A mountainous region in general, it has a volcano located at the center.

The REF has established a port city of New Turrensia on the island named Aerin Island, for administrative purposes, but has offered the Imperial Government to allow sovereign nations of the Crown Federation of Recon to colonize the area.

Participating CFOR nations can feel free to name any geographical features on the map (including the miniscule islands and rivers) as the story progresses (when your troops reach and explore), and construct cities along the way. Aircraft surveillance of the island is allowed but cannot be the basis for naming undiscovered land.

Main geographical features include:

Perlton Island - the main island.
It has two peninsulas: Bencos Peninsula and Meross Peninsula, as well as three gulfs, Bencos Bay, Wartz Gulf and Gulf of Neven
Perland Island - a lesser island

The picturesque coast of the Bencos Bay
(Courtesy of MCPO Alex Passer)
Last edited by The Recon Empire on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Semolia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Semolia » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:22 pm

The United Kingdom will send 5 ships with 3,000 personnel in Bencos Peninsula and Gulf, as well as Wartz Gulf and after establishment of stations there will march to the vulcano.

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Military Advancement

Postby Dou Boux » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:37 am

-
Last edited by Dou Boux on Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:40 am

IRU Sets Eyes on Perlton Isles
Tuesday, 7 February 2017

PORT IMPERIAL: The Supreme Government of Imperial Rotal Union issued a press statement on Tuesday evening signfiying its intention in establishing new settlements on the newlt discovered land of Perlton Isles.

Cabinet Press Secretary Aaron Chevitz reiterated that while the prospecting of new lands were meant to be peaceful, Imperial Royal Union cannot afford to sacrifice strategic lands easily and must therefore be prepared to defend it. As such, the Imperialean National Armed Forces has reportedly dispatched the 27th Motorised Division along with Naval Force 003 to ‘secure’ Imperialean interests on the islands.

Also announced were plans to develop an economic city comprising of one of the region’s largest container ports, if not the largest, as well as state-of-the-art infrastructure coupled with high-tech housing areas and heavily-modernised industrial and commercial zones. Plans for the economic city would be drafted once geologists, land surveyors and urban planners from the Urban Redevelopment Authority ascertain the feasibility of the project. Chevitz said that such staff were already on the flight to New Turrensia and will be transported to the main island once it is safe to do so.

There have also been corporate insiders who claim that the Imperialean government will accelerate development of such a highly-urbanised project by releasing tenders to the international business and governing communities.

The Estates-General is also expected to discuss the developments of such an economic city tomorrow in its weekly Wednesday sittings.
HIM Government
THE SECOND ATHEISTIC EMPIRE OF IMPERIAL ROYAL UNION
www.imperialroyalunion.gov.iru
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:51 am

Great Perlton
10 February 2017

The forces dispatched by the Imperialean National Armed Forces had arrived punctually at their destination. Landing at the southernmost tip of Great Perlton, which was named Hawk's Gate after a pair of rocks resembling the structure of a gate with hawks perched on it, the 27th Motorised Division began to setup base around the area.

On the aircraft carrier of Naval Force 003, pairs of aircraft had taken off carrying acoustic ranging and sonar equipment, which were later dropped in the waters around Great Perlton. Onboard the ship, equipment and sensors processed the data, which was then transmitted to land surveyors in New Turrensia. After a few hours of intensive studying of the data, a conclusion was reached that the waters in Wartz Gulf and the Gulf of Neven were too shallow for economic use, and as a result a detachment of the 27th Motorised Division was sent to the Meross Peninsula to guard the land and the surrounding waters, which were of suitable depth for a container port.

The information gathered was also sent back home to be further processed. The Urban Redevelopment Authority was given priority with the information, and would then begin their drafting of plans for the design and construction of the new container port at Meross Peninsula. In the meantime, the Intelligence Service of Imperialia had also begun collecting its secret dossier of information regarding any hidden locals, if any, as well as other nations who were having an interest in Great Perlton.
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Semolia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Semolia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:50 am

'Sir, RSS Lexicon, RSS Braux, RSS Naius, RSS Oclenberg and RSS San Este are anchored near the coast and and around 3,000 personnel left ships with auxiliary boats, due water depth. Some personnel staid with the ships. We would request readiness of one of aircraft carriers in case there can be some incidents. Sea is beautiful, whole coast is like in dream. Light blue sea and untouched nature inspired in us to further explore island, one of my soldiers said to me. I report to Command that we proceed and as we shored in Bencos Bay, Bencos Peninsula. Four ships will proceed towards inner bay and shore to the central part of the bay and proceed to the high mountains we call 'Eiannttos', because mountain is rich with the ice water. (eiann-water on Semolian).' - said Ghao Iser, general of the mission.
'Here Command, we are happy to hear about your moves. Be sure that we will inform public about these islands and we are sure that investors will be very happy about this Islands. We urge you not to kill or attack any civilian on that islands, be polite to them and explain them that we want best for them. In case they attack you, you have approval to defend yourself. We order to establish six bases: One on the south-west coast of the Warz Gulf, one on the north coast of the Warz Gulf, one on the south coast of the Bencos Bay, one on the north coast of Bencos Bay, one on the Bencos Peninsula, and one on the top of Eiannttos. We send you in annex, map. We'll send reinforcements and we approved using of RSS San Nicolleo aircraft carrier. Also, we request often briefs about islands and pictures. We underline, importance of enclosure of areas bordered with red. You must provide closure for any breach so we can in soon time proclaim as official borders.' - CENTCOM.

Semolia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Semolia » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:24 am

The Bencos Bay seems beautiful tropical island from the far. The first picture Semolian soldiers took: Image 1.

'Here is GPCOM. Further beyond tropical woods settled by the animals are magical. Walking little more from the jungle you can find one part that is isolated of the jungle. It's one major place, undeveloped where home people live. There's not much of them, around 50. They speak with totally different language, we communicate with our hands. Some of our soldiers started to learn their language: we call it Perloesse and they call it Perleziko. They say that more people is on the other side, our of territory under our control. We proceeded to Eianntos and they are beautiful, very cold. We are impressed by that that in one moment you are in tropical island and in the other moment you are getting heavily cold. We took picture of Eianntos from foothill. We as well took and placed flag of the United Kingdom on the top of the Mountain we called 'San Saíthra'. Rivers are beautiful, we are amazed with confluence of Qircco, Pais, Sao-Ces and Faina Image 2. As well we are impressed by the confluence of Alddo and Tainagho in Bencos Bay Image 3. This island is beautiful. We meet some home people and they are very friendly. We took pictures of some of theirs boats in the gulf we called Farel: Image 5. The region is totally stable, we built our camps and delivered units on all areas. We perform aerial and naval observation of our borders. We expect the coming of industrial delegation.

More pictures: Image 6, Image 7, Bencos Peninsula from NH90, Soldier, Sea Patrol, Air Patrol, Soldiers going to the top 'San Saíthra'. End of message'

'Here CENTCOM. We got message. We will perform steps in order to fully integrate that part of Great Perlton Islands in our territory. We order constant observation of all borders and protection of them. We command to all units to be on standby. Be friendly towards home people, but be cautious as well. Wait for next orders. We got confirmation from Federal Government that they will assemble special governmental body that will deal specially with colonization and development of Great Perlton. End of message.'
Last edited by Semolia on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:30 am

Office of The Minster, Department of Colonial Affairs, Los Bouxiana, Dou Boux: 08h20

Brigadier Michael Phillips sat back in the immaculate leather seat of his Rolls-Royce limousine. In the driver’s seat his chauffer, Conrad, slowly and effortlessly steered the vehicle bearing the Dou Bouxian flag through the gates of the Santa Pedro House, the headquarters of The Minister of Colonial Affairs. Although his father, General Sir David Phillips was close friends with Brigadier-General Sir Ferdinand Montrose, he didn’t realise meetings with the minister, who, as he had known him since childhood, still treated him like a little boy, rather than a man.

As the car came to a halt, Michael sighed and thought to himself, why does he want to see me? What does he want? Conrad, sensing his boss’s tension said calmly, “Is everything alright Sir?” Michael sighed once again and said, “I am worried, Conrad. The Minister is friends with my father, but I have never got on with him; and now he wants to see me on ‘official government business’.” Michael knew he could confide in Conrad, who had been his chauffer and friend ever since he was a little boy. Conrad turned to his boss and said, “Sir, if I may give my advice – take each thing as it comes. Be courteous and formal to The Minister, but nothing more if you feel uncomfortable doing so. You don’t have to be nice to him. Just consider what he has to say, you don’t have to say yes; and remember, don’t lose your composure.” Michael smiled and said, “Thank you Conrad. You know me so well, and you always know what to say. Well, here goes.” “Good luck Sir. When shall I pick you up?” “I’ll get the Minister’s secretary to page you once we are finished.”

A footman resplendent in midnight blue and gold livery opened the door of the Rolls and Phillip alighted from the vehicle onto the cobble-stones that up the drive of Santa Pedro House. “This way, Sir”, said the footman, and led him in through double oak doors into a beautifully paneled hallway. As they made their way up the stairs, passing offices on either side as they went, they were met by Cliff Ashton, the private secretary of Sir Ferdinand Montrose. "Good morning, Brigadier,", he said as he shook Michaels hand, "please follow me. Sir Ferdinand will see you now."
They made their way into the waiting room outside the office of the Minister. Ashton, sat down at his desk. Suddenly the phone beeped. Ashton picked it up and said, "I'll show him in now Sir."

He then gestured that Michael should follow him, and then knocked on the office door. A stern voice said, "Come", and Ashton opened the door. He gestured to the Brigadier and said, "Brigadier Phillips, Sir". As he said this, the Brigadier studied the man behind the desk; he looked exactly the same as Michael remembered him, just older and greyer. The medals on his dress uniform glistened in the sunlight. "Thank you, Ashton," he said, "you may leave us."

Ashton bowed, closed the door and left.

"Sir," said Michael, shaking the Minister's hand, "good to see you again. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Good to see you again, Michael, I mean Brigadier," said the Minister, quickly changing his mind, "I called you here on a matter of urgent government business."

"What might that be?"

"The Great Perlton Isles."

"The Perlton Isles," said the Brigadier, looking perplexed, "what could we possibly want there?"

"Well," said the Minister, "His Imperial Majesty has given orders that Dou Boux should establish interests in the area -"

He points to a map of The Isles, more specifically to Perland Island.

"- more specifically on Perland Island. Our sources say that it is rich in oil and other precious minerals and its has the potential for a thriving agricultural industry. There are several tribes on the island, which are yet to be identified. But they seem peaceful, and open to Dou Bouxian rule."

"That's all well and good, but what do you want with me?"

"I want you to lead on expedition to colonize the island for Dou Boux. If you are successful, I could ensure that you are made a high-ranking colonial official, maybe even Governor."

"I would be delighted to Sir," said the Brigadier barely able to contain his excitement, "it promises to be the adventure of a lifetime. When do I leave? How many troops do I have at my disposal?"

"Calm down," said the Minister, gesturing with his hands to show that the Brigadier should calm himself, "the 12th Royal Air Squadron, the 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th Royal Navy Fleets, as well as 20 000 Infantry, 2 000 Artillery, and 300 Scouts are at your disposal. We need you to leave within the next couple of hours. Everything is already prepared. The ships are down at the Harbour, stocked and ready to go."

"Very well Sir, may I be excused to go and prepare?"

"Yes," said the Minister saluting him, "and thank you Brigadier for the service you are doing your country."

With that the Brigadier bowed and left.

A few minutes later...

"How did it go Sir?" said Conrad as the Brigadier got back into the car, "what did he want?"

"We," said the Brigadier, "are off to Perland Island..."
Last edited by Dou Boux on Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Recon Empire » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 am

OP: We need time to travel there, Dou Boux.

Recon's fleets are based off Hundredstar, which is closer to Perlton.

Imperial Royal Union's fleets are travelling and Semolia's as well.

Dou Boux will reach after the 3 nations'. However, we will be waiting for other nations to participate as well.

It is unlikely that Dou Boux can cover that area in such a short time, but the plan has been laid.

Self-editing the territories is not useful in the RP, as it is not considered part of the canon, so players are advised against.
Last edited by The Recon Empire on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Recon Empire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Recon Empire » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:29 am

As the Reconian delegation visited New Turrensia and met with the Federal Maritime Service Perlton Bureau, the fleets have continued northbound, to reach the mouth of Great Perlton and Perland Island soon.

En route to the mouth of Perlton Channel

Major-General Constance Davis, CO RRAF Perlton and 19th Division, stepped out from the deck of the RES Richard Lyneham Aircraft Carrier with Rear Admiral Richard Snyder, Commander, Richard Lyneham CBG, discussing strategic plans for the initial entry.

"General D'Argon stated in our meeting that the RRAF's long-term objective is to secure the mouth of the Perlton Channel as our main target, and blocking access to northern Perlton. As such, our fleets need to reach there first, and form a naval blockade, with the division splitting into two sectors, colonizing a portion of each island."

"Sure thing, I'll get the fleet blockading the channel until the engineers built a port. Current surveys state the port to be of slightly wider than a kilometre, shouldn't be a problem stopping access above, with our cruisers parked there. If anything, the Richard Lyneham can provide support."

Just then, a Staff Sergeant brought a secure telephone line to MG Davis, "Ma'am, it's Major-General Warren Warwick, Commander of RRAF Dou Boux."

With a snobbish atlantic accent, "Hello General Davis, congratulations on your new assignment. I trust you've been well? I've been hearing some news about Dou Bouxian advances to Perlton Isles from my little camp here in Lionsgate. Looks like they're sending a brigade or more out to Perlton. Wonder if they know the size of our assets there? I hear from EQTCOM that our beloved Lyneham Carrier is sent there, along with an entire division? Looks like General D'Argon's placing a big bet there."

MG Warwick had been MG Davis' superior during her time at the 22nd Mountain Division, but had ascended the ranks quicker than MG Warwick and is poised for more significant assignments, to Warwick's disdain and jealousy.

"Yes, it's been awhile General Davis. I am well thank you. I've been doing well ever since my promotion from RRAF Saltbridge, I've been well. Thank you, thank you, for the er, heads up. It's been nice talking to you, please send my offices the report." She had still been a little nervous speaking to her previous superior, the two of them having not ended things in in the best terms. However, she composed herself as she turned towards RADM Snyder.

"Admiral Snyder, Dou Bouxian troops are arriving. I don't want them crossing Perlton Isles. Send a warning if you have to. Nobody gets across the Perlton Channel."

"Yes, ma'am." as he smiled and walked away.

MG Davis is one of the youngest major-generals in the RRAF, at 34, she has been an Emperor Haden Scholar, and performed to stellar records throughout her career as an intelligence officer in the 655th Brigade.

Imperial Royal Union
Envoy

Postby Imperial Royal Union » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:32 am

MEROSS ECS, GREAT PERLTON

The celebratory mood of the newly declared overseas territory of Meross ECS since their officiation had gradually faded, with life going on as per normal. Nothing had actually changed, except for the fact that the local head-of-government was now a local First Secretary as compared to the administration a few thousand kilometres south in Port Imperial. The local military presence of the Imperialean National Armed Forces were barely felt, and for good reason. The local garrison staffed by the 59th Air Support Division of DG Thomas Romanov had been holed up within the Central Meross Garrison, which somehow was awkwardly located across the sea from New Turrensia.

Romanov was quietly awaiting the arrival of the 58th Combined Arms Division under DG Charles Durant and the 55th Combined Arms Division under DG August Graetz, which were due to arrive within the next 24 hours. As much as the numerical advantage was critical to operations within Great Perlton, there weren't enough bunks to accommodate another two whole divisions. Romanov hadn't been briefed by his superior, AG Ricardo Pelleny, with regards to the mission, although it pointed to an imminent assault upon landing. For the past 6 months, there had been a focus on building up the civilian infrastructure and a thriving economy, while the military infrastructure had been delayed. That meant a logistical nightmare when the two divisions arrived. Furthermore, he had instructions to also expect another two divisions – meaning the entire X Grandé Armée Corps was expected.

Sometime later in the day, Pelleny had the green light from Defence Command to go ahead. That meant passing the orders on to Romanov. At the Central Meross Garrison, Romanov dispatched combat air patrol fighters over the whole of Meross ECS and its surrounding territory. The fighters would continue to circle around the demarcated airspace and would land every hour to change shifts, and this would continue on for the rest of the operation.
HIM Government
HOSTED ON GITHUB

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:02 pm

Deck of HIMS ALSATIAN
Off The West Coast of Perland Island
2nd July 2019
18h00

As Brigadier-General Michael Kilroy stood on the deck of the air-craft carrier, HIMS Alsatian, he couldn't help but smile. The west coast of Perland Island had just come into view. It was sunset and, through his binoculars, he could see that a golden light had been cast on the beach. Pure magic. It had been an incredibly long journey - two years and nearly three thousand kilometer, but it had been worth it. They had arrived.

"Beautiful, ain't it sir?", said Conrad, who was standing next to him.
"Stunning," whispered Kilroy, "simply stunning. Conrad, please will you fetch Commander Garry-Cooper and a radio."
"Will do sir. Back in a jiffy."

5 minutes later

Conrad returns with a radio and Commander Garry-Cooper.

"Good evening General," said the Commander, saluting.
"Commander," replied Kilroy, returning the salute, "we'll be landing within the next fifteen minutes. The Santa Rossi and Tredoux Regiments will land on the beach here, with the 2nd Artillery. HIMS Alsatian and the 16th Squadron will remain here with us. The Auxiliary Services Corp will begin the construction of a headquarters ten kilometers from the beach. The Bonafacio Regiment and 6th Artillery shall remain aboard ship. HIMS Princess Clarisse and HIMS Princess of Argentinstan shall sail to the north end of the Perlton Channel. Once we have occupied a significant portion of Perland Island, and established an Operational Command, we shall join them there. When we rendezvous, we shall then proceed to mainland Perlton and proceed with our orders as per General Order No. 374/98. Is that all clear?"
"Perfectly clear, General. I shall dispatch the landing crafts immediately.
"Good, I'll go board the chopper."

"Moreno Beach"
West Coast of Perland Island
18h45

As the helicopter started its descent onto the landing zone, Kilroy looked down and what he saw pleased him immensely. On the beach below, the Auxiliary Services Corp had constructed a landing zone and a dais from which he could dispatch orders. Next to the landing zone, the Royal Santi Rossi Regiment and the Royal Tredoux Regiments, and the 2nd Regiment of The Royal Artillery had assembled. Quite impressive.

As he stepped out of the helicopter, he breathed a sigh of relief. They had made it to Perland Island - finally. The assembled troops cheered as he walked up to the top of the platform. Kilroy stuck the Dou Bouxian Standard into the sand, picked him the loudhailer and began to speak:

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I promise that I won't speak for too long because I know that we all have incredibly important work to do. Firstly, I want to thank you all for all of the incredibly work you have put in thus far. We had to take a slight detour to De Ladzlo for a little bit, but we are finally here. However, the real work begins now. The Auxiliary Services Corp are to immediately begin construction of the Operational Headquarters in terms of Memo No. 364. The Santa Rossi Regiment is to advance in a North-Easterly direction, towards the north end of the island. You are to construct and post outposts at Points A, B, C and D. The Tredoux Regiment is to advance in a South-Easterly direction towards the south end of the island. You are to construct and post outposts at Points E, F, G and H. If you encounter any native or villages, you are to be nothing but friendly. Colonels, you are to enter into negotiations with the native chiefs regarding treaties of alliance. You are also expressly instructed not to enter the territories Semolia, Imperial Royal Union, The Recon Empire. or interfere with any of their nationals. Is that all understood?"

"Yes!", they all shouted.

"Fantastic," he cried, "then let's get to work."

5 minutes later

"Come in Princesses", Kilroy commanded as he radioed HIMS Princess of Argentinstan and HIMS Princess Clarisse, "you are to proceed to Perlton Channel immediately. Operation Perland is underway."
"Copy that," came two replies.

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Fort Moreno
Moreno Beach
Dou Bouxian Occupied West Perland Island
5th July 2019
07h00

Brigadier-General Kilroy yawned as he stepped out of his tent. It was just after sunrise and the air was cold and crisp. They had been in Perland for just over three days and thus far, they had made incredible progress. The Auxilliary Service Corps had constructed a temporary Operational Command Headquarters (comprised mainly of tents), and had already started on construction of a more permanent facility. As Kilroy looked to his right, he saw Conrad coming towards him.

"Good morning sir," said Conrad, handing the Brigadier his coffee
"Good morning and thank you Conrad," said Kilroy, smiling, "what news is there for me?"
"Fantastic news sir. The Santa Rossi boys have covered a great deal of ground over the past two days - granted they did use Personnel Carriers. They are moving up a river that flows from here towards the north of the island and should reach the delta area within the next day or so."
"That is fantastic. I have received a communique from Los Bouxiana.The higher-ups have instructed that the river be named The Michel River. But I interrupted you, please continue."
"Thank you sir," said Conrad, "anyway, so the boys are moving up the Michel and they should reach the north in a day or so."
"How are the constructions of the outposts going?"
"According to the Colonel, they have began constructing outposts at Locations A and B. They will begin the other two tomorrow."
"That is just amazing!" exclaimed Kilroy, "and what about the Tredoux Regiment?"
"They crossed the Michel and constructed a outpost at Location E. We now officially have a presence on the other side of the Michel. They moving through much harder terrain so they should get to the south of the island on Sunday."
"Fantastic," said Kilroy, "I have ordered that the 16th Squadron provide air support as and when required. What about the natives?"
"They have come into contact with a few native villages and have sent emissaries to them. However, the language barrier is still a problem. But, if all goes well, protection treaties will be signed soon."
"Brilliant."

Suddenly, the two-way radio bursts into life.

"Come in, HQ. This is Santa Rossi. Native chief has sent emissary to us. Protection treaty being negotiated. Over."
"Well done Santa Rossi," replied Kilroy, "over and out."

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:53 pm

Fort Moreno
Occupied Perland Island
6th July 2019
11h00

Brigadier-General Kilroy entered The Cartography Office - which at present is nothing more than a corrugated iron container. Earlier in the morning, he had received yet another communique from Army Headquarters, Los Bouxiana, at exactly 06h00. Honestly, some of those pencil-pushers had no respect for a man's sleep. The communique read:

Dispatching 2nd Company, 3rd (De Ladzlo) Battalion, King's Bristen Rifles to Ft Moreno by helicopter. Arriving 09h45 tomorrow. Signed - Beauden.

Although Kilroy had been irritated at being woken at such an early hour, the contents of the communique quickly restored his good mood. The 2nd Company were very familiar with the terrain, having come from De Ladzlo. They would move much more quickly through the island, meaning that the Operation would be completed a lot more quickly. He would have to work quickly and arrange accommodation for some 800 additional men. It was no big matter though. The Auxilliary Service Corps would be able to quickly assembly the temporary metal dwellings until something more formal could be built.

"Good morning Private," Kilroy said to the Clerk as he entered, "what news this morning?"
"Good morning General," replied the Private, rising and saluting, "we have very good news. The Santa Rossi Regiment has covered an incredible amount of ground. The have begun construction of an outpost at Location C and have covered 400 kilometers in the 24 hours. They should reach the north of the island on the 8th. According to the Colonel, the land gets more and more lush the further north one travels, which is truly fantastic."
"That's good. I'm sure that there is plenty of potential to establish a large number of plantations up there. What about the Tredoux?"
"Well, General," hesitated the Private, "they have not made as much progress as the Santa Rossi - they've covered approximately 230 kilometers in the last day, and constructed one outpost at Location E. They should reach the south end of the island on the 9th. However, they have also been negotiating with native chiefs. The chiefs seem open to Dou Bouxian rule, but under certain conditions."
"Such as?"
"The preservation of their privileges, an allowance, etc."
"If they insist," said Kilroy, "I shall wire the Colonial Office and we shall see what can be arranged. Order the Colonels to continue with the negotiations."
"Yes Sir."

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Fort Moreno
Perland Protectorate
9th August 2019
18h00

As Brigadier-General Michael Kilroy stepped to the top of the dais that had been erected in the center of the Fort, he sighed. It had been an incredibly long day. He had been awake since 4:30 receiving the chiefs that had travelled from all over the island to be at the proclamation of the protectorate. In front and below him were seated native chiefs and their delegations, all in traditional attire; representatives of the colonies and of foreign nations and hundreds of other invited guests. Kilroy steadied the microphone, opened the proclamation, and began his speech:

"Good afternoon Your Highnesses, My Lords, Ladies and Gentlemen,

It falls to me to read the following proclamation:

'His Imperial Majesty's Secretary of State for Colonial Affairs does hereby give notice that, in view of a request by the chiefs of certain native tribes, Perland Island is placed under the protection of His Imperial Majesty and will henceforth constitute a Dou Bouxian Protectorate. His Imperial Majesty's Government shall adopt all measures necessary for the defense of The Perland Protectorate, and protect its inhabitants and interests.'

Colonel Patrick Ruskin has been appointed as the inaugural Commissioner of the Protectorate. He shall arrive on the 23rd of August.

Thank you."

"Well done, Sir," whispered Conrad as he stepped down, "you were brilliant."
"Thank you, Conrad. Now all we got to do is get through the party. Immediately once that is done, we're flying out to the Princess of Argentinstan. We've got to commence Part II of the Operation Perland. Colonel Ryan will act as Commissioner until Colonel Ruskin arrives."
"Very good, General," replied Conrad, "it's a good thing everything is packed."
"Yes," laughed Kilroy, "now let's get this over and done with. You know how much I love parties."

Fort Moreno Helicopter Pad
22h00

As the helicopter took off, Kilroy looked out on all that was Perland Island. Thousands upon thousands of kilometers of natural beauty - all Dou Bouxian. Now all they had to do was pull of the same feat on the main land.

"You tired General?" asked Conrad.
"A little. I think I'll get a little bit of shut-eye. Please let me know just before we land so I can freshen up."
"Sure thing Sir."

Deck of HIMS Princess of Argentinstan
10th August 2019
01h00

As Kilroy stepped off the helicopter and onto the deck of HIMS Princess of Argentinstan, he studied the man before him. A late forty-something, about six foot, and wearing a colonel's uniform - Colonel Tristan Hernandez, commander of The Royal Bonafacio Regiment.

"Welcome back General," said the Colonel, saluting, "good to have you back with us. The boys been waiting patiently are anxious to get going."
"Thank you, Colonel," replied the General, smiling as he returned the salute, "I can't wait to begin. What has Commander Chancellor said about the landing?"
"We are to land at Point 543A at approximately 10h00 this morning. There is little swell so it should be a smooth ride."
"Fantastic, relay to the Commander that it's 'full steam ahead'."
"Yes, General," replied the Colonel, saluting, "Operation Perland Part II is a go."
Last edited by Dou Boux on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:38 pm

On The Deck of HIMS Princess of Argentinstan
In The Perlton Channel, West Coast of Great Perlton
11 April 2021
08h00

As he watched the shore of Great Perlton, Brigadier-General Michael Kilroy breathed a sigh of relief. It had been a long two year journey. After successfully declaring Perland Island a protectorate of The Dou Bouxian Crown, he had been called back to Los Bouxiana and sent to West Yuan to help establish the Combined Operations Command there. Although it was work he enjoyed, it took him away from his current goal: to paint Great Perlton Dou Bouxian gold. Now of months of negotiations with the Department of Defense, he was back. On the deck with him were Colonel Tristian Hernandez, Colonel-in-Chief of The Royal Bonafacio Regiment, and Commander Chancellor, captain of HIMS Princess of Argentinstan. Conrad, his faithful valet, was also along for the ride.

"Commander," said Kilroy turning to Chancellor, "what is the ETA this morning."
"We are dropping anchor at Point 543A in around 25 minutes," replied the Commander, "It will be a relatively smooth landing as there is no choppy current in the bay."
"Marvelous. Colonel Hernandez, please instruct the Auxiliary Service Corps to begin the construction of a Joint Operational Headquarters on shore immediately. We will try to be as self-sufficient as possible and not rely from supplies to arrive from the Protectorate because that means that they will have to cross the Channel which will take time."
"Very good, General," replied Colonel Hernandez, "all shall be arranged."

"Jaren's Outpost Beach"
West Coast of Great Perlton
13h00

By now, the noise of the chopper was one that was well-known to Kilroy. He had been landing on remote islands for over two decades. As Marine 687 descended onto the landing zone, the Brigadier adjusted his cap and wiped his handkerchief over his brow. He was sweating. He had forgotten how hot it was this side of the world. They had decided to build the Joint Operational Headquarters slightly off the beach to ensure that there was enough space on the shore for the landing craft that were still to arrive. He was now going to address his troops again - his favorite part of the job. Assembled were the 5 battalions that made up the Royal Bonafacio Regiment. In addition, 2 battalions of the King's Perlton Rifles - a regiment that at that point was made up almost entirely of Natives from the Perland Protectorate - were also present. Working with them was to be a new experience for Kilroy, but he was always up for a challenge.

The National Anthem began playing as the Dou Bouxian Standard was raised up a flag pole that had been erected that morning. Once the salute was finished, Kilroy took his place at the podium and began to speak:

"Good afternoon! I must say that I am delighted to be back with you today. There was a slight delay in our mission, but here we are. This Operation will present its own set of challenges, but after your amazing success in Perland, I am sure that you will rise to the challenge. I must congratulate the Auxiliary Services Corps for their speedy work today. Although there is some way to go, it will serve as a fine base of operations and the first Dou Bouxian territory on the mainland. The 1st and 2nd Battalions shall advance in a North-Easterly Direction to Point 373. Along the way, you are to construct Outposts G, H and I in the manner prescribed in General Order 73AP. You may cross any and all territory under the principle of terra nullius. However, you are under no circumstances to cross the Frontier into the Bencos Peninsula or into Bencos Bay. That is the sovereign territory of Semolia.

The 3rd and 4th Battalions shall advance in a South-Easterly Direction to Point 374. Along the way, you are to construct Outposts J, K and L in the manner prescribed by the General Order. Like the 1st and 2nd, you may cross any territory expect crossing the frontier into the Menross Peninsula. That is the sovereign territory of the Imperial Royal Union.

The 5th Battalion and the 1st Battalion, King's Perlton Rifles shall advance in an Easterly Direction to Point 375. You shall construct Outposts L, M, N and O. Outpost O shall be constructed at the foot of the Mountain. We shall decide on a name when you reach it. You are to inform any Native tribes of our intentions, but make sure that they are aware that there way of life will not be impeded. We shall enter into discussions with them at a later stage.

The 2nd Battalion, King's Perlton Rifles shall remain here to provide a security function. Godspeed in carrying out your work!"

"Hurrah! Hurrah and God Save The King-Emperor!"

15 minutes later

"That was marvelous sir," said Conrad, "worthy of a whiskey."
"Thank you Conrad. We shall have one later, but we currently have some important work to do."

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Joint Operational Headquarters
"Jaren's Outpost Beach"
Dou Bouxian Occupied West Great Perlton
17 April 2021
'07h00

Although the sun had just risen, Brigadier-General Michael Kilroy had been up for hours. The Executive of Great Perlton Command (GPC) rose as he entered the Briefing Room. 07h00 exactly - time to begin.

"Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen," he said, "please be seated. What news have you for me?"
"Things have been progressing well, sir," said Lieutenant-Colonel Walter Hare, "the Personal Carriers arrived from Perland three days ago and are being utilized by all troops in the field. The 1st and 2nd of the Royal Bonafacio have made steady progress towards the North-East. They have covered several hundred kilometers in the last week and are making for Wartz Gulf, which they should reach within the next week or so. Thus far they have captured around 6000 square kilometers of territory. Outputs G and H have been constructed." The 3rd and 4ths have also made good progress, but not as much as the first two. They have reached a river on the South-West of the island which they have been pleased to christen Rio Astunca. They have constructed all of their required outposts. The 5ths and the 1st KPR are moving towards the mountain in the center of the island. We fully intend to claim it on behalf of the King-Emperor."
"Marvelous! Do continue."
"They plan to construct their last outpost on the summit of the mountain after a long climb, which they will be able to do in a few days."
"That is truly terrific!" exclaimed Kilroy, "and what about contact with the Natives?"
It was time for Lieutenant-Colonel Angela Gray to have her say. The 45-year old had been the Native Commissioner on all of Dou Boux's colonial expeditions in the past five years, and if anyone could answer - it would be her.
"Most are receptive to the idea of association with Dou Boux, however the format that they wish is slightly different. Some wish for a protectorate and some wish for direct annexation. The Native rulers of course all wish to retain their privileges'."
"Well we shall see about that as the time comes."

10h00

The Briefing Meeting was finished, and Kilroy was glad that it was so. He was waiting for more supplies from the Protectorate to arrive later in the day. Conrad would get that sorted. He would also want to send a delegation to the Kananjega, the most powerful native ruler to see what could be arranged. In the end, they always came around to the idea of Dou Bouxian rule. Whether it took tributes, or a little more diplomacy.

Suddenly, Kilroy's two way radio bursts into life

"Come in PEF52," said a voice.
"Yes, Conrad," replied Kilroy, "what news do you have for me, over."
"Supplies have arrived from Perland, with compliments of the Commissioner. I am dispatching a delegation to the Kananjega with some gifts to start negotiations."
"Marvelous - simply marvelous."

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:03 pm

"Jaren's Outpost Beach"
1st September
09h00

Brigadier-General Michael Kilroy was tired - although that was not a new feeling. Although most campaigns in the tropics were long, this one had been especially so. In front of him in the Briefing Room were the members of The Executive of Great Perlton Command (GPC) - the talented strategists and statesmen that were tasked with painting yet another area of the world Dou Bouxian chartreuse. They were reporting back to him on the success that had been made in the past few months. As always, Lieutenant-Colonel Walter Hare spoke first.

"The 1st and 2nd Royal Bonafacio have successfully captured the North-East portion of West Great Perlton, General. They reached the Wartz Gulf last week and have enacted temporary martial law in accordance with Regulation 37(iv) of The General Order. The 3rds and 4ths have captured over 250 000 square kilometers of territory since the beginning of the campaign. The 5ths and the 1st KPR have captured the mountain in the middle of the island which has been duly named Mount Chatane. The highlands around it are - according to reports - prime for settlement."

Now it was time for Lieutenant-Colonel Angela Gray - the Native Commissioner - to give her report.

"We sent emissaries to negotiate with the Kananjega and he is apparently happy with the annexation. However, he wishes to have some guarantee of the retention of their privileges and certain cultural authority."

"As long as those customs do not contradict Dou Bouxian law, " answered Kilroy, "they can do whatever they please. I am sure that His Imperial Majesty will be pleased to award them whatever privileges he deems deserving. This is all excellent. I shall cable Los Bouxiana immediately and see whether an Order-in-Council cannot be passed tonight to give effect to the annexation."

19h00

Kilroy was dozing in his office chair when Conrad rushed in.

"What news do you have?" enquired the General.
"It's fantastic news, General," required Conrad, "Los Bouxiana has just replied. The annexation order got passed this evening. We will officially take over sovereignty at 00h01 on the 3rd of September."
"That is fantastic! Have them start preparing the ceremony"

Dou Boux
Spokesperson

Postby Dou Boux » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:46 am

"Jaren's Outpost Beach"
2nd September
23h45

Brigadier-General Michael Kilroy glanced at his watch. A quarter-to-midnight. Wouldn't be long now. And yes, right on cue, he received the signal from Conrad. As he walked up the stairs to the podium, he glanced at the Assembly in front of him. All of the regiments that made up the Great Perlton Command, Native Chiefs in full regalia, officers and statesmen. He coughed and he opened his speech and then began to read:

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

Tonight is the beginning of a new époque. In just a few short minute, the National Flag will be raised and this territory shall join the Dou Bouxian Empire as the Kingdom's youngest daughter. However, this is also the start of great things for Nartos. It is the start of progress, democracy and good governance and of mutual cooperation between it and the mother country. To the peoples of Nartos, we say: you have joined our family and we have joined yours. His Imperial Majesty and the rest of the Dou Bouxian people bid you welcome and express their most extreme affection for you and your proud culture. Thus, it gives me great pride it read - on behalf of the King-Emperor - this Order-in-Council, a formal expression of what is going to occur tonight:

'Charles the fifth, By the Grace of God....."

Kilroy could hear the strains of the national anthem in his ears as the National Flag was raised. Fireworks. Midnight. The deed was done. Nartos was officially a Dou Bouxian colony.

Cagnano
Colony of Nartos
3rd September
08h00

Once again, as he was every day, Kilroy was in the Briefing Room. This time he was looking over the plans for the construction of the new capital, Cagnano, as well as the map that had been sent to him by the Surveyor-General's Office. It was quite a sight.

Suddenly Conrad rushed in with a big smile on his face.

"A dispatch from Los Bouxiana," he said, "straight from the Colonial Office."

General Kilroy read it.

Congratulations on a most successful campaign. Count Umberto Cascino has been appointed Governor. He will arrive on 10 September. You are to remain as Interim Governor until that time.

[Signed]

Ferdinand Montrose

"Well this is fantastic," replied Kilroy, "I will not be sorry to get home."

"Me too, sir, me too."
Last edited by Dou Boux on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents