NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision 53 - Cherbourg, Normandy and Picardy [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

19 | Estogium | Liam Andréasson - "Jump The Gun"

Postby Estogium » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:50 am

#19 Estogium
Liam Andréasson - "Jump The Gun"
Tune : Shawn Mendes - Mercy

Liam (Full name Liam Sebastien Andréasson) is a 19 year old male who is from Loueske, which is one of the quiet, behind-the-scene cities in Britonisea, though despite it's quiet background, Loueske is one of the main tourist attractions for people looking to find a winter break from surrounding nations within the Ultimaverse, though Liam moved to Estogium's Estogium City - which is the most Southern Estogian City. Liam followed the education system, in Estogium, like any normal child would; he went to Loueske West Primary School, which is one of the few primary schools in the city, where we excelled at subjects such as Mathematics and English and so was put in the express class for both subjects. However, in primary school he found creative subjects more difficult, and this was down to - according to his parents - his strict view on himself, and what the world should be. He did not do well in drama, a subject which is hugely popular in Estogium, Music nor Art. He did not know where he placed in Estogium, which lead him to being an outcast going in to secondary school. In Secondary School, Liam faced being an outcast of his year group, as he had no main interests, being from Britonisea without having any interesting background and because he was quite abrupt. Going in to his eighth year, he had to decide his options for his KEWQAE examinations, and he had to pick one of the subjects mentioned above that he didn't do so well in. He decided to do music, and as he took the course, he started to realise that he was quite good at singing, and he quickly picked up how to play the guitar. Liam also was an avid dancer, and loved to express himself through dance. As he reached nearer to the E-Years (or examination years), he would perform at local gigs within Estogium, while also going to Kyvivre, the nearest Britonish city to Estogium City, to perform in a group, him and his friends made. After receiving 134/145 in his full KEWQAE (you can find his total result below) he received an A1 - highest A - , which was seen as a huge success for him, and was 17 marks passed the passing rate. After this, he decided to go to sixth form and later, he started receiving more gigs.

After passing his KEWQAE results with flying colours, the very young boy at the time wanted to perform more, and so he asked for help from his brother Markus - who is also performing tonight - who is a singer and guitarist, similar to Liam himself. The pair then went to countries around the region, focusing on nations such as Ekoz, Aurevbush and their homeland Estogium. They also appeared in Brityunik Mehlodhifehstivalhen, though they did not win and so left their birthplace, they tried to make it big in Estogium. Performing on shows, and having multiple interviews with hosts of chat shows worked in their favour, and when Liam had just turned 19, he was invited to perform at Estogium's Radio & Television awards in front of 16,000 people - not including the 8.5 million people watching on the television. Soon after, the boy received a tip from ESTOGIUM: THE BIG REVEAL who reveals the participant to the World Hit Festival and/or the WorldVision Song Contest. Liam quickly accepted without hesitation and stated that he was working on a song called "Jump The Gun" which was about to be finished after another day of work. However, Liam soon realised that he was not the only person who could be given the title of representative in the World Hit Festival 29, and that title could also be given to a few other Estogian artists, including Dotty Rag Girl and popular Aloquirbic group ZEKSO who placed 14th place in WorldVision 45. After a live sound check, he was picked among the rest, to be the representative at both the World Hit and WorldVision Song Contest.

Performance Details

Main Singer: Liam Andréasson
Guitarist 1: Markus Andréasson (Also Tenor)
Guitarist 2: Quincey Buttons
Pianist 1: Dean Ashwood
Drummer 1: Vernon Brunswick
Backing Vocalists: Marc Summerhayes (Tenor), Xavier Finley (Bass), Xand Agogo (Tenor), Nila Sampson (Soprano), Mia Ora (Alto)
Lyrics & Music: Liam Andréasson, Markus Andréasson, Kieran Whithers

Unlike his performance in Izmedu, the song did not start as the audience began clapping for it. Here, there was sounds as if you were shallow under water. It was not very clear. Slowly you saw a figure in a shadow walk towards it as it got smaller and clearer in view. The image was that of him and his guitar. As soon as the song started properly, he started singing... He placed his mouth gently open the microphone, and his right hand over the microphone which had a pick for the guitar in it. he was still behind a semi-opaque wall and you could him strumming the guitar as he began;

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm
Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm
Your words capture me.
They’re so strong, they hold me down.
Believe me, you’re all I got,
Don't forget the things I've once said.

He had removed his hand from over the microphone, and he positioned his the pick of the guitar as he was about to play. The lights of did develop throughout the verse, but it was still kept minimalist: another light, which matched Liam's, had shone on 4 other people on the stage - every 4-5 seconds and showed other instrumentalists (guitarists, pianist, drummer) and at which, the camera - for the audience at home - had quickly flickered to them. As the camera would flicker on them, it would return back to Liam, who was the main person, and who stood in front of the whole of them. He then walked more towards the semi-opaque wall and it jiggle to the wind of him moving.

I'm shy, quite weak,
Don't take advantage of me.
Tell me, tell me straight,
What you think of me-

This song does mean something to Liam, it is quite a personal song. The broadcaster wanted to show that he will develop his maturity in this song. As he finished singing this verse, the song quickly took a turn. The lights went off and as they turned back on, Liam came from behind the semi-opaque wall to the front and joined his brother and other players - but he didn't have his guitar with him. The lights, which were blue, swirled around from the stage and on to the audience. The stage then lit up in quite murky colours, such as bayou green, swamp brown and deep sea blue. And though the colours were a damper, the way that they were shining in accordance to each other made it look quite appeasing onstage.

As I believe you want me,
But baby,I won't jump the gun.
Are you gonna’ embarrass me?
Are you gonna’ make the people shun?
And you know say,
Slow Down, Slow Down - The time ain’t now.
And even though I say,
Okay - that's not what I want.

In this performance, the Estoge were going for a polished performance, something that built up. Throughout the previous chorus, the murky colours kept on flashing on the stage, with the blue on the audience. The camera would twitch between the instrumentalists on the stage, Liam and the backing singers- who wore suits and dresses comparable to the murky colours which filled the arena. During the chorus, though, the backing singers' (the male singers only) microphones were turned up, so you could hear them with their harmonies more, which blended very well with Liam's voice. The single blue lights traveled their way from around the arena back to the stage, the middle part of the stage, where Liam began singing the next part of the song.

Driving, late at night
Glare of the lamps blind me.
My mind’s numb, fingers too.
And I can’t survive much longer.

On the screens behind Liam, glares of white lights were coming closing and faded away, as if you were looking through the back window of a car, on the motorway, at night. When he started singing about how his "mind's numb, fingers too" he let go off the guitar pick and put his hands up above his head and backed away from the microphone, which still picked up his voice quite well. The camera would flicker to a left camera shot of him before going to the front of him.

I drive to get away,
Far from this toxicity.
Don't call, don't wonder.
My mind is in two-

On the screens behind him now, the white lights now went in to a circle motion to form one big white light. The audience swirled their heads - as if they were hypnotised by this performance which happens behind them. The white light kept on growing in size, and would soon reach all of the LED lights along the walls. The camera, for those at home and those who like to look at the mega screens, would slowly go over the performers - in an aerial view, with Dean Ashwood, the pianist, looking up at the camera and winking the camera. As Liam finished singing this part of the song, and went in to the second chorus of the song, the white light gained full cover over all the LED walls and "exploded" all over the arena, with the white lights over the arena flickering on and off, and it felt as if we were in the middle of a lightning storm.

As I believe you want me,
But baby, I won't jump the gun.
And without you, there is no need for me.
My friends and family? They're gone.
It's like a stab to the heart.
But this is what I had to live for.
No one, but I defied the odds.
Now where is my other half?

The colours which appeared on the stage were blue, and a more happier tone of green which looked better on the camera than the colours before. During the chorus, the female singers also joined in with the males, creating a larger range of voices within the song creating a hair-raising sound to those engrossed in the song. Lights above the arena flashed white light on and off white the camera swirled around Liam.

Even Though you say,
"Slow Down, Slow Down - Please, not now"
And even though I say,
Okay - that's not what I want.

With the drum roll entering this part in, the camera came from behind the drummer, forward, behind the guitarist, and past Liam towards the audience, who had switched on their phones torches and waving it high in the air along with the root beat of the song.

Burning starting within my throat.
Bleeding out, I cannot stop.
Anger, range, it's filling in - and I can't take anymore.
Look at me, look what you have done.
Messed me up, more than I could've thought.
I rise my hands, I'm asking!
Can you tell me where I've gone wrong?

As he started to sing, you could see that he was going red, you could see that his eyes were watering as he grabbed the mic away from the stand... The blue lights, had quickly changed in to red symbolising the hate and the blood which helped inspire this song. The camera slowly zoomed out as the red became deeper and deeper.

Then, another change since his other performance. The whole stage, every LED was set to symbolise water. Shots of him drowning in water flashed upon the screen as it would cut back to him when he slowly lifted his head up. The final time the camera switched, he looked up at the camera and then stared. He then sang a Capella, before the instrumentals came in for the last time and the camera zoomed out quickly.

Oh, I believe there's a you and me.
But darling, I won't jump the gun.
Are you gonna’ stand up to me?
Or are you gonna’ hide within the dark?
And I'm done with waiting…
You're holding me by the neck.
And I'm gonna’ break free, yeah.
You're no longer having hold upon me.

The colours of the arena were somewhat happy, and the camera angles and shot were less jerky. The audience started to sing along with Liam and started to clap their hands along with the song which had meet it's peak. He walked to the edge of the stage, and for the first time he smiled (fully) for the first time. He decided to not sing that part of the song, and rather, he would direct what would say to the audience.

"What do they say, guys??"
Slow Down, Slow Down (Ain't Jumping, Ain't Jumping that gun -no) - The time ain’t now.
Okay, Okay? Ain't jumping that gun -no….

When he asked the audience what they said, he held his microphone to the crowd and they replied with "Slow Down, Slow Down." He then began to hum the final part to the song here;

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm
Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm

Liam started tearing up, he enjoyed singing this song, and the odds were stacked against him, this could be the last performance from him. "Thank-you ever so much!" he shouted through the tears.
Last edited by Estogium on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Arioslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arioslavia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:54 am

ATV1
PRESENTS
WVSC 53 COMMENTARY
With Nikolay Gorchakov and Daria Nabokova
LIVE from Cherbourg

Nikolay: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Nikolay Gorchakov and I'm here in Cherbourg, Normandy & Picardy with Daria Nabokova to comment the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest.
Daria: Good evening!
N: Tonight we're in Cherbourg. It's a beautiful city, with a very long and interesting history and picturesque tourist attractions. We can see some of them in an opening video...
D: Yes, Cherbourg is an awesome city. Well, of course, we may be a bit jealous about the fact that we aren't in Telgrad tonight, isn't it?
N: Sure... But maybe next time we are successful.
D: Hopefully! Well, the video is near the end and now we will listen to an opening theme performed by the National Orchestra of Normandy & Picardy.

OPENING THEME

N: This was epic!
D: What a masterpiece! It's motivating, uplifting and... well, divine! Mozart-approved!
N: A great introduction to the evening!

OPENING SONG

N: You may remember that gentleman from the WorldVision 42, the first edition our country took part in.
D: I remember his entry, it was great! And today he also did well.
N: Right. So, we can now say that the contest is open. We can see the contestants... This year, Arioslavia will be represented by Debora Weiss with her song I will wait. So, a new face at the World Vision scene.
D: Right, but she's a well-known artist at home... And speaking honestly, I'm happy she has been selected as our representant.
N: Yes, me too. Well, let's forget about the critical voices! Let's hope Debora will be successful! Our song will be the 16th entry we hear tonight. Ok, time to start the contest! The first contestant is Mercedini... No! Merecendi! Excuse me! It's Merecendi! So, the debutants!

01. MERECENDI

D: This was nasty! Seriously, I'm disgusted!
N: Ehh... How should I comment this? We had a magnificent symphonic intro, we had a great opening song... and then we have THIS! Thank you, Merecendi, for ruining such a nice evening.
D: Let's hope we don't have too many entries like that tonight. Luckily, the second performer is Cameron Poloz from Polkopia. I don't expect anything like that from a Polkopian entry.

02. POLKOPIA

N: Well, Polkopia tends to send very strong propositions. This one is... decent.
D: Just decent. Well, it's a good song, but no fireworks. But probably it gets some points.
N: I don't need to compare it with Merecendi... It would be an insult.
D: That's true!
N: Ok, time for Kalosia! This year the country will be represented by a Britonish-Kalosian singer O-Kai. I heard her at the rehearsals and I can say she's a good singer. Ladies and gentlemen - Kalosia and O-Kai!

03. KALOSIA

D: Nice! It has a catchy tune, I like the refrain... And you know what I have in my mind, Nikolay?
N: Huh?! But...!
D; MWAH <3
N: Aww... I'm blushing... Uhm, ok! Zeganas is next!

04. ZEGANAS

N: My opinion may be a bit unpopular, but I really think that the WorldVision should be more open to metal music. Well, this song may be not perfect, but for sure that's something original and new. Good job, Zeganas.
D: Unfortunetely, I don't see this winning or getting many points. Metal isn't something the WorldVision audience loves. We know something about this.
N: You refer to our first entries, like Enigmatica or Belovodye, right? Well, I still think it wasn't that bad. And this one is really good too.
D: It's something... refreshing.
N: Ok, time for Darkmania.

05. DARKMANIA

N: A very beautiful entry, no doubt. However, I think that the lyrics could be a bit better.
D: Indeed! I wish Daniel all the best in tonight's contest. Anyway, I'm afraid this song gets unnoticed.
N: Hopefully not. Now, time for the next contestant.

06. HIKLARMANGIA

07. ALINGHI FDR

N: It's a very nice song with a great meaning. I like it.
D: It's very emotional, which is understandable concerning the story behind it. Nevertheless, the language is the weakest side of this song.
N: But still it doesn't ruin it. Thank you, Alinghi, now it's... Adab. And when I say Adab, I mean Kinan al-Salaman!
D: What a surprise!

08. ADAB

D: Ok, Kinan is a great artist, no doubt. But is he really an only singer in Adab?
N: Time for something new, Adab. Seriously.

09. EKOZ

N: A typical Ekozian entry - a young and promising artist, modest staging and decent lyrics. I see this one in the top ten of tonight's contest.
D: Sure. It's very up to date and the younger viewers are probably going to vote for it. It's a good entry.
N: Time for the tenth country - Bloodbath Generation.

10. BLOODBATH GENERATION

N: I think it's a good song. I like the artist's voice, I like the tune, even if it's a bit oldschool...
D: Later it gets a bit repetitive, but I think it's the only problem with this song. Now we have Cosneolta.

11. COSNEOLTA

N: It's a very WorldVision type of song, isn't it?
D: Sure. I think it's good. I like the tune, especially the refrain part.
N: The problem with this kind of song is that it may both succeed or fail. If we have too many similar entries, it may get lost. But overall, a good song. Now, time for Layla al-Qasimi from Kwadai.

12. KWADAI

N: I think it's the same situation as in Cosneolta's case. A very nice pop song, something we would like to hear on radio. But will it succeed? Hard to tell.
D: Time will tell. Now, it's Todlichebujoku...
N: Well, the Todlichebujoki national broadcaster claims it's something completely new. We'll see...

13. TODLICHEBUJOKU

N: Well, if you thought it's a song about the Dynamo Kirsk football club, you're wrong!
D: Haha, who knows, maybe some fans of the team are going to vote for it?
N: But speaking seriously, I like the change. The meaning of the song may be not very deep, but it seems Todlichebujoku needed something new. I like it.

14. SILVACOMETOPIA

15. NORMANDY & PICARDY

D: Lovely!
N: I must say the hosts gave us a splendid entry. Seriously, she's an amateur? I wouldn't tell!
D: Of course, an expert may have some minor objections to this song, but it's not a big thing. For example, I'm not sure about that instrumental. But when I think of it, it actually makes this song vivid. And the staging is very good.
N: Thank you, Joanne! So, this was Normandy & Picardy... but now, attention, ladies and gentlemen! Time for Arioslavia! Debora - good luck!
D: Good luck, Debora!

16. ARIOSLAVIA

N: Well done, Debora! Uhh, I was nervous, but luckily, everything was ok. I think it's a great performance!
D: Indeed! Well, she's a professional, after all! Well done, well done! As usual, the staging played a minor role, but I think that overall it didn't ruin Debora's performance. And judging by the audience reaction here in Amphi, her song may be a success. Hopefully, the viewers abroad think the same.
N: Hopefully! Thank you, Debora! Well, ladies and gentlemen, I remind you that you can't vote for our entry from the territory of Arioslavia, but to those of you who are abroad - take your phones and vote for Debora!
D: It seems we had two brilliant entries...
N: Right, and we expect the same from Luepola, our next contestant!

17. LUEPOLA

D: Oh! Another great entry! A black horse?
N: Hard to tell if it wins, but it may be a very strong candidate. Good job, Alisa! Well, now we will hear a song from a country which is well-known to the WorldVision scene - Britonisea!

18. BRITONISEA

N: Another good entry we hear tonight. The staging isn't exagerrated, the tune is catchy, but...
D: But...
N: But there's one thing - when the song started with clapping, it seemed like an intro to something big. And then we had it through the whole song, which was a bit monotonous.
D: However, this guy has a powerful voice!
N: Indeed! Well, we were in Britonisea, so now we're moving West - to Estogium!

19. ESTOGIUM

D: Well, this was a mature song. I actually liked it.
N: I'd say than this time Estogium won the traditional Estogian-Britonish duel... But will it defeat other entries? It's hard to tell, but I think it gets lots of points.
D: Well, ladies and gentlemen, it's up to you to decide!
N: Ok, we're moving through the Pacific... Time for Kannap!

20. KANNAP

N: No, no, no... I'm not a fan of this one.
D: There's something annoying in the tune...
N: Our next contestant is a debutant - Greater Slavic Union.

21. GREATER SLAVIC UNION

N: Again, a great song and a band. Unfortunetely, I'm sure it will not succeed. Firstly - it's metal, a genre which is not popular among the contest viewers. Secondly - I don't think Westerners care about the Hussites and their history. Sad but true. Anyway, I like it and wish them success.
D: But look at the audience! They seem to really enjoy it!
N: Good luck, gentlemen! Now it's Mercedini - a host of the previous WorldVision edition - an edition we didn't participate in.

22. MERCEDINI

N: A typical WorldVision entry. It's not bad and it may get some points from the younger audience.
D: Sure. To be honest. I think it's similar to the Estogian entry.
N: I have the same feelings.

23. MISTER X

D: Poor guy...
N: Well, actually it's a kind of song Arioslavian audience likes - despite being quite oldschool. Who knows? It may win our viewers' votes. Anyway, it's a bit unusual entry for Mister X.

24. IZMEDU

N: Great song!
D: I think we may see it as tonight's winners. I loved the voice of the singer and the tune. It's very powerful!
N: Indeed! And the staging was very generous, as usually in case of Izmeduan entries. Some may find it even a bit exagerrated. Nevertheless, well done, Vigora!
D: Good job, Izmedu.

25. NATANIANS & NOSTS

D: What a cacophony...
N: No comment.

N: This was the last entry we hear today... Well, I must say that although the contest started and concluded with very weak songs, I really enjoyed what was between them.
D: Yes, overall it was a good contest, although it may not be the biggest one. We've seen some very nice entries tonight. Hopefully, the international audience rates Debora's song high.
N: Let's hope so! Well, ladies and gentlemen, I have information that Bloodbath Generation, Hiklarmangia and Silvacometopia have been disqualified... This means you can't vote for them. And the voting starts very soon! Let's watch the highlights of all tonight's entries. In order to vote, call (02) 777 888 999 or send a message with a number of your favourite song using our WorldVision app. Remember, you can not vote for Arioslavia unless you're abroad! The hotlines open in few moments!
Last edited by Arioslavia on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:20 am, edited 14 times in total.
Based on Russia - 240 million people - Superpower (do not anger, we have nukes and 5 million army!) - Post-communist, socially liberal gov
Pro: Pragmatic Socialism, Social Liberalism, Leftist Nationalism, Secularism, Women rights, Progressivism, Russia (not always, but sorry - Crimea is Russian), Kemalist Turkey (Glory to Ataturk!), Israel (it's always better than another Islamist dictatorship!)
Neutral: USA, UK (I'm hardline republican but not in the UK case - keep the Monarchy!), EU, China
Anti: Christian Conservatism, Islamism, Erdogan, Clericalism, Saudi Arabia, Current Polish Gov
Male - 22 - straight - Polish - disabled - Russophile - body-positive fat admirer
I don't use NS stats
Feel free to TG me to talk

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 07, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kannap » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:16 pm

20 | Kannap
"Superstar" by Jackson Cullowee
Tune: Renegades

As Jackson Cullowee enters the stage, the lights flicker green and white, the national colors of Kannap.
Come to Royale with me
Hot days and popularity
Filming hits and filming flicks
two stars, you and me

For the beginning of the performer, Jackson stands center stage. Once the word "Royale" slips from his mouth, the green-and-white flickering lights transition immediately to just red flickering lights, representing the city colors of Royale for a moment. By the time the next line is sung, the green-and-white flickering lights have returned.

And I say me
Me, me, me
Parading like a superstar
Me, me, me
Me, me, me
Superstar, superstar

While Jackson sings the chorus, he struts back-and-forth across the front of the stage, singing towards the crowd the entire time.

Can’t ever go back home
We’re here to party long
Hang out and spend time
Come and try to make some cash

Jackson starts jumping around the stage while singing this portion of the song, seemingly trying to create and excited and happy sense while he sings.

And we say me
Me, me, me
Me, me, me
Me, me, me
Superstar, superstar

Returning to the chorus means returning to strutting back-and-forth across the front of the stage.

So, go see us, you and me
Go see us, all you fools
Go see us, all you kids
Cullowees and Valdrells

We choose now to dance and sing
We choose now to film and act
We choose now to be rich
Let’s get loose.

For this part of the song, Jackson steadies his motion a bit and sticks to a small area of the stage, just swaying back and forth as he sings. His words mention briefly his partner from his last performance in WorldVision 51, who could not make it to this competition, turning Jackson into a solo act.

And we say me
Me, me, me
Me, me, me
Me, me, me
Superstar, superstar

Jackson finishes the chorus one last time, strutting back and forth the front of the stage for a final time.
Last edited by Kannap on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
27 years old, gay demisexual, they/them agnostic, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:48 am

"'The Beginning of The Legend" by Slava
Tune: Sabaton - The Last Stand

A camera went forward, moving onto the band, which was eager to enter the stage. It stopped for some seconds on Joakim, who smiled, and suddendly went down performing a perfect squat on full heels, and then coming back at his previous posture. Then, their "postcard" started, and there was a video of them touring around Cherbourg.

Suddendly, a music started, and the crowd started reacting, most of the people cheering to the sound of that music. Slava was a pretty famous band in Normandy and Picardy, so the reason why of the chearing was pretty simple.

All of a sudden the lights, previously off to make sure everybody could see the video which was being broadcasted together with the music, went on, and the band got enlightened by a storm of lights, mostly of red, blue, and white colour.

A music, which resembled the sound of a bell ringing, started, going on and on, louder and louder, until the drummer did not start a drumroll, and then the actual music and the song started.

In the heart of the Czechian Lands
In the home of the great Jan Hus
The Christian faith is endangered!

There's a foe of many thousands swords
They've been gathered by their lords
Their fall from grace will pave their path, to damnation!

Joakim had started singing at a low tone, then started to suddendly sing at a louder tone, marking each word strongly, then, as he pronounced the last word, he dropped the mic, making it roll twice or thrice in the air, and then grabbed it again. Suddendly, he started to sing again, as he was walking to reach a part of the stage which was completely surrounded by the crowd.

They were fifteen thousands
In the service of Heaven
They're defending their Glorious Land
It was 1421!
Gave their lives on the Hill…
Prague… will… be… saved!

As he pronounced the word "Prague", he started running, then, as he reached his "destination", he stopped for a second, and then went on singing again, as the bassist and the two guitarists of the band started making the chorus.

For the grace, for the might of our Lord
For the home of the holy
For the faith, for the way of the sword
Sacrificed so boldly!

In the name of his glory
Come and tell their story again!

He came back to his position, and then started walking to another of the three parts of the stage that were completely surrounded by the crowd, singing as he walked.

Outnumbered fourty to one
On the city’s old vineyard
The Czech people is fighting…

He stopped singing, pointing the microphone to the crowd, so they could sing instead of him, making them enjoy the show even more.

They’re the warriors of the Holy Faith
They're the warriors of Christianity
Their way to paradise is paved with pain!

All of a sudden, fire erupted. As part of the scenography, it had been agreed that Slava could use fireworks as they were used to, and, well, they certainly did not spare money to prepare the needed ammount of fire.

They were fifteen thousands
In the service of Heaven
They're defending their Glorious Land
It was 1421!
Gave their lives on the Hill…
Prague… will… be… saved!

Once again, he dropped the mic making it roll twice or thrice, and then grabbed it again, to start singing again, with a very loud tone, just as, behind him, the guitarists and the bassist did their job with the chorus.

For the home of the holy
Sacrificed so boldly!

In the name of His glory
Come and tell their story again

As he finished singing, the guitar solo started, and he then went to speak to the crowd.

"CHERBOURG! Now, we want you to sing with us! Will you do that for us Cherbourg?!" he said.

"YEAAH!" the crowd answered.

"And we also need you to JUMP! WITH US! Will you do that for us Cherbourg?" he then asked again.

"YEAH!" was the euphoric reaction of the crowd.

After a few seconds, he started to sing again, accompanied not only by the chorus, but by the crowd as well. He also started jumping, as the crowd started to pogo as well, as he sang every single word with them.

Dying for salvation with dedication
No capitulation, no annihilation
People’s commendation, reincarnation
Heaven is your destination

Dying for salvation with dedication
No capitulation, no annihilation
People’s commendation, reincarnation
Heaven is your destination!

Then the music suddendly stopped, for some twenty seconds, when the crowd was left astonished, then, all of a sudden, it started again, and Joakim shouted.

In the name of Boh!

For the home of the holy
Sacrificed so boldly!

In the name of His glory
Come and tell their story
Sacrificed so boldly!
Come and tell the Taborites' story again.

As the song ended, Joakim and the others bowed to the crowd, as another music started, and they left the stage, with the crowd still cheering for their sensational performance.
Last edited by Greater Slavic Union on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:35 am

22 Image Mercedini

Markus Polton-Mishek - Knew All Along
Tune: JP Cooper - September Song

[spoiler=WIP]The song starts with Markus standing behind a microphone stand wearing a navy suit and white shirt. He is accompanied by another man sitting on a stool playing guitar with another microphone stand to provide backing vocals, another man is playing on a piano at the back of the stage. The stage has a brown/orange hue to it as the LED screen at the back displays a normal living room with sofas, pictures, a fireplace etc. He has his hand over the top of the microphone stand as the camera shows a close up of his face singing the opening lines to the song.

My heart, it aches when you're crying
It suffers when you are lying
Because I feel like I'm trying
To comply

One week has past, I feel frozen
Floating away in the ocean
My life, it fell in slow-motion
Don't deny

Yellow glowing lights shine on the stage to give the stage a homely and warm feel. White lights flash as the beat begins to kick in, the camera shows a close up of the Markus' face as he looks to the higher stands of the arena, he hold his arm out high as he sings to the sky before looking back into the camera for the chorus of the song.

I thought we had something never-ending
but you were faking, but you were faking

The lights subside until there is a blue hue, random white beams of light flash in groups of four around the stage in sync with each piano chord that it played. Then the whole collection of lights flash in time with each snare of the song. Markus' nods his head to the beat of the song as the camera continues to show a close up of his face as the song leads up of the second part of the chorus.

That's when I knew all along, that my thoughts were so wrong
You want to be free, and that is OK with me
I should've known all long, that you were not the one
I hope that you can agree, is that the way things should be?

Goodbye! I'll remember you, darling. Guess that I'll be restarting

Random blue light beams flash once again with the chimes of the song. On the LED screen, a window opens in the living room and brown autumn leaves blow into the room and scatters all over, the wind blows pictures and china onto the floor which smashes into small pieces. Autumn leaves then blow onto the stage, giving the illusion that what is happening on the screen is happening on stage aswell. Markus' clutches his heart as he looks into the camera with a determined face, as if singing to a former lover.

This house was warm, now it's vacant
My heart beat fine, now it's breaking
I know who I should be blaming
Thanks for that.

I put the pain far behind me
Something that I couldn't foresee
Ora siamo separati
And that's fine

The camera angle then switches to the bottom of the stage, as the camera moves along the bottom of the stage, showing Markus' singing, the guitar player strumming on his guitar and the guy at the back playing his piano.

'cause I thought we had something never-ending
couldn't believe it, couldn't believe it

The angle then moves back to the central camera where the second chorus kicks in. The light sequence returns back again, the camera then moves onto the stage and circles all of the musicians on-stage. The camera then sweeps across the back of the arena, showing the audience at the front and the performers on stage at the back.

You want to be free (to be so free), and that is OK with me

The stage then fills with bright white light which subsides beck to the living room scene on the LED screen. As Markus lets out his big note at the end of the section, fire flies from the stage, bathing the stage in orange light. The living room then sets fire, which burns all of the furniture and the pictures in the room, causing an inferno.

And as the time flies by, things will work out fine
Be fine (Knew all along)

Tell me why-y-y-y-y-y

The song continues with the lights and wind occurring across the stage as the room on the screen continues to burn. The lights around the arena light up the audience as they circle around without any aim. As Markus let's out another big note, more fire flies from the stage. The final flames on the LED screen die out and leaves the charred remains of whatever was in the room. The light from the sun shines through the window, illuminating the room. Markus finished singing and smiles as he sings the last few notes of the song.

You want to be free, and that is OK with me

That's when I (Oh, ahhh)
I'll remember you, darling. Guess that I'll be restarting

The audience cheers as Markus steps away from the microphone stand to thank the audience. 'Be Realistic: Plan for a miracle! Merci Normandy, thank you so much!' The camera then cuts to the Mercedinian fans before the postcard begins for the next country.
Last edited by Mercedini on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 07, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Commentary

Postby Kannap » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Gavin: Hello Kannap, I am your host, Gavin Marone and this is Live From WorldVision 53! We've brought back some guests to help me host and to bring you commentary. So let me introduce to you the first of our two guests. You loved her in the last show, she is the president of the Federation for International Representation of Kannapian Culture, and she personally heads the Kannapian WorldVision Committee within that Federation. Cindy Clengin!

Cindy: Hello Gavin, thank you for having me again. I always love watching WorldVision and it's so much better being here.

Gavin: Our next guest is a Kannapian superstar herself. At the age of eleven, she founded the Kannapian Tennis Educational Sports Foundation, which coached young Kannapians in tennis. At the age of 18, she worked with the Kannapian Sports Federation to create the Kannapian Tennis Sports League, a national league for tennis players 18 and older to compete against each other in sanctioned events. She paved the way for tennis to be named the national sport of Kannap, making it historically the first time that Kannap has had a national sport. At the age of 20, she became the president of the Kannapian National Olympic Committee. Without further ado, Briana Powell!

Briana: It is fully an honor to be here. I am usually at sporting events for Kannap, but it is interesting to see - in person - the other cultural competitions Kannap takes place in.

Gavin: Yes, it is very interesting indeed. I am glad to have you both here. It looks like the show is beginning. Here we are being shown a video of the host city.

Cindy: It is truly a beautiful city, I'm glad to be here for this contest. I was eating some of the local cuisine the past few days and it is definitely to die for.

Gavin: Now you can see as the video shows the Cherbourg Amphi, where we are prepared to view this contest, the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest. As you can see, there is now a light, and is that? Yes, that is the National Orchestra of the host nation, Normandy and Picardy. They appear to be opening us up here.

Words on screen for first ten seconds of performance: National Orchestra of Normandy and Picardy | Orshiestra Nateonal of Normandie and Pecardie

[b]Cindy
: I am overwhelmed right, this is stunning. I just want to hear the orchestra play for the rest of the night. This is absolutely beautiful.

Briana: This sounds like it could be the national anthem of a nation, it would fit beautifully. I never want to stop hearing this, I agree with Cindy, I want to listen to the orchestra for the rest of the night at this point. Perhaps this only means that we will have some wonderful performances tonight. Perhaps this is only a teaser.

Cindy: Another beautiful song, the host nation has really outdone themselves thus far. I hope that the competition phase of the night will bring forth music just as grand.

Briana: I love it! The music is upbeat and the words are catchy, it sounds amazing!

Cindy: I could tell from the name of the song that I probably wouldn't like it. This song was definitely disgusting and I didn't like it one bit.

Briana: The words were horribly disturbing. The dancing and costume choice was definitely horrifying as well, though I did like the beat of the music a bit, it sounded okay. I don't think this song will score well in Kannapian voting.

Cindy: We'll overlook the trainwreck that was the Merecendian song, this song by the Polkopian contestant is lovely and makes me feel so relaxed. I love it. The singer's voice also just moves so smoothly, releasing the words kindly from his lips.

Briana: I got a relaxing vibe from this song as well, it was quite pleasant. I think that this song will do well during Kannapian voting. It is quite an easy listening song indeed, in my opinion.

Cindy: This was another wonderful song. I absolutely loved it. I think this song will do well during Kannapian voting, personally. The music sounded great.

Briana: It seemed a bit too upbeat for my tastes, I hope the next song is a bit better.

Cindy: As soon as they started playing, I knew that the song would not be up to my standards. I think this song was a horrible sounded mistake made by the performers. I don't think that this song will place well in the Kannapian voting.

Briana: I have to agree with you again, though I gave the song a bit of a chance for a few minutes. The song, however, was just too heavy for me and I didn't enjoy it one bit.

Cindy: This song was a beautiful one, I loved every part of it. The singer's voice, the piano, the violins, the words. It was just the right amount of sad to be considered a good song. Not too sappy and definitely not overdone.

Briana: It was a bit too slow for my liking. The violins and piano are just instruments I cannot get behind as well as I could drums or guitars. He seemed to be trying way too hard to make me cry.

Cindy: [i]Perhaps you should stay with sports rather than music, Briana. I think that this song will finish well in Kannapian voting.

Cindy: She sang a lot of words that seemed to be grammatically incorrect or out of place. I don't see this song doing well in the Kannapian voting for that reason alone. I mean, it has a good tune and the words are somewhat understandable, but that small error will hit hard with Kannapian voters.

Briana: I suppose so, Cindy

Cindy: This sounds a like lot the older style of music that we used to see in Kannap, before you were born Briana. I love it.

Briana: The sound is a bit before my time. It doesn't sound nearly as upbeat or intense as today's music. I personally don't like it.

Cindy: I love the words, the singer's voice, everything about this performance is beautiful.

Briana: Eh, my wife is a better singer and she isn't even close to being anything but a professional tennis player.

Cindy: You just don't know anything about music, do you Briana? How did we pass you for a guest on this show?

Cindy: The lyrics to this song are also so beautiful, I love them, and the song is just so upbeat and cheerful too!

Gavin: I liked this song so much as well. It's very well done and upbeat. It's a modern masterpiece.

Cindy: This song was decent enough, upbeat and cheerful but I didn't like the lyrics nearly as much.

Gavin: I thought it was wonderful, I greatly enjoyed it.

Cindy: Quite interesting indeed, though I don't think it will make the cut in the Kannapian voting.

Gavin: I have to agree with you there, Cindy.

Cindy: This song felt a bit different than most entries. I greatly enjoyed it, truly, it was a wonderful song with a great presentation.

Gavin: Very true, the song was a wonderful rendition and I think it will score decently in the Kannapian voting.

Cindy: I was not particularly impressed with this song, it lacked something but I just cannot put my finger on what it lacked.

Gavin: I feel the same way, Cindy, the song just lacked a little something, but I am not sure what it lacked. Otherwise, it was a halfway decent song.

Cindy: I certainly did not understand what was being said, she sang in the native language of Luepola I believe. Though it absolutely sounded beautiful. I believe this will do well in Kannapian voting.

Gavin: Yes, it was a beautiful song indeed. Also, for the viewers at home, the Kannapian WorldVision website has all transcripts of songs in foreign languages translated to English.

Cindy: I didn't find this one to be much to my liking. However, Kannapian voters may think differently than me in regards to the performance by our Britonish friends to the northeast.

Gavin: I didn't like it too much either, but it is the voter's choice in the end.

Cindy: I absolutely loved everything about this song. The lyrics were great, the performance was amazing, the music was wonderful itself. I think this song has the chance to be voted number one by Kannapian voters.

Gavin: I am not too sure. I loved it and agree with you that everything about it was great. However, I'd say the song has a good shot at making it to the top three in Kannapian voting.

Cindy: It is certainly not the best thing Jackson has ever done. It would probably have been made better if Brett and him did a duet together.

Gavin: I fully agree. Where is Brett, anyway?

Cindy: I didn't like this one so much, it was too loud for me.

Gavin: It also seemed way too patriotic for me. I don't like patriotic songs in WorldVision. I remember our debut entry in WorldVision 50 and I hated it for being patriotic too.

Cindy: I loved everything about this song. I think it will manage to score in the top three in Kannapian voting.

Gavin: I think it will score in the number one spot for Kannapian voters.

Cindy: I couldn't stand this one, thank goodness I was sitting. It was such a horrible entry.

Gavin: I think it was decent enough to perhaps make honorable mention if there were such a thing as honorable mention.

Cindy: I loved this one. Reminded me of a time of days past.

Gavin: It was okay, kind of nostalgic I suppose.
Last edited by Kannap on Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
27 years old, gay demisexual, they/them agnostic, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:16 pm

WorldVision 53 Coverage with Jean Beauvoir

Hello Everyone, welcome to the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest, live from our very own Cherbourg! Yes, NNN secured the rights to host the contest for a second time, the last being the 42nd contest. Tonight, nations from across the multiverse will come to the Cherbourg Amphi to battle it out to win the contest, and the trophy or whatever it is. I guess it's something to put on your CV certainly! So, of course, here we are for another round of pop, ballads and everything inbetween; God I Love WorldVision! The message of tonight is that despite our differences, we can come together as one to celebrate the numerous colours of life. Cringy, I know, but roll with it. Tonight it is Joanne who is representing us with her song ''The Call", and your honestly going to love it; no, seriously, I'm not mad this time. So, its time for the opening to begin, and open the contest this certainly does (if the rehearsal is anything to go by). The 53rd WorldVision Song Contest...

0 - Opening Act
La Voyage - L'Orchestre National de la Normandie et Picardie
Bravo, bravo! What a way to open the contest. Sure, classical music may not be everyone's cup of tea but that was spellbinding and beyond; honestly, if you didn't enjoy that then you have no soul. It was nice how we got to see people from across the multiverse, all coming together... *throws away piece of paper* Anyway, next we have...oh, its the Pain (I obviously missed this bit at the rehearsal.

The Pain - Army of Love
Now that's how you open a contest! The idea of incorporating the flag ceremony into the opening song, and replacing the flags with those costumes, is a wonderful touch; someone at NNN obviously did a good job, for once... did I say that out loud? Carrying on, the contest has truly started with a cracker, and The Pain have delivered as they always do. Now, let's see what we are being served tonight, and who will win the contest.

1 - Merecendi
What in the heavens... jesus...why? Just why? The music itself wasn't that bad; dated, maybe, but still a very danceable tune and one that if wasn't associated with the rest of this act I'd happily dance to in the nightclubs of Caen. This was apparently described as an 'artistic masterpiece'; I really hope someone used the wrong word there, or else I'm stopping the world and getting off because this was certainly not art... it was... well the theme of the song describes itself.

2 - Polkopia
Thank the lord (or the producers, whoever you wish) for this. Polkopia are doing what they know here, good ballads in Polkopian that will almost certainly challenge at least the top 10. You might think this is a bit slow and easily forgettable, but don't be surprised if this does well. The Polkopian language works its wonders well here, and aside from the 'mmmm's, which I found rather disconcerting, this is a confident and well done performance, no less than we'd expect from Polkopia. Keep your eyes on this.

3 - Kalosia
A well produced and polished song here from Kalosia, but it all feels a bit too polished to the point were it is empty. No doubt I was moving along to it, but not with any vigour. The stage performance was 'there' and I don't think it complemented the song well. Kalosia will probably do well with this, as people tend to vote for this sort of thing. It's modern, contemporary but soulless, and that's a real shame. Sorry.

4 - Zegenas
Ooooh, something very different from the WorldVision normally here, and I'm not embarassed to say I enjoyed it. I don't think it will do well with the general WorldVision audience, but I will be downloading this after the contest. It is definitely not what I would normally listen to, but I really like this for some reason. I think the little instrumental guitar section is what makes this song, and overall this is a good entry. Well done Zegenas; this is the best so far.

5 - Darkmania
What a lovely little ballad here from Darkmania. The lyrics are very in your face; the beauty of ballads sometimes is the lyricism and the 'mystery' I guess in the lyrics, whereby you know the general story, but it isn't explicit, a bit like with Polkopia. The simple staging works well here, and anything more would have ruined the entry. I hope this doesn't get lost in the voting, but I feel it will. Still, it is a good entry, and I hope you at home vote for it.

6 - Hiklarmangia

7 - Alinghi FDR
A good song, bad lyrics. The message is certainly good, when you can make it out, and although the song seems a little dated to me perhaps, it is still a good tune all the same. There is plenty that could be worked on here, but there is definitely potential; if the Alinghi's can build on this, they can no doubt do well in the future. They just need to iron out the flaws, and they will do well.

8 - Adab
Al-Salaman, again? Really Adab; you genuinely have no one else? This, however, is one of his better entries, and was rather enjoyable actually. It is not the best tonight, but it is certainly not the worst tonight *shudders" I would actually listen to this at home, but I have two main gripes with this. I don't mind long songs if they're not overly repetitive; sadly this was. Also, the staging was... interesting, and it kind of spoilt what could have been really good. Perhaps try someone other than Al-Salaman next time.

9 - Ekoz

10 - Bloodbath Generation

11 - Cosneolta
Sorry, I'm really not feeling this. This shares the problem of Kalosia in that it is well produced to the point of over production, if you get what I mean. It is certainly danceable, but nothing more, and it is not a winner of something like this contest. Also, what is the obsession with audience interaction that seems to be a thing, what with Adab and now this? The staging, again like Kalosia, felt a bit empty, and I do feel they could have done something more with this. I imagine this will do well, but how well I'm not sure.

12 - Kwadai

13 - Todlichebujoku
Welcome to the tropics! Get me what she's drinking and let me dance all night, this song is seriously good! The feel of the song is contagious, and I was actually up and dancing here in my litle commentary box (be glad the cameras were on the stage!). This is easily the best song so far, and this is easily a contender for the top spot. After depressing death ballads and soulless overproduced pop music this is something really good. Damn it, we were meant to win this time!

14 - Silvacometopia

15 - Normandy and Picardy
Woop woop! GO JOANNE! You wouldn't believe she was a beginner, would you? Anyway, yes the song wasn't without fault, and the audience response may have been slightly biased, but if this doesn't do well I don't know what has happened to this world. The slow build at the beginning, the increasing intensity, and then the hit of that instrumental... come on, we may have sent better than this, but we have certainly sent worse. Come on Joanne!

16 - Arioslavia
Ooh, I liked this! Perhaps it's not the best so far, but it is up there with the best. The music is wonderful, well produced with the Kalosian problem, and it has a groove to it that is very pleasant. I will say the lyrics are very powerful, to the point of being overbearing, and if they were going for a vivid image they certainly got one. The song was very politcial, and I don't know whether that will hurt it, but I hope it doesn't.

17 - Luepola

18 - Britonisea
Now, the Britonish seem to think we Normands hate them. We don't. However, I didn't like this song. When the song first started I was expecting something brilliant, something showstopping, but it quickly got repetitive, and the chorus was... there. You could barely identify it as a chorus. The staging was to the usual standard, and I think that and the singer's voice were the best part of this performance. The song had promise, but never delivered.

19 - Estogium
Uuuuuuuuurgh... this is... boring, blang, generic, and I really can't find much in this. Bascially, the story was 'shy guy won't ask crush out' but it didn't particularly appeal to me beyond the generic teenage-girl pop facade. Yes, it is not the worse song tonight (that will be a difficult record to build) but I won't remember it; I wonder if teenage girls around the multiverse will instead, and Liam better hope that's the case.

20 - Kannap

21 - Greater Slavic Union
I absolutely looooooooved the music. However, I didn't come to WorldVision for a history of the Greater Slavic Union (honestly we tried the whole patriotic thing first time round too, it didn't work). The crowd certainly enjoyed it, and I can tell why, but the lyrics and the staging left something to be desired. However, I actually have the feeling that this could do rather well. Also, what happened to the Lesser Slavic Union?

22 - Mercedini
Nice, simple and contemporary; there's nothing to dislike about this song. It's inoffensiveness could also be its downfall, as it could get lost behind some of the other songs tonight, but if this was a contest purely about songs well put together, this would probably do very well indeed. I actually prefer the verses to the chorus, which is unusual but I guess it isn't necessarily a bad thing. This could do well, a bit like Polkopia all the way back in spot number 2.
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:15 pm

11. Cosneolta
Orchestrata ft. Justs Prazeres - Glow

Viktor: "Okay, well this one isn't about death and suicide and stuff like that. In fact, it's quite inspiring. I like it! It has a happy, memorable presentation, and the performance was decent enough, I think."

Anna: "Yeah, the performance wasn't too much, which is often an issue we see with some of the songs of this genre sent in to Worldvision, but this one seems to work. I worry that it isn't very memorable though. That's where I can see this one losing out on some of the major points."

Viktor: "Well, the first song, what was it? Anyway, I can quite remember that one, but it doesn't mean I'll give it any points. I could see myself sending a few text messages to vote for this one, sure. No, it probably wouldn't ever be my favorite, but I still wouldn't mind seeing this one get a decent spot by the end of the night."

Anna: "Decent, but not great. I guess you seem to like it more than I do, and that's fine, but just know that I'm expecting a 8th-12th place finish for this one. Maybe it deserves higher, maybe not. That's not up to us though, is it? That's up to the viewers. But enough of that, next we have KwaDai!"

12. KwaDai
Layla al Qasimi - Waiting

TBA

13. Tödlichebujoku
SVAJONĖ - Dynamo

Viktor: "Ehh... this one is a bit..."

Anna: "Disappointing?"

Viktor: "A little, yeah. The buildup to the song was awesome, and I was really feeling it... until the chorus, and I completely lost any interest I had for this song. The staging was.. okay, I suppose. But do you think it was a bit much?"

Anna: "Maybe a bit too much for my taste, but it's not necessarily bad staging. I think the biggest issue with this is, like you pointed out, the song itself. It's just not my cup of tea, and even if I liked the genre, the song itself isn't too great."

Viktor: "I've heard of this group a bit before, but it also seems as if though the guy... what's his name, hold on. Jouko... Yeah, Jouko. Well, I didn't see him at all on stage, just her, and a mess of cars, driving along to the sound of a disappointing entry."

Anna: "Yikes... that's harsh. No, I don't love it, but some of you at home might. So if you liked this entry, add the number thirteen to the number shown below after the final song has been performed. Up next, we have Silvacometopia."

14. Silvacometopia
Helena Sydney - Come With Me

15. Normandy and Picardy
Joanne - The Call

Viktor: "YES! I love this! The performance, the song, everything works so well. This may be my favorite so far!"

Anna: "It's good... I'm not a huge fan of the lyrics, but that can be overlooked with such a strong performance as seen here. Overall I liked it a lot. It might not be my favorite so far, but I wouldn't be upset if this one won."

Viktor: "Oh, it can definitely win. So far, the competition hasn't been as strong as we've seen before, and normally, I'd say this one would hardly graze the top ten, but this edition, I can see this one getting top three. I'll be very surprised if this doesn't."

Anna: "Top three might be stretching it, but top five is a far more realistic goal. Even so, it's an impressive place for this, and it would be well-deserved. But we're moving on to the next song, which comes from Arioslavia."

16. Arioslavia
Debora - I Will Wait

Viktor: "Oh this one isn't bad at all either. I really like this one too."

Anna: "I'm quite a fan of this one myself. More so than the previous entry. THIS might be my favorite so far. It's fun, modern, and not too over-the-top. A strong contender, in my opinion."

Viktor: "It might be a bit too over-the-top. The message of the song is pretty in the audience's face, with the background and such, however, it fits. Simple as that. It fits. Therefore, I don't hate it. Combine that was a good tune, a good singer, and decent lyrics, and you've got me hooked."

Anna: "Yep. It feels good to see these decent entries every once in a while. Really reminds me why I keep doing this... but that's another story. Moving on, we have Luepola next."

17. Luepola
Alisa Vasiliovna - Meganto

18. Britonisea
Christien Johar - Him, Not Me

TBA

19. Estogium
Liam Andréasson - Jump The Gun

TBA

20. Kannap
Jackson Cullowee - Superstar

TBA
Last edited by Polkopia on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Official BVC Commentary for WV53 (14 - End)

Postby Britonisea » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:22 pm

SILVACOMETOPIA

WIP

"Right, next up we have Normandy and Picardy looking to win for the third time, but can they do it? Well we have to see! Song #15, we have Normandy and Picardy!"

NORMANDY AND PICARDY

"Right, Okay, so we have a song which was basically sent to World Hit Festival in English and totally different. I'm sorry, but they could've picked another title, like umm, "We Will Answer," now that would've been more mysterious. Nevertheless, I can't really fault the performance, it is something of perfection - with minor problems of course. I really do like the folksy pop and it really does appeal to me, so that's a tick. Normandy and Picardy are usually good at their staging, and so the embers at the start of the performance was a nice touch. I don't really have much other things to say other than this was one of the good performances tonight - well done Normandy and Picardy. If you would like Normandy and Picardy to win, they just need "The Call," come on, pick up your phone and fulfill their needs; it's 0012 3456 7815. So close to Britonisea and Estogium, but first, we have song 16 which is Arioslavia, Estogium's neighbours."

ARIOSLAVIA

"This is addressing what is happening to Europe right now, a continent in mess, I assume. In Britonisea we aren't very well exposed to this sort of thing and so these scenes may not be very familiar to you. But don't worry, things like this won't happen to Britonisea. I like the song. I am not sure about the chorus, but I love the verses and I really do like the story behind it. Arioslavia, it is a great song but will the Britonish public see you as a potential winner? Let's get voting Britonisea, if you would like to vote for Arioslavia, all you have to do is pick up that phone and call 0012 3456 7816. Arioslavia could've been our hosts tonight but lost out to Normandy and Picardy and once again, they're rivaling against each other...one after each other. Anyway, next up we have Luepola!

LUEPOLA

TBA

"Yay! Britonisea is next (finally) so let's just get them up performing. Apparently, the song has gone through a lot of changes for the live performance today and so I am very happy that Britonisea is next because I want to see the changes!"

*The Next Performances ' commentary is only broadcast in Britonisea*

BRITONISEA

"Britonisea just served up a great performance and I am very happy! I loved the changes and I love how the dancers kept on coming back for him, almost like its his past demons coming back to haunt him, I love it! I like the song as well, and sure the lighting was quite intense, I did love how it was used and I couldn't fault it. Britonisea is back in the game, and that is exactly what I like to see. Easily a great song, and one of the best performances tonight - among others. Let's do this, and let's move on to Estogium."

ESTOGIUM

"There was obvious changes to how it was performed during the World Hit, and I have to say that I like the changes that they have made. They have really slowed down the song. Estogium wanted to perfect their staging, and while it could have been further improved, it was much better. Estogium, Estogium, Estogium - I do not know what else to say. The song was good, and that's everything I got to say. Next up is song 20, and we are going south for the nation of Kannap! Despite the capping, if you would like Estogium to win the WorldVision Song Contest, after 20 editions, a long time, please call 0012 3456 7819! 20 editions! Kalosia did it!"

*Performances' commentators broadcasted in both Estogium and Britonisea*

KANNAP

I really enjoyed this song, I am not even going to lie! Kannap always sends songs which is underestimated by the voters at home, and I am afraid this is going to be another song which going to be underestimated. I can see this song getting quite a few points from Britonisea or Estogium. Whereas you have Normandy and Picardy and Todlichebujoku sending gerthy entries with a lot going on, I much prefer this entry. I really like it. Let's all vote for Kannap! Call up 0012 3456 7820 to vote for our Pacific friends. Right, now we have a bit of Greater Slavic Union! It's their first time, bless their soul..."

GREATER SLAVIC UNION

"I like the Church bells at the beginning of the song, and then the music just hit me with full force. I didn't appreciate that, but in comparison to Zeganas, I preferred this song. I am going to be honest, I don't like the lyrics because they are a bit too political, and I don't like things that are very political, but I do love the song - I was bobbing on my chair and swaying, and it is a better song than some of the songs here today. Looking at the description of the song, you thought it was going to be some bad debutant song, oh no! I liked it. I also like Slava's interaction with the audience. I am not going to lie, I really liked that performance! This debut is much better than ours, and it took us quite a few editions before we got to their stage, good on them. Will it win? Will a debutant win? It's very unlikely, but this song could place in the top half of the table, but I do think some nations will undermine this good country. Call 0012 3456 7821 if you would like this nation to win! Anyway, next we have Mercedini! They always have someone saucy to offer alongside Ethane! Let's do this!"

MERCEDINI

WIP
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Gřegoř: "Hi guys, nad welcome with me to Slavija1, for the Commentary of the 53rd Edition of the WorldVision Song Contest, WSC. I am your host, Gřegoř Břęčyščykievič, and with me, today, we have two people of very great value... let me give a hearly welcome to... Rozalia Krystyna Malinovsková, and Petr Andrysiak. So, here we are! Let's take a look at the beginning ceremony..."

Rozalia: "I am soooo excited, Gřegoř! Finally, we will be here! Not only watching it, but taking part in it as well! And we sent... SLAVA! They are an AMAZING band! I have been to a concert of theirs pretty recently, and I can tell you that they will, well, I will just limit myself to say that they will perform until their last dying breath, if I can quote one of their songs. Unluckily, that's not going to be their song today, but "The Beginning of the Legend" is... I mean... WOW! Anyways, Petr, how are you today, and how do you feel about our guys?"

Petr: "Well guys, we have been watching this show from outside for years, and... well... I think we should not be so excited having such a great band at our first entry... if they make something wonderful, people will expect the same level from us ALWAYS, and... not everybody is as good as Slava, but however, LET'S GO, full CHEEKI BREEKI!"

00. Intro and Opening Song

P: "Oh, guys! This was amazing! A REALLY good intro, and the opening song... well, I do not want to waste good words! I want to keep them for the following songs, but you already understood how do I think that was, didn't you?"
R: "Well, I know what you mean! That was... FANTASTIC! AT THE VERY LEAST! A WONDERFUL, really WONDERFUL beginning for the 53rd Edition of the WSC! What about you, Gřegoř?"
G: "Oh, well, I side with Petr... this was amazing, but I'd rather keep my compliments for when we get into the... actual contest..."
R: "Uh, I see... well then, first country is... Merecendi! I already listened to the song... I hope you will like it!" *laughs a bit*

01. Merecendi - Evacuate my Bowels! by "Flowing!"

G: "Screw you, Rozalia! This was... excrement... literally... I was about to puke at a certain point... they ruined the song. Tremendously. It had a good base, and the singer's voice was actually good, but... huh, let's gloss over it..."
R: "Anyways, if you are so crazy to vote for this... thing, well, all you need to do is to call the number 0707 3456 7801! Seriously... I mean... how can you?" *astonished, laughs slightly*
P: "Just hope the next song will be better! Let's just wait for Polkopia, a fellow slavic country, to show this guys how to do!"

02. Polkopia - Stešti' by "Cameron Poloz"

G: "Well, that did not amuse me very much... sure, it was a good song, with an enjoable melody, but... that is... not my kind of music, let's say..."
R: "I liked it! Especially the performance! But... I want to avoid arguments... so move on to the next song..."
P: "I agree... let's move on... this song is a quite divisive one, for what concerns it beaing good..."
Last edited by Greater Slavic Union on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:48 pm

23 MISTER X

Scott Malone - "Digging Up The Bone"
Tune: Robyn - "Dancing On My Own".

Scott Malone, picked in part down to the fact his rhyming name with his song makes for a good stage gimmick, took to the stage, not, however, in part down to the fact that MRX Television, for once, were not concentrating on this year's contest, as they had a major event to stage instead, combined with the move of their equipment into a building three doors down from their existing one.

The stage is in pitch black and as the song begins, lights strobe on and off. Dramatically. Scott Malone (who hasn't had time to change from an earlier football game so is wearing what is shown in the photo) begins to sing.

My dog was living all alone
He weren't loved by any bitches, oh no,
Some people gotta ask if seeds were sown
But no they weren't, and I'm Scott Malone
And they'll all just have a moan
But they don't know what I've been shown:

With most of the audience now suffering from epilepsy, Scott continues. Unseen owing to the lighting, he begins to dig up the stage with a spade.

Take out a bank loan
And get a spade, yo
Oh...
Or buy one on your own
Help me and don't moan
Oh...
I'm letting you go home
Just as my dog died all alone
Oh,
I keep digging up the bone (I keep digging up the bone)

A pack of hounds invade the stage.

I'm just gonna dig all alone
My dog's messed up, the bones are on their own
And just like me, they all groan
The dog's fighting battles on its own...

Take out a bank loan
And get a spade, yo
Oh...
Or buy one on your own
Help me and don't moan
Oh...
I'm letting you go home
Oh,

Finally the lights stop flashing, and the audience can see a big hole in the stage, which they are perplexed by.

Oh I am here, all alone
(The lights go on, audience groan)
But you don't see me on my own
(The dog has always been alone)
Take out a bank loan
And get a spade, yo
Oh...
I'm letting you go home
Oh,

Take out a bank loan
And get a spade, yo
Oh...
Or buy one on your own
Help me and don't moan
Oh...
I'm letting you go home
Oh,

(I keep digging up the bone)

The song finishes and Scott promptly falls into the hole. It takes some time for Scott to be extracted, the dogs to be removed, and for the hole to be filled in.
Last edited by Mister X on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:00 pm

24. IZMEDU
TK Prod ft. Vigora Marasovic - Freedom

Karin Volaric's 5th place in the contest in Langtree came as a surprise on top of many as RTI began to reassess the landscape after WV52, as questions began to arise out of the country's consistency in the scoreboard since Ivana Jeroncic stormed the country back to a rousing 4th place all the way back to WV48. Karin's success had also led to Izmepisma being hailed as a near-qualified success, with the sophomore outing evading the oft-predicted slump that many were worried would hit the national final format. With a renewed confidence heading into the WorldVision 53 season, as well as a charged RTI coming off highs in winning and hosting the World Hit Festival, RTI organized the third outing of Izmepisma, keeping a similar format but trying to provide as wide of an array of songs as possible given that there were only 9 slots available still. 9 songs were chosen and performed, and a clear winner rose from the group of songs. Winning with an unprecedented score and margin, the drum-n-bass collaboration of TK Prod ft. Vigora Marasovic with the song “Freedom” reached higher heights in the national final versus its predecessors, and the two entities quickly got to work on preparing the song for its WorldVision outing after Izmepisma.

TK Prod are an all-female drum-n-bass duo that have received wide critical acclaim during their 15 year career in the Izmeduan music industry, and are considered to be the vanguards of Izmeduan drum-n-bass. The duo, consisting of members MaLevak and INES (both of whom also have modestly successful solo careers), first found each other as roommates with a mutual interest in music production while attending the University of Vodiznad. A class on music production that they both took sparked the creation of TK Prod with the Professor asking students to collaborate on a production using only one genre. MaLevak (real name: Marija Levak), considered the more dominant one of the duo, proposed to INES to experiment with a drum-n-bass style sound. The idea was met with initially extreme resistance, but MaLevak's insistence was a quality that INES herself put faith in, and it resulted in a college project earning flying marks and even becoming its own veritable hit single. With their music careers on a high straight after graduation and a record label on their hands, TK Prod released a bevy of instrumental hit singles (notably, The Chase) and collaborations (“Chimera” with up-and-coming artist Andjela Matic) to chart success. These hit singles codified the Izmeduan drum-n-bass sound and gave TK Prod the unique distinction of raising a singer's career to new heights.

The vocal half of the collaboration, Vigora Marasovic, is herself a successful name in the music industry, albeit in a much more competitive corner. Vigora is a singer in her late 20s entering the latter stages of her career, with her trajectory involving a modest array of albums and songs backed by a massive hit every once in a while (her most iconic song, “Unrequited,” was hailed as the song of the year and along with Helena Dakovic, made the female ballad singer trope a staple). Her name is circulated amongst more alternative staples as Vigora is more fond of experimenting with genre than many of her contemporaries. However, her primary staple, the piano ballad, is her mark to the Izmeduan pop landscape, and her most impactful songs inspire others to create songs in the same vein.

They seem like an unlikely duo, but the creation of “Freedom” itself considering its final presented form seems even more at first blush. The lyrics that make Izmedu's entry to WV53 as well as the song concept were all developed by Vigora Marasovic as she was trying to develop a comeback single after a slightly extended hiatus from the Izmeduan pop scene. “Freedom” started life as a mournful ballad about the paradox of Freedom as a concept, and was largely based off of Vigora's own frustrations with the concept following some troubling stories of people trapped by their emotions told to her by close friends. The song, much like her breakthrough “Unrequited,” was written and produced entirely by her. However, the song did not catch that much traction within Vigora's inner circle, that is until “Freedom” was discovered in a chance overhearing in the same music studio as Vigora was recording a third take of the song, and the person who overheard it? MaLevak of TK Prod.

MaLevak saw a hidden potential in the demo, and arranged a meeting with Vigora herself after initial introductions were made. While a mournful ballad in its original form, MaLevak saw the opportunities of a drum-n-bass backing to the song, and thus MaLevak proposed on the spot to allow TK Prod to re-arrange the song. With Vigora herself being familiar with the duo's work, Vigora tentatively agreed, but wanted to hear the demo first. At this, MaLevak got to work and first sent off Vigora's third take to INES, with the other half of TK Prod being a fan of Vigora Marasovic and reveling in the demo, INES heartily agreed to put the song through the TK Prod treatment. This created a renewed synergy between the duo that hadn't been achieved in a while leading up to the meeting with Vigora.

TK Prod looked to have a viable song on their hands, and when Vigora heard the 'remix' of the song, the singer was immediately sold on the concept and the newfound trio began to devise ways to break off the revelation of the new song to their label bosses. All three artists were serendipitously on a comeback stage after lying in dormancy for 1 to 2 years. With some additional miracle timing, one of the options was to send the song to Izmepisma and allow the marketing to flow from there. With no other solution on hand that wasn't just letting the song run its natural marketing course, the trio positioned themselves on a career comeback doubled with the chance to compete for a shot at international stardom.

They didn't expect to win Izmepisma, even by such a large margin, but it had signaled to them that the song had a wider reach beyond what was expected. There was an X Factor to the flight of fancy creation, and now the mission was to simply continue it as they were on the WorldVision stage. With Vigora planned to be the only one on stage, she now understood fully why singers spent careers and livelihoods for their shot at representing Izmedu at WorldVision. This was a pressure and opportunity unlike any other, and she knew that there was a lot at stake more than just a #1 single. Perhaps even more importantly, it allowed for her and TK Prod to experience a music scene beyond just what was in her country.

It was time, Vigora got to the stage, taking a deep breath...

Stage lights billowed down to the center of the Cherbourg Amphi's stage as the Izmeduan postcard ended, heralding the advent of the entry. It would remain dark in a flurry of crowd cheer for only a second until a blue spotlight began to appear on a seemingly random spot on the stage, timed to a piano chord radiating through the arena. The shot then faded into a figure shrouded in darkness, situated on the extreme right of the stage where it jutted off to a mini-runway. That figure, being Vigora, was then briefly illuminated slightly further, though shadows remained as it looked like only a slight facade of her eyes and lips were visible on broadcast, but she was revealed to have been wearing this clothing ensemble to astute eyes. She began to sing to a well-hidden headset after a few piano chords were played, the camera fading to a cinematic view of her staring off to the audience.

Imprisoned and chained within my own guilt
Feeling the rush of the dry wind
I'm liberated, yet I am still trapped
How can I be free from my errors?

The edges of the stage began to pulse a bright blue from every piano chord that was sung throughout the soft chorus as haunting green lights began to shine down on Vigora, with her standing still as she softly sang the quiet first verse of the song, almost sounding like a piano ballad. The camera maintained its view on Vigora, keeping static as she looked down midway through the third line, singing to the darkness of the audience as the blue lights on stage edges began to solidify and shine brighter, with the dark geen stage lights then beginning to form an ephemeral square around her.

They say that sins never fade away
Guess they weren't lies
They just linger and haunt us
And I can't escape

The lights began to disperse away from Vigora as she sang the second half of the verse, her expression one of a deep contemplation interspersed with a sorrow and regret, her eyes downcast as were her vocals. The ephemeral prison lights have freed her to begin to make movements, but she only turned to the darker stage as the camera followed her expression, freezing once again as she was staring at images of a darkened street that appeared on the screens, with the floor screens now projecting a road tinted by dark green, with visible cracks shown from a brief bird's eye view. At the end of the verse, Vigora let a high note out as the lights began to brighten in intensity in preparation for the chorus.

Time to let go of this baggage
My chance to run, find freedom
Have to find a bit of mercy
Got one shot to find freedom

The dark green lights began to propagate at the advent of the chorus around the stage as they trapped Vigora in ephemeral prisons that she looked to be trapped in. The camera, at the classic drum-n-bass build-up instrumentation, made a cinematic sweep over the stage as Vigora began to let loose her vocals, an anxiety laced in her voice as she began to make her way towards center stage slowly. At some points, the camera made brief bird's eye view flashes to Vigora, showing that each step she took was slowly crumbling the road she was stepping on the floor screens. At the fourth line, the camera made a cinematic movement towards Vigora as she sang the song's title.

I'm not about to purge my ghosts
Nor will they ever disappear
I can only accept my fate
So I'll run to find freedom

The instrumentation build-up only got more intense as Vigora sang higher for these parts, the camera catching the raw emotion of a pained acceptance in her eyes as the screens transformed from the picture of a road to futuristic patterns that resembled the edges of the stage, beginning to pulse and ebb to the slowly developing beat. The light configuration only emphasized a haunting effect, with wisps of smoke around the stage looking like transient ghosts floating around. At the last line, as the camera focused on a shot of her in isolation, closing her eyes as she sung the last line...

The drum-n-bass production that TK Prod were known well for was unleashed in the instrumentation as the camera cut to a wider view of the stage that was interspersed with ever-changing angles to match the song's increased tempo, with the solid blue lights on the stages edges 'dissolving' as it looked like every inch of the stage was engulfed in a patterned chaos of thin blue patterns that appeared on both the floor and the three background screens. The left and right screens had their patterns distorted to an abstraction of a person running. Matching the screens, as if unshackled by her metaphorical shackles from earlier, Vigora made a near-spring towards the stage's center, setting herself right in front of the center screen.

Find freedom

She belted out the song's refrain as the abstract patterns on the ground seemed to be shooting off in random directions, with the floor looking to almost engulf her via a wide sweeping shot of the stage. There instrumental interlude continued, with Vigora beginning to make movements that looked as if she was being pushed in all directions by the patterns on the screens.

Find freedom
I can only accept my fate

With the chorus' last part, she found herself facing the left side of the stage as she began these parts, singing the lyrics with a power that matched the production, with her movements frenetic and liberating without compromising the vocal. At this rate, a silhouette pattern of Vigora that was made of the chaotic patterns appeared on the center screen, appearing to 'track' her every movement as Vigora walked to stage center, with the camera making closer movements as the chorus wound closer to its end. At the last line, the Cherbourg Amphi went dark after 'find freedom,' with the camera making a direct shot of the screen showing a white outline of Vigora's face made up of the patterns that appeared earlier. A shot of Vigora's face faded into the broadcast, 'replacing' the screen image as the camera began to zoom out, freezing when Vigora's face filled out the outline.

I stared at the abyss of loneliness
The prison in my mind
Spent far too long trapped in my false hope
That the abyss of pain would close

The song went soft for the brief second verse, Vigora singing with a suitably mourning tone as the darkness of the Cherbourg Amphi, coupled with brief wider shots showing the frozen silhouette on the screen, using a trick of creating a sense of scale laced with isolation on the stage that had been of common use in recent Izmeduan entries. At the last line, the face on the screen vanished as the camera transitioned into a horizontal view, with Vigora looking she was blocking the center screen.

Time to let go of this baggage
My chance to run, find freedom
Have to find a bit of mercy
Got one shot to find freedom
I can only (I can only)
Accept my fate (Accept my fate)

A thin pattern of a thick line on top of a thin one began to appear on the screen at the advent of the chorus, with Vigora holding out her hands to both sides of the screens and making it look like it was being projected off her hands. Vigora delivered this refrain with a much greater intensity from before, an anxiety etched in her face as the camera angle remained frozen, showing that the lines on the screen were beginning to ebb and flow. With perfect timing, Vigora moved to every ebb and flow, as if it had chained her to her stage position. At the second half of the refrain, the flows of the metaphorical chains became fast to the point of creating screen distortions. After nearly belting out her lines, Vigora crossed her arms into an X motion, causing the lines to turn a solid blue before she knocked her hands back, 'destroying' them.

It was at that moment that TK Prod's production roared through the Cherbourg Amphi with the camera taking a brief wide shot, causing the arena to be lit up in an array of blue lights as the screens on the floor and the back once again displayed chaotic abstract patterns, with the center showing a silhouette of Vigora created out of the patterns, once again tracking every movement as she went through the stage in seemingly random directions, the camera tracking her with constantly close angles and making it visible that she each movement she made caused the floor to 'disrupt' and the patterns to disperse, causing a visible trail.

Find freedom

A brief bird's eye view revealed that the movements caused, creating a yellow 'X' that harked back to Vigora's earlier hand motion in the lead up to the refrain. The 'X” resonated with the blue patterns, with them eventually roaming free from their shape as Vigora walked over too the left-hand side of the stage, the camera remaining wide at the last half of the instrumental interlude.

Find freedom
Lost
I may never make it out alive
Lost
Even so, I still desire freedom

At 'Lost,' the lights of the Cherbourg Amphi turned white as the patterns froze in time, and Vigora could be seen on her knees at the end of the left side of the stage, the camera making a brief revolution around her before zooming out. Despite the instrumentation remaining rather calm, the camera focused on some frozen close-ups of her face as she sang 'I may never make it out alive,' the white spotlight shining on her face reflected back at her eyes, and it seemed as if she was singing directly at it.

(I'm not about to purge my ghosts)
(I can only accept my fate)

The camera began to zoom out as the song began its final buildup to the song's denouement, with Vigora hitting a haunting line of high notes that echoed throughout the Cherbourg Amphi, with the camera closing in on these moment of passion. It was here where Vigora began to move back towards center stage, forcing the patterns to colorize and start moving. The lights flashed to the slowly developing beat as the patterns began to turn to a baby blue, making slow movements that progressively got faster as the song built up.

Once Vigora was at center stage when she sang 'find freedom,' the lights briefly disappeared before a moment before the song entered its final musical breakdown. This interlude was shorter, but Vigora looked to be in a trance, an expression of a sad happiness in her face.

Find freedom
I can only (I can only)
Accept my fate (Accept my fate)

Vigora belted out these lines as the camera entered a horizontal view of the stage, and her delivery of these lines was far more passionate, almost drowning the background singers as this time, she remained stationary at the stage's center. It was here that the patterns began to dissolve one by one, line by line into an abstract of free energy before it itself dissolved into nothingness, just pure unbridled chaos. The purgatory-like scene from the bridge slowly re-appeared, and a stronger spotlight shined on Vigora as this refrain ended.

The lights of heaven blind my eyes
I've finally found freedom

The instrumentation went soft for these final two lines, as the camera turned around Vigora and stopped as soon as a strong shadow of the back of her head lit up by a strong spotlight was visible, catching some audience members in the process as well. For these parting lines, her face would not be shown, but it was clear that she sang these last two lines to the spotlight directly. At the song's parting note, the lights shone brighter causing the camera view to be engulfed in white light before cutting to a view of the stage in its normal configuration.

Vigora could be seen visibly breathing at the crowd cheer, standing stunned at the reaction. She blew a kiss to the crowd.

“Cherbourg! Thank you!” Vigora said to the crowd, walking backstage after one last wave.
THE DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF IZMEDU
WorldVision Song Contest - World Hit Festival

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Tune

Because he broke his leg while playing football,Sextíliu had to sing sitting on a chair.

Thou livest in my hearte baby,yeah livest
Thou can't get out of my mind,my sweetheart
Why can't I stop thinking about thee,sweetie
What hast thou done to me?Please,tell me please!

Thou can't get out of my mind!(Oh no-oh!)
Thou hast stolen my heart.What can I do?
Why can't I just say that I love thee?Why?

Thou livest in my hearte baby,yeah livest
Thou can't get out of my mind,my sweetheart

Why,my sweet why?Doest thou hurt me?Oh why?
Sould I leave thee?What can I do?Tell me!

What can I do to forget thy voice?Sweetie
Why can't I stop thinking of thee sweetheart?
Why does my hearte hurts if I try to do it?
What hast thou done to me?Please,tell me please?

Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:26 pm

The last song of the contest had ended, and the Host - Marie Manelle returns to the stage, and the cameras ocus on her and a section of audience close to the stage as she begins speaking again.

'That's it, all the acts have performed and it's time for you to vote. Your broadcasters should be showing you all the numbers now, and we'll provide a recap after the interval act has finished. The choice of who will win the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest is now firmly in your hands, so
choose wisely! Now we have a treat for you, in the form of The Cherbourg Project, singing 'The Sounds of Life', which you'll be unsurprised to hear is carrying on our theme tonight, which is to celebrate the colours of life. Now, let the interval begin!

Interval Act
The Cherbourg Project - The Sounds of Life
Tune: Water of Life Project - Water of Life

The song begins with the light dim, with a slight purple colour to them, From the left side of the stage one of the girls (Marie, the main singer) walked into the stage, wearing traditional Normand dress (a long, cloth dress with typical traditional patterns). The camera zoomed in close to her as she sung he first line, bending down. The camera showed the LED floor, which showed a sapphire blue river flowing across it. As Marie bent down, she touched it and the water appeared to splash. She got up and the river disappeared, and the lights began to intensify as she walked towards the centre of the stage. The cameras then showed another of the girls, Anaïs, as she walked across the stage, flowers leaving a trail behind her on the LED floor, and then disappearing slowly. She sung to the camera as she walked across the the right hand side, reaching the middle where Marie also arrived, and the put up there hands together.

The sounds of the rivers and streams
They flow through my soul, through me
They call, they call
Because I dare to see the beauty
I only see all the good things
I know, I know
This is good

The other two girls, Joanne and Margot, advanced from the back of stage, and the girls started 'dancing' around one another, creating a complex pattern on the LED floor (their movements were traced with red lines) which had the general shape of a love heart (obviously this wasn't perfect, as you mouth to expect. During the final line of the prêcheurs the camera zoomed in on Marie, who sung into the camera with her hand held out, as if trying to encourage the viewer at home to come along with her.

Don't be scared, I'll show you how
To do the things you've been afraid to do
To live a life that is worth all the pain
I'll show you

The girls began to form a circle in the centre of the stage, from which a golden floral pattern (think Ukraine Eurovision 2016) appeared, both on the floor and the background. During the second line, they all clutched their chests above roughly were their hearts are, before they all joined hands during the third line. The camera slowly circled around them as the chorus progressed, lifting up with the girls looking up towards the camera. Throughout the chorus the lifts became more intense, and the purple changed to a gold colour.

The sounds of life beat inside of me
They beat with my heart
Our hearts beat as one
I fly above the deep seas so blue
Above the world and through the skies

The floral pattern and lights remained as the next chorus began, with Joanne walking out from the circle and the camera focusing on her as she sung the second verse, the other girls following her and dancing about one another as before. Joanne looked to the camera as the verse ended

I walk on this soft ground
Feeling more alive than ever
The world is mine (ooooh)
I feel the air in my lungs
It fills me completely
I know this is good

The lights began fading between more and less intense and the four girls took their positions across the front of the stage, the cameras focusing on each of them in turn.

To do the things you've been afraid to do (afraid to do)
To live a life that is worth all the pain
Woah oh oh ooooh

The camera panned around the stage as the girls sung the chorus, the lights growing in intensity and the floral patternation in the background seemingly 'growing'.

They beat with my heart
Our hearts beat as oneo

As the chorus repeated again, a curtain of fireworks appeared lighting the stadium and adding to the drama of the moment, a golden glow filling the entirety of the Amphi as the girls stood and sang, the cameras panning around the stage.

They beat with my heart
Our hearts beat as one

As the song ended the fireworks stopped and the lights dimmed, and the camera focused on Marie, who remained still and sang straight the the camera. At the end, the lights and the camera feed faded, with the applause for the song beginning.

The sounds of life, the sounds of life, they beat within me
The sounds of life, the sounds of life, they beat within you

The four girls thanked the cheering crowds and left the stage, and things were hurriedly set up for the voting to begin. After a recap of all the songs, Marie Manelle returned to the stage and announced that the voting would begin...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Lupolska
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lupolska » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 pm

LUEPOLAN TELEVISION CORPORATION

Hello! I'm Ksenya Kuryanskaya, former WorldVision contestant for Luepola, and I am happy to announce that the Luepolan people and jury have made their decision, and will be awarding the first set of points this edition! For your information, the Luepolan vote was calculated by weighing the televote at a 2-1 rate with the jury vote (67%-33%). The first seven sets of points can be seen here.

1 point - Kannap
2 points - Izmedu
3 points - Mercedini
4 points - Ekoz
5 points - Arioslavia
6 points - Cosneolta
7 points - Britonesia

And now, we announce the big three winners of the Luepolan vote.

The Greater Slavic Union!

Polkopia!

Normandy and Picardy!

Thank you for watching, and stay tuned for the next set of votes! Have a good night!
Last edited by Lupolska on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
praise kek

Estogium
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

With Love, From Xenon

Postby Estogium » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:03 pm

If you were not added on the list below; it's highly likely you will be included on Britonisea's list. The scoreboard will be released when Britonisea releases their votes.

02 - Xenon, Estogium
-Timothy White; Esto-Britonish Artist; Estogium WorldVision 41; Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017 Entrant

"Hello, WorldVision! I am Timothy White live from Xenon, Estogium! It has been a good contest held by Normandy and Picardy, but I am most looking forward to seeing the votes unfold before my eyes! I have been in this situation before, and I wish for myself to be in it again soon! We have opted for a Jury vote, with televote influences. Approximately 360:822, if you wanted it in ratio. Anyway; here are your first 7 points.

1: Alinghi Federal Democratic Republic
2: Mister X
3: Zeganas
4: Darkmania
5: Britonisea
6: Kalosia
7: Greater Slavic Union

Right. This is quite exciting. Right, with a total of 68/85 points, our 8 Estogian points goes to...

IZMEDU

The ten points, with 71/85 points goes to...

LUEPOLA

And finally. Our twelve points goes to the fan's section favourite, and the juries second favourite also! With a nice 75/85 points, it is...

ARIOSLAVIA!

Congratulations! And, please vote for me in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2017, Semi Final 3! Bye!
Last edited by Estogium on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

Postby Darkmania » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:32 pm

03/23. Darkmania

Christer Lockmik

Contestent from Darkmania in WSC 48

Hello. I cast the points from darkmania, (again), and is a former contestant back when Darkmania cound`t c.-code. Here are the darkmanian votes.

1- Adab
2- Kwadai
3- Kannap
4- Lupolska
5- Arioslavia
6- Kalosia
7- Ekoz

8 points goes to … Greater Slavic Union!!!

10 points goes to… Polkopia!!!!!!

And finaly, our “douze points” (12 points) goes to… Zeganas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

That conclude the votes from Darkmania. All I have to say is “Good luck all competing nations!”, and may the best song win.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:22 pm

Rozalia had just ended the recap of the various songs in the studio, as she moved to the one at their left, for the reading of the votes that the Greater Slavic Union had decided to assign to the various songs.

She had a fur Ushanka on her head, and had a black jacket with fur parts on her wrists. She stood in front of the Camera.
Once they told her it was still one second, she stood down, squatting.

The camera stood for some seconds there, pointing at nothing as she was not there anymore.

"Hm... Rozalia? Are you there?" asked one of the hosts. No answer was provided. Then, suddendly, the camera started moving downwards, until it was looking straight at Rozalia, still squatting. She then jumped up, and shoted "AHOJ, WORLD!"

"This is Rozalia Krystyna Malinovsková, from the Greater Slavic Union! Now, first of all, thank you for your votes! Secondly, to the commentators of Britonisea: that is a loooong story..." she smiled.
"But now, people of the world, let's procede. Before telling you our votes, we must tell you what system did we use. We used a system where the jury was to make up 25% of the votes, whereas the remaining 75% was depending on televote." she paused a bit, than spoke again.
"Now... our one point goes to... ZEGANAS! Well done, Zeganas!" she calpped a bit, then became serious once again.
"Our two and three points go to Ekoz and Adab respectively. Our four and five points go to... Estogium and Tödlichebujoku respectively! Well done guys with your performances!" she stops, and then speaks again "Our six points go to... Normandy and Picardy, and our seven points go to BRITONISEA! Wonderful song, really!"

"Now, let's gt to the top three... our eight points... with the most of the votes coming from Mazovia... go to... POLKOPIA! It was a wonderful ballad, and the lyrics were god as well... althoug... a bit of a cliché, but still we liked it!
Our ten Points. With the most of the votes for this song coming from Silesia... go... to... MERECENDI! That was the crappiest song ever, sorry for the words, but... that gives the idea, doesn't it? Anyways, the people voted!"

She now looks as serious as hell, as she watches straight into the camera. A song starts to play on the background... maybe an anthem?

"Our twelve Poins... with the most votes coming from Warsaw and Bohemia... go... to... OUR BROTHERS FROM ARIOSLAVIA! MOC DOBŘE, BRATŘI!" shouts Rozalia, as the song which was in the background before becomes louder and louder, and it becomes clear it was the Arioslavian National Anthem.

"Now, we let you the word guys. VOTE FOR US! WE WANT YOUR VOTES!" says she then, as the line is given back to the hosts.
Last edited by Greater Slavic Union on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zeganas
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeganas » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm

BCBC National

After another entertaining song contest, it has finally concluded. Post-performance, Candles of Capricorn and their friends/fellow stage performers were sitting in the green room, holding Zeganasian flags and being really excited. Andrew Ramirez was almost in tears but was very happy to be together with his friends.

When given 12 points, the people in the Zeganasian part of the green room were celebrating and waving the flags around, just like for Zeganas in years prior, they weren't expecting much, especially with the fact that they rock WorldVision with a post hardcore metal song.
When the one point for Zeganas was announced, the band paused their flag waving for a second and just stared, looking visibly annoyed at the rushed joke but blew it off and returned to regular talking and holding their flags up in anticipation.

Now, the points from Zeganas are to be announced by Oyoka Project's Janice Sakato, the lead singer.

Hello WorldVision! I am here with the votes for the day given to these amazing performers. Next edition you may see us do a Lupolska-inspired system of a 2-1 televote jury vote ratio.
Here are the first 7 countries, good job to them.

1 Estogium
2 Arioslavia
3 Darkmania
4 Mercedini
5 Izmedu
6 Polkopia
7 Cosneolta

Our 8 points go to..
Kalosia! Congrduations!

10 points from Zeganas go to..
Britonisea!

And now our dozen, douze point, goes to the wonderful...
Normandy and Picardy!
Last edited by Zeganas on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My main IC factbook
My solar system factbook
My 4 sapient races/species factbook
INFJ (maybe), american, libertarian-left, worldbuilder, love music
I don't use NS stats.

Arioslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arioslavia » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:05 am

LIVE
from Telgrad, Arioslavia

Dobry vecher, dorogiye damy i gospoda! Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! This is Telgrad calling! I'm here at the Lenin Square to announce you the results of our voting. So, without further delay:

1 point goes to... Zeganas! This was something new!
Our 2 points go to... Kwadai! Thank you for a great song.
3 points go to... Mister X! Good job!
4 points are for... sweet Alisa from Lupolska! Great song!
Our 5 points go to... Britonisea! Well done!
6 points... for a great song from Estogium!
And our 7 points go to... our brothers from the Greater Slavic Union! S privietom, dorogiye brat'ya!

Now, it's time to reveal our top three songs!

8 points from Arioslavia go to...
... our great hosts - NORMANDY & PICARDY! Congratulations, Joanne! And thank you for this amazing night!

Our 10 points go to...
KALOSIA! MWAH!

And our 12 points go to...
IZMEDU! What an amazing song!

Thank you once again Cherbourg! This was a great contest! Congratulations to all the participants! Well, that's all from Arioslavia for now... But who knows, maybe we meet in Telgrad next time?
Good night! Spokoynoy nochi!
Last edited by Arioslavia on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Based on Russia - 240 million people - Superpower (do not anger, we have nukes and 5 million army!) - Post-communist, socially liberal gov
Pro: Pragmatic Socialism, Social Liberalism, Leftist Nationalism, Secularism, Women rights, Progressivism, Russia (not always, but sorry - Crimea is Russian), Kemalist Turkey (Glory to Ataturk!), Israel (it's always better than another Islamist dictatorship!)
Neutral: USA, UK (I'm hardline republican but not in the UK case - keep the Monarchy!), EU, China
Anti: Christian Conservatism, Islamism, Erdogan, Clericalism, Saudi Arabia, Current Polish Gov
Male - 22 - straight - Polish - disabled - Russophile - body-positive fat admirer
I don't use NS stats
Feel free to TG me to talk

Mister X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mister X » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:26 pm

COMMENTARY on MRX ONE with Robert Baxter and Sam Smith.

Robert: Welcome to the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest. Tonight is going to be a bit like the third Lord of the Rings movie - you don't want to watch, but you've come this far.
Sam: As per usual, I will be telling you how soft I think the songs are, ranging from ultrasoft, purple, to hard, silver. Or, as we like to think of them, knife, bread, butter, jam, plum.
Robert: Right, down to business.

Opening Act

Robert: No, you haven't tuned into Songs of Praise by mistake.
Sam: That's a relief.
Robert: Let's crack on. Oh, no, there's another song.

Opening Act #2

Robert: Hello, that was pretty decent!
Sam: All right, calm down!
Robert: Good.

01 Merecendi-

Robert: Oh my word... is this nation actually serious?
Sam: I think they're related to Mercedini, but they're not Mercedini, they're Merecendi-.
Robert: I actually loved that song, though. Just not the lyrics.
Sam: A bit 00s but otherwise great. Knife.

02 Polkopia

Robert: Please, Polkopia. Please stop entering mediocre songs that always guarantee you a top 10 or something. We don't like them.
Sam: Yeah, the latest from the Polkopian ballad factory is, erm, Testes, and it's either butter or bread. I'll go for bread.

03 Kalosia

Sam: It's too modern for my liking.
Robert: Eh?
Sam: The vocal patterns and tone, they're all a bit too postmodern for me.
Robert: Well, if you say so. What killed it for me was the terrible rap-ish thing.
Sam: So we both don't like it?
Robert: Correct.
Sam: It's a knife nonetheless.

04 Zeganas

Robert: Jesus, Mary, and Joseph...
Sam: It's over, everyone.
Robert: And it seems not a moment too soon.
Sam: It's a knife nonetheless.

05 Darkmania]

Robert: And from that to this.
Sam: Talk about a contrast of songs. This is mind-numbingly dull and tedious.
Robert: I know. Is it ultra or super?
Sam: Pffft... I don't know. I'm going for plum.

06 Hiklarmangia

07 Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic

Robert: Another dull one.
Sam: Very much so. It's jam.

08 Adab

Robert: Hello there, the best Adabian entry in many a year.
Sam: Indeed!
Robert: Is it medium or hard?
Sam: Knife.

09 Ekoz

Robert: Ooh, hottie alert!
Sam: Indeed. Bwoah.
Robert: The song was meh, I have heard both better and worse.
Sam: I actually liked it. It won't be my most-played WorldVision hit, that will always be Cumdump Slumber Nine, but anyway, it was great. Butter.

10 Bloodbath Generation

11 Cosneolta

Robert: It's a bit generic if you ask me.
Sam: Yeah. I didn't like this one. At least not as much as I ought to.
Robert: Eh?
Sam: Yeah, I don't know. All the signs are there but there's no X factor. It's a knife.

12 Kwadai

Sam: Bloody hell, that was dull, despite the beat.
Robert: Yeah. The beat wasn't there enough anyway.
Sam: You're so right. It was still bread.

13 Todlichebujoku

Robert: Meh. Felt like it belonged in a Samba dancing class.
Sam: I didn't understand the dynamo thing. Are they a magician? And if they are, can they magic this song away?
Robert: I guess they're just going to sing it away.
Sam: I'll munch your balls away. If you make that pun again. Bread.

14 Silvacometopia

15 Normandy and Picardy

Robert: It didn't look promising at first, but I actually didn't mind that.
Sam: Yeah, same here. I didn't mind that. Hated that instrumental bit in the middle though. Someone turn the viola down!
Robert: How soft?
Sam: Bread.

16 Arioslavia

Robert: I didn't mind that tune, but the lyrics didn't match it one iota.
Sam: Indeed. The tune, however, determines softness. Knife.

17 Lupolska

Robert: I have no idea what any of that meant.
Sam: Me neither.
Robert: You don't understand. I'm referring to the official translation provided. It still doesn't make sense.
Sam: Yeah, you're right.
Robert: How hard is it?
Sam: That's bread.

18 Britonisea

Robert: There were approximately 7 words in that song, repeated ad nauseum.
Sam: sed mi... post nauseum est.
Robert: in lingua anglica dire, Sammo.
Sam: Sorry.
Robert: He's thrown up on the floor.
Sam: I just said that I had done... it's butter.

19 Estogium

Robert: Haven't I heard this tune somewhere else recently?
Sam: Yeah, it's Entourage's new track. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFunQ2H_2yY)
Robert: Ah OK, in that case this inferior version is inferior.
Sam: The inferior version is inferior? In other words, water is wet, the sky is blue, and Brexit means Brexit.
Robert: Shut up. How soft is it?
Sam: It's butter.
Robert: If you can't tell, viewers, we're on our third bottle of wine now, I said we'd need them...

20 Kannap

Sam: Terrible. Hated it.
Robert: Yeah, me too.
Sam: Here, pass me the Pinot.
Robert: There you go.
Sam: Jam.

21 Greater Slavic Union

Robert: Oh no, not an "our nation is great" song?
Sam: Indeed. You need some more wine, I think. That was knife.

22 Mercedini

Sam: Meh. Bread.

23 Mister X

Robert: We didn't spend much this year, did we?
Sam: No.
Robert: More wine?
Sam: Yep. Is that the 4th bottle now?
Robert: No, 5th.
Sam: Knife.

24 Izmedu

Sam: I was totally not ready for that drop.
Robert: Me neither. It just went off. The song just exploded.
Sam: Bwoah!
Robert: Boom!
Sam: Ace!
Robert: Wicked!
Sam: Mega!
Robert: Epic!
Sam: Are we going to stop?
Robert: No!
Sam: Knife!
Robert: Stab! Oh.

25 Natanians and Nosts

Robert: Was I listening to the incidental music from The Curse of Fenric there?
Sam: No you weren't, you were listening to a plethora of noise which is terrible. But yes, it sounds a bit like The Curse of Fenric. Butter.
MISTER X
WV29: 19th, debut
WV30: 10th, first top 10
WV31: 8th, new PB
WV33: 3rd, new PB
WV34: 6th, first hosting
WVYF: 11th, last place
WV52: 2nd, new PB
WV59: 7th, second hosting
WV62: 1st, first victory

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:58 pm

Adab voting results:

12 - Polkopia
10 - Izmedu
8 - Estogium
7 - Greater Slavic Union
6 - Normandy and Picardy
5 - Alinghi FDR
4 - Kannap
3 - Zeganas
2 - Mister X
1 - Merecendi
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:14 am

TÖDLICHEBUJOKI VOTES

Kyo Riese, host of the TÖBUK cooking show "Tuoreina Tánáán"

"Hello Cherbourg! What an excellent show you've given us tonight! While I wait for this delightfully fragrant lemon pepper roast duck to finish cooking," -she gestures toward an oven behind her- "let me present to you the Tödlichebujoki votes."

Our 8 points go to.. NORMANDY AND PICARDY!
10 points go to... LUEPOLA!!
And finally our 12 points go to... KANNAP!!!

"Thank you all and have a fantastic night!"
Kyo moves on to chop some potatoes and carrots
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 am

*edit 2 poits to conseolta and 1 point to estogeum
Last edited by Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

From Junsterbury, With Love

Postby Britonisea » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:08 am

10 - Junsterbury, Britonisea
-Mini Surrey North; Winner of the 47th WorldVision Song Contest, Representent for Britonisea in WorldVision 35 and 36. The Co-Host of WorldVision 41

"From Junsterbury - a small town bordering Junterapten - with love, Hello everyone and I am Mini Surrey North here to deliver the results of the Britonish Jury and televotes. My, it has been a fantastic evening, and I can only wish good luck to all of the participants today! I am ever so forward to witnessing who will the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest. Who will be the 53rd winner? How time flies! Anyway, here are the points from seven to one!

1: Kwadai
2: Todlichebujoku
3: Ekoz
4: Polkopia
5: Estogium
6: Mercedini
7: Normandy and Picardy

Lovely options there, totally agree with them! So, a great eight points will be going to...

KANNAP!

Our ten points, with 72/80 points goes to...

ADAB! Who else?!

Finally, the song that we loved the most, and for a great reason, the song with our twelve points goes to...

Our little boy, Justs Prazeres, it's 12 points for;

COSNEOLTA!

Congratulations! Don't worry guys, you should see me getting quite involved in things in a couple of weeks! Just watch out for the jokes and the songs! Bye my lovelies!

1 Cosneolta
2 Arioslavia
3 Adab
4 Luepola
5 Kannap
6 Izmedu
7 Normandy & Picardy
8 Greater Slavic Union
9 Mercedini
10 Kalosia
11 Polkopia
12 Darkmania
13 Ekoz
14 Zeganas
15 Todlichebujoku
16 Mister X
17 Kwadai
18 Alinghi Fed Democratic Republic
19 Natanians and Nots
20 Merecendi
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
WINNER OF THE 112ND WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST
LISTEN NOW: KIANA KNIGHT - SAYONARA

Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64