NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Well, I guess Echo-6 is going to get a new CO.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Post is up, short, but there.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:07 pm

Vacif wrote:Well, I guess Echo-6 is going to get a new CO.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:31 pm

Hey KFC, just wanted to point out that Vladimir's been keeping his eyes hidden behind his sunglasses. While I'm open to Graham suspecting something, could it be something he actually would've witnessed like Vladimir grabbing at his side in pain when he jumped into the bed of the truck at the sporting goods store?

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:37 am

Independent States of Tula wrote:Hey KFC, just wanted to point out that Vladimir's been keeping his eyes hidden behind his sunglasses. While I'm open to Graham suspecting something, could it be something he actually would've witnessed like Vladimir grabbing at his side in pain when he jumped into the bed of the truck at the sporting goods store?

Yeah, that's fine. I didn't realize he had sunglasses on, my bad. I'll edit it real quick.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:39 am

Will make post for second character once I get off duty and finish my online classes for the day. How the hell do people do College english? I'm about to blow my brains out over the damn assigned reading.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:25 am

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Will make post for second character once I get off duty and finish my online classes for the day. How the hell do people do College english? I'm about to blow my brains out over the damn assigned reading.

It's mostly academic type, creative ones tend to not in College English, methinks.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:23 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:Hey KFC, just wanted to point out that Vladimir's been keeping his eyes hidden behind his sunglasses. While I'm open to Graham suspecting something, could it be something he actually would've witnessed like Vladimir grabbing at his side in pain when he jumped into the bed of the truck at the sporting goods store?

Yeah, that's fine. I didn't realize he had sunglasses on, my bad. I'll edit it real quick.

No problem man.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:24 am

Beiarusia wrote:Barapam, it won't fail but neither would it go well with the people you're helping. They'd likely withhold the reward.

I ask that anyone currently in the middle of something finish up. No need to rush but I'm moving ahead reasonably soon.

But the real reward was two NPC:s, right? Unless they have food, I doubt my character would see a reason to help them. After all, they want to release starved predators where humans pretty much is the only prey! She might be crazy, but she's not stupid...

One last question: Would it count as a loophole if they went to release the animals, got attacked, killed in self defence, and then ate the meat so it wouldn't just rot?
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:35 am

Name: Jessica Ann Raines

Nationality: American

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Age/DOB: 28

Pic/Description: Standing at a height of 5'3, Jessica Raines isn't very tall; yet is capable of carrying grown men twice her size for a limited amount of time. As evident by the visible muscles hidden beneath her clothes. As a testament towards he practical side; she wear's her black hair cut to chin length and often does little to care for it. However, she does bear some distinguishing features; such as the scarring cut running along the left side of her face from her brow to her jaw (An injury sustained during an escape from a crashed Blackhawk.) Although not to concerned about the scar; she does try to cover it up from time to time depnding on how much it stands out against her pale skin.

Immunity: None

Equipment:
1x Fire Axe
1x R870 Pump Action Shotgun *
3x 12 Gauge Shells*
4x Water Bottles
3x Cans of Food
1x Set of Handcuff's with Keys.*
1x Flight Helmet
1x Survival Knife
1x Map
1x Satellite Phone with a red 'A' emblazoned on the side
*=Looted From Police Officer

Skills:
-Experienced Helicopter Pilot
-Skilled Mechanic (In some areas)

Weakness: Jessica Raines suffers from what could be described as an aversion to violence. Although she has demonstrated that she will and is capable of defending herself; she lacks the aggression or drive necessary to take what she needs despite conflict. Something that has caused her to be pushed away from potential supplies and safe areas by contenders; both human and infected. As well sometimes, even when she does justify doing something aggressive; there is a hesitance of doubt in her actions that almost resulted in her death three times. With random chance having saved from infection and/or death during these encounters.

Bio: Jessica Ann Fisher was born two months early to Madelyn and Thomas Fisher on the night of a mugging gone wrong in the streets of Chicago. Thomas Fisher had been taking his pregnant wife to the movies when they were accosted by two men dressed in gang colors. While the couple handed over their belonging's reluctantly, a passing member of a rival gang saw the two muggers and decided to 'teach them a lesson' with a drive by. The end result was the instant death of Thomas Fisher and one of the mugger's and the wounding of Madelyn.

911 was called by one of the nearby residents and Jessica was born four hours later; wither her mother still alive despite the strains of both her wounds and birth. This rather tragic entry into the world did little to shift Jessica's seemingly never-ending positive outlook on life that persisted through her child. A kid of the Chicago suburbs; Jessica only entered the actual urban sprawl of the city for her schooling and shopping when the budget her mother's job as a chain restaurant's chef allowed.

This trend repeated itself until Jessica graduated from her high school with a GPA that while impressive; was not enough for any scholarships. With her mother's salary focused towards the house and basics of living; Jessica turned to the example set by the next door neighbor, Neil Raymond, a pilot of eighteen years and recently retired. Raymond had taken to Jessica as a granddaughter his kids had never produced, and decided to help the young girl; for not the least reason that her dad had been a good friend to the pilot during the short year between Thomas Raines moving in and his death.

With the experienced hand of Raymond on her shoulder; Jessica was steered through flight school in a series of favors that let her obtain her license for a quarter of the actual cost. A fact she was proud of as she had qualified on all the skills needed, with no help from Raymond and his seemingly endless fraternity of pilot friends. So by the time she was twenty; Jessica began flying first for a Chicago based helicopter tour company. Something that gained her flight hours and experience; but offered little in ways of excitement or variety.

So she applied for and was given a low tier position within a helicopter courier service based in Chicago. This started a four year stint of flying businessmen, government officials and some celebrities around Chicago and the outlying areas. The stint ended with the apparently miraculous offer from an Illinois senator to become her personal pilot ; an offer that Jessica was quick to accept.
The offer opened up new doors; as Jessica was forced (to her joy) to qualify on the senator's new helicopter, a customized S-70 that was a gift from a 'friend in the industry'. Jessica was enamored with the aircraft and didn't care about off the book flight paths the senator had her take; nor did she care about the odd locations she would set down at and wait.

Of course the good times ended when Jessica was on vacation in Chicago to visit her friend and the Mr.Raymond when the infection hit. Within two days, a squad car filled with armored up cops had arrived at her door step and told her that she was needed for evacuation efforts; Governors orders. Her government job was even shorter then her first; when the 19th day of her new job, one of her passenger's turned out to be infected. A situation ending with her having to crash land a US Army helicopter into a park; and leaving her alone in Chicago. except for the presence of a Marine Staff Sergeant who looked more annoyed then pissed that his extraction helicopter had just crashed.

RP Examples: Everyone Knows Reboots Are Lame.

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by The United Federation of Terrans on Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:16 pm

Barapam wrote:But the real reward was two NPC:s, right? Unless they have food, I doubt my character would see a reason to help them. After all, they want to release starved predators where humans pretty much is the only prey! She might be crazy, but she's not stupid...

One last question: Would it count as a loophole if they went to release the animals, got attacked, killed in self defence, and then ate the meat so it wouldn't just rot?

Huh, I thought they had something else to offer. In any case they'd likely refuse to join up with you meaning you'd lose the NPC backup. As for predators and humans, they probably haven't thought too much of the consequences and simply think they're doing the right thing. And if the animals are killed by Infected and you decide to eat them then there's little the pair can say as, technically speaking, you didn't kill the animal and you're putting it to good use, though I'd be careful to make sure it's clean and well cooked before consuming lest you get sick.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Barapam wrote:But the real reward was two NPC:s, right? Unless they have food, I doubt my character would see a reason to help them. After all, they want to release starved predators where humans pretty much is the only prey! She might be crazy, but she's not stupid...

Huh, I thought they had something else to offer. In any case they'd likely refuse to join up with you meaning you'd lose the NPC backup. As for predators and humans, they probably haven't thought too much of the consequences and simply think they're doing the right thing. And if the animals are killed by Infected and you decide to eat them then there's little the pair can say as, technically speaking, you didn't kill the animal and you're putting it to good use, though I'd be careful to make sure it's clean and well cooked before consuming lest you get sick.

Thanks for clarifying, although I thought of a situation where a lion or something similar, uninfected but hungry, charges at her (Felicity may or may not put herself as bait) and she kills it (while likely being injured herself too to some digree).
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Hey, Paddy, autocorrect changed my post from "on you" to "in you" because Apple is fucking stupid and doesn't know how to build a functioning product.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Tayner wrote:Hey, Paddy, autocorrect changed my post from "on you" to "in you" because Apple is fucking stupid and doesn't know how to build a functioning product.

Ah, thought you were just trying to be IC funny. :)

Will edit accordingly.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Krytonus, if you feel like hanging out near the movie theater you'll be able to join us come nightfall. You'll know when it happens.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Krytonus, if you feel like hanging out near the movie theater you'll be able to join us come nightfall. You'll know when it happens.

Cool, that's why I stuck him up in the Deli so he can keep watch.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:41 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Name: Joseph Andrew Foley

ACCEPTED. Foley, despite being a military character, gets a pass since he was from the original RP. I only ask they you not be too powerful when dealing with whatever situations develop.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Name: Joseph Andrew Foley

ACCEPTED. Foley, despite being a military character, gets a pass since he was from the original RP. I only ask they you not be too powerful when dealing with whatever situations develop.

Copy that......Any suggestions on starting locations?

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:53 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Copy that......Any suggestions on starting locations?

Echo-6, an Army Safe zone set up west of Chicago.
Paddy O Fernature wrote:snip

Anyone who knows me that well knows I lack the ability to actually be funny, and that the only way I can show humor is through stringing a bunch of four letter words together :p

You can leave it if you want
Last edited by Tayner on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Posted for Echo 6. Sure I'll hit my stride soon.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:08 pm

When's the time skip coming, exactly? I'm going to wait until after that to post again with Cat, I'll have her stay the night somewhere outside downtown and figure out what to do next after the skip.
don't tread on me

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Forest State wrote:When's the time skip coming, exactly? I'm going to wait until after that to post again with Cat, I'll have her stay the night somewhere outside downtown and figure out what to do next after the skip.

As of right now people are voting for tomorrow.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:02 pm

Not gonna lie Terrans, I was slightly hoping you wouldn't post until we had that day skip since I probably won't be able to post tomorrow.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Concerning the time skip, if you need to finish things up on Day 31 then move into Day 32, that's fine, but don't drag things out.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Concerning the time skip, if you need to finish things up on Day 31 then move into Day 32, that's fine, but don't drag things out.

So, I'm assuming that the M4, the extra ammo, and the radio that were detailed in the awards section are all that's in the spare gear, right? Or are there other odds and ends included?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse