NATION

PASSWORD

1870 : Alternative Divergence [AH][IC][REBOOT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Alt Div Admin
Envoy

Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

1870 : Alternative Divergence [AH][IC][REBOOT]

Postby Alt Div Admin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:29 am

1870 : Alternative Divergence

IC THREAD

OP board Chair - Oscalantine
OP board Co-Chair - Elerian

OP of Applications and Edits - Tracian Empire
OP of Events, Map and Guidance Commissar - Novacom
OP of Disputes Settlement - Old Tyrannia
OP of War Management - Second Helghan Empire

“Men make History, but not at the time he wishes.”

– Karl Marx__________________________________

But for the sake of argument, what if we could?

Be it a point of divergence or a whole new nation, what if we could make history EXACTLY at the point that we wish?

Hello and welcome to Another Alternative Divergence, an AH/AW RP where the world is your oyster to do whatever you wish. For the sake of continuity, the time now is 1855 C.E., and nations are expanding in a world not quite yet sobered by war for annihilation. What would be your vision of a world shaped by the nation that you call your own?

Few ground rules for dispute settlement:

If it is not on the app or prior post, it isn’t real
Don’t make wild assumptions if there wasn’t a prior “claims” to your fame.

Uniqueness = strength
Not saying that you should throw ducks at people and call it unique, but clever tactics would be awarded… and Iranian style of “million men army” and American style of “I throw my money at problems and things go away” will be punished. We are here to RP, not play a game of Risk, right?

Timeskips are announced by OP
The OP will decide the CURRENT year of the IC post. This will be updated in yearly intervals.

Assume IRL unless otherwise
We have A LOT of historical paradoxes… don’t mind the elephant in the room. Unless it is app played by RPer, all NPC nations have IRL values unless changed by the players. Similarly, all histories are also IRL unless changed… which by this time around probably has been fudged in every twist and turns.

Colonial Rule
Few things to keep in mind for colonial region:
  • Colonial Rule applies to everyone not in the "Western" or "Oriental" culture. Basically, you declare yourself western or oriental, everyone says alright... you are that culture group.
  • Colonial Rule applies to colonies made by Western or Oriental culture group that is NOT connected to the mainland. So... basically your colonies
  • These lands where Colonial Rule applies can be taken without consent from both parties. You are allowed to invade, keep the occupation without resistance until the OP realizes it, then it is yours. Similarly, ex-owner can come into its defense and take those lands back.

Annexing Rule
  • Assume IRL history at earliest possible point (i.e. Since Ottomans did not exist, Egypt would have to follow post-Napoleon Mamulks or something of that nature). Questions on this can be asked to OP for more direction.
  • When attacking NPC nation without anyone's intervention, quote the post to any OPs after 1 page of occupation.
    • you can claim up to three (3) provinces at once in this way
    • Should you be challenged before 1 page has passed, standard procedure for war and negotiations begins.
  • After 1 page of waiting, contact the OP (or OP just sees you sitting with your soldiers) and it is yours for the rest of the RP until otherwise.

RP Battles
Few things to keep in mind for fighting with another RPers.
  • In all seriousness, battles should be planned rather than spontaneous. However, there is no reason to not have spontaneous battles.
  • Tactics > Troop size. This applies regardless of size difference.
  • Admitting defeat will stack in your favor. There is a list, and I am check them twice.

Firstly... unless it is a predetermined war over OOC as to who will win or lose... the OP or Co-OP will be deciding who wins and who loses

That being said... here are factors that will determine who wins and who loses.

This is in the order of significance... with 1 being the primary factor to 5 being less important factor.
  1. Diplomacy: Alliance = Less Attrition. Your supply lines are better established, your troops have morale boost since there is a friend in the battlefields, and your navy isn't as taxed covering ALL your colonies. IRL principle goes here. More participants would mean better war.
  2. Military Strength/Weaknesses: I believe I have told EVERYONE that this is important, right? Well... I have been making a separate, off-line resource of everyone's military strengths and weaknesses when you make apps. The system will work like this: how you use your strength to your advantage and how you cover your weaknesses would put points to realism, and therefore earning my bias on the ruling. Now... for those who were jerks and didn't give me all too much information to work with, or have given me only numbers... you have an uphill battle against those who have MOUNTAIN of information ^^;;;
  3. Previous Precedence: This is for fairness. If you lost a war/battle before, those points will be stacked towards your advantage. Therefore, a clever tactician can lose smaller battles to win points for a decisive battle that is to come. Similarly, a clever tactician can gobble up as much victory as possible, then make peace before "going bust." this aspect is also part of IRL wars after all, so I thought it should be involved... plus it makes everything kind of more fair ^^
  4. Quality of Post: As I have been singing on about for quite a bit... quality = epic-win. Of course... quantity does not mean quality, so be careful not to overwrite when a few well-placed sentences would do. The quality I am referring to is how clever your tactics are... how you use your terrain, alliances, your own military, etc. to your advantage. Those who essentially "A-move," to quote a RTS terms, will be penalized.
  5. Great Person: Basically your special generals and admirals. The event is already under way to give you that special someone, and it will only increase as many events comes. If these people are active in your IC posts (and not whipped out JUST for the war), then you will get advantage for having them participate in the battle. They are your aces, and they should have a lot of background surrounding them... which can be earned through your IC posts (ESPECIALLY DURING EVENTS). They will win battles, so please raise them with care ^^

Accepted Reservations - Updated 2015-07-26

[[Territories can be found in the above maps as to which territories are still open]]

Accepted Applications - Updated 2016-08-03
[[Be aware that many of the accepted apps may have the status of work in progress.]]

Accepted Guidance - Updated 2016-01-17

• Legacy of Song Continues - "Oriental Tech" group is created consisting at first of Far East Nations. Nations within Oriental culture group enjoy EXACTLY the same technology level as Western Powers and Western Europeans have recognized Oriental culture as European's equals.
  • A Hamburg spark of Genius - German region becomes the most industrialized nation in the world at start, with urbanization already well under way. Any Western European powers (and by doing so Oriental group as well) receives up to 10 years tech boost for whatever their innovation, allowing invention to be obtained faster than IRL history.

Guidance Name : Legacy of Song continues
Guidance Description : Scientific and technological revolutions occurred during Song Dynasty was astounding. These legacies allowed Song Dynasty leaps and miles ahead of technological capabilities of other nations. It could be argued that Song Dynasty was able to continue its existence thanks to its own technological feats rather than its administrative capabilities. However, its eventual fall to the Mongols saw the fall of Song Dynasty… but nots its legacy.
Under the Pax Mongolia, the technologies were inherited Mongol Empire, who allowed these technologies to flourish and continue. More importantly, technological engineering of Song Dynasty were shared with the rest of the world. This allowed Mongol Empire and to spread the engineering feats of Song Dynasty with the Far East cousins, allowing Far East countries great amount of technological advancement under Pax Mongolia.
Furthermore, with the creation of Golden Khanate after the fall of Mongol Empire, which allowed the Khanate ideals of advancement and sharing of scientific advancements, invaded and successfully re-conquered the Chinese once more, further allowing Song Dynasty’s legacies to be continued and shared. This allowed the Song Dynasty’s scientific progress to continue throughout the oriental history.
Furthermore, as Golden Khanate held firm grip in the orient, the neo-Confucian idea were unable to become the dominant ideology. Neo-Confucianism, which in current timeline halted scientific progress due to its conservative beliefs, were unable to take root in China and Far East in general. Without the philosophical bottleneck, the legacy of Song Dynasty continued, allowing industrialization to occur in the Far East.
In short, due to Song Dynasty’s legacy kept in hold by the Mongolian grip on the Chinese proper, Far East regions maintained their technological growth, allowing them to compete with the Western nations. While not superior… and perhaps not even very well spread, the Europeans had to acknowledge that the Far East were their equals in terms of science and culture.

Affected Area : Oriental Asia, including Manchurian provinces, mainland China, Korean Peninsula, and Japanese Islands. European perception of Far East region has also changed from “primitive” to “equals.”

Implications :
  1. The region of East Asia has technological advancement similar to that of West.
  2. Due to this technological feats, East Asian nations are accepted into the "imperial world" much as the same as Westerners, as they are unable to ignore the East's power

Guidance Name : A Hamburg spark of Genius
Guidance Description : In 1756 a Hansa man by the name of Willhelm Kruft, designed aachine to increase his mill's production. The first steam powered engine was crude and tempermental. But a friend of Kruft, Joseph Richter saw vast potential. By 1785 he had several businesses running on a steam engine and had sold plans to his brother Rudolf Richter who drew up plans for another ground breaking machine, it took him 15 years and all his inheritance and some of his brothers but eventually became a reality. The Richter Steam powered transport. A train. In 1791 the Hansa government bought the design from the brothers and began developing extensive rail lines in and around Hamburg.

The new railroad system allowed for more ideas to spring to the forefront. Soon Hansa became the most advanced nation in europe. It attempted to keep all its technology to itself but by 1800 nearly every nation in europe had at least begun design of a steam engine.

However with a leg up on the competition Hansa remained technologically advanced by 1850 it was clear. Repeater support guns and repeater rifles protect all its cities. Rail lines allow the easy movement of materials and people, and factories pump out goods night and day at an unbelievable rate.
Affected Area : I would say global but correct me if i am wrong.

Implications
  1. All nations with "Western" or "Oriental" technology group (again, these groups are set when a nation declares the status and neighboring nations approve of this status) get a technology boost of +10 years. As a result, technology maxim for these nations in 1850, for instance, would be 1860.
  2. Hansa Federation does NOT gain extra technology leap, but has railway network extending throughout the empire by default history. No other nation can start this heights and cannot start an app with this infrastructure development.
  3. Major cities in Hansa Federation is equal to fully industrialized cities in 1860's of IRL. No other nation can start with this heights and cannot start an app with this development.
Last edited by Alt Div Admin on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alt Div Admin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alt Div Admin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:30 am

Reserved

Alt Div Admin
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Alt Div Admin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:30 am

Reserved

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:11 am

Empire of Germania

The world was ever changing, that was no more evident throughout history than it was now. Cities swelled, factories became the life-blood of the nation, and old traditions clashed with new ideas on a daily basis. Such was the world as seen from the eyes of King Otto. In his country the people now looked to the future while clinging to the past greatness as well. A precarious balance would be required for the future of Germania, though Otto felt certain other nations were experiencing the same issues.

On the subject of other nations the king blinked a few times to regain his sense of being and turned back to the two young men before him. They had been at his side for most of the day writing his words for delivery to important persons both in Germania and outside it's borders. One of the more prominent messages was a congratulations to the man being crowned Emperor in Constantinople. While in recent times Germania and the Roman Empire had little interaction in official capacity it remained important to keep up appearances. While King Otto wouldn't personally go to the city the number of others chomping at the bit to go to the event had been extensive. An entourage of seven high profile Germanic dignitaries, an assortment of military officers, diplomats, and nobility. They were also accompanied by two dozen Teutonic Knights, while no longer serving a real function beyond body guards and the Knights were a beautiful way to show the heritage of Germania. The group would be arriving a day before the coronation at the latest but more than likely far earlier. Preceding them of course would be the King's letter.

Other letters of course were being sent to place to open doors in the global theater. Ruthenia and Cambria were the first to come to mind. With at least a pact of non-aggression and boundary respect Germania could expand it's holdings in areas the other powers had no problem with Germania expanding in. Easier said than done however as that would likely mean the opposite was true. Otto hoped that at the very least an accord with Queen Victoria could be acquired.

Emperor Julius Palaeologus Felix, of Constantinople

I King Otto V of the Germanic Empire wish to extend a message of congratulations on your coronation a wish for the continued prosperity of your nation. If it pleases you I wish to send an envoy with several representatives of the German throne to your grand city to celebrate your greatest day. I would come myself but matters call me to home, though again I congratulate you and wish you and yours a great future.

My representatives while attending the coronation and inspecting the famed city of Constantinople have been given the responsibility of discussing matters of the relationship between our states. While the city of Constantinople itself is no longer the nexus of trade in the modern world, your nation remains at a key position in the world to take part in a large swathe of trade and this is of great interest to the Germanic Empire. I look forward to a hopefully grand spectacle being reported by my people, quite possibly with an added statement regarding new agreements between our countries.

With regards,

His Royal Highness, King Otto V, King of Germany, Emperor of Germania, Master of the Germans, Lord of the Danes, Champion and Defender of the Teutonic Church, Grandmaster of the Teutonic Order, Herald of the Great Patron Angels, Chosen Ruler of Lands from the Frozen North Seas of the Atlantic to the Burning Jungles Africa, to the far away Pacific Islands.

To whomever commands the international relations of Cambria under Queen Victoria,

We thank you for taking the opportunity to read these words sent by decree of his Highness King Otto of Germania. Itis with great interest our nation hopes to open negotiations about trade and possibly further elements in the relations between our two lands. If such negotiations interest your government we offer that a delegation be sent to Hamburg to discuss with our foreign minister.

Thank you for your time.

By command of King Otto V of Germania, written by Hans Schwartz royal servant and assistant.

To Whomever commands the international relations of Ruthenia under Grand Prince Alexander,

We thank you for taking the opportunity to read these words sent by decree of his Highness King Otto of Germania. Itis with great interest our nation hopes to open negotiations about trade and possibly further elements in the relations between our two lands. If such negotiations interest your government we offer that a delegation be sent to Hamburg to discuss with our foreign minister.

Thank you for your time.

By command of King Otto V of Germania, written by Hans Schwartz royal servant and assistant.
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:35 pm

Imperium Romanorum
Imperium Romaniae
Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων
The Roman Empire

Imperator Imperatorum Imperans Imperantibus!
Emperor or Emperors, Ruling Over Those Who Rule!

Constantinople, the City of the World's Desire

Ah,the allmighty Roman Empire. The Empire of the Romans. The Empire of Romania, or the Empire of the East. Many names, but all belonged to the same nation. One of the oldest empires in Europe, and one of the oldest empires in the world. For more than two millennia, the Romans had resisted, no matter what the world threw at them. Even after the fall of Rome itself in 476, the eastern side of the Imperium had survived, no matter what the enemy. Turks, Arabs, Persians, Slavs, Westerners.. the Romans had survived against all of them, even if, they might never return to the glory that their ancestors once had..

Some questioned the legitimacy of the empire, of its use of the word Roman, since unfortunately, Rome has long since been lost.And how could an empire call itself Roman, if it did not own Rome, some might ask. But Rome has always been more than a city, more than a simple geographical location. It was, is, and will always be a spirit, an inheritance, a legacy. And while the West ripped itself to pieces, falling into darkness and abandoning Rome.. the righteous looked East, where the spirit of Rome prospered, in God's City. Constantinople.. and now, a millennium later, it still prospered. And today, a new Emperor was going to be crowned in it, like many others before. Today, the Second Rome was celebrating.

The ceremony began at noon. A small group left the Great Palace of Constantinople, surrounded by Masters and Patricians, and officers of the palace. The group was guarded by the two elite guard units of the Roman Empire. The Scholae Palatinae, made from Roman citizens, and of course. The famous Varangian Guard. The two guard units were easily distinguishable, with the proud Varangians standing out the most. Foreigners, mostly northerners, tall, strong, and loyal men, mostly with long, blonde hair, and with their war axes always ready, even if they were armed with rifles. No one could have even dared to come next to the Emperor without their consent. Or in this case, the future Emperor, who was standing out among all the others. The patricians, the masters of the palace, and all the others, were dressed as for a celebration. But among them, the young Prince, soon to be Emperor, was clearly visible to everyone. A slightly taller, young and beautiful man. He looked.. nearly divine, as if the perfect divine beings imagined by the Ancient Romans But even if he was soon to become the Emperor of the Romans, he did not look like the other Romans around him. For he had inherited the appearance of his foreign, late, mother. Despite his slightly tanned skin, he had a sandy, blonde hair, and light green eyes. He looked strong, and healthy, and many often compared to the ideal that the old Roman Emperors had about they appearances. He though, despite his slightly foreign appearance, loved by the people, the first purple born son of the late Emperor, and his best son. And soon, he was going to succeed his father in wearing the imperial mantle.

The Senate and the Patricians awaited for him at the entrance of the Great Palace, and as the groups met, the Master of Ceremonies shouted. May you reign!, and the people answered. For many and good years. And the procession continued, with the people cheering from the side of the streets. And the group stopped in front of the great Church of the Holy Wisdom, and all the senators and the patricians and the plebeians prostrated themselves at once. The soon to be Emperor gave them a sign to stand up, and the Master of Ceremonies shouted again. At your command! And they all answered. For many and good years. And the procession then entered in the Hagia Sophia, where the others were all ready. The foreign delegations had already been invited, standing next to the Consuls and the Tribunes and the logothetes of the Empire. As the future Emperor entered the church, the bells started to ring, the bells of this church, and of all the other churches in Constantinople, ringing in a holy symphony across the city.

The Church was beautiful at this time of the time, it's huge dome as mighty as ever, the light in the inside reflected on the many mosaics and holy icons. Silence was made, and as the Prince entered, the Romans stood, making the sign of the cross. The handsome young man walked with a solemn expression, not looking at the others, knowing what he had to do. The guards knelt, and stayed where they were, as the prince entered the already prepared area, and the curtain was raised. The young boy changed his clothes, and as the curtain was lowered, he appeared in a nearly full Imperial attire. The imperial costume, in Tyrian purple, the color of the Emperors, the red shoes with the eagle of the empire and the monogram of his house, and the long and heavy loros filled with jewelry and gold , around his neck, and over his head, dropped over his left hand. And as he stepped forward, the Patriarch, in his full ceremonial attire, arrived. His All Holiness, Gregory VI,the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople. The Prince and the Patriarch met each other like brothers, kissing each other's cheeks, and the old Patriarch took him by the hand, as they walked together, entering the nave, and stopping in front of the holy gates, with lighted candles, as they prayed. And then, the two returned into the ambo, where the coronation itself was going to happen. And everyone remained silent.

The priests brought the imperial chlamys, purple, with golden tablia, and said a prayer over it. And when the prayer ended, the servants took it, and attired the master. And the great crown was brought, golden, on a red pillow, and the Patriarch made the sign of the cross over it, and prayed. And the Patriarch took the crown, and the master knelt, his head bowed. And the Patriarch took it, and raised it into the air, as the light reflected itself in the golden crown adorned with jewelries. And the Patriarch spoke. In the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen. And the Patriarch placed it on the head of the Emperor. And when the Patriarch finished the many titles, the people cried out. Worthy!

Holy, Holy, Holy. Glory to God in the highest and peace on Earth. Holy, Holy, Holy. Glory to God in the highest and peace on Earth. Holy, Holy, Holy. Glory to God in the highest and peace on Earth. And then, O, such a great Emperor and Autocrat, may he rule for many years. O, such a great Emperor and Autocrat, may he rule for many years.
And the Emperor bowed before the scepters and the other insignia and the banners, placed to the left and the right. And the chanters intoned. Glory to God in the highest and peace on Earth. And the people continued. Glory to God in the highest and peace on Earth. Glory to God in the highest and peace on Earth. Glory to God in the highest and peace on Earth. And the chanters intoned again. Good will to Christian folk! And the people repeated. Good will to Christian folk! Good will to Christian folk! Good will to Christian folk! And the chanters continued. May God have mercy on his people! And the people, May God have mercy on his people! May God have mercy on his people! May God have mercy on his people!

The chanters, once again.Today is the great day of the Lord! The people, then shouted, Today is the great day of the Lord! Today is the great day of the Lord! Today is the great day of the Lord! And the chanters: This is the day of the life of the Romans! And yet the people, This is the day of the life of the Romans! This is the day of the life of the Romans! This is the day of the life of the Romans! And the chanters. This day is the grace and glory of the world! The people answered. This day is the grace and glory of the world! And the chanters. On which day the crown of the empire! The people repeated. On which day the crown of the empire! And the chanters. Is placed worthily on your head! And then, the people shouted. Is placed worthily on your head! Is placed worthily on your head! Is placed worthily on your head!

And the chanters shouted. Glory to God, the Lord of All! For the people, repeated. Glory to God, the Lord of All! “Glory to God for the crowning of your head.”“Glory to God for the crowning of your head.” “Glory to God for appointing you emperor.” “Glory to God for appointing you emperor.” “Glory to God for honoring you thusly.” “Glory to God for honouring you thusly.”. “Glory to God for such benevolence.” “Glory to God for such benevolence.”“But you have been crowned, so the Roman Emperor, by his own hand.” “But you have been crowned, so, the Roman Emperor, by his own hand.” “so let him guard you for many years in the purple.”“so let him guard you for many years in the purple.” “together with the empresses and the purple-born children.” “together with the empresses and the purple-born children.” “for the glory and elevation of the Romans.” “for the glory and elevation of the Romans.” “Hear, O God, to your people.” “Hear, O God, to your people.”“Many, many, many.”.“Many, years upon many.” “Many years for you, Julius Palaeologus Felix emperor of the Romans.” “Many years to you.” “Many years to you, attendants of the Lord.” “Many years to you.” “Many years to you, the good fortune of the scepters..” “Many years to you.” “Many years to you, God-crowned Emperor!” “Many years to you.” “May the Creator and Master of all.” “May the Creator and Master of all.” “who crowned you with his own hand.” “who crowned you with his own hand.” “make full your years.” “make full your years” “for the perfect guardianship of the Roman people.” “Many years for the Emperor!”

And then the Patriarch gave the Emperor the scepter and the insignia, and then, he knelt down next to him, and the people, except for the foreign delegation that weren't forced to do that, knelt to, as they prayed.

Pater noster, qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum,
adveniat regnum tuum,
fiat voluntas tua,
sicut in caelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum supersubstantialem da nobis hodie;
et dimitte nobis debita nostra,
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris;
et ne inducas nos in tentationem;
sed libera nos a Malo.

And the Patriarch stood up. And he said, Rise, Julius Palaeologus Felix, by the Grace of God Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans, Despot of all of the Lands of the Eternal Rome, Forever Augustus, Caesar, Dominus and Princeps, Lord of the West and the East, Viceroy of Jesus Christ on Earth, Pius Felix, Defender of the True Faith, Protector of the Holy Cities of Constantinople, Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria and Rome, Ruler of the Mare Nostrum, King of Greece, Asia Minor,and Mesopotamia, Duke of Thrace,Armenia, and Crete, Protector of the Principality of Taurica, Protector of the Caucasus, Protector of Babylon and Akkad, Voivod of Dobruja, Princeps Senatus and Tribunicia Potestas, Pater Patriae, Nobilissimus, Sovereign of the Holy Order of the True Cross, Grand Master of the Order of Saint Andrew, of the Order of Constantine the Great and of the Order of Justinian the Great, Emperor of Emperors, King of Kings, Ruling Over Those Who Rule.

The Emperor stood up. And the dignitaries of the Empire approached, prostrating themselves, and kissing the Emperor's knees. At your command!, the Master of Ceremonies shouted. And they all answered. For many and good years! And as each of them knelt, and kissed his knees, they then stood up, and the Emperor kissed them on the cheeks, in peace, and communion. And his guards arrived, and knelt in front of him, and the Emperor gave them the sign to stand up, and they stood up, and they brought a shield, and the Emperor stood on it, and the guards, from the Scholae Palatinae and the Varangian Guard, raised the shield with him. And the people shouted. Ave, Imperator Ceasar Iulius Palaeologous Felix Augustus! Ave, Ave,Ave!

The Roman Empire had a new Emperor. Long may he reign!
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Cymrea
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:18 am

United Kingdom of Cambria

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

To: Minister of foreign affairs, Empire of Germania

On behalf of Her Majesty Queen Victoria and her Circle of Archons, representing the Crown and Government of the United Kingdom of Cambria, it is my great honour to accept Germania's invitation to discuss closer relations and the future of a stable and prosperous Europa. Count William Horatius Fox, 4th Earl of Ilchester, shall be Cambria envoy to Germania and we are confident our summit shall result in an historically cooperative era between Cambria and Germania.

Ever in service,

Right Honourable Meredith Aurelia Rhys-Jones, Praetor Extraterritorialis
Royal Cambrian Senate
for HM Queen Victoria

Constantinople, Imperium Romanorum

It was quite a show of grand pageantry, but for the coronation of a new Roman imperator, Sir James Hudson would have expected nothing less. The chanting had strained his memory of Latin - required learning in Cambria - but he followed the choruses without much difficulty. The new emperor was a study in Tyrian purple and gold; as the envoy from Cambria to the Imperium, Sir James had attired himself appropriately in black top hat and tails, trimmed in bow tie and sash of emerald green, the primary colours of Viridian Cross banner that was the newer national flag.

Sir James watched as the Imperium officials kissed the knees of Iulius Palaeologous, and were kissed on the cheeks in return. Such display would not be required of an envoy, but Sir James was instructed to make a "very cordial" greeting and well-wishing to his counterpart. For the time being, however, he was content to take part in the celebration and attend to his duties as representative of Her Majesty Queen Victoria.
Last edited by Cymrea on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pronounced: KIM-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

Cymrea
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 am

United Kingdom of Cambria

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Her Majesty Queen Victoria and her Circle of Archons, representing the Crown and Government of the United Kingdom of Cambria, hereby make the following announcements to the world at large:

The dissolution of burgeoning government in the western reaches of Cambrian Columbia, and the territories of Washington and Oregon, has impressed upon Cambria the need for proper law and order in those growing regions. Given the geographical and cultural proximities of these regions, Cambria hereby officially proclaims its dominion over them and concomitant responsibilities for the well-being of the people therein.

While Cambria would nominally include the panhandle region of Alaska in this claim, Her Majesty Queen Victoria recognises that first responsibility and claim be granted to the Thalassocracy of Greater Japan. Should Her Highness the Imperial Regent, Lady Toyotomi Hinami choose to demure in this opportunity, or decide in her wisdom that the panhandle lies outside Japanese interests, then Cambria shall assert dominion over the Alaskan panhandle.

Cambria encourages her friends and allies abroad to recognise and respect these claims, as Cambria has and will continue to do in return.
Pronounced: KIM-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:31 am

Constantinople - Capital of the Empire of Eastern Rome
The Eastern Roman Empire

His Imperial Majesty, Antonius Quintus III of the Second Augustine Dynasty, King of the Italians, Imperator of the City of Rome; he was there for the coronation, as well as having brought his daughter; Her Imperial Majesty, Antonia Valentina of House Valentino, Princess of the Italians, Heiress to the City of Rome. Antonius was nearing fifty years old, his daughter nearing seventeen. They were here for this coronation because Antonius always viewed the East Romans as friends, and indeed, was close friends with the prior Emperor of East-Rome. Antonius walked over as the ceremony was beginning to be concluded, waving at his daughter. She nodded, following along.

The Emperor was dressed in his formal Imperial robes; a combination of new, modern Italian formal clothing along with traditional robes of West Rome. He was also wearing a special crown; he had one specially made for him. As he was the first Pagan Emperor of Italiae, he needed a crown to suit such; and thus, his crown had very little - if any - Catholic imagery. Or Christian imagery, for that matter. The Emperor stopped before the new, younger Emperor of the East. Antonius smiled slightly at the younger monarch, greeting him in the formal Roman manner.

“It is good to see you, again. Congratulations on your ascending to the throne, Emperor. Please, allow me to introduce my daughter; the heiress to Italiae. Antonia Valentina, come; greet the newly crowned Emperor.”, Antonius said quickly. Then, stepping slightly aside, his daughter stepped forward. Imperial Princess Antonia Valentina; she was beautiful in her elegant dress and slightly smaller crown; her hair falling to her shoulders, having been groomed in a way that highlighted her face. She had vibrant, green eyes that seemed to shine; her lips, a soft pink to contrast her somewhat tanned skin. The dress also complimented her figure, without being too immodest. She smiled, lightly, at the Emperor, and did a slight curtsy as an introduction.

“Hello, your Majesty.”, she said, her voice soft. She looked the young Emperor in the eyes, a light blush on her features; perhaps, she was not yet used to formal greetings and the responsibilities that came with being an Heiress of the Italian Empire. Or perhaps it was something else. Antonius waited, silently, for the Emperor's address; knowing it would be rude to not let him speak.

South Mauristan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Mauristan » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Kumasi, Capital of the Kosso Kingdom, West Africa

Asantehene (King) Kofi Arawole sat on his golden stool, a relic of Kosso custom and a sign of royalty, amongst his most close advisors, Otumfuo Osei Tutu, Kodjo Siboniso, Vusi Amehlo and Afia Thulani. The Council of High Kosso, as it was named had met today in the face of the most troubling crisis Kosso had faced in decades. Recently chiefsmen and Obirempon from some of the northern regions and villages had seen several Fitaa Banyin nearing the border of the Kingdom. Fitaa Banyin where the worst potential enemy of Kosso. Often armed with rifles and other big weapons they were greatly feared by the Kosso, despite only being encountered a few times and many people never seeing them. Afia Thulani, the spiritual advisor to the Asantehene of Kosso, had been given several visions of the Fitaa Banyin and warned Kofi Arawole of the danger and troubles they will bring to the kingdom. As a result the Council of High Kosso was gathered and a decision had to be made on how they would react. The weapons and tools used by much of the regular Kosso army was no match for the powder rifles of the Fitaa Bunyin. In past conflicts the Kosso had dominated enemies with superior tactics, huge numbers and the select units of riflemen, equipped thanks to Dutch traders from Uyrop. The decision ultimately made by the council was to prepare the Kosso army at its full strength of 165,000, train them and prepare them for a new conflict, strengthen the kingdoms boarders with traps, walls and soldiers and increase the rate at which roads for trade paths and travelling where being constructed in Kossoo to increase the logistical capabilities. Kosso had a rough time ahead of her, and the people had to be prepared.
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀

Atreidya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Atreidya » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:40 pm

Zagwe Sultanate

Central Bazaar, Alyabila

The Sultan sat in the carriage. Open aired and on a raised platform the fine wood was inlaid with gold and white silk trappings covered the padded bench. In front of the Sultan's carriage horses six royal servants carried the silk wrapped body of the Sultan's only son on an ornate wooden stretcher. Only seventeen the boy had always been sickly and finally succumbed to it. Sultan Arkaan al-Alyabila sat, eyes locked on the steadily swaying corpse of his son.

The Procession was massive. officials, guards, high profile citizens, at the back hundreds of civilians strode behind their larger than than that of both Arkaan's brother and his wife, the deceased Prince's mother. She had died in child birth. The first four attempts had nearly killed her but the woman wanted desperately to give Arkaan an heir. With her final attempt she succeeded losing her life in the process and giving the Sultan a son far too early for this world. Arkaan thinking back felt his beloved son should have died that day, to spare him the seventeen years of pain and torture from his afflictions.

Later in the day after the boy had been buried and the people had departed Arkaan returned to his glimmering palace in the heart of the stone city. Polished marble and glittering gold sparkled in the afternoon sun as the carriage approached. As they passed the people bowed far lower than was normal. The gestures almost felt comforting to Arkaan. Now thirty seven Arkaan had led Zagwe for twenty years, twenty years that could have been twice as productive as they had been. His family in ruins, few cousins wishing to be near the capital and no immediate family left Arkaan had turned to the people not highly born. Some of the highest ranking people in his advisers and military were street urchins and in the case of a close friend, the son of a notorious pirate from the Gulf of Aden.

However they all knew to keep their distance for the time being. Arkaan was one to distract himself from grief. He threw himself into work. Matters of his nation became the only topic on his mind, a welcome distraction at the very least.

Arkaan fully intended to keep the promises he had made at his coronation twenty years ago. While setbacks had undermined him on a frequent basis, he had made progress not seen in years. His fleets grew in number and Zagwean sailors once again sailed to every welcome trading port. His forces had been on the rise since he took the throne. While that was in part to combat the number of family members who wanted his throne for themselves, it was also a masked commitment to keep his promises. Trade was slowly growing but to make Zagwe the trading empire it had once been, that would require strong bonds between nations with heavy purses.

The Sultan exchanged his pure white apparel with gold trim for a thinner more comfortable gray robe. Two young servant girls raced off with the clothes almost as soon as he had removed his attire. He watched as the quickly turned a far corner. Both seemed about the age of Arkaan's son. The Sultan stopped himself and made his way to his library where he spent most of his time writing rather than reading now.

It was several hours before the Sultan realized the passage of time. Sconces on the near wall and a set of candles on the desk before him provided the light as the sun had long since set. However in the morning several documents would be proofed by a selection of advisers from Arkaan's circle. No need to wake them at such a late hour he felt. Nothing in Zagwe was so urgent it could not be handled with due time. Standing from the desk Arkaan yawned and placed the papers together according to where they needed to go. He stepped out of the library and made his way across the polished palace floors to his courtyard.

Before him sat the garden, kept in relative repair since his wife's passing. Each of the flowers and plants within had been chosen by her, and now they rested in the moonlight. The Sultan lingered there at the edge, almost not wanting to go into the courtyard so to avoid the garden. He leaned slightly against a pillar and closed his eyes. Trying to recall the different stages in his life that had taken place in that very spot. He remembered sitting with his wife reading news announcing their wedding. He remembered telling his wife he would be Sultan. He remembered his son taking his first steps far earlier than any doctor had said was possible. He also remembered reading in the courtyard when getting the news of his son's death early in the night.

Arkaan walked through the courtyard, every step brought another memory back to him as he made his way to his room. He fell into his bed and slept thankful to escape the thoughts on his deceased family. He twitched fretfully through the night. Dreams and memories plagued him and when he awoke the sadness and tired ache was apparent in his eyes.

The next day drug on slowly until the usual afternoon meeting with Arkaan's three closest advisers. Mohammad Idris was the Vizier of the Sultan's army, Nabeel Turay was the rumored son of a long dead pirate and now sat as Vizier of the Sultan's navy, and lastly Safar Saidi Grand Vizier of Zagwe. The three men had gathered in the library and had been awaiting the Sultan for a short time. They bowed their heads in respect to the Sultan as he entered and allowed him to take his seat and direct them to their own before moving.

"Before you say anything gentlemen we all knew this had been coming since he was born. Lets simply get to our business of today."

They nodded and took their seats. Sultan Arkaan was never one to stand on ceremony and rarely brought personal matters into the discussions between them. So they went straight into updating the Sultan on the current state of Zagwe.

After a few hours of back and forth the group broke and went their separate ways. Assistants carried the decrees and papers off to their destinations. Sultan Arkaan made his way to the kitchen. He had eaten hardly anything in the last few days. As if knowing he would be coming in the servants were already preparing a meal for him.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:12 am

Imperium Romanorum
Imperium Romaniae
Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων
The Roman Empire

As the Emperor of Italia and his daughter approached the new Roman Emperor, he was speaking with one of his siblings, in Latin, obviously, but in a specific dialect of Latin that not everyone would know or recognize, the street dialect spoken in Galata. That pretty much ensured that no one else around them would understand the two, whatever they were speaking. It was clear however that the two were talking about something pleasant, as the Emperor was smiling.

The Emperor himself was still wearing his formal, purple-red-golden attire, for the Viceroy of Jesus Christ on Earth, the Emperor of the Romans, had to look the part. But even without them, now they had the chance to look at him from a closer distance, Julius did look really well, and he would have looked so even without his decorated clothing. His foreign features matched his Roman ones perfectly, and one could say that he was as near to perfection as possible, simply emanating charisma. There was no wonder that he had come to dominate all the palace's officers even before he had been crowned. Despite his young age, he simply seemed to be that kind of strong willed person, whom it was near impossible to ignore. His siblings were, well.. all slightly different. Not in a bad way. With their foreign features, each slightly different, they were looking just as good as the Emperor, but each of them had their own personality. The one speaking with the Emperor, Prince Michael, the youngest son of the late Emperor, looked much more like his mother, with a slight touch of delicacy of his features more than his older brother. He had a light blonde hair, and light blue eyes, and he simply seemed to emanate kindness. He certainly wasn't the type that one could imagine as an emperor. Somewhere behind the Emperor, speaking with the Grand Domestic, was the second born son of the late emperor, Prince Constantine. Strong,despite his young age, with a dark blonde hair, and gray eyes, Constantine was known for his bravery, but also for his impulsive behavior, and his quickness to anger, something that his other siblings always criticized. Both siblings were wearing the decorated and very richly patterned Roman dresses, but through their colors and patterns, anyone would have been able to guess their positions. On the other side of the church, the three Roman princesses were standing together, obviously closely guarded by Varangians, but speaking nicely with the women of the aristocracy. The oldest princess, Princess Marie, could perhaps be the easiest compared to her oldest brother, the Emperor. She shared a near similar sandy blonde hair, and light, green eyes, and despite her young age, she looked extremely beautiful. Princess Sophie, the second princess, sharing the name with the church they were in, had a light, long, and blonde hair, with light gray eyes. And the youngest princess, Princess Euphemia, had a darker blonde hair, and dark blonde eyes. All of them were wearing similar, highly decorated female dresses, worthy of their position.

Back to the Emperor however, as the Italian Emperor and the Italian Princess approached, he finished speaking with his younger brother, as Prince Michael turned around and started to walk together with the Great Duke. Julius, noticing the Italians, turned around, with a kind but genuine smile on his face. The Italian Emperor had been an old friend of his father, so as such, Julius had always regarded him well. "It is good to see you too, Emperor.", Julius replied, now in a pure Latin, speaking to Antonius as an equal, both because of knowing him, and more importantly perhaps, due to the fact that his father had regarded the Italian Imperial Title to be an equal to the Roman one. But then, as the Italian Emperor continued, the attention of the green eyed Roman was attracted by the Italian Princess. He had known of her existence, and he had met her way back, when they were both little, when he had visited Rome with his father.. but they had never been introduced before. As Antonia looked him in the eyes, lightly blushing, Julius blushed a little, which would have probably resulted in a lot of comments from the Master of Ceremonies, if he would have seen it.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Princess.", the Roman Emperor replied, smiling. "I have heard stories about the beauty of the princess of Italia. It is a pleasure to see the truth of those stories for myself."
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Kayser-i Zemin Land of the Caesars
Takht-e Rum The Roman Throne
Tir Mohor, 1239 January 1, 1870

Her graciousness, Shahdokht of the Aryans, She Who Brings Benefit, princess Sitareh Sasanzade, sat on the sidelines, watching the ceremony in Constantinople. It was a truly elegant ceremony, something she was fully gad to have witnessed. There were echoes of the ancient Persian coronation rites in it as well, from being crowned by their priest of priests, to the manner of the crown and throne itself. The chanting and praise, oh how it did remind her of home. There was never a dull moment with the Romans, or so she often told herself. The Persians and Romans had been friends for centuries, ever since the threat of Arabian invasion had united them in arms, ever since a border was properly established in Mesopotamia. Certainly, the Persians held their cultural kin to the land, but the followers of Nestorius, the people of Ashur, were decisively Christians, and to the Romans went the Christians. So it was, and in return the Romans had respected Persian sovereignty over her kindred peoples: Kurds, Parthians, Pashtun, Scythians, or so it hoped. The Persians had laid their claim, but the Russians and Mongols, the Huns of times past, had stripped glorious Persia of her steppe holdings, they had bound and caged her into Eran, ripped the Scythians from her hands, and tension existed to this day.

Russians or not, the Romans and Persians enjoyed their mutual respect, their mutual trust. The teachings of Zarathushtra dictated that everything comes in a pair, that the world exists in duality. For the light, there is the dark. For the fire, there is the water. For good, there is evil. For the sun, the moon. Lastly, for the Persians, there were Romans. They were two essential parts of the world, as philosophy dictated, two equal powers whom could not survive without one another, who needed one another. Furthermore, the world needed them both. Without Rome, the Persians become imbalanced and impure. Without Persia, the Romans have no friend nor enemy to hold them together. Without one, the other becomes the darkness and brings destruction upon the world. It was long ago that these two empires recognized the necessity of the existence of the other, and so they chose, in good faith, to make the best of the situation, and to live in peace and cooperation, rather than war and death.

Sitareh watched aside with her aides as the Romans met with the Italian pretenders. Whilst the Italians were certainly the ethnic Latins, the progenitors of the empire, there could be no doubt that the East, the Hellenes, had held the true domain. The Roman Throne was Constantinople called, and it was these lands that the emperors never had lost. These lands which had flourished in the years gone by. Sitareh could not help but giggle, perhaps a bit, watching the Roman seemingly attempt flirting with the Italian. She felt, perhaps on a personal level, that there was a discrepancy in rank and caste. The Indians were famous for their castes, and though Sitareh's ancestors had tried to do away with the previously rigid system, the line of thinking certainly was still present. Ironic, perhaps, that Zarathushtra was a man of the commoners, in favor of their rights, and so Sitareh saw the world. Even still, with her upbringing, seeing the difference between the Roman and the Italian and their attempts at playful mingling was, just a bit, humorous.

Sitareh met with her sister, who had returned from a more distant part of the crowd. The two shared a platonic kiss, a hug, and began talking between each other. They both wore the dress of ancient Persians, as was custom. Both wore luxurious leather coats, reaching to mid-thigh in length, with tight sleeves hugging their arms. The sleeves were decorated, a second layer of leather over them decorating the outside with ornate and intricate patterns. Sitareh wore turquoise, indigo, and violet, invoking inspiration, personal reflection, brilliance, and regality. Her sister wore red, orange, and gold, invoking fiery personality, excitability, and vigor. Both wore electrum and golden jewelry, ranging from bracelets, arm rings, chokers, anklets adorning their fine traditional knee-high riding boots, and of course bejeweled belts around the waists of their caftans, their coats layered over all else. The two eastern beauties exchanged pleasantries with one another, and Sitareh introduced her sister to the Romans, at a distance enough to fill her in on what was happening, and the two sisters would then eagerly watch to see the course of the meeting.

The priest and guards might've shook their heads and sighed, but Sitareh enjoyed these moments with her sister.

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Hunnic Empire

King Ursus 'The Bear' towered over his gathered court members. The Hunnic Empire was one steeped in tradition. However Ursus was a progressive thinker for a progressive age. Like most of the upper class of the Empire Ursus was far different than the ancestors who took the region so long ago. The King himself was mostly German and looked the part. Tall and somewhat pale the King looked the part of a Bear as his name demanded.

A short thick neck and thick tree trunk arms and abdomen Ursus looked as though a few hundred years ago he would be known for his physical fighting ability. However that was then and now minds were the strength needed to propel someone forward. Thus the king surrounded himself with the brightest minds he could muster from his nation. He had been tutored and even excelled in schooling but no single man ran a nation alone.

Currently the court was deciding a few minor land disputes between small towns in the western coastal area. However the real topic of the day was coming forward soon. The next year's foreign policy. Most would be silent during the discussion but the most prominent members of court as well as the King's council would voice their opinions on the best course of action.

As the dispute was finally settled and King Ursus signed the ruling and pressed his official signet into the wax the hall readied for the next discussion. Count Medrul announced the topic and almost immediately the room began to be taken by heated debate. Most favored the idea of strong moves toward their large neighbor Rome however many including the King's council supported the complete opposite.

"If we do not befriend the Romans their alliances will crush us in due time." Shouted one man he was quickly answered.

"That is exactly why we must acquire our own allies, if we don't then we have nothing to defend against Rome and it's cohorts." A councilman howled.

The King raised a hand and rose from his throne. The room steadily quieted till it was silent. Ursus moved slowly till he was at the center of the room and the people were gathered around.

"We must tread carefully. It is better not to make enemies but we know our relations with the Italians has always been tense and at best cordial with the Romans. We will retain friendly ties with the Romans but also pursue other friendships in Europe and if need be abroad. As the saying goes it is better not to place all of one's eggs into a single basket."

The supporters of widening the gap with the Romans applauded and those who supported closer ties solemnly nodded. After short vote to follow the King's plan which as nearly always was a landslide the court broke. Everyone retired to their respective parts of the palace or homes. The King however met with his council.

"We have an opportunity to communicate with the Germans if we reach out. Send them a message hoping to meet with them." Ursus pointed to a councilor as he commanded him.
"Also make contact with those in lead of the Ruthenians. It is in our interest and theirs to cooperate." He again pointed to a different council member as he ordered them.

After some short logistical discussion the group broke with those with a task heading off to complete it and the other doing whatever it was they did in their free time. The king pondered how his younger brother fared in Constantinople while the Roman Emperor was crowned. Prince Belura was a young man only seventeen and nearly opposite of his elder brother. Smaller thinner and arguably smarter than the King the Prince and King were the closest brothers could be. It was stressful not having the young man's counsel as usual but the King worried the Prince was even more bothered by being not only away from family but in the heart of the Roman Empire.

Prince Belura was somewhat shocked by the immense grandeur of the capital. He stuck out like a sore thumb in the presence of the others. His dark green uniform with black fur accents showed his thin but muscled physique and the green matched the color of his eyes. He was taller than most present excluding the Varangians and his thin Silver crown inlaid with a single black gem designated him the Prince of the Hunnic Empire. He stood out of the way of the main group of people feeling rather out of place but noticing he was quite out of place. In the empire such grandeur was simply nonexistent. Belura now understood what his brother had meant when he had said the starkest difference these days between the Huns and Romans was the Huns didn't hold enough stock with the position of the monarch and the Romans held too much. Belura agreed. He couldn't imagine his brother or father or any other family member having such an odd ceremony in their honor.

As he waited Belura did feel necessary to meet and talk with the other visitors to Constantinople and eventually the new Roman Emperor. Belura eased his way into a small group who were standing nearby. Two Persian women, beautiful as the stories had stated were now beside Belura as he greeted them. The prince knew little of modern Persia, it had been a very long time since the Huns had made any sustained contact with them outside of trade. However Belura knew the women he greeted. They could be noone else but the Princess Sitareh and her sister. Prince Belura greeted the women with the courtesy expected of a gentleman of his station and hoped to strike up a small conversation. Perhaps even learn something about Persia he had not known.

To: The Leadership of Ruthenia.
It is with warm greetings King Ursus of the Hunnic Empire sanctions this official communique with your governing officials. It is with hope of friendship and cooperation that we request the negotiation of a formal trade agreement and the pursuit of good relations between our states.

Officially Sanctioned by His Majesty King Ursus of the Hunnic Empire.

To: King Otto and his staff of Germania.
It is our wish that a new approach be taken between Germania and Hungary. It is without any doubt our peoples would both benefit from a friendship of our nations. If it interests you as it interests his Majesty, King Ursus, we hope to begin negotiation of formal ties and officially establish a trade agreement.

Officially sanctioned by His Majesty King Ursus of the Hunnic Empire.
Last edited by Western Imperial Union on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:18 pm

The Eastern Roman Empire

Emperor Antonius Quintus III was not new to 'teenagers', nor to the idea of... flirtation. And, when he saw the Emperor and his daughter start to get along? Well... he found an excuse. He excused himself from the small group, to go greet some other dignitaries and such. Meanwhile, the Imperial Princess smiled at Julius. She was now relaxed, and hearing his compliment had intensified her blush. He thought she was beautiful? Antonia had to resist the urge to giggle in delight. She brushed her hair from her face, playing with it slightly along her finger as she looked away from Julius.

“U-Um... thank you, Majesty. You are... quite handsome, as well.”, she stuttered out, and then mentally berated herself for sounding so incompetent. But it was true, the Emperor was quite handsome. The Imperial Princess knew that if her father saw this, or was nearby, he'd make some rather embarrassing comments. Antonia continued to play with her hair for a moment, before stopping; looking at the Emperor, hoping he took well to her compliment. Antonia bit her lip slightly, her face still light with a minor blush.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:10 am

Western Imperial Union wrote:As he waited Belura did feel necessary to meet and talk with the other visitors to Constantinople and eventually the new Roman Emperor. Belura eased his way into a small group who were standing nearby. Two Persian women, beautiful as the stories had stated were now beside Belura as he greeted them. The prince knew little of modern Persia, it had been a very long time since the Huns had made any sustained contact with them outside of trade. However Belura knew the women he greeted. They could be noone else but the Princess Sitareh and her sister. Prince Belura greeted the women with the courtesy expected of a gentleman of his station and hoped to strike up a small conversation. Perhaps even learn something about Persia he had not known.

Sitareh and Puran, two regal princesses in the court of the Byzantines, and the elder to undergo official coronation later this year, were soon approached by a curiosity. This curiosity, a Varangian prince of great stature, interrupted their petty joys at observing the Romans and Italians have their awkward mingling. Sitareh took a moment to size up the man before her. He was tall, no doubt. He appeared as a Varangian, although his costume would suggest the steppe. Seeing as the Goths were an unlikely choice, and the specific stylings were not attributable to Gothic design, she came to the swift conclusion that the man before her was, in fact, a Hunnic prince.

A Hun? she thought, How...interesting. The Huns were always off to the sides for most people, for the Romans considered them barbarians in blood if not by culture, whilst the Persians always had more important things to tend to, more immediate. One thing that the Nation of Eran had not forgotten, something that all Aryans still clung to, was the removal of the Scythians from their dominance in the steppe. The Alani, the remnants of the once-great Sarmatians, now lived amidst the Caucasians in the mountains. Although a good few remain as herders, they've fallen from grace by far. These collective memories had given the Sassanids a sense of revanchism, a desire to conquer the steppe in their name. Sitareh had been told just as her father had, as his father had, and so on, that should the steppe be retaken, the Alani were to be given opportunity and incentive to repopulate it with their traditional culture, a new homeland for them.

She could not fault the modern Huns, though. They no longer ruled the steppe, and under Attila they at least put in effort to not entirely displacing the Scythians. Indeed, these folk were from Pannonia and Illyria, leaving those odd Albanian folk, the indigenous Illyrians, under their yoke. The Huns were never so good at displacing, replacing, and assimilating, she supposed. It was never their modus operandi, never their strategy. And, seemingly, it worked. The Persians followed a similar method, and had for all their time. Zarathushtra demanded it be so, and tolerance of all was the guiding philosophy. At least, as far as anyone could be concerned.

The two sisters could not help but notice how tall the Hun was. Even in their beautifully crafted riding boots, whose heels were not negligible, he easily surpassed both sisters. Puran began getting on her toes, trying to get every bit of extra height, but Sitareh pulled her back down and gave a small smile to the prince as he introduced himself. Sitareh bowed her head, just a little, to the Hun and then crossed her arms. This gesture brought attention to the well-embroidered sleeves of her fine kidskin coat, which although were not highlighted by various colors, did appear to have ornate patterns etched into them, the appliques demonstrating, in simple visuals, the wealth and nobility of the women in both fine material and expensive design. Puran wore much the same of an outer layer, although hers was fashioned from squirrel, with tufts of fur poking from the sleeves. Sitareh introduced herself at last, "Az molaghat-e shomâ khosh vaghtam, I am Shahdokht Sitareh Sasanzade, of the Sasani. This here..." she nudged her sister, "is Shahdokht Purandokht. I must say, we were not expecting to see such a visitor of...such stature here, aside from the guards." she let out a small, coy giggle.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:48 pm

Imperium Romanorum
Imperium Romaniae
Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων
The Roman Empire

After saluting the Italian Emperor, who had left them to talk with the Grand Logothete of the Imperium, Julius looked back at Antonia, smiling. Her comment had been maybe a little awkward, but the way she had stuttered it, while blushing, had been really cute. Always hearing all the praises of the people around him, having been prepared to rule ever since he was little.. Julius had gotten a little sick of all of it. So a slightly awkward but nice comment from her was certainly much nicer than all the usual praise he was receiving. Despite of course, his deep respect for traditions, Julius often wished to truly modernize the bureaucracy of the empire. There was no wonder that he was extremely popular with the Vox Populi, the popular faction of the Senate. Of course, how well he would be able to do that had to be seen.

"Being praised by you, princess, fills my heart with joy.", Julius answered. "Have you ever been to Constantinople before, princess?"

Meanwhile, the Persian princesses and the Hunnic prince were approached by a Roman, escorted by two Varangians, which already gave a lot of clues about his position. Tall enough for his young age, although obviously not as tall as the Hun, he had light blonde hair and light blue eyes, both inherited from his mother, and he simply had a certain delicacy in his features, which made him look friendly, and kind. He was wearing a similar, Roman outfit like that of his oldest brother, and the purple of his attire made it pretty clear that he was a member of the Imperial Family. A Porphyrogenitus Prince, of course. The two Varangians next to him were in a sharp contrast, even taller than the foreign prince, strong, and menacing, with their war axes visible. They were foreigners indeed, but their loyalty was nothing short of legendary. Woe to those who would dare to threaten a member of the Imperial Family in the presence of the Varangians. Woe to those who would dare to meet this elite guard on the battlefield. But now, they were in the Hagia Sophia, the most sacred church of Orthodoxy, among friends. There were no threats, there was no need to be aggressive. So as the Roman prince arrived next to the foreigners, the Varangians stepped aside. The blue eyed Roman sighed, clearly at least a little annoyed by their excessive protection.. but well, customs were customs. Approaching the three foreigners, the Roman started to speak in Persian, with a small, barely noticeable Roman accent.. "Mānda nabāšī, Shahdokht Sitareh Sasanzade, Shahdokht Purandokht. I am Michael Palaeologus Aelianus, Prince of the Roman Empire, Despot of Morea. In the name of my older brother, Imperator Ceasar Iulius Palaeologous Felix Augustus, I would like to warmly welcome you to Constantinople. My older brother is.. busy, right now, but I hope that the beautiful princesses of Persia will find my presence acceptable. Constantinople is delighted to host two princesses of the great Persian Empire.", Michael said, smiling, before turning towards the Hun, switching to Latin. "Prince Belura, as I told the two princesses, I am Michael Palaeologus Aelianus, Prince of the Roman Empire, Despot of Morea. I would like to officially welcome you to Constantinople, in the name of my older brother, the Emperor. We are glad that you have managed to attend this ceremony. " Despite the situation, Michael made no other comments, maintaining his demeanor.

Imperium Romanorum
Imperium Romaniae
Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων
The Roman Empire

To His Royal Highness, King Otto V, King of Germany, Emperor of Germania, Master of the Germans, Lord of the Danes, Champion and Defender of the Teutonic Church, Grandmaster of the Teutonic Order, Herald of the Great Patron Angels, Chosen Ruler of Lands from the Frozen North Seas of the Atlantic to the Burning Jungles Africa, to the far away Pacific Islands.

To his Royal Highness, the King of Germany. I, Emperor Julius Palaeologus Felix of the Romans am delighted to have received your message of congratulations. I would like to wish the same to your Highness, and to the Great German Empire. The Roman Empire wishes to have the best relations possible with Germania, and we thank you for sending envoys to Constantinople. They will be treated with all the respect necessary for their ranks, and we hope that they will enjoy the celebrations, and the city. Constantinople might not be the nexus of of trade in the modern world anymore, it has certainly never lost the title of "the City of the World's Desire." The envoys will be invited to talk with myself and with the Logothete of the Course, and we will also send our envoys to Germania.

May the fate smile to both our empires.

Signed by,

His Imperial Majesty, Julius Palaeologus Felix, by the Grace of God Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans, Despot of all of the Lands of the Eternal Rome, Forever Augustus, Caesar, Dominus and Princeps, Viceroy of Christ on Earth, Pius Felix, Defender of the True Faith, King of Greece, Asia Minor, and Mesopotamia, Duke of Thrace, Libya, Armenia, and Crete, Protector of Babylon, Dominus of Dacia,High Consul and Tribunicia Potestas, Invictus, Dacicus, Aegypricus, Mesopotamicus, Pater Patriae, Nobilissimus, Emperor of Emperors, King of Kings, Ruling Over Those Who Rule.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:18 pm

The Eastern Roman Empire

Antonia smiled brightly when he welcomed her compliment, and for some reason, it made her feel really good that he was joyous from her compliment. She felt like... a fluttering within her, and her blush slightly intensified. At his question, Antonia had to think... had she been to Constantinople? Perhaps, a long time ago, when she was little... she couldn't remember, in all honesty. Antonia, deciding that she couldn't remember the last time she was in Constantinople, decided to answer the Emperor honestly, a shy look entering her face.

“Not... since I was little, I don't think. Maybe?”, she bit her lip, “...Maybe you could... give me a tour, while my father and I are here?”, she sounded hopeful. She really liked the Emperor so far, and, from what she could tell, he seemed... well, he just seemed amazing so far despite only having met him so briefly. She hoped he accepted and gave her a tour. She wanted to get to know the new Emperor. She knew she was going to have to, anyway, for she was going to be Empress of Italiae eventually. Antonia bit her lip again, rubbing her arm anxiously.

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:33 pm

Hunnic Empire

Prince Belura spoke the women's language among several others, but had a very thick accent. He smiled warmly at them as they introduced themselves to him. Belura was rather excited. He spent a large amount of time studying and researching foreign nations and history of as many places as possible. His mind had always been drawn to learn all he could. Fighting the urge to cut through any proper discussion and ask about their homeland Belura was slightly relieved when the Roman Prince arrived.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you." Belura said, now in a more fluent Latin compared to the Persian he had greeted the women with.

Turning slightly more to the prince. Belura felt necessary to excuse his elder brother for his absence as the two nations had a standing peace and it could have been misconstrued at the journey was neither long nor difficult.

"Please excuse my elder brother's absence from this event. The Bear is always working on some kind of policy or directive to try and make my homeland more efficient. However when I describe how beautiful the city and everything else here is, perhaps he will be jealous of the fact he sent me in his stead." Belura glanced at the two Persians as he had spoke of the city's beauty. He now thought less about grilling them for information on their homeland and far more about what to actually say to them.

"I feel inclined to ask all of you if their a some specific places I should visit in this city during my stay. I am sure with such an event the new Emperor will need time to handle the festivities and settle in before I try and talk to him about any matters between the Hunnic Empire and Roman Empire." Belura continued to smile warmly and split his focus between the three.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:05 pm

Sitareh smiled, even though the ancient Persian customs had not been followed, she could hardly fault the Romans, nor the Huns, for their customs were different, and she was a guest in their land. She gave a bow to the Roman, and remained engaged in watching the discourse, however brief, between the Roman and the Hun. Hearing the question posed, she responded in a soft, almost sultry, voice, and spoke in the Greek tongue. She had always found it easier than Latin, and she knew the others almost certainly understood it.

"I hear the brothels are the finest in the world, where the girls sometimes even rise to the throne!" she let out a coy laugh as Puran nudged her in the side. Sitareh had her fun, certainly, and her education in the ways of the Romans, in their history and customs, had proven invaluable at private jokes and mockery. This time, she of course referenced Theodora. The wife of Justinian, she had gained quite the positive historical reputation. Many forget, however, her more humble origins. "The girls dance and twirl, their skirts like budding flowers. Quite the show, I've heard."

Sitareh thought of her native land, where the dancers with quivering thighs clapped their bells and twirled all the same, mirrors sewn to their skirts reflecting and shining, twinkling in the oft dim light where such dances did occur. It was family entertainment, and one of Persia's most ancient arts. Both Sitareh and Puran were educated in this style, as well as other Persic arts such as calligraphy and fluid drawing. In many respects, she had come to realize the similarity between the Persic and Indic arts. Of course, they were closely related. It had been common knowledge for centuries. However, in moments like these, of isolated thought, it was most readily and easily able to be appreciated.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:23 am

Imperium Romanorum
Imperium Romaniae
Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων
The Roman Empire

"Of course, it would be my pleasure to give you a tour. That was exactly what I was going to ask.", the Roman Emperor answered, still smiling. "It would be a shame not to visit Constantinople while being here. I am sure that the Old Rome is a sight to behold, but even if my point of view might be biased.. I truly think that Constantinople is the more beautiful city. It is known as the Queen of Cities for a very good reason.. and of course, it has the fame of being the City of the World's Desire. I am more than sure that you will enjoy visiting it. I was born after all, and even if my father never liked, me and my siblings often ran away from the palace, whenever we could. Especially in Galata. "

Even if the Italian princess seemed to be a little anxious about it, the Roman seemed to be pretty calm, happy even. "So if you wish to visit Constantinople, I can offer you a complete tour, princess."

Meanwhile, Prince Michael answered to the Hunnic Prince in Latin. "It is a pleasure to meet you too, Prince Belura.", the Roman Prince answered, keeping his calm and diplomatic composure, regardless of his personal opinions about the Huns and their state. "There is no problem, certainly. We know that Hunnic King has a lot of business to attend to. I am sure that my older brother will be more than delighted to speak with you instead." As the blonde Roman stopped a few seconds to think about how to answer the question of Prince Belura, the Persian Princess spoke in Greek, and Michael smiled, getting the reference. Theodora was certainly a.. respected, but controversial figure in the history of the Romans, but even if her origin wasn't exactly often mentioned, he was fully aware of it. Michael then spoke in a Greek, that like his Latin, was absolutely perfect, the two languages being of course, what one could considered to be his mother tongues.

"What the princess has said is indeed true. Constantinople isn't known as the City of the World's Desire for nothing.. and even if in the last centuries, no girls from there have risen to the throne again, the city's brothels are probably some of the best in the world. The show is indeed.. quite interesting.", Michael explained. The Roman culture found no shame in the existence of brothels, and as such, the Prince wasn't embarrassed at all to speak about them, expressing even a little bit of pride at what could be considered an achievement of his native city. "The Eparchy of Constantinople is taking a lot of care of the brothels. All of them are required to respect a standard of quality, and to be properly registered and organized. " The Roman pragmatism seemed to be shown even here. "We also make sure that none of the meretrices are forced to do their job under threats or anything of the sort, and that they work there under their own free will. We make sure that they are not exploited in any way, and that's why unregistered brothels are illegal." Michael then looked at the foreigners. "If well, any of you would be interested to visit a brothel, we will make sure that you will visit the best ones that we can offer. Or if you're simply interested in the show, our girls can certainly provide you with an entertaining dance.", the prince said, clearly not thinking about how this.. offer could be at the very least, weird. But well, for the Romans, prostitution was normal. That was only one of the reasons for why many of the more bashful western cultures considered the Romans to be.. a little depraved.

Let's not speak about what was happening during their many festivals.

"Otherwise, the Queen of Cities can delight you with a multitude of churches and palaces that can be visited. For your stay in the city, you will have reserved quarters in the Palace of Blachernae or the Palace of Antiochos, depending on your choice. There will be servants that will take care of your every need, and you can taste our excellent food and wine. Then there are certainly many other monuments that you can visit. For relaxing, you can visit the Baths of Zeuxippus and enjoy their excellent services. You can visit the many forums of the city, and I would especially recommend the Forum of Constantine. The Milion of Constantinople is a good place to start from. If you wish to see our famous chariot races, the Hippodrome of Constantinople is going to be open for all the time in which the celebrations are being held, or if you wish to see something more.. violent, we have many amphitheaters that provide excellent gladiator fights. Or, if you are more interested in the military part of the city, you can visit the old Theodosian Walls. If you just want to have fun though, without any problems, I recommend one of the.. more interesting parts of the city, like Galata. Constantinople is the City of the World's Desire.. you just need to find your own."

Provincia Palestina, the Province of Palestine

Three legions had been assembled in the Imperial Province of Palestine, under the command of Praetor Lucius Canius Hirrus, Legio I Thracica Victrix, the First Victorious Thracian Legion, Legio VI Ferrata , the Sixth Ironclad Legion, and Legio XVI Palaestino, the Sixteenth Palestinian Legion. A proclamation was read to the soldiers, in the name of the new Emperor.

Imperium Romanorum
Imperium Romaniae
Βασιλεία Ῥωμαίων
The Roman Empire

To my loyal soldiers!

To my loyal legions, the time has come for our glorious empire to expand its borders once more! The leaders of the tribes of Arabia Felix have asked for the mighty protection of the Empire of the Romans against any of their enemies. We are going to do something that not even the great Augustus has did, and we will succeed were Aelius Gallus has failed, for nobody can resist the glorious Army of the Romans! I order you, my legions advance with prudence, and bring Arabia Felix under the rule of the Emperor, Senate, and People of Rome! Long live our Eternal Rome!

Signed by,

His Imperial Majesty, Julius Palaeologus Felix, by the Grace of God Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans, Despot of all of the Lands of the Eternal Rome, Forever Augustus, Caesar, Dominus and Princeps, Viceroy of Christ on Earth, Pius Felix, Defender of the True Faith, King of Greece, Asia Minor, and Mesopotamia, Duke of Thrace, Libya, Armenia, and Crete, Protector of Babylon, High Consul and Tribunicia Potestas, Invictus, Dacicus,, Mesopotamicus, Pater Patriae, Nobilissimus, Emperor of Emperors, King of Kings, Ruling Over Those Who Rule.

The three legions were going to start advancing, soon to be followed by others, first to the city of Duba, and then along the coast, towards Arabia Felix. Followed by engineers and sappers and architects. The army was going to ensure their protection against any of the Arabian tribes or formations that might dare to threaten their positions. As such, they were going to win were Aelius Gallus had failed due to a rushed operation and a lack of supplies. A railway was going to be built from Jerusalem to the city of Eudaemon, along the coast of the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, helped by the Roman naval forces on the sea. The Romans were that way going to expand their administration, by taking over cities, and their military control, by building forts around the railway and the cities. Those Arabian tribes and cities that could be bought, were going to be bought. As for those that would dare to oppose the Romans, they were going to be erradicated, or the hired Arabians were going to be sent to deal with them, after all, the Roman diplomacy was experienced at divide et impera tactics. It wasn't going to happen overnight, but by claiming de jure control over the region internationally, the Imperium was going to have a free hand at expanding its control. This coast of the Red Sea had to be controlled in order to ensure the safety of the Suez Canal trade. And the Romans were going to control it, in the name of their Emperor, Senate, and People.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse