NATION

PASSWORD

Blake Holsey High (OOC/Closed/Rebooted)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:37 am

North Daecon wrote:
Elejamie wrote:Alright, sounds good. What do you have in mind?

Speaking of Canada, I can kind of imagine Peter and Logan having a discussion at some point over the Golden Knights, mostly about whether or not it would be a good idea to have a team in Vegas or if Quebec City should've been given the new franchise. And, knowing Peter (who has a few football fans in his family and, as a result, has to put up with the Super Bowl and the Grey Cup whenever they're on), he's probably bring up the Las Vegas Posse, who were Las Vegas' CFL team. Mostly beause of how badly their first/only season went: Low attendences, including a home game against the Eskimos that ended up being played in Edmonton; ticket prices eventually going for cheap; terrible on-field performances (ending the season 5-13); a stadium more suitable for American football rather than Canadian; and, at one point, hiring someone who didn't know the Canadian national anthem to sing it. I'm not making that last one up, by the way.

Jeez, that was a terrible rendition of O Canada, or any national anthem anyway. Also, the Golden Knights were not named until November. Logan would probably argue that Canada should get another NHL team, since Hockey is really popular there and argue that Las Vegas is not a hockey city.

If they talk about it before November, then the two could talk about what a Vegas NHL team would be like, what it might be called or whether it would be a success or just another gimmick. If it's in or after November, then they might talk about whether it's a good name and if all the hype would be worth it. In both cases, they could both talk about whether Vegas is a good place for a hockey team, where the next Canadian franchise should be and if Gary Bettman should retire as NHL commish. To be brutally honest, I just wanted to share that video with everyone and see their reactions.

North Daecon wrote:What would the Canadian Thanksgiving preparations in Aspen Colorado look like anyway? We did talk about a 4 person dinner one time.

Originally, I had in my head that Peter (who normally goes back home to Toronto to celebrate) asks the principal if he could make a small Thanksgiving dinner for the Canadian students (even though there's only three and he's one of them) or, failing that, sneak into the kitchen after lessons and just make it anyway. Originally, the plan was for him to make a small meal for him, Karlee, Miyuki and (hopefully) Christian, seeing as they're his closest friends and he wants to do something nice for them (as well as show off his cooking prowess). But, a day or two before Thanksgiving, he remembers that there are a couple of other Canadian students at the school and so he decides to invite Logan and Julie, so they won't be left out. I don't know if Miyuki, Karlee and Christian will invite anyone to bump it up to eight, though; it might be a good idea to ask Reli, Corri and Polis if and when we get there.

As for how everything will be set up? I'm guessing that, of course, everyone will be eating in the cafeteria on a big table made up of two or four tables, depending on whether or not the tables actually have a bench on each side for people to sit on. Either way, the plan is to have four people on each side, with a giant tablecloth with all the food and plates on top. The food's going to be your standard affair; roast turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, amongst other things. Also Kraft Dinner, although that's less a "Canadian Thanksgiving" thing and more a tradition with Peter and his family (mostly his father's side). I'm not sure about anything else, like entertainment, decorations or what they'll do after the meal but I'm pretty sure that we can all think of something as we get closer to it.

If you or anyone else have any better ideas, or anything you want to add on to this, feel free to share them.

New Antonalia wrote:So where are we in the RP?

Jake, Jeb and David finished their race, with Jake being the winner. Meanwhile, the police are getting ready to crash the party.

P.S. Getting to work on my newbie cop app.
Last edited by Elejamie on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:22 am

Elejamie wrote:
North Daecon wrote:What would the Canadian Thanksgiving preparations in Aspen Colorado look like anyway? We did talk about a 4 person dinner one time.

Originally, I had in my head that Peter (who normally goes back home to Toronto to celebrate) asks the principal if he could make a small Thanksgiving dinner for the Canadian students (even though there's only three and he's one of them) or, failing that, sneak into the kitchen after lessons and just make it anyway. Originally, the plan was for him to make a small meal for him, Karlee, Miyuki and (hopefully) Christian, seeing as they're his closest friends and he wants to do something nice for them (as well as show off his cooking prowess). But, a day or two before Thanksgiving, he remembers that there are a couple of other Canadian students at the school and so he decides to invite Logan and Julie, so they won't be left out. I don't know if Miyuki, Karlee and Christian will invite anyone to bump it up to eight, though; it might be a good idea to ask Reli, Corri and Polis if and when we get there.

As for how everything will be set up? I'm guessing that, of course, everyone will be eating in the cafeteria on a big table made up of two or four tables, depending on whether or not the tables actually have a bench on each side for people to sit on. Either way, the plan is to have four people on each side, with a giant tablecloth with all the food and plates on top. The food's going to be your standard affair; roast turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, amongst other things. Also Kraft Dinner, although that's less a "Canadian Thanksgiving" thing and more a tradition with Peter and his family (mostly his father's side). I'm not sure about anything else, like entertainment, decorations or what they'll do after the meal but I'm pretty sure that we can all think of something as we get closer to it.

If you or anyone else have any better ideas, or anything you want to add on to this, feel free to share them.

For some reason, I was thinking the dinner would be in a dorm room for some reason, but that is too small.

What about a extra spare room, is it wouldn't look a bit empty? It is a bit weird having a dinner for 8 people in a dark cafeteria.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:16 pm

Danceria wrote:Re tag and is there room?

Uh, lemme sort that whole thing out. We're close to being out of room but I'm not sure if we actually are yet.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:57 pm

North Daecon wrote:
Elejamie wrote:

For some reason, I was thinking the dinner would be in a dorm room for some reason, but that is too small.

What about a extra spare room, is it wouldn't look a bit empty? It is a bit weird having a dinner for 8 people in a dark cafeteria.

I wouldn't say the cafeteria would be dark. After all, I figured that the lights would be on or someone could've brought and lit a few candles.

Besides, if there was a spare room available, it's just a question of whether or not everyone be able to bring the food without it going cold or if there's anywhere for Peter (and anyone who wants to help) to cook or anything like that. Not to mention that, if this whole thing's a secret, then it's just a matter of getting everything there without people noticing.

Corrian wrote:
Danceria wrote:Re tag and is there room?

Uh, lemme sort that whole thing out. We're close to being out of room but I'm not sure if we actually are yet.

If it helps, I'm going to withdraw Kennedy. Or at the very least bump him down to Aspen Valley HS student by writing a new app for him. Mostly because I can't think of any interesting to do with him. That and I have an idea in my head for him but I'm not sure how well I can do it without breaching the PG-13 rule.

Long story short: If there's any space in the girls' dorms, go ahead and give a room to Erin, since I'm still going to keep her in and work on her.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Elejamie wrote:If it helps, I'm going to withdraw Kennedy. Or at the very least bump him down to Aspen Valley HS student by writing a new app for him. Mostly because I can't think of any interesting to do with him. That and I have an idea in my head for him but I'm not sure how well I can do it without breaching the PG-13 rule.

Long story short: If there's any space in the girls' dorms, go ahead and give a room to Erin, since I'm still going to keep her in and work on her.

I think, despite me occupying like half the female dorms, the male side is still closer to being full, amazingly.

Also, on not going over the PG-13 rules, that's usually where "subtle writing" comes into play, which is what I will have to do/have had to do already...
My Last.FM and RYM

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:30 pm

Corrian wrote:
Elejamie wrote:If it helps, I'm going to withdraw Kennedy. Or at the very least bump him down to Aspen Valley HS student by writing a new app for him. Mostly because I can't think of any interesting to do with him. That and I have an idea in my head for him but I'm not sure how well I can do it without breaching the PG-13 rule.

I think, despite me occupying like half the female dorms, the male side is still closer to being full, amazingly.

Also, on not going over the PG-13 rules, that's usually where "subtle writing" comes into play, which is what I will have to do/have had to do already...

I think that was the case with the last incarnation of the Blake Holsey High RP, where you had to only accept new female characters because the male dorms were nearly full.

So, once I've finished writing that cop app, I'll get to work on a new app with Kennedy being an Aussie exchange student at AVHS; I'll still keep his old app up but put in a disclaimer and a link to his new app. As for that plotline? It was basically something that's big that he wishes wasn't big. I'm not going into more detail than that but I think you can all get the gist.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:17 pm

Well, I murder half of my characters parents in RP's (Not here, just one), I can't really say I'm much better with "big events".
My Last.FM and RYM

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Corrian wrote:Well, I murder half of my characters parents in RP's (Not here, just one), I can't really say I'm much better with "big events".

I made the mother of Logan die in a skiing accident in Whistler and made the father of Julie suddenly go missing in Quebec, so cannot really claim the high ground on this issue either.

Elejamie wrote:I wouldn't say the cafeteria would be dark. After all, I figured that the lights would be on or someone could've brought and lit a few candles.

Besides, if there was a spare room available, it's just a question of whether or not everyone be able to bring the food without it going cold or if there's anywhere for Peter (and anyone who wants to help) to cook or anything like that. Not to mention that, if this whole thing's a secret, then it's just a matter of getting everything there without people noticing.

Yeah, I guess that sort of explains it.

Anyway, I know we dicussed this before, but I wonder what Peter meeting Julie (without her stepbrother) is going to be like. Probably going to be in all French too.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:49 pm

In the past, I've:
Made my 10-year old girl characters parents die after she teleported away, after space pirates raided her planet and destroyed it. She did later get adopted, though.
Had one character kill her own parents in a car crash by deliberately crashing their car after she could no longer deal with her creepy father and his abuses and practically treating her like a slave, and her mother just doing nothing at all (Totally didn't rip off a movie I watched or anything with this one. Even used the same actress)
Various people throughout apocalyptic RP's and such just seemingly happening to have their parents disappear for plot convenience of me not having to play parents in the apocalypse.
One where her whole existence within said apocalypse was trying to seek revenge on her parents being murdered in a raid by this group, and her sister being captured for 2 years (She wasn't sure her sister was alive, but felt she was, and became a ruthless person with little disregard for others in the process. All she cares for is her sister, and her new group)
Various people in general I can think I had where their families died.
Victoria of course, which I would probably have revised that whole plot nowadays, but eh.
One person where she never even knew her parents in said apocalypse.
One that kinda just LET her own parents die...

I have an awful lot like that...but less so in these types of RP's.
My Last.FM and RYM

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:26 pm

Corrian wrote:In the past, I've:
Made my 10-year old girl characters parents die after she teleported away, after space pirates raided her planet and destroyed it. She did later get adopted, though.
Had one character kill her own parents in a car crash by deliberately crashing their car after she could no longer deal with her creepy father and his abuses and practically treating her like a slave, and her mother just doing nothing at all (Totally didn't rip off a movie I watched or anything with this one. Even used the same actress)
Various people throughout apocalyptic RP's and such just seemingly happening to have their parents disappear for plot convenience of me not having to play parents in the apocalypse.
One where her whole existence within said apocalypse was trying to seek revenge on her parents being murdered in a raid by this group, and her sister being captured for 2 years (She wasn't sure her sister was alive, but felt she was, and became a ruthless person with little disregard for others in the process. All she cares for is her sister, and her new group)
Various people in general I can think I had where their families died.
Victoria of course, which I would probably have revised that whole plot nowadays, but eh.
One person where she never even knew her parents in said apocalypse.
One that kinda just LET her own parents die...

I have an awful lot like that...but less so in these types of RP's.

Yep, that is alot.

Also, if you don't mind, did you have cany characters that you had initial plans for, then a sudden idea changes everything about that character?

For me, it was me deciding that Julie could only speak French, meaning she turned into a girl that no one understood, both metaphorically and literally.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Westeastern Dicantia wrote:
Elejamie wrote:
Not just that but there was also a big dance on Saturday afternoon, which most of the students (and quite a few staff) attended. It went as well as you'd expect for a school dance. Saying that, when it was her turn to use the DJ thing, Cassandra blared some Cattle Decapitation, which meant that no one else was allowed to play their music. I'm pretty sure you can get some mileage out of that, like what your characters were up to whilst that was going on (or if they were outside the school doing their own thing).

I think I'll do a hand wave and say Violet was in the hospital the entire time cause she was in a car accident. She can come back to school the next day and ask around for what happened while she was gone

Whatever works for you
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:41 pm

North Daecon wrote:Yep, that is alot.

Also, if you don't mind, did you have cany characters that you had initial plans for, then a sudden idea changes everything about that character?

For me, it was me deciding that Julie could only speak French, meaning she turned into a girl that no one understood, both metaphorically and literally.

I'm actually not sure. Most of my RP characters, I have ideas for ahead of time, but I'm not sure I've had that, ICly or in development of characters.

I mean probably in my many characters, but I can't remember.
My Last.FM and RYM

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:00 am

Corrian wrote:

I'm actually not sure. Most of my RP characters, I have ideas for ahead of time, but I'm not sure I've had that, ICly or in development of characters.

I mean probably in my many characters, but I can't remember.

Usually I make my characters on the spot once the app is in front of me to be frank.

Just get a idea in my head, and write it down.

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:54 am

Corrian wrote:Well, I murder half of my characters parents in RP's (Not here, just one), I can't really say I'm much better with "big events".

I wasn't thinking of "events" when I wrote that.

North Daecon wrote:

I made the mother of Logan die in a skiing accident in Whistler and made the father of Julie suddenly go missing in Quebec, so cannot really claim the high ground on this issue either.

Elejamie wrote:I wouldn't say the cafeteria would be dark. After all, I figured that the lights would be on or someone could've brought and lit a few candles.

Yeah, I guess that sort of explains it.

Anyway, I know we dicussed this before, but I wonder what Peter meeting Julie (without her stepbrother) is going to be like. Probably going to be in all French too.

As we both mentioned, they probably won't get along, mostly because he's an apolitical, mostly apathetic and an atheist, whereas she's deeply religious and pro-independence. He also tends to swear in Quebecois and, since they're pretty much references to Catholicism (i.e. tabarnak, crisse and câlice/calisse, to name a few) and therefore blasphemy, it might make Julie feel a little bit uncomfortable. And, finally, since she went to a private Catholic school, I could imagine her sounding a bit upper class, something that might put her at odds with Peter, whose French tends to be a bit more slangy and street. I would also bring up his taste in music but, saying that, she could find some Christian rap instead (although it depends on whether or not she can find any in French).

That being said, I could imagine them having a few moments where they're on good terms with each. Like, for example, she liked the Thanksgiving meal he cooked for everyone. Or maybe she drops something and he gives it back to her. But I don't think they'd happen a whole lot, to be honest.

Quite a few things with Peter, like the Latina ex-girlfriend (partially based off an ex I had); a few rappers/groups that he's into; and, after Kanilion CTE'd (which meant the end of the Peter-Lupino rivalry), I decided to make him give everyone who isn't in his circle of friends a nickname. In fact, Peter was originally based off of a story idea I had a while back, about a girl moving from Atlanta to Edmonton and finding herself drawn to a mysterious loner at her school who has aspirations of becoming a chef. Obviously there were a few differences - Proto-Peter didn't have any French ancestry (being mostly Ukrainian Canadian instead of Polish-Welsh-French Canadian); he would've just had the one older brother (who he lived with); he would've listened to indie instead of rap; and he would've had a different (albeit still old) car to drive around in - but the foundations were all there.

Also, I originally planned to make Erin a bit Asian, seeing as that's how she looked when I made her on The Sims 2 on the PS2 (wow, showing my age) all those years ago. However, I couldn't really find any pictures that I liked, so after a while I looked up the New Zealand women's football team and, upon looking up Jasmine Pereira, decided to retcon her into being Samoan (although she does have a bit of Estonian in her from her grandfather, which partially explains her last name). I also planned for her to be from Wellington or the South Island but also decided to retcon that into "She's from Auckland", again because that's where her picture source is from.
Last edited by Elejamie on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:15 am

Elejamie wrote:As we both mentioned, they probably won't get along, mostly because he's an apolitical, mostly apathetic and an atheist, whereas she's deeply religious and pro-independence. He also tends to swear in Quebecois and, since they're pretty much references to Catholicism (i.e. tabarnak, crisse and câlice/calisse, to name a few) and therefore blasphemy, it might make Julie feel a little bit uncomfortable. And, finally, since she went to a private Catholic school, I could imagine her sounding a bit upper class, something that might put her at odds with Peter, whose French tends to be a bit more slangy and street. I would also bring up his taste in music but, saying that, she could find some Christian rap instead (although it depends on whether or not she can find any in French).

That being said, I could imagine them having a few moments where they're on good terms with each. Like, for example, she liked the Thanksgiving meal he cooked for everyone. Or maybe she drops something and he gives it back to her. But I don't think they'd happen a whole lot, to be honest.

So, we got religious blasphemy, political differences, Quebecois independence, social class difference, cultural differences between traditional Quebec and urban Ontario.....

I imagine we can make a whole list.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:28 am

I'll try to post today been really busy, between volunteer firefighter (assiant firechief), reserve police officer, and security team leader have been keeping me busy since thanksgiving

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:08 pm

North Daecon wrote:
Elejamie wrote:As we both mentioned, they probably won't get along, mostly because he's an apolitical, mostly apathetic and an atheist, whereas she's deeply religious and pro-independence. He also tends to swear in Quebecois and, since they're pretty much references to Catholicism (i.e. tabarnak, crisse and câlice/calisse, to name a few) and therefore blasphemy, it might make Julie feel a little bit uncomfortable. And, finally, since she went to a private Catholic school, I could imagine her sounding a bit upper class, something that might put her at odds with Peter, whose French tends to be a bit more slangy and street. I would also bring up his taste in music but, saying that, she could find some Christian rap instead (although it depends on whether or not she can find any in French).

So, we got religious blasphemy, political differences, Quebecois independence, social class difference, cultural differences between traditional Quebec and urban Ontario.....

Pretty much, yes. Besides, since I've decided to have Peter give everyone (except for Miyuki, Karlee, Christian and maybe the teachers) nicknames - mostly because he feels that, since he won't be talking to everyone a great deal, he won't bother remembering their names - I figured that could be another reason why he and Julie won't get along. Even more so if he calls her something like "Ned Flanders" or "John Galt".

Also, the only reason why Peter swears in Quebecois is to get around no-swearing rules, either because they don't know what he's saying or, if they do speak French but not Quebec French, wonder why he's "chalicing himself of it". So it's less "to annoy Julie" but rather his way of sneaking under the radar. Also, to a lesser extent, it's because he feels that they're better than English swear words, although I will do a few moments where he does swear in English (albeit hesitantly).

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Not great, but I finally posted.
Times are looking grim these days~

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:13 pm

I decided that I couldn't help myself any longer. Hope there's a position open for a somewhat mysterious pansexual intellectual unable-to-be-gendered person.

Character App

Needed Information

Name: Sam McCrory (McCrory is the name that the orphanage assigned them; Sam just gave the name 'Sam', and refused to elaborate)

Nickname: Sometimes people call them Samuel, or Samantha, or Sammy, or whatever else... Sam answers to all of them and doesn't seem to get upset at any of it, but does have a personal preference for just 'Sam'.

Sex: Unknown; presumed male.

Gender: Unknown/androgynous. No apparent dysphoria when referred to as male or female or... anything, really.

Picture Appearance: Sam. Except their left eye is green and right eye is blue.

Job Position: N/A.

Abilities: Sam is really good at reading people. Like, freakishly good. They can't read minds, obviously, but they seem to just... know. They also have a habit of giving a soul-piercing glare when someone angers them, and their androgyny makes it hard for them to be gendered specifically one way or the other. They are presumed male, however.

Origin: Sam McCrory was found sort of dropped off at a church that doubled as an orphanage at age ten; even then, they were pretty androgynous and absolutely refused to let anyone see who they really were. Sam is presumed to be American and has relevant paperwork, but anything that would gender them is apparently not available. They seem to take great pleasure in that.

Personality: Calm, collected, analytical; Sam seems to be always thinking and rational, and never seems to let emotion get the best of them. They also act extremely androgynous, partaking in both feminine and masculine activities freely and frequently. They also take great amusement in people trying to figure out who they are and what they're about.

Equipment: Just their clothes and such, really. The orphanage has paid for their schooling to try and help them figure themselves out.

Suggested Information

Moral Alignment: True Neutral. Sam usually is overly analytical and only does whatever suits their interests at the time, whether that's the greater good or not. Now, that may not seem 'true neutral', but he tends to try and avoid moral issues in the first place.

Blood Type: AB+/universal receiver.

Height, Weight, Body Type: 6'4" (one of the reasons they are a presumed male), 210 lbs, androgynous body type and muscles are average.

Distinguishing Marks: Has a scar through one eyebrow. Other than that, nothing really.

Bio/History: Sam McCrory's past is largely a mystery. An apparent orphan or abandoned at an orphanage, along with the fact they seem to refuse to reveal their sex or their gender, has made deciphering them a nightmare. Of course, Sam has no apparent dysphoria in any case and seems fine being identified as male or female. Sam, due to his analytical nature and such, was very asocial back at the orphanage; the orphanage raised some funding and sent them to the school to try and socialize or make new friends.

Upon arrival at the school, they continued to refuse to divulge whether they were male or female, and stated they were fine wherever the administrative staff decided to put them. Thus, they were assigned a male dorm and Sam was generally referred to as 'he'. They don't seem to mind this in the slightest, and nothing seems to hint at this being correct or incorrect. Sam, despite their rational nature and such, sometimes inadvertently finds themselves in a situation where they are flirting. Then again, they appear to be pansexual as they seem equally attracted to everyone - even some of the transgender students. This makes identifying their biological sex and their gender all the more impossible.

Sam is extremely intelligent, however, and has passing grades (about 90 average, minimum) in most of their classes. They seem to enjoy maths and sciences the most, and are very eager to learn. Sam sometimes even corrects a teacher when they feel that the teacher is wrong, and are often correct (but not always). Of course, this means some of the staff find Sam infuriating. Sam doesn't seem to care and seems to sometimes be amused by it. They seem to remain asocial for the most part, but sometimes interact.

Additional Fun Stuff

Voice: I can't find any androgynous voices on YouTube, so imagine a voice that has features of both femininity and masculinity.

Personal Skills: Intellectualism. Sam is extremely smart.

Sex Orientation: Pansexual based on few flirtatious interactions with many/almost all of the students when they are in a social mood. They don't seem to have any regard for a person's gender or actual sex; as long as they are attracted to a person, in a social mood, they'll generally make it known.

Likes: Maths, science, classical music... intellectual stuff.

Dislikes: Chaos, disorder, people trying to force them to reveal who they really are, generally anything not in their interests.

Disorders & Handicaps: Possible OCD, possible autism spectrum disorder.

Past Occupations: Sam's really good on a computer, so, they sometimes do jobs involving online stuff.

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Fears being 'outed' as either truly male or truly female or someone figuring out their gender/sex. Fears being rejected as a result of both their actual sex and their gender. Wishes to graduate and hopefully be done. Goal is to find someone to match them either on an intellectual level, or be okay with a relationship that takes time to build and such (despite pansexuality, has an aversion to anything involving actual sex as far as anyone knows).

Theme Song: Might try to find one later.

Scent: Sam always smells like pierogi (eastern european dumplings). They claim that they love pierogi and tell people to leave them alone when questioned on it. They also apparently can make and cook pierogi and/or find it in stores or online, based on this. Of course, the scent isn't fresh, it smells more like they've eaten pierogi recently, but their breathe is fine.

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Elejamie wrote:
North Daecon wrote:So, we got religious blasphemy, political differences, Quebecois independence, social class difference, cultural differences between traditional Quebec and urban Ontario.....

Pretty much, yes. Besides, since I've decided to have Peter give everyone (except for Miyuki, Karlee, Christian and maybe the teachers) nicknames - mostly because he feels that, since he won't be talking to everyone a great deal, he won't bother remembering their names - I figured that could be another reason why he and Julie won't get along. Even more so if he calls her something like "Ned Flanders" or "John Galt".

Also, the only reason why Peter swears in Quebecois is to get around no-swearing rules, either because they don't know what he's saying or, if they do speak French but not Quebec French, wonder why he's "chalicing himself of it". So it's less "to annoy Julie" but rather his way of sneaking under the radar. Also, to a lesser extent, it's because he feels that they're better than English swear words, although I will do a few moments where he does swear in English (albeit hesitantly).

Nope, she wouldn't like being called that at all. Probably also doesnt help that her upper class education makes her sound insufferable as well. Also, I wonder if anyone noticed she has two names, one in English and one in French.

Also, I was planning for Logan, once runs for his life from the party, to accidentally enter Peter and Christian's dorm by mistake since he got lost. Is this fine with you, since Logan and Peter hasn't really formally met at this point.

Plus, has someone contacted Reli that Blake Holsey is going to move to the next stage soon? Marko is going to get involved in the chaos of the police crashing the party down with sirens and batons.
Last edited by North Daecon on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:17 am

I'm...honestly not sure how it took 10 days for a post. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago there was a post.
My Last.FM and RYM

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:26 am

Okay, for typical stupid me, whose characters on here have I forgot to add to the roster?
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:29 am

The V O I D wrote:I decided that I couldn't help myself any longer. Hope there's a position open for a somewhat mysterious pansexual intellectual unable-to-be-gendered person.

Character App

Needed Information

Name: Sam McCrory (McCrory is the name that the orphanage assigned them; Sam just gave the name 'Sam', and refused to elaborate)

Nickname: Sometimes people call them Samuel, or Samantha, or Sammy, or whatever else... Sam answers to all of them and doesn't seem to get upset at any of it, but does have a personal preference for just 'Sam'.

Sex: Unknown; presumed male.

Gender: Unknown/androgynous. No apparent dysphoria when referred to as male or female or... anything, really.

Picture Appearance: Sam. Except their left eye is green and right eye is blue.

Job Position: N/A.

Abilities: Sam is really good at reading people. Like, freakishly good. They can't read minds, obviously, but they seem to just... know. They also have a habit of giving a soul-piercing glare when someone angers them, and their androgyny makes it hard for them to be gendered specifically one way or the other. They are presumed male, however.

Origin: Sam McCrory was found sort of dropped off at a church that doubled as an orphanage at age ten; even then, they were pretty androgynous and absolutely refused to let anyone see who they really were. Sam is presumed to be American and has relevant paperwork, but anything that would gender them is apparently not available. They seem to take great pleasure in that.

Personality: Calm, collected, analytical; Sam seems to be always thinking and rational, and never seems to let emotion get the best of them. They also act extremely androgynous, partaking in both feminine and masculine activities freely and frequently. They also take great amusement in people trying to figure out who they are and what they're about.

Equipment: Just their clothes and such, really. The orphanage has paid for their schooling to try and help them figure themselves out.

Suggested Information

Moral Alignment: True Neutral. Sam usually is overly analytical and only does whatever suits their interests at the time, whether that's the greater good or not. Now, that may not seem 'true neutral', but he tends to try and avoid moral issues in the first place.

Blood Type: AB+/universal receiver.

Height, Weight, Body Type: 6'4" (one of the reasons they are a presumed male), 210 lbs, androgynous body type and muscles are average.

Distinguishing Marks: Has a scar through one eyebrow. Other than that, nothing really.

Bio/History: Sam McCrory's past is largely a mystery. An apparent orphan or abandoned at an orphanage, along with the fact they seem to refuse to reveal their sex or their gender, has made deciphering them a nightmare. Of course, Sam has no apparent dysphoria in any case and seems fine being identified as male or female. Sam, due to his analytical nature and such, was very asocial back at the orphanage; the orphanage raised some funding and sent them to the school to try and socialize or make new friends.

Upon arrival at the school, they continued to refuse to divulge whether they were male or female, and stated they were fine wherever the administrative staff decided to put them. Thus, they were assigned a male dorm and Sam was generally referred to as 'he'. They don't seem to mind this in the slightest, and nothing seems to hint at this being correct or incorrect. Sam, despite their rational nature and such, sometimes inadvertently finds themselves in a situation where they are flirting. Then again, they appear to be pansexual as they seem equally attracted to everyone - even some of the transgender students. This makes identifying their biological sex and their gender all the more impossible.

Sam is extremely intelligent, however, and has passing grades (about 90 average, minimum) in most of their classes. They seem to enjoy maths and sciences the most, and are very eager to learn. Sam sometimes even corrects a teacher when they feel that the teacher is wrong, and are often correct (but not always). Of course, this means some of the staff find Sam infuriating. Sam doesn't seem to care and seems to sometimes be amused by it. They seem to remain asocial for the most part, but sometimes interact.

Additional Fun Stuff

Voice: I can't find any androgynous voices on YouTube, so imagine a voice that has features of both femininity and masculinity.

Personal Skills: Intellectualism. Sam is extremely smart.

Sex Orientation: Pansexual based on few flirtatious interactions with many/almost all of the students when they are in a social mood. They don't seem to have any regard for a person's gender or actual sex; as long as they are attracted to a person, in a social mood, they'll generally make it known.

Likes: Maths, science, classical music... intellectual stuff.

Dislikes: Chaos, disorder, people trying to force them to reveal who they really are, generally anything not in their interests.

Disorders & Handicaps: Possible OCD, possible autism spectrum disorder.

Past Occupations: Sam's really good on a computer, so, they sometimes do jobs involving online stuff.

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: Fears being 'outed' as either truly male or truly female or someone figuring out their gender/sex. Fears being rejected as a result of both their actual sex and their gender. Wishes to graduate and hopefully be done. Goal is to find someone to match them either on an intellectual level, or be okay with a relationship that takes time to build and such (despite pansexuality, has an aversion to anything involving actual sex as far as anyone knows).

Theme Song: Might try to find one later.

Scent: Sam always smells like pierogi (eastern european dumplings). They claim that they love pierogi and tell people to leave them alone when questioned on it. They also apparently can make and cook pierogi and/or find it in stores or online, based on this. Of course, the scent isn't fresh, it smells more like they've eaten pierogi recently, but their breathe is fine.

Hey; Corrian, here is a new app, i am not so sure about the Character, so I'll let you take a look at it.

Corrian wrote:Okay, for typical stupid me, whose characters on here have I forgot to add to the roster?

Dont forget to add me as CO-OP in the OP

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:43 am

Also, currently we have 6 male, 4 female spots open (Excluding whoever I was dumb and forgot to add into the roster and such). May get some more after I Telegram some people, which I may do soon because almost all of them are at the party.

And I will look at that app when I wake up. Too tired to decide on an app either way I think.

And I appear to have had you as co-op already. I also added Terintania to it.
My Last.FM and RYM

Elejamie
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:51 am

Kyraina wrote:
Corrian wrote:Okay, for typical stupid me, whose characters on here have I forgot to add to the roster?

Dont forget to add me as CO-OP in the OP

He has; check the School Pictures spoiler. Never mind, Corri fixed that as I was writing this.

Erin still needs a room. Again, I'm going to withdraw Kennedy's main character app and write up a minor character app for him, so don't worry about that. Seeing as my WCoH match won't be scorinated until later (and my rugby sevens game either later or tomorrow), I'll probably get that and the newbie cop app done today.

Corrian wrote:I'm...honestly not sure how it took 10 days for a post. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago there was a post.

I'm guessing a massive case of writer's block. Either that or people were really busy with something (like Ky and his volunteering jobs or me with my NS Sports tournaments). Maybe both.

North Daecon wrote:
Elejamie wrote:

Nope, she wouldn't like being called that at all. Probably also doesnt help that her upper class education makes her sound insufferable as well. Also, I wonder if anyone noticed she has two names, one in English and one in French.

Figured although, as I've said, he won't go out of his way to call her any names, it's just if he needs to address her for whatever reason and he can't simply go up to her and speak to her.

And, to be fair, it's only insufferable if she rubs it in people's faces. Or, to be more accurate, she rubs it in people's faces and the person she's speaking to understands what she's saying.

North Daecon wrote:Also, I was planning for Logan, once runs for his life from the party, to accidentally enter Peter and Christian's dorm by mistake since he got lost. Is this fine with you, since Logan and Peter hasn't really formally met at this point.

I'm fine with that. Although I should probably point out that, if you do that, Logan must've gotten really lost seeing as his room's on the bottom floor (Room #20) and Peter's is on the top (Room #30).
Last edited by Elejamie on Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse