NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread II: Donald and Mike go to the White House

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do You Approve Of The Manner In Which Trump And His Team Are Handling The Transition?

Yes, absolutely
28%
Generally yes, but with some reservations that I'll post in the thread.
11%
Not sure/Neutral
13%
Generally no, but with some hopeful signs that I'll post in the thread
6%
Not at all
42%

Total votes : 770

Kravanica
Senator

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Patridam wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Why do people believe that the only alternative to licking Russia's balls is war?

It's called diplomatic manuevering.

Why do people conflate trying to not be enemies with a country equate to ball licking?

There's a fine line between "trying to not be enemies" and appointing a man with such blatant ties to the Russian government as Secretary of State.
The Kravanican Realm (PMT)
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
My nation does not represent my RL views

American and Jewish
Conservatarian with various "right-wing" leanings

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Patridam wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Why do people believe that the only alternative to licking Russia's balls is war?

It's called diplomatic manuevering.

Why do people conflate trying to not be enemies with a country equate to ball licking?

How many Presidents squeed over the leader of Russia like a Japanese schoolgirl?
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Patridam
Negotiator

Founded: May 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Patridam wrote:

How many Presidents squeed over the leader of Russia like a Japanese schoolgirl?

I would be genuinely entertained if you could show me footage of Donald Trump squeeing like a schoolgirl.
Lassiez Faire Capitalist / Libertarian
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Patridam wrote:
Gauthier wrote:How many Presidents squeed over the leader of Russia like a Japanese schoolgirl?

I would be genuinely entertained if you could show me footage of Donald Trump squeeing like a schoolgirl.

Enjoy.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Kravanica wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:
I read that trump didn't like him because he has a moustache.

but I think he chose tillerson because of his Russian connections.

Well its no secret that Trump has a hardon for Putin. I really think Trump believes that he can cut deals and get along with these governments. I mean, he appointed the Chinese dictator's best American friend as ambassador to China.

is that true? I don't know anything about.... ok I forgot who he is appointing.
whatever

Patridam
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Gauthier wrote:
Patridam wrote:

Enjoy.

"I think Putin has been a very strong leader for Russia, certainly stronger than our leader <for America>"

I fail to see or hear any squeeing in that statement. In fact, he's got a very salient point, one which I wholeheartedly agree, that Putin does everything he does for the benefit of Russia. America under Obama and indeed many presidents before him, has made decisions that do more for other countries than ourselves. America should only look out for its own self interest.
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Patridam wrote:
Gauthier wrote:Enjoy.

"I think Putin has been a very strong leader for Russia, certainly stronger than our leader <for America>"

I fail to see or hear any squeeing in that statement. In fact, he's got a very salient point, one which I wholeheartedly agree, that Putin does everything he does for the benefit of Russia. America under Obama and indeed many presidents before him, has made decisions that do more for other countries than ourselves. America should only look out for its own self interest.

Like it did meddling in other countries such as in Chile and Iran?

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Patridam wrote:

he likes putin because he thinks putin called him brilliant when putin called him "shiny"

sad
whatever

Patridam
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Kravanica wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:
I read that trump didn't like him because he has a moustache.

but I think he chose tillerson because of his Russian connections.

Well its no secret that Trump has a hardon for Putin. I really think Trump believes that he can cut deals and get along with these governments. I mean, he appointed the Chinese dictator's best American friend as ambassador to China.

Doesn't that make infinite sense though? A person with the most experience and best relationship with the government in question only makes sense as the choice for ambassador. You wouldn't pick an ambassador to China that calls them commies or g**ks or something.
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Patridam wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:oh what a shame it would be if they held up the suckification of the country!

It is indeed a shame if to prevent the will of a democratic election from being enacted.

Ha. 'Democratic election'. That's funny.
WE ARE NOT SAPIENT SPAGHETTI

Do not mistake me for a contributor to your political threads. I have come solely to mock.
Tsaraine wrote:Nazis aren't known for their smarts. You don't adhere to an ideology that got flattened under a T-34 in 1945 if you're full of sparks and opportunities in life.
Caelestiam wrote:...wait,
Are we seriously in a dick measuring contest over who has the right to declare law by virtue of the most innocent dead?
Sounds horrible and insensitive.
Proceed.
Ethel mermania wrote:
The Emerald Dawn wrote:One does not simply own one's own body. Not when the GOP can shove its trunk up inside you.

It will be yuge, and you will like it.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Patridam wrote:

:rofl:
"Everything Putin does he does for the benefit of Russia."
Havent had a laugh like that in a while.

As for your second point, thats a very selfish and unfortunate view. All countries should act in concert. The national interest of course comes first, but one shouldnt ignore the rest of the world.

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Well its no secret that Trump has a hardon for Putin. I really think Trump believes that he can cut deals and get along with these governments. I mean, he appointed the Chinese dictator's best American friend as ambassador to China.

Don't worry. He's nominated like 19 people already. Here you go.

American and Jewish

Patridam
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Gauthier wrote:"I think Putin has been a very strong leader for Russia, certainly stronger than our leader <for America>"

Like it did meddling in other countries such as in Chile and Iran?[/quote]

Hurting back other countries for self interest is something all imperial countries have done, and what they should realize through experience is that it never turns out well. America hurt its self interest in the long term in Iran.
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:32 pm

Patridam wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Well its no secret that Trump has a hardon for Putin. I really think Trump believes that he can cut deals and get along with these governments. I mean, he appointed the Chinese dictator's best American friend as ambassador to China.

Doesn't that make infinite sense though? A person with the most experience and best relationship with the government in question only makes sense as the choice for ambassador. You wouldn't pick an ambassador to China that calls them commies or g**ks or something.

You don't seem to understand that these countries don't have our best interests at heart. We need people who will further our interests and not the interests of Russia or China.

American and Jewish

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Patridam wrote:

he likes putin because he thinks putin called him brilliant when putin called him "shiny"

sad SAD!

ftfy

American and Jewish

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Postby Ashmoria » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Kravanica wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

you are so good to me!

i couldn't figure out if being friends with xi meant he has known him a long time or that they are actually friends.

that's a good sign, eh? trump has been so bellicose when it comes to china.
whatever

Patridam
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Great Franconia and Verana wrote: :rofl:
"Everything Putin does he does for the benefit of Russia."
Havent had a laugh like that in a while.

Well, what he views as beneficial to Russia anyway.

As for your second point, thats a very selfish and unfortunate view. All countries should act in concert. The national interest of course comes first, but one shouldnt ignore the rest of the world.

No, it's a sane and logical view that is the only way to guarantee national survival. All countries cannot act in concert, because many of their self interests are diametrically opposed. The US helping a country in god knows where by sending our men to die there to fight their wars for them, or sending our tax money there to build schools that just get blown up - not only is it directly hurting the USA through lost lives of good men and lost money, it more often than not makes us even more reviled and comes back to bite us in the butt.

The real unfortunate view is the virtue signalling and national sacrifice policy of Obama and many of his predecessors, that ends up in an "America Last" foreign policy.
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Kravanica wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

What was that about China killing us in trade again? :roll:
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:37 pm

Ashmoria wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Don't worry. He's nominated like 19 people already. Here you go.

you are so good to me!

i couldn't figure out if being friends with xi meant he has known him a long time or that they are actually friends.

that's a good sign, eh? trump has been so bellicose when it comes to china.

Anytime!

Trump's a bit bipolar. One second he's on a Twitter rant against the Chinese. The next second he's appointing Xi's friend as ambassador to China.

American and Jewish

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Kravanica wrote:
Ashmoria wrote:

Personally two of his picks so far are pretty exceptionally good such as Mattis and John Kelly. He is still missing some appointees though such as the VA for example.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Patridam wrote:No, it's a sane and logical view that is the only way to guarantee national survival. All countries cannot act in concert, because many of their self interests are diametrically opposed. The US helping a country in god knows where by sending our men to die there to fight their wars for them, or sending our tax money there to build schools that just get blown up - not only is it directly hurting the USA through lost lives of good men and lost money, it more often than not makes us even more reviled and comes back to bite us in the butt.

The real unfortunate view is the virtue signalling and national sacrifice policy of Obama and many of his predecessors, that ends up in an "America Last" foreign policy.

I feel that Obama and his predecessors were trying to move from a bilateral foreign policy to a multilateral one that benefits all countries.

However, bilateralism is the way the world has been working since the Cold War, not sure if it'll change any time soon.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:39 pm

Uxupox wrote:
Kravanica wrote:Don't worry. He's nominated like 19 people already. Here you go.

Personally two of his picks so far are pretty exceptionally good such as Mattis and John Kelly. He is still missing some appointees though such as the VA for example.

He just announced his pick for the VA.

American and Jewish

Patridam
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Patridam » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:I feel that Obama and his predecessors were trying to move from a bilateral foreign policy to a multilateral one that benefits all countries.

Benefitting all countries is intrinsically impossible, because the interests of most countries are diametrically opposed to the interests of other countries.
Past-Tech (1950s-1980s)

_[' ]_

Republican
White male, 24 yrs old
Michigan, USA
ISTJ
(-_Q)

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Kravanica wrote:
Uxupox wrote:

He just announced his pick for the VA.

Very interesting pick to say the truth.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Kravanica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
Patridam wrote:No, it's a sane and logical view that is the only way to guarantee national survival. All countries cannot act in concert, because many of their self interests are diametrically opposed. The US helping a country in god knows where by sending our men to die there to fight their wars for them, or sending our tax money there to build schools that just get blown up - not only is it directly hurting the USA through lost lives of good men and lost money, it more often than not makes us even more reviled and comes back to bite us in the butt.

I feel that Obama and his predecessors were trying to move from a bilateral foreign policy to a multilateral one that benefits all countries.

However, bilateralism is the way the world has been working since the Cold War, not sure if it'll change any time soon.

An incredibly naïve policy is what it was.

American and Jewish

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General