NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:51 pm

Name: Buddy
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: German Shephard
Age/DOB: 5 [4/20/2009]

Immunity: Gifted: As a result of cross species contamination as a result of biting an infected individual, Buddy has gained a heightened sense of self awareness. That is to say, that the already toddler level intelligence displayed by canines, has been increased to that of a human pre-teen. Capable of absorbing and understanding most information within a similar time frame of a motivated 12 year old. Also happens to show a heightened level of... mischief. Incapable of speech, and doesn't have thumbs. So door knobs are still a challenge.

Equipment: 8x Titanium teeth replacements (Canines, Incisors). Collar Tag: "Buddy, K-9 Unit, U.S.S.S."

Skills: Search and retrieval, sentry duty, knows a good amount of English, instinctually knows how to tear a human being's throat out, quick on his feet... paws. Dog tier smell and hearing.
Weakness: He's a dog, so he can't speak, use tools, or open most doors. Is incapable of seeing a fair amount of colors.

Bio: Born on an unfortunate day, Buddy was bred to be a working dog. And as many of his litter would become, he too became a member of a K-9 unit. Though instead of working with normal law enforcement or the military, he was gifted to the US Secret Service as a Guard Dog for the agency. His terms of service include a multitude of assignments, from protecting the President at Camp David, to raiding fraudulent companies. His last posting with his handler was at a CDC Lab in which a vaccine for The Virus was being worked on.

As expected, when things went south, he followed the training that was all but instinct, he started taking down anyone that got to close to his handler, but eventually his handler too fell to infection. As did Buddy himself. He started changing, becoming more... aware. And above the blood spilled around the CDC lab, he picked up a trail, the slight smell of synthetic raspberries and human hormones. One he was familiar with due to a trip to Camp David almost a year prior. So he set out, trailing the scent. Over twenty days since then, and over a hundred miles have led Buddy to Chicago, finally planning to regroup with the last Secret Service agent he smelled: Agent Cameron Oosthuizen, and the sterile man who followed.

RP Examples: Bark bark.

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Anowa on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:Ok. How's Lieutenant Grey holding out?

Honestly, I'll get to that tomorrow night. It's been a long day getting everything square away here and I'm a bit exhausted. That, and I have to work in the morning. But his men will get moving soon enough.

I figured you'd wait to post on that, I was just hoping for spoilers :p

Well, it's getting late, and I've got to get up early tomorrow so I'll cut my sleep losses and dip out. G'night folks, don't let zed bite.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Tayner wrote:I figured you'd wait to post on that, I was just hoping for spoilers :p

Well, it's getting late, and I've got to get up early tomorrow so I'll cut my sleep losses and dip out. G'night folks, don't let zed bite.

Can't give too much away. See ya.

Anowa wrote:Name: Buddy

ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Surprisingly early dismissal today. Time to continue watching 'Last Ship'.

May I know what occupations were taken?

Might come up with a student, or law enforcer unless they fall under 'Military Types' ( Which I assumed are limited? )
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:13 pm

Relikai wrote:Surprisingly early dismissal today. Time to continue watching 'Last Ship'.

Might come up with a student, or law enforcer unless they fall under 'Military Types' ( Which I assumed are limited? )

Pretty sure the limit on LEOs/Military Types have been reached.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 pm

Relikai wrote:Surprisingly early dismissal today. Time to continue watching 'Last Ship'.

Or a former conscript?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:14 pm

We have more than enough soldiers, a boy/girl scout, an EMS, a pilot, a deaf teenager, a psychiatrist, a Russian, a movie clerk, an author, and a busboy to name a few. We don't have many CPD (if any if I think about it) but feel free to go even more unique.

Also, I could definitely see a "Last Ship" Outbreak spin-off at some point.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:20 pm

At this rate we could use a zookeeper.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:

At this rate we could use a zookeeper.

Undead Harambe.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:22 pm

A person who gained immunity through contact with a certain...

Worm ?
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Relikai wrote:A person who gained immunity through contact with a certain...

Worm ?

Out.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Worm ?

This is, what, your third post and already have the worms? Has to be a new record.

But, as interesting as it would be, I don't know how to make it work while being lore friendly.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Worm ?

Leeches tho.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012

Postby Rygondria » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Name: Albert Di Medici
Ethnicity: Italian-American
Age/DOB: 47, July 14 1968
Pic/Description: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/sop ... 0223192800

Immunity: None

Equipment:
In His Penthouse
1 Years worth of Dried food
a Generator
1 Years worth of water
A Pump Shotgun With 6 boxes of Ammo
In His Emergency Pack encase he needs to bug out
2 Containers of buckshot rounds
6 Bottles of water
6 Cans of food.
2 Bottles of Aspirin

Skills: Above average Intelligence, Skilled at intimidation, knows the city like the back of his hand
Weakness: He his overweight and is not a fast runner, not exactly trained in survival skills,

Personality: Albert is what you would consider your typical Wise Guy, he tends to have a big mouth a speaks what is on his mind, whether that is good or not. He has a strong sense of duty and honor and well do anything it takes to assist those he considers his friends
Likes: Italian Cooking, Action Movies, Classic Rock, Television
Dislikes: Rap, New York Pizza,the Bratva, canned pineapple
Fears: Needles, Starvation, and clowns

Bio: Albert was born in Chicago under typical circumstances. A son of second generation Italian-Americans Albert grew up in a rather poor area of Chicago where he had to learn to either toughen up or get his ass handed to him on a daily basis. He was a decent student despite the circumstances thrown at him and even managed to get through high school at the top of his class, but he disappointed his parents when he decided not to go to college and used his intelligence to try to make it big in "Legitimate business". He began to work for the Chicago mob as a delivery boy, he delivered anything from money all the way to drugs. At the age of 24 he was turned into a Made man and given proper rights in the mob, this included the dona protection and a salary for continuing his work.

Albert quickly rose through the ranks of the Chicago mob and by 1988 he was made a Capo, but by that time the FBi was heavily investigating the family and had already arrested Don Caprice under the Rico act. With the don out of the picture Albert decided that he would "retire" from the criminal life and settle down in his penthouse. But Albert never really left the mob life, he still acted as adviser for the New Boss of the weakened Chicago mob which hoped to attract Albert back to full time work in the organization but that would never happen. More recently Albert splurged money on a large collection of food and water because of his hatred of going shopping but also incase of an emergency since his power went out in a snowstorm one year and he nearly froze to death, Little did he know that this stockpile of food would prove handy for the now Overweight Ex-Mobsters future. Because around a week after he bought it the Outbreak began and seeing society collapse around him and blockaded himself inside his penthouse, counted his stock and filled up his generator, and..watch movies from his dvd collection...He thought to himself if he was going to live in the end of the world he might as well live like a king, he knows he well run out of fuel eventually but hey...at least he well still have his food and water, that is if life does not screw him over first

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=358682&p=26580717&hilit=get+up+get+up+damn+it#p26580717
Last edited by Rygondria on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Worm ?

Nein!
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Rygondria wrote:Name: Albert Di Medici

Equipment:
In His Penthouse
4 Years worth of Dried food
a Generator
4 Years worth of water
A Pump Shotgun With 24 boxes of Ammo
5 Containers of buckshot rounds
6 Bottles of water
6 Cans of food.
2 Bottles of Aspirin

Skills: Above average Intelligence, Skilled at intimidation, knows the city like the back of his hand
Weakness: He his overweight and is not a fast runner, not exactly trained in survival skills,

Personality: Albert is what you would consider your typical Wise Guy, he tends to have a big mouth a speaks what is on his mind, whether that is good or not. He has a strong sense of duty and honor and well do anything it takes to assist those he considers his friends

Bio: Albert was born in Chicago under typical circumstances. A son of second generation Italian-Americans Albert grew up in a rather poor area of Chicago where he had to learn to either toughen up or get his ass handed to him on a daily basis. He was a decent student despite the circumstances thrown at him and even managed to get through high school at the top of his class, but he disappointed his parents when he decided not to go to college and used his intelligence to try to make it big in "Legitimate business". He began to work for the Chicago mob as a delivery boy, he delivered anything from money all the way to drugs. At the age of 24 he was turned into a Made man and given proper rights in the mob, this included the dona protection and a salary for continuing his work.

Albert quickly rose through the ranks of the Chicago mob and by 1988 he was made a Capo, but by that time the FBi was heavily investigating the family and had already arrested Don Caprice under the Rico act. With the don out of the picture Albert decided that he would "retire" from the criminal life and settle down in his penthouse. But Albert never really left the mob life, he still acted as adviser for the New Boss of the weakened Chicago mob which hoped to attract Albert back to full time work in the organization but that would never happen. More recently Albert splurged money on a large collection of food and water because of his hatred of going shopping but also incase of an emergency since his power went out in a snowstorm one year and he nearly froze to death, Little did he know that this stockpile of food would prove handy for the now Overweight Ex-Mobsters future. Because around a week after he bought it the Outbreak began and seeing society collapse around him and blockaded himself inside his penthouse, counted his stock and filled up his generator, and..watch movies from his dvd collection...He thought to himself if he was going to live in the end of the world he might as well live like a king, he knows he well run out of fuel eventually but hey...at least he well still have his food and water, that is if life does not screw him over first

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=358682&p=26580717&hilit=get+up+get+up+damn+it#p26580717

... Over 720 rounds of 12G shotgun ammo... Fucking what.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm

Anowa wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Name: Albert Di Medici

Equipment:
In His Penthouse
4 Years worth of Dried food
a Generator
4 Years worth of water
A Pump Shotgun With 24 boxes of Ammo
5 Containers of buckshot rounds
6 Bottles of water
6 Cans of food.
2 Bottles of Aspirin

... Over 720 rounds of 12G shotgun ammo... Fucking what.

Shit i did not mean that much,

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Anowa wrote:... Over 720 rounds of 12G shotgun ammo... Fucking what.

Shit i did not mean that much,

For future reference a single box of 12g ammo is 30 shells. A container can range from 12 to 20 boxes.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Anowa wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Shit i did not mean that much,

For future reference a single box of 12g ammo is 30 shells. A container can range from 12 to 20 boxes.

Would six be more realistic?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Rygondria wrote:
Anowa wrote:For future reference a single box of 12g ammo is 30 shells. A container can range from 12 to 20 boxes.

Would six be more realistic?

Yes. Anyone who buys as much ammo as you previously did in bulk would very likely be routinely raided by the ATF.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Worm ?

I'm not mad, just disappointed.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Rygondria
Negotiator

Postby Rygondria » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:43 pm

Anowa wrote:
Rygondria wrote:Would six be more realistic?

Yes. Anyone who buys as much ammo as you previously did in bulk would very likely be routinely raided by the ATF.

I can see why, 720 rounds of ammo is very overboard.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Theyra and/or Tito, if you guys didn't notice, my character is in the hotel if you guys want to band together? I know Theyra is in the hotel and that Tito expressed interest in going there.
Cheers mates.

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Sarejo wrote:Theyra and/or Tito, if you guys didn't notice, my character is in the hotel if you guys want to band together? I know Theyra is in the hotel and that Tito expressed interest in going there.

Your guy was In the hotel? I did not know. Uh Sure.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:04 pm

Sarejo wrote:Theyra and/or Tito, if you guys didn't notice, my character is in the hotel if you guys want to band together? I know Theyra is in the hotel and that Tito expressed interest in going there.

Yep, I am expressing interest. My third post would be dealing with more infection inside the tower, and his subsequent visit to the hotel.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse