NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision 53 - Cherbourg, Normandy and Picardy [IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

WorldVision 53 - Cherbourg, Normandy and Picardy [IC]

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:58 pm

WorldVision 53: Cherbourg, Normandy and Picardy

The final fans filter into the Cherbourg Amphi, in anticipation of the show that NNN are going to put on. The entire stadium sits in pitch black. Audiences at home are tuning in to their respective broadcasters, with commentators introducing the contest as the opening ident plays, and the opening video plays. As this ends, the camera feed shows the Cherbourg Amphi, still in darkness. However, a split second after the camera feed arrives at the Amphi, the viewers both in the stadium and at home get what they wanted; the opening act is beginning. A faint white light shines from the back of the stage, illuminating the darkness and somewhat revealing the National Orchestra of Normandy and Picardy as they begin to play 'La Voyage', a piece comissioned especially for the contest.

La Voyage - L'Orchestre National de la Normandie et Picardie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQYN2P3E06s

The lights grows in intensity and size, slowly revealing more and more of the stage, and the cameras begin panning around the orchestra as the vocals begin singing. The background remains black for the moment, but the stadium itself becomes slightly brighter as time progresses.

C’est une voyage vers un monde (This is a journey towards a world)
Un monde ou l’humanité (A world where humanity)
Pouvent d'être libre à définir leurs cours (Can be free to define their course)
Et libre d'être n’importe qui (and free to be anything)

The background now bursts into live, showing a Normand family in Cherbourg waving around a banner with 'Bienvenue a Cherbourg' written on it. The image, which becomes the main one seen by the audience at home, zooms outwards to show all of Cherbourg, before suddenly whisking away and beginning a whirlwind tour of the competing nations. Firstly, it arrives in Mercidini, the previous hosts of the contest, with a large group of people gathered together presumably celebrating the contest, and then goes on to Todlichebujoku, to Polkopia and then to Kishrael.

N’avez pas peur et déployez vos ailes (Don't be afraid, and spread your wings)
Volez vers les ciels ouverts (Fly towards the open skies)
Maintenant l'avenir est à nous (Now the future is ours)
Ouvrir les yeux sur l'espoir et l'amour (Open your eyes to hope and to love)

The camera feed returns to the Amphi, as the lights gain a particularly golden glow. The background is now showing the phrase 'the colours of life' in the languages of each competing nation, in different colours. However, the focus is definitely on the orchestra as they carry on playing.

Ton amour éclaireront milles flammes (You love will light a thousand flames)
Et declencher les appels de milliards voix (And ignite the calls of a billion voices)
Vous vous unirons millions ames (You will unite a million souls)
Et exiler l'ombre des leurs vies (And banish the darkness from their lives)

The lights become slightly less intense, and the background is now showing landscapes from different countries competing at WorldVision, from Electrum to Arioslavia, and ending with a view of 'L'Ile D'Eglise', the most popular tourist attraction in Normandy and Picardy, a small town with an abbey on a tidal island in the Bay of the Couesnon.

N’avez pas peur et déployez vos ailes N’avez pas peur et déployez vos ailes (Don't be afraid, and spread your wings)
Nous nous joindrons à vous (We will join you now)
Ensemble vers l'aurore (Together towards the dawn)
D'un age quand nous pouvons d'être libre (An age when we can be free)

The background now shows an expanding glowing light, the same colour as the main lights in the stadium, and the cameras pan around the orchestra once more.

Nous serons libérés de nos chaînes (We will be freed from our chains)
Nous volerons vers un nouveau monde (We will fly towards a new world)

Ton amour éclaireront milles flammes (You love will light a thousand flames)
Et declencher les appels de milliards voix (And ignite the calls of a billion voices)

There is a sudden flash of light and a curtain of fireworks like these appears, fully illuminating the stage and the stadium.

C’est la voyage vers un monde (This is the journey towards a world)
Un monde ou l’humanité (A world where humanity)
Pouvent d'être libre à définir leurs cours (Can be free to define their course)
Et libre d'être n’importe qui (And free to be anything)

Libre!
Libre!
Libre! Libre!

As the piece ends the stage becomes dark once more, as preperations are swiftly made for the opening song. Meanwhile, for the audience at home a clip showing people from across the multiverse saying 'The Colours of Life', the theme of the contest, is played. From Ethane to Ekoz, fans welcome the contest across the divides of space (and time). As this ends, the stage is prepared for the official theme and opening song of the contest, 'The Colours of Love'.

The Pain - The Colours of Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_eVOzxZrdE

The stage is pitch black before the song begins. As soon as the music begins, a faint purple light shines into the centre of the stage where Téo Ulmaren, the lead singer of Normand WV42 act The Pain, stands at a microphone stand. The camera zooms and moves towards him, as he sings into the cameras as if he is singing to the viewers at home. As the beat intensifies, more lights turn on, flashing slowly on and off and lighting both the stage and the audience. The cameras zoom out a bit, yet remain firmly focused on Téo.

Some people hold on to the darkness
Well I walk with the light on my side
And it's easy to give up
Easy to say you've had enough
But as long as we're one
As long as we're strong
We can beat it

There is a sudden increase in the luminosity of the lights, and the colour changes to a more blue colour, with some white lights as well. A series of dancers, which it is explained via a graphic on screens at home are from across the competing nations at the contest, flood onto the stage, before beginning a sort of organised chaos of a dance routine, and the audience are dancing along as well, which the cameras show panning around the Amphi.

Look up to the sun
We have just begun
So we will be the army
We will be the army of love
When we're standing side by side
Ooooh
Nobody can stop us
We will fly the colours of love
Ooooh, ooooh

The colours of love x2

The dancers clear of to the sides of the stage, providing a path down which the acts start coming onto the stage in a sort of ceremony. Instead of flags people come in front of the acts dressed in abstract paper costumes which the flags are projected on. They come on one by one in alphabetical order, coming from left and right alternately before leaving to go to the green room behind the stage.

A kaleidoscope of faces
A million voices and reasons
To keep up the fight
Keep up the fight 'gainst the darkness
The colours of love will light the path
This is our love that leads us

More acts continue coming onto the stage, as the lights continue flashing on and off. The theme of the contest appears on the background, fading on and off in the languages of the different competing nations, before ending the chorus with English.

Look up to the sun
We have just begun
So we will be the army
Ooooh
Nobody can stop us
We will fly the colours of love
Ooooh, ooooh

The colours of love x2

Ooooh, ooooh
We will fly the colours, we will fly the colours of love
Ooooh
We will fly the colours, we will fly the colours

As the music slows down, the flow of acts ends, and the lights dim, the cameras turning around and zooming in on Téo who follows the camera. The lights begin flashing and getting more intense, until there is a sudden flash followed by a burst of fireworks.

(We will fly the colours, we will fly the colours...)
Look up to the sun
We have just begun
So we will be the army

The colours love x4

The acts continue coming on stage. Observant viewers will have noticed the Normand act hadn't come on yet, and that was because Joanne was the last act to come onto the stage. The Normand crowd went wild, well above the applause of the rest of the audience. As the music came to an end the dancers took to the stage once more, and at the very end there was a very large flurry of fire works, before the TV screens showed the logo of the contest and the stadium went dark

Ooooh, ooooh
We will fly the colours, we will fly the colours of love
Ooooh
We will fly the colours, we will fly the colours

As the stage returns to light and the image returns to the Amphi, the host of tonight's contest Marie Manelle walks onto the stage, and begins speaking to the audience and the cameras.

Welcome one and all to the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest, live from Cherbourg, Normandy and Picardy. Tonight we are here to celebrate the colours of life, the many things that make us individuals and how we can overcome our differences to come together as one as we are tonight. But most importantly, we are here to listen to some music and have some fun! Remember that it is your votes that will decide who wins tonight's contest; more details will be given once all of the acts here tonight have performed.

Tonight, we here in the Amphi welcome you at here, and at home across the multiverse, to celebrate the Colours of Life and to have some fun. Let's get this show started!
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Acts | Postcards

1. Merecendi
Performance | Postcard

2. Polkopia
Performance | Postcard

3. Kalosia
Performance | Postcard

4. Zeganas
Performance | Postcard

5. Darkmania
Performance | Postcard

6. Hiklarmaniga
Performance | Postcard

7. Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Performance | Postcard

10. Bloodbath Generation
Performance | Postcard

11. Cosneolta
Performance | Postcard

12. Kwadai
Performance | Postcard

13. Tödlichebujoku
Performance | Postcard

14. Silvacometopia
Performance | Postcard

15. Normandy and Picardy
Performance | Postcard

16. Arioslavia
Performance | Postcard

17. Luepola
Performance | Postcard

18. Britonisea
Performance | Postcard

19. Estogium
Performance |Postcard

20. Kannap
Performance | Postcard

21. Greater Slavic Union
Performance | Postcard

22. Mercedini
Performance | Postcard

23. Mister X
Performance | Postcard

24. Izmedu
Performance | Postcard

Commentary

Alinghi FDR
Part 1

Arioslavia
Part 1

Britonisea
Part 1 | Part 2

Darkmania
Part 1

Greater Slavic Union
Part 1

Kannap
Part 1

Normandy and Picardy
Part 1

Polkopia
Part 1 | Part 2
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:53 am, edited 12 times in total.

Merecendi-
Attaché

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Merecendi- » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:07 pm

_01. MERECENDI_

Evacuate My Bowels

Flowing!

Flowing! is a group made up of Bessy Anabessy and her friend Rockardhits! They present to you an artistic masterpiece.

The lights illuminate a restroom, Bessy strides into it enthusiastically
Switch on the venting
Let's jump onto the throne
Can't wait to move it
I'll let out a moan

The pain is getting physical
No longer controlled
I got this on livestream
I never miss a pee

She straddles the toilet energetically
Stop the fight, let it slide
Pressure mounting within
Time is might, feelin' tight
Oh it's pushing my skin

Once you go it can't stop
Cuz you just got to let it go
Just go to let it go

She is joined by a group of dancers with toilets strapped to their backs
Oh, oh
Evacuate my bowels
Oh, oh
I'm infected by a bug
Oh, oh
Can't stop pushing excrement
This pushing's got me feeling warmer all around

They coordinate their movements ;)
Everybody try to shove
Oh, oh
Evacuate my bowels
Oh, oh
I'm infected by a bug
Everybody try to shove
Oh, oh

The dancers sit down facing the audience, all performers on stage grimace
My muscles' aching
Effort overload
Frustration's rising
Just about to explode

Baby I'm so constipated
Simply can't go
I need to close my eyes
Just wait and let it glide

Bessy adopts a relaxed, meditative posture
Stop the fight, let it slide
Pressure mounting within
Time is might, feelin' tight
Oh it's pushing my skin

Once you go it can't stop
Cuz you just got to let it go
Just go to let it go

They spring back into action with their coordinated movements
Oh, oh
Evacuate my bowels
Oh, oh
I'm infected by a bug
Oh, oh

Everybody try to shove
Oh, oh
Evacuate my bowels
Oh, oh
I'm infected by a bug
Everybody try to shove
Oh, oh

Rockardhits slides in behind the main line of performers, singing about one line per dancer
Can't wait to evacuate
Oh this body's heating up
It'll need some give and take
Push it right on out
Can't wait to evacuate
Oh this body's heating up
It'll need some give and take
We might have to call a maid

He slides back into the front as he belts out his main lyrics. The performers jump up off their toilets and gyrate their rear ends, which are not quite finished with the task at hand
When the crap attacks I've got yo back
We got all the waste in the rear flowin' out
So keep an eye over on yo back
Git yo butt off the seat and let it fly

Go shake it
Don't fake it
Don't lick it
Let me see ya push it out
Now let it just flow, flow
Now lemme see it in the toilet bowl

He slides off the stage, much more easily now
Everybody try to shove
Evacuate my bowels
Everybody try to shove
I'm infected by a bug
Bessy dances on and around her toilet
I'm infected by a bug
Oh, oh

Synchronized pantsless dancing
Oh, oh
Evacuate my bowels
Oh, oh
I'm infected by a bug
Oh, oh

Everybody try to shove
Oh, oh
Evacuate my bowels
Oh, oh
I'm infected by a bug
Everybody try to shove
Oh, oh

They run up to the front of the stage, shout, "THANK YOU-" before slipping off the stage into the front row.

Unfortunately not all of the mess can be scrubbed out before the next entry begins
Last edited by Merecendi- on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:21 pm

02. Polkopia
Cameron Poloz - Stešti'

Cameron Poloz is representing the Allied States of Polkopia for the 53rd Worldvision Song Contest. Since the revamp of the Landa vy Polkopiya, which has served as Polkopia's main selection for their Worldvision artist and song, the nation has never opted for an internal selection, however, due to the financial crisis which hit the nation just before Polkopia's participation in the 51st Worldvision Song Contest was confirmed, the government-controlled broadcaster was forced to suspend the Landa vy Polkopiya and internally choose a song rather than select one via a National Selection. The PNB decided on sending Cameron Poloz, who attempted to represent the Allied States of Polkopia during the 51st Worldvision Song Contest, with his song "Remember", but ultimately lost, despite winning the domestic televote. Cameron Poloz himself has released a few songs himself, none of which broke into the Polkopian Top 100, but with the exposure of Worldvision, that is sure to change.

Cameron Poloz himself stood on stage, the applause beginning to die out after Polkopia's postcard was shown to the entire audience, signaling it was Polkopia who was to perform next. Poloz wore a blue suit with a black tie and a white dress shirt underneath. His hair was styled in his trademark 'messy' look, yet with the suit, he looked very clean. The stage itself wasn't illuminated yet, as the song hadn't started, but on stage, there was a white piano and a pianist, who wore a navy suit. Other than the two of them, they were along on stage. The pianist was located toward the left side of the stage, and Cameron was standing in the middle of the stage, microphone in hand.

Cameron was standing in a circle of lights, meaning, on the floor, spotlights were located all around him in a circular pattern. Once the song started, those lights illuminated, but dimly, bringing him into view, but making it so nothing else was visible on stage. It looked as if though he was standing in complete blackness. The camera started out behind him, while Cameron sang to the crowd. The camera seemed to grow closer to him until the second verse, where it then started slowly circling around him.

Mmm Mmm Mmm...
Noaci - Onatliy
(Nights are lonely)

Mmm Mmm Mmm...
Mislam yo, nukudo lakiy
(Thinking of you is never easy)

Kam ya mugam zaprat?
(How can I stop)

Kanda yo ves voko ya
(When you're all around me)

Mmm Mmm Mmm...
Ačam ten, ni nebe
(Up there, in the sky)

By the time the second verse had finished, the camera had completed a full circle around him, and Cameron refrained from looking directly into the camera. Now, the camera showed an overhead view of the stage. As the bridge of the song took place, the LED floor around Cameron immediately showed an animation of a nebula-esque pattern which centered around him and spread approximately 10 feet in either direction, and after about 3 seconds, the image faded back into black.

Ne...
(No...)

Ya vam nukudo zaborat yo...
(I will never forget you...)

Parmara ya žitam
(For as long as I live)

The camera moved to the front of the stage, and it could be seen that stars were starting to appear in the background LED screen. They appeared gradually, and soon filled up the background in beautiful patterns. The stars also seemed to twinkle as Cameron sang.

Ya viderem yosh lice ni patterani ačam-to
(I see your face in the patterns above)

I conesteštini diratanno yosh memoriu parmara
(and the constellations hold your memory forever)

Ya lonenam yosh, dali yo veše ni
(I miss you, but now you're in)

Stešti... Stešti'...
(The stars... The stars...)

When Cameron sang "Stešti'" he extended his free hand and looked up at the ceiling. Now, as the beat began to pick up, the lights illuminated the pianist, though the stage was still predominantly dark. In the center of the backgound LED screen, white lines were being drawn, connecting stars, and soon enough, it was recognizable as a face. This face, once completed (By 1:08 in the video, or the third line in the following box), moved its mouth and appeared to be singing along with Cameron in the chorus.

Par pistikande ya ležtendam ta noacere, numeret yosh
(Sometimes I lay awake at night, counting you)

I par alte tikande ya viderem yosh dolgno nočam ya
(And other times, I see you smiling down at me)

I asha dolgmi uč pritet priten per eterniya
(And we smile at each other for eternity)

Stešti...
(The stars...)

Cameron turns around and faces the silhouette of the face, but as he does, the lines begin to dissipate, and Cameron trains his eyes to the ground, but only for a moment, as he then turns back around, and sings the next part of the song.

Mmm Mmm Mmm...
Jutra arrivet
(The morning comes)

Ya i yo, asha pazvolami
(Me and you, we're separated)

Barema par currenta
(At least for now)

Deto kanda solntse nesvetet
(Because when the sun sets)

The stage lit up, only for an instant though, as he sang the first word of the bridge. The outline of the face started appearing between stars on the background LED screen once more, and once the face appeared, the figure seemed to just look down at Cameron and smile as he sang.

Ya...
(I...)

Mugam svarsitno viderat yo nou i
(Can finally see you again and)

Ya...
(I...)

Nukudo vram departat
(Never want to leave)

Cameron sang the chorus again, this time, slightly more powerful than the last time.

Ya viderem yosh lice ni patterani ačam-to
(I see your face in the patterns above)

I conesteštini diratanno yosh memoriu parmara
(and the constellations hold your memory forever)

Ya lonenam yosh, dali yo veše ni
(I miss you, but now you're in)

Stešti... Stešti'...
(The stars... The stars...)

Par pistikande ya ležtendam ta noacere, numeret yosh
(Sometimes I lay awake at night, counting you)

I par alte tikande ya viderem yosh dolgno nočam ya
(And other times, I see you smiling down at me)

Stešti...
(The stars...)

Cameron held the high note for a long time there and kneeled down while doing so. The face in the background looked at him and mouthed the same words that a hidden female background singer was singing.

Ya tiho lavam yo
(I still love you)

Ya tiho skučam yo
(I still miss you)

Ya tiho lavam yo
(I still love you)

Ya tiho skučam yo
(I still miss you)

The face dissipated once more, and Cameron stood back up and sang the rest of the chorus.

Stešti...
(The stars...)

Cameron exhaled and walked forward, toward the front of the stage, free hand extended outward.

Si ništa ya vram molte
(There is nothing I want more)

Ta yat yo a afra di ya tiho
(Than to have you beside me again)

Dali yo veše ni stešti
(But you're in the stars)

Millione mile depati
(A million miles away)

Abia yosh memorie continuet
(Only your memory lasts)

Stešti...
(The stars...)

Cameron had extended his hand to his side while he sang the last part, and as he finished, he brought his hand in to his chest. When the song was over, he bowed to the applauding crowd. "Thank you." He said, smiling, before taking leave.
Last edited by Polkopia on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm

As Cameron Poloz from Polkopia leaves the stage, the next postcard is played to introduce the 3rd country to perform — Kalosia.

O-Kai Image · Posted on Jan 28, 2017 · Posted from Cherbourg, Normandy & Picardy
Download my latest single #KissYouGoodbye here: shortli.nk/2lP4b0U #wv53

1085 up · 38 down
REPLY · UPVOTE · DOWNVOTE

Wivibloggs Image · Posted on Jan 28, 2017 · Posted from Cherbourg, Normandy & Picardy
We're receiving reports that @O-Kai has finally decided to release the studio version of her song just now, as the postcard is playing and mere seconds before she's due to perform. Download here: shortli.nk/2lP4b0U

1862 up · 36 down

Olimpia Kaimar · Posted on Jan 28, 2017 · Posted from Cherbourg, Normandy & Picardy
About to perform. Wish me luck! #wv53

873 up · 23 down

The stage is now set and everyone is ready. Take it away, Olimpia!
Last edited by Kalosia on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm

Kalosia
Kiss You Goodbye (Mwah) — O-Kai
performed in English to the tune of Blow Your Mind (Mwah) — Dua Lipa

"Wait, did we actually win?"

For many, Kalosia's second WorldVision victory was hard to believe, as while the song achieved the typical success that our other entries usually do, Living did not reach the same level of popularity that its predecessor, Aksi, did. And even then, its successor is predicted to be a bigger hit than our new winner ever was.
And now, the world is about to hear that song for the first time. The stakes are high, but someone must do it.

O-Kai (real name Olimpia Kaimar) is a Britonish-Kalosian singer. She bases herself mostly in Doportedas, Britonisea, where she was born to a Britonish father and a Kalosian mother. As commonly done, she was internally selected by Radiu-Televiziune Kalosia to represent the island nation.
Although the entry was announced and even performed live weeks ago, the marketing team were smart enough to withhold the song's official release until the right time. Fans had been asking for weeks where the studio version was, as only two versions of the song had existed — the demo (which was leaked), and the performance at RTVK studios when it was first announced. They had waited until the last minute to release the single, which meant that people had no choice but to watch her perform at WorldVision to enjoy it for the first time, but those watching without any prior knowledge could easily find and buy the song as soon as they decided what they heard was worth listening to. And since different artists and delegations approach the contest differently, this might not happen again when '54 comes around.

As the postcard was playing, Olimpia stepped onto the stage. She was seen wearing bold colours, specifically a bright cerulean pantsuit over an equally-bright vermillion sweater, as well as a huge shiny choker that bore the word "MWAH".

As the song began, the various screens that make up the stage design displayed a texture similar to drywall. The stage lights were also white. Olimpia sang her lines, and the camera angles were dynamic moving shots, with the perspective constantly changing. So even though she was just standing there, it did not at all feel passive.

I know it’s hard
Can’t play the card
You lost the chance long ago

Fighting for love?
Look from above
When you see it you will know

Slowly, the drywall texture on the screens began to be replaced with a wooden texture (similar to the one used here), while the lights turn a bit golden. For the remainder of the performance, every time the drywall texture is shown, the lights are white, and every time the wooden texture is shown, the lights are golden.
Tell me I’m too crazy
You can’t tame me, can’t tame me
Call for compromise
But it won’t change me, won’t change me
Inside… (hey!)

As Olimpia sang the next chorus, a group of around 10 performers — all looking like models and donning fashionable clothes in muted colors (so kinda like in the music video linked above except with slightly duller colors) — walked in together from one side of the stage. It looked as if they were in the Olympics Opening Ceremony Athletes' Parade. Some of these performers were backing singers wearing headpieces, and sang the parts in bold together with Olimpia. They walked up to Olimpia, standing there for a few seconds all together as a group.
If we agree to disagree then what will the people say?
And if we cannot guarantee then who is the one to blame?
We fight and we argue, we can’t unify
If we somehow can’t make it out,
then I’ll have to kiss you goodbye, mwah

As the next part was spoken, the performers behind Olimpia started to disperse, swaying to the beat as they moved (in a manner similar to this). The camera focused on Olimpia.
I know you’ll promise me 20-karat gold
But I’ll have to kiss you goodbye, mwah
I know you’ll promise me the entire world

In the short break before the verse, the camera pans the stage from the back of the venue and the screens turn back to showing drywall. In this next verse, everyone on stage poses as the camera goes around, in a manner similar to the Mannequin Challenge. But with those clothes on, they actually do look like store mannequins.
Single life
Don’t need no wife
Sometimes ya gotta be strong

Fighting for this
To get a kiss
Didn’t need it all along

Olimpia begins to 'thaw' and faces the audience. Again, the screens change to displaying the wooden texture.
Tell me I’m too crazy
Call for compromise
Inside… (hey!)

The wind machines activate, and the performers (except Olimpia) change their poses to the beat. The cameras shoot from dynamic, moving angles.

The cameras, still using dynamic shots, focus on Olimpia.

The camera pans the stage and the performers slowly make their way to the front of the stage, grouping up and joining Olimpia who is already there.
(I know you’ll promise me 20-karat gold)
(But I’ll have to kiss you goodbye, mwah)
(I know you’ll promise me the entire world)
(But I’ll have to kiss you goodbye, mwah)

The screen and stage lights become dark, leaving only a spotlight on Olimpia.
Tell me I’m too crazy
Call for compromise
Inside…

The camera zooms away from the stage (like this), though Olimpia remains focused in the centre.
Hey!

Everything pauses for a moment.
(Mwah)

The lights come back on, and in this next chorus, the camera closes up on everyone on stage as they start dancing (kinda like this but without the drinks).

The camera records from dynamic moving angles, similar to at the beginning of the song.

The performance ended with Olimpia and all the performers blowing air kisses to the audience. Olimpia smiled and all the performers rejoiced on stage, celebrating a successful performance (similar to this), some even hugging and high-fiving each other. As the postcard of Zeganas is played, O-Kai and her performers leave the stage to make way for the Candles of Capricorn.
Last edited by Kalosia on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

Zeganas
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeganas » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Lead singer Andrew Ramirez slowly walks up to the microphone, while the back panels show pictures of a park on a bright summer day.
Jeremy Tisci is dressed up for the solo act and he is the backup singer, with Alicia Gardini playing as the late girlfriend of Ramirez for the solo. Jeremy Tisci looking like Andrew Ramirez but looking a bit younger.

Suddenly the background that once showed a serene park has now flashed to black with stage lights flashing when the drum starts and the background then shows red drops flowing into water against a black backdrop while the guitar intro plays.
Ramirez now sings.

Once upon
a nice summer's morning we hung out
we laughed and giggled all out loud (OUT LOUD!)
And she said I made her feel special cuz otherwise she was down (DOOOWWWN!)
MONSTERS HAVE DRAINED ALL HER WILL TO LIIIVE
OH NOW WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BAD DAY
MON-STERS-HAVE-TA-KEN-DOWN-MY-LOOOOOOOVE

The stage goes dark except for some spotlights for a split second before the chorus and things return, this time with Jeremy Tisci and Alicia Gardini dancing with each other on the side of the stage during the chorus, smoke machines going up now with that side of the stage now in a thin, low lying layer of smoke.

Romeo and Juliet we faaalllll
And I wish I had made the call
To save you from the darkness that took you

Please do not GOOO!
I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN.. TO YOUUU!
Listen to me I don't wanna leave and I'm losing you but..
(Oh no it's really happening right?)
MONSTERS TAKE PLEASURE.
In stealing our treasure!
Those monsters down under
hath force us to (sunder!)

Jeremy Tisci and Alicia Gardini start dancing again but this time Alicia falls into the smoke, which signifies the loss of the character.

Romeo and Juliet you feeelllll (fall)
To save you from the darkness that took you
And I'm desperate to try to come afterrr you
So if I sleep and never wake up WE CAN REUNIIIITE!
(AUUUH!)

The solo begins and everything goes dark in the room except for two spotlights, one focused on Tisci and one focused on Gardini, he goes to pick her up and struggles with it, and eventually she gets up and they start slow dancing with each other, the whole cliche slowdance performance but just as the percussion stops on the solo, another actor playing as a doctor grabs Tisci and places him on a hospital bed while Gardini falls back down into the smoke, and then soon after, the rest of the stage brightens up.

The whole solo had signified the near death experience that was had. And Ramirez starts singing again.

Please, just let me live with her...
cuz she is somewhere better and that is for sure
Oh why the hell does this world have to be so bad
What is good has now gone rotten I'm sad
cuz injustice has taken her and I WILL NEVER RECOVEEEER!

Romeo and Juliet I feeelllll (fall)
To save us from the darkness that took her
And I'm desperate to try to come afterrr her
And I looked at my texts

She said she'll NEVER miss ANYTHING!
(never miss anything)
I will miss EVERYTHING!
(I will miss everything)

And then, as instruments and drumming fades, the stage lights fade out, Ramirez smiling a bit and saying "thank you, cherbourg and thank you worldvision!" and he holds out a peace sign as he faces away to say bye
Last edited by Zeganas on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My main IC factbook
My solar system factbook
My 4 sapient races/species factbook
INFJ (maybe), american, libertarian-left, worldbuilder, love music
I don't use NS stats.

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Commentary (Darkmanaia)

Postby Darkmania » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:57 am

LIVE FROM CHERBOURG, NORMNANDY & PICARDY ITS WSC 53!!

DaTV commentary hosted by Frëdrik Känase and Julia Festmedne!

Julia Festmedne (Music critic)
Frëdrik Känase (Comentator for DaTV)

Welcome, dear tv-watcher, to a night where nation come to gether, in peace and harmony. And to see if Darkmania do get points this year!
That is more true than true! This is the first year where we do not use the hastag "#GoodLuckDarkmania", due to our habit to come near last place. Our boy, Däniel peformes as song nr 05. We also has our own "Åland". The Indipendent Darkamanian Stad of Hiklarmangia, to perform as Hiklarmangia as song nr 06. With no bullshit, let us rewiev the song!

WIP
Last edited by Darkmania on Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Darkmania
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 18, 2015

WIP (Darkmanian Entry)

Postby Darkmania » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:58 am

05.Darkmania

Däniel Yrdempër- Gone

On stage there are a guy (its not Däniel) who plays the piano. The stage are covert in smoke and hides the feets to Däniel. The audience glows as shown in pic.

I stand here
Just for you
She was mine
Went away
Where are you now?

I wish you were here. Always by your side.
Somehow, a murder ended your life...

I promise I will be there, even you`re gone
I`m here for you
Will forever be in your side
I promise with all my words
I’ll wait forever and a lifetime
To find where you are
I wish you were still here

Four violinists now has joined Däniel as a part of the performance and play
Humble me
Are alone.
Are you there?
Answer me
Where are you now?

I wish you were here. Always by your side.
Somehow, a murder ended your life...

I`m here for you
Will forever be in your side
I promise with all my words
I’ll wait forever and a lifetime
To find where you are

He now looks at the camera, struggling to not cry.

The music cuts out and he sings the last line, almost like he`s crying.
I wish you were still here.
Last edited by Darkmania on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
26/M/NORWAY #DMN
Favourite Wikipedia-Page

DATV NEWS - [NEWS] • [SPORT]

Hiklarmangia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiklarmangia » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:03 am

6.Hiklarmaniga
Pulled out
Last edited by Hiklarmangia on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a puppet for Darkmania.

This is mostly only used for joke RP with"of the best English that is of perfect". If I accidentally use this instead of my main, then blame Canada.

In-Character, Forum-Only Name is TIDS Hiklarmangia. (The Indipendenent Darkmanian State)

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:13 am

07.Alighi Federal-Democratic Republic

Song Title: When you wake up
Artist: Ottarson Kaliadottir Jasmine

Tune: https://youtu.be/qdwdDYNhtjg

Artist Story:

Born in Chackwood in Canton Gracemeria, from icelandic parents. He do a normal school career, he do the Seconary School (the Elementary School) at Mandela Elementary School, to Thridary Scholl (Middle School) at Chancellor Russo Dario Thirdary School, and for the Fourthary school she do a gymnaisum at Gracemerian Musical High School, diplomed with the vote 100 of 100 point. She gone to the Cantonal University of Gracemeria, doing the Musical Art course, grautated with an excelent 110 with lode.

She became famous in ALinghi whe she was 25 years old. Became a little popular

Tree years ago she ha an car accident what near killed her. Someone hit her paralized the her legs, she can't walk. But her fortitude help to rise again, and won the contest what will represent the our nation at WorldWision edition numer 53

She entering in wheel chair
She take the micophone, an put in her heignt

and begin

the light were of low intensity
When today you wake up
and do the tings of you routine
you don't know that it's possible
what it can be the your last day
of your...

of your life

Maybe this doesn't happen to you
I wish You don't die toda-ay
but also it's a remote possibility
what a car ca hit you
you can die today

And thato Can I do?
It can happen to you

Suddently the light of the stage will become vivacious.

You can live every day
as the last of our days
a live intensely our life
to be happy,
and do the thing that
we like,
we like,
we like,

This is a my advice
to have a happy life
exploiting all the occation
what the life give us
and do the thing that we like
we like
we like

That we like

Two years ago I thought what the life is long
and I thinck what where are timeto do everithing that I want
but it's happened an accident what near killed me
and I understat that the life must be live day by day

Can happened also to me?
The propability is low

You can live every day
as the last of our days
a live intensely our life
to be happy, and do
the thing that we like,
we like,
we like,

This is a my adv-ice
to have a happy life
exploiting all the occation
what the life give us
and do the thing that we like
we like
we like

That we like

Now the light stiwed off, and remain only the light who englight only the artist

Don't fell bad to me
because now I'm live
and I can do what I want
but in a different ways
and do the things that I like
I like
I like

The light of the stage agian became to be vivacious

Now, I live every day
as the last of my days.
I live intensely the my life
to be happy, and do
the thing that I like,
I like,
I like
What I like

What I like

What I like

After the song she pleased the public e return with her wheelchair behing the stage
Last edited by Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

Adab
Negotiator

Founded: May 28, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Adab » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:40 am

8. Adab
“Come Back"
Writer: Kinan al-Salaman
Performer: Kinan al-Salaman

Al-Salaman posing for The Adab Times, a week ago

Tune: George Michael - Freedom! '90
Language: English

Background

The period between WorldVision 52 and 53 was not especially kind to Kinan al-Salaman. Having achieved 13th place at WorldVision 52 - his highest ranking since some editions before - al-Salaman was hoping that the road to the next WorldVision contest would be a smooth one and that he would have more time and freedom to build on his success. What al-Salaman hoped did not eventually come to pass; first, a rising hip-hop artist issued a formal challenge to al-Salaman for the WorldVision baton. Enlil Haider, like some other artists and figures of the music industry, claimed that al-Salaman had been representing Adab at the contest for far too long, declaring him an obstacle to young, up-and-coming artists who desired to make a name for themselves in the international scene. Unlike the others, however, Haider made it abundantly clear that his challenge to al-Salaman was a serious one: he went as far to issue a written statement and have it displayed prominently on some of the country’s most-read newspapers, in which he stated that "young Adabian artists are tired of al-Salaman refusing to offer others the chance at competing on WorldVision" and that "al-Salaman seems determined to make it seem to the whole world that he is the only Adabian artist worthy of international fame and recognition." Al-Salaman issued a formal (and much more reserved) reply two days later, accepting Haider's challenge. (He also denied all charges and accused Mr. Haider of "exaggeration without any proof whatsoever," but otherwise wished Mr. Haider the best for him and his family "with all my heart.")

To make matters worse, the long-awaited showdown between one of Adab's most respected singers and his brash, acid-tongued young challenger turned horribly awry as soon as Haider took to the stage. In front of quite the massive TV and Internet audience, along with those actually present at the venue in Baghdad, Haider went mad and immediately launched into a lengthy diatribe, which saw him spew out a rapid barrage of insults and accusations, sometimes to random members of the venue audience, sometimes to seemingly no one at all, engage in a brief episode of physical violence, boast of his (false) military history, and generally babble to the point of incoherence. The showdown was immediately canceled, with Haider disqualified and al-Salaman declared the winner by default. The investigation that began immediately afterwards showed that Haider had consumed poisoned water at the venue, and that al-Salaman had nearly consumed it as well. Immediately rumors started to fly, with a few going as far as to accuse al-Salaman of deliberately poisoning his opponent (an accusation which, of course, was completely unfounded). The unexpected and unwelcome media spotlight on al-Salaman over the following days and weeks eventually unsettled the singer to the extent that he decided to isolate himself in a house owned by a cousin on the foot of Tell Qeni, the highest point of his ancestral region Jabal al-Druze. For the first time in his life, the normally open and sociable singer hired bodyguards, who proceeded to shoe off intrusive journalists, paparazzi, and even ordinary people who merely sought to have a glimpse of al-Salaman.

Ultimately, fleeing to and seeking shelter in his cousin's isolated home seemed to have a positive effect on al-Salaman; by the time he emerged from his isolation and returned to Adab City twelve days later, he had composed tens of new songs, including the one that he intended to perform at WorldVision 53. Al-Salaman has described “Come Back" as "a personally liberating song." "To put it roughly," al-Salaman said in an interview with The Adab Times, "I just tried to pay less attention to the lyrics and pour my heart out, liberate myself from whatever imaginary shackles had been keeping me down and down during the previous days and weeks. It's just me trying to create a song that could really free me from all the stress and downers that I'd been experiencing at that time."

The performance

Without warning, thin smoke poured from above and below the stage, with a loud sound that was something between gassing and a hissing snake. The smoke spread across the stage, eventually blocking all view of the stage and everything beyond it to those in the venue. As the smoke slowly crept to the front rows, perplexed members of the audience realized that the smoke actually had quite the wonderful, enchanting smell, like that of flowers at the dawn of spring. As some, in their amazement and enchantment, took in more of the smoke (others tried not to do it, feeling that the smoke was dangerous to inhale, even though it actually wasn't), the loudspeakers aired a brief announcement, accompanied the faint, soft sound of strings in the background, voiced by none other than al-Salaman himself, telling the audience in an eerie, robotic low voice that the smoke was definitely not dangerous and was in fact composed of "healing properties for the body and soul" that would be beneficial to those who inhaled them.

After about a minute or two, the smoke slowly began to clear, and along with its dissipation came the sound of the intro and the sight of al-Salaman's backing band, each one of them already at his post and playing the assigned instrument. The sound gradually became somewhat louder, as al-Salaman's dancers jumped, walked, and crawled into visibility, suddenly crowding the back part of the stage. They then divided themselves into two groups based on their clothes, and spread to the left and right part of the stage. The left part of the stage was filled with dancers dressing like hippies in all their glorious colors, while the right part found itself crowded by those who clothed themselves like the pharaohs of old.

The dancers continued spreading and encircling the stage, with a few of them crouching a bit and surrounding al-Salaman's backing musicians, softly running their hands up and down the heads and backs of those musicians. A tall, dark man dressed in only his pants came running to the stage, shouting "No more oppression! No more shackles! We're done!" Around him sparks of blue fire suddenly reached up almost to the ceiling from holes that had opened up around the stage, and still al-Salaman's men continued, unperturbed, with their acrobatic dances on the stage.

Just as it started to seem that the intro was about to drag on and on, the man everyone was waiting for appeared, greeted on the stage by stronger blue flames that flashed every four or five seconds. Al-Salaman came to the stage riding an electric scooter, rocking a black leather jacket and perfectly dark sunglasses, the jacket neatly covering the edges of a blue shirt. Al-Salaman leapt off the scooter, who then retreated to the back part of the stage and sat down surrounded by dancers from both groups. Al-Salaman himself advanced to the front, swaying his hips and briefly grabbing some dancers along the way. Much applause was heard in the audience, but the Adabian entourage, in particular, stood up and cheered their champion. The singer pointed a finger and waved at them as he entered into the song.

Gotta walk right out
Though man I wanna stay here
Gotta prove I still have the gifts
To keep the naysayers shut
Gotta walk right out
And receive all the earth
Yeah I would really, really love to show it all, oh boy

In what appeared to be a spontaneous act, al-Salaman jumped off the stage and walked to the front rows, where excited attendees quickly surrounded him as he shook their hands and blew kisses. The Adabians in the entourage rushed towards and gathered around their hero, raising him and proudly parading him around the venue.

The Lord knows I gotta show all of me
Man I had to stop being scared all the time
I walked right back down from the mountains
And I guess the storm just gave in to me
To pave the way, to show them all
Who's the real king, pretenders stop talking
The king of rock and roll TV
I got to throw the first stone and also the last as well
God, you know I feel mighty great today

Al-Salaman then made his way back to the stage, where a few dancers converged on him, seemingly admiring and worshiping him. Meanwhile, another dancer had seized control of al-Salaman's scooter, riding her around and around the back part of the stage to provide a wild, and rather hilarious, background.

People there's something you oughta know
The time has come to announce it
Take back all of your pretty words
It's time you all just step aside
Don't even bother returning
You can't even make sense of it
I just hope you all know now
That the real deal is back and you can't stop him

All you gotta do now
Is leave this all and let the man take it
All you have to see
Is that they don't belong to you
Not that you can ever own it, yea yea
Come back
People I'm coming back
Come back
This time it's for real
Come back
You gotta give for what you steal
Come back
People I'm coming back
Come back
This time it's for real
Come back

As the Adabian entourage cheered him on, al-Salaman jumped and swayed his hips wildly in excitement. He grabbed the dancer closest to him with one arm, and with the other arm he waved to the worshipful audience with a great smile, after which he let the dancer go.

Heaven knows you sure had a party
Well it's time I come and close it all down
You had all the gossipers and tabloids addicted to you, man
But really you just deluded them all
You stacked the cards, but I won the game
I came for my throne and the adoration
Of all my followers
I got to throw the first stone and also the last as well
Man, the cameras they smile for me

People there's something you oughta know
The time has come to announce it
Take back all of your pretty words
It's time you all just step aside
Don't even bother returning
Don't even dream of touching me
That the real deal is back and I've got you in my grasp

All you gotta do now
All you have to see
Come back
People I'm coming back
Come back
This time it's for real
Come back
Come back
People I'm coming back
Come back
This time it's for real
Come back

With the time for the instrumental break having come, al-Salaman once again descended to the front rows, at which point an excited attendee - an Adabian, apparently, as he had a little flag of the country in his hand - ran all the way from the last row to the singer. As the rest of the venue turned to this man - some cheering, some applauding, others just looking on - he spontaneously hugged al-Salaman. Al-Salaman obliged and returned the hug briefly, after which he appeared to whisper a little prayer for the man, who went right back to the last row, having said not even a single word in the process.

Boy it sure does feel so great now
I'm coming back to reclaim what's mine
The storms cleared and the snow stopped
And I told the lion to sit
Lay out all those red carpets now
And begone from my sight quickly
When you shake your hips
I see it clear
You just can't be great

That's what I know
That's what I know
That's what I know
I tell you that's what I know
That's what I know and I don't feel ashamed
That's what I know and I don't regret anything

That's what I know
That's what I know
After all we went through
That the real deal is back and you can't stop him

By this time, al-Salaman had returned to the stage. The dancers had started to converge around him once again, some raising and flailing their hands as if worshiping the singer, others crouching and crawling to and around him, while a few walked circles around al-Salaman.

All you gotta do now
All you have to see
Come back
People I'm coming back
Come back
This time it's for real
Come back
Come back
People I'm coming back
Come back
This time it's for real
Come back

The music lingered on for a few more minutes, slowly fading away. When it finally came to an end, al-Salaman gathered his backing musicians and dancers at the front of the stage, where everybody bowed to the audience before taking their leave. "Thank you Cherbourg! Thank you WorldVision!" said al-Salaman as he himself walked backstage, turning to the audience one more time. "Thank you and good night!"
Male, 23, Indonesian

Major partner in free association with Faraby (that's my puppet/secondary nation IRL).

Factbook

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.
-Muhammad Ali

Ekoz
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

9. Ekoz

Postby Ekoz » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:11 pm

The STE, the national broadcasting corporation responsible for the Ekozian representative at the WorldVision Song Contest announced previously that they would be broadcasting the Worldvision Song Contest once again and naturally looked for entries to participate in Melodifestivålen.

Aksel Jonson, 19, submitted his self-written song "You're The One" to the STE to purely get someone to hear his song. What was not expected was the reaction of the STE and their extremely quick response to Aksel. Bosses at the STE were so impressed with Aksel's submission that it was decided that the final Melodifestivålen participants were to be changed.

Aksel states, "It was a complete shock to even hear back from the STE, I mean, it's the STE for goodness sakes and I'm just a small-town kid from Umøa. I'm so nervous to perform the song. The guy I wrote this song about has no idea it's about him, and of course, I'm singing to nations that may not be completely accepting of same sex relationships, so it's scary, but I'm ready to take on the challenge."

Aksel is stook behind a mic stand, centre stage. He is wearing a black fitted t-shirt, black jeans and boots. The stage is completely empty with a square white LED background wall behind him. As he starts to sing, he looks into the camera lens. He seems nervous, and grabs the microphone and begins the first verse.

I know,
Those three words are thrown about without no meaning,
But I never lie,
No, never lie,
Open up to all the feelings rushing to you,
Uh, baby I'm in love.

He begins to loosen up, and sings into the microphone. He lets go of the mic and starts to move to the music slightly. He starts tapping his hand on the side of his hip and looks towards the audience.

This feeling inside,
A burning desire,
Won't leave me alone.

I want to scream it out loud,
To show you I'm so proud, oh.

As the chorus begins, the camera pans across the stage before zooming out, revealing an sea of white lights in the audience. The crowd let out a cheer. Throughout the chorus, the camera pans onto a profile shot of Aksel, a shot from behind and then a return to the centre stage.

All I see in my daydream,
Such perfection, oh it's seems.
But it's not a secret,
Don't keep it,
You're the one.
You're the one.

All my days seems so endless,
Babe, you make me so restless,
'Cos I want you always,
Here With me,
You're the one.
You're the one.

The camera stands at the floor of the stage, aiming up towards Aksel. He looks down into the camera which slowly pans up from his legs to his head. On the line "love is love", Aksel raises his hands slightly; the camera pans out and reveals two silhouettes on the LED screen, giving the illusion that Aksel is holding hands.

Barriers will try to constantly blockade us,
But we can't be beat,
Won't admit defeat,

Love is love, is love, and babe they will accept us,
Our hearts of love,
Both beat as one.

The camera returns to a profile view of Aksel, revealing both the stage and the audience. He looks into the camera more comfortably and capsizes the audience with his glare into the lens.

But one thing is clear,
if you're never near,
my world falls apart, fade away.

Cos we're meant to be,
just like a lock and key,
release me.

As the chorus begins, the camera again pans across the stage before zooming out, revealing an sea of white lights in the audience. Similarly to the first chorus, the camera pans onto a profile shot of Aksel, a shot from behind and then a return to the centre stage.

All I see in my daydream,
Such perfection, oh it's seems.
But it's not a secret,
Don't keep it,
You're the one.
You're the one.

All my days seems so endless,
Babe, you make me so restless,
'Cos I want you always,
Here With me,
You're the one.
You're the one.

The camera zooms out, revealing the entire stage, the crowd and the LED wall. Two lines of children appear on both sides of the stage. The children's part of the song are italicised.

Love is love,
Love is love

Cos, I want you always, here with me,
you're the one, you're the one

Aksel moves around the stage. Two giant images of two men holding hands with their backs to the camera are projected on the giant screen. The crowd let out a huge cheer. Aksel dances and smiles around the immediate stage where his microphone is placed.

Love is love,
love is love,

You know its true
love is love,
love is love

You are the one.

Can't stop saying you're the one

love is love
I want you always, here with me, you're the one, you're the one
You're the one
You're the one

Aksel: Thank-you World! Takk Ekoese!
Last edited by Ekoz on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koniksgrand Eköses
The Great Kingdom of Ekoz
Ekoz in the WorldVision Song Contest

Bloodbath Generation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloodbath Generation » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:31 pm

10. Bloodbath Generation
Paradise-Sarah Ringer
to the tune of Carly Rae Jepsen- Run Away With Me

Filling my mind
All of my thoughts
All of my feelings, feelings

Just wanna go
Shout this all out
Tell them we're living, living

We're living in this
Beautiful paradise, oooh

Whistling winds
crashing of waves
framing our moments, moments

Just you and I
Together tonight
let them all know this, know this

That this is nothing
short of a paradise, oooh

Let's go and lose our
selves in every motion
every heartbeat and every notion

Is this
something
'mazing
or just something that we maybe
fail to
understand
Here in paradise
This is paradise

We're young but
we know
youth is fleeting
And now your love's got me screaming
off of every roof
Here in paradise
This is paradise

verse 3

verse 4

Is this
something
'mazing
or just something that we maybe
fail to
understand
Here in paradise
This is paradise

We're young but
we know
youth is fleeting
And now your love's got me screaming
off of every roof
Here in paradise
This is paradise
Last edited by Bloodbath Generation on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cosneolta
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosneolta » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:58 am

11 Image Cosneolta

Orchestrata ft. Justs Prazeres - Glow
Tune: Robin Schulz & David Guetta ft. Cheat Codes - Shed A Light

The song starts with Justs standing in the centre of a white stage with a mini-orchestra either side of him. Three violinists stand to the left and two cellists stand to the right. All of the members of the orchestra play there instruments while Justs sings the lyrics, static behind a microphone stand.
Why is the world full of hesitation?
How can we stop this devastation?
I just want to spread my wings, my luminous heart, it knows no end.
This opportunity is not worth missing
Peace is the goal, the end-game, and the mission
Can we end this suffering? I just want to work, to make a change.

The camera moves up onto the stage and circles Justs while he continues to sing the lyrics. The light around the stage begin to flash on and off with the beat of the song. Justs sings into the central camera in the arena as it is zoomed in on his face, for the final line of the song, Justs offers his hand to the camera to sing at the people at home. The lights around the arena subside to make way for the chorus.

And I don't know if these words are enough
And I don't know how many will just heed the call
I will give all of my love, to you.

The camera angle now encompasses all of the stage including the orchestra, who are playing their instruments as Justs sings in the centre of the stage. All the light flashes to the beat of the songs with the LED screen in the background completely white. The brightness of the stage compared to the darkness of the audience gets more intense as the stage begins to light up, leading to the instrumental part of the song.

Somewhere here in the world, children smile with glee
Stand up a shout, shine your light, baby
Shine a light, let it glow. Shine a light, let it glow

I'm gonna spread all my love, 'cause I feel so free.
I wanna shout, shine your light, baby.

The camera does a series of sweeping shots around the back of the arena. The stage remains in the centre of the screen as hoards of waving flags and bouncing fans swoosh past in the foreground. The orchestra plays their instruments more intensely this time, with Justs clicking his fingers in time with the music.

For the second verse, Justs takes the microphone off the stand and walks forward to the camera who is waiting at the edge of the stage. He clutches his heart as he sings the lyrics with passion. The stage is now pitch black save for one bright light save for a bright light at the back of the stage which Justs' body is obscuring.

Will this victory ever be ours?
We can overcome it, with our powers.
I can feel the hope within, and if we come together we will win

Justs walks to the front of the stage to sing into the audience. He greets a couple of his fans who are offering his fans and he shakes their hand while walking along the edge of the stage. For the final line, he looks into the higher stands and sings into them while the white lights of he stage fade once again for the second interlude

And I don't know if these words are enough
And I don't know how many will just heed the call
I will give all of my love, to you.

Justs returns to the microphone stand and spreads his arms out wide to sing the song. The cellists are calmly playing their instruments while the people who are playing the violins are frantically moving their sticks back and forth to the tune of the music. The lights begin to get more intense once again for the second instrumental of the song, which gets the crowd excited.

Somewhere here in the world, children smile with glee
Stand up a shout, shine your light, baby

The camera sweeps around the arena once again, taking in the vastness of the arena. A wind machine is turned of as Justs sings the final lines of the song, the camera is zoomed up on his face and he sings the lyrics as the wind blows his hair back. The lights subside for the final time as the stage turns to black to signal the end of the song.

(Shine your light, shine your light baby
shine you light, shine your light baby)

The orchestra all stand up and the crowd applauds when the song it finished. 'Thank You Normandy, Thank You Cosneolta!'. The orchestra follow Justs as they walk off the stage, taking their instruments with them. The post card then begins for next nation.
Last edited by Cosneolta on Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dini is my daddy.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am

Kwadai
Singer:Layla al Qasimi
Melody: Hailee Steinfeld ft Zedd - Starving

I've been waitin' a long time
After last summer
I would've walked a thousand miles
But I'm holding back now

Confused is all I can think of when I see you
Something inside you's changed
October isn't summertime

Who knew that I'd be up chasing after you
On the balcony each morning trying to get the best view
I don't know but I care, my head's telling me different
I just don't want to be waiting another year again

Who knew that I.....Who knew that I...after you

I don't know, but I care, my head's telling me different

You know just how to make
Me lost in my thoughts
Emotional earthquakes,
Can only mean disaster

You left right on time, to make my mind freeze
Yeah, something inside you's changed
October isn't summertime
It really isn't summertime, no, yeah

Who knew that I'd be up chasing after you
On the balcony each morning trying to get the best view
I don't know if I care, my head's telling me different

You, yeah, waiting another year

Confused is all I can think of when I see you
Something inside you's changed
October isn't summertime

Last edited by Kwadai on Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:31 pm

13. _Tödlichebujoku_

After a string of serious, emotional entries, and a disappointing last contest, TÖBUK was ready for a change. With its fourth Sinun Valintasi national final, the broadcaster focused on submissions with an upbeat outlook and a catchy tune. Will this change help the broadcaster save face?
The group SVAJONĖ formed when aspiring singer Svenya Bachmann met producer Jouko Rubenis at a bar in Sinnlichshükai, a city near Äußerstenkeiken. After releasing a few underground hits, and touring the nightclubs throughout the nation and various neighboring ones, they had a song accepted by TÖBUK for the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest. Excited to showcase their song, which they've described as "a sort of empowerment dance anthem", the pair quickly accepted the offer and soon found themselves in Normandy and Picardy.

The stage isn't lit from above as much as it is lit from below and around, the lighting pulsing with the beat. An F1 and a GT1 car, both chrome-wrapped, can be seen parked on stage, in a V formation facing the audience. Svenya is softly illuminated by a single spotlight, leaning on a front fender of the GT1 and wearing a cropped t-shirt and short shorts, as if she were at a summer street party. She has a bit of a devilish glint in her eye
Take your pick,
We don't care if you're sober
We've got time till it's over

Can't deny
Getting drunk with this power
The air's loud, getting louder

The background screens show faint footage of endurance races. Vertical beams alternate with the beat as Svenya stands up and walks to the center of the stage, joined by a pair of shirtless male dancers (underwear models somewhat like so) on either side
We're raging all night long
We're fueled and racing on
Keep going and don't stop now
End, less, Dynamo

Blacked out, but I'm strong
The beat, it moves me along
Becoming one with the song
What, a, Dynamo

The stadium spotlights shine vertically over the audience, alternating with the beat, as Svenya and the men dance
Dynamo

D-D-Dynamo

Flashes of physical/team sports competition footage give way to street racing and cars with aftermarket parts. The dancing slows down
Hold on tight,
Pace won't get any slower
Moves are just gettin' bolder

Like your ride
Slammed it down to the sewer
Looks can't be any smoother

The background screens show a sports car driving down a rural highway at night, as Svenya reclines on the nose of the F1 car, gazing toward the audience. Multiple spotlights focus on her, and the dancers line up along the back of the stage, dancing in unison
Take me for tonight
The stars streaming by so bright
We'll never give up the fight
Per, fect, Dynamo

Remember being slow
A feeling you'll never know
We'll wash it out with this glow
Push, that, Dynamo

The lights brighten and Svenya and the dancers head to the front of the stage, combining fast-paced synchronized dancing with cheerleader-esque routines, including Svenya executing a flip over a dancer
Dynamo

D-D-Dynamo

The dancers lie down and disappear behind the cars, and the lights tone down. Svenya stands up and walks to the edge of the stage, with countdown timers projected all around her. Footage of various football matches and races play in the background
Maybe it's hard and you're out there pushin' for hours
It's pretty intense when you're doing your all in the field
I've got the love and you've got the power to make it
So keep pushing, keep going, keep running…

The timers all hit zero, with the spotlights on Svenya intensifying. She belts out the last line with all she's got
Oh it's a wild ride
You're not giving up the fight
You're not gonna stop tonight….

The two cars start up and start revving (having been tuned to reduce noise), with a backfire effect created with occasional flickers of flame in the exhausts. The lights intensify and the dancers, now in jerseys that read "DYNAMO", jump and whirl around her
We're raging all night long
We're fueled and racing on
Keep going and don't stop now
Like, a, Dynamo

Remember being slow
A feeling you'll never know
We'll wash it out with this glow
Like, a, Dynamo

Svenya joins the dancers in their fast-paced dancing, heading down the projecting platform
Dynamo
Dynamo
You're got the power

She is raised up by the dancers at the end of the platform. A special light shines upon her, revealing her clothes to be woven with a special thread and her skin and hair covered in a special dye that causes her body and clothes to glow radiant metallic gold
D-D-Dynamo

The light flashes, then fades away

Svenya and her dancers walk up to the front of the stage and bow. "Kiitos Cherbourg!" she shouts, before leaving the stage.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Silvacometopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvacometopia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:15 am

14. Silvacometopia
Helena Sydney - Come With Me

Tune - Samantha Jade - Sweet Talk
GFWC III RUNNERS UP
GFWC III HOSTS
NSGFA MEMBER, RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:00 am

A: Antoine Jakarthia Luke
B: Besoche Jarismus George

A: Welcome to the 53rd edition of the WorldVision, an content what our nation doesn't go well. But maybe this year can be the a good time. Im Antoine Jakarthia Luke, an at my right to comment this edition where are Besoche Jarismus George. Say hello at our wievers from tv now.
B: Yes, hallo? This edition con be show s surprise or a delusion, and now it's the time to discover it. Let's teh dream begin!!!

01. MERCENDI

A: The first Nation is Mercendini,
B: Not!!! It's Mercendi, the name is similiar, attoention to televoters , don't be confuse at the televoting!!!
A: Ah, yes. And it's the first partecipation of the nation at the WorldVision

<song>

B: Ahhh... the song go to on the "song theme" to the toilette. It's sad because the musicality of the crack is nice
A: Eh, maybe at tne next time the nation will do better
B: Now the comment of the public

The song, It send me to the toilet , it's horrible. This is a song what to send at worldwision? -- Kony.23

02. POLKOPIA

A: Now, we have a veteran of the competition. Polkopia
B: He will delice us with Cameron Poloz - Stešti'

<song>

A: Mmmm... First I can't understand, but i have an translation.
B: Ehhh... It's not fantastic. Go fast to the next song

03. KALOSIA

A: It's the time of the Kalosia
B: With O-Kai, Kiss You Goodbye.
A: She believe for the second WorldWision victory
B: Yes, It's the moment to discover it.

<song>

A: Nice, but no fantastic.
B: Yes. Can do better. Probably can take at max 1 or 2 points, not more, depends from the vote of the jury and the Viewes.
A: I remind to vote the your favourite song call the numner (+777) 01 1343 12 "song's number" or send a What's App message, or a simple message texting the song's number at 313 2324 231. Or download the specific app WorldWision 53 FS, and select who you'll vote

04. Zeganaz

B: It's the time of Zeganas
A: He'll hear us
B: Romeo and Julliet from Candels of Capricorn

<song>

A: Ahhhh... Horrible
B: Yes, the Metal Rock is nice musical genre, but it's too exagerated. And the text
A: Mmm... The text of the song is better, this can save the song.

05. DARKMANIA

B: It's the turn of darkmania
A: The singer Yrdemper Daniel, wil sing to us Gone
B: Now, he becin to sing

<song>

A: It's boooring
B: Ronf... Ronf... Ah it's ended, sincerely we prefer not a necessary a sprint song, but a song that don't sleeping us

06. HIKLAMANIGA

*WIP*

07. ALINGHI FDR

A: Oh, it's our turn, the our singer can conquest the WorldWision's public?
B: We believe, We'll remind what we cant vote for ourself, the vote will be nullified.

<song>

A: Ok. This is the time of the redemption, We wish
B: Yes, I'll remid for the second time, you can't vote for oursef

08. ADAB

A: Now it the time of Adab
B: Wait, he sing also at the last WorldWision
A: Hmmm... Alinghers can not appreciate this...

<song>

B: Not good, also in this time, it' a near failure
A: Only better whan at "evaquation song"

09. EKOZ

*WIP*

10. BLOODBATH GENERATION

*WIP*

11. COSNEOLTA

*WIP*

12. KWADAI

A: Now, it's the ourn of Kwadai, te twelth nation
B: Yes, now the nation will hear to us a Laila Al-Qasmi song

<song>

A: <Ah, pretty song is hearable
B: Yes, where are some thing what we don't like but is not bad. Nice Kalosia

13. TODLICHEBUJOKU

*WIP*

14. SILVACOMETOPIA

*WIP*
Last edited by Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
[color=color=#00BF00] Democracy, social equity, switzerland, Democratic Socialism, EU (had some problems, but this not mean that it's unfixable), UN, Federalism, same sex marriage and Schengen , Ferderal non-ethinc based Palestine or in alternative two-states solution, Civic Nationalism on eventual European Federation (or Euro-civic-nationalism), Interculturalism(is a bit different whan MultiCulturalism)[/color]
Dictatorship, Fascism, Communism, Racism, Putin's Russia, Meloni, religion (as organized structures), Trump, Erdogan , British Gov., Netanyahu, Orban, Etno-Nationalism, Clericalism.
The tax rate is the half of NS index, pop. is different

I'm gay - I have Asperger Syndrome
I support
UKRAINE Peace, not a second München 38

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:13 am

15 - Normandy and Picardy
Joanne - The Call
Tune (Emma - Circle of Light)

Last contest saw the first time in several contests that Normandy and Picardy had ended up outside of the top 10 (11th). This, coming the contest after a win, was a bit of a shock to the Normand WorldVision fan base (most the population, seemingly), and to NNN themselves. NNN director Jean Vilneuche saw this as the perfect opportunity to bring back the Normand NF 'Qui Chantera pour Normandie', which the last two times was scrapped at the last minute; this time, however, the NF would go ahead. NNN quickly began talking to various record labels, trying to secure the best of Normand talent, before opening a public entry website, where people could post acts and the three songs with the highest votes would go into the final along with the professional acts. This was met with some criticism, with many saying that joke entries would use it as a way to get into the contest. Indeed, this did happen, as Pierre Pierre-Louis and his song 'Abracadabrant' won the public preselection; NNN officials did try to find as way to stop it from entering the final, but there way nothing they could do. The other two acts were Loma, with 'Another One' and Joanne with 'The Call'. In the end it was Joanne who won the contest, with the votes from the Normand and international juries helping her along the way. Eight acts competed at 'Qui Chantera pour Normandie' but the race was clearly between Pierre Pierre-Louis (who won the public vote) and Joanne, who eventually won by 3pts. Joanne herself is 29 years old and from Rouen, one of the largest cities in Normandy and Picardy. Music had always been a passion of hers, although she had never seriously gone into it; she works normally as a manager at a small retail company. However, a producer and friend of Joanne's convinced her to enter a song to the public preselection. Now, Joanne is about to perform to the world; she never would have dreamed it would hapen. Now it is quite real, but the question is how will she do? Let's find out...

The stage is completely covered by darkness, the audience sitting still in anticipation of the home act; a few can't hide the cheers of excitement, but all in all the crowd succeed. As the music begins, a spotlight appears on the right hand side of the stage, which the cameras zoom into, showing one of the violinists from the l'Orchestre National de la Normandie et Picardie playing the opening music, surrounded by smoke that covers his feet, small curls floating above the main blanket. There is a sudden flash of light, and the focus of the cameras switches to show Emma, who wears a wispy, white dress. She is sitting on a platform on the opposite side of the stage, which is hidden from view, in a dim spotlight just light enough to see her; the spotlight becomes brighter and brighter as the verse progresses. The background shows embers like this, moving about, lighting the stage faintly along with the spotlight.

The darkness laps at our feet
But the light waits, it waits for us to come
The future's calling our names
So hold on to me, and I'll hold onto you

Emma stands up, and moves towards the centre of the stage leaving her stone behind, the stone still wisping on it. The spotlight disappears, being replaced by general lighting, which grows more intense during the second verse. Joanne sings into the camera, as if the audience at home are the person she is speaking to through this song. The embers in the background continue to move about, but grow more intense and fill more of the screens.

I hear destiny's voice
I see a world where we can be as one
So why hold yourself back now?
This is our time

As the prechorus/chorus begins, the lights suddenly pick up, and gain a touch of blue. The lights grow more intense towards the end of this section, and shadows can be seen moving about in the darkness, waiting for the chorus to fully begin. As the music fully picks up and the main section of the chorus begins, the stage is fully light, with it and the background exploding into a cacophony of light and colour. The violinist is joined an entire folk band, all in black, positioned on platforms similar to Joanne's around the stage. The camera pans around the stage, Joanne following it and singing still into the camera.

Tonight we will answer the call
It washes over every part of me
As we march onwards into the dawn
Reach for the stars, reach for eternity
Tonight we will answer the call (x2)

As the chorus ends, the stage 'calms down'; the lights become dimmer and the background now shows an eye, the pupil of which contains a shadow of two people holding one another. This is faint but becomes apparent when the camera zooms in on it. Joanne walks towards the violinist and lays on the 'platform', looking up to him and at first reaching out too. A hologram projection of a ray of light, obviously symbolising the 'river of fate' described in the lyrics rushes past, and Joanne instead reaches out to that, before returning to were she was.

The shadows are closing on us
But until they come, we'll be in the light
We'll ride the river of fate until the end

As Joanne is walking, the hologram follows her and then races ahead before seeming to disappear into the floor. The lights begin to fade more and less intense, speeding up as the instrumental approaches. The eye in the background blinks, and as the instrumental begins is replaced by rays of colour, which accompany and encircle Joanne in hologram form before disappearing as she 'dances' around the stage.

Tonight we will answer the call (x3)

The lights in the stadium dim and a spotlight shines on Joanne, who is laid on the floor looking up to the cameras as she sings. The smoke works its way around her, floating into and out of the spotlight.

Tonight just hold me, no one can stop us right now
Tonight just hold me, the world is ours right now
Tonight just hold me, and I will hold on to you

As the final chorus begins there is a sudden flash, and the background is again once more alive with colour. The light and have fully become blue, and Joanne begins dancing again, the cameras following her as she weaves her around the band who keep on playing; she approaches each of them, before seemingly pushed away, like the light trying to push away the darkness (i.e. the reverse of the colour coordination - make of that what you will). As the final instrumental plays, Joanne continues, before seeming to run to the violinist and falling at his feet, accompanied by a flash of pyrotechnics.

As Joanne leaves the stage, making way for the next act from Arioslavia, the mainly Normand audience cheer madly, and she herself says 'Mèrchi, Thank You, let love and hope beat the darkness'
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Arioslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arioslavia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:00 pm

16. ARIOSLAVIA
DEBORA - I WILL WAIT
TUNE

Debora

Debora Weiss was born in Judea in 1990 - her father is an Arioslavian Jewish immigrant, while her mother is an Israeli Arab Christian. In 1998, three years after the dissolution of the USRR, her family moved to Arioslavia and they got an Arioslavian citizenship, as her father was an USRR citizen before leaving the country in the 70's. Debora started her career in 2012. She released three albums: Jamais!, Escape and Sense of Life. Her music style is usually described as pop or a pop-soul mix. In her songs, she uses English, Russian and French, which is quite unusual in Arioslavia. Her choice as a representant of Arioslavia at the 53rd WVSC in Cherbourg has sparked a controversy, many people pointed out that as an immigrant, she shouldn't represent the country and another artist should be sent to Normandy & Picardy. However, Debora received the support of many experts as well as the music industry and the national broadcaster ATV and she became Arioslavia's choice for the WVSC after having won the national finals. As she said in an interview, I feel Arioslavian. There's nothing to debate about - this is my country. And it's a great honour to represent my country in such a prestigious contest.

This year's Arioslavian proposition for the WV fans is called I will wait. It's a song about the modern world - a world without values, a world where nothing is certain, a world full of conflicts, war, hate and cruelty. Not very optimistic? Sure, but as Debora said when asked about her song, there's always a hope for a change - a hope for a better world.

As the song starts, Debora enters the stage, wearing a plain tight black outfit. The stage is slightly lighted, which fits the scene displayed onscreen: a city skyline. Everything creates an aura of tranquility.

An ilussion of a safe life,
It looked like we're living in a fairy tale...
Innocent and living in a lie
We aren't ready to die.

The city suddenly gets consumed by flames, as Debora's voice rises. It looked like a bombardment or a bomb strike. The scenery changes, it looks like the trails created by the bullets. As Debora sings, she looks around, shocked and horrified.

Sudden strike - and we must wake up!
It's an end of a dream,
A danger is near!
Sudden blast - and now we must run!
The streets are full of blood,
There's nowhere to hide!

As Debora sings the refrain, the blue lights penetrates the stage. On the screens, various scenes from the media all around the world (mainly from Ultimaverse) are displayed for few seconds - we see the footage of terrorist attacks, followed by silhouettes of masked armed men, soldiers in a ruined settlement, violent protests, clashes with the police, fragments of rallies of various radical movements, groups of refugees, etc.

Are we all insane?
I will wait,
I will wait!
Is it going to end?
I will await,
I will await
A better world to come.

During the instrumental part, Debora whispered:

A better world will come.

The scenery turns to a forest. Again, it's dispersed by the bullet trails. Debora bows in fear, like she's trying to avoid being hit. Kneeling, she sings:

The hunt has begun and we're the game.
They want us to live in an uncertainty.
We must hide, we must run
From the claws of the cruel death.
From the rage, from the hate...
Is there anyone who'll help us?
Is there anyone who'll save us?
Pray for peace? But we've been praying for years
And no answer has come, no answer has come...

The blue lights are lighted again, as Debora wakes up and sings the refrain. Once again, we see the fragments from the media - we see the speaking politicians, dictators, cheering crowds, army parades, scenes from the military excercises, followed by scenes of poverty and war.

Are we all insane?
I will wait,
I will wait!
Is it going to end?
I will await,
I will await
A better world to come.

Again, Debora whispers:

A better world will come.

During the instrumental part, the screens display silhouettes of a marching crowd. Four dancers enter the stage, carrying colorful flags. It looks like Debora is leading the silent crowd.

I want to start again,
I'm sure we can find a way
To unite, to get up, to defeat the hate,
We must be dedicated, motivated.
We need a mind revolution,
But who'll find a solution?
Yes, we need a mind revolution,
We need to explore our reason,
Cause this is our mission,
Yeah!

This time, during the refrain, the screens display the city street. The dancers dance to the rhytm of the music, waving flags, while Debora sings, rising her left hand:

Are we all insane?
I will wait,
I will wait!
Is it going to end?
I will await,
I will await
A better world to come.

The song comes to the end, the screens display a big Earth globe with lights of the big cities visible. The stage bursts with lights as Debora sings the final line:

I will await!
Yeah!
I will await!

After the finish, the crowds applauded and cheered madly. Debora bowed, said Marci! Marci, Cherbourg! and left the stage, waving to the audience.
Last edited by Arioslavia on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Based on Russia - 240 million people - Superpower (do not anger, we have nukes and 5 million army!) - Post-communist, socially liberal gov
Pro: Pragmatic Socialism, Social Liberalism, Leftist Nationalism, Secularism, Women rights, Progressivism, Russia (not always, but sorry - Crimea is Russian), Kemalist Turkey (Glory to Ataturk!), Israel (it's always better than another Islamist dictatorship!)
Neutral: USA, UK (I'm hardline republican but not in the UK case - keep the Monarchy!), EU, China
Anti: Christian Conservatism, Islamism, Erdogan, Clericalism, Saudi Arabia, Current Polish Gov
Male - 22 - straight - Polish - disabled - Russophile - body-positive fat admirer
I don't use NS stats
Feel free to TG me to talk

Lupolska
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lupolska » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:29 pm

TUNE: Francesca Michielin - DiVento

Readers are encouraged to read this dispatch to understand the pronunciation of the Besinian language and how the script translates to audible words.

For the reader's convenience, underscores linking words denote where the syllables of two separate words run together to form a single syllable, a somewhat common occurrence in Besinian, and seemingly in Italian and Spanish among others.

The white (or black) text is what is actually sung; the blue text is the translation.

The stage is dark. As the chimes of the initial tune begin to sound, the backdrop is lit with white points of light representing the stars of the night sky. The moon is visible in the top center of the back wall- directly in front of it is a spotlight beaming down on the singer, standing in the center of the stage, representing the moonlight shining upon her. As the piano sets the beat, the beat is visualized by a blurry-edged, white circle radiating outwards from the singer's position. The singer's hands are clasped around a microphone on a stand in front of her, with her head hanging over the microphone.

Nesaro nona ei negalo
Don’t tell me what I can’t do
Elacãde cadunitolu eica iarmo
For too long these chains held me down
Di bran pratenezza espena cänna nermo
Yet just a fleeting thought pulls inside me
Ei triag bastateldo
I must fight it off

The singer raises her head to face the audience. As the drum kicks in to carry the beat in place of the piano, the singer starts tapping her heel to it. The stage lights up and the spotlight is turned off, the black backdrop changing to a dull reddish-orange. Upon the line 'Iarezza auco', the singer raises her right arm (viewer's left) to the sky, 'lifting' the sun from below the horizon to the upper-left of the backscreen, as the reddish color turns to a sky blue. With the words 'ganza cëmlo', she sways her left arm over her head, leaning to the right as clouds rush onto the screen from the right overhead. When the singer reaches the final line of the buildup, the clouds begin to enlarge and rush towards the edges of the screen, while new clouds come into view, simulating the audience's forward movement.

Eiou aro tevou, iöza derto
above me the sky awaits, arms outstretched
Utcaza ei vavesca niza pri
and suddenly i gain a new strength
Iarezza auco i ganza cëmlo
the bright sun and the white clouds
‘Nomdodro’ totom eica povacri
they beckon me to come forth
Cuigalo saro_eica_aton ei ropisa
Can you tell me why I should stay
Ravna ei zan, galo topcë_ei, i gecraniscei
When I know i can be so much more, and without fear

When the singer reaches the' second line of the chorus, she raises her hands gradually into the air, stretched to each side. Upon the third line, she looks up towards the ceiling- and on the fourth, her hands return to the microphone on the stand and her heads lowers to face the audience directly once more.

Megan taberro, i ei tucendo
Give me a headwind, I will take off
Ei levettu_aidancato i tudella
I will spread my wings and soar
Oubeda essel eica geven neiztel
The world above may swallow me whole
Pennane_ei meza ravna ei lepreza
I don’t mind being lost if im free

As the chorus wraps up, the stage turns a gloomy grey with stormclouds and rain. Upon the third line, the singer turns around and thrusts her arms outward and then to the side one by one, dragging the stormclouds off-screen and returning the stage to the sunny display. She then twirls around to face the audience again.

Nesaro nona ei negalo
Don’t tell me what I can’t do
Estane sorca clesaitel necerriadamõ
I will not listen to your negativity
Mozodoro seg drucaminõ
Now get out of my way

Luprinobaria, energadã eica
This acceleration, it energizes me
Utcaza ei vavesca niza pri
and suddenly i gain a new strength
Auco iarezza i cëmlo ganza
the bright sun and the white clouds
‘Nomdodro’ totom eica povacri
they beckon me to come forth

The singer retreats from the microphone stand, pulling the microphone off. The stand is pulled away from the center of the stage and away from the audience's focus.

Dod ei sisa, sacria iniza
Here I come, with a renewed vigor
Ei napza cã, galo tussent tosataica
I’m so high, I can grasp the stars

As the chorus plays again, the singer repeats her previous motions, now with only her free hand.

Oubeda essel eica geven neiztel
The world above may swallow me whole
Pennane_ei meza ravna ei lepreza
I don’t mind being lost if im free

As the instrumental bridge plays, large fans start blowing down on the singer, and she stretches her arms outwards once more. An LED platform under the singer rises from the floor, appearing almost invisible to the audience, giving the appearance of the singer levitating. Supported by an invisible harness, the singer stands comfortably at the edge of the platform continuing her act. On the screen behind her, a somewhat comically-animated airplane flies into the view just before the final chorus begins, its tail facing the audience. Smoke effects and beams of light are used to create the illusion of contrails above the audience emitting from the top of the stage. Early on in the animation, the plane flies in front of the sun- after the sun comes into view again, it begins to slowly set over the duration of the act.

I ravna oubeda eica neizto gevza
And when the world above swallows me whole
Ei aibotu zantel ei tulepreza
I will be happy knowing I will be free

The chorus repeats, and the singer continues her act. Halfway through the final repetition of the chorus, the stage begins to turn reddish-orange.

Komissõ scäza kedza attimamo
The advent of bliss in an instant
I ravna oubeda eica neizto gevza
And when the world above swallows me whole
Tupennane meza ravna lepreza
I won’t mind being lost when I am free

As the song draws to a close and the tune dulls, the platform begins to lower. The backdrop has returned to the twilight reddish-orange by this point, and as the platform lowers, the sun lowers below the 'horizon'. The twilight sky gives way to the starry background; the moon reappears and, just before the tune ends, it casts its glow on the singer again by way of the spotlight, as in the beginning of the song.

"Thank you Cherbourg!" she shouts. "Спасибо спасибо спасибо!"
Last edited by Lupolska on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:51 am, edited 11 times in total.
praise kek

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Viktor: "Good evening world, you, and by that, I mean you all, are watching the Polkopian commentary of the Worldvision Song Contest, brought to you by the PNB. My name is Viktor Khassanov, and I'm here today with the beautiful Anna Petravona.

Anna: "Thank you, Viktor, and yes, it's Worldvision season again, meaning that nations from all over the multiverse are here, once again, to take home the Worldvision crown. We're here in the city of Cherbourg, Normandy and Picardy and the atmosphere couldn't be better. We have fans supporting their home country, we had parades through the streets, we had all of that. Now it's the big night. By the end of this, someone will win it all! "

Viktor: "Right you are! But that question can only be answered in time, dear. Enough about the contest though - I'm sure everyone is eager to get the show on the road, and here we have the opening act, ready to start!"

00. Opening Act
L'Orchestre National de la Normandie et Picardie - La Voyage
The Pain - The Colours of Love

Viktor: "Oh this orchestral thing is pretty cool. Seems a bit slow at times, but overall I think the show is very pretty. It must be better in person too, I suppose, because I can't see this having much appeal to those watching on a television, or streaming this event live."

Anna: "Yeah, the broadcaster here must have spent a lot of money on this. I mean that in the fact that it looks professionally-made and well-done, however with that money and effort, I feel as if though they could've done... more? I think that's the word I'm trying to use. But anyway, yeah, good attempt, but not great in the end."

Viktor: "Now I'm really liking this second opening act here. This one is fun, energetic, and gets us all in the mood for an event like this. Now I'm ready."

Anna: "Agreed, I really like this. It's fun, well-performed, and overall a good way to get us started for the night."

Viktor: "Okay everybody. The show is about to start. Please be sure to keep an eye out for those who you might be voting for. For those of you watching in Polkopia, you cannot vote for Mr.Cameron Poloz, who by the way, performs second tonight. But feel free to vote for anybody else."

Anna: "Alright, well, as the hostess said, Let's get this show started! up first, we have Merecendi!"

01. Merecendi
Flowing! - Evacuate My Bowels

Viktor: "So... This entry comes from Merecendi... I'm not a fan. I'm not a fan at all. Maybe my sense of humor is lacking, but I didn't even find that one funny. Sometimes these joke entries make me chuckle here and there, but this one was just gross."

Anna: "I thought it was pretty funny actually."

Viktor: "I might have found it a tad humorous if I hadn't just ordered a serving of meatballs. Now I have no appetite. Thanks, whoever your name is. Who is she, anyway?"

Anna: "I believe this lovely lady's name is... erm... 'Flowing'... complete with an exclamation point at the end and everything. She's really trying to make a statement with her name I guess. Enough of this. Onward to the next song, coming from Polkopia!"

02. Polkopia
Cameron Poloz - Stešti'

Viktor: "I remember when he tried to represent Polkopia a few years ago. I was one of the ones from our jury who gave him full points. I love him as a performer, I love this song, I love the overall atmosphere. Very emotional. Extremely, even."

Anna: "Yeah... for those of you who don't understand Polkopian, the word, 'stešti' literally translates to stars, or the stars. He's singing about someone who he loved, who's no longer physically with him, but her spirit is, and he sees her spirit in the stars."

Viktor: "I absolutely love the performance though. Again, very emotional. I absolutely love it."

Anna: "Hopefully he'll do well. Maybe not though. After all, emotional songs such as these don't always do well in this contest. Sometimes they do, but sometimes they're criminally underrated."

Viktor: "That's the case with literally every other song though. I'm sure it'll do okay. Maybe not a winner, but certainly not last place. But we're moving on now. Up next, Kalosia. They're represented by a woman who goes by the name of O-Kai."

03. Kalosia
O-Kai - Kiss You Goodbye (Mwah)

Viktor: "Mm... I don't know, I'm not feeling this one. It's a breath of fresh air, meaning that it's well-produced, sang well, all of that, but the entry itself doesn't stand out all that much to me."

Anna: "I know what you mean. The dancers are cool, and the camera angles are also spot on, but it just seems as if though something about the performance is a bit... off. I'm not too sure what it is though."

Viktor: "I feel like they needed more. This one kind of reminds me of Branka's song in Worldvision 48, but that had a thing. A gimmick, if you will. They had the trumpet people doing their thing on stage. This one, apart from the dancers, doesn't have much going for it."

Anna: "A shame. Usually Kalosia sends top-quality songs, but this one isn't doing much for us. But who knows, they might surprise us both and win it all! We're moving on though. Next, Zeganas!"

04. Zeganas
Candles of Capricorn - Romeo and Juliet

Viktor: "Yeesh, this contest is pretty morbid so far. Half of the songs we've had are about death. If you count the death of my appetite, that's seventy five percent of the songs."

Anna: "I don't like rock, I don't like metal, I don't like... this genre, however you'd call it. Screemo? I don't know if that's a genre, but if it is, I dislike it. I get that it's about the loss of a loved one, and that's a good message and all, but please, change the genre if you want to appeal to people."

Viktor: "I don't know, I actually sort of like this one. I was a bit iffy about it until the instrumental break, and it brought us right back into the story. The performance was pretty good, maybe a bit over-the-top, but not bad. I liked it. It'll probably stick out for me."

Anna: "Ugh not me. I'm not a fan. Screaming into a microphone isn't singing, dear. Enough of that, please. We're moving on. Next up - Darkmania."

05. Darkmania
Däniel Yrdempër- Gone

Viktor: "Wow. So, yet another song about death and all. But this one is probably my least favorite of the bunch. The performance wasn't much, the lyrics could've been better, and overall, it was pretty underwhelming. It promised a lot in the beginning, but it simply did not deliver."

Anna: "I have to disagree, I quite liked it. Especially after the last song, I feel like this brings my adrenaline down to an acceptable level, now all of that screaming is out of my head. It's nice, sad, but I guess that's the reoccurring theme of Worldvision 53."

Viktor: "Hmm. Well, I know I can't change your music preference, but again, with more of a performance, I may have liked it better. The song was good, but it was the lackluster performance which shuts it down in my opinion."

Anna: "That's understandable. For a song like this, I think it can get away without using a performance. The minimalist thing works here, and it works very well. And the poor man is about to cry, give him a break! Well... the song's over, so I guess we'll be moving on. The next country will be, Hiklarmaniga!"

06. Hiklarmangia
Karoline Ërdime - I Feel So Fre

07. Alinghi Federal-Democratic Republic
Ottarson Kaliadottir Jasmine - When You Wake Up

Viktor: "We've been through quite a few songs, most of them had a common theme. If you had to guess, what would you say this song was about? Death? Well, sorta. It's the possibility of death."

Anna: "It's a cute song, and the singer might draw some pity votes, but overall, I'm not too impressed with it. It has the whole gimmick thing, and that's the singer itself, so that's good, but nothing changes except for the lighting. I wish it was more engaging, I guess. "

Viktor: "I never could really get attached. The lyrics are laughable, which is strange, considering the topic of the song, ya know, is certainly not laughable. I think that's sort of why this song fails, in my book at least."

Anna: "The lyrics are bad, the performance, or in this case, lack thereof, makes for a pretty unimpressive show, and the song itself is dull, which is fine, if you have a decent performance, which they're lacking in this case. I don't like it. But anyway, it's time for the next country. The next nation is.. Adab!"

08. Adab
Kinan al-Salaman - Come Back

Viktor: "How many times has this gentleman been a part of Worldvision? You'd think he'd get tired of it by now, but nope. He's trying once more! Gotta love the dedication this man has."

Anna: "Erm, yeah. But I don't like this performance at all. So far, I've been complaining about nations whose acts are lacking a performance. This is too much. It's too crazy, it almost feels like a circus is on stage. "

Viktor: "I stopped really listening to the song when he was paraded around the venue. It was pretty cool to see I guess, but that, combined with the scooter riding thing... Like you said, it's just too much."

Anna: "Not a bad song though. Not bad at all. This could've had the potential to do well, and with a better performance, it could have, but this song, yet again, falls short. But that's that. Moving on, we're next with Ekoz!"

09. Ekoz
Hafthor Viktorsson - Where We Belong

10. Bloodbath Generation
Sarah Ringer - Paradise
Last edited by Polkopia on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

Official BVC Commentary for WV53 (1-13)

Postby Britonisea » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:30 am

NOTE: If your song number has a WIP on it "Eg 15 - WIP" it means it is due to change based on how the performance ends up.

Live Coverage of the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest in Cherbourg, Normandy and Picardy with your host Jonaton Willis

"Hello and welcome to the live coverage of the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest, with your host Jonaton Willis! Wow, it has been quite a long time since I have been commentating but I am ever so proud to be back! It seems like a long time since I hosted the 41st WorldVision Song Contest; it was such a magnificent time since then. But time has moved on and we have hosted again, we are now 12 editions since Quickenden, and Quickenden '41 was closer to Britonisea's debut than where we are at now. How time has passed. After Quickenden hosted, we went to Normandy and Picardy - a nation who debut around the time we did, and for a couple of editions could feel sympathy with. But, like us, they have two wins and are searching for their third win with a monster song, it's going to take a lot to try and tear them down. Can anyone do it? It's funny because it seems Kalosia, Normandy and Picardy and Britonisea always seem to host around the same time as each other, so it will be interesting to see who will make the next move in the coming editions. We move on to the Opening song which is promised to be a great one!"

OPENING SONG

Performance 1

"I am sorry, what was that? Their national anthem or something? And, Britonisea and Estogium didn't get too much airtime either. I am not sure I liked that, but I guess it was alright. Let's just get on with the other performance which is by The Pain - oh not them again! - it's called the Colours of Love, and yeah, I thought the slogan was the Colours of Life, but whatever..."

Performance 2

"kaleidoscope, a new word for my personal dictionary! Um, the performance was alright, but ladies and gentleman, we are set for better songs in the WorldVision Song Contest 53, including that from Normandy and Picardy among other nations. Opening Ceremony was alright though, at least they spent money on performing their song, isn't it? We didn't really spend that much money on ours!"

"Right before we get in to the songs, I would just like to say that this contest is full of Ultimaversian talent, which is great! We have 4 different Britonish artists performing, from the countries; Kalosia, Estogium, Cosneolta and Britonisea itself but we also have Ekoz returning, Bloodbath Generation and also, we have Arioslavia at 16 and Kannap after us at 20. So out of the performances, at least 8 different songs have a connection with the Ultimaverse, so let's get this started! Mwah!

MERECENDI

"Evacuate my bowels? How interesting. I am going to quite frank with you guys at home. I saw this in rehearsals and it was much worse. This song is taking the mick of the contest, and I would be surprised if it gets in the top 10. I am so confused as to why some nation would name themselves Merecendi or whatever when there is a country called Mercedini. I think that the officials at Normandy and Picardy should have been a bit more straight when it comes to silly joke acts like this one. However, the song has a good beat and it was fun after waking up from an extraordinarily long opening act. To vote for Merecendi or whatever, please call the line 0012 3456 7801. Performing second we have Polkopia, who have won seven times. I don't really understand why they participated. And you know what else, isn't it a bit fishy that they decided to not come to Kyvivre. Obviously they have some problem with us."

POLKOPIA

"I am going to be honest, but I can't see this winning. The song sends me in to a slumber, and that is not what the WorldVision Song Contest is all about. It is about jumping together with joy or a battle of the best voice, and I just didn't get that from this song. It's nice and all, but just nice, inoffensive. Of course, this song will find it's self in the top 10, but Polkopia has been losing itself lately. Maybe, that's because they have won so many times before that they have finally run out of ideas or something, but I haven't been enjoying Polkopia's entries recently. I honestly apologise to Polkopia and of course to Cameron. I don't doubt that a lot of work has been put in to this song, but I am sorry, it's just not form me. But it may be for you guys at home. If you think that Polkopia should win the contest for the eighth time, please call 0012 3456 7802, or even just vote on the app - but remember, lines do not open until all acts have sung. Next up with Kalosia with Olimpia Kaimar, a half Britonish, singing some song."

KALOSIA

"Britonisea has landed in the form of Kalosia with the song, "Kiss You Goodbye" and I have to say that the song certainly doesn't sound Britonish - that's totally Kalosian. I do think that with Kalosian entries, their staging is quite bland; and that's something they just need to improve on. Olimpia is a talent girl, you can see that, however, I just felt that there was something missing to that performance. Don't get me wrong, it is one of the better songs tonight, but I feel as though Olimpia's talent was not shown at 100% potential, which is quite sad. I think you could've gotten her to do more stuff on stage. Kalosia does best when they get staging right and while they have come close to win and have won, to win again they need to keep up with the very, very fast changing pace of the contest. Nations are starting to realise that this is the WorldVision, Vision, what happens on stage, what you can see. Nevertheless, the song was good and I am thrilled that Kalosia decided to bring a Britonish act on, we in Britonisea appriciate that at least. If you think O-Kai deserves to win, please call 0012 3456 7803. Up next we have Zeganas.

ZEGANAS

"Well that was certainly something, and it wasn't something I enjoyed. Zeganas' entries are usually something I quite enjoy, I am a great fan of this country, yet this was just too much for the hearing. The men are cute, but the song is the opposite, and I'm sorry they cancel each other out and you're left with nothing. At least they have great staging, aye? Haha, I'm just kidding. Rock is a great genre of music, but heavy metal? Is this heavy metal? I'm pretty sure it's something like that. I didn't like this song at all, I am sorry. If you still want to see Zeganas win and have a happy ending they deserve, please just call 0012 3456 7803. Next up we have Darkmania with a lovely slow song. I do enjoy this song, but let's hope it translates well tonight.

DARKMANIA

"And I like the song, so beautiful and that in itself makes the song worthy of a winner. However, this is Darkmania, let's get real. For Darkmania to break in to the top 12, Darkmania needs to stop thinking about what is on the stage and more about what is happening on the stage. Great, there is a pianist and a violinist, but I found the performance too boring for me to pick up my phone and vote for it. Darkmania needs to start thinking about camerawork too, because they're not great at that. The country is absolutely brilliant at picking songs, that is a great thing. But they need to sack their stage manager because they are absolutely rubbish at their job. Darkmania can do it, they have it in themselves, they just need to execute. If you can see past that, please call 0012 3456 7805."

TBA
TBA

ALINGHI FED DEM REP

"I liked the song, I must admit. Call 0012 3456 7807 if you want to see them winning. However, Alinghi, the chorus of the song was a let down. The chorus is supposed to be a big hit in the face, right in the face, hard in the face. This song builds up through the verses and then it just goes down by the chorus. They have such beautiful voices and I like it as much as liked the singing with Darkmania's song. However, the staging also lacks here which is something which lets the song down by a lot. I don't really like that. I have to say something and the songs we have heard so far are great but they are all let down by the staging. Anyway, I've already told you the number, just add 07. Now we move on to Adab with Kinan! Let's see what they have for us."

ADAB

"I really hope that they get in to the top 10, oh how I love Adab. This song is okay, sure it is a bit dated but its good. The staging focuses on everything about Kinan. I am not sure that I like that Kinan is being worshipped with all those people hugging him etc. The staging is okay though. I don't really have anything else to say other than the song is so far in the top 3 of the songs so far. Kinan, Come Back! Come Back! Come Back! You will win one day! Haha, if you believe that Adab should win the 53rd WorldVision Song Contest, then pick up you phone and call 0012 3456 7808. This is absolutely a song which is worthy of it, they put a lot of effort in...Actually, maybe next time their song could be shorter. Right, up next we have a nice wave of Ultimaverse coming up! We have Ekoz, BGEN and then we have Justs performing for Cosneolta."

TBA
TBA

TBA
TBA

TBA

"Up next we have Justs, who is a Britonish national who represented us in the 49th WorldVision Song Contest with the song "Liberators," and he is looking to gain more than 96 points or even more than 6th place. Good Luck, Justs and good luck to song number 11, Cosneolta!"

COSNEOLTA

"I really liked this song, and it certainly is making money as I am buying this song! I think it is something fun, and I love the song. I love the dooo-du-dooo-dooo-dooo-dooo part in the pre-chorus and the chorus which makes the song super happy. The song is way more fun than the song "Liberators." The thing is, maybe it is because Justs Prazeres having a more calm time as he experienced this before but he seems way calmer. But, and there is always a but, maybe because this is more of a fun song, it becomes a bit too free. I've never seen Justs smile like this before, which is nice, he has a great smile. A vote for Justs is a vote for Britonisea, if you would like to see Justs achieving fifth or above, maybe even winning, you better call 0012 3456 7811! Up next we have...Yesssss, we have Kwadai!"

KWADAI

TODLICHEBUJOKU

"I am not a great fan of the F1 racing car and stuff like that, I am really not in to that. Todlichebujoku, I am not sure where you have gone but I really need you back. This is something I would expect from Kishrael but the difference is, they would pull it off a bit better. I am not sure what Dynamo had to do with anything. Dynamo...? I did like the song, don't get me wrong, but I am just not sure about the staging - I just don't get it! They should have ditched the racing car, in my honest opinion and focused their performance. The relevance isn't there. Anyway, I like Todlichebujoku so, if you would like to vote for them, call 0123 4567 8913 at the end when the lines open, Ouais?
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012

18 | Britonisea | Christien Johar - "Him, Not Me"

Postby Britonisea » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:49 am

#18 BRITONISEA
Christien Johar - "Him, Not Me"
Tune : Rag'n'Bone Man - "Human"
Writers: Christien Johar, John Irivine
Music: Mark Walling, Christopher Gyçon, Christien Johar

Christien Johar is a Britonish artist, 35, who was born in St Kings Bay - which is a neighbouring city to Doportedas (The Capital City)

Christien Johar will be sending the song “Him, Not Me” which is a song about how his jealousy makes his mind run. Some of the lyrics in this song is quite deep and only he thinks about this. It is quite a hard task getting him to perform this song on the WorldVision stage.

Once arriving at Normandy and Picardy and touring the sights, he did wonder what it would have been like to perform in Telgrad - it's closer and perhaps, some Arioslavians would already know him. But on the other hand, he was happy to have traveled to a country which is different to his own, which is different to his own. Normandy and Picardy treated him to many WorldVision Clubs where he went to perform his song, "Him, Not Me" and from the Clubs, they also stated that they liked his performance and they called it powerful, entertaining and intriguing. However after having a first rehearsal with the song, he thought that there was something with it. Speaking to Wivibloggs he spoke about his first performance. They bought up that they thought that something was missing; and he agreed.

Courtesy of Wivibloggs;
*Interview Starts*

Interviewer: So, watching your performance today in the first rehearsal, it seemed like you were a bit agitated, it seemed as though something did not go right for you - what was up?
Christien: Yeah, today was a very tiring day. Despite being on Mehlodhifehstivalhen, this is very daunting for me. I am carrying the weight of a lot of people back at home and performing the song did not make me feel anything. I am just standing their singing in front of a microphone. I don't want to do that, I want to move about. We have singers and dancers that we have bought to Normandy and Picardy and yet we are not using them.
Interviewer: Okay, so from today's performance, do you think something is missing? And will you actually have enough time to go and do the work before the Jury Final and any public rehearsals?
Christien: We will be going to our base, which is somewhere in the city, and we will be going through the whole routine. I do think something is moving; movement. I think that the staging is quite extraordinary, if I may so myself. In terms of lighting, BVC has given me all the resources. But I don't want it to seem as if all the budget has gone to that, because it hasn't.
Interviewer: I am looking forward to those changes, but before you go, tell me, what is your goal on the night of the final?
Christien: Not only to bring back some points from my, well our, country - but to have fun and to show that although we have a break from the contest (I mean, we hosted World Hit and WorldVision one after each other, both contests were brilliant), we still have our mojo and we would like to show our full potential.
Interview: Well, yes, you will be performing 18th before Estogium and Kannap-
Christien: Excited but frightened! Estogium are very good too, and the fellow Brit is awesome, it's a shame we have to go against each other eventhough we are such close friends already!
Interview: Ah, well, thanks for having us!

*Interview ends*

As mentioned above, Britonisea is returning from the contest after not going to the Langtree, Mercedini for the 52nd WorldVision Song Contest after coming second in the 51st WorldVision Song Contest. Christien Johar is about to perform his song, "Him, Not Me."

He walks on to the stage as the sound is going on around him. He walks down an aisle of people clapping. They were dressed in tribal clothing. They looked at him in disgust as he walked down the aisle that was set out for him. The floor of the stage was a murky red colour and as he walked down it, the trail he would leave would crumble away. In order to capture that, the camera looked was facing him at a 45 degree angle, so you could see his facial expressions and the staging behind him. He then started to sing the song;

You’re always together, when I’m alone.
You’re warm inside-out, when I'm stone cold.
Trapped in your world, façade of mankind.
You don't think the way you should,
You couldn't operate as you would,
If you thought outside box, out of your fairytale.

Christen Johar kept on standing on the spot on the middle of the stage. The camera, which was once at 45 degrees slowly panned around to be head on with her, so clearly that you could call the angle at zero degrees. The dancers at the back of the stage slowly stood in a line at the back and held their hands out and then chained it around each other, so that they all were attached. As the song in the first verse further progressed, they swayed to the left and then to the right before walking forwards. They were not that close to Christien, but they were soon to be.

(Oh-oh) I sat back and listened to you at night.
You spoke of your demons you need to fight.
Now I'm pushed behind.
(Oh-oh-Oh) And I've waited all my life,
I've contemplated what is right,
You were the answer to prayers, you were my saving angel.

During the verse above, when he sang about "You spoke of your demons" the people behind him stopped and closely packed together. They then started to climb upon each other as the camera slowly moved towards and over the shoulder of Christien. The camera then swirled around him as he sang about how he has "waited all [his] life" before the camera faced the audience and titled upwards towards a bright light faced at him. There was then a fade in to him at 5 degrees and he looked the camera with cut eyes. The lights of the arena slowly started to die down as he spoke about how "You were the answer to prayers."

Suddenly, there was a total blackout and no music was heard other than the deep voices of the males singing behind stage...

Ooh-ohh

The stage then went electric. The LED at the back of the stage started to frantically flick on and off, while the dancers at the back turned to look at him and began to run towards him. The lights starting flashing multiple colours at quite a dim brightness around the arena to fully emerce the audience in the performance, but to also show the differences between the two. The camera quickly zoomed out as Christien was engulfed by the dancers.

You complain about the petty problems,
(Oh) Whilst some people starve at night.
(Oh) You exaggerate how poor you are,
(Oh) Well, some don't have a dime. (Ooh, Ohh)
You're not perfect, I know you're not.
(Oh) But you are worth it, and I’ll be strong,
(Oh) You're with him and not me,
With him, not me.

During the chorus, the camera angle went in to the middle of the stage and crossed from the left to the right at a quick pace. This is before it faded in to a camera which seemed to go from the back centre of the arena, upwards, and then back downwards in a hill shape. As he sang about how "some don't have a dime," he then turned over (whilst on the floor, rolled over) as the group of people on top of him rolled off simultaneously exposing him to the camera which was coming down towards him, but his legs were facing the opposite way to the audience.

Five bright lights then swarmed the arena before coming back to the main stage when the music had quietened down. You would notice that the stage was quiet and he was by himself. He slowly lifted his body up to sit on his bottom, facing away from the audience, but a camera made sure that he was still involved with the them.

I've expressed my anger many times.
Too passive-aggressive for your mind,
For you mind.
I guess I'm jealous of you,
You're life is priceless, that is the truth.
But does he treat it like it is?
Does he treat it like it is?

During the verse above, it was pretty similar to the verse above, however, the lighting calmed down significantly and he managed to hall himself back up. However, you now noticed that the white top that he once wore, was now tarnished and grey, but the camera didn't really focus on that for too long. When he sang about how he jealous, the stage then started to turn grey and cloudly similar to the colour of his shirt.

Suddenly, as the song further progressed in to another chorus, the camera moved out at a fast pace before symbolising what is happening in this. Christien Johar would singing with full passion and anger, as the camera quickly changed from a whole shot of the stage to the shot of him close up to a shot of the cloud behind him, which was starting to fade out.

Oh, You complain about the petty problems,
(Oh) Whilst some people starve at night.
(Oh) You exaggerate how poor you are,
(Oh) Well, some don't have a dime. (Ooh, Ooh)
But you are worth it, and I’ll be strong,
(Oh) You're with him and not me,
(Oh) With him, not me.

Similarly to what happened during the first chorus, the lights started to flash on and off in quick procession. The audience stated to cheer louder as the song's chorus picked up again for another go. Christien Johar moved forward and started to walk down one of the "catwalks." However, as he walked down, he seemed unaware of the line of dancers - who now looked zombiefied following him down on the stage. The camera zoomed in closely to him before bouncing off shown here for a split second before, like this clip, going to another shot, and this was off the people following him.

But you are worth it, and I’ll be strong,
You're with him and not me,
With him, not me.

After the second chorus, this was the picture which was plastered on the three screens behind him, but this didn't happened suddenly - it was more of a gradual process. This part of the song was a more calm and sombre part of the song and it wasn't set to get anymore tough than this.

A story has been told,
It's been written, so old.
Oh, and it's fate - don’t you know?
I had a read of it,
It says you're worth it.
It says you're worth it.

He then pointed out to the people who were sitting down at the back of the arena as he turned around only to be greeted by a group of people in front of him. He slowly backed away before realising that he was at the end of the stage. He then looked back before looking back at them. He pointed at them and sang the next part, whilst the staging calmed down and one spotlight focused on him while lights on the dancers flashed up.

You're not perfect, not at all.
But you are worth it, I’ll be strong,
You're with him and not me,
With him, not me.

He then dropped to the floor as the people also dropped. As the music stopped, the performance was not yet over. There was an overhead camera which trailed along the catwalk with everyone lying down along the whole length of it. Christien was when the camera stopped. He was the only one wearing a brighter (well, hardly) colour compared to the rest. The lights then went back to normal as he stood on his feet. "Thank-you Normandy and Picardy, and thank you to the WorldVision audience, much appreciated" he said before bowing. While he bowed, like robots, the others turned around and marched off stage. Christien followed them off.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63