NATION

PASSWORD

[Idea] Option to have no motto

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Anapol
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

[Idea] Option to have no motto

Postby Anapol » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:26 am

This obviously isn't the most pressing suggestion to improve NS, but I figured it might not be so difficult to implement: what if nations could choose not to have a motto?

I think many players would make this choice, or at least consider it. In real life, almost one out of every four nations don't have an official national motto. Russia, the United Kingdom, and Japan are three of the more prominent examples. :)
Last edited by Anapol on Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:39 am

Yes, but 'Dieu et mon droit', is the motto of the Crown. The Government is formed and established in the name of the Crown, and therefore, is an extension of the Crown.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:35 am

A few issues do use your motto. Do you want to be excluded from certain issues just because you don't like having a motto?
See You Space Cowboy...

Etheriland
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Etheriland » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:37 am

What's the actual reason you don't want one though? Because if it is too much work to think about it, just use the random one.
Each to his own

Imagine modern Russia, with more snow, more mountains and forests (conifers), more nuclear power plants and fascism (without a communist history)

Feel free to send a telegram (I am not actually fascist)

Etherian News Network: Rebels in Turchovinka have retreated from the city after extensive Etherian bombing, civilian casualties likely . . . Gov. reports setback in rail gun program . . . S19 Dragun tank unveiled

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:54 pm

or just put "no motto" in the text box.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Anapol wrote:In real life, almost one out of every four nations don't have an official national motto

This isn't real life. This is NATIONSTATES!

As has been pointed out, it's used in Issues, and therefore has a purpose in the game. I'm not seeing any traction on this one.

Anapol
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anapol » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:54 pm

Thank you.

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Anapol wrote:In real life, almost one out of every four nations don't have an official national motto

This isn't real life. This is NATIONSTATES!

I thought they were the same. Didn't you see the United States transported to Hell by a fleet of helicopters on November 9th? :p

Etheriland wrote:What's the actual reason you don't want one though? Because if it is too much work to think about it, just use the random one.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I could (hopefully?) muster up the brain power to think up a motto. I thought it'd be cool for symbolic purposes. For instance, an anarchy or very hands-off government might not have an official motto.
Last edited by Anapol on Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical