NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:49 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Alright, I will have to think of something else.

Maybe he had some candles and one fell.
Maybe bandits tried to burn it down.

Also, John is starting near you, so you won't have to be alone.

Perhaps my guy can try making some popcorn but accidently causes a oil fire. Also, would a fire attract the infected?

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Maybe he had some candles and one fell.
Maybe bandits tried to burn it down.

Also, John is starting near you, so you won't have to be alone.

Perhaps my guy can try making some popcorn but accidently causes a oil fire. Also, would a fire attract the infected?

I'd imagine it would, as large structure fires tend to be the opposite of noise and light discipline. ;)

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Name: Vladimir Ivanov
Nationality: Russian/American
Ethnicity: Russian
Age/DOB: 32 (July 6th, 1983)
Pic/Description: Vladimir Ivanov, 2 Meters Tall (6.5 Feet), 98kg (216 Ibs)

Immunity: Gifted (Has the ability to see in the darkest conditions without aid, a natural form of night vision, a side effect however is the fact that Vladimir's eyes have turned blood red, requiring him to hide his eyes behind sunglasses constantly to avoid detection as an infected individual)

Equipment:
1x M91/30 Mosin Nagant w/ Bayonet (I own one of these in RL)
3x Mosin stripper clips, 15x 7.62x54R FMJ rounds in clips (5 per clip) and another 5 already loaded.
1x Crowbar (For opening both crates and skulls)
1x Large Black Backpack (Inside of which is a homemade IFAK, 1 large canteen of water, and several days worth of dried food if properly spread out)

Skills: Knows how to operate, clean, and fire most firearms (Avid Hunter, also needed for job, most firearms share similar features) and can fight in hand-to-hand situations decently enough, basic medical knowledge.
Weakness: Has no real survival skills besides hunting (doesn't know how to forage, craft shelter and other items out of natural materials, relies on scavenging, etc), paranoid about other survivors (more likely to shoot/kill his way out of situations, not very trusting of others), overly confident in his own abilities.

Personality: Aggressive, Confident, and determined to live no matter the cost.
Likes: Firearms, Capitalism, A Good Fight, Women, and Alcohol.
Dislikes: Communism, Hippies, Hipsters, Anti-War Activists, Rap and Hip Hop Music.
Fears: Death, Being Trapped in Small Spaces, Dying by Fire.

Bio: Born in Soviet Russia (specifically in the city of Tula) Vladimir grew up in a family of factory workers who worked in the local arms manufacturing center in Tula. Life was tough and miserable under Soviet rule for the Ivanov family, and so when the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 they wasted no time in getting permission to move to the United States. At the age of 8 Vladimir Ivanov found himself living in Seattle Washington with his family, within only a few years he had become an average American who spoke English, liked American Music and Movies, loved sports, and had many American friends. By the age of 18, in 2001 Vladimir joined the US Marines after high school and shortly before September 11th, after which Vladimir had gotten through Boot Camp and was assigned to the First Marine Division. It wouldn't be until the 2003 Invasion of Iraq that Vladimir would see combat during the invasion of Iraq, leading eventually to his involvement in the Battle of Baghdad.

After Baghdad Vladimir was granted a rotation back home before being once more sent back to Iraq in time for the First Battle of Fallujah, and then for the subsequent Second Battle of Fallujah. It was after this that Vladimir refused to reenlist (having become a Lance Corporal after his three years of service) and instead decided to join Private Military Company of Blackwater (currently Academi) in early 2005. Assigned to protect various points and peoples of interest, from the Polish Ambassador to Iraq, to an oil refinery owned by a German Firm. It was this job which Vladimir made his career, providing protective services to various clients throughout the world while also making a fine salary of over $100,000 a year. Unfortunately for Vladimir, his career choice brought him to Chicago with a team assigned to protecting the Chicago Mayor when the infection started becoming serious.

The job didn't go as hoped, and while the Mayor was evacuated Vladimir and his team were left behind when their position was overrun by the infected, by the end of the day only Vladimir had survived but at the cost of infection. While Vladimir was one of the few lucky ones to survive his infection, he nevertheless faced several major problems, the biggest one being that in his haste to escape death he had to drop his gear aside from his tactical vest with only empty magazine carriers, his backback, and his tactical sunglasses. Finding refuge in an abandoned and looted gun shop that night Vladimir's luck turned up slightly when he found an 89 year old rifle in good condition and 20 rounds of ammo for it underneath a broken counter which once held thousands of dollars worth of firearms and now only this one rifle worth a little over $250. Now, with what little supplies he has left, Vladimir is trapped within the confines of Chicago with only one mission...survive at all costs.

RP Examples: You know me, and my terrible tendency to disappear.

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Independent States of Tula on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:59 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:Name: Vladimir Ivanov
Nationality: Russian/American
Ethnicity: Russian
Age/DOB: 32 (July 6th, 1983)
Pic/Description: Vladimir Ivanov

Immunity: Gifted (Has the ability to see in the darkest conditions without aid, a natural form of night vision, a side effect however is the fact that Vladimir's eyes have turned blood red, requiring him to hide his eyes behind sunglasses constantly to avoid detection as an infected individual)

Equipment:
1x M91/30 Mosin Nagant w/ Bayonet (I own one of these in RL)
3x Mosin stripper clips, 15x 7.62x54R FMJ rounds in clips (5 per clip) and another 5 already loaded.
1x Crowbar (For opening both crates and skulls)
1x Large Black Backpack (Inside of which is a homemade IFAK, 1 large canteen of water, and several days worth of dried food if properly spread out)

Skills: Knows how to operate, clean, and fire most firearms (Avid Hunter, also needed for job, most firearms share similar features) and can fight in hand-to-hand situations decently enough, basic medical knowledge.
Weakness: Has no real survival skills besides hunting (doesn't know how to forage, craft shelter and other items out of natural materials, relies on scavenging, etc), lacks advanced medical knowledge (can suture, bandage, and make a tourniquet...that's about it, no cpr or more advanced techniques), overly confident in his own abilities.

Personality: Agressive, Confident, and determined to live no matter the cost.
Likes: Firearms, Capitalism, A Good Fight, Women, and Alcohol.
Dislikes: Communism, Hippies, Hipsters, Anti-War Activists, Rap and Hip Hop Music.
Fears: Death, Being Trapped in Small Spaces, Dying by Fire.

Bio: Born in Soviet Russia (specifically in the city of Tula) Vladimir grew up in a family of factory workers who worked in the local arms manufacturing center in Tula. Life was tough and miserable under Soviet rule for the Ivanov family, and so when the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 they wasted no time in getting permission to move to the United States. At the age of 8 Vladimir Ivanov found himself living in Seattle Washington with his family, within only a few years he had become an average American who spoke English, liked American Music and Movies, loved sports, and had many American friends. By the age of 18, in 2001 Vladimir joined the US Marines after high school and shortly before September 11th, after which Vladimir had gotten through Boot Camp and was assigned to the First Marine Division. It wouldn't be until the 2003 Invasion of Iraq that Vladimir would see combat during the invasion of Iraq, leading eventually to his involvement in the Battle of Baghdad.

After Baghdad Vladimir was granted a rotation back home before being once more sent back to Iraq in time for the First Battle of Fallujah, and then for the subsequent Second Battle of Fallujah. It was after this that Vladimir refused to reenlist (having become a Lance Corporal after his three years of service) and instead decided to join Private Military Company of Blackwater (currently Academi) in early 2005. Assigned to protect various points and peoples of interest, from the Polish Ambassador to Iraq, to an oil refinery owned by a German Firm. It was this job which Vladimir made his career, providing protective services to various clients throughout the world while also making a fine salary of over $100,000 a year. Unfortunately for Vladimir, his career choice brought him to Chicago with a team assigned to protecting the Chicago Mayor when the infection started becoming serious.

The job didn't go as hoped, and while the Mayor was evacuated Vladimir and his team were left behind when their position was overrun by the infected, by the end of the day only Vladimir had survived but at the cost of infection. While Vladimir was one of the few lucky ones to survive his infection, he nevertheless faced several major problems, the biggest one being that in his haste to escape death he had to drop his gear aside from his tactical vest with only empty magazine carriers, his backback, and his tactical sunglasses. Finding refuge in an abandoned and looted gun shop that night Vladimir's luck turned up slightly when he found an 89 year old rifle in good condition and 20 rounds of ammo for it underneath a broken counter which once held thousands of dollars worth of firearms and now only this one rifle worth a little over $250. Now, with what little supplies he has left, Vladimir is trapped within the confines of Chicago with only one mission...survive at all costs.

RP Examples: You know me, and my terrible tendency to disappear.

Your weaknesses are saying things he doesn't know how to do rather then things that are actually weaknesses.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:13 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Your weaknesses are saying things he doesn't know how to do rather then things that are actually weaknesses.

Hmm, forgot to edit the medical weakness since it wasn't a good one, otherwise those survival skills would be useful in this type of situation...and because he doesn't know them, it's a weakness.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Your weaknesses are saying things he doesn't know how to do rather then things that are actually weaknesses.

Hmm, forgot to edit the medical weakness since it wasn't a good one, otherwise those survival skills would be useful in this type of situation...and because he doesn't know them, it's a weakness.

Most people don't know the survival skills he doesn't. So its not a weakness if it applies to the average person.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:

Most people don't know the survival skills he doesn't. So its not a weakness if it applies to the average person.

Most people can't swing from monkey bar to monkey bar in America, or are very stealthy, and many have large appetites, these are still your character's weaknesses. The point of a weakness is something that is a major obstacle to your character's survival, and in an apocalypse scenario not knowing survival skills can be far deadlier than any infected being because without food, water, and shelter survival is not possible for humans. Still, you do make a decent enough point, I edited out the medical weakness and I'll look into another weakness to add in in the meantime.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:43 pm

Anyone opposed to me starting up and establishing trade between character settlements?

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Anyone opposed to me starting up and establishing trade between character settlements?

Assuming you're not talking about establishing outright player factions, that should be fine.

I'm going off of what Bei's general rules were for last time, but I'll leave the final decision up to him.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:55 pm

We've already reached the limit for military characters, however, your app is good and we don't have any Gifted characters just yet, plus I know you and how you write. ACCEPTED. This will be the last military character accepted.

Krytonus wrote:Name: Wallace Pines

Should go swimmingly well. ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

We've already reached the limit for military characters, however, your app is good and we don't have any Gifted characters just yet, plus I know you and how you write. ACCEPTED. This will be the last military character accepted.

Krytonus wrote:Name: Wallace Pines

Should go swimmingly well. ACCEPTED.

Was mine accepted?
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:00 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:Was mine accepted?

I can only go so fast.

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:I'm using John, but if he dies I'll use Jax, who I'm still surprised was accepted because he is quite powerful, being strong, fast and good at beating people up. His only flaws are the lack of weapon skills, not being immune and the classic putting himself in danger to save others.

Jax was never officially accepted. I merely said it was fine to have him on the back burner in case your main guy bites the dust.

New Finnish Republic wrote:Name: James Koski

Two things: put the picture in a SPOILER and cut back on the ammo some (don't care how much you cut back by). Do that and ACCEPTED.

Crockerland wrote:I took another look at the map, I was disoriented as to the position of Chicago itself; On review, I think a much better starting location would be Fosco Park, would that be acceptable?

Also, I'd like to change my app slightly and have Evander have moved to Indiana, rather than Illinois, if that's alright.

That's fine, and Evander can have moved anywhere so long as he's in Chicago by the time the RP starts.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:28 am

So, sorry for going inactive in the other RP. I ended up having a pretty crazy December. A not very fun December.

I think January should be a better month activity wise. I'm definitely going to join this, I might bring June back for it too.
don't tread on me

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Roster has been updated. IC will be up later today.

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:15 pm

Ooh, I'm excited.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:48 pm

Should have an app up tonight, is there any specific type of character needed?
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:50 pm

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Should have an app up tonight, is there any specific type of character needed?

No specifics needed, but I do ask for originality. No soldiers/cops/etc. will be accepted. We also have a CDC member, a wannabe hacker, a psychiatrist, among other things. Try to think outside the box for characters that never really get used in RP's.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Should have an app up tonight, is there any specific type of character needed?

No specifics needed, but I do ask for originality. No soldiers/cops/etc. will be accepted. We also have a CDC member, a wannabe hacker, a psychiatrist, among other things. Try to think outside the box for characters that never really get used in RP's.

How about a schizophrenic who escaped a hospital after the outbreak? I'm not sure what character I'm going to make yet but you know by now that I have a thing for playing characters who aren't quite 'right' mentally.
don't tread on me

Kirt
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kirt » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Interested
Will be working on application
Words Are Wise Men’s Counters… But They Are The Money Of Fools

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Forest State wrote:How about a schizophrenic who escaped a hospital after the outbreak? I'm not sure what character I'm going to make yet but you know by now that I have a thing for playing characters who aren't quite 'right' mentally.

We actually have a schizophrenic already.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Maybe two high hipster kids from the local jail.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:00 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Forest State wrote:How about a schizophrenic who escaped a hospital after the outbreak? I'm not sure what character I'm going to make yet but you know by now that I have a thing for playing characters who aren't quite 'right' mentally.

We actually have a schizophrenic already.

Damn. I shouldn't have been so late to find this. Back to the drawing board, then. Maybe I'll make a medic type character then, since I'm assuming everyone else is going to go for more action oriented roles and end up getting their characters injured.
don't tread on me

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:01 pm

Forest State wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:We actually have a schizophrenic already.

Damn. I shouldn't have been so late to find this. Back to the drawing board, then. Maybe I'll make a medic type character then, since I'm assuming everyone else is going to go for more action oriented roles and end up getting their characters injured.

My character is a former army medic turned EMT.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:02 pm

Forest State wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:We actually have a schizophrenic already.

You could be a slick, charismatic, seemingly normal serial killer, it would bring in interesting aspects and scenarios.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:04 pm

Forest State wrote:Damn. I shouldn't have been so late to find this. Back to the drawing board, then. Maybe I'll make a medic type character then, since I'm assuming everyone else is going to go for more action oriented roles and end up getting their characters injured.

We have an EMT also.

Also, IC is ready to post whenever.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse