NATION

PASSWORD

1870 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][REBOOT]

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:25 am

Novacom wrote:
South Mauristan wrote:Well then when will the IC get started? You yourself said it's been very quiet recently!

It's more the fact that there's a decrease in arguing and a lot of people are getting back to thinks now, so we're going to have a looksee through the apps sort things out and likely have an IC up by the end of the week.

Well, my app is pretty ready. There isn't much else I can add to the history without discussing it with others, though I will discuss the things that need to be discussed with the Huns and Novgorod.

The only thing that still remains for me is finding a weakness and editing the military.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8848
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:01 am

Image
Ang Kataastaasang Kristiyanong
Mapanghimagsik na Republika ng Luzon at Visayas


Full Nation Name : The Supreme Christian Revolutionary Republic of Luzon and Visayas (Ang Kataastaasang Kristiyanong Mapanghimagsik na Republika ng Luzon at Visayas)
Majority/Official Culture : Filipino
Territorial Core : Luzon and the Visayas Islands
Territorial Claim : Mindanao, Sulu Islands, Sabah, Formosa (Taiwan)
Capital City : Manila
Population : Approx. 6,000,000

Government Type : Christian Revolutionary Dictatorship
Government Ideology/Policies : Militant Christianity, Philippine unionism (reclaiming Mindanao, the Sulu Islands, Sabah and Formosa and expansionism)
Government Focus : Uniting the rest of the Philippine Islands and nearby nations with large Filipino populations under one fully Christian, Revolutionary, and Filipino Republic in order to fully devote all resources for the coming of Bernardo Carpio and Christ Himself
Head of State : Supreme Leader (Supremo) Macario Dela Cruz
Head of Government : Supreme Leader Macario Dela Cruz
Government Description : Macario Dela Cruz is the Supreme Ruler and as Supreme Ruler holds absolute power over the Philippine Islands. This revolutionary government is intended to transition after the unification of the Philippine Islands. Under him is head of government Religion plays a huge role in Macario Dela Cruz' rule, as he is able to rally his people under the banner that they fight to prepare the Philippines for the eventual freedom of Bernardo Carpio, which would signal the Second Coming of Christ Himself.

Majority/State Religion : Filipino Catholicism (Katolisismong Filipino)
Religious Description : Their beliefs are very Millenarian and Catholic at the same time. While they believe in Christ, they also believe that the mountains of Montalban are home to the legendary Bernardo Carpio, savior of the Filipino, who was put in chains and imprisoned under the mountain and that the land quakes whenever Bernardo Carpio has regained his strength and attempts once again to break free from his chains. One day, a deadly quake will erupt and the mountains will split open and the giant Bernardo Carpio will come out of the rubble to literally wreak havoc upon the enemies of the Filipino.

Economic Ideologies : Agrarian Christian Communalism
Major Production : Rice, Pigs, Carabaos, Bamboo
Economic Description : Like the rest of the Philippines, the economy of Montalban is dominated by agriculture. The economy of Montalban is organized around the production of rice, which is the main and staple food of the Filipino, as well as the production of pigs, carabaos and bamboo, which they sell in the neighboring towns as well as use for their personal sustenance. What little that they actually pay as tax to their colonial master, they pay, and what remains is either sold, divided among the families, and stored in storehouses for the coming revolution.

Army Strength : 1,600 armed men and women and 200 auxiliaries (mostly medical and logistical troops), 200 armed military religious.
Army Weakness : In secret for the past ten years, they have been attempting to gather what little weapons and ammunition they can from their so-called colonial masters. However, they have been painfully slow. What few modern rifles the Katipunan do have are reserved for Macario (who personally leads men into battle) and his bodyguard, chosen from the men and women with the best ability in both shooting and melee. For the armed men and women who have shown an aptitude, but not the expertise, for firearms, they have taken to fashioning homemade firearms known as paltik. For the rest of the armed men and women carry with them a bamboo spear and the infamous bolo knife.
Naval Strength : The main strength is that there is no need for a navy.
Naval Weakness : The main weakness is that there is no navy.
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals : To become a united, independent, Revolutionary Christian Nation
National Issues :
National Figures of Interest :
  • Mama Teresa, elder of the pueblo and mother of Macario Dela Cruz, who, along with Macario, is a spiritual head of the Katipunan.

History : WIP

Comparison Points – Political : 2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 3
Comparison Points – Economy : 2
Comparison Points – Military : 2
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10
Last edited by Pasong Tirad on Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there is no friendship with them [the poor] and no sharing of the life of the poor, then there is no authentic commitment to liberation, because love exists only among equals."
- Gustavo Gutiérrez
[b]Filipino||Catholic Liberationist||Leftist||He/Him||Bisexual||Trans Rights
Rojava||Free Taiwan||Assyria||Zapatistas

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:37 am

It looks interesting, but this seems to qualify as a rebel group.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8848
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:46 am

Tracian Empire wrote:It looks interesting, but this seems to qualify as a rebel group.

Is there a different app for that?
"If there is no friendship with them [the poor] and no sharing of the life of the poor, then there is no authentic commitment to liberation, because love exists only among equals."
- Gustavo Gutiérrez
[b]Filipino||Catholic Liberationist||Leftist||He/Him||Bisexual||Trans Rights
Rojava||Free Taiwan||Assyria||Zapatistas

User avatar
South Mauristan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 387
Founded: Oct 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby South Mauristan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:47 am

Tracian Empire wrote:It looks interesting, but this seems to qualify as a rebel group.

I'm totally down for that
♂♀Copy and Paste this in your sig if you know there are 2 genders and didn't fail biology♂♀

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:16 am

Pasong Tirad wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It looks interesting, but this seems to qualify as a rebel group.

Is there a different app for that?

No, that's the issue. We don't have rebel group apps, and rebel groups are not accepted.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8848
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:39 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:Is there a different app for that?

No, that's the issue. We don't have rebel group apps, and rebel groups are not accepted.

So that's a no for my app? :(
"If there is no friendship with them [the poor] and no sharing of the life of the poor, then there is no authentic commitment to liberation, because love exists only among equals."
- Gustavo Gutiérrez
[b]Filipino||Catholic Liberationist||Leftist||He/Him||Bisexual||Trans Rights
Rojava||Free Taiwan||Assyria||Zapatistas

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:55 am

Pasong Tirad wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:No, that's the issue. We don't have rebel group apps, and rebel groups are not accepted.

So that's a no for my app? :(

You can certainly claim the Philippines without being a rebel, this is an AH roleplay. But the former OP was hugely against rebel groups, we haven't changed that policy until now.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8848
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:08 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:So that's a no for my app? :(

You can certainly claim the Philippines without being a rebel, this is an AH roleplay. But the former OP was hugely against rebel groups, we haven't changed that policy until now.

Well somebody's already claiming the Philippines which is why I turned my idea into a rebel group.
"If there is no friendship with them [the poor] and no sharing of the life of the poor, then there is no authentic commitment to liberation, because love exists only among equals."
- Gustavo Gutiérrez
[b]Filipino||Catholic Liberationist||Leftist||He/Him||Bisexual||Trans Rights
Rojava||Free Taiwan||Assyria||Zapatistas

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:You can certainly claim the Philippines without being a rebel, this is an AH roleplay. But the former OP was hugely against rebel groups, we haven't changed that policy until now.

Well somebody's already claiming the Philippines which is why I turned my idea into a rebel group.

Who is? If the claim is colonial, then it doesn't matter.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8848
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:17 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:So that's a no for my app? :(

You can certainly claim the Philippines without being a rebel, this is an AH roleplay. But the former OP was hugely against rebel groups, we haven't changed that policy until now.

Oh okay cool I guess I should still ask cause it would sound like a dick move not to. I'll edit my app.
"If there is no friendship with them [the poor] and no sharing of the life of the poor, then there is no authentic commitment to liberation, because love exists only among equals."
- Gustavo Gutiérrez
[b]Filipino||Catholic Liberationist||Leftist||He/Him||Bisexual||Trans Rights
Rojava||Free Taiwan||Assyria||Zapatistas

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:26 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:You can certainly claim the Philippines without being a rebel, this is an AH roleplay. But the former OP was hugely against rebel groups, we haven't changed that policy until now.

Oh okay cool I guess I should still ask cause it would sound like a dick move not to. I'll edit my app.

Well, you can certainly ask. But we've made it clear from the beginning and homeland claims of new players will have precedence above any kind of colonial claims.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
The V O I D
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15985
Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:38 pm

Sup; what I miss?

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:43 pm

The V O I D wrote:Sup; what I miss?

Not much.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
The V O I D
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15985
Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:48 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Sup; what I miss?

Not much.


Good.

Also, for Italia; if/when it becomes a province of Rome again due to semi-political marriage, there is a way to cut it up into Provinces.

Since the Italian Empire owns some Gaulic regions, as well as Slovenia/Croatia; you could cut up the provinces such that Italia is essentially 'modern Italy', then a Province of Italian Gaul, a Province of Corsica (not sure what the Romanization would be), a Province of Slovenia and a Province of Croatia.

Although, the Italians still might not like that, that's the only way to cut it up into provinces without causing Italians to throw a huge fit (if you decided to cut it up into provinces).

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Not much.


Good.

Also, for Italia; if/when it becomes a province of Rome again due to semi-political marriage, there is a way to cut it up into Provinces.

Since the Italian Empire owns some Gaulic regions, as well as Slovenia/Croatia; you could cut up the provinces such that Italia is essentially 'modern Italy', then a Province of Italian Gaul, a Province of Corsica (not sure what the Romanization would be), a Province of Slovenia and a Province of Croatia.

Although, the Italians still might not like that, that's the only way to cut it up into provinces without causing Italians to throw a huge fit (if you decided to cut it up into provinces).


Well, it depends on what exactly would happen, but yeah, it could be a good idea.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 14893
Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:
(Image)
Ang Kataastaasang Kristiyanong
Mapanghimagsik na Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Montalban


Full Nation Name : The Supreme Christian Revolutionary Society of the Sons of Montalban (Ang Kataastaasang Kristiyanong Mapanghimagsik na Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Montalban) (Katipunan)
Majority/Official Culture : Tagalog, Filipino
Territorial Core : Just one rural village (pueblo) outside of the Philippine capital of Manila
Territorial Claim : The whole Philippines
Capital City : Montalban
Population : Approx. population of the Philippines: 6,000,000 // Membership of Katipunan: Approx. 3,000 (the whole population of Montalban)

Government Type : Military Christian Revolutionary Dictatorship
Government Ideology/Policies : Militant Christian, Philippine Independence, anti-(insert colonial master here)
Government Focus : Uniting the rest of the Philippine Islands under one fully Christian, Revolutionary, and Filipino Republic in order to fully devote all resources for the coming of Bernardo Carpio and Christ Himself
Head of State : Supreme Leader (Supremo) Macario Dela Cruz
Head of Government : Supreme Leader Macario Dela Cruz
Government Description : Macario Dela Cruz is able to operate in secrecy as the head of a town that is flanked on all sides by thick forests and mountains, as well as his official appointment as Mayor (Alkalde) of the Pueblo of Montalban by their colonial masters. His secret mountain village has been fermenting the idea of revolution for the last decade. Religion plays a huge role in Macario Dela Cruz' rule, as he is able to rally his people under the banner that they fight to prepare the Philippines for eventual freedom of Bernardo Carpio, which would signal the Second Coming of Christ Himself.

Majority/State Religion : Filipino Catholicism (Katolisismong Filipino)
Religious Description : The Katipunan's beliefs are very Millenarian and Catholic at the same time. While the pueblo believes in Christ, they also believe that the mountains flanking their home pueblo of Montalban are home to the legendary Bernardo Carpio, savior of the Filipino, who was put in chains and imprisoned under the mountain and that the land quakes whenever Bernardo Carpio has regained his strength and attempts once again to break free from his chains. One day, a deadly quake will erupt and the mountains will split open and the giant Bernardo Carpio will come out of the rubble to literally wreak havoc upon the enemies of the Sons of Montalban.

Economic Ideologies : Agrarian communalism
Major Production : Rice, Pigs, Carabaos, Bamboo
Economic Description : Like the rest of the Philippines, the economy of Montalban is dominated by agriculture. The economy of Montalban is organized around the production of rice, which is the main and staple food of the Filipino, as well as the production of pigs, carabaos and bamboo, which they sell in the neighboring towns as well as use for their personal sustenance. What little that they actually pay as tax to their colonial master, they pay, and what remains is either sold, divided among the families, and stored in storehouses for the coming revolution.

Army Strength : 1,600 armed men and women and 200 auxiliaries (mostly medical and logistical troops), 200 armed military religious.
Army Weakness : In secret for the past ten years, they have been attempting to gather what little weapons and ammunition they can from their so-called colonial masters. However, they have been painfully slow. What few modern rifles the Katipunan do have are reserved for Macario (who personally leads men into battle) and his bodyguard, chosen from the men and women with the best ability in both shooting and melee. For the armed men and women who have shown an aptitude, but not the expertise, for firearms, they have taken to fashioning homemade firearms known as paltik. For the rest of the armed men and women carry with them a bamboo spear and the infamous bolo knife.
Naval Strength : The main strength is that there is no need for a navy.
Naval Weakness : The main weakness is that there is no navy.
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals : To become a united, independent, Revolutionary Christian Nation
National Issues :
National Figures of Interest :
  • Mama Teresa, elder of the pueblo and mother of Macario Dela Cruz, who, along with Macario, is a spiritual head of the Katipunan.

History : WIP

Comparison Points – Political : 1
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 3
Comparison Points – Economy : 2
Comparison Points – Military : 3
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10


I have to emphasize that this app is dependent on the notion that the Philippines would be colonized at the beginning. Also that a lot of what I'm basing this on is actual history (a lot of it seems somehow forgotten by my own countrymen)

The Philippines are a Japanese colony. There is no reason for them to have a substantial Christian population, and I have no interest in allowing anyone to RP a rebellion in one of my most important colonies. If you do claim them, the OP board will make me give them up because of the "homeland>colony" rule, but you'll be invaded by me as soon as the RP starts because the Philippines is hugely important to me strategically.
Ascended to Modhood on the 14th September 2016
The Grand Fascist Empire of Old Tyrannia
⚜ IMPERIVM MAGNVM FASCISTICVM TYRANNIAE ANTIQVAE
Factbook | Tyrannian Empire | Tyrannian Fascism
Everything for Queen and Country.

User avatar
The V O I D
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15985
Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
Good.

Also, for Italia; if/when it becomes a province of Rome again due to semi-political marriage, there is a way to cut it up into Provinces.

Since the Italian Empire owns some Gaulic regions, as well as Slovenia/Croatia; you could cut up the provinces such that Italia is essentially 'modern Italy', then a Province of Italian Gaul, a Province of Corsica (not sure what the Romanization would be), a Province of Slovenia and a Province of Croatia.

Although, the Italians still might not like that, that's the only way to cut it up into provinces without causing Italians to throw a huge fit (if you decided to cut it up into provinces).


Well, it depends on what exactly would happen, but yeah, it could be a good idea.


Course, even then, Italia Proper would still be the largest/most populous province. :p

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8848
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:
(Image)
Ang Kataastaasang Kristiyanong
Mapanghimagsik na Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Montalban


Full Nation Name : The Supreme Christian Revolutionary Society of the Sons of Montalban (Ang Kataastaasang Kristiyanong Mapanghimagsik na Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Montalban) (Katipunan)
Majority/Official Culture : Tagalog, Filipino
Territorial Core : Just one rural village (pueblo) outside of the Philippine capital of Manila
Territorial Claim : The whole Philippines
Capital City : Montalban
Population : Approx. population of the Philippines: 6,000,000 // Membership of Katipunan: Approx. 3,000 (the whole population of Montalban)

Government Type : Military Christian Revolutionary Dictatorship
Government Ideology/Policies : Militant Christian, Philippine Independence, anti-(insert colonial master here)
Government Focus : Uniting the rest of the Philippine Islands under one fully Christian, Revolutionary, and Filipino Republic in order to fully devote all resources for the coming of Bernardo Carpio and Christ Himself
Head of State : Supreme Leader (Supremo) Macario Dela Cruz
Head of Government : Supreme Leader Macario Dela Cruz
Government Description : Macario Dela Cruz is able to operate in secrecy as the head of a town that is flanked on all sides by thick forests and mountains, as well as his official appointment as Mayor (Alkalde) of the Pueblo of Montalban by their colonial masters. His secret mountain village has been fermenting the idea of revolution for the last decade. Religion plays a huge role in Macario Dela Cruz' rule, as he is able to rally his people under the banner that they fight to prepare the Philippines for eventual freedom of Bernardo Carpio, which would signal the Second Coming of Christ Himself.

Majority/State Religion : Filipino Catholicism (Katolisismong Filipino)
Religious Description : The Katipunan's beliefs are very Millenarian and Catholic at the same time. While the pueblo believes in Christ, they also believe that the mountains flanking their home pueblo of Montalban are home to the legendary Bernardo Carpio, savior of the Filipino, who was put in chains and imprisoned under the mountain and that the land quakes whenever Bernardo Carpio has regained his strength and attempts once again to break free from his chains. One day, a deadly quake will erupt and the mountains will split open and the giant Bernardo Carpio will come out of the rubble to literally wreak havoc upon the enemies of the Sons of Montalban.

Economic Ideologies : Agrarian communalism
Major Production : Rice, Pigs, Carabaos, Bamboo
Economic Description : Like the rest of the Philippines, the economy of Montalban is dominated by agriculture. The economy of Montalban is organized around the production of rice, which is the main and staple food of the Filipino, as well as the production of pigs, carabaos and bamboo, which they sell in the neighboring towns as well as use for their personal sustenance. What little that they actually pay as tax to their colonial master, they pay, and what remains is either sold, divided among the families, and stored in storehouses for the coming revolution.

Army Strength : 1,600 armed men and women and 200 auxiliaries (mostly medical and logistical troops), 200 armed military religious.
Army Weakness : In secret for the past ten years, they have been attempting to gather what little weapons and ammunition they can from their so-called colonial masters. However, they have been painfully slow. What few modern rifles the Katipunan do have are reserved for Macario (who personally leads men into battle) and his bodyguard, chosen from the men and women with the best ability in both shooting and melee. For the armed men and women who have shown an aptitude, but not the expertise, for firearms, they have taken to fashioning homemade firearms known as paltik. For the rest of the armed men and women carry with them a bamboo spear and the infamous bolo knife.
Naval Strength : The main strength is that there is no need for a navy.
Naval Weakness : The main weakness is that there is no navy.
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals : To become a united, independent, Revolutionary Christian Nation
National Issues :
National Figures of Interest :
  • Mama Teresa, elder of the pueblo and mother of Macario Dela Cruz, who, along with Macario, is a spiritual head of the Katipunan.

History : WIP

Comparison Points – Political : 1
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 3
Comparison Points – Economy : 2
Comparison Points – Military : 3
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10


I have to emphasize that this app is dependent on the notion that the Philippines would be colonized at the beginning. Also that a lot of what I'm basing this on is actual history (a lot of it seems somehow forgotten by my own countrymen)

The Philippines are a Japanese colony. There is no reason for them to have a substantial Christian population, and I have no interest in allowing anyone to RP a rebellion in one of my most important colonies. If you do claim them, the OP board will make me give them up because of the "homeland>colony" rule, but you'll be invaded by me as soon as the RP starts because the Philippines is hugely important to me strategically.

Okay yeah you're pretty much saying I have no chance of playing.
"If there is no friendship with them [the poor] and no sharing of the life of the poor, then there is no authentic commitment to liberation, because love exists only among equals."
- Gustavo Gutiérrez
[b]Filipino||Catholic Liberationist||Leftist||He/Him||Bisexual||Trans Rights
Rojava||Free Taiwan||Assyria||Zapatistas

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:26 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:The Philippines are a Japanese colony. There is no reason for them to have a substantial Christian population, and I have no interest in allowing anyone to RP a rebellion in one of my most important colonies. If you do claim them, the OP board will make me give them up because of the "homeland>colony" rule, but you'll be invaded by me as soon as the RP starts because the Philippines is hugely important to me strategically.

Okay yeah you're pretty much saying I have no chance of playing.

Well, there is not much we can do on that. We could give you the claim, following the role, but Tyrannia has indeed been desiring the Philippines for quite a while in the last IC's, and he wants to take over the islands ICly it's his choice.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8848
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:Okay yeah you're pretty much saying I have no chance of playing.

Well, there is not much we can do on that. We could give you the claim, following the role, but Tyrannia has indeed been desiring the Philippines for quite a while in the last IC's, and he wants to take over the islands ICly it's his choice.

Okay great thanks.
"If there is no friendship with them [the poor] and no sharing of the life of the poor, then there is no authentic commitment to liberation, because love exists only among equals."
- Gustavo Gutiérrez
[b]Filipino||Catholic Liberationist||Leftist||He/Him||Bisexual||Trans Rights
Rojava||Free Taiwan||Assyria||Zapatistas

User avatar
Intermountain States
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1781
Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Intermountain States » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Pasong Tirad wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:The Philippines are a Japanese colony. There is no reason for them to have a substantial Christian population, and I have no interest in allowing anyone to RP a rebellion in one of my most important colonies. If you do claim them, the OP board will make me give them up because of the "homeland>colony" rule, but you'll be invaded by me as soon as the RP starts because the Philippines is hugely important to me strategically.

Okay yeah you're pretty much saying I have no chance of playing.

Seek an ally quickly, that's the only advice I can give you.

It's not like OT is going to invade the country and occupy it in one post.
American, science lover, free speech advocate, gamer, classical liberal, history enthusiast, jokester.
I find my grammatical mistakes after I finish posting
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:I'm a third party voter. Trust me when I say this: Not even a lifetime supply of tacos could convince me to vote for either Hillary or Trump. I suspect I'm not the only third party voter who feels that way. I cost Hillary nothing. I cost Trump nothing. If I didn't vote for third party, I would have written in 'Batman'.

If you try to blame me, I will laugh in your face. I'm glad she lost. I got half my wish. :)
Search boxes are your friends

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:35 pm

Intermountain States wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:Okay yeah you're pretty much saying I have no chance of playing.

Seek an ally quickly, that's the only advice I can give you.

It's not like OT is going to invade the country and occupy it in one post.

True, but Japan does have pretty good chances even with an ally on the other side.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24050
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:35 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:
Well, it depends on what exactly would happen, but yeah, it could be a good idea.


Course, even then, Italia Proper would still be the largest/most populous province. :p

Which Provincia Thracia wouldn't like :P
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

User avatar
Pasong Tirad
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8848
Founded: May 31, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pasong Tirad » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Intermountain States wrote:Seek an ally quickly, that's the only advice I can give you.

It's not like OT is going to invade the country and occupy it in one post.

True, but Japan does have pretty good chances even with an ally on the other side.

I've basically been warned that whatever I do if I fet the Philippines, even if the rules clearly state I can take them, I'm fucked because what he wants to RP can't compromise for a new guy like me who also wants to try to RP so of course I have to scrap everything I had planned. Kinda sucks but what am I going to do?
"If there is no friendship with them [the poor] and no sharing of the life of the poor, then there is no authentic commitment to liberation, because love exists only among equals."
- Gustavo Gutiérrez
[b]Filipino||Catholic Liberationist||Leftist||He/Him||Bisexual||Trans Rights
Rojava||Free Taiwan||Assyria||Zapatistas

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Main Nation Ministry, Okayanos, San Har Jasta, The Empire of Tau, The World Capitalist Confederation

Advertisement

Remove ads