NATION

PASSWORD

1870 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][REBOOT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Seinlo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:06 pm

Togeria wrote:
Seinlo wrote:
Yeah, history was a problem for me, too. I asked Danceria to help, and am still waiting to see if they'll help me with my history since it's kind of sparse right now, but I think my app is well enough for approval right now.

What are your plans for Callista, Togeria? Not necessarily ICly, but in general.

In general I want Callista to become the Rome of the New World in sense of prestige, glory, and all that and from there develop into something of its own. It's one thing to just be copy but it's another to steal because when you steal you make something yours, and from the Latin influence that will hopefully mix with cultures that will likely migrate to Callista I can make something entirely new in this world.

That sounds awesome ^_^ I hope that you succeed in that, since having the Rome of the New World as an ally would benefit me, and it'd be cool to see Callista become an even more interesting component of this roleplay.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:08 pm

Thanks, I hope Yemen prospers as well.
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:13 pm

Togeria wrote:Thanks, I hope Yemen prospers as well.

Right now I'm most worried about my navy. My nation needs a large, strong navy to defend itself, and to maintain its trade interests (like routes and the shipments it makes on a regular paces).

Those nasty Europeans also might want my land.
Depression kind of goes along with not being liked, especially when you ask for help, and don't get it. Remember that, okay? There are people who need someone, even if in a small way. Don't avoid them because of a misunderstanding, them having a bad day, and definitely not because everyone else does it. Even if it's just a fifteen minute conversation about nothing, it might help.

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Full Nation Name : Kingdom of Germania, or Germanic Empire
Majority/Official Culture :German
Territorial Core : Germany, Denmark, Prussia, Silesia, Iceland (Eismark), Cameroon on map, South Africa on the Map, New Zealand, Norfolk Island, and New Caledonia (Neues Deutschland), Mauritius and Reunion Island (Germanic/Deutsche Madagaskar), St. Helena (Sudatlantik),
Territorial Claim :Rest of South Africa, rest of the Baltic coast, Poland, Bohemia
Capital City :Hamburg
Population : 53 million

Government Type : Constitutional Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : militant
Government Focus : Largely focused on Economy with Military focus to enforce colonies, trade, etc.
Head of State : King Otto V
Head of Government : Dictator Johann Kleiner
Government Description : Most of the power still resides with the King, the elected Senate is administrated by the Dictator who is appointed from their number by the king. The Senate can veto the King's decree's with a 2/3rds majority. Laws made by the Senate must be okayed by the King unless the Senate overrules him with a 2/3rds majority. The King has full executive powers and can grant amnesty or declare a state of emergency giving him full power with just the acceptance of the Dictator.

Majority/State Religion : Teutonist
Religious Description : Combination of Catholic Christian Hierarchy with Old Germanic Pagan gods and Myths into the religion. Each of the old gods is worshiped as a patron angel sent by god to watch over and guide humanity. Except Hel and Fenrir who fell with Lucifer and satan which are separate beings in the Teutonist Psuedo Pantheon. The Teutonist symbol is a upside down Hammer inlaid into the Cross. The Term Apostle is used for the leader of the Church, much like a pope. The Church is centered out of Koln or Cologne.

Economic Ideologies : Protective Capitalism
Major Production : Refined materials and processed and manufactured goods.
Economic Description : Largely set up to refine imported materials as well as those found in the homeland regions of Germania. The exported items include weapons, textiles, building materials, and completed machinery and machinery parts among several others.

Army Strength : High Morale, Very Well Equipped and trained.
Army Weakness : smaller force, has a small fraction of forces outside wartime, continuously changing equipment can lead to logistical problems
Naval Strength : Hardy and fast ships with many ironclads armed with rams
Naval Weakness : few vessels compared to non military ships
Further Military Description : The Germanic Military has a long and proud history often stretched to include Arminius who defeated the Romans in the Teutoburg forest in antiquity. With extreme pride and loyalty to Germania the Army boasts a strong morale and being one of the most advanced nations on the globe the troops have top of the line equipment and training. Sadly they are a smaller force and often cut their troops down to a token force outside of wartime. A major flaw in the Germanic Army is the continuous striving for better equipment. While not always a problem when it is it cripples the forces as some units will have little to no access to ammunition for different weapons from their sister units. This can lead to problems and even fighting over ammunition and equipment between units.

The Germanic navy boasts some of the finest ships in the world, often behemoth in size and extremely durable in construction these vessels are very fast compared to many counterparts due to the Germanic engines used. Sadly due to the expanse of German shipping in time of total war old obsolete vessels must be brought into commission to enlarge the forces. The main problem lies outside of full on naval engagements however as the many Germanic merchant and civilian flotillas require naval protection which spreads the Germanic fleets out considerably.

National Goals : Expand via territories and economy.
National Issues : weaker nations must be defeated more trade must open up.
National Figures of Interest : King Otto I, Arminius, Queen Kunigunde the Catholic, King Augustus III, King Frederick the Teuton.
National Ambition/Aspirations : Dominance of Continental Europe and massive colonies.

History :
9 AD: Arminius Defeats Romans in the Battle of Teutoburg Forest.
14 AD: Arminius seizes control of a rival Germanic Tribe and defeats Germanicus in the battle of the Weser river. It is here that most Germanic Scholars feel Germania was truly united for the first time.
15 AD: Germanicus Defeats Arminius' forces in the battle of the of the Angriivari.
16 AD: One of three Eagles captured by Arminius' forces in the Teutoburg Forest is recaptured by romans.
21 AD: Arminius evades an assassination attempt by his followers. This marks the decline of his power.
29 AD: Arminius is defeated by opposing German Tribes.
30 AD: Arminius is Killed fighting the opposing tribes. This marks the break up of Germanic tribes once again. One Roman Eagle is lost, the other is entombed with Arminius at the site of the battle of the Teutoburg Forest never to be found again.
300 AD: German Tribes largely split into two groups, the western and southern tribes take on more romanized forms and christianize, while the cor group of tribes from the Rhine North and East fiercely remain Pagan.
486 AD: A unified force of German Stem Duchies and Tribes resist Frankish incursions into Germania proper. After the Expulsion of Frankish troops a bold powerplay by one of several Germanic Chieftains gives him a large Kingdom he would Dub Germania. It would stretch from the Rhine to the Elbe and as far south as the Danube. Not called Germania by other German Tribes, their name for the state has been lost to time.
495 AD: Germania under the first recorded king, King Reinhard I expands to include the coastal region near the mouths of the Elbe and Weser rivers.
500 AD: King Reinhard II ascends to the Throne and looses lands from the west bank of the Rhine to the Franks. He establishes a permanent capital in Fulda. This will remain the capital for 100 years.
521 AD: King Reinhard III ascends and fails at expanding Germania, he is largely regarded as a glutton and sloth following his terrible defeats at the hands of smaller Germanic states. He begins heavy taxation that seeds dissent among the people.
532 AD: King Alram follows his father's taxation laws and much of the average populace and lesser nobles became extemely impoverished.
540 AD: The Great Topples King Alram and places his Nephew King Gerwin on the throne. At age 12 Gerwin is easily manipulated by his mother who quietly enacts vengeance on her brother's killers. This Begins the Gerwin Dynasty.
543 AD: King Gerwin has his mother executed for murder. He earns the moniker King Gerwin the Just.
544 AD: King Gerwin marries the Princess of the greatly weakened Bavarie Tribe. They become a duchy under Germania.
551 AD: King Gerwin incorporates the Bavarian territories into Germania following the death of his father in law.
571 AD: King Markolf Ascends to the throne.
573 AD: King Markolf Conquers modern Holstein and incorporates it into Germania
578 AD: King Markolf goes to war with the Franks, fighting continues off and on again for the rest of his reign.
612 AD: Queen Kunigunde is married to the Frankish Prince who dies days after in a mysterious circumstance. This Begins the Kunigunde Dynasty.
615 AD: The region between Metz and Koln is returned to Germany by the Franks in an odd twist of Circumstances regarding the Queen's husband's death. The Capital is moved to Koln.
617 AD: Catholicism is made the State religion but few follow it and heinous crimes from both Christians and pagans erupt across the kingdom. Kunigunde punishes the pagans harshly.
645 AD: King Ingolf ascends following his Grandmother's death, he is a devout pagan brought up largely by Catholics. His close friend Arch Bishop Gunthard cooperates with Ingolf to form the Teutonist movement believing it will help bring peace to Germania.
652 AD: The first Teutonic Schism begins when seventeen priests and bishops are murdered in the Teutoburg forest for defiling a religious site. the Archbishop does as the King commands and those priests are criminalized, this alienates the Germanic priests who are devout catholics. Teutonists while outnumbered largely have the support of the pagan populace and a slow fight begins with mob attacks on churches across Germania.
670 AD: King Ingolf II bans the Catholic Church from Germania, however the Teutonist Church is largely just a slight alteration to the Catholic church that says the germanic gods were angels that appeared before Germans centuries ago to aide them. This would change slightly over time to incorporate more and more pagan legends and rituals.
690 AD: King Siegward ascends to the throne and almost immediately makes the Teutonists the official religion of Germania. He begins the slow and steady persecution of non Teutonist Germans.
700 AD: King Siegward invades the Pomeranian region. He soon finds himself at war with both eastern German Tribes and Danes.
712 AD: King Siegward II finally buys off the Danes and defeats the Pomeranian natives. He takes the region and establishes trade with the Danes.
715 AD: King Siegward dies in battle at the border of Bohemia. Germania will mark this as the first of many attempts to conquer the neighbor.
716 AD: The Germanic War of Succession begins as supporters of Siegward III are besieged in Koln by supporters of his younger brother Siegmund The two sides eventually side with one another to ward off Danish incursions.
719 AD: Following a protracted war with the Danes Siegward is captured and eventually killed by the Danes. Siegmund allows Danish settlers along the Pomeranian coast and Marries the Daughter of the Danish King to attain peace.
720 AD: Siegmund sacks the Danish villages and assaults the Danish homeland overland taking the enemy off guard with their forces away from home raiding. Pillaging large areas of Daneland they return home with many of the enemies wealth and thousands of slaves.
750 AD: Oskar I ascends to the throne, a Dane by blood he is cousin of the Previous king and marks the start of the Dane Dynasty. He indirectly causes a steady influx of more pagan ideology into the Germanic Kingdom as well as the Teutonist Church.
800 AD: Oskar VI dies in a hunting accident, at his death Germania stretches from the East Bank of the Meuse to the Vistula river along the coast and as far south as the Danube in the west. He is succeeded by Wilfried I starting the Wilfriedan Dynasty.
825 AD: Teutonist bishops are killed by pagans in eastern Germania, sparking the Germanic Reckoning. Hundreds Germanic Pagans are murdered and the Teutonist church is given rights to call up forces against heretics or enemies of the church.
875 AD: King Wilfried III invades the Danish Duchy bringing it under his direct control after they attempted to gain liberty from Germania.
890 AD: King Wilfried IV is forced to cede all western territories to the Franks.
900 AD: Raider Wars Begin. Wars between Danish, as well as other Scandinavian raider kingdoms take place for the next two hundred years. They are relatively small but destructive none the less.
940 AD: The Knightly Teuton Order is Founded. They are small and usually composed of disgraced knights earning penance by serving as defenders of Teutonist Monasteries and Churches.
1010 AD: The Battle of the Vistula Expels Germanic Influence from the Pagan Tribes along the Baltic Coast east of the Elbe.
1042 AD: Copenhagen is lost to Raiders from Sweden. It soon is independent and attempts to unite Danish nobles and peoples against Germania. This sparks the Dane War.
1045 AD: Danish rebels are forced off of mainland Denmark and Germania, however Copenhagen remains independent and continues to raid Germania as well as other nations.
1090 AD: Germania is almost completely Teutonist by this point and the Teutonic Church continues to gain power in the Kingdom.
1112 AD: In attempts to better ties with Catholics and Orthodox christians Teutonic Knights and Germanic Teutonists are often sent to help fight Muslim and Pagan forces following the 1112 decree of Apostle Volker the Commanding to "Aid fellow Christians in the holy Mission of Defeating the Infidel"
1116 AD: The 1st Teutonic March Leaves Munich for Constantinople to support Christian states in the Area. It will go on to march from Christian state to Christian state.
1126 AD: the Teutonic March Begins it's return journey having won a small amount of victories against Muslim forces Near Baghdad and Jerusalem while aiding Roman and Catholic Troops.
1145 AD: The Vistula March is Decreed by Apostle Dietmar the Vigilant to retake lands lost to pagans along the baltic coast between Germania and the Vistula. By this many in the region have already converted at the behest of missionaries and the Teutonic order places these converts in positions of power in the region. Germania launches an invasion of Pagan Copenhagen with the allowance of the Teutonic church. The City and Island are devastated by the campaign and the population is decimated. A Set of Five Castles, Large Fortresses are Established, One for Each corner of the Island and one for the City Itself. The Eastern Most Fortress is gifted to the Teutonic Knights as a headquarters as a way for the King to sway them to his loyalty over that of the Church.
1200 AD: The Vistula Campaign officially ends with thousands dead mostly civilians who refused to convert and many suspected of Harboring pagans or performing unacceptable rituals. It is from this point on pagan rituals are no longer allowed into the Teutonist dogma.
1213 AD: A coup is launched by Berthold, cousin of King Raban III. Raban escapes and flees to the Teutonic Knight Fortress near Copenhagen.
1215 AD: Berthold the Usurper is a brutal king. His cousin had been well loved by his people and Berthold fights several unorganized rebellions. Apostle Erhard the Martyr, a known Supporter of King Raban is Crucified in Koln to frighten the Church into submission. This backfires as Grandmaster of the Teutonic Knights, Frederick, Declares King Berthold to be an enemy of the Church. Helping to get a puppet made Apostle, Frederick gets a Teutonic March Declared and the Nation descends into civil war.
1217 AD: King Raban dies in battle with no heirs.
1218 AD: Frederick Defeats and kills Berthold. He is proclaimed King by the Teutonic Church. This marks the start of the Teuton Dynasty.
1240 AD: Frederick II gifts The Prussian region to the Teutonic Order upon his father's death. His younger brother is made Apostle and his cousin Grandmaster of the Teutonic Knights of the same year.
1261 AD: The Great Teutonic Crusade Begins. All Teutonic Knights are called to return to Teutonist monasteries and lands before a major invasion of the Baltic area begins. During this time other christians are also put to the sword.
1312 AD: Under Grandmaster Bernard the Furthest Eastern Expansion of the Teutonic Duchy would reach from Brandenburg to Tallinn in the Baltics. However it quickly begins to decline as the Teuton Dynasty begins to separate itself from the church.
1380 AD: King Baldwin Makes war on Sweden but is defeated relatively easy. His forces are unprepared for the fight and the Church refuses to call a Teutonic March on a christian nation without provocation.
1400 AD: Germanic non teutons are targeted by mob violence across the nation. Catholic nobles find it more and more difficult to command their people or deal with other nobles.
1425 AD: the Volkmarsch begins. Not commanded by the Teutonic Church both the average citizens and Teutonic Order begin massacring those that are not Teutons.
1437 AD: Burning of Koln. Several Catholics launch a counter to the attacks made by the Teutonists leading to a massive sacking of Koln when the Catholics attacked the city from within.
1437 AD: By command of the King, all Catholics within the Germanic territories were given a month to leave their lands and flee to a neighboring Catholic territory. Few chose to and soon the nation once again collapsed into war. A Teutonist Priest would begin establishing a separate religious group during this time Dubbed simply the Protestant, protesting both the violence from each side and the widespread corruption in either denomination.
1460 AD: The Three Church War begins. Followers of each denomination battle for control of the German state. The Capital is Permanently moved to Hamburg.
1463 AD: Protestant groups are largely given peace by Teutonist groups, they have proven superior at swaying those to their side than the Teutonists were prepared to deal with and so they became large very quickly.
1467 AD: The Peace of Danzig promises safety for Christians of all denomination except Protestants within the Borders of Germania, the Teutonic Duchy Splits in two, the region west of Memel (Klaipeda) rejoined Germania.
1480 AD: Protestants and Teutonists clash after a fire in a Protestant church is blamed on several local Teutonic priests. The fighting will continue for another hundred years.
1575 AD: King Augustus III also known as Augustus the fair officially separated the power of the Monarch and the Teutonic Church. This ignited the Teutonic Civil war. Fought between Monarchists and Zealots the Monarchy had the support of more people and included more than just Teutonists.
1578 AD: Monarchist forces Soundly defeat the forces of Apostle Hermann the Disloyal. The Peace of Bremen is Signed.
1600 AD: The Port war begins. A short conflict over the right to Iceland between Germanic backed Settlers and Scandinavian forces resolves with the Peace of Copenhagen. Iceland is Germanic officially from this point on.
1645 AD: Gotland is lost by the Teutonic Knights, the Order Dissolves and its state collapses. Those Knights in Germania are given largely ceremonial duties and they remain a display of power and ties to the church.
1678 AD: Two Brothers in Hamburg invent the Steam engine which is used for their Cousin's textile mill. This will eventually spearhead the Industrial revolution for Europe and East Asia.
1691 AD: Trade Ports are Established in Kamerun, Cape of Good Hope, and New Zealand.
1700 AD: Colonists arrive in Kamerun, and the Cape of Good Hope. They are largely desperate people with little choice and soldiers commanded by officer who have angered their leadership.
1705 AD: Germania conforms to a proffessional military and noble ranks are quickly replaced with merit based rankings.
1770 AD: Kamerun, Südafrika, and Neues Deutschland(New Zealand), are declared Colonial Dominions of Germania.
1797 AD: The Berlin-Hamburg Rail Line Becomes the First Commercially run Railway.
1835 AD: King Otto IV signs the Constitution of Berlin, this established the Senate and the way the Constitutional Monarchy of Germania would be run.
1861 AD: King Otto V ascends to the throne.

Comparison Points – Political :1
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 2
Comparison Points – Economy :3
Comparison Points – Military :4
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10
Last edited by Second Helghan Empire on Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:50 am, edited 7 times in total.
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:16 pm

At this point I'm questioning whether to keep up Persia or to reprise Nepal from my very first time here.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:17 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:At this point I'm questioning whether to keep up Persia or to reprise Nepal from my very first time here.

If you play Nepal you'll have to deal with me again.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:19 pm

Elerian wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:At this point I'm questioning whether to keep up Persia or to reprise Nepal from my very first time here.

If you play Nepal you'll have to deal with me again.

I've not got an issue with that. It's fun to 'deal with' people.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:25 pm

Helghan, are you not taking Mauritius or Reunion island? I was told that someone else was taking those, and I would like to have them if not.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:30 pm

I get confused when someone has something on the map, but doesn't list them as claims...

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Guidance Name : Islamic Dark Age

Guidance Description : The times following the defeat of the Armies of Mohammed were dark times for the people of the crescent, but they were ultimately not the only ones to suffer, for without their pioneering spirit in the fields of Academia and the steadfast heart of Constantinople standing strong the tides of Knowledge that the upheaval the Armies of Islam would have brought proved to be decimating to the peoples of Europe. As a result of Islam being forced back, the Renaissance never occurred and European Intelligentsia stuttered and faltered falling behind the power of the Imperium Romanum. Europe remained mired in an ignorant Dark Age only eventually making progress after many years. Europe however would remain in the shadow of foreign powers and the continent would be one step behind many parts of the world.

-The Roman Tech Group is considered to be more advanced than the European Tech Group

-The European Tech Group suffers from lack of ingenuity and innovation making them slow to adapt or adopt new ideas meaning that attempts to modernize are also stifled.

Affected Area : Europe

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:40 pm

Elerian wrote:-SNIP-

Hmm, interesting. I shall continue to try to come up with a Guidance for myself, though. Maybe something to do with my navy. Guidances are so hard to think up :c

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:44 pm

Elerian wrote:Guidance Name : Islamic Dark Age

Guidance Description : The times following the defeat of the Armies of Mohammed were dark times for the people of the crescent, but they were ultimately not the only ones to suffer, for without their pioneering spirit in the fields of Academia and the steadfast heart of Constantinople standing strong the tides of Knowledge that the upheaval the Armies of Islam would have brought proved to be decimating to the peoples of Europe. As a result of Islam being forced back, the Renaissance never occurred and European Intelligentsia stuttered and faltered falling behind the power of the Imperium Romanum. Europe remained mired in an ignorant Dark Age only eventually making progress after many years. Europe however would remain in the shadow of foreign powers and the continent would be one step behind many parts of the world.

-The Roman Tech Group is considered to be more advanced than the European Tech Group

-The European Tech Group suffers from lack of ingenuity and innovation making them slow to adapt or adopt new ideas meaning that attempts to modernize are also stifled.

How does if affect nations associated with Rome?
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Um, Italia - as a close ally of Imperium Romanum - likely wouldn't be affected by this, right?

As for everyone else, not sure if this breaks too much or not. Hope an OP or Co-OP sees this and judges it. Seems interesting otherwise.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:48 pm

I hope this doesn't affect my nation too much, since I just finished the app/got accepted.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:50 pm

The V O I D wrote:

Um, Italia - as a close ally of Imperium Romanum - likely wouldn't be affected by this, right?

As for everyone else, not sure if this breaks too much or not. Hope an OP or Co-OP sees this and judges it. Seems interesting otherwise.

I'm an OP, so there's that.

But if you're in the Roman tech group then you will probably have better tech.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:51 pm

I'll have Trace decide how Roman Ruthenia is. Not sure how close he intends for us to be.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:51 pm

Elerian wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

I'm an OP, so there's that.

But if you're in the Roman tech group then you will probably have better tech.

So, then yes. I'm in the roman tech group in all likelihood, to some degree or another.

Novacom
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novacom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:52 pm

The V O I D wrote:

I'll point this out Elerian is the main co-op meaning he's in charge and I'm in charge of guidances. Given Islam got crippled and much of Europe built off of Islam's intellectual ism at the time and that coupled with the fact that Constantinople never fell means this guidance is accepted.

Roman tech group would be Trace and Brazil iks Persia and possibly Novgorod your Italy has enough separation to be European though you could try and romanise.
Last edited by Novacom on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Novacom wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

I'll point this out Elerian is the main co-op meaning he's in charge and I'm in charge of guidances. Given Islam got crippled and much of Europe built off of Islam's intellectual ism at the time and that coupled with the fact that Constantinople never fell means this guidance is accepted.

Roman tech group would be Trace and Brazil iks Persia and possibly Novgorod your Italy has enough separation to be European though you could try and romanise.

Yeah, but I'm apart of East-Roman influence still, plus Eastern Rome owned Southern Italy at one point according to my history, and we've been friends for a while. So while I am in Europe, I still belong to the Roman Tech Group.

Plus, the guidance kind of breaks my app too much if I'm not part of the Roman Tech Group to some degree - I at least need to be industrialized and use metals and such in my ships, I think, as well as decent rifles and the likes, similar to East-Rome.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:00 pm

I really hope I don't need a guidance for 1860 to 1870-level military tech, lots of which is imported or has been reverse engineered.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:02 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Novacom wrote:

Yeah, but I'm apart of East-Roman influence still, plus Eastern Rome owned Southern Italy at one point according to my history, and we've been friends for a while. So while I am in Europe, I still belong to the Roman Tech Group.

Plus, the guidance kind of breaks my app too much if I'm not part of the Roman Tech Group to some degree - I at least need to be industrialized and use metals and such in my ships, I think, as well as decent rifles and the likes, similar to East-Rome.

You'd still be industrialized even if you were in the Euro tech group, you'd just be behind the Roman tech group.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Elerian told me that guidances were more for regions than nations, so I will try ro come up with something for the nations in the Indian Ocean and the various straits, gulfs, and seas in or around it (probably something economic), but it might end up beinf something entirely different.
Last edited by Seinlo on Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:08 pm

I'm indeed quite tempted to take Nepal back.

Like, sorry Trace, but I just might go for it. Even still, you can try to pretend Sassanid is still a thing.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:15 pm

Elerian wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

You'd still be industrialized even if you were in the Euro tech group, you'd just be behind the Roman tech group.

Just feel like a Roman Imperial Italia heavily allied with East-Rome for about threeish centuries now would be in the Roman Tech Group, as putting it under the Europe Tech Group makes no sense according to that continuity and lore.

Seinlo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seinlo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:21 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Elerian wrote:

Just feel like a Roman Imperial Italia heavily allied with East-Rome for about threeish centuries now would be in the Roman Tech Group, as putting it under the Europe Tech Group makes no sense according to that continuity and lore.

There are factors other than your alliance, Void.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse