NATION

PASSWORD

GE&T Accreditation Agency [Temporarily closed - backlog]

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:03 am

Xanixi wrote:[Accreditation Form]

OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION FROM GE&TAA

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Lady Warren! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of five stars for your storefront, the Union Stock Exchange! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
Code: Select all
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/tFobpZC.png/img][/url][/align]

Should this banner not stylistically match your storefront, you may contact us directly or browse our selection of alternate banners to see if one of them fits better.

If you have received a low rating for your storefront, we highly recommend that you read over our list of common storefront suggestions. These should help get you on the path to a five-star rating. We also recommend reading over Cen's Handy Guide to GE&T Product-making, which should help you work through creating original products should you require such assistance. Additionally, please do not hesitate to re-apply after you have acted on any improvement suggestions given.

Once more, thank you for applying to the Global Economics and Trade Accreditation Agency! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Robert J. Burneside, Chief Executive Officer.
Daniel R. Sparkmann, Head of Accreditation.

Well, there's really not much for me to say, really. You were at five-star-level before your renovation, anyways. So, here's that fancy banner, and keep up the good work!

The only suggestion I have is purely aesthetic, and is up to you. You may want to explore using the [tab=##] tags to indent each paragraph of your intro. The coding is just [tab=(number of pixels)][/tab]. I typically use 30 pixels, which is a pretty standard indentation.

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 pm

Storefront Accreditation Form
Nation Name: The Pacifican Islands
Storefront Name: Pacifican Airways
Link to Storefront Thread: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 6&t=386959
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? yes
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Airline
Special Requests: None
Name and position of applying individual: CEO Joseph Luc
**GETAAFORM**
Thank you for submitting your storefront for accreditation! You will be contacted when your rating is complete!

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:34 pm

The Pacifican Islands wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Luc! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of four stars for your storefront, Pacifican Airways! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/oB8v3Va.png[/img][/url][/align]

Should this banner not stylistically match your storefront, you may contact us directly or browse our selection of alternate banners to see if one of them fits better.

If you have received a low rating for your storefront, we highly recommend that you read over our list of common storefront suggestions. These should help get you on the path to a five-star rating. We also recommend reading over Cen's Handy Guide to GE&T Product-making, which should help you work through creating original products should you require such assistance. Additionally, please do not hesitate to re-apply after you have acted on any improvement suggestions given.

Once more, thank you for applying to the Global Economics and Trade Accreditation Agency! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Firstly, I do like the rebanding that you've done. The new logo looks quite nice, and the additions and changes that you've made really help the storefront as a whole. I do have some suggestions for you to continue to improving.

1: Firstly, I'd recommend sightly expanding your letter from CEO Luc. Right now, it doesn't seem particularly formal, both content-wise and formatting-wise. I recommend using your new header logo (or possibly a slightly smaller version of it) as a notehead to make it look more formal. There's more than enough advice on this particular topic here if you'd like to read over it, which I would highly recommend.

2: While I like the amount of detail that is implicit in having a large image for your cabin classes, I do have a suggestion regarding that. You may want to experiment with using a significantly smaller image (around 1/2 of the height of your current ones) with a transparent boundary (something like 5-10 pixels) in it's place, and then align it to the right. This will let your text wrap around it, and significantly increase the relative scale of the text. I you would like to try this, you should probably also alternate which side of the page your image is on to balance the images with the text. If you have questions about this, just shoot me a telegram.

3: Lastly, I would highly recommend increasing the amount of text in each of your application responses. There are very, very few situations in which having a one-line reply is helpful, and in this case it has the potential to harm your business greatly. You can either write out personalized, paragraph-long responses to each customer (a tedious and daunting process), or make a formal response that you can easily edit to make applicable to a wide range of customers and situation. For this, take a look at storefronts like Freyport Armory, Bank of Thedosia, and Air Terrania to see what these could potentially look like.

That's all I've got for now. Again, great job with the rebranding. I really like where you've come so far, and look forwards to seeing you continue improve!

Last edited by The Nation of Ceneria on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Paradisiam
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:24 pm

Nation Name: Paradisiam
Storefront Name: Falling Star Forge
Link to Storefront Thread:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=391195#p30058750
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Yes
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Military
Special Requests:
Name and position of applying individual: Ted Danson
**GETAAFORM**
Thank you for submitting your storefront for accreditation! You will be contacted when your rating is complete!
Last edited by Paradisiam on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uttland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Uttland » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:50 pm

We'll Get It There.

From: Justine Cuellar, EVP for Market Development and Corporate Relations
To: Whomever it Concerns

Greetings! We would like for your agency to value our storefront at Pony Express Shipping and Co.. We are a company offering services in shipping cargo through means of cargo planes and ships. Here is our application:

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Uttland
Storefront Name: Pony Express Shipping & Co.
Link to Storefront Thread: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=391523
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Yes.
What type of storefront is this? Shipping.
Special Requests: None.
Name and position of applying individual: Justine Cuellar, Executive Vice President for Market Development and Corporate Relations
**GETAAFORM**
Last edited by Uttland on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biden for President(The Pragmatic Choice!)

”Cease, cows, life is short.”
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: The Western Canon by Harold Bloom
Current Bop: "12 Steps" by Japanese Breakfast
Politicial Views: Moderate free market and social liberal with some select conservative and social democratic leanings/views. Anti-populist. Aspirational wonk. 8values and Political Compass results + more detailed politics/views
Favorite Books: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, by Haruki Murakami, Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:57 pm

Paradisiam wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Danson! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of two stars for your storefront, Falling Star Forge! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/jNqJoGj.png[/img][/url][/align]

While you do have a good start on your storefront, I do feel that there are a wide range of ways in which you can improve. Suggestions below.

1: Firstly, I'd recommend making the background of your logo (currently white) transparent instead, which will make the logo more easily visible to dark theme users.

2: Storefront information is a very important part of operating a successful storefront. Having good products is only half the battle, because the information about a storefront is generally the first thing that potential customers see when the walk in the door. For this reason, it is incredibly important that you provide enough information about your storefront to a potential customer that they can figure out what they want to know, but aren't drowned in non-helpful details. For more on this, please see here.

3: Third, while I am intrigued by the polygonal rifling system, I do recommend that you expand on it if you are going to have it as prominently placed as you do at present. Mention the fact that it improves barrel life span, and improves gas seal when firing. Another thing to be aware of is how ridiculous the "prohibits terrorist organizations from... disguising themselves as government personnel" claim is. Will gun rifling really help with this?

4: Product wise, your weapons are almost totally lacking in write-ups, one of the most important parts of a great product. Statistics can only tell you so much, and write-ups pick up where your stat-block drops off. For an explanation on what should be included in this, please see here and here.

That's it for now. Once you have acted on most of these suggestions, you are welcome to reapply for more suggestions and the possibility of a higher rating. Nice job so far, and good luck with Falling Star Forge!

Uttland wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Cuellar! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of three stars for your storefront, Pony Express Shipping & Co.! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/lGAIWoP.png[/img][/url][/align]

You've dived into one of the single most difficult markets in GE&T, and I have to give you some big-time kudos for that. Just be aware that shipping and logistics storefronts tend to struggle a bit, so don't be surprised if the time period between applications is a bit extended, even by GE&T standards (which is already pretty long).

Content-wise, I do have a couple of suggestions for you. First of all, do be aware than 'naval' refers to warships, not shipping. The word you're looking for may be 'maritime' or 'nautical.'

Secondly, you may want to add a bit more to your formal responses. Having a more lengthy response, particularly one that seems to be personalized, works wonders in making customers more likely to purchase from you again. I wrote a splurge about that here for your convenience.

Lastly, you may want to add a bit more about your storefront in general to the introductory section of your storefront. As the first thing that potential customers will see upon clicking on the link to your storefront, it is crucial to catch their eyes with helpful and accurate information. For more, see here.

That's all I have for now. Again, just keep in mind that you've gotten started in a fringe industry, and that responses may be a bit less frequen than you would like. Aside from that, good work so far, and I look forwards to seeing where Pony Express leads you!

Last edited by The Nation of Ceneria on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The United Federation of Chasetopia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Federation of Chasetopia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:36 am

Official Announcement / Request
of Chase & Company Inc.

To the CEO of the GE&T Accreditation Agency,

Chase & Company Inc., wishes to bring to your CEO or President the following proposal. We show great interest in your business. We wish to request that you provide your services for our storefront.

Nation Name: The United Federation of Chasetopia
Storefront Name: Chase & Company Inc.
Link to Storefront Thread: Here
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Oil / Gas Industry and Construction
Special Requests: N/A
Name and position of applying individual: President and CEO Chase McClure
**GETAAFORM**

We are confident that this letter will reach you on good terms and that the terms are acceptable.
We look forward to hearing back from you as well as hearing of your continued success.

Godspeed,
Chase N. McClure, President and CEO, Chase & Company Inc.
Last edited by The United Federation of Chasetopia on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
News Ticker
The military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, citizens are abandoning their homes en masse in a widespread panic over asbestos, debate rages over whether ground fish guts can be spread on fields, and justice is available only to those who can afford its price tag.

Factbooks:
[National Factbook] [Department of Defense Report]
Storefront:
(Chase & Company Inc. Petroleum)
Pro: Right-Wing, Theocracy, Alt-Right, Nationalism
Against: Globalism, Left-Wing Politics, SJWs, PC Police, China, Islam
"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face." ~Ronald Reagan

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:42 am

The United Federation of Chasetopia wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. McClure! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of three stars for your storefront, Chase & Company Inc! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/lGAIWoP.png[/img][/url][/align]

Before I give my list of suggestions, I just want to make sure what you are aware of how difficult petroleum storefronts have historically been to operate. Even the best-looking, most content-filled storefronts of this kind can easily slip into the void of dead threads. Due to the relatively low demand for oil in GE&TAA, just be on the lookout to promote your products elsewhere, such as offering contracts to independent companies, looking for test subjects for new oil drilling systems, etc.

Suggestion-wise, there are a couple of things that I think you can do to improve your storefront. Firstly, for those on the Dark theme, your logo would be retina-burning. I would highly recommend replacing the white background with a transparent one. It will look pretty much the same to Rift users, but will make a world of difference for Dark theme users.

Secondly, I'd take a look at making sure everything it realistic. For instance, if your construction section you state that "[c]onstruction on all facilities will begin within 2-4 days of acceptance". For all of the facilities you offer, and while I am by no means an expert in this subject, I do believe that this is rather ridiculous. Even with a government contract, obtaining building permits, sourcing materials, and designing blueprints for something like a refinery could take anywhere from months to a couple of years.

Thirdly, you may want to expand your replies to customers a little. This could be as simple as adding an introductory paragraph talking about your commitment to the quality of your services, and how you think your customer has made a wise choice in selecting C&C. Just add a little more fluff to make the letter seem more personal and like you really care about satisfying any questions that your customers may have.

That's it for now. As always, once you have acted on these recommendations, you are welcome to reapply for a higher rating and further suggestions. Great job so far on C&C, and I look forwards to seeing you continue to improve! Good luck!

The United Federation of Chasetopia
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Federation of Chasetopia » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Official Announcement / Request
of Chase & Company Inc.

To Robert J. Burneside and Daniel R. Sparkmann,

Chase & Company Inc., wishes to re-apply for accreditation. We acted on your reccomendations and wish to at least attempt for the fourth and or fifth star. On a second note, If nothing has changed please telegram The United Federation of Chasetopia as we wish to discuss tips as well as the struggle of running an oil storefront. We are confident that this letter will reach you on good terms and that the terms are acceptable. We look forward to hearing back from you as well as hearing of your company's / nation's continued success.

Nation Name: The United Federation of Chasetopia
Storefront Name: C&C Inc.
Link to Storefront Thread: Here
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Oil / Gas
Special Requests: TG Chasetopia
Name and position of applying individual: President and CEO Chase McClure
**GETAAFORM**

Godspeed,
Chase N. McClure, President and CEO, Chase & Company Inc.
News Ticker
The military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, citizens are abandoning their homes en masse in a widespread panic over asbestos, debate rages over whether ground fish guts can be spread on fields, and justice is available only to those who can afford its price tag.

Factbooks:
[National Factbook] [Department of Defense Report]
Storefront:
(Chase & Company Inc. Petroleum)
Pro: Right-Wing, Theocracy, Alt-Right, Nationalism
Against: Globalism, Left-Wing Politics, SJWs, PC Police, China, Islam
"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face." ~Ronald Reagan

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:16 pm

The United Federation of Chasetopia wrote:[Accreditation Form

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. McClure! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of four stars for your storefront, Chase & Company Inc! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/oB8v3Va.png[/img][/url][/align]

Firstly, sorry for the long response time. Busy week. Your storefront is definitely improved since the original application, I like the new logo especially! Suggestion-wise, as always there are a couple things that you can continue to work on.

Firstly, I'd recommend adding a bit more information about each of your types of fuel. I know that it's a pain in the rear to write a paragraph about gasoline, but it will definitely help in filling out the gas section with more than just the headers for each type.

Secondly, you may want to add a section (or paragraph) about your commitment to the environment (if you have one). That's getting to become a major concern worldwide these days, so clearly addressing it in a positive manner might help your storefront.

That's all the specific suggestions I've got on hand. As always, there are always aesthetic means for improvement for pretty much every type of storefront, so keep on experimenting with the forum coding to find unique styles that will make your storefront pop out to the casual viewer. Likewise, if you have any further questions then please shoot me a telegram, and feel free to post here later on for a higher rating. Great job, and good luck!

Corindia
Minister

Founded: May 29, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Corindia » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:19 pm

Nation Name: The Democratic States of Corindia
Storefront Name: Redseed Manufacturies
Link to Storefront Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=395243
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Absolutely
Special Requests: I'm not sure how to set a reasonable price for DPR, any help there would be great
Name and position of applying individual: Ciriaco Eduardo, CEO of Redseed Manufacturies
**GETAAFORM**
Last edited by Corindia on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Of the People, For the People

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Storefront Name: Pacifican Airways
Link to Storefront Thread: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 6&t=386959
Name and position of applying individual: CEO Joseph Luc
**GETAAFORM**

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:23 am

Nation Name: Alozia
Storefront Name: Alozia Flights
Link to Storefront Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=388035
Name and position of applying individual: Ronald Brumpf, Owner and CEO of Alozia Flights
**GETAAFORM**
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Common Territories » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:40 pm

Nation Name: The Empire of Common Territories.
Storefront Name: Meinhardt Brauerei.
Link to Storefront Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=394804
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Sure. It's still a work in progress even though I got 98% (or something, im making things as I go) done, it's a new field for me so im open to suggestions.
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? A company that sells/distributes alcoholic beverages, bottles drinks, owns farms and liquor stores.
Special Requests: None. 12/10 IGN maybe?
Name and position of applying individual: Eric Wenzeslaus Meinhardt, Owner and CEO.
**GETAAFORM**

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Corindia wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Eduardo! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of two stars for your storefront, Redseed Manufacturies! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/jNqJoGj.png[/img][/url][/align]

Okay. Let me just start by saying that your graphics are gorgeous. Don't change a thing with those. Except for suggestion 4 below, but I'll get to that in a moment.

1: Firstly, and most importantly, you have far too little information for each one of your products. One of the most effective ways at communicating the strengths (lots of these!) and weaknesses (but only a few of these!) of your products is through a write-up, something that your storefront does not have, Unfortunately, this is also a heavily emphasized part of the GE&TAA rating sheet. So, allow quote a short little section from my common storefront suggestions list(link) that should point you in the right direction.
Cen's Common Storefront Suggestions List wrote:
  • Do your products have comprehensive write-ups?
For a military storefront, this is the single most important thing to have. In short, your storefront is doomed to get a terrible rating unless you actually talk about your product in a reasonably comprehensive manner, and have more text than statistics. Take a look at storefronts such as Wolf Armaments, and notice that it has way more description of the product that statistics. Now, Common Territories' (WA's owner) write-ups are pretty much the pinnacle of what they should be like. Five to ten sentences can suffice for things such as hand-held weapons, but the length and detail of write-ups should drastically increase along with size (and price). Talk about performance in combat, history, materials, electronics, drive systems (if applicable), etc. Just give your customers a very full description of the product and what it can do. Ideally, someone who has read over your write-up should be able to write a perfectly accurate story involving your product.

If you'd like more than that on the topic of making products accurate and (hopefully) successful, then I wrote a much longer spiel on it here. This is the most important suggestion for the time being, so I recommend focusing your efforts on write-ups at first.

2: Secondly, while you do give a little bit of information about your company in the opening paragraph of your storefront, I don't feel that it's really enough to grab a potential customer's attention. Again, I'd like to point you towards by list of common suggestions.
Dat List o' Suggestions wrote:
  • Do you actually talk about your storefront?
One thing that many storefronts lack is ample description of the storefront. This can be anything from a paragraph explaining the history of the company in question to a long biography of the company's Chief Executive Officer. While we do not recommend drowning potential customers in information, allowing customers to get a feel for the company as well as what it sells is imperative to running a successful storefront. A list of common informational sections is below.
  1. Letter from CEO/Manager/Owner
  2. History of the company
  3. Company executives and employees
  4. Why you should buy from the storefront
  5. FAQ
  6. Contact Information
  7. Eco-friendliness

…et cetera. There are endless possibilities for introductory content for your storefront. Just pick something, go for it, and see what happens!

3: Something that you may want to consider adding to your storefront is an order form. While I know some storefront owners prefer to not have one so as to encourage well-considered formal letters, in many cases it can just compel certain customers to write such things as "Hello we would like to get 100000 rifles for our armed forces! we will pay you in 189 attack elephants, just please deliver them to our capital". Which isn't really what you want. An order form means that there is a definitive minimum amount of information that can be given, so it improves the quality of the baseline order while still allowing customers the option of writing a formal letter.

4: Speaking of formal letters, you may want to do a couple of changes to your formal reply. Firstly, I'd recommend decreasing the size of your letterhead (the logo at the top of each letter) by at least 1/2. Let your words do the talking. Along those lines, you should probably also include more content in your replies, even if it is a cut-and-dried form letter like the one that I used outside of the spoiler above. For my rant on how to do this effectively, click here.

Okay. Whew! That's all I have for you right now. As I said, the main thing that is keeping your rating down right now is the lack of product write-ups, so just focus your efforts on those and I'm positive you can re-apply for a better rating. Great job so far (especially with those glorious graphics), and good luck with Redseed!

The Pacifican Islands wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Luc! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of five stars for your storefront, Pacifican Airways! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/tFobpZC.png[/img][/url][/align]

I'm going to be perfectly honest and say that I was less than thrilled when I saw your accreditation form. I thought something like "what tiny changes were made this time" to myself as I clicked the link. But oh how wrong I was. I am very impressed with what you've done with your storefront since the last accreditation. Your letter from Mr. Luc just about the perfect mix of brevity and detail, both alluding to information that can be found elsewhere on the page and stating the relevant details. In my personal opinion, that is one of the most effective letters that I've yet seen.

My only suggestion at this point is to mess around a little more with your images. While their very much front-and-center placement right now is great for advertising your destinations and travel classes, they do seem to eclipse you actual content. I would recommend downsizing at least a couple of them, and then align the smaller images to the side to displace the text by a little bit. This will allow your images to get the attention that they deserve while still allowing the text's content to be effective in convincing your potential customers.

And that's it! Your improvement since you first applied has been very impressive, and I really do look forwards to seeing Pacifican span the ocean in its quest to bring business to the multiverse. Stellar job, and good luck!

Last edited by The Nation of Ceneria on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Alozia wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Brumpf! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of two stars for your storefront, AloziaFlights! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.

You certainly have all of the bare-bones in place now, but I still think there are a couple of areas that you can focus on in order to make your storefront even better.

1): Firstly, as your storefront is now, the logo of the BluSkies partnership is a good deal larger than the logo of the actual airline. While advertising such things at that partnership is important, you do want to make sure than your storefront takes precedence over that. Accordingly, I'd recommend either significantly enlarging the AloziaFlights logo (without making it blurry, of course), or moving the BluSkies logo. Either way, I would probably recommend downsizing the BluSkies logo.

2): Right now, your history and about the company sections both read like outlines. Seeing as they are meant to give the reader a helpful and descriptive personal connection to the storefront, this doesn't seem to me to be the most effective means of communicating information. I would highly recommend taking the outlines that you have and craft them into paragraphs that smoothly and easily communicate the content that you already have there.

3): While having the name of the owner of your company conveniently close to that of the US President-elect is certainly amusing, given the number of people who still have raw nerves about that fact, it is probably not the wisest thing to do. I'd recommend changing it.

4): Twenty-five planes is a very small number for a company that claims to be the number 1 airline in its country of origin, as well as serving ten additional countries. To be realistic, you should probably significantly increase this number.

That's everything I have right now. You've got a good start, and I'm confident that you can continue to improve. Good luck!

Last edited by The Nation of Ceneria on Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:49 pm

Common Territories wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Brauerei! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of five stars for your storefront, Meinhardt Brauerei! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.
[align=center][url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322995][img]http://i.imgur.com/tFobpZC.png[/img][/url][/align]

STOP BREAKING MY RATING SCALE!

In all seriousness, though, I barely even had to look at this one in order to say, "Yep, five." You've been a continuing hero for comprehensive product descriptions, and Meinhardt Brauerei is no different.

The only concern that I have at this point is the fact that, while it is linked in the table of contents, your products are not actually linked in the body of the storefront, and so it took me longer than I would have liked to find them. Now admittedly, I'm not the smartest pea in the pod, but I think making your products as obviously placed as possible would be beneficial. You might even try something new and different, and use the fancy-schmancy labels that you cooked up as links to each individual product. Only minimal description necessary, just pointing the way with pretty graphics to the products page.

Anyways, that's just an idea. Stellar job as always, and I do hope Meinhardt Brauerei works out for you! Great job, and good luck!

Common Territories
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2011

Postby Common Territories » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:36 pm

OOC: Admittedly, I actually agree with your suggestion because I had similar thoughts myself. Currently, the two links to products are on the table (which leads to the product thread itself) and the product listing under financial information. I've been thinking that it's harder to access the products then I'd typically like it to be, but your review has gotten me thinking about actually doing something about it (your suggestion was a good one after all). I have to ponder over it though, depending on how I want to approach everything I could follow your advice strictly or go another route, so it'll be a while before I make a huge decision like rearranging the OPs.

Regardless, thanks for the positive review and for the keen suggestion. It's much appreciated.

The Technocratic Syndicalists
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2015

Postby The Technocratic Syndicalists » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Nation Name: The Technocratic Syndicate
Storefront Name: Syndicate Defense Industries (SDI)
Link to Storefront Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=373387
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Yes. The Storefront is still a WIP and is not currently open
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Military, with a heavy focus on Aersospace
Special Requests: I submitted a form for a storefront of the same name awhile ago. This is a new storefront intended to replace the old one and shares nothing in common with the exception of the name and logo. If you could delete the mention of the old one here that would great.
Name and position of applying individual: Carson Salyers, CEO
**GETAAFORM**
SDI AG
Arcaenian Military Factbook
Task Force Atlas
International Freedom Coalition

OOC: Call me Techno for Short
IC: The Kingdom of Arcaenia

Emericia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Emericia » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:36 pm

I would like for Kirov State Armaments to be accretided by the GE&T Accreditation Agency, and as such am submitting an application.
Nation Name: Emericia
Storefront Name: Kirov State Armaments
Link to Storefront Thread: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=6&t=398182&p=30680390#p30680390
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Absolutely.
Special Requests or Comments: Our storefront is already Dark Theme compliant.
Name and position of applying individual: Director of Industry for Kirov State Armaments Kachusova Mira Igorievna.
**GETAAFORM**

Burjka
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Burjka » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:54 pm

4 Al Aamahaad Road , Dubia, Burjka
E-mail : flyburjka@burjmail.com
Phone : 0012 462 0900

Dear GE&T Accreditation Agency

Allow me to introduce myself; I am Mr. Abrahim Majuud, CEO of Burjka Airlines. At Burjka Airlines, we strive for success and we are always seeking improvements. Therefore, I am interested in seeing what you have to say about my company and if there are any improvements that need to be urgently modified on the official website linked in the application below:
Nation Name: Burjka
Storefront Name: Burjka Airlines
Link to Storefront Thread: www.flyburjka.com/us
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront?
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Luxury Airline
Special Requests or comments: Currently the storefront is 90% complete, I am in the process of creating headers and I still have to update the entertainment section slightly.
Name and position of applying individual: Abrahim Majuud (CEO and Chairman of Burjka Airlines)
**GETAAFORM**

Sincerely,
Mr. Abrahim Majuud , CEO
Last edited by Burjka on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:53 pm

Air South Pacific

142 Rue de la Republique,
Noumea, New Caledonia,
The Pacifican Islands
TO: GE&T Accreditation

Hello,

We are wish to receive a accreditation for our airline, Air South Pacific. We are always striving for success and would like some feedback. Thank you so very much for reviewing this letter.

Regards
Roch Vannier
www.southpacific-air.com

Storefront Name: Air South Pacific
Link to Storefront Thread:www.southpacific-air.com
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront Yes
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.) Airline
Special Requests: OOC: I know you are probably sick of me after Pacifican Airways, but I hope you can give me some suggestions.
Name and position of applying individual: CEO Roch Vannier
**GETAAFORM**
Last edited by The Pacifican Islands on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torontonian Canada
Attaché

Founded: Jan 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

NationStates Central Bank

Postby Torontonian Canada » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Nation Name: Torontonian Canada
Storefront Name: NationStates Central Bank
Link to Storefront Thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=399948
Would you like recommendations on improving your storefront? Yes Please, as much as possible
What type of storefront is this (i.e. Military, Automotive, etc.)? Banking/Currency Tracking
Name and position of applying individual: Torontonian Canada, Founder of NationStates Central Bank
**GETAAFORM**
Proud Founder and Chair of The NationStates Central Bank

Join us on discord at https://discord.gg/mhCGmMJ

Join us on our website at: https://sites.google.com/view/nscentralb/home

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:31 am

The Technocratic Syndicalists wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Salyers! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of four stars for your storefront, Syndicate Defense Industries! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.

This new iteration of your storefront is absolutely better than the previous one. You have very comprehensive descriptions for your products, which have obviously received their fair share of thought and work. Nevertheless, I do have a couple of recommendations that should hopefully assist you in continuing to improve your storefront and get it tom a five-star level.

Firstly, your OP isn't terribly attention-grabbing, primarily due to the lack of graphics, but also because of the text block that makes up the majority of its content. I might suggest adding a short(ish) section just briefly describing your company, history in arms design and manufacturing, and your vision for the future. Make your corporation relatable for potential customers. Another thing that could help your OP is adding some pretty graphics, anything from pictures of your assembly or design facilities to graphic headers for sections within your OP or the divisions of your company.

Secondly, just continue to work on the product write-ups, particularly for the larger and more expensive products, such as the naval vessels. As I'm sure you are aware, the general length and level of detail that is required for a write-up generally increases along with the size and price, so just take this into account as you continue to work on your write-ups.

Other than that, SDI is looking really nice. I look forwards to seeing it improve even further! I will remove the former listing under the same name and replace it with this one, as requested in your application.

Good luck!

NOTICE TO GE&TAA CUSTOMERS

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the long response time over the past two months. As a result of the backlog of requests that have built up, we ask that customers refrain from submitting applications until this backlog is cleared, hopefully within the next several of days.

Thank you for your patience,

The GE&TAA Accreditation Team

The Nation of Ceneria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Nation of Ceneria » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Emericia wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Director Igorievna! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of two stars for your storefront, Kirov State Armaments! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.

While you definitely have some unique designs, such as your powersuits and airship, I think there are a couple of places where your storefront could use some work to make it better.

Firstly, I'd like to direct you to my quasi-FAQ section, and what I wrote about write-ups there.

While you definitely have the bare bones structure for your products, I would highly recommend fleshing those out with information presented in this format as well. Just take a look at other storefronts with high ratings, such as Wolf Armaments, to see what this should look like. As a general rule, writeup length should be directly proportional to the size and expense of your product, to make sure to take this into account. With some of your products, like the airship, it would probably be highly beneficial to have this extra information as well, as it will help give your potential customers an idea as to what they are purchasing, and the innovation that went into designing and producing it.

Secondly, I'd recommend centering your logo in the storefront OP. You do this in your replies, but not in the actual OP. Oops!

Thirdly, I would highly recommend adding more information about your company's history: How it came to be a major supplier of Revolutionary states around the world, who leads it, product quality, etc. Just give your readers something that will help them get to know your company better.

That's all I have for now. Keep plugging away, and feel free to reapply here once you have acted on these suggestions. Nice job so far, and good luck!

Burjka wrote:[Accreditation Form]

Thank you for applying for accreditation, Mr. Majuud! We are happy to inform you that you have been awarded a rating of five stars for your storefront, Burjka Airlines! Below you will find a banner displaying your rating, which we invite you to place in your storefront.

Nice formatting: [✓]
Sick logo: [✓]
Content: [✓✓]
Assorted fanciness: [✓✓✓]

Well I'll be darned! Very nice job! There's honestly not very much I can suggest off the top of my head (other than the fact that it's 'sixties', not 'sixtys'), so just keep on working! I really look forwards to seeing Burjka continue to grow!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade