NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 29 - Vodiznad, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

World Hit Festival 29 - Vodiznad, Izmedu | IC Thread

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:41 pm

Radio-televizija Izmedu presents...

OOC Thread - Draft Thread

20:00 IZMEDUAN TIME

The atmosphere both inside and outside the Dragulj Arena was abuzz with such an excitement that couldn't be contained. The excited shouts, mutters, and conversations being held as the Dragulj was being filled to capacity signaled one thing, it was the beginning of the 29th World Hit Festival. Last minute afternoon sound checks were performed as delegations began to approach the arena and fill in the seats. Whatever the acts were bound to do from here on out were all set in stone, but the passion from the WHF fans was always the one variable you couldn't project. That passion, as the clock struck 20:00, reached a fever pitch as Dragulj Arena darkened instantly. It was time for the show to begin...

THE THEME
Arijana Kovac – Liberation

The RTI and WHF callsigns were respectively broadcasted before fading into a CGI rendering of Vodiznad at night. The camera was positioned in the sea side facing the recognizable veranda of the Velikstav Walkway, with people simply milling about with recognizable green headphones on their heads. As the camera moved to further survey the scene, we see a magical Vodiznad being dominated by music that couldn't seem to be heard. We had people walking by bouncing to music, to choreographed dances as the camera moved to the nightclubs. Vibrations could be heard, but the common motif was there... The green headphones, standing in one lonely corner. From here, this is where the theme song to WHF29 would begin.

0:00-0:44
Vines began to grow from those headphones that snaked their way out of the nightclub, and in some hyperspace speed, quickly guided us to the outskirts of Vodiznad. The outskirts consisted of small but comparatively imposing mountains that surrounded and protected the small seaside city, and at one of the mountain summits directly overlooking an aerial view of Vodiznad stood one of the people that brought the World Hit Festival. An outline of Arijana Kovac stood on that summit, the violin bow on hand as the music began to build up to her entrance, with soft piano notes coinciding with the vines slowing down.

One drum beat later, and the CGI rendering of Arijana could be seen 'playing' the first verse of the song. The vines began to react visibly, them swelling and changing color to Arijana's playing of the violin as she began to twirl around the summit she stood at. The vines began to crawl slowly towards Arijana's bow. Each line of violin crafted an atmosphere of mystery as one could see the Dragulj Arena in the distance in one shot, shining like a jewel in the night.

0:44-1:28
Arijana, now floating off the mountain with the vines acting as a sort of path to the arena, began to play the iconic violin lines that would be played as WHF29's thematic callsign and motif, a soft but contemplative line that served as the hook to the chorus. As the song ramped up to its chorus, the CGI rendering of Vodiznad could be seen being wrapped up in vines as energy began to resonate from each building. Once the chorus hit, Arijana could be seen playing and jumping towards the arena from her carpet of vines in a leap of faith, a slow-mo effect applied as she somehow masterfully played the violin regardless. As Arijana landed to the ground, the camera, with a special 'green' dissolving effect, now carried a view of Dragulj Arena's interior, flashing in variations of green and white colors.

1:28-2:38
The music suddenly transitioned from a stereo to a more 'live' sound as the Arijana stepped out of backstage to perform the rest of the song, playing a rather intricate verse with a specially designed silver violin for WHF29 with the bow having an ornate vine designed wrapped around. Each moment she made was graceful as she carried herself to the mid-level platform with ease without missing one single note. As she stepped on each division of the stage floor, the image of multiple participating nations were projected onto the floor screens.

At the hook, the CGI rendering of Vodiznad re-appeared on the screen as Arijana made kneeling movements downwards as she played each note. One more dramatic execution of the chorus caused the crowd to roar as the lights flashed various shades of green and white as Arijana moved to the energy of the crowd.

2:38-3:47
With the bridge at hand, Arijana moved closer to the screens as the camera maintained wider shots, showing the CGI Vodiznad dissolving into an intricate and abstract pattern that resembled the green vines that were so ever-present in the logo. The vines appeared first as a singularity that concentrated on Arijana, before expanding out to the rest of the stage as the bridge progressed. As the vines reached maximum capacity, the vines began to recede and re-concentrate into the logo at the moment Arijana played the chorus. At the final note of the song, Arijana released her bow and looked towards the audience, the final soft piano notes heralding the fading of all the lights on the stage except on Arijana...

The crowd cheered immensely for one half of the World Hit Festival runners-up, with Arijana taking a brief bow as she began to walk towards the audience, blowing one kiss as the light configuration began to change to a mixture of a warm orange and green, heralding a subtle transition to the opening act...

OPENING ACT
Arijana Kovac & Luka Dosen – Coming Home

Arijana, with the camera following her as she began to walk down to the lower platform level, began to play a line of violin that heralded a sense of nostalgia, the lines moving in a softer fashion... Luka Dosen, the singer of the song, entered the stage from the center, descending to the mid-level platform as Arijana introduced the song. There was a fade to a close up of Luka as he began to sing the first verse of the song...

Sometimes I feel lost
Like I don't know where
I truly belong
Tried to fit in and searched for who I was
But I never found myself

Each step that Luka took as he approached the audience left a trail of vines similar to the logo, with the camera catching these in a bird's eye view. The light configuration was only dark, a golden spotlight on him as his expression matched the sad nature of the song. On the screens appeared translations of the lyrics into the national languages of participating nations, interspersed with pictures of people holding signs up of the lyrics as part of a social media contest that RTI held in advance of contest.

This fear within me
The world on my shoulders
Causing me to run
Away from who I am
Afraid to face
The real sadness of being astray

Arijana provided soft instrumental backing as she was placed at the left circular platform that protruded from the stage's lowest level, looking at Luka as if she was watching from a far-off point. Luka, at this pre-chorus, walked to the steps that led the lower level, and began to sit down on the left steps, remaining equidistant from Arijana as the light configuration began to dim.

Have to remind myself
It's all for a reason

The camera focused on a close up on Luka as he sang these two lines with the lights in total darkness, looking at the camera with a silent determination and a smile...

I found my place in my own rhythmic heart
Dancing to my own melody
Coming home to accept who I was, was
What I was searching for was within me
An answer that couldn't be found

Luka immediately stood up from his spot as he returned back to the mid-stage level platform, the Dragulj Arena erupting in a sea of golden and green lights. Arijana gracefully made her way to the mid-level platform as well, passionately dancing and playing the violin backing as Luka sang the chorus. At the chorus' start, flagbearers came running to the stage, first coming out in two lines of 7 and 8 (representing all 15 nations that have signed up for the contest) arranged from their first letter, with Anollasia and Britonisea being the first nations to be seen by the camera.

At the end of the chorus, Luka and Arijana both respectively sang and played an melodic line that would see both get closer with each other, surrounded by the small sea of flags that dominated the lowest level of the stage. These flags danced to that melody, creating an image of harmony that befit the song's atmosphere. Once the melodic line ended, the camera focused on a close shot of Arijana and Luka with the lights in the Dragulj Arena softening to a white interspersed with a darker blue atmosphere.

Every place I found
I thought was my last opportunity
To feel embraced and whole
But I simply don't
Maybe I'll never belong somewhere
Maybe I am too lost...

Luka was again the camera's focus as images of a rolling pastoral field appeared on the LED screens and only on the mid-level stage, clouding the flagbearers in darkness as the camera maintained a view of the stage that was far enough to show only the center, before moving around in revolutions that emulated a scene of Luka walking around in a lonely field. In certain lines, Luka looked behind to the screen, an expression that belied the fear of being lost in his eyes and somewhat bittersweet vocals. Arijana acted almost like a ghost at this part, locating herself down to the hidden flagbearers as she played her parts.

Have to remind myself
It's all for a reason

The screen effects Luka kneeled down, with Arijana approaching him as if beginning to comfort him, the song entering a micro-second silence with the only lights being the spotlights on Arijana and Luka...

Dancing to my own melody

The lights lit up in the same configuration of green and gold once again, with the background screens showing an image a multitude of the logo's vines being expressed in every participating's national colors, approximate to the positions of where the flagbearers were on the stage as they began to go on a circular formation. Arijana and Luka remained on the mid-level platform, with Luka passionately singing the chorus as he seemed to be visibly basking in the sight of all the different flags coming together. After the brief instrumental and vocal interlude, the camera dynamically switched to a closer view of Arijana as she began to play an intricate solo line, showing off some impressively choreographed moves as she went to the left side of the stage, weaving in and out of the flagbearers as they danced around.

Coming home
Coming home
Coming home
Coming home

As Arijana played her intricate rotine, Luka sang these individual lines at strategic times. He began to go after Arijana, but decided to maintain on the stage and kneeled down again as the lights went dark after the fourth refrain of 'coming home.'

Dancing to my own melody

As he sang these lines with a contemplative tone, a soft guitar instrumental marking the now intimate nature of each camera view and the Dragulj Arena's darkness. Arijana walked closer to Luka, and began to sit down with him briefly before the arena quickly lit up in anticipation for the final reprise.

Dancing to my own melody

For the triumphant final reprise, a curtain of sparks were released from the conduits near the back of the stage as they provided additional light, with the flagbearers making a much more intricate dance as Luka and Arijana played the chorus together with a much more visible harmony than the previous two refrains, with them almost moving in sync and complementing each other. Then, the final section of the song hit, which Arijana would close out with a violin line that Luka would vocalize alongside her. The camera made one revolution around the duo as they played together, as they each respectively went closer to the audience at certain points before reuniting at Arijana's last note.

That may have been the end of the opening act, but it was merely the beginning of the show. As Arijana, Luka, and the flagbearers left the stage as the lights began to pulse in wildly different directions. Spotlights began to train down to the center of the stage as a variation of the theme song, Liberation, played before transforming into a triumphant electronic track. The spotlights revealed the hostess of the World Hit Festival, Apolonija Dukic, wearing this dress as she walked forward with a confident gait.

Apolonija: Welcome to the 29th World Hit Festival!!!

The crowd cheered as the music entered a crescendo, with sparks flying over the arena to celebrate the occasion. The music would cease as the crowd cheered, first a roar, quieted down to a somewhat leveled volume.

Apolonija: Let's give a round of applause to the very reason why we're here. What you just saw was Arijana Kovac & Luka Dosen performing a song they wrote especially for the contest. Give them a round of applause!

The camera switched to a wide view of the audience screaming for the WHF runner-up and the new singer with her. Despite the near-overload of the violinist, there was no denying that had Arijana not come runner-up last edition and with the effect of Arioslavia declining the hosting rights, this show would not be happening. Apolonija reached the edge of the stage, and that was where she would remain stationary for the rest of the pre-entry sequence.

Apolonija: Alright, now that we have the introductions over with, let's begin the show! The World Hit Festival is a celebration of music that we hold dear to our hearts. Tonight, 10 nations and 10 songs are vying for their chance to win your vote in hopes of becoming the winner of the World Hit Festival, and consequently, bring that extra sheen of fame to their nation and of course, host the contest! However, winning certainly isn't everything, just ask the country you're in.

For those in the know of Izmedu's results as a three-time runner-up, Apolonija's joke caused some to go in stitches including Apolonija herself, nearly causing some in the arena to erupt in laughter.

Apolonija: I kid! I kid! Back to the show, what we want here first and foremost is to keep this a celebration of what the world has to offer. Every song, no matter where they place tonight, should be proud of what they represent and that they have made it here. Alright, without further ado, let's welcome our first nation! West Phoenicia! It's your time on the stage.

The camera panned to the audience before fading into the picture of the logo in the West Phoenician colors...
Last edited by Izmedu on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 pm

THE ENTRIES

01. WEST PHOENICIA
Entry | Voting (Phase 1/Phase 2)

02. ANOLLASIA

03. MERCEDINI

04. ESTOGIUM

05. COSNEOLTA

06. IZMEDU

07. KALOSIA

08. NORMANDY AND PICARDY

09. POLKOPIA

10. BRITONISEA

Compendium of other links

The Official Playlist for World Hit Festival 29

Interval Act // Phase 1 (Half-time) Result // Phase 2 Result // Winner Reveal and Final Results // Winner's Reprise

Commentaries
Britonisea - BVC
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:55 pm

The Musical group Bubblegum formed when four college friends from The University of Nova Texas in West Phoenicia won a local Glee competition. A scout was in the audience and he signed them up to Lunar Music Label.

The World Hit Festival in Vodiznad, Izmedu will be their first major performance.

The group consists of Molly Deywood ( Lead Vocals) Meghan Duncan ( Supporting Vocals) and sisters Tia and LaTeesha Montgomery ( Supporting Vocals)

Molly Deywood stands at the front of the stage, her three supporting vocalists form a diamond shape behind her.
Molly is attired in rainbow coloured hot pants and tie dyed crop top.

The three supporting vocalists are dressed in dove white hot pants, and scarlet coloured flowing tops.

Bubble-gum kisses are the sweetest
I lay awake on a surrealistic pillow
I fly naked through a majestic magical willow
I am the multi-coloured raven who sings to you
I believe in you
I dream of you
I kiss you

I saw you swinging on your fancy love seat
Flowers singing happily beneath your feet
Back and forwards we go-go
All I think about is your love, psychedelic yo-yo
The flowers kiss your feet
I lay awake in a dream

Can you believe us?
We are a bubble of love that will never pop
Grow and grow, never stop
Smoke crumbles to dust

Living in the age of Aquarius
The yellow brick road is hard and long
In your arms I belong
My eternal love song
You will never be alone

Can you believe us?

The coyotes will groan and grumble
When our bones melt and crumble
Our spirits will become one with the void
We will be born again in words
We will be back again one day on your porch
On that fancy love seat where we belong

Can you believe us?

Can you believe us?
Never stop, grow, grow, grow

Tip-toe back to my surreal pillow

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:58 pm

To the tune of: Regina Spektor - How

Audrey Leblanc (born April 11, 1988) is an Anollasian singer. She was born in Bridgeley, a suburb of Jefferton right across the Prosperity River. She was born into an upper middle class family and had 1 sister and 1 brother. Audrey took piano lessons from the age of 5 until 10 and then continued to play on her own, took singing lessons from age 6 to 13, took violin lessons at the age of 8 and took acoustic guitar lessons from age 13 to 15. She went into a health sciences program at the University of Jefferton, however dropped out after 1 year and decided to pursue her passion for music. She released 5 albums, Audrey the White (2006), Right Across the River (2009), Untold Stories (2011), Gelgides (2013), and Here I Am (2015). She usually plays indie pop or ballads, such as this one.

Audrey Leblanc never expected to represent a whole country of 77 million in an international song contest. She never even thought she would be able to release an album in the first place. Her love and passion for music and her ability to spill her emotions into notes is what got her this far. She was trembling and honestly, she was afraid. She always had a certain degree of stage fright while performing live onstage, but this was a whole new level. People all over the world would be watching her, at the venue, on television sets, on desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones...Whenever Audrey gets stage fright, she just tells herself that she is performing for herself and that nobody is really watching her. Even if this may not be true, it comforts her and makes her get through performances without any big mess-ups. Looking on the bright side though, she's only performing 2nd, so she has nobody to compare herself to (except West Phoenicia's entry) and lose her self-confidence in the process. A girl who is part of the backstage crew tells her she has only 1 minute left before her performance.

"Let's do this." she says.

The stage is dark, with no single source of light until a spotlight shines on the orchestra, consisting of only string instruments, near the back of the stage as they play a soft, gentle intro. The spotlight fades out and seconds later, it appears at the front of the stage, where Audrey is playing a white grand piano gently and is singing. She has her hair tied up as a ponytail and she is wearing a black sweater (like the one in her picture in About, but black), matched with black pants, black flats, and black earrings.

How can I forget to love?
How can I never feel again?
Is it so commonplace
To lose the sweetest taste
Of the time, ooh
When you called me
Your love

Why yes, I know by now
But I can't feel again somehow

She avoids looking directly into the camera, in order to calm her nerves, and instead focuses on her playing or closes her eyes when she's looking up (which she does during the "how oh oh oh baby" next). Another spotlight shines on a blond man with short hair playing the drums lightly in the right-centre of the stage.

How
Oh oh oh baby
How can I begin again?
How can I cry over this news?
When it's not even new
How can I even do?
When I'm not ooh
When I'm not oh
Renewed

Why yes, I know by now
But I can't even feel again somehow

Audrey stops and plays choppy ascending notes, before singing loudly and passionately. A spotlight shines once again on the orchestra, as they come in again.

Time for rain to wash away the paint

She plays more ascending notes, accompanied by the a few violins in the orchestra doing the same and then all of them playing gently as she sings.

The one that concealed my face

All of the spotlights except for Audrey's spotlight go out, since they go quiet as Audrey plays on her own for the next stanza. She looks up as if someone is calling but then looks back down. The spotlight is also projecting the word ''feel'' written in cursive all over the white piano.

I hear your voice
But then it fades
Nothing more rewarding
In this case
Soon I return to myself

The stage goes nearly quiet as Audrey plays two gentle low notes and the word ''feel'' disappears as she starts singing passionately and playing the piano. The spotlight on the drums are back again, but the orchestra is still silent.

So baby how can I forget to love?
How can I never feel once again?
How come I have a nose
That can't even smell the rose
That you ooh
Picked for me ooh
Years ago

I'll address the question now
When will I feel again somehow?

She sings the "somehow" this time very passionately, as if something inside her is tearing her apart and provides a transition to the next verses. She presses the piano keys harder. The orchestra is revealed once again, as they gently play in the background.

Time for rain to wash away the paint

Audrey plays the ascending notes again as the violins sneakily join in as well.

The one that drove me nearly insane

Once again, only Audrey's spotlight is left as ''feel'' in cursive is projected all over the white piano. Once again, she looks up to find the voice calling her and then looks back down.

I hear your voice
But then it fades
Nothing more rewarding
In this case
Soon I return to myself

The song dims down with the two low notes, followed by a return to gentle piano playing and gentle, melancholic singing. There is no more ''feel'' on the piano. At this point, Audrey looks into the camera at the last verse, knowing that the performance is over so she doesn't have to worry anymore.

So baby how can I forget to love?
How can I be the same again?

The audience applauds as Audrey gets off her stool, bows, and says "Thank you!" before leaving the stage. Now that the performance is over, she sighs a sigh of relief and has a bright smile on her face.
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:09 pm

To the tune of: Sabina Ddumba - Time

The song starts with Imarla kneeling down at the back of the stage wearing a golden dress and black flat shoes. The stage is dark with an LED projection of a chandelier on the black screen. There is a faint orange hue around the stage as Imarla picks her head up for the first verse.

When the second pert of the verse comes in, white lights around the stage flash in time with the music. Imarla gets up off her feet and stands and begins to walk to the front of the stage, taking a step to the rhythm of the song. At the end of the first verse, two muscular dancers walk towards her, she pushes them to one side to start her dance for the chorus.

I'm about to go out
I'm about to go out
I'm about to go out
Tonight, I'm gonna take my place here
You can't stop me walking, keep talking now
You won't let me down. If so, I know who I am blaming

Out with the girls, with my new curls
I'm wearing my pearls. Tomorrow will be a brand new day.
Boy, you can try to resist. You're lost in the mist
surrounded by my endless enchantment, endless enchantment

When the chorus comes around, the chandelier on the LED screen lights up to reveal a golden ballroom in the background. Imarla starts to perform an intense dance routine with the two dancers on stage, they incorporate the entirety on the stage as they the two dancers lift her up, they put her down and she briskly walks back to the centre of the stage for the beginning of the second verse.

Come on over, over
Hey boy, I've tried to make it show
I've worked so hard, you can't say no.
So come on over, over
You'll be mine tonight
You'll be mine tonight
Come on over, over
It's time to make your final vow
Our love's too damn big to falter now
So come on over, over
You'll be mine tonight
You'll be mine tonight

A single spotlight is placed upon Imarla's head as two more guys join on the stage, the four dancers align themselves, face Imarla and strike a pose and hold it for the duration of the first two lines of the verse. The lights are then returns back to normal and the song continues. Imarla then looks into the camera to sing at the people at home before giving and smile and a small wink to the camera.

Boy, when I'm looking so hot
I know you can't stop, just stop resisting
And maybe, I'll cut you some slack
I know you've been staring so long
It sounds kinda wrong, pick up the phone
Or else I'm gonna throw you're shit out

Each dancer takes it in turn to grasp and seduce Imarla but she shakes them off one by one before they all combine and perform a small dance before Imarla hits the ground and the dancers are thrown back. Imarla then kneels to the ground once again as the music slows down. She looks up to the sky to sing the final two lines before the second chorus kicks in.

I know my outfits so chic, eyebrows on fleek
If I'm what you seek, it ain't gonna make any cha-a-ange
I know I drive you insane, what you've got to gain.
If I can't change that we're will never leave here, will never leave here (no)

We all know that the times are changing
So, baby we will never leave here

The orange glow from the stage returns with the flickering white lights to signal the chorus of the song. Imarla stands in the centre of stage while her dancers do all of the work behind her and to the side of her. The camera around the back of the arena sweeps around to encompass the stage in the background as heads and waving flags zip past in the foreground. Light beams from the stage moves around the stadium and reflect off the faces of the crowd. In the last couple of lives of the chorus, the dancers remove themselves from the stage for the bridge of the song.

Come on over, over
I've worked so hard, you can't say no.
So come on over, over
You'll be mine tonight (tonight)
You'll be mine tonight
Come on over, over
Our love's too damn big to falter now
So come on over, over
You'll be mine tonight
You'll be mine tonight

The camera moves back onto the stage as Imarla kneels back down onto the stage, the camera circles her showing the audience as well as the back and sides of the audience. She looks into the camera and offers her hand before rising to her feet while the dancers re-enter the stage.

Tonight, I'm gonna party with someone new
Tonight, I'm gonna drink tons of Malibu
Tonight, I will dine on some egg fried rice
Then I'm gonna cry, 'cause you're not mine

Fireworks fly from the stage and the strobing lights intensify for the final chorus. A wind machine is turned on and blows the clothes and hair of Imarla and her dancers. They perform one more dance routine before the colour and the light subsides. The dancers fall to the floor so only Imarla is left standing. She sings the final line of the song before the stage fades to black and Imarla fades out of view.

Come on over, over
I've worked so hard, you cant say no (hey boy, you can't say no)
So come on over, over
You'll be mine tonight (tonight)
You'll be mine tonight
Baby come on over (over)
Our love's too damn big to falter no-o-o-ow
So come on over, over
You'll be mine tonight
You'll be mine tonight

Oh boy, Oh boy. You'll be mine tonight, you'll be mine tonight.

Imarla lifts her hand up and thanks the crowd 'May peace be with you all. Thank You all so much!'. She struts off stage while blowing kisses at the crowd to make way for the next act. The camera shows a group of Mercedinians waving their flags and smiling at the camera.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:17 pm

To the tune of: Shawn Mendez - "Mercy (LIVE)" (Alternative Link)

Liam (Full name Liam Sebastien Andréasson) is a 19 year old male who is from Loueske, which is one of the quiet, behind-the-scene cities in Britonisea, though despite it's quiet background, Loueske is one of the main tourist attractions for people looking to find a winter break from surrounding nations within the Ultimaverse, though Liam moved to Estogium's Estogium City - which is the most Southern Estogian City. Liam followed the education system, in Estogium, like any normal child would; he went to Loueske West Primary School, which is one of the few primary schools in the city, where we excelled at subjects such as Mathematics and English and so was put in the express class for both subjects. However, in primary school he found creative subjects more difficult, and this was down to - according to his parents - his strict view on himself, and what the world should be. He did not do well in drama, a subject which is hugely popular in Estogium, Music nor Art. He did not know where he placed in Estogium, which lead him to being an outcast going in to secondary school. In Secondary School, Liam faced being an outcast of his year group, as he had no main interests, being from Britonisea without having any interesting background and because he was quite abrupt. Going in to his eighth year, he had to decide his options for his KEWQAE examinations, and he had to pick one of the subjects mentioned above that he didn't do so well in. He decided to do music, and as he took the course, he started to realise that he was quite good at singing, and he quickly picked up how to play the guitar. Liam also was an avid dancer, and loved to express himself through dance. As he reached nearer to the E-Years (or examination years), he would perform at local gigs within Estogium, while also going to Kyvivre, the nearest Britonish city to Estogium City, to perform in a group, him and his friends made. After receiving 134/145 in his full KEWQAE (you can find his total result below) he received an A1 - highest A - , which was seen as a huge success for him, and was 17 marks passed the passing rate. After this, he decided to go to sixth form and later, he started receiving more gigs.

All KEWQAE results are made for public release on the website for every student over 30 years...
The amount of points you can receive is - 65 performing for a performance (35 - Ensemble, 30 - Solo), 40 points for Listening, 40 points for appraising (20 - composing, 20 - appraising)

Points needed to get grade - 145 total for Automatic B Grade A Level. 136 for A*, 125 for A, 113 for B, 98 for C, 86 for D, 74 for E and anything below is ungraded.

Liam Andreasson's results: 34 // 29 // 36 // 17 // 18 = 134 = A1

After passing his KEWQAE results with flying colours, the very young boy at the time wanted to perform more, and so he asked for help from his brother Markus - who is also performing tonight - who is a singer and guitarist, similar to Liam himself. The pair then went to countries around the region, focusing on nations such as Ekoz, Aurevbush and their homeland Estogium. They also appeared in Brityunik Mehlodhifehstivalhen, though they did not win and so left their birthplace, they tried to make it big in Estogium. Performing on shows, and having multiple interviews with hosts of chat shows worked in their favour, and when Liam had just turned 19, he was invited to perform at Estogium's Radio & Television awards in front of 16,000 people - not including the 8.5 million people watching on the television. Soon after, the boy received a tip from ESTOGIUM: THE BIG REVEAL who reveals the participant to the World Hit Festival and/or the WorldVision Song Contest. Liam quickly accepted without hesitation and stated that he was working on a song called "Jump The Gun" which was about to be finished after another day of work. However, Liam soon realised that he was not the only person who could be given the title of representative in the World Hit Festival 29, and that title could also be given to a few other Estogian artists, including Dotty Rag Girl and popular Aloquirbic group ZEKSO who placed 14th place in WorldVision 45. After a live sound check, he was picked among the rest, to be the representative at both the World Hit and WorldVision Song Contest.

A couple of days after being reveal the representative, he arrived in Vodiznad, Izmedu where he was amazed by the city's beauty and Mediterranean feel, there was nothing like that in Estogium. Similarly to what was done in the WorldVision Song Contest 52, Estogium booked a random hall in the city to practise what is going to happen on stage; before the real stage was built. Estogium was quite good at their stage presence, but their song was better and they wanted their staging to be just as good as their song. They decided to strip the staging down, and try not to use a lot of what the stage in Izmedu is offering, but to use a good handful to make the performance good. Estogium, returning after their best performance in Telgrad, Arioslavia - thanks to Palladium - wanted to win as they have never won an international song competition. They guessed that a few other countries would be fighting harder in the 29th World Hit Festival, and that just made Estogians want it more. Returning nations also tried to dampen the chances of Estogium doing well - but the crew remained optimistic, and optimistic they have remained.

The performance is expected to be a show stopper.

Performance Details

Main Singer: Liam Andréasson
Guitarist 1: Markus Andréasson (Also Tenor)
Guitarist 2: Quincey Buttons
Pianist 1: Dean Ashwood
Drummer 1: Vernon Brunswick
Backing Vocalists: Marc Summerhayes (Tenor), Xavier Finley (Bass), Xand Agogo (Tenor), Nila Sampson (Soprano), Mia Ora (Alto)
Lyrics & Music: Liam Andréasson, Markus Andréasson, Kieran Whithers

Liam Andréasson, an Estogian "nobody" who is now performing on one of the most prestigous stages in the music industry; the stage of the World Hit Festival, which is increasingly popular throughout the region of the Ultimaverse. Liam got ready to perform. As he walked out on to the stage, thousands of people look at him - well, that is what it seemed was happening, but most of them were looking behind at the postcards. Izmedu had constructed this ginormous stage, which, in Liam's opinion, went against their simplicity they wanted to achieve. Nevertheless, he loved the stage and he loves Izmedu. The Estogian postcard had just about finished, and the first lights from the stage lit up and the "ESTOGIUM" sign had been seen throughout the arena. Liam got in to performance mode by breathing out and looking down at his shows, of which was neatly tied and slowly followed his way up his own body, looking at his dark jeans and his turquoise top and his leather jacket which looked great on him.

After the audience started to calm down from applauding loudly, the first sign of life on the stage was visible as one dim blue light shone right above Liam, who stood in the middle of the stage with a guitar in his hand. His guitar looked a bit worn and torn, but I have you know, this was the guitar that he has had for years - and the guitar which he used when he teaching himself to play the guitar. Nowadays, he gets professional help that he needs to make sure that he is playing to the fullest of his potential. As soon as the song started, so did him singing. He placed his mouth gently open the microphone, and his right hand over the microphone which had a pick for the guitar in it - the same colour of his shirt. The song began, and the journey the audience will be taken on has commenced;

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm
Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm
Your words, enrapture me.
They’re so strong, they hold me down.
To me, you’re all I got,
Don't forget the things I've once said.

He had removed his hand from over the microphone, and he positioned his the pick of the guitar as he was about to play. The lights of did develop throughout the verse, but it was still kept minimalist: another light, which matched Liam's, had shone on 4 other people on the stage - every 4-5 seconds and showed other instrumentalists (guitarists, pianist, drummer) and at which, the camera - for the audience at home - had quickly flickered to them. As the camera would flicker on them, it would return back to Liam, who was the main person, and who stood in front of the whole of them. The audience kept on waving their Estogian flags, hoping for another major improvement on the song - and the Estoge had hoped not to fail.

I'm shy, quite weak,
But I don't enjoy mixed messages.
Tell me, tell me straight.
What you think of me-

This song does mean something to Liam, it is quite a personal song. So, as he began to play his guitar in the previous verse, he smiled (only a bit) at himself when he described himself as "shy" and "weak" and this showed on him when he failed to look at the camera. Looking at the camera, or direct eye contact with the camera, shows how strong you are on stage - Liam did not do this. The broadcaster wanted to show that he will develop his maturity in this song. As he finished singing this verse, the song quickly took a turn, and the blue lights swirled around from the stage and on to the audience. The stage then lit up in quite murky colours, such as bayou green, swamp brown and deep sea blue. And though the colours were a damper, the way that they were shining in accordance to each other made it look quite appeasing onstage.

As I believe you want me,
But baby, I won't jump the gun.
Are you gonna’ embarrass me?
Are you gonna’ make the people shun?
And you know say,
Slow Down, Slow Down - The time ain’t now.
And even though I say,
Okay - that's not what I want.

In this perfromance, the Estoge were going for a polished performance, something that built up. Throughout the previous chorus, the murky colours kept on flashing on the stage, with the blue on the audience. The camera would twitch between the instrumentalists on the stage, Liam and the backing singers- who wore suits and dresses comparable to the murky colours which filled the arena. During the chorus, though, the backing singers' (the male singers only) microphones were turned up, so you could hear them with their harmonies more, which blended very well with Liam's voice. The single blue lights traveled their way from around the arena back to the stage, the middle part of the stage, where Liam began singing the next part of the song.

Driving, late at night
Glare of the lamps blind me.
My mind’s numb, fingers too.
And I can’t survive much longer.

On the screens behind Liam, who was playing the guitar and the camera facing him, glares of white lights were coming closing and faded away, as if you were looking through the back window of a car, on the motorway, at night. When he started singing about how his "mind's numb, fingers too" he let go off the guitar pick and put his hands up above his head and backed away from the microphone, which still picked up his voice quite well. The camera would flicker to a left camera shot of him before going to the front of him.

You circulate in my brain,
Your power has taken over.
I don't have commanding power,
Over I go,

On the screens behind him now, the white lights now went in to a circle motion to form one big white light. The audience swirled their heads - as if they were hypnotised by this performance which happens behind them. The white light kept on growing in size, and would soon reach all of the LED lights along the walls. The camera, for those at home and those who like to look at the mega screens, would slowly go over the performers - in an aerial view, with Dean Ashwood, the pianist, looking up at the camera and winking the camera. As Liam finished singing this part of the song, and went in to the second chorus of the song, the white light gained full cover over all the LED walls and "exploded" all over the arena, with the white lights over the arena flickering on and off, and it felt as if we were in the middle of a lightning storm.

As I believe you want me,
But baby, I won't jump the gun.
And without you, there is no need for me.
My friends and family? They're gone.
It's like a stab to the heart.
But this is what I had to live for.
No one, but I defied the odds.
Now where is my other half?

The colours which appeared on the stage were blue, and a more happier tone of green which looked better on the camera than the colours before. During the chorus, the female singers also joined in with the males, creating a larger range of voices within the song creating a hair-raising sound to those engrossed in the song. Lights above the arena flashed white light on and off white the camera swirled around Liam who had stopped playing his guitar and was singing in to the microphone which was on the stand.

Even Though you say,
"Slow Down, Slow Down - Please, not now"
And even though I say,
Okay - that's not what I want.

With the drum roll entering this part in, the camera came from behind the drummer, forward, behind the guitarist, and past Liam towards the audience, who had switched on their phones torches and waving it high in the air along with the root beat of the song. The camera then focused on a girl and a boy, who looked around 15 years on, who (if you put their faces together) they had the Estogian flag painted on it, and they had tears running down from their face. They thought that this song is unlike any other song that Estogium previously sent to the World Hit Festival, and they were proud of it. The next part was about to start, and according to Amedeo Arjan, who represented Britonisea in WV48, it is the most emotional part of the song and it showed his emotional side. In preparation to this part, the camera zoomed in from the further part of the arena in to Liam's face, with his eyes glaring at the camera.

Burning starting within my throat.
Bleeding out, I cannot stop.
Anger, range, it's filling in - and I can't take anymore.
Look at me, look what you have done.
Messed me up, more than I could've thought.
Christ, I rise my hands, I'm pleading -
Can you tell me where I've gone wrong?

As he started to sing, you could see that he was going red, you could see that his eyes were watering as he grabbed the mic away from the stand... The blue lights, had quickly changed in to red symbolising the hate and the blood which helped inspire this song. The camera slowly zoomed out as the red became deeper and deeper. His brother, Markus, had rested his back along his younger brother's and began playing the guitar that you could hear in the song. The mobile camera took over and went around the pair. As the bridge would advance in to the final chorus, the camera would go faster and faster around the duo. When he began to sing, "Look at me, look what you have done" the backing singers entered singing "Ahhh" along with the chords played by the pianist. When he sang the word "wrong," everything stopped. Everything was at a stand-still. No lights were on - but the one spotlight on him. He then sang a Capella, before the instrumentals came in for the last time.

Oh, I believe there's a you and me.
But darling, I won't jump the gun.
Are you gonna’ stand up to me?
Or are you gonna’ hide within the dark?
And I'm done with waiting…
You're holding me by the neck.
And I'm gonna’ break free, yeah.
You're no longer having hold upon me.

The colours of the arena were somewhat happy, and the camera angles and shot were less jerky. The audience started to sing along with Liam and started to clap their hands along with the song which had meet it's peak. He walked to the edge of the stage, and for the first time he smiled (fully) for the first time. He decided to not sing that part of the song, and rather, he would direct what would say to the audience.

"Come on, Izmedu! What do they say??"
Slow Down, Slow Down (Ain't Jumping, Ain't Jumping that gun -no) - The time ain’t now.
Okay, Okay? Ain't jumping that gun -no….

He then began to hum the final part to the song here;

Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm
Mmmm, Mmmm, Mmmm

"Thank-you, Izmedu!" the boy shouted as all the instrumentalists stood up, they all bowed at the same time, and then he once again said "Thankyou" before running off the stage ready for the next act to go on stage...
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:27 pm

To the tune of: Liam Kyle Sullivan - Let Me Borrow That Top

Danny DingDong
Rick Leg

The song starts with Danny standing on his own in the centre of the stage wearing a pair of glittery red hot pants and a crop top. Truly disturbing indeed. The LED screens behind him show a geometric shape design which flashes between red and blue. The lights focus on Danny before he sings the opening lines to his song.

Lemme suck on that cock
Lemme suck on that cock
Lemme suck on that cock
I wanna suck on that cock

That's such a big cock
That's a big cock
I wanna suck on it
Lemme suck on the cock

The camera stays fixed on the same angle and Danny points into the camera while making a confused look and cocking his head with each line that he sings. For the second half of this part, he marches on the spot while punching his fist in the air before shocking everyone if he hasn't already done that.

Aren't you bent?
Aren't you bent?
So what's the problem?
Lemme suck on the cock

Lemme suck on that cock
Lemme suck on that cock
Lemme suck on that cock
Lemme suck on that fucking cock!

Out comes Rick Leg who receives a big cheer from the crowd. He comes on wearing a pair of blue pair of hot pants and a white t shirt. He walks to the side and points to parts of the audience while singing each line before looking into the camera to sing the final line.

Don't be a betch
Don't be a betch
Don't be a betch
Give me that cock!

Who are you saving it for?
You're ain't even getting any
So who's gonna get it
I wanna suck on it

Danny takes over and the camera gets super close-up to Danny who practically shouts into the camera. For the last line of his part, he pretends to slap the camera which goes spinning until it changes to the standard central shot of the stage.

I've already been to brothels
(Gonorrhoea)
And they SUCKED!**
**pun intended
(Gonnorhoea?, Gonorrhoea!)

Rick Leg does his bit and puts on an oriental style hat to sing his section. He then gets possessed by a Korean person, the music stops and delivers a phrase in perfect Korean, to the surprise of everyone in the stadium.

I've already been to Korea
After 5 minutes I was like 이거 야, 집에 가자.

(Le la le la le let's fuck him!)

Lots of people flood the stage in the background and start having an impromptu fight between everyone on stage with chairs and flags being thrown left right and centre. Danny and Rick continue to sing as if nothing was happening. Security enter the stage as the music, LED screens and light continue to flash as normal.

Gimme that fucking cock betch
Come on betch

Where are you going?
Where are you going?
Where are you going?

Gimme that cock

Danny and Rick stand fate-to-face as they pretend to smack each other in what could be the end of the worst performance in the history of the WHF, the security have cleared most of the people off stage but there is plenty of litter left on stage after everyone has been cleared off.

Fuck you!
Fuck you fat betch!
Oh yeah I said you're fat!
Yeah I said you're fat!

You're a fat fucking betch 'cause you won't lemme suck on that fucking cock!
Fuck you!
Fuck you!

Fuck you with something hard and vanilla wafery!

They both begin to march on the spot once again each taking it in turn to sing the lyrics. At the end of the song, they both strike a jesus pose. The crowd gives mute celebrations while the Cosneoltan and Missus Xian contingency go wild in their portions of the crowd.

Betch
Betch
Betch
You're not my friend!

"Thanks Izmedu! But my new album, and thanks to Rick Leg the feisty betch!" They both walk off stage to make way for the next act.
Last edited by Izmedu on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:34 pm

To the tune of: Yuridia - Cobarde

“You have to remind yourself that sometimes, we drive away the people we love the most by being wrapped in our own selves for so long... You need to tell the people you love that you love them. Otherwise, they won't receive the love you feel for them.” - Anamarija Lubina

Anamarija Lubina had the pre-Izmepisma markings of a favorite heading into the national final. She ticked the boxes that the inaugural winner, Ziva Lipovac, had. A completely fresh-faced artist into the Izmeduan music fold, the Izmepisma entry being her first official single into the major music charts, and most of all, the one receiving the intense amount of hype and excitement. Yet, like her WHF forebearers, Helena & Arijana before her, it was a photo finish that saw Anamarija just lose the ticket to WorldVision. Yet, a part of Anamarija thought it to be a hidden blessing in disguise, even moreso when the World Hit Festival 29 was to be held at home turf. Turns out, she didn't have to travel rather far from her hometown of Posony as RTI handed her the rights to represent Izmedu for the new World Hit Festival. She had the honor of representing the country on their own ground for the first time. As Anamarija surveyed the scene in the green room of the recently re-renovated Dragulj Arena, she couldn't help but pinch herself, awashed with overwhelming emotions.

Originally born around the area surrounding the Varaijc Alps (the Mountain surrounding Izmedu), Anamarija's family moved to the city of Posony once her Mom and Dad were cogent of their daughter's ability to sing, and sing rather well, at a young age. She was earmarked as a nigh-prodigial singer, capable of handling mature material and sounding convincing off the basis of a mature-sounding voice early on her in life. Attending a local arts school at the age of 11 years old, she attained a mostly arts and music-based education before Anamarija decided to audition for TV talent show Istraziti Zvizdu at the tender age of 15 going 16. Her first go at the show ended in a less than desirable outcome as she was unable to move forth to the televised celebrity judges auditions, instead rejected at the producers' table. This caused Anamarija's pop stardom dreams to crumble for a few years, but she successfully graduated from her secondary education as someone who was well-versed with the creative industries within Izmedu.

She refined her singing technique and re-auditioned for Istraziti Zvizdu again, this time at the age of 18 and about two to three years removed from her first attempt. It was around this time that Anamarija began to take more seriously what it means to be a pop star in Izmedu. She began to experiment with songwriting to limited success, but primarily did further research and study to determine what kind of music best fits her voice. Despite the reactions of awe it elicited, Anamarija knew that constantly belting out power would only take her so far during Istraziti Zvizdu, and her suspicions proved correct. Even though she was installed as an early favorite to go all the way to the final stages, Anamarija exited the show in a 5th place that proved to be controversial due to the unexpected nature of her exit.

The genesis of “Remedy” came out of that moment of elimination, as well as the blurs surrounding before and after. She was surrounded with the weight of expectation on her shoulders, being expected to win and dominate Istraziti Zvizdu and become one of its bonafide commercial successes, while trying to maintain favor with the Izmeduan voting public. Early attempts at songwriting after her elimination proved to be fruitless off the back of such charged emotions, but Anamarija devised the first few seconds of “Remedy” after a late night session in the piano. Inspired by instrumental piano music that was often invoked as a trope in Izmeduan drama TV, she began to think back to the childhood soap operas that she watched; her fascination and strong reactions to the moments of reunion between long-lost friends...

As soon as she was signed to a label not long after the winner of her series was revealed, Anamarija quickly got to work in building the instrumental and, with rather massive label help behind her, found a suitable songwriter for the song. It was songwriting-by-proxy, where she confessed her entire life story, feelings, and complicated emotions to the writer and saw the song's lyrics develop while in progress. The resulting product ended up being the entry she would submit to Izmepisma as Anamarija was encouraged to take charge of her career at an early stage. History transpired, and Anamarija stood as the entrant to World Hit Festival 29.

“Remedy” was one of those songs that continuously haunted RTI, and to have seen it lose by a slim margin was something that the channel couldn't quite let go. The invitation to the World Hit Festival, from Anamarija's perspective, was sudden and unprecedented much like Helena & Arijana's participation. Yet, if the channel wanted to take a chance on her...

It was time for her moment on the stage. With a quick look back at the Izmeduan delegation, Anamarija took a deep breath, each step towards the audience like a leap of faith...

The Dragulj Arena was overcome with the deafening roar of the Izmeduan crowd at the advent of the Izmeduan entry, almost causing the broadcast sound to feedback and cut slightly before stabilizing to a normal level in half a second. The interior lights flashed all three colors of the Izmeduan tricolore, a red, green, and blue before flashing into a bright white before fading slowly into total darkness. The crowd cheer was still rather loud going into the entry, but quieted down as a soft piano and beat began to flow through the arena...

The stage was lit up in a soft golden color to reveal a velvet curtain had been draped over the top level of the stage. At the first strains of the music, the curtain began to open and unfurl itself, revealing that a mock grand staircase on the top level had been installed with Anamarija, wearing this dress, walking down those stairs. The camera positioned itself in a slight dutch angle as it faded to a close view of Anamarija walking down the stairs, the light arrangement casting shadows under her eyes. Once Anamarija was at the mid-level runway like platform, a ballroom background began to appear on the back screens as Anamarija stood there (with this background remaining for the entirety of the entry), a quaint smile on her face as the camera faded to a mid-range view of her.

Each day I remind myself of the fortune I have
That you are in my life; you have changed me for the better
My life's undergone a moment of pure clarity
You helped me realize that there is a hope
Beyond the darkness I was trapped in

At the start of the vocals, Anamarija began to work forward, with the camera then locking in a closer view of her as it made a slow revolution around her during the first two lines, before freezing for the third... She held out a hand to the camera as she sang, almost spoke the lyrics, before turning away with a contemplative, but grateful look. At the end of first verse, she began to take a step towards the lowest level of the stage, taking a step down as the camera began to pan back, emphasizing the relatively large scale of the ballroom background on the stage...

There is so much left unsaid between us both
Messages of thanks left to hollow silence
Every hurt and pain I carry within me
When the time's right, I promise I'll tell you everything

At the pre-chorus, the floor screens began to project an image of a polished ballroom floor, completing the entire background. With astral projections of Anamarija dancing with an unknown figure as she made a slow walk through lower left level of the stage. The camera cut to the projection and to Anamarija during the pre-chorus, her face expressing the yearn to confess. At the last line of the pre-chorus, Anamarija walked back to the mid-level stage as the song began to build, with her holding a quickly developing note as the spotlights faded...

Because of you, I've grown stronger
In my moments of weakness you made sure I was still breathing
Because of you, I feel braver
I'm able to break free and live to the fullest again
So many things
That I wish I could tell you, that remain locked inside
Day by day I'll say to you: you're my remedy

She belted out the first line of the chorus with a ferocity that matched the outburst of lights that came on, as projections of 'memories,' Anamarija dancing with a holographic female figure began to to be projected around the stage. The limited technology meant that the holographic Anamarijas dancing gracefully appeared more ghost-like, almost like as if the whole stage set-up was existing within Anamarija's memories. The dances reflected the words that Anamarija was belting out, with one projected scene that was closest to Anamarija showing her struggling with a ballroom dace, and with the figure teaching the ghostly Anamarija to do it properly. To progressing to Anamarija being able to do it...

These scenes were most prevalent during the chorus' first half, with the camera focusing on strategic close ups of Anamarija with the ghostly projections in view, landing, pausing, and fading right in front of her as she belted out 'so many things,' with the chorus getting softer. Anamarija stepped back, the camera focusing on a side-right view as she began to turn back. The camera panned to the right slightly to reveal that same ghostly figure standing on the bottom step of the grand staircase. The lights began to get softer in time with the music's softening, with Anamarija looking at the figure with a fond, yet sad look. At the final line, the female figure faded from view as Anamarija walked over to the grand staircase herself during the brief instrumental interlude, the time of day in the ballroom scene fading from a night scene to one in the afternoon. She sat down at the bottom step, where the ghostly figure she was singing to stood...

I've taken for granted all the things you do for me
Sometimes, I wonder if I'm good enough to deserve you
Just being with you gives me a reason to live
But do I give you the same feelings? Do I give back enough to you?

Anamarija had entered a stage where the emotions began to overpour, her face reflecting the much more contemplative tone that the lyrics began to take. The camera focused on a mixture of close ups and wide pans of the stage, re-emphasizing the scale of the ballroom scene with the lone Anamarija sitting on the stairwell. For the last two lines, she began to clasp the camera with two hands, looking down and receding into herself with the camera fading into a slowly moving close up of her emotions...

There is so much left unsaid between us both
Messages of thanks left to hollow silence
Every hurt and pain I carry within me
When the time's right, I promise I'll tell you everything

At this, Anamarija began to slowly stand up from the stairwell, walking towards the audience until she hit the logical end of the mid-level runway-like platform. The lights began to flash various light hues of gold and orange, reflecting the color palette of the ballroom at afternoon. Anamarija stepped back as the pre-chorus ramped up, with her holding an arm out to her head in preparation for the belt she would unleash...

Because of you, I've grown stronger
In my moments of weakness you made sure I was still breathing

Anamarija unleashed the trademark belts associated with the chorus, unleashing as much power as she could from her voice as the astral projections from earlier began to appear on the stage, with a much more jubilant moving image of Anamarija dancing with her partner with a grace that wasn't seen from the first refrain. The stage lit up in blazing colors of bright gold, with the ballroom chandeliers lighting up in that same bright color as the camera made sweeping shots of the stage, showing Anamarija's dress billowing in the wind as she passionately sung the chorus. However, that chorus was cut off a bit early...

The depths of my gratefulness are beyond any words
One day I'll find a way to repay you on my own terms, and when that day arrives...

For this brief bridge, Anamarija belted out the first line, with the holographic projections froze in place right behind her as she began to sing to a frozen, projected hologram of her and the female figure sharing a smile together. At the first line, 'Anamarija' faded, causing the real Anamarija to walk over in her place and hold the female figure's hands. The camera made a close up at the moment she held the female figure's hand with her free one, before that hologram faded at the end of the bridge, causing the stage to darken and for the camera to zoom out, with Anamarija right in front with a solemn, but content expression.

[Because of you, I've grown stronger
In my moments of weakness you made sure I was still breathing]

The ballroom background began to darken as the background singers took control of the first two lines of the chorus, but seemingly unbeknownst to Anamarija, the partner (now revealed to look like this) that she danced with in the holograms began to walk down the grand staircase, with the lights trained on her moving away strategically. There was a smile on her face as she walked down as Anamarija began to prep herself, with her standing behind the singer the moment the song began to build up again...

So many things
That I wish I could tell you, that remain locked inside
Day by day I'll say to you: you're my remedy

As if reactive intuitively, Anamarija turned behind her to see her partner just before the moment she began to belt out the first lines, with the singer gracefully moving around as much she could with her partner without compromising the vocal. The stage lit up in a golden color, with the ballroom scene having one final hurrah with its golden walls The camera reacted suitably so, rotating dynamically and performing two revolutions as if it were an actual ballroom dance. This only occurred for a few seconds before Anamarija inched closer to her partner, singing these lines directly to her as she began to hold her partner's hand (but astute eyes would notice they weren't touching, with the camera maintaining a deliberate distance from them).

At the last three lines, the ballroom scene began to get more somber as the lights turned to a baby, but gloomy blue. Anamarija 'released' a hand, looking much more somber than before as she sang the last few lines. The 'real' partner that descended down the stairs was revealed to be an immensely strong hologram projection, looking so initially real to the human eye. The lights began to die down at the chorus' last half. The reveal (via a turning down of the hologram's opacity) was made as Anamarija sang the second-to-last line, with the projection disappearing as Anamarija sang 'you're my remedy' with such an outpour of emotion, almost causing a slight hitch. The camera caught an opportune moment of Anamarija's free hand lingering over to where the projection was once was, before the spotlight on Anamarija faded...

The ballroom scene began to fade away, with the last few piano notes causing time to almost go backwards. At the entry's closing, Anamarija made one last adlib as the camera made a close up of her, the ballroom background fading completely and with the parting shot a solemn image of her, standing alone on the stage.

Much like earlier, the Izmeduan crowd released an immensely large roar, causing the audio to feedback slightly again, though monitors at the scene were able to do minor damage control (on broadcast, nothing effectively happened). Anamarija, too overcome with emotion began to tear up at the reaction of the home crowd.

“Hvala Izmedu!” She shouted, blowing one last kiss to the audience before walking backstage, allowing the organizers to get ready for the next nation, Kalosia
Last edited by Izmedu on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:50 pm

To the tune of: Samaya Krasivaya - Alexey Vorobyov
Kalosian pronunciation guide

Felix Bušaristë is a jazz musician from Kasin. He only recently started composing music and wanted to get into the songwriting industry. He composed this song, and wanted to enter it into Festival di Melodi Kalosiana, but there was one problem — he could not sing. He went on vacation to nearby Sitria while searching for someone with a voice good enough to provide the lead vocals for his song.
Ǧianni Marino was the man approached by Felix. He works for a cafe where he sings live music, typically jazz songs. He initially did not have any intentions to participate at FMK or even WHF, but he accepted the offer and was entered into the national final.
It was a miracle to both of them that the song was accepted, and Ǧianni was announced the Kalosian entrant to the 29th World Hit Festival live on Kalosian television to hundreds of thousands if not millions of viewers throughout the nation.

Being a once-in-a-lifetime thing for him, Ǧianni was dressed stylishly. Felix was also on stage, holding a saxophone and wearing suspenders and a bow tie. He does have a vocal part, that is the parts written in brackets. As the song began, the stage was dark, only a spotlight shone on Ǧianni, who was standing alone at the center of the stage.

(Unë, dvia)

Lë lusi di lë sita
Sanam l’avënir e pasat
Ila gardam nušën movëmen e pliani
Ila spetam pirže ijom kañamt

During the first line of the next part, more stage lights came on and the background showed art deco-style animated graphics.

Sëtë matinë ja kompot
Tre katli di cokolati e un roz
Ma kadë te invitot a brunch
Dirit në puvi, mama visitë

Ja allot a kasa, solo
Men kefe mi dart un proǧetë nueva
Kadë ja laboro, apeli
Vuli enkontrë ma perdël, së se trop tardë

At the first line of the chorus, the background colors switched — it was black lines on a gold background.

(Unë, dvia)

Lë lusi di lë sita
Sanam l’avënir e pasat

Lë lusi di lë sita
Sanam l’avënir e pasat

Lë lusi di lë sita

The background returned to the original gold-on-black.

Jer nuta, ufini, liberomt
Cenom kon kandeli e gardom lë steli
Ja godaro eža kon te
Ma këlkosë sentët stranë, perkiz?

Në sano, sez së men kolpa?
Në vulo areste, në vulo laša
Explorol nušën sentezi
E želesol lë meli per nuša e lë monda

Again, the background became black-on-gold.

(Unë, dvia)

Lë lusi di lë sita
Sanam l’avënir e pasat

Lë lusi di lë sita
Sanam l’avënir e pasat

Felix walked in, onto the left circular platform, playing the saxophone. The camera focuses on him during his solo. As it ends, the camera goes back to Ǧianni, occasionally showing Felix since he continues playing the saxophone.

(Unë, dvia)

Lë lusi di lë sita
Sanam l’avënir e pasat

Lë lusi di lë sita
Sanam l’avënir e pasat

As the song ends, the background goes back to gold-on-black and freezes, and a shot of pyrotechnics comes out from the stage.

Lë lusi di lë sita

The crowd cheers, Felix and Ǧianni come together to the front of the stage to bow, and Ǧianni says "thank you everyone, happy new year!"

(One, two)

City lights
Know the future and past
They watch our movement and plans
They wait because we’ve changed

This morning I bought
Three boxes of chocolates and a rose
But when I invited you to brunch
You said you could’t, mother’s visiting

I went home, alone
My boss gave me a new project
When I was working, you called
You wanted to meet but sorry, it’s too late

(One, two)

City lights
Know the future and past

City lights
Know the future and past

City lights

Last night we were finally free
We dined with candles and watched the stars
I enjoyed being with you
But something felt strange, why?

I don’t know, is it my fault?
I don’t want to stop, I don’t want to leave
Let’s explore our feelings
And choose the best for us and the world

(One, two)

City lights
Know the future and past

City lights
Know the future and past

(One, two)

City lights
Know the future and past

City lights
Know the future and past

City lights
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:59 pm

To the tune of: BYRTA - Minnist tú

NNN, after another dissapointing result, had for a time considered pulling out of the WHF to focus on WorldVision, and to help ease the recent budget cuts. However, after a large petition and an appeal from within NNN itself from NNN Music, which has used the competition to give opportunities for upcoming Normand talent, the broadcaster agreed to maintain the contest on its list of programs. Then, the main problem that affects any entry came about swiftly; what actually would the entry be? NNN, with the help of producer Martin de Maresen, scoured the nation, looking for the best of the new Normand talent, a generation that had been inspired by Normandy and Picardy competing in WHF and WV. Eventually, the broadcaster settled on Lisonard, a group known for their rather cryptic, often surreal, lyrics and performances, and they were set to work with de Maresen and 'L'Appel' (The Call) was the result. The song is about the anguish and confusion that can be felt after a break up; should I have stayed with that person? Will I be able to carry on on my own? 'The Call itself', explained 21 year old Ariane, lead singer of the group, 'is indicative of your conciousness trying to sort itself out after you've broken up; you're still somewhat attatched to the relationship, but you know it's over. It's that thing that hold you back from carrying over that you sometimes feel, and this song is about a person's struggle with this'. As mentiioned, the lead singer of the group is Ariane Lavigne, a 21 year old from Caen, the capital of Normandy and Picardy. She grew up close to the other member of Lisonard, Lucas Jacquinot (20), who is the main songwriter for the group. Both went to the same schools and colleges, before both attended the Cherbourg College of Music, the most prestigious of music/arts colleges in Normandy and Picardy. The two first formed a group whilst at the Cherbourg College, before they graduated, and have since been working on an album, having released their first single, 'La Brume' (The Mist), but this song is seperate from that album, being produced specifically for WHF. So, could Lisonard bring home a fourth win for Normandy and Picardy? Who knows...

As the music begins, a light at the left of the stage flashes on and off quickly, revealing 2 or 3 mannequins standing above a thin layer of smoke, and then the same happens on the right had side. The lights are mostly white, although they do have a pink tinge. The two lights then shine on the stage, creating almost a triangle, but Ariane can't be seen at all, hidden by the area of darkness that remains. However, as she begins singing, the two lights focus on her, almost becoming two spotlights. The camera pans around Ariane, laying on a large, black chair, as smoke wisps around the chair and her feet. As she sings the third line, she reaches out with both hands to the left, and then pulls her right arm back across her body and reaches out to her right with her other arm, almost looking like a person being crucified, especially as the camera is above her at this point.

J'ecoute l'appel (I hear the call)
J'ecoute sa voix (I hear its voice)
C'est dans les murs (It's in the walls)
Je sais il me regarde (I know it watches me)

She sits up onto the edge of her chair as the second half of the verse begins, looking towards the cameras which are now in front of her. She mocks a phone with her hands, holding it against her voice, before rapidly throwing her arms off to the side and then letting it return to her side. She then throws both her arms in front of her, before dragging them back and rapidly standing up, making it look like she used her arms to pull herself up. She walks forwards from her central position, the lights following her as she does so. She reaches a microphone stand which wasn't there before, which she grabs wildly with both arms, and then returns to normal.

Je m'assois ici (I sit here)
Attendre pour il venir (Waiting for it to come)
Mais encore je reste (But still I remain)
Je suis la seule, est je ne suis pas la seule (I'm alone, and I'm not alone)

As the chorus is about to begin, the camera fades from Arianes face, instead offering different shots of the stage showing the mannequins and the smoke, which is growing in its thickness. Also, all the lights intensify during this prechorus build up. During the chorus itself, what was a black background is suddenly filled with an explosion of a dark pink colour, which fades, but then another explosion appears, creating a cycle of explosions and fading. Small spotlightish lights, with the same pink in colour, shine downwards onto the stage. Ariane move her arms around rather expressively, sometimes dragging her body to oneside and another as well, as if she is being pushed around.

L'appel sait je suis ici mais il m'ignore (The call knows I'm here but still it ignores me)
L'appel sait mon coeur est fragile et l'écraser (The calls knows my heart is weak and breaks it)
L'appel est mon ame (The call is my soul)
Je vive pour ca (I live for this)
Je mourrais pour ca (I'd die for this)
Pour sentir l'amour encore (To feel love still)
Et le sentir à nouveau, et à nouveau (And to feel again, and again)

The camera zooms rapidly in on Ariane's face as the next verse begins, as she sings looking downwards, her eyes half shut, before suddenly opening her eyes fully and staring at the camera. The background has stopped being filled by explosions of pink, and has now returned to its prechorus blackness. She is suddenly pulled back, and the camera zooms out showing us Lucas, dressed all in black except for his dark pink socks, who as pulled her back by the waist. She shakes him off, still singing, and he grabs onto her arms and pulls it up, before she pulls it away from him. He then grabs her from either side, and she pulls forward alluding his grasp before pushing him away as he comes from the side. He dissapears from the view of the camera just before the verse ends.

Je me noie, dans ma chagrin (I drown myself, in my sorrow)
Mais il me calme, il me console (But it calms me, it consoles me)
Je me désagrége, et je restaure moi-même (I fall apart, and I rebuild myself)
Mais l'appel reste ici (But the call is still here)
Je suis la seule, dans tout de l'ombre (I am alone, in all the darkness)

A wave of the dark pink colour flows over the background, and consequent waves of black and pink comes from one side to another over the rest of the chorus. The camera remains focused on Ariane, but not as zoomed in. She again moves to the music, and the frame of Lucas can be seen lurking around the mannequins, as if searching for Ariane, although we never see his face, and he never comes near to her.

L'appel sait je suis ici mais il m'ignore (The call knows I'm here but still it ignores me)
L'appel sait mon coeur est fragile et l'écraser (The calls knows my heart is weak and breaks it)

The lights fade and the camera focuses on Ariane's face, and the camera feed itself becomes a little blurry during this section. She appears to be feeling a strange mixture of joy and melancholy, and her eyes look to be both calm and plead to the viewer at home, as if she is confused or unsure about something.

oooooh
oooooh

The lights in the background begins flashing, back at there normal intensity again, increasing in their intensity over the two lines, and flashing more rapidly. The background returns to its wave like movements, which had stopped just after the second chorus. There is a sudden flash of light, and all the mannequins have been knocked over, hidden by the rapidly growing smoke, which hides Ariane's shins, moving up her leg as it goes. At the end, Ariane appears to fall and dissapear into the smoke and all the lights turn off.

Et le sentir à nouveau (And to feel again)
Et le sentir à nouveau (And to feel again)

Ariane can be heard shouting 'Merci Vodiznad, Merci WHF' as she leaves the stage, and the preparations for the next act, Polkopia, are made.
Last edited by Izmedu on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:05 am

To the tune of: Willy William - Ego

Nikolai Bartrov stood on stage, dressed in black pants, a black button-up shirt, where the top two buttons had been unbuttoned, and a black fedora on top of his head. The stage was completely black, as the music hadn't started yet. Once the opening chimes of the song started playing, however, stars aligned the back LED screen, and left as soon as they came. They continued to do this in sync with the beat, but no singer was revealed yet. The camera was directly in front of the stage, looking up at the black area as it was briefly illuminated by the specks, slowly zooming in. Then, a voice could be heard as Nikolai sang. As he did, the perimeter of the stairs on the stage would illuminate in a sleek golden color, as would the outside of the background LED screens. The golden color started at the edges and crept toward the middle as he sang.

Stand up, raise your voice to the sky,
There's no time ask why,
With me, you can fly,
Davai, davai, davai.

Now, with the stairs and background LED screens' perimeters in a golden color, a spotlight was shown on Nikolai, and he had been looking down. Once he became visible, he looked up at the camera and continued to sing, smiling as he did so. The camera was close enough now where his head, torso, arms, and thighs were all in the camera frame, but his lower legs were not.

Leave all your fears behind,
Don't take a second to rewind,
Your voice along with mine,
Davai, davai, davai.

Now, he started to walk forward, while the camera moved backwards with him, at a slightly faster pace, as his lower legs came into view. As he walked forward, he beckoned to the camera, to the viewers, to come follow him, using his finger tips to make the motion while he sang.

Let the heavens hear you,
There's nothing more you can do,
Just hope that you don't lose,
Davai, davai, davai.

He stopped, stopping along the front walkway of the stage. The camera backed up a bit more, taking Nikolai and the entire stage in its frame. He gave a slight pause and looked at the ceiling, smiling as he did so. When he sang "Davai, davai, davai," he raised his free hand in the air in sync with his voice.

Don't wait until the end,
No more playing pretend,
Your title you must defend,
Davai, davai, davai.

Once he sang those last lines, the entire stage lit up shades of gold, red, green, every color, which transitioned between one another on the background screens. The stage revealed four drummers, each holding a massive bass drum, who were symmetrically placed on each side of the stage - 2 on the right and 2 on the left, who played along to the beat. Two people were also on the stage, running around, carrying a flag with the crest of a local football (soccer) team.

Nikolai himself jumped back, and ran to the middle of the stage again, directly located in the gap between the two sets of drummers.

Davai, davai, davai.

Two dancers ran out and were positioned on either side of him, but behind him, to form a triangular shape on stage, with Nikolai as the one in front.The three of them danced, using a series of steps, arm movements, and shuffles. As he sang, he stopped dancing, while the other two continued the routine. When he said "Davai, davai, davai," they paused their routine, jumped up in sync with the song, and clapped their hands above their heads.

Stand up, give it all you've got,
Go ahead and take that shot,
These last minutes mean a lot,
Davai, davai, davai.

Soon it'll all be over,
but the score couldn't be closer,
You're the perfect composer,
Davai, davai, davai.

Sing 'till you can't sing no more
Yell 'till you can't yell no more,
They hear you out there now,
Davai, davai, davai.

The drummers and dancers paused with the brief pause, and the lights momentarily dimmed, but the lights illuminated back up in sync with the beat, as did the drummers' playing and the dancers' dancing.

Don't wait until the end,
No more playing pretend,
Your title you must defend,
Davai, davai, davai.

Once the beat dropped again, a glitter cannon shot red glitter into the air as more flag-wavers flooded the stage, bringing the total to six now, each with a flag of a different club, though not all were Polkopian. Some were from other nations, Britonisea, Ethane, to name a few.

Davai, davai, davai.

Nikolai stopped dancing, and walked forward along the front walkway of the stage. He pumped his fist in the air with every 2nd 'Davai' he sang.

Davai, davai

Davai, davai

Davai, davai, da-da-davai davai

Davai, davai

Davai, davai

The lights shut off almost completely. He stopped and shouted "Izmedu!" loudly into the microphone.

Davai, davai, davai.

The camera rapidly zoomed out as the lights illuminated the stage once more. The glitter cannon went off again, and more flag-bearers flooded the stage, as did more dancers, who moved up behind Nikolai, dancing.

Davai, davai, davai.

Davai, davai, davai.

Davai, davai, davai.

Davai, davai, davai.

Nikolai finished, pumping his fist in the air as he sang. Everybody stood completely still as the lights faded out. Soon, it was just Nikolai and the golden perimeter which was visible. The golden perimeter faded away as it came, and the spotlight on Nikolai faded out and the song was ended.
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:13 am

JAYDEN BOISE

Jayden Boise in the runner up of the Britonish Telespectacular, "Mehlohdifehstivalhen" who sang the song, "Eihei" which is a ballad about how love has run out. The word "Eihei" does not have a direct link back in to English, however once it is explained here and seeing it used in the song may make the word have more sense. In this song, there are two different types of "Eihei." The word is thought to derive from "Eihë" which means sugar.
  • The first one that you are introduced to is the word to describe someone. If I called you, "Eihei" it is similar to calling you "Sweetheart" or "Honey" but, it is similar to when you have had enough of that person and you no longer want to be there's. For example, when a couple sense that their relationship is not going well or they have an argument, they would frequently call themselves "Eihei" which means "You are too much for me to handle." This can also be watered down to friendship level too. If you call your friend "Eiheire" or "Eiheira" it would mean that they are more than just your friend, to the point where you are unsure whether you are friends or not. This "Eihei" always has a capital letter.
  • The second type of "eihei" that you are introduced to is in the line, "Weren't sweet, but eihei" and looking at the previous statement, it is quite similar. However, there are small differences. You never describe someone as this "eihei." eihei is similar to something being like a backstabber. For example, if you described a memory as "not sweet but eihei" that would mean that though it felt sweet, it was not sugar - it was something else. Another example of "eihei" is camouflage. A non-poisonous snake would have the same colour as a poisonous snake; this is "eihei" because it passes off as if was the real thing, when really it is something else. A final example of "Eihei" are false friend in languages. For example there was a Dutch advertisement labeling a child saying "Mama, Die, Die, Die" and for an English reader that as child wanting their mother to die. However, it is "eihei" because it doesn't really mean that; and rather means "Mother, please (or a variant)"

Pronounced "Ey-he"

Whether that helped your understanding of the word or not, enjoy the song and maybe you will understand the word more!

Jayden Boise (pronounced Jay (letter J) Den (Denmark) Buh (Bun) wa (warrant) zh) is a 25 year old Britonish male from Sports City & Luton which lies on the Aurevbushan/Britonish border, and is the closest city to Junterapten. Jayden Boise had a very modest upbringing - he did not have enough money to be spoit and he was never economically been in a bad situation. Jayden Boise grew up among sporting greats as he would frequently go to stadiums in Sports City, like what any Sportsian child would do and would be given a reduced ticket based on where he lived. Jayden Boise was also in to music, and despite the country being rich with musical culture, Sports City and Luton was no know for their music - and there was only a small amount of children taking his music course. Jayden Boise also enjoyed performing in front of assemblies at school; and this would only lead him to go further up as he gained experience.

His music teacher and his mentors gave him multiple opportunities to perform on stages, especially in concerts in Sports City where it is littered with arenas and concert halls. He enjoyed doing this, about a month ago, his mentor came to him and recommended him in joining the Mehlodhifehstivalhen, which is the biggest music competition in the country as it receives, on average, 65% of the television audience. At the time, Mehlodhifehstalhen had a connection with the WorldVision Song Contest - and hence he thought if he won that would be the place he would go. When that was cancelled, and the prize was World Hit Festival, there had to be some convincing, and he didn't know much about the competition.

Jayden Boise arrived in Izmedu later than the rest of the acts. The original acts, who won Mehlodhifehstivalhen, could not represent Britonisea and so, he was chosen. Jayden accepted and arrived in the country where was to practise until the competition. He is "jubilant and excited" and he "can't wait until he performs in from of a crowd." He also said that he would love to be the 4th Ultimaversian winner of the contest.

KEY
Word - Exaggerated Lyric when sung. Words - Jayden sings tune, backing singers sing in harmony. (Word) - Sung by the backing singers alone.

JAYDEN
BACKING SINGERS

The song did not start yet. It was silent in the arena. The banner of Britonisea was the only light in the arena, but a shadow of a male stood in front of it. He put the microphone to his mouth and started to sing the first word "Eihei" before the pianist came in. Others on the stage included a pianist, who was behind a piano, and a few violinists on either side of the stage.

Eihei, we're far apart.
Our bond, not strong
Again, encore - let's show them all.
Our last dance.

When the pianist began to play the piano, a dark blue light shone on him. By this time, the spotlight followed Jayden to the piano where he stood around 5m from it. He looked at the pianist with no expression, though one could argue that it was the expression of hate and coldness.

Skin touching, our eyes are locked.
Hair standing, though our souls are black
We're hiding from the truth.
ooooo
oooooo
aaaaaaa

He then started to walk up a flight of stairs which lead him on top of the piano. A mobile camera swirled around the pianist and then looked up towards Jayden who was about to sing the next part of the song. The stage had cracks appearing in it every 4 seconds or so (As shown here) and the camera would zoom out and then zoom back in so that those at home can experience this.

Eihei, tell me your thoughts and let out all your pain.
Eihei (Eihei), I'm letting you free, please let go of me.
You're out of my jail (Ahh), I am out of your clutch (Ahh) -
Please; don't make this hard for us. (Hmmmm)
Eihei, (Hmmm)

During that chorus, the cracks which were appearing on the stage slowly swelled up until the whole stage turned a deep red, which reflected back on to the audience. He was still placed on the piano, and the pianist was still playing his song. The next part of the song was about to begin and so he looked down on his shoes before looking back up and breathing; squeezing his lower abdominal muscles.

Eihei (Eihei), time is running out,
Tomorrow'll fly in to the past.
Our dance of Yesteryear,
Oh, will be understood more.

Jayden turned around on the piano and stood right on the edge. The camera focused that he was on his tip-toes and he looked as though he was about to fall off. He looked at the camera, which switched to face him.

We may be naive,
Though this is no mistake.
No regrets as memories made,
Weren't sweet, but eihei!

Here the backing singers from behind the stage walked forward from the woodwork and they wore all black with a silver belt around their waists. The camera crossed from the left to the right as each of the backing singers looked at the camera. The camera also passed Jayden, who was still facing the opposite way as the crowd, still looking as though he was about to fall.

Eihei, tell me your thoughts and let out all your pain.
Eihei, I'm letting you free, please let go of me.
You're out of my jail (Ahhh), I am out of your clutch (Ahhh) -
Please; don't make this hard for us.
Eihei, (Eihei)

As the violins started to churn down the music, the camera quickly glanced at the violinsts, and the staging turned from the red to a major spotlight at where he was. The backing singers who were lurking had reached the piano, and Jayden fell backwards off the piano. The camera quickly looked at the boy before he bent himself backwards. The camera zoomed around at 180 and watched the boy fall. The backing singers caught Jayden - and as he was facing the ceiling of the arena, there was a camera there to greet him. That camera zoomed in, and further in as his eyes watered up and turned a tint of pink.

Eihei, oooh.
Our love was eihei.
Ahhhh, oohhhh
Ooooh, Eihei!

He placed the microphone to his mouth as the backing singers turned him around and lifted him in to a standing position. Also, as the woodwind instrument entered, the camera did not fail to glimpse at the man playing the instrument - he looked still. He did not move. Still. The camera then noticed the singers surrounding Jayden (Similar to this), all clutching on to him - getting power from his body.

Eihei! Your saccharine taste now leaves me without other tastes.
Eihei! Our story is dull, it is banal; cliched.
You're out of my jail (Ahhh), I am out of your clutch (Ahhh) -
Oh Please, let go (Ahhh) me - I am no longer yours!
Eihei, (Eihei)

As he sang the last part of the song, he fell backwards alongside the backing singers and the light slowly dimmed as the audience started to applause. The applaused lasted for around 15 seconds before you heard "Thanks, everyone! Thank you!" before he got up and ran off stage.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:18 am

The crowd cheered rather immensely for the Britonish act, with the camera panning to the audience and making some choice cuts to where some members were waving Britonish flags. The camera, in the midst of the excitement following the final performance, turned to Apolonija for the first time since the beginning, with her walking to the main stage with a smile.

Apolonija: Thank you Jayden Boise and thank you Britonisea for such a stunning final performance! What a way to end our first half of the evening, but things aren't over just yet. I want you all to applaud one last time for all nations that have performed!

As the crowd roared, Apolonija could be seen walking down to the stage's lowest level, with the camera making a slow pan downwards from her in an upwards angle, and her expertly catching it.

Apolonija: Of course, this isn't the end of our exciting evening. In a few moments, I'm going to announce that... Voting has opened!

World, Start. Voting. Now!

The arena shined in a dark green as all spotlights trained to the center before fading, a 'boom' sound announced as 'WORLD, START VOTING NOW' appeared on all screens in capital letters before the light configuration returned to normal.

Apolonija: World, you have approximately 10 minutes to cast your vote for your favorite nations and performances. Here's how.

At this point, each broadcaster of the World Hit Festival will have their commentator speak on the formal voting process in their national tongue. Apolonija explained once in English, and another time for Izmeduan-only speakers in the audience in the arena and at home.

Apolonija: We can't just leave you all at home with just 10 minutes of pure silence, can't we? Well, the interval act is here to save the day. Now, you might be wondering, what ideas does Izmedu and RTI have for such an act? Do we send our third placed contestant from Izmepisma to fit the bill? Do we pretend like it's a third Izmeduan entry in one night and act accordingly? Well, the folks at RTI are feeling a bit... Miffed. They complain about how we're all serious all the time, and how the World Hit Festival team is obsessed with crying all the time. Even though, to be honest with you, they're the ones that like to cry.

This got a rise out of Apolonija as the crowd once again erupted in some laughter.

Apolonija: Well, what we do have is an act from Izmepisma and a potential tourist advert. With a homage to an entry by Emilija Kopitar from yesteryear, she said, in her own words, 'it'll be something for somewhat of a laugh, but you might like it if you're into the summer sounds. It may not be Temperature, but it's a love letter to the host city of WHF29.' Ladies and gentleman, please welcome Ozana and 'Grad Vodiznad!'

INTERVAL ACT
Ozana – Grad Vodiznad

The lights dimmed as the music came on against a rather large crowd cheer, that was laced with both excitement and bewilderment. The camera was at a rather wide angle, turned sideways as it made a slow forward motion to the stage as the instrumentation was rather soft, with a burgeoning tamburica and accordion sound in the background as the screens produced a neon-styled outline of Vodiznad. Then, the music came to life with a fuller array of instruments, causing the Dragulj Arena to glow in the summer colors of light yellow and baby blue. It was at this point was where the camera focused on a close up of the top level of the stage, with Ozana walking out (wearing this outfit) and performing informal choreography, slowing and slightly sliding down suggestively with a slight wink and coy expressoon. as the song as the tamburica dominated brief parts of the song. The city of Vodiznad was now fully re-created on the screen, as Ozana situated herself at the stage's mid-level runway, the camera at a close up to her.

That crown jewel by the sea
All those buildings in orange
New and old come together
To create this seaside place

Her performance demeanor exuded a rather exaggerated coyness as she held one hand to her hips as she sang the first verse to the headset. The screens focused on a rather detailed re-creation of the Velikstav Walkway, with CGI renderings of people passing by and having fun as they took a stroll. The floor screens themselves began to look like the polished marble floors of the Velikstav, with Ozana taking a slight stroll herself with the camera making a brief bird's eye view as she sang the first verse.

This is the stuff of dreams
Like that old Adviant dvor
You can't deny its beauty, so let's go

With the hook, the camera focused on closer shots of Ozana as she began to step back as the now light yellow lights began to pulse to a soft beat. With the camera catching a slight wink from Ozana as she sang the last line of the pre-chorus, the song quickly ramped up as the camera began to race across the stage...

Grad Vodiznad je onako bial (The city of Vodiznad is so beautiful)
If you can handle all the huge crowds
Atmosfera se dodirsen presladolc (The air feels too sweet)
It might be too much at first
But once you get past that, there's a jewel waiting here
Come on and join the fun, take a walk down the Velikstav

The camera panned to a stage-wide view, catching Pamela doing a rather informal routine consisting of her acting like it was a party on stage. At the chorus' advent, dancers (dressed like party-goers), began to appear on the stage and at certain parts, do a coordinated dance with her before returning back to their own routines. It looked slightly inchoate, but Ozana kept the camera at her beck and call every time it motioned closer to her, winking and smiling quite widely. The Dragulj Arena was lit up in a variations of light blue and yellow during the chorus' pulsing beats. At the last line, the camera was at a bird's eye view, the marble floors of the Velikstav appear on the floor screen as the dancers began to propagate on the mid-level platform.

At the instrumental interlude, the background screens began to take wide panoramas of the city of Vodiznad itself, making sweeping shots across old Vodiznad, to the newer downtown parts, and finally to its mountains. Ozana kept working the stage on her lonesome as the dancers began to disperse at advent of the second verse.

Take a drive down the outskirts
And look out on the mountains
See how it lights up at night
But then you see it's kinda small

Ozana began to become a bit more playful as the lyrics took a somewhat unexpected turn, with the screens acting accordingly as she stepped down to the lowest level of the stage, where the dancers stood stationary. The floor screens themselves turned into a mountain path, with the background showing a wider view of Vodiznad itself (which, in reflection of the lyrics, did look rather small in scale).

Did the postcards I got lie?
Or maybe my mind ran wild
I don't care, I just wanna drown in these sights

For the pre-chorus, Ozana went back to the mid-level runway, with the floor screens turning into water. Behind her was a dancer, and Ozana would begin to 'fall' as she sang the final line.

At the moment the chorus hit, Ozana and the dancers began to make an immediate and tighter routine, being much more coordinated than the previous reprise. During this, Ozana would make brief interruptions to interact with the audience as the camera focused on wide sweeping shots interspersed with close ups. Once the chorus ended, there was a brief instrumental bridge which saw the background screens turn to crowd-sourced videos of the famed Vodiznad parties, which consisted of large amounts of people raving all at once to a DJ at another stage in black and white. At the end of the bridge, the lights turned dark as only the mid-level runway was lit up in marble floors again, with Ozana turned to the direction of the screen and the camera

The penultimate reprise of the chorus was the softest this song would go, with Ozana slinking towards the camera, entreating the viewers to go to Vodiznad. At the third line, the camera would rotate to the direction of the audience, causing Ozana to turn around herself as she swayed her hips rather strongly at strategic moments, and hitting quite a high note in the process.

This final reprise now involved all the dancers and Ozana on the mid-level platform as the arena unleashed a cannon of sparks throughout the stage. The screens now played a repeating sequence of Vodiznad glamour shots interspersed with social media images of people having fun within the city. The camera was handled rather frenetically throughout the chorus, with the stage looking almost like a party, but the scale of the party was accentuated with a stable bird's eye view for three seconds during the fourth line showing an image of all the dancers doing a semi-coordinated dance with Ozana on the lead. At the end, the stage turned dark with Ozana striking a final pose and a wink.

“Hvala!!!” Ozana shouted, then departing the stage...
Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Commentary with Mehkl Maddox Ajax and Rigas Jengiz

Postby Britonisea » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:38 pm

BVC

M Mehkl
R Rigas

M: Hello and welcome to the 29th World Hit Festival in Izmedu! I am your host, Mehkl Maddox Ajax
R: And I am your host Rigas Jengiz! This will be the first time since World Hit Festival 26 that the contest will be held outside the Ultimaverse.
M: But, the last three wins have been Ultimaversian nations, so Estogium and Britonisea are looking to maintain that!
R: Indeed, today is expected to be a great event. Izmedu has never hosted anything like this before, and I am very excited!
M: To think we have hosted 2 worldvisions, and 1 WHF, we need Izmedu to show us their skills in hosting.
R: Okay, now we have the opening sequence, and it's apparently going to be a show stopper!

Opening Song

R: YES! YES! I can't wait until Izmedu host the WorldVision Song Contest. Usually, the World Hit Festival is cheaper - but if this is what they're producing for this contest - wow..just wow!
M: Sorry to burst your bubble, but this was much better than recent opening sequences-
R: What, including yours in Kyvivre?
M: Well, including yours in Kyvivre, too!
R: Well, I may have to agree, I liked it.
M: Anyway first song is from West Phoencia, who will be singing to no tune at all!
R: Well, we know who will be getting last place...

01. West Phoencia

M: That was one of the most boring performances...ever.
R: I agree, I dislike the lyrics....
M: Let's just move on, yeah?
R: Yep, let's move on.
M: But, for future reference...Send us a uptempo song with stage directions and a good song!
R: Next up is Anollasia, one of our favourite nations in the song contest!

02. Anollasia

R: This contest is quite boring so far, in my honest opinion.
M: That stupid piano was getting on my nerves!
R: I liked the lyrics. You could tell the lyricist is very good at English!
M: I agree, much better than whatever we have in Britonisea.
R: I also liked the staging directions too, but that may go from person to person.
M: I just didn't like the piano!
R: Next up is Song 3, Mercedini! This song is a banger!

03. Mercedini

R: YAAAS! Bring in that Scandipop beat!
M: Best song tonight so far, but let's analyse the song because it ain't perfect.
R: Yeah. The song is amazing, and the dancers are quite nice too.
M: The lyrics are a bit naff though, and we know naff.
R: "I'm wearing my curls." I mean come on....!
M: "Eyebrows on fleek" this reminds me of Estogium's song with palladium.
R: And guess what? They got 4th.
M: Speaking about Estogium, it's their song; Liam Andreasson, with the weird e on his name with the accent.
R: Singing, "Jump The Gun"

04. Estogium

M: YASS! I love this song, It is quite entertaining.
R: The song is...okay. The thing that will get this nation the points is the staging and the lyrics!
M: The lyrics are very good here, I must say!
R: The grit in his voice is sexy, I love it.
M: So far, with everything, Estogium is the best of the night. In terms of song, Mercedini is better.
R: Next up is Cosneolta.

05. Cosneolta

R: What is this? Please Jesus help me.
M: I didn't like the song, it is...
R: It's jokes!
M: Ugh, at least the song's staging is alright...
R: Right, this is interesting. It is the hosts next, Izmedu; song #6!

06. Izmedu

M: I preferred their opening song. You know something is wrong when a nations opening sequence is better than their actual song.
R: It's very dreamy, not really in the mood after that Cosnoelta song. This will make the song sound more boring that what it actually is!
M: I guess so. I mean, it's not a terrible song, is it?
R: Nope, not at all!
M: It is just not my cup of tea.
R: Anyway, next up is Kalosia, let's see what they're serving us!

07. Kalosia

M: Now, it follows quite a slow song, which could make this top seem more fun that what it is.
R: It's not. It's just a song on loop, it doesn't have the peaks and troughs that I want.
M: The singer's voice is nice.
R: I also like the language that they're singing in, so that's a thumbs up.
M: Yes, I agree. I do agree.
R: This song is (a bit) fun, it's quirky but it gets a bit boring.
M: Well, next up is Normandy And Picardy! And the rest of the songs are somewhat not English.

08. Normandy and Picardy

M: I don't like the song, it's really weird, I am sorry, I didn't like that.
R: Me neither, there is something with the song that I just dislike, and it lies within the song.
M: This seems like an outdated 1990s song, I dislike.
R: I mean, their staging and stuff is good, it's always good, but they just don't send good songs anymore.
M: I'm pretty sure their is a song with the same title as this in their WV NF, that seems like a great song. Hopefully it wins.
R: Yeah, well anyway...It's Polkopia returning! Are they going to dominate this contest too?
M: I am not sure. We are now going in to the territory of the song's title being in another language, but the actual song being in English.

09. Polkopia

R: It's alright, the song is alright. I've heard this type of song before, and before, and before!
M: I really don't feel in the mood, to be honest.
R: It is a nice, sweet song.
M: Yeah, I liked the song, I guessed. Same old, Same old.
R: The lyrics are nice, they're nice.
M: Staging is nice, they're nice.
R: But...I...just don't know what more to say...
M: Good entry. But finally we have Britonisea is up, and they want to win.

10. Britonisea

M: It's a haunting a mysterious song.
R: I think it has done well representing Britonisea, and I think this could be high in the ratings.
M: It would be sad if it didn't. I am not sure about his voice, and how strong it is...
R: But the instrumentation is very good! We need to applaud that.
M: Yeah, the lyrics aren't too bad, I guess. I liked it.
R: A lot!
M: Do you think he'll do better than your performances?
R: Better than my first, not sure about my second. You?
M: It will definitely get better than 9th place. No doubt.

R: That is it, folks. All your songs! Now it's time for the interval act!
Last edited by Britonisea on Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rexubliqué Univexserellué de Brityunik #BRI
Follow Britonish Television on Twitter: TVBBritonisea
WorldVision Top 9 | WorldVision Factbook
1st - 162 points - WV112 (314 J+T)
1st - 154 points - WV81
1st - 139 points - WV47
1st - 138 points - WV99 (258 J+T)
1st - 134 points - WV87 (242 J+T)
1st - 132 points - WV73
1st - 117 points - WV64
1st - 113 points - WV41
1st - 98 points - WV63

World Hit Festival Top 9 | World Hit Festival Factbook
1st - 51 points - WHF50
1st - 42 points - WHF59
1st - 38 points - WHF52
1st - 34 points - WHF42
1st - 34 points - WHF48
1st - 33 points - WHF68
1st - 28 points - WHF46
1st - 28 points - WHF37
1st - 20 points - WHF26

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:00 pm

As Ozana and the dancers dispersed from the stage, the arena began to undertake a dark green glow as Apolonija made her way to the stage. On the highest level of the base stage stood a podium that resembled the logo of WHF29, with the vines acting as the legs and a green headphone situated on top of the 'table.' Apolonija stopped at that podium as she smiled at the still cheering audience, the camera making choice shots as it swept over the Dragulj Arena's arena, from the audience, to the green room, and back at a mid-range shot of Apolonija herself. The musical backing to Apolonija's entrance was a softer version of Arijana Kovac's Liberation, playing the few lines of the song that served as the leitmotif before fading into silence.

Apolonija: What you will have just seen performed was indeed Ozana's 'Grad Vodiznad.' All of you out there who calls this city home, I hope you're happy, it's not everyday that we get songs dedicated to cities, do we? Alright, after that interval act, we head closer to the part of the show that everybody tends to panic over, the results.

A slight pause as the crowd cheered at Apolonija invoking that part.

Apolonija: Of course, no results introduction can be complete without a recap of all the nations. We still have a few minutes left before we close the lines, so here's one last chance for each nation to make the case for you as to why they should win the World Hit Festival.

A crowd cheer overcame the arena as the logo appeared for a few seconds in a shimmering green color, before fading into a 30-second recap of each act starting with West Phoenicia all the way down to Britonisea. This recap would last for 3 minutes. Once the recap ended, it was once again pure excitement in the arena as the camera dissolved from the recap graphics to Apolonija smiling at the crowd.

Apolonija: We haven't even closed the lines yet and we're this excited! Alright, I best warn you, this could turn into absolute chaos by the end of tonight. In fact, maybe even now, because... As I am saying this, you only have 60 seconds remaining until voting ends!

The theme song came back on again as the arena's green lights flashed into an intense white that concentrated on Apolonija before fading, a countdown clock appearing before her that started at '60' and ticking.

Apolonija: Cast your vote now, there's only so much time left to vote for your favorite song of the evening. If you don't vote now, and your favorite doesn't win, you might regret it. Audience, who do you think will win!?

Apolonija turned the microphone to the direction of the crowd, and a multitude of unintelligible answers were what Apolonija received in response in the form of one large crowd cheer. Of course, individually, every nation's name was being shouted in that crowd.

Apolonija: Well, only one can win, and we're going to find out soon as now... Only 10 seconds remain on the clock!

The clock began to tick from 10 down to 1 as Apolonija and the crowd together said each increment as it ticked down to 0. When the countdown clock was over, Arijana Kovac's Liberation reached its crescendo as sparks began to fly out from the front side of the stage. A message flashed on the screens below once countdown struck 0... During the announcement, participating broadcasters and commentators were warning viewers not to vote, lest they still get charged for voting as lines closed.

WORLD! STOP. VOTING. NOW!

Apolonija: World!!! This is it! Your votes are in and soon we will unveil the winner of the 29th World Hit Festival!

This caused the crowd to go into a one minute mania as all Apolonija could do was smile and allow herself to also be excited from the current crowd cheer. The camera began to pan all around the arena, seeing the sea of flags currently raised up in response to the now charged atmosphere. Of course, the one minute was a relief to RTI employees working behind the scenes, it was ample time to tabulate the results and ensure that a valid result was presented at the end. It didn't take long for a producer to send a message to Apolonija through her earpiece, there was a result.

Apolonija: Alright! Alright! Let's settle down for a moment.

The crowd finally settled into a somewhat normal volume just in time for the voting reveal. Phase I of the voting was about to begin.

Apolonija: This is the moment we've all been waiting for, it's time for the results of the 29th World Hit Festival! Of course, before we continue on with the result, let's speak to RTI's General-Director, Dora Vidakovic, to see if we have a valid result. Dora, are you there?

The camera view switched to a part of the stage where the RTI producers were working. Surely enough, Dora was there with a wired microphone near her hand. She didn't seem used to speaking to such a large audience, but she looked enthusiastic and proud.

Dora: Yes, Apolonija. We can confirm that we have a full and valid result at hand. We've just finished tabulating the jury and televoting results and now hand it to you to present to the world. Now, we go back to you so we can find a winner of the 29th World Hit Festival. Take it away!

The camera then switched back to the stage, with a beaming Apolonija.

Apolonija: Thank you Dora! Alright, it's time to begin the voting reveal. All 10 nations have voted to provide us a total of 150 points that are spread throughout the countries. Of course, how we present the result is going to be a little different than last edition. For those that remembered how it went in Monterra and Kyvivre just recently, then we'll be treading very familiar waters. Of course, for the uninitiated, don't worry; I'll explain the rest soon.

There was a slight pause for Apolonija to catch her breath as the camera occasionally switched angles. Each space hereafter inbetween paragraphs represents a pause.

Apolonija: The votes are cast in a 1 through 5 points format. Which means, all your votes have been tabulated to reveal the top 5 favorite songs of your country, with 5 points going to your favorite all the way down to 1 for fifth. The way they're going to be revealed here is that we are going reveal them in two phases.

Apolonija: Phase I of the voting will focus on the lower 1-4 votes. I, the hostess, will be the one to reveal them and they'll go by rather quickly. I will ask the producers to put a nation's vote on the screen and we'll go through one-by-one. There'll be no active scoreboard here, so do keep track of your favorite as we move along this process. 100 points are available during Phase I, so a lot of the points are going to be cast here. Once Phase II ends, we'll take a brief half-time break and reveal the standings.

Apolonija: However, what about the other 50 points? This is where Phase II of the voting comes in. A country's national spokesperson will be the one to reveal who got the 5 points from each country. That's going to be 10 sets of 5 during this, so be warned, your country's fortunes can change if you find your nation being the recipient of many 5 points. Alright, now that we have explanations over with, let's begin! Let's reveal the scoreboard!

The above image is now plastered on the central screen behind Apolonija, with all broadcast feeds now showing that same image. This caused a massive reaction from the crowd; there was no turning back now...

Apolonija: Phase I of the voting begins now!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:00 pm

Apolonija: Alright, we'll kick off Phase I with Normandy and Picardy's lower votes. May we please see their 1 through 4 votes on the screen?

There was a huge crowd cheer with this being the first vote, as well as excitement seeing the host's name as one of the recipients. Of course, the 4 points recipient caused some to react with bewilderment, a cheer turning into a collective 'what!?' Somewhere in Normandy and Picardy, their spokesperson (who was watching a live feed of the results) could only go 'Comment? Pourquoi? Pourquoi...' After a few seconds, the names on the graphic faded as the camera was now on Apolonija.

Apolonija: Thank you for the votes! Now we move onto the next nation, Estogium.

4 points: Cosneolta
3 points: Izmedu
2 points: Polkopia
1 point: Mercedini

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:30 pm

Apolonija: May we see Estogium's 1 through 4 votes on the screen?

Another huge cheer for these sets of votes. It looked to be tight and rather spread out so far, for those keeping tabs in their head, many nations were now on the leaderboard.

Apolonija: Thank you for the votes! It looks interesting so far, doesn't it? It's not over yet, our next nation is Polkopia

4 points: Kalosia
3 points: Britonisea
2 points: Normandy and Picardy
1 point: West Phoenicia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Apolonija: May we please see Polkopia's 1 through 4 votes?

There was a deafening roar through the Dragulj Arena that was unleashed as these results came through. Apolonija could only smile and pause as it took a bit for the crowd to process the result.

Apolonija: We're not in Phase II just yet! Wow the energy in here is just off the charts... Anyway, thank you for the votes. Now, we'll move onto the next nation, Britonisea.

4 points: Izmedu
3 points: Anollasia
2 points: Mercedini
1 point: Normandy and Picardy

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Apolonija: May we please see Britonisea's 1-4 votes?

Another rousing cheer in the arena, especially from fans from the Ultimaverse. Now, every participating nation was now going into the results with some points at hand.

Apolonija: Every nation is now on the leaderboard! This is where things get interesting. Let's go over to the next nation, Mercedini.

4 points: Estogium
3 points: Mercedini
2 points: Anollasia
1 point: Cosneolta

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:30 pm

Apolonija: May we please have Mercedini's 1-4 votes on the screen?

Another cheer, this time from the Normand contingent in the crowd seeing as they got the largest set of points here, but fans of the listed nations cheered as well. Apolonija smiled and let it continue for a few seconds.

Apolonija: We are now halfway through Phase I, so only 50 points left remain from the lower votes. However, 100 points are still available total, so don't lose hope just yet! No breaks, we're continuing onto the next nation, West Phoenicia.

4 points: Normandy and Picardy
3 points: Estogium
2 points: Cosneolta
1 point: Kalosia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:00 pm

Apolonija: Let's have West Phoenicia's 1-4 votes on the screen.

The crowd cheer was relentless as many tried to calculate in their heads who was in the lead, and which nations have the most votes. The home stretch for Phase I was on sight.

Apolonija: It's only to going to get more interesting from here! Alright, now we're down to the last 4 votes of Phase I. We now turn to Anollasia.

4 points: Polkopia
2 points: Izmedu
1 point: Estogium
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Apolonija: May we get Anollasia's 1-4 votes on the screen?

The home stretch of Phase I would only cause the crowd to be locked in a perpetual frenzy for each nation. So far, the votes seem to be spread out, it was hard to decipher who seemed to be winning given how many names have appeared...

Apolonija: Not much long left until Phase I is complete. The next nation is Kalosia.

4 points: Normandy and Picardy
2 points: Britonisea

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Apolonija: Let's see what Kalosia's 1-4 votes are.

It was a massive cheer from the home crowd as the host country's name appeared on the screen. Was there to be a clear winner? Or was this simply a trick of the voting reveal?

Apolonija: The energy just keeps going into the stratosphere with you all. Alright, the next country is Izmedu.

4 points: Izmedu
3 points: Polkopia
2 points: Anollasia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:00 pm

Apolonija: Can we have Izmedu's 1-4 votes on the screen?

Hope began to course through the veins of fans listed on the screen. Maybe the Ultimaverse stood a chance, or Normandy and Picardy was on their way to another victory, or Mercedini could attain their first World Hit Festival win. Regardless, the atmosphere seemed to suggest things were still wide open, perhaps even moreso than earlier.

Apolonija: One more vote remains before we reveal the standings for Phase I. Cosneolta has the final word for this Phase.

4 points: Estogium
2 points: Normandy and Picardy
1 point: Mercedini

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:30 pm

Apolonija: May we have Cosneolta's 1-4 votes on the screen?

And that marked the end of Phase I, with the format fading from the screen as the camera re-focused itself on Apolonija once more.

Apolonija: That's the end of Phase I! We have now officially hit the half-time mark for the voting. 100 out of 150 points have just been given out, but dramatic changes could still be ahead of us. The nation that is in the lead can of course lose that spot, while a nation that might not be doing so well may find themselves at the podium, or even winning, tonight.

4 points: Anollasia
2 points: Britonisea
1 point: West Phoenicia

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates