NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:00 am

Argh power went out for almost 2 hours, sorry to cut out of IRC.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:13 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:Argh power went out for almost 2 hours, sorry to cut out of IRC.

/pats

I'll be back there in a sec!
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:19 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Cerillium wrote:I have never seen the chat so empty. :blink:

@Agy. Will have an Opa reply tomorrow.

Colleague and former NSer unexpectedly arrived this morning. He kept it a surprise, and was he surprised to find the spare room already taken! Was hoping to introduce you all to him. Maybe tomorrow.

It's been a long day.

Would love to meet him!

Tonight's my only night off other than Christmas eve and Christmas day. Gonna go watch Rogue One with my mom who is responsible for my Jedi training at a very young age.

Then it's back to work. It's been a rough end of the year.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:50 am

Jedi training? Oh, Mon, you misguided soul.

The Dark Side of The Force has so much to offer.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:05 pm

Sorry for all the delaying. I've been in a funk and drama has been keeping me distracted. I plan on posting tonight and get thing moving. Again, I'm sorry for stalling so long.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:33 pm

If I ever play a family of characters, I plan to have this exchange:

"Just go up there and have an open, honest, father-to-son chat."
"Darth Vader had an open, honest, father-to-son chat, and his kid threw himself into an abyss."
"Okay, if there's one thing Star Wars taught us, it is that force users are shit with kids. They all wind up either dead, evil, or orphaned on a desert planet. But you are not a force user."
"*holds out hand, speaks hypnotically* Or am I...?"
"*slap*"
"Ow!"
"Now."
"Oh fine, I'm going, I'm going..."
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:48 pm

I had the Jedi mind trick down at four. Unfortunately, that wasn't meaning much since I didn't know enough about anything to have it really be effective.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:16 pm

plosted. Imma go to bed nao. It was quite a draining day today.
Last edited by Ganonsyoni on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Saw the movie, made the post, now to go get something to eat before I die.

Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:44 pm

Monfrox wrote:Saw the movie, made the post, now to go get something to eat before I die.

Take care of yourself. People often forget that you can get physically sick from stress, especially during winter when sickness is already flying. Eat the right foods, get plenty of sleep, take just a few seconds to talk to your family and unload whatever is on your mind - just venting is often the best medicine for your situation.
she/her

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Giovenith wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Saw the movie, made the post, now to go get something to eat before I die.

Take care of yourself. People often forget that you can get physically sick from stress, especially during winter when sickness is already flying. Eat the right foods, get plenty of sleep, take just a few seconds to talk to your family and unload whatever is on your mind - just venting is often the best medicine for your situation.

I've tried but my mom and dad are continuing to push me towards other options when I keep telling them to let me do it on my own. I love them, and I'm glad for their support, but I'm getting to that age where I need to start doing stuff. Not have my parents shove me into it. I'm trying to talk with them over it but it's not getting through as much as I'd like.

Achievement

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:24 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

I've tried but my mom and dad are continuing to push me towards other options when I keep telling them to let me do it on my own. I love them, and I'm glad for their support, but I'm getting to that age where I need to start doing stuff. Not have my parents shove me into it. I'm trying to talk with them over it but it's not getting through as much as I'd like.

Any of us PL peeps are all ears too.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Hey, Guys...

I'll still be posting, or I can try to. Have to be stingy, thanks to not having wifi and now dealing with some stupid phone bills - a certain dumb family member on our plan ran it up, so now we're in a really tight spot.

Anyways...would anyone like to work something out, and maybe shoot texts or something? Just asking because I won't be able to use E-Mails or an IRC client if I want to save data to post on NS, and I really appreciate just being able to chat. My day is dull otherwise. I can't count on family to talk to, or anyone else, so it's just me and my dogs.

And I just get really lonely when I spend the entire day without talking to someone . I'm not in a good mood, I feel like crap, and I just can't talk to any family members.

I'm feeling really down tonight.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:11 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:
Hey, Guys...

I'll still be posting, or I can try to. Have to be stingy, thanks to not having wifi and now dealing with some stupid phone bills - a certain dumb family member on our plan ran it up, so now we're in a really tight spot.

Anyways...would anyone like to work something out, and maybe shoot texts or something? Just asking because I won't be able to use E-Mails or an IRC client if I want to save data to post on NS, and I really appreciate just being able to chat. My day is dull otherwise. I can't count on family to talk to, or anyone else, so it's just me and my dogs.

And I just get really lonely when I spend the entire day without talking to someone . I'm not in a good mood, I feel like crap, and I just can't talk to any family members.

It's like being on a remote island, alone, without any tech. I'd offer my number but that reveals not only my name but my place of employment. Taboo for me.

Can anyone lend a hand?

We can place Torii in the middle somewhere. There are plenty of people with her to fill in gaps and we need to pick up the pace to be done by the Christmas feast. I don't believe Tilt will mind if you post slowly or offer short posts to ease data usage. Tilt, you okay with it?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:20 pm

I'll still post regularly, and try to post as fast as possible. It's just that I'm cut off from chatting or anything like that, and that kills me. I'm usually alone and active later in the day, so...I usually don't have anyone else to talk to.

It suuuucks. The only others things I have to do are play a game or watch TV, or just...sit there, considering my schedule...that's why I'm always hanging around. I chat more here than I do IRL now because I'm always up when other people are busy or asleep.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:
Hey, Guys...

It's like being on a remote island, alone, without any tech. I'd offer my number but that reveals not only my name but my place of employment. Taboo for me.

Can anyone lend a hand?

We can place Torii in the middle somewhere. There are plenty of people with her to fill in gaps and we need to pick up the pace to be done by the Christmas feast. I don't believe Tilt will mind if you post slowly or offer short posts to ease data usage. Tilt, you okay with it?

izfine.mov *nods*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:10 pm

A while back when I said I'd join.......I'll prob. do it soon-ish.

But it's a long app.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:30 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:A while back when I said I'd join.......I'll prob. do it soon-ish.

But it's a long app.

Take your time with the app, there's no rush. The goal is to make your character as rounded as possible with plenty of room for growth and development. It may sound daunting, but that's why we're here (not just the GM and Co-Ops, but the PL crew) to assist if ya need it -nodnods-

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:A while back when I said I'd join.......I'll prob. do it soon-ish.

But it's a long app.

Take your time with the app, there's no rush. The goal is to make your character as rounded as possible with plenty of room for growth and development. It may sound daunting, but that's why we're here (not just the GM and Co-Ops, but the PL crew) to assist if ya need it -nodnods-

Yeah, I'll start the app I guess.

But, obviously, I'll be a little busy this week.

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Application (WIP)

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:52 pm

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname:Beare-Mor, or Beare

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced):Eh, between Beginner and Intermediate, I guess.

How often can you post?On average, multiple times a day.

CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name:Mikael Lunden

Character Gender:Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Appearance:Mikael can be found often with a smile upn his face, his jet black hair laying flat close to his head. He is often seen with a t-shirt of some sort, usually red, and a pair of jeans. He usually wears white sneakers, and his eyes are the colour of blue. He stands at 5' 10''.

URL to Character Picture, if any:

Character Occupation:Librarian

OBJECTIVES
Primary Objectives are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Secondary Objectives are minor goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective:He wishes to discover the extent of his powers, even at the cost of others. To achieve this, he will charge headlong into danger thinking that mortal danger will awaken the extents of his abilities.

Secondary Objectives: Explore the world(s). He wishes to map out the worlds he make discover.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
He can memorize things very well.
He can read English, at least, very fast and comprehend things easily.
He has an eloquent vocabulary.
Librarian
Able to think logically.
Organizes things.
Can read and comprehend Latin

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, wizarding, piloting etc.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Quantum Theory - 4
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Language Study - 3
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent:
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent:

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time.

• Ability 1:Photokinetic Constructs
    Power Level: 5
    Strengths: Weapons, Armour, anything can be made from photons if there are sources of light nearby. This can be from something small as a candle to the sun during the day.
    Weaknesses: The smaller the light source, the weaker the constructs.
    Restrictions: Longer he uses the constructs, the weaker he gets until he eventually collapses. If he uses too many constructs too much, he could eventually die.

• Ability 2:Photokinetic Flight -
    Power Level: 2
    Strengths: He can fly as long as there is a source of light.
    Weaknesses: Smaller the source, the faster he uses it when flying.
    Restrictions: Can only draw from one source of light at a time, and he cannot draw from another source when falling through the air as he won't have been able to concentrate as much.

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet.

List:
-Light Crystal!!! - It can change the color of the photons Mikael uses, instead of the default yellow or white. If he loses it, he can't change the color of the constructs he makes.

EQUIPMENT
This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker.

List:
-A journal
-A mechanical pencil with different types of lead
-erasers
-his outfit

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character aquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary and secondary objectives into it.

Education or Training:He completed Secondary School (High School)

Character Background/Biography:It wasn't odd for Mikael to be found with his face stuffed in a book, in fact he most nearly always had one with him. He started reading back in Primary School, and he was unlike anybody in his family. His parents didn't read much, but they were glad he had something to do. Mikael didn't have too many friends, but those he did he trusted completely. But it was when he started reading, all sorts of books, that he wished to explore the world. Map all the worlds, for he was interested in the maps he found within the books he read. So, after Secondary School he headed to Cartography school, to learn how to make maps. He learned quite alot about maps here, but he couldn't stay for very long. It was during this time that his abilities manifested themselves. When suddenly things began to be made around him, and he began to get headaches and pains, he realized that he was the one making these things. Fearful, he went away from the school, and went in search for answers. In the modern world, not many people would know of his abilities, or how to help him, so he had learned to be discreet. Eventually he found an old tome that actually spoke of magic such as his, and a crystal that could benefit him. By this time, he was 27 now, he had learned how to use his powers, but he doesn't quite know the extent of it. He doesn't know how powerful he could be. So, he dived into his books, forsaking any friends he had in search of his knowledge. He found the crystal he was looking for. It was an ordinary gem to any mundane human, but him, a photokinetic, he felt that it was different. The crystal was in a musuem, and when they opened the display up on the first day, Mikael stole away with it using his abilities. He didn't like that he had done so, but he needed to know the true properties of the crystal. Afterward, he managed to find work at a library, which gives him ample time to read, as nobody seems to come to the library any more. While his curiousity about the world was still there, he wished to figure out the extent of his powers furst and foremost, and he feels like the best way to do that would be to continue learning, to continue using his powers. Out of sight of the regular humans, of course. So, to this day, he continues working at the same library trying to figure out his powers, and he reads many, many, many books.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) Here it is.

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)
http://forum.nationstates.net/./viewtop ... #p30696956
http://forum.nationstates.net/./viewtop ... #p30098030

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS:Beare-Mor, or Beare
Character Name:Mikael Lunden
Image Link:
Brief Description for Bio:Mikael grew up reading, alot. He was also fascinated by maps, and how to make them. So, he went to Cartography school, but left because his powers happened. He then stole a crystal from a musuem using his powers and has since worked in a library, reading, learning, practicing.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.
Last edited by The Irish County of the Beare-Mor on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 pm

@Mon: not sure what to make of your post, but response coming up in a bit.

@Everyone: my appearance online's gonna be spotty starting tomorrow, going on Christmas vacation. I will try to post once I can get a hold of internet there.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Slowly but surely going through my app.

Got to say, most extensive app I've ever done. I'll have it done by January. Maybe.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:17 pm

Hey, another librarian character, but one that isn't a pony! :p
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:18 pm

Holy Lykos wrote:Hey, another librarian character, but one that isn't a pony! :p

I like reading....alot, and that was the first thing that popped int omy head. But dis librarian haz powahz!

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:20 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:Hey, another librarian character, but one that isn't a pony! :p

I like reading....alot, and that was the first thing that popped int omy head. But dis librarian haz powahz!

So does Sterling. Interesting character so far though, Beare
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of