NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:The Lamest Heroes -Comedy, Supers - OOC/Closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

404-Name not found
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby 404-Name not found » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:29 pm

A little note on Liam's power. He can motivate people, however, he can't completely control what they are motivated to do, though he can vaguely direct it. Do your worst, irony!
Why is it that the more radical any belief, the more vocal its supporters are?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:20 am

EVERYONE -

I have updated the "Cast" spoiler list on the original post. Please check it out. Not only does it look a lot nicer, but it also has some added features like listing who the country / region is that does the posting for the character.

I also added a new list of characters: INACTIVES. Again, the definition of Inactive is anyone I as the OP consider to be Inactive. It is completely subjective, and I have no shame at doing that. If your character has been listed as INACTIVE and you think it is a mistake, the quickest and easiest way to prove me wrong is to post. I'll move any characters that are listed as inactives, and post, back into the actives.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sphinxatopd » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Gee, I didn't realize this was still alive. When i get time Captain Andorra will return!

Also, what has happened?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:28 pm

Sphinxatopd wrote:Gee, I didn't realize this was still alive. When i get time Captain Andorra will return!

Also, what has happened?

Um, funny that you should ask. In a fight with the villainous Can-Can Man on the roof of the 50 story skyscraper of Zeke Enterprises, the Can-Can Man forced Captain Andorra off the roof. He's falling, however, now with a warphole at the bottom that brings him back to the top of the skyscraper again. Where he falls (and has for like, 4 times now). Also, there' a whole plethora of kittens that are falling with him. Long story. I think the fight is going to be done soon though, say within the next few posts I make.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Sphinxatopd » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Yeah, that sounds pretty average for the infintes. I guess I'll let you figure out how he escapes. Might even make another hero, or a villain.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:44 pm

Sphinxatopd wrote:Yeah, that sounds pretty average for the infintes. I guess I'll let you figure out how he escapes. Might even make another hero, or a villain.

How he escapes? First we save him and now we have to make sure he doesn't stay in that infinite loop of workholes and kittens?

*sigh*

Maybe I can use my kittens to save him somehow.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:56 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:
Sphinxatopd wrote:Yeah, that sounds pretty average for the infintes. I guess I'll let you figure out how he escapes. Might even make another hero, or a villain.

How he escapes? First we save him and now we have to make sure he doesn't stay in that infinite loop of workholes and kittens?

*sigh*

Maybe I can use my kittens to save him somehow.

See, the problem is that those wormholes are being created by the one hero who, if he becomes aware of what he's doing, it stops instantly. So Andorra's safe... for now... but if Aesculapius finds out what he's doing, it could be splat city.

Hmmm. If only the one hero that we have who can FLY would do so...

As for you, Beare-Mor, you may be needed to take out the Can-Can Man. Jus' sayin'...

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Sphinxatopd » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:01 pm

Talchyon wrote:
See, the problem is that those wormholes are being created by the one hero who, if he becomes aware of what he's doing, it stops instantly. So Andorra's safe... for now... but if Aesculapius finds out what he's doing, it could be splat city.

As for you, Beare-Mor, you may be needed to take out the Can-Can Man. Jus' sayin'...

He might just catch something and not fall. He has slightly more endurance than the average olympian

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Sphinxatopd wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

He might just catch something and not fall. He has slightly more endurance than the average olympian

That would be pretty funny, actually. "Yeah, that cell phone antennae hanging off the side that I missed the first three times past? I'm going to get it now!"

And then, having to dodge all of the kittens that are raining down on him, too. :)

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Sphinxatopd wrote:He might just catch something and not fall. He has slightly more endurance than the average olympian

That would be pretty funny, actually. "Yeah, that cell phone antennae hanging off the side that I missed the first three times past? I'm going to get it now!"

And then, having to dodge all of the kittens that are raining down on him, too. :)

Aren't the kittens below him?
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:13 pm

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Aren't the kittens below him?

Let's assume the wormholes conserve energy, so you will hit the top with the same momentum that you entered the bottom.

Now, let's take into account air resistance and gravity. Now, they have been falling for, well, 8 seconds each trip. That is well enough time to reach maximum speed. Now, humans and kittens have differing masses, therefore the coefficient of drag is different for each one. Due to this, air resistance is different on the kittens, and therefore they fall faster. Their acceleration may now well be 0, so they aren't getting any faster, but their max. velocity is faster than any old persons. So, the kittens will eventually fall enough times to pass him from above.

Or maybe I am thinking too much into this.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:30 pm

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:Aren't the kittens below him?

Let's assume the wormholes conserve energy, so you will hit the top with the same momentum that you entered the bottom.

Now, let's take into account air resistance and gravity. Now, they have been falling for, well, 8 seconds each trip. That is well enough time to reach maximum speed. Now, humans and kittens have differing masses, therefore the coefficient of drag is different for each one. Due to this, air resistance is different on the kittens, and therefore they fall faster. Their acceleration may now well be 0, so they aren't getting any faster, but their max. velocity is faster than any old persons. So, the kittens will eventually fall enough times to pass him from above.

Ok then.
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:24 pm

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:Aren't the kittens below him?

Beare-Mor -

Let me just say that I love having you yourself as a player for things like this.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:06 am

Talchyon wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Let's assume the wormholes conserve energy, so you will hit the top with the same momentum that you entered the bottom.

Beare-Mor -

Let me just say that I love having you yourself as a player for things like this.

Physics for the win! Who cares if I am applying physics to a fictional setting?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:10 am

Whalestron -

You posted an app in the IC. Please kindly delete that (or turn it into a post), and then move the app over here.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:12 am

Whalestron wrote:Name: Nikoli Tessoslav
Codename: N/A
Sex: Male
Appearance: He is a two foot tall brown teddy bear from Russia. There's not much else that can be said..
Biography: Nikoli was a gift to an orphanage in Russia, having not been sentient at the time. He was thrown out onto the streets when the children grew bored of him. He was picked up by a particularly odd 'scientist' who decided he would try to bring him to life, for whatever reason. Well, said scientist managed to do it with a little bit of alien technology slash human magic. Nikoli was instantly a villainous Russian communist teddy bear who hated the 'capitalist pigs' in America. He somehow wound his way over to the miscreants of Minnesota.
Powers: He doesn't have any real powers other than being able to make weapons appear randomly. Specifically Soviet WWII weapons. Oh, yeah, who said he was good at shooting?
(Everything below should be read in a Russian accent, <3)

Describe your abilities: I have many abilities, comrade, specifically being able to fight very very well with both fist and gun.
Why did you turn to crime: I would not call it crime, as I'm purging this planet of the so called vigilantes that call themselves the Infinites
Why did you further become a supervillain: I do not know, it was career I was pretty much born to do
How do you feel about the Infinites: Bah! Wretched nuisance and overall just plague of earth
What's your end goal: To get rid of all human- I mean, destroy the Infinites!
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: I will torture them with light tickles until they forfeit information I need
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: What is monologue?
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): Mwahahahhaha!
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): Nikoli cannot fail, is ridiculous idea!
Any lines you won't cross: Nikoli will not go after children, is against moral standards, and unless a girl is spy, I will not lay a finger on her
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: Yes, Nikoli would love an archenemy!

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:16 am

I fixed it. I goofed up, thought I posted it in the OOC XD

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Appearance: He is a two foot tall brown teddy bear from Russia. There's not much else that can be said..
Biography: Nikoli was a gift to an orphanage in Russia, having not been sentient at the time. He was thrown out onto the streets when the children grew bored of him. He was picked up by a particularly odd 'scientist' who decided he would try to bring him to life, for whatever reason. Well, said scientist managed to do it with a little bit of alien technology slash human magic. Nikoli was instantly a villainous Russian communist teddy bear who hated the 'capitalist pigs' in America. He somehow wound his way over to the miscreants of Minnesota.
Powers: He doesn't have any real powers other than being able to make weapons appear randomly. Specifically Soviet WWII weapons. Oh, yeah, who said he was good at shooting?

Describe your abilities: I have many abilities, comrade, specifically being able to fight very very well with both fist and gun.
Why did you turn to crime: I would not call it crime, as I'm purging this planet of the so called vigilantes that call themselves the Infinites
Why did you further become a supervillain: I do not know, it was career I was pretty much born to do
How do you feel about the Infinites: Bah! Wretched nuisance and overall just plague of earth
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: I will torture them with light tickles until they forfeit information I need
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: What is monologue?
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): Mwahahahhaha!
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): Nikoli cannot fail, is ridiculous idea!
Any lines you won't cross: Nikoli will not go after children, is against moral standards, and unless a girl is spy, I will not lay a finger on her
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: Yes, Nikoli would love an archenemy!

I like the concept. I think you should bring this character in, but I'm a little on the fence about the power. Weapons creation - that's kind of OP for us.

I can think of a few comedic ways around it, though. The weapons you create are all human sized, which makes things bigger for a communist teddy bear to use comfortably (such as, you have to wrap your whole hand over the trigger instead of just one finger, and "bear hug" ( :) ) the weapon to fire it.

They'd also have to jam pretty frequently, being not new models of these weapons, but the old, not quite-in-tip-top-shape weapons from eras past.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:42 pm

Talchyon wrote:I like the concept. I think you should bring this character in, but I'm a little on the fence about the power. Weapons creation - that's kind of OP for us.

I can think of a few comedic ways around it, though. The weapons you create are all human sized, which makes things bigger for a communist teddy bear to use comfortably (such as, you have to wrap your whole hand over the trigger instead of just one finger, and "bear hug" ( :) ) the weapon to fire it.

They'd also have to jam pretty frequently, being not new models of these weapons, but the old, not quite-in-tip-top-shape weapons from eras past.

Yeah, that's what I was planning. I don't plan on ever letting him hit a hero unless it's absolutely just a strand of hair XD, if he does then it's just dumb luck.

He's able to hold the weapons with ease, at least as easy as a small child holding a heavy gun, but the recoil will be terrible for him. I'd make sure I make him mess up constantly, especially whenever there's an opportunity for comedy

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Whalestron wrote:
Talchyon wrote:I like the concept. I think you should bring this character in, but I'm a little on the fence about the power. Weapons creation - that's kind of OP for us.

Yeah, that's what I was planning. I don't plan on ever letting him hit a hero unless it's absolutely just a strand of hair XD, if he does then it's just dumb luck.

He's able to hold the weapons with ease, at least as easy as a small child holding a heavy gun, but the recoil will be terrible for him. I'd make sure I make him mess up constantly, especially whenever there's an opportunity for comedy

Then he is accepted. Welcome to the Villains of the Infinites.
-Please post your original as a post here, instead of just me relying on Pando's reposting of your post. It will make it easier to link to.
- He should start with Dolor, trying to get the cows.
- Oh, and one way to enhance the funny here is by typing in how we would hear a Russian accent. Maybe search how to say a Russian accent and see what you find.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Name: Nikoli Tessoslav

Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): Mwahahahaha!

Okay, there's my complete thing. Where should I put him at on the farm?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:01 pm

Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): Mwahahahaha!

Okay, there's my complete thing. Where should I put him at on the farm?

With Jason Dolor is fine. You can have been in the car. And, as the running joke goes here in this RP, you were there the whole time and didn't just miraculously appear out of nowhere.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:57 pm

I should totally make a guy that just appears from nowhere.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:23 pm

VILLAINS -

Just as a heads-up. You will be seeing a fight soon with an NPC. And, Diet Cola may have an idea as to how to round up cows. He's near, and will approach you guys. And then, after he tries something... FIGHT.

Jus' sayin'.

Sphinxatopd
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Sphinxatopd » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:59 am

I was going to post over the weekend, but then i got a fever that basically kept me in bed for three days.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse