NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:The Lamest Heroes -Comedy, Supers - OOC/Closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:45 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Let's try this, shall we? I decided to be a semi-cliche insane "doctor"-y fellow who hates basically everyone. He also happens to be in endless torment/suffering that is semi-comical when you think about it.

Let me know if it's "too serious", but I was kind of going for a vaguely serious villain.

Name: Jonathan "John" Gray
Codename: Plague Doctor / The Doctor
Sex: M.
Appearance: this.
Biography: Jonathan Gray was a normal guy. Until, it turns out, he wasn't. He became very, very sick one day and almost died. He didn't... but he never got better. It turns out that, somehow, his body became modified through unknown means to carry every disease possible at once without dying. Jonathan Gray eventually learned he could control all the diseases he was afflicted with, as well as manipulate and create new ones. Using this power, he became known as Plague Doctor; or simply, the Doctor. He made himself a nice plague doctor-y costume from the good old days.

Now, he's made a name for himself as the Doctor; not one who gets you better, but one who gets you lethally sick. Unfortunately, as a backfire, he must suffer these illnesses all the time - without dying or fatigue, thankfully. He can move around and such, but he's almost under constant pain (unless he's on morphine). The Doctor likes to use his powers for his own interests, as well as to experiment on people for fun. He also grew a disdain for most people due to his endless suffering. He is never seen out of costume because all the diseases he has have rendered him permanently scarred and disfigured.
Powers: Disease Immunity, Disease Manipulation, Disease Creation, Disease Inducement.

Describe your abilities: John/The Doctor is immune to all diseases by virtue of already having them. He can manipulate said diseases and control them, as well as induce them in others and create new ones (as a consequence, though, he must suffer any new diseases he creates... except, without any death that may be involved).
Why did you turn to crime: For fun, and because he's genuinely pissed off at the world for screwing him over.
Why did you further become a supervillain: He hates the world and wants to make it his playground for disease and filth.
How do you feel about the Infinites: Heroes go die.
What's your end goal: To make everyone suffer as he does, to become rich and possibly to kill off as many disgusting heroes as possible.
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: The Doctor infects them with a disease of his choosing, and then sends them off to infect as many people as possible.
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: The Doctor very rarely monologues.
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh: this-ish.
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar: The above but angry sounding and more growly/coughing.
Any lines you won't cross: What's a line?
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: The Doctor hates everyone pretty equally, so I'd say that he can be enemies with anyone; even other villains.

VOID - Good to see you, man. Hope you're doing good. Thanks for your interest in the Infinites. Definitely not your typical superhero story.

There are many things I like about your villain, especially his really weird costume and laugh/cough. However, the thing about the Infinites is that we're all D-level superheroes / villains. Almost any "normal" supervillain you've had in the past is going to be WAY too overpowered for this group. For our heroes, we have a guy who shoots kittens out of a tech cannon he built, a girl who can fly (slow) but has no inertia to keep going, Siamese twins (one who can animate origami, and the other who can do anything as long as he's not aware of it happening, and plus he's only in it for the laughs). NPC heroes are a guy who can shoot calculators at people, a guy who can manipulate tea (but only the small amount he carries with him), etc. You get the gist.

In other words, you're going to have to tone your plague doctor down.

Can I say he has to make physical contact, and can only infect people with diseases he already has, as well as being only able to semi-manipulate the disease has has? Nix the disease creation tho...

Would that work?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:55 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

VOID - Good to see you, man. Hope you're doing good. Thanks for your interest in the Infinites. Definitely not your typical superhero story.

There are many things I like about your villain, especially his really weird costume and laugh/cough. However, the thing about the Infinites is that we're all D-level superheroes / villains. Almost any "normal" supervillain you've had in the past is going to be WAY too overpowered for this group. For our heroes, we have a guy who shoots kittens out of a tech cannon he built, a girl who can fly (slow) but has no inertia to keep going, Siamese twins (one who can animate origami, and the other who can do anything as long as he's not aware of it happening, and plus he's only in it for the laughs). NPC heroes are a guy who can shoot calculators at people, a guy who can manipulate tea (but only the small amount he carries with him), etc. You get the gist.

In other words, you're going to have to tone your plague doctor down.

Can I say he has to make physical contact, and can only infect people with diseases he already has, as well as being only able to semi-manipulate the disease has has? Nix the disease creation tho...

Would that work?

It's still kind of overpowered. How about, he has all these sicknesses and can't be killed by them (as before), but he can only give the heroes the most mundane of diseases (flu, chicken pox, a common cold, cataracts, etc...) - definitely nothing fatal, and nothing chronic either (like ALS or cerebral palsy or the like).

And then, you could have like a running gag where each post you make, you describe the symptoms you're having of a different disease (which, symptoms will differ in the next post because you'll be describing something else...) How's that?

How's that
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Would that work?

It's still kind of overpowered. How about, he has all these sicknesses and can't be killed by them (as before), but he can only give the heroes the most mundane of diseases (flu, chicken pox, a common cold, cataracts, etc...) - definitely nothing fatal, and nothing chronic either (like ALS or cerebral palsy or the like).

And then, you could have like a running gag where each post you make, you describe the symptoms you're having of a different disease (which, symptoms will differ in the next post because you'll be describing something else...) How's that?

How's that

Eh... I dunno... maybe the only fatal diseases he can give are easily treatable/curable ones, and no chronic ones along with the mundane ones?

That'd be good, I think.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:04 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

How's that

Eh... I dunno... maybe the only fatal diseases he can give are easily treatable/curable ones, and no chronic ones along with the mundane ones?

That'd be good, I think.

Ok, so like, nothing like cancer then. I could go along with fatal diseases being given that are easily treatable. ("Fortunately, I had some Tylenol on me"!) This guy could be fun. Ok then, welcome to the Infinites!

If you want to join the other villains, they are on a quest - an odd quest from some holographic bigwig powered guy who's giving them all a million dollars if they'll follow his instructions. Plus, they get to help take down the Minnesota Infinites. The quest right now for the villains is: to bring 50 cows back to him to the villains' headquarters (which, kind of demolished by falling anvils, but that's another story). The NPC villain Diet Cola managed to get almost 1000 cows out of a fence in some pasture, but he doesn't have a ride anymore, so the PC villains are going to help him round up the cattle that they need and give him a ride back. (You could drive, even. The villain Jason Dolor is offering you keys)...
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:07 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

That'd be good, I think.

Ok, so like, nothing like cancer then. I could go along with fatal diseases being given that are easily treatable. ("Fortunately, I had some Tylenol on me"!) This guy could be fun. Ok then, welcome to the Infinites!

If you want to join the other villains, they are on a quest - an odd quest from some holographic bigwig powered guy who's giving them all a million dollars if they'll follow his instructions. Plus, they get to help take down the Minnesota Infinites. The quest right now for the villains is: to bring 50 cows back to him to the villains' headquarters (which, kind of demolished by falling anvils, but that's another story). The NPC villain Diet Cola managed to get almost 1000 cows out of a fence in some pasture, but he doesn't have a ride anymore, so the PC villains are going to help him round up the cattle that they need and give him a ride back. (You could drive, even. The villain Jason Dolor is offering you keys)...

I will edit the app in the morning as I am tired atm, but yay!

Also, the Doctor's a bit of a loner because... well, yeah.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:12 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Excellent then! Also, just so you know, we have a stricter ban on profanity than some RPs. It's basically outlawed. So, keep that in mind.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:47 am

Talchyon wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Excellent then! Also, just so you know, we have a stricter ban on profanity than some RPs. It's basically outlawed. So, keep that in mind.

Don't worry, if he tries to curse, I'll have him go into a coughing fit instead.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:35 am

So, I posted....and I hope I did my math correctly, and....er...there's 50 stories right? And it's an office building?
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Now, how to introduce the Doctor.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:32 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:So, I posted....and I hope I did my math correctly, and....er...there's 50 stories right? And it's an office building?

Yes, it is a 50 story office building, and I really don't care if your math was or was not correct. 8 seconds should be fine.

I should mention, heroes - ANYBODY WHO CAN SAVE CAPTAIN ANDORRA FROM CERTAIN DOOM CREATIVELY GETS POINTS. (And points matter as much as the price of the Teetotaler's tea from China in a tire shop - in other words, the points don't matter).

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:33 pm

The V O I D wrote:Now, how to introduce the Doctor.

Are you looking for ideas, or just musing to yourself? I can offer an idea or so if you wish.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Now, how to introduce the Doctor.

Are you looking for ideas, or just musing to yourself? I can offer an idea or so if you wish.

Please do.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:38 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

Please do.

How about the good doctor is introduced at a 24-hr. pharmacy, trying to get supplies even though he knows they're not going to work? As he's looking at all the medicines, trying to decide what he needs most and to figure out what he can afford, he decides forget it, rob the place.

Sound ok?

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:40 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
Please do.

How about the good doctor is introduced at a 24-hr. pharmacy, trying to get supplies even though he knows they're not going to work? As he's looking at all the medicines, trying to decide what he needs most and to figure out what he can afford, he decides forget it, rob the place.

Sound ok?

Hmmm. Sure. I can work with that; will try to post tonight or in the morning.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:So, I posted....and I hope I did my math correctly, and....er...there's 50 stories right? And it's an office building?

Yes, it is a 50 story office building, and I really don't care if your math was or was not correct. 8 seconds should be fine.

I should mention, heroes - ANYBODY WHO CAN SAVE CAPTAIN ANDORRA FROM CERTAIN DOOM CREATIVELY GETS POINTS. (And points matter as much as the price of the Teetotaler's tea from China in a tire shop - in other words, the points don't matter).

I have an idea! If somebosy doesn't save him when I wake up tomorrow, I'll post.

Andi f it is 50 sotries, the fall is approx. 8 seconds. Perks of being in physics, you can solve stuff like this.

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:08 am

Ok...I want it to be known that Mikael is doing eberything really, or at least really humanly fast. So, talking fast and all that. He only has 8 seconds anyway.

But I did a thing that might save him.

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:21 am

Oh, how I've dreamed of this...

Tag.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:29 am

I should have a post up today, folks
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

404-Name not found
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby 404-Name not found » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Name: Liam Soothe
Codename: The Motivator
Sex: Male
Appearance:

Bio: Ever since his childhood, Liam was an optimist, always giving others the benefit of the doubt and generally assuming that everything was amazing. This attitude has somehow not been broken by years of bullying, mockery and exposure to the news. Now an adult, he seeks to right the world's wrongs and lead humanity into a brighter future.
Powers: Unstoppable enthusiasm, contagious optimism and the ability to inspire through sheer relentlessness, no matter the situation. Always seems to have a megaphone on hand, for some reason, even when it would seem physically impossible, though unfortunately it seems to vanish upon contact with objects.

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: Well, I can inspire people to do great things. Not amazing on its own, but I honestly believe if we can work together, we can change the world! I also have this really cool megaphone, so I can inspire over long distances.
Why did you become a superhero:I wanted to make a difference, see the sights, y'know? And this seemed like the best way to do that.
What are your goals for the future: All I want is to make the world a better place!
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): His power is useless if he's alone, and still not that good even if he has aid. He's also been known to browse the internet in his spare time solely for the purpose of sending a constant stream of "inspirational" images he stole from google images.
How would you describe your talents?: I can persevere through even the worst of times, and I make sure others can too.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) The fact that it is nigh-impossible to take him seriously, because of how upbeat he is.
What are your strengths?: I always look on the bright side, no matter what.
What are your weaknesses?: I'm a bit gullible, I guess?
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Overly trustworthy
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I can keep team morale up, I guess?
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?):He's just not particularly interesting or noteworthy.
Why is it that the more radical any belief, the more vocal its supporters are?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:23 pm

404-Name not found wrote:Name: Liam Soothe
Codename: The Motivator
Sex: Male
Appearance:
Bio: Ever since his childhood, Liam was an optimist, always giving others the benefit of the doubt and generally assuming that everything was amazing. This attitude has somehow not been broken by years of bullying, mockery and exposure to the news. Now an adult, he seeks to right the world's wrongs and lead humanity into a brighter future.
Powers: Unstoppable enthusiasm, contagious optimism and the ability to inspire through sheer relentlessness, no matter the situation. Always seems to have a megaphone on hand, for some reason, even when it would seem physically impossible, though unfortunately it seems to vanish upon contact with objects.

(Things in parentheses are OOC. The rest of this is IC. A form for your character to answer.)

Describe your abilities: Well, I can inspire people to do great things. Not amazing on its own, but I honestly believe if we can work together, we can change the world! I also have this really cool megaphone, so I can inspire over long distances.
Why did you become a superhero:I wanted to make a difference, see the sights, y'know? And this seemed like the best way to do that.
What are your goals for the future: All I want is to make the world a better place!
(Why is this character with the Minnesota Infinites. In other words, why do they kind of suck?): His power is useless if he's alone, and still not that good even if he has aid. He's also been known to browse the internet in his spare time solely for the purpose of sending a constant stream of "inspirational" images he stole from google images.
How would you describe your talents?: I can persevere through even the worst of times, and I make sure others can too.
(What about your character's talents make them a D-lister?) The fact that it is nigh-impossible to take him seriously, because of how upbeat he is.
What are your strengths?: I always look on the bright side, no matter what.
What are your weaknesses?: I'm a bit gullible, I guess?
(Any other flaws? Maladjusted personality? Social issues? Unmarketable aspects?): Overly trustworthy
Why should you if given the opportunity be allowed to advance in the Infinites?: I can keep team morale up, I guess?
(Why does the press hate or ignore you?):He's just not particularly interesting or noteworthy.

Accepted! Welcome to the Minnesota Infinites, Motivator! Nice appearance picture, as well!

So... since you're a hero, here's the run down. The Minnesota Infinites of which you are currently a member has received a bomb threat that their town will be blown up by an unknown supervillain, unless they gave all their money at a certain location at a certain time. They came early to check it out, and found out the location was on top of the Zeke Enterprises 50-story tall skyscraper in Orient, Minnesota (pop. 2000). And it was a trap! The heroes are in the middle of a fight with a supervillain named "The Can-Can Man" who has by his pretty lame power, caused the heroes to wear ruffled dresses and dance to the can-can on the roof. Oh, and one of the heroes was moved off the roof, falling to his death... and you guys are trying to save him.

Join in. You can RP as if you've been there the whole time.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:44 pm

Pando, didn't see that you had opened the wormhole thing. Woops. Let's have a few kittens fall through the wormhole, eh?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:26 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Pando, didn't see that you had opened the wormhole thing. Woops. Let's have a few kittens fall through the wormhole, eh?

I personally think it would be hilarious if all the kittens fell through the wormhole. Then, it's like an ongoing loop. Captain Andorra... and a boatloads of kittens passing by... and then passing by again...

Very creative by the way, guys.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:13 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Pando, didn't see that you had opened the wormhole thing. Woops. Let's have a few kittens fall through the wormhole, eh?

It's okay. We still need to save him, somehow.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:09 am

I'm going to try to post later today, guys. So if there's anything else the heroes want to do to save Captain Andorra, or if the villains want to drive out to Diet Cola or something, just giving you all a heads-up.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:45 am

So yeah, I changed my last post. We still need to save Captain Andorra, but the villains are with Diet Cola, and Florida Man is at the Legion Hall.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse