NATION

PASSWORD

Imperium Aeternum [AH/OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:24 pm

Sivio wrote:Added Poland-Ruthenia to the map. Also, I changed my color on the map.
Khasinkonia wrote:Okay, good. Next, Japan will likely soon lay diplomatic claim to Alaska, a multitude of Polynesia islands in the Pacific that nobody can remember the names of, and maybe a few small Filipino islands, to use as trading ports. Actually control the territories will probably not be fully Japanese, however.

:lol: :unsure: So much for controlling the entire West Coast. Nah, is cool, first come, first serve. However, I would like to make a deal.

Japan has a new doctrine of armed neutrality, so we'd be happy to negotiate. Also, Hawaii is now a Japanese colony. If you could possibly add it in the next update, that'd be splendid. I already got OP approval for it.

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Pacificora wrote:So to what standard is technology in? 1900s? 1950s? 2100s?

Late 1800s/early 1900s in Europe.

Obviously a few decades to a few centuries behind in the Colonies and in other civilised nations.

Okay, so my last question. If I were to apply, does my nation have to have history as an actual civilisation in the past or, can I explain in my history how this particular part of the world were to become its own society? In other words, would my civilisation have to have existed in the real life timeline?
Last edited by Pacificora on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:28 pm

Plzen wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:We will see how the situation develops and how we will be invited.
Hopefully a tour of Tenochtitlan will convince the European powers from trying to colonize and "civilize" the continent.

I suspect that it will give the Scandinavians the exact opposite impression.

"Look at all these rich, defenceless natives we can collect taxes from! Why aren't we taking this opportunity?"

Khasinkonia wrote:Yep. Someone had to do it, so why not make Japan all nice and diplomatic?

Rome is a far better location to place it. Japan is a bit too far to travel for most of the civilised nations of the world.

If not, Kiev or Moskva sounds good.

Obviously a few decades to a few centuries behind in the Colonies and in other civilised nations.

Japan will fight for it. We will polite fight the hell out of anyone who dares oppose our hospitality!
Tōkyō's no jokio.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Plzen wrote:
Pimps Inc wrote:We will see how the situation develops and how we will be invited.
Hopefully a tour of Tenochtitlan will convince the European powers from trying to colonize and "civilize" the continent.

"Look at all these rich, defenceless natives we can collect taxes from! Why aren't we taking this opportunity?"

Khasinkonia wrote:Yep. Someone had to do it, so why not make Japan all nice and diplomatic?

Rome is a far better location to place it. Japan is a bit too far to travel for most of the civilised nations of the world.

If not, Kiev or Moskva sounds good.

I think Constantinople would work best, as I think it would be a much bigger city than Rome due to it's key location for trading. It is the Crossroads of the World.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:45 pm

Pacificora wrote:

Okay, so my last question. If I were to apply, does my nation have to have history as an actual civilisation in the past or, can I explain in my history how this particular part of the world were to become its own society? In other words, would my civilisation have to have existed in the real life timeline?

It would have to be in a 'divided' place, somewhere that has tribes and isn't colonized. Africa, Australia or the America's probably. Any other place already has a common cultural identity, and history that people wouldn't have forgotten. Tribes are more flexible and would allow for the creation of a common culture and people.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:48 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:It would have to be in a 'divided' place, somewhere that has tribes and isn't colonized. Africa, Australia or the America's probably. Any other place already has a common cultural identity, and history that people wouldn't have forgotten. Tribes are more flexible and would allow for the creation of a common culture and people.

Temporary common culture and people.

Tribes are also really easy to partition and colonise.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:52 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Pacificora wrote:

It would have to be in a 'divided' place, somewhere that has tribes and isn't colonized. Africa, Australia or the America's probably. Any other place already has a common cultural identity, and history that people wouldn't have forgotten. Tribes are more flexible and would allow for the creation of a common culture and people.

I would like to do Aus but, to say the least, this country as its problems. There was a reason that Australian Aboriginals couldn't create civilisation and it's because Australia has no domesticated animals. The giant marsupials of old would have been amazing, but, because humans arrived here so early, they were all wiped out. If humans had arrived slightly later then civilisation could have developed strongly in Australia...

This is going to sound ridiculous but to what extent can I change Australia's history? For example, people don't come here until much later in history and therefore giant marsupials aren't wiped out? It sounds ridiculous but I'm just asking xD
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:54 pm

Pacificora wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:It would have to be in a 'divided' place, somewhere that has tribes and isn't colonized. Africa, Australia or the America's probably. Any other place already has a common cultural identity, and history that people wouldn't have forgotten. Tribes are more flexible and would allow for the creation of a common culture and people.

I would like to do Aus but, to say the least, this country as its problems. There was a reason that Australian Aboriginals couldn't create civilisation and it's because Australia has no domesticated animals. The giant marsupials of old would have been amazing, but, because humans arrived here so early, they were all wiped out. If humans had arrived slightly later then civilisation could have developed strongly in Australia...

This is going to sound ridiculous but to what extent can I change Australia's history? For example, people don't come here until much later in history and therefore giant marsupials aren't wiped out? It sounds ridiculous but I'm just asking xD

You could be an independent colony. We don't have any of those. Perhaps after Rome colonized Australia you could the America that rebelled due to taxes or something.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Plzen wrote:

I mean it's possible he could destroy the cultural identity of the tribes and unify it to a single language, customs etc etc. I mean the Zulu sort of did that, in a way before the British conquered them. Zulu is still a pretty common ethnic group down in that area, the largest in South Africa i think.

Then again that doesn't mean they won't be beaten down and colonized regardless. The borders would change but the culture could survive, possibly.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Pacificora wrote:

I mean, what kind of Marsupials are we talking here?

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm

Plzen wrote:

I'm pretty sure the two countries are about the same size and couldn't be farther from each other. The heat alone would probably kill any Scandivanian soldier.
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm

Plzen wrote:

*Empress Momoka and Emperor Isonashi proceed to rub hands together greedily*
Empress Momoka wants to be Japanese Queen Victoria.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:01 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Pacificora wrote:I would like to do Aus but, to say the least, this country as its problems. There was a reason that Australian Aboriginals couldn't create civilisation and it's because Australia has no domesticated animals. The giant marsupials of old would have been amazing, but, because humans arrived here so early, they were all wiped out. If humans had arrived slightly later then civilisation could have developed strongly in Australia...

You could be an independent colony. We don't have any of those. Perhaps after Rome colonized Australia you could the America that rebelled due to taxes or something.

So basically I would be a nation that declared full independence from Rome after their colonisation of Australia? Honestly I like the sound of that. I think I'm ready to make an application.

What year did Rome colonise America? Just to help with the time frame.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
Plzen wrote:I suspect that it will give the Scandinavians the exact opposite impression.

I'm pretty sure the two countries are about the same size and couldn't be farther from each other. The heat alone would probably kill any Scandivanian soldier.

Scandinavians in Mexico?

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:04 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Pacificora wrote:I would like to do Aus but, to say the least, this country as its problems. There was a reason that Australian Aboriginals couldn't create civilisation and it's because Australia has no domesticated animals. The giant marsupials of old would have been amazing, but, because humans arrived here so early, they were all wiped out. If humans had arrived slightly later then civilisation could have developed strongly in Australia...

I mean, what kind of Marsupials are we talking here?

These things, they existed pre human in Australia. If humans had arrived later, we could have domesticated them as they were rather slow, strong and herbivores.
Last edited by Pacificora on Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:07 pm

Pacificora wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:I mean, what kind of Marsupials are we talking here?

These things, they existed pre human in Australia. If humans had arrived later, we could have domesticated them as they were rather slow, strong and herbivores.

Massive beasts and dangerous wildlife are why Japan would just go around Australia. New Zealand—like Australia, but without the death.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Anyway I think I'll just do the whole former colony of Rome thing instead of having to deal with these massive marsupials. Just need to know for time frame what year was America colonised by Rome?

The massive marsupials would have been cool though xD
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

Rodez
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodez » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:23 pm

Pacificora wrote:Anyway I think I'll just do the whole former colony of Rome thing instead of having to deal with these massive marsupials. Just need to know for time frame what year was America colonised by Rome?

I think Hatteria is the older of the two American colonial nations so I'll take this one.

The first settlements starting cropping up in the Carolinas in the 1530's, but settlement really didn't accelerate until the 1600s opened. So late 16th/early 17th century would've been when (at least I assume) when Rome really started to actively seek colonial opportunities. VOID is the authority on that though.
Formerly known as Mesrane (Mes), now I'm back
Joined April 2014

Go Cubs, Go!

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:33 pm

Rodez wrote:
Pacificora wrote:Anyway I think I'll just do the whole former colony of Rome thing instead of having to deal with these massive marsupials. Just need to know for time frame what year was America colonised by Rome?

I think Hatteria is the older of the two American colonial nations so I'll take this one.

The first settlements starting cropping up in the Carolinas in the 1530's, but settlement really didn't accelerate until the 1600s opened. So late 16th/early 17th century would've been when (at least I assume) when Rome really started to actively seek colonial opportunities. VOID is the authority on that though.

In that case I guess Roman settlements in Australia would have come to being around middle 1600s, okay time to make a App...
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:45 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:I'm pretty sure the two countries are about the same size and couldn't be farther from each other. The heat alone would probably kill any Scandivanian soldier.

"Whatever happens, we have got the Maxim gun, and they have not." - Hilaire Belloc
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:06 am

Nation App - Imperium Aeternum:

Formal Nation Name: Federation of Terra Austrum

Informal Nation Name: Terra Austrum

Shortened Nation Name: Australi

Flag:

Coat of Arms/Other Symbols:

Government Type: Federative Representitive Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Premier Herminuis Livius

Head of Government: (if different)

Population: 2,322,000

Capital: Portum Australem (located in current day Cairns)

Influence: Limited amount of influence from Rome.

Military Population: 100,000 active, 50,000 reserve

History: In the 1642, Roman sailboats searching for an easier trade route from the east to its colonies in America veer off course after a horrible storm in the Pacific Ocean. Few were injured and only a couple of people perished, but the ships were now significantly further south than what had been originally planned. After a day or two (no one really knows) of sailing trying to find a way back on course, the sailors see a far off land covered in heavily packed jungles and full of valuable resources (This island they have landed on is Papua, not Australia). The captain of the ship, Constra Hurmanus, was the first Roman to step foot on the island.

They return from their journey to the American colonies and tell of a land covered in thick jungles and tribal people. News of this southern land reaches the upper class of the Roman Empire, and in 1645 a seeker ship sets of from the Americas to officially confirm the existance of this land. But this time, the seeker ship lands in a similar but still very different to what was described land (North East Queensland). Regardless the land is officially recognised and colonisation ships are sent to the land in 1658. In 1659, the ships arrive at a part of this new, massive land, and give it the name Terra Austrum, literally meaning south land.

In 1697 a huge rise in population occurs due to the discovery of vast amounts of gold in the regions surrounding Novum Iberia (modern day Melbourne) and thousands of miners come to the country seeking a fortune. At this point a lot of European and Aborigine blood have mixed and formed a very distinct Mestizo. The Latin spoken in Terra Austrum begins to differ from the Latin in Europe as the population begins to form a creole with many aborigine languages. At this point, many Aborigine people are viewed as inferiors and are forced to work in hard labour and serve as slaves to Europeans.

In 1721, the colony is very developed, and the population is now dominated by this Mestizo kind of people. As the vast majortity of the population was now this district Mestizo, the Roman government there is forced to accept them as 'semi-Europeans'.

In 1801, the colony is extremely developed and now Mestizo's are living well off agricutural and mingling exports. Pure Aborigines and Europeans are increasingly more rare. A rebellion takes place given the name 'The Uprising of the Red Masks' as many supporters of the movement wore red masks, hoods, or head scarfs. This movement aimed to overthrow the European dominiated government for a more diverse and representative government. The government is forced to lift the ban on Mestizos and Aborigines being members of the senate, and the colony declares autonomy from the Roman Empire.

In the modern day, ties between Terra Austrum and Rome are still quite strong, with Rome still having influence over the Austrum government although they declared autonomy, and are looking towards independence. This is mainly due to the very different peoples in Terra Austrum. Expansions into the west are becoming increasingly more common. The nation has a state of the art Navy due to its plentiful resources and open seas, but a rather lousy army as it is currently isolated from the rest of the world.

Regardless, Terra Austrum is on the rise, and there is no telling where it will go next.

RP Example: (not required if from the interest / concept thread or if you have reservation.) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=383113
Imperium - DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Pacificora on Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:22 am

Pacificora wrote:Nation App - Imperium Aeternum:

Flag:
(Image)

(Image)

Military Population: 180,000 active, 50,000 reserve

History: In the 1642, Roman sailboats searching for an easier trade route from the east to its colonies in America veer off course after a horrible storm in the Pacific Ocean. Few were injured and only a couple of people perished, but the ships were now significantly further south than what had been originally planned. After a day or two (no one really knows) of sailing trying to find a way back on course, the sailors see a far off land covered in heavily packed jungles and full of valuable resources (This island they have landed on is Papua, not Australia). The captain of the ship, Constra Hurmanus, was the first Roman to step foot on the island.

They return from their journey to the American colonies and tell of a land covered in thick jungles and tribal people. News of this southern land reaches the upper class of the Roman Empire, and in 1645 a seeker ship sets of from the Americas to officially confirm the existance of this land. But this time, the seeker ship lands in a similar but still very different to what was described land (North East Queensland). Regardless the land is officially recognised and colonisation ships are sent to the land in 1658. In 1659, the ships arrive at a part of this new, massive land, and give it the name Terra Austrum, literally leaning south land.

In 1697 a huge rise in population occurs due to the discovery of vast amounts of gold in the regions surrounding Novum Iberia (modern day Melbourne) and thousands of miners come to the country seeking a fortune. At this point a lot of European and Aborigine blood have mixed and formed a very distinct Mestizo. The Latin spoken in Terra Austrum begins to differ from the Latin in Europe as the population begins to form a creole with many aborigine languages. At this point, many Aborigine people are viewed as inferiors and are forced to work in hard labour and serve as slaves to Europeans.

In 1721, the colony is very developed, and the population is now dominated by this Mestizo kind of people. As the vast majortity of the population was now this district Mestizo, the Roman government there is forced to accept them as 'semi-Europeans'.

In 1801, the colony is extremely developed and now Mestizo's are living well off agricutural and mingling exports. Pure Aborigines and Europeans are increasingly more rare. A rebellion takes place given the name 'The Uprising of the Red Masks' as many supporters of the movement wore red masks, hoods, or head scarfs. This movement aimed to overthrow the European dominiated government for a more diverse and representative government. The government is forced to lift the ban on Mestizos and Aborigines being members of the senate, and the colony declares autonomy from the Roman Empire.

In the modern day, ties between Terra Austrum and Rome are still quite strong, with Rome still having influence over the Austrum government although they declared autonomy, and are looking towards independence. This is mainly due to the very different peoples in Terra Austrum. Expansions into the west are becoming increasingly more common. The nation has a state of the art Navy due to its plentiful resources and open seas, but a rather lousy army as it is currently isolated from the rest of the world.

Regardless, Terra Austrum is on the rise, and there is no telling where it will go next.

RP Example: (not required if from the interest / concept thread or if you have reservation.) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=383113
Imperium - DO NOT REMOVE

The only complaint i might have is the military size. It seems rather large for a population of only two million people.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:29 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:
Pacificora wrote:Nation App - Imperium Aeternum:

Flag:
(Image)

(Image)

Military Population: 100,000 active, 50,000 reserve

They return from their journey to the American colonies and tell of a land covered in thick jungles and tribal people. News of this southern land reaches the upper class of the Roman Empire, and in 1645 a seeker ship sets of from the Americas to officially confirm the existance of this land. But this time, the seeker ship lands in a similar but still very different to what was described land (North East Queensland). Regardless the land is officially recognised and colonisation ships are sent to the land in 1658. In 1659, the ships arrive at a part of this new, massive land, and give it the name Terra Austrum, literally leaning south land.

Imperium - DO NOT REMOVE

The only complaint i might have is the military size. It seems rather large for a population of only two million people.

Oh sorry I was originally planning on a larger population and I seemed to have forgotten to change the military along with it.
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:38 am

Still a bit high, though i suppose it's fine as long as some of those active soldiers are militia rather than full time. If that's agreeable then you are Accepted
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pacificora
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:40 am

The Frozen Forest wrote:Still a bit high, though i suppose it's fine as long as some of those active soldiers are militia rather than full time. If that's agreeable then you are Accepted

Completely fine, thanks
National Information
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information

Est. 2043
Post Modern

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse