NATION

PASSWORD

Imperium Aeternum [AH/OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:52 pm

Nation App - Imperium Aeternum:

Formal Nation Name:The United Republics of Poland-Ruthenia

Informal Nation Name: Poland/Ruthenia (depends on whether the Northern or Southern region is being spoken of)

Shortened Nation Name: The Republic, Dividing Kingdom

Flag: http://i.imgur.com/mhl2eNP.png

Coat of Arms/Other Symbols: TBD

Government Type: Oligarchic Republic (the senate is elected and usually made up of middle class men while the executive positions are usually the upper class)

Head of State: Chancellor Iver III (Chancellor’s get five year terms and are elected by the senate)

Head of Government: Same as Head of State

Population: 21.5 Million

Capital: Minsk (settled capital due to the disagreements between the North and South)

Influence: None overtly but is constantly being fought over by Russia, Germany, Byznatium, and even Rome. The merchant and upper classes often are bribed
or at least tantalized by these nations into securing that the Republic follows their path. This has created constant flip-flopping without much repercussion. Still, the Republic exists for the most part hanging in the balance of many nations.

Military Population: 87,500 soldiers [2,500 palace guards ; 16,000 in Warsaw ; 25,000 in Minsk ; 17,000 in Odessa ; 11,000 in Lviv ; 14,000 in Krakow]

History: The Republic just as it now is like how it was before. And that was at the mercy of its the foriegn powers surrounding it. Firstly, the Southern regions of the Republic, Ruthenia, had long been under control of oppressive traders and even at numerous points, Eastern hordes. Still, this was not even enough for the greedy elite. Taking the idea from the Tsarist Russians of the north and seeing their expansion using serfs as the fuel to their empire, the south did so as well. Kievan Rus adopted this as trade slowed due to the much more prosperous routes through Rome. This economic strife led to conquest of much of the North into cities like Minsk. It was here where the first mistake occurred. The over expansion of the already economically shattered nation provided the perfect opportunity for the Russian Bear to attack. And hoping to destabilize the nation, it sent radical reformists to the lands. These pan-Slavs promoted their ideas like in Russia and with greater success. Militas formed and with a Senate in the style of the Roman Republic formed in Lviv, the Most Serene Republic of Ruthenia was established. Sending valuable aid to the Russian forces and aiding in the capture of Kiev, the Republic assured its dominance as well as its future.

Within a few years, the Republic saw opportunity once again. The Germanic efforts to take the North and the subsequent expulsion of the Northern Slavs prompted renewed efforts of pan-Slavism. With numerous kingdoms in the North fearing revolution, they attempted compromise by offering vast swaths of land to the peasant population and a removal of surfdome from the law books. While sounding great, the Ruthenians were quick to spread word about how it would be impossible and that surfdome as it existed would not at all possible for a monarchy to remove it. Yet the people turned away and believed the kingdoms which increasingly became centralized around Warsaw. Still, this feeble attempted brought peace for mere decades but as soon as the kingdoms, or Kingdom of Poland as the region came to be known due to the unity between them, went back on these promises, revolution was spoken of once again. The Polish king rejected any compromise and seeking to stop the rebels before full-scale civil war broke out, sent the army. This proved fatal as Ruthenia responded by attacking the Kingdom and with rebellions seized cities and the lower classes outnumbering the nobility nearly 5 to 1, it was a decisive blow. The Republic of Poland was soon proclaimed and while it existed for mere months, it ensured the union to come.

Once the Union was officially formed, the nation expanded and saw a rise in standard of living and soon became a beacon for radical policies. The complete outlawing of surfdome and as one of the first nations to ban the slave trade, it’s principles of power to the people became enormous in an era where monarchy still was dominant. Voting for the Senate soon expanded to include all people (except for women unless they were widows). The most recent political change was the adoption of the first codified Constitution in the world securing the ‘Godly rights of people’. The tolerant yet delicate nation now hangs in the balance as times advance and industrialization continues.

RP Example: A long one? A nation one?

Imperium - DO NOT REMOVE
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:55 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:Just to be the devils advocate, don't forget that China also has a secure position now. Yes it lost huge swaths of territory to the Mongols, but Mongol eyes are mainly on India. Chinese Independence is relatively secure where as if they were to fight the Mongols they could lose it.

A similar case with Russia, they have a lot to lose and very little immediate gain. Both Russia and China would lose hundreds of thousands of men and resources, they would have to rebuild not only their territory but any territory they got from a victory, which would almost certainly put them into debt or severe financial troubles.

It's not impossible for Japan to convince them but it should expect to be fighting an uphill diplomatic battle.

I was referring to offering to create a mutual defense alliance, that way, if one member was attacked by Mongolia, the others would come to their aide. This would give each member a better defensive position, since fighting three nations on three fronts would probably not be appealing to Mongolia.

True, but the same argument could be used even with a mutual defense pact. It's unlikely China would be invaded since it has ties to Mongolia and the fact that it would be the main battlefield for any war would mean destruction across it's land. Russia would have a better chance of an alliance with Japan, because it has genuine fear of the Mongols and has no treaties or ties to them that would make war unlikely. Whether they would honor the treaty is the real question.

Japan should try to work with Rome, since Rome has the power and the ambition, and the reason to fight the mongols. Not to mention they'd be more likely to honor any treaty.
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Shannaras Legacy
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Shannaras Legacy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:16 pm

Yeah, no, forget this. You are too fascist, lighten up the rules. The OP says "loosely adhere to the preexisting storyline" (okay those aren't the exact words but that's what it says) and I did. And where exactly did it say that Britain never existed? Britain was a province of Rome. The province sent a colony which was approved by the Roman senate or emperor or whatever. The colony wasn't properly enforced, and rebellion succeeded. A war wasn't necessary, it just made more sense. Plus the War of 1812 is entirely possible with this storyline. The colonists could be added into the storyline with virtually no painTM. My population was based off of modern population, which I will edit to be more plausible.

What's the Eastern Roman Empire? I want population, geographic location, and overview of global relations (like when I said pre-WWI everyone looked down on America).
This was written in response to:
The Frozen Forest wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:-snip 1-
-snip 2-
|_____|_____|_____|
|_____|_____|____|

The Imperial American Empire
Set in an alternate timeline in which the British colonies decided on an empire instead of a democratic government. // STRONG LEADERS
PLANETIS RATINGS:
MT - 6/0/5
PMT - 7/2/6 (no telekinesis)
NFT - 8/2/8 (no telekinesis - stands for "Near Future Tech")
MFT - 9/2/9 (no telekinesis - stands for "Middle Future Tech")
FFT - 11/6/10 (stands for "Far Future Tech")
IFT - 12/11/11 (stands for "Infinite Future Tech")

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Shannaras Legacy wrote:Yeah, no, forget this. You are too fascist, lighten up the rules. The OP says "loosely adhere to the preexisting storyline" (okay those aren't the exact words but that's what it says) and I did. And where exactly did it say that Britain never existed? Britain was a province of Rome. The province sent a colony which was approved by the Roman senate or emperor or whatever. The colony wasn't properly enforced, and rebellion succeeded. A war wasn't necessary, it just made more sense. Plus the War of 1812 is entirely possible with this storyline. The colonists could be added into the storyline with virtually no painTM. My population was based off of modern population, which I will edit to be more plausible.

What's the Eastern Roman Empire? I want population, geographic location, and overview of global relations (like when I said pre-WWI everyone looked down on America).
The Frozen Forest wrote:-snip 2-

The one problem here is that Rome never colonised the Western North America. The west is still confirmed to be very much in Native American hands, so the only nations that would likely be accepted in this case would be natives. As for the Eastern Roman Empire, I think there was a redacted app somewhere.

Just as a little PS:
Calling someone fascist is not a very nice accusation. And telling someone to lighten up rules when their RP is functioning just fine is highly unlikely to do anything but mildly annoy them, if that.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:34 pm

Shannaras Legacy wrote:Yeah, no, forget this. You are too fascist, lighten up the rules. The OP says "loosely adhere to the preexisting storyline" (okay those aren't the exact words but that's what it says) and I did. And where exactly did it say that Britain never existed? Britain was a province of Rome. The province sent a colony which was approved by the Roman senate or emperor or whatever. The colony wasn't properly enforced, and rebellion succeeded. A war wasn't necessary, it just made more sense. Plus the War of 1812 is entirely possible with this storyline. The colonists could be added into the storyline with virtually no painTM. My population was based off of modern population, which I will edit to be more plausible.

"VI. Thou shalt not harm the integrity of this RP's semi-fixed history with your own and shall try to abide by this RP's semi-established history."

Am i to conclude you didn't read the Rules? If you were applying for a native american nation within Western Nova Europa (America) your app would be considered however those area's were clearly NOT colonized by Rome as seen on the map. Also, Britain as you know it does not exist. Britain is a mix of Anglo Saxon and Norman cultures, which evolved to be unique over hundreds of years. Britannia is controlled by Rome and has been Romanized, it's people bear a similar culture to that of the Romans. Britain does not exist. You may apply for a nation if you want, but you must follow the rules AND the authority of the OP and Co-Op.

The Eastern Roman Empire is also known as the Byzantine Empire (After the West fell, it should still be called and referred to as the Eastern Roman Empire), it's the yellow-ish color that dominates the middle east on the Influence Map.

It is a sister nation to the Western Roman Empire, or Rome. It was divided from the west to better manage the Roman Empire as a whole. So it should have good-very good relations with the Western Roman Empire.
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Sheesh I leave and then this comes in. Maybe I should come back and take up the Byzantines.

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:06 pm

So any notable settlements in the Roman parts of Eastern Mexico that I can target?
Roleplay Information
2024: The Long Peace - United Mexican States

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

When we meet aliens from outer space, we'll yell:

We poison our air and water to weed out the weak!
We set off fission bombs in our only biosphere!
We nailed our god to a stick!
Don't fuck with the human race!

Kanye West 2024

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:

Sheesh I leave and then this comes in. Maybe I should come back and take up the Byzantines.

Please do.

Pimps Inc wrote:So any notable settlements in the Roman parts of Eastern Mexico that I can target?

Not sure; I'm sure you could create a settlement name that is like a Proto-Spanish/Roman name.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Hey VOID, am I accepted?
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:48 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:Nation App - Imperium Aeternum:

Formal Nation Name:The United Republics of Poland-Ruthenia

Informal Nation Name: Poland/Ruthenia (depends on whether the Northern or Southern region is being spoken of)

Shortened Nation Name: The Republic, Dividing Kingdom

Flag: http://i.imgur.com/mhl2eNP.png

Coat of Arms/Other Symbols: TBD

Government Type: Oligarchic Republic (the senate is elected and usually made up of middle class men while the executive positions are usually the upper class)

Head of State: Chancellor Iver III (Chancellor’s get five year terms and are elected by the senate)

Head of Government: Same as Head of State

Population: 21.5 Million

Capital: Minsk (settled capital due to the disagreements between the North and South)

Influence: None overtly but is constantly being fought over by Russia, Germany, Byznatium, and even Rome. The merchant and upper classes often are bribed
or at least tantalized by these nations into securing that the Republic follows their path. This has created constant flip-flopping without much repercussion. Still, the Republic exists for the most part hanging in the balance of many nations.

Military Population: 87,500 soldiers [2,500 palace guards ; 16,000 in Warsaw ; 25,000 in Minsk ; 17,000 in Odessa ; 11,000 in Lviv ; 14,000 in Krakow]

History: The Republic just as it now is like how it was before. And that was at the mercy of its the foriegn powers surrounding it. Firstly, the Southern regions of the Republic, Ruthenia, had long been under control of oppressive traders and even at numerous points, Eastern hordes. Still, this was not even enough for the greedy elite. Taking the idea from the Tsarist Russians of the north and seeing their expansion using serfs as the fuel to their empire, the south did so as well. Kievan Rus adopted this as trade slowed due to the much more prosperous routes through Rome. This economic strife led to conquest of much of the North into cities like Minsk. It was here where the first mistake occurred. The over expansion of the already economically shattered nation provided the perfect opportunity for the Russian Bear to attack. And hoping to destabilize the nation, it sent radical reformists to the lands. These pan-Slavs promoted their ideas like in Russia and with greater success. Militas formed and with a Senate in the style of the Roman Republic formed in Lviv, the Most Serene Republic of Ruthenia was established. Sending valuable aid to the Russian forces and aiding in the capture of Kiev, the Republic assured its dominance as well as its future.

Within a few years, the Republic saw opportunity once again. The Germanic efforts to take the North and the subsequent expulsion of the Northern Slavs prompted renewed efforts of pan-Slavism. With numerous kingdoms in the North fearing revolution, they attempted compromise by offering vast swaths of land to the peasant population and a removal of surfdome from the law books. While sounding great, the Ruthenians were quick to spread word about how it would be impossible and that surfdome as it existed would not at all possible for a monarchy to remove it. Yet the people turned away and believed the kingdoms which increasingly became centralized around Warsaw. Still, this feeble attempted brought peace for mere decades but as soon as the kingdoms, or Kingdom of Poland as the region came to be known due to the unity between them, went back on these promises, revolution was spoken of once again. The Polish king rejected any compromise and seeking to stop the rebels before full-scale civil war broke out, sent the army. This proved fatal as Ruthenia responded by attacking the Kingdom and with rebellions seized cities and the lower classes outnumbering the nobility nearly 5 to 1, it was a decisive blow. The Republic of Poland was soon proclaimed and while it existed for mere months, it ensured the union to come.

Once the Union was officially formed, the nation expanded and saw a rise in standard of living and soon became a beacon for radical policies. The complete outlawing of surfdome and as one of the first nations to ban the slave trade, it’s principles of power to the people became enormous in an era where monarchy still was dominant. Voting for the Senate soon expanded to include all people (except for women unless they were widows). The most recent political change was the adoption of the first codified Constitution in the world securing the ‘Godly rights of people’. The tolerant yet delicate nation now hangs in the balance as times advance and industrialization continues.

RP Example: A long one? A nation one?

Imperium - DO NOT REMOVE

I'm going to say Accepted if that's okay with Void.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:49 pm

I see no issues. Will add you to the accepted list.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Berlin-style conference happening?

The 1840 Conference of Tokyo for a civilised division of the Americas into various spheres of influence.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Plzen wrote:Berlin-style conference happening?

The 1840 Conference of Tokyo for a civilised division of the Americas into various spheres of influence.

Yep. Someone had to do it, so why not make Japan all nice and diplomatic?

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:55 pm

Any allies for the Aztecs?
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:
United States of White America wrote:Although Nietzsche was a god-fearing atheist and his quote is positive, I believe it is negative. I think God has died because of our corrupt, open society, where there is no objective sense of right and wrong. Instead, I propose to resurrect God and avenge him.

No way.

Kanye West 2024

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:04 pm

VOID, I'll take Byzantium back up but did you ever finish your history? I rechecked the thread and didn't see it. I need this before I can finish my app as the two nations are so closely tied.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:Any allies for the Aztecs?

The Aztec and Akan's are both threatened by the Romans. We could establish diplomatic ties.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:08 pm

The Aztecs are invited to the 1840 Conference of Tōkyō, which has the purpose of promoting peaceful cooperation in the New World.

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Hey what's the year in this RP?
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:15 pm

Pacificora wrote:Hey what's the year in this RP?

Pimps Inc
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Pimps Inc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:17 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:

The Aztec and Akan's are both threatened by the Romans. We could establish diplomatic ties.

Should we learn of each other's existence, sure thing.

Khasinkonia wrote:

The Aztecs are invited to the 1840 Conference of Tōkyō, which has the purpose of promoting peaceful cooperation in the New World.

We will see how the situation develops and how we will be invited.
Hopefully a tour of Tenochtitlan will convince the European powers from trying to colonize and "civilize" the continent.
Roleplay Information

Risottia wrote:

No way.

Kanye West 2024

Sivio
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 05, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sivio » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:21 pm

Added Poland-Ruthenia to the map. Also, I changed my color on the map.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
Sure, it's okay. Japan would likely be the first to colonize the Pacific anyway, due to having an island nation bonus to naval strength.

I imagine by the 1860-1870s, the Japanese will have conquered the west coast of the Americas (or most of it) and whatever's left is Roman influenced.

I plan to end this RP shortly before WW1 era (around 1914, to be precise) and see where things go after that.

Okay, good. Next, Japan will likely soon lay diplomatic claim to Alaska, a multitude of Polynesia islands in the Pacific that nobody can remember the names of, and maybe a few small Filipino islands, to use as trading ports. Actually control the territories will probably not be fully Japanese, however.

:lol: :unsure: So much for controlling the entire West Coast. Nah, is cool, first come, first serve. However, I would like to make a deal.
DEFCON 5: Total Peace/Normal readiness
DEFCON 4: Increased intel/Strengthened Security/Above Normal
DEFCON 3: Increase in force readiness/Special Forces ready to mobilize
DEFCON 2: War Imminent/Entire Military ready to mobilize
DEFCON 1: Total War/Nuclear War imminent
DEFCON 0: Total Nuclear War

"If you're going through hell, keep going." - Winston Churchill

Pacificora
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pacificora » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:21 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Pacificora wrote:Hey what's the year in this RP?

1840, but technology is vastly ahead of it's time.

So to what standard is technology in? 1900s? 1950s? 2100s?
National Information
Leader - Chancellor Zar Koranal
Capital - Pala
Population - 72,121,853
Currency - Kora (PAK)
Roleplay Information
2024: Global Warfare - PLANNED (International Entity)
Galactacia - PLANNED (Purian Order)
Sunset Invasion - PLANNED (Meeniyan Wonthaggi)
Green Sahara - PLANNED (Egypt, OP)

THE REPUBLIC OF PACIFICORA
COBALT NETWORK CO-CREATOR AND EX-PRESIDENT
Est. 2043
Post Modern
"The paths we choose, the risks we take, the hopes we hold, the mistakes we make. The hands we're dealt, the hours we wake, the ends we reach, the hearts we break. The lives we lead, the twists of fate, what we believe, what we forsake. The fears we never seem to shake, the distant shore, the moonlit lake."

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:
The Frozen Forest wrote:The Aztec and Akan's are both threatened by the Romans. We could establish diplomatic ties.

Should we learn of each other's existence, sure thing.

Khasinkonia wrote:The Aztecs are invited to the 1840 Conference of Tōkyō, which has the purpose of promoting peaceful cooperation in the New World.

We will see how the situation develops and how we will be invited.
Hopefully a tour of Tenochtitlan will convince the European powers from trying to colonize and "civilize" the continent.

Japan wants resources. Tenochtitlan won't have difficulty convincing Tōkyō to leave the established empires be, but, as for other territories, well, they're considered fair game to anyone who's willing to stick a flag in the ground as far as Tōkyō is concerned.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Pimps Inc wrote:We will see how the situation develops and how we will be invited.

I suspect that it will give the Scandinavians the exact opposite impression.

"Look at all these rich, defenceless natives we can collect taxes from! Why aren't we taking this opportunity?"

Khasinkonia wrote:Yep. Someone had to do it, so why not make Japan all nice and diplomatic?

Rome is a far better location to place it. Japan is a bit too far to travel for most of the civilised nations of the world.

If not, Kiev or Moskva sounds good.

Pacificora wrote:So to what standard is technology in? 1900s? 1950s? 2100s?

Late 1800s/early 1900s in Europe.

Obviously a few decades to a few centuries behind in the Colonies and in other civilised nations.
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse