NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:23 am

Holy Lykos wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Okay....so, uh, who's free enough for interactions?

Magh's free.

How do I go to Magh?

I mean...yes. :p
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:23 am

Giovenith wrote:
OKAY, SO LIKE...

I used to run a character that was Beelzebub, like THE Beelzebub, waaaaay back in the hay day, and Swith TG's me and is like, "Hey, let's make them exes!" And I'm like, "Lul okay." And so throughout several threads Swith makes all these references to how shitty his and her character's marriage was, and it was all tragic and nicely written and stuff, and I was just, "I didn't even actually do anything and I feel like such a heartbreaking asshole, this is great!"

Well that sure makes it feel a lot better now. :P

To be fair, it's probably just the fault of Romy's obliviousness to not notice these things, or at least not think into it deeply. Nila would need to make it very obvious to him, like smack his face with it obvious.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:26 am

Holy Lykos wrote:I love that the only character of mine mentioned is one I don't even have anymore :p

Sterling can become the new Flash Sentry and get with Twilight.

*troll face*
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:30 am

Giovenith wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:I love that the only character of mine mentioned is one I don't even have anymore :p

*troll face*

LOL that would be weird XD

The issue with Sterling and Willow ever having a ship is that I'm sure both of them are only into their species, thus have no options XD

Saki is just plain uninterested, Mag is also an alien and weird, Venla is Venla.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:37 am

Giovenith wrote:
Chedastan wrote:
Oh, now I feel bad, even though I was aware of it the whole. :P

OKAY, SO LIKE...

I used to run a character that was Beelzebub, like THE Beelzebub, waaaaay back in the hay day, and Swith TG's me and is like, "Hey, let's make them exes!" And I'm like, "Lul okay." And so throughout several threads Swith makes all these references to how shitty his and her character's marriage was, and it was all tragic and nicely written and stuff, and I was just, "I didn't even actually do anything and I feel like such a heartbreaking asshole, this is great!"

Oh shit, I forgot about that! Didn't she used to have to go to hell to collect her alimony?

Gio. Gio, you must. MUST. bring him to the Island.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:40 am

Holy Lykos wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

*troll face*

The issue with Sterling and Willow ever having a ship is that I'm sure both of them are only into their species, thus have no options XD

Saki is just plain uninterested, Mag is also an alien and weird, Venla is Venla.

Willow's straight as an arrow and harbors a deeply buried subconscious hatefuck lust for the real Toola Roola (hence the Umbrun using her to mess with him) that only ever manifests itself as rabid conniptions whenever he's reminded of her existence.

Cerillium wrote:
Giovenith wrote:
OKAY, SO LIKE...

Oh shit, I forgot about that! Didn't she used to have to go to hell to collect her alimony?

Gio. Gio, you must. MUST. bring him to the Island.

Damn alternate timelines, I was home free with her marriage to Thriller!!
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:42 am

Holy Lykos wrote:
Giovenith wrote:

*troll face*

If Bran doesn't return to claim his character, Yuna remains a pony.

In truth there are times when participating in other people's stories is difficult. For example, Pansy. She's essential for Equestria's history. But she's an incredible little character. If I had any way of doing so, Rache would haul her back to the Building and train her in combat before shipping her back again.

Giovenith wrote:Damn alternate timelines, I was home free with her marriage to Thriller!!

Or so you thought!
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:47 am

I'm... not sure what to post for Mab. Cer, can I trouble ya for a lead in post? She's always been difficult and I just haven't had an inspiration past her usual antics (of which I don't wanna delve in pass for humor or melodramatics).

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:50 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:I'm... not sure what to post for Mab. Cer, can I trouble ya for a lead in post? She's always been difficult and I just haven't had an inspiration past her usual antics (of which I don't wanna delve in pass for humor or melodramatics).

Hm. I think I can knock something out before I call it a night. I telecommute tomorrow (today) so it's no trouble.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:05 am

Cerillium wrote:
Holy Lykos wrote:LOL that would be weird XD

If Bran doesn't return to claim his character, Yuna remains a pony.

In truth there are times when participating in other people's stories is difficult. For example, Pansy. She's essential for Equestria's history. But she's an incredible little character. If I had any way of doing so, Rache would haul her back to the Building and train her in combat before shipping her back again.

Giovenith wrote:Damn alternate timelines, I was home free with her marriage to Thriller!!

Or so you thought!

It's justice because she was the least developed of the six founder characters in the episode. Granted they were all fairly one-dimensional, but that just makes it easier for me. Not much to keep true to, near free reign.

Hurricane's a more introverted Red Forman.

"And that's the real story, of the Suicide Crusade."
"I don't understand."
"Neither do I, kid. Neither do I..."
she/her

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:15 am

Dora only loves stones. *spoiler*

Good evening from Asia :D
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:18 am

Tiltjuice wrote:Dora only loves stones. *spoiler*

:hug: :hug:

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:32 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Dora only loves stones. *spoiler*

:hug: :hug:

:hug: !
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:52 am

Altito Asmoro wrote:Okay....so, uh, who's free enough for interactions?

Macy's free as well. Well, mostly she's picking and choosing her swimwear, but she's free. x]
Last edited by Stormwrath on Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:15 am

Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:07 am

Cerillium wrote:You can use last apps if you can find the link to them.

Yuna is still in Gio's story. She currently has a wee bit too much daemon taint (the excuse for why she's not behaving completely normal, and also a means for me to manage two characters in two different locations at once). I'm not sure how long Gio's story will run but Yuna's tied up there for the time being.

I'm at work right now (Full time job still, woo!), but I can post the apps tonight, and hopefully get back into posting in the IC too. Sorry I couldn't do it last night, I was bed-ridden because of how sick I was.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:16 am

Cerillium wrote:
Highfort wrote:In all seriousness, if someone can map out the love dodecahedron that's forming in PL, that'd be pretty cool.

Working on it. I've lost track of all the damn love interests and coupling.

The Belas do love each other, despite Amanda's current nervousness. :P
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:25 pm

There's Katya: Dora, Yoshi (offspring?), Klanov (she had a huge crush on him, but never told him about it.)
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:44 pm

It's also Willow's birthday. Tomorrow is mine/char!Gio's.
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:56 pm

Giovenith wrote:

It's also Willow's birthday. Tomorrow is mine/char!Gio's.

I'm keeping this in mind for tomorrow.

Hehehehehe
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:26 pm

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Yuna Kuwori The Enlightened

Character Gender: Female

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Pyersai

Appearance: Slightly shorter than her brother, Drova, but just as slim. Her body allows her (And most of her species) to be nimble and fast, yet leaving her susceptible to harm and injury in more intense combat. Her hair extends down to the middle of her back, and her curves leave her nicely proportioned to be athletic, yet not overtly strong.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Here

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) Yuna's goal is to grow her skills in healing, and spirituality to better communicate with the Pyersai's pantheon, a Polytheistic faith that looks up to a group of around 6 Gods and Goddesses, who were legendary Pyersai from ages past.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.) Repair the bonds between her friends that always seem to be broken, learn more about the organization that recruited her in a limited manner (The Cultists), and try to find a way home along with her Brother.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak a normal Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier knows very basic training (shoot a gun, basic drill). Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.
List Mundane skills here: Flight (Provided by wings), Fluency in English and the Pyersai's language, as well as general knowledge in medicine and first-aid, and an in-depth knowledge of the Pyersai's religion.

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: Potion-crafting (5 points)
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Advanced-Prayer (2 points)
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Calligraphy (1 point)
Ability 4 and Points Spent: [REDACTED] 2

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite, so Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed in the character's description, however.
Ability 1: Healing Magic
Power Level: 4
Strengths: Any light injuries (Like cuts, bruises, maybe a broken bone or two), and Yuna can fix them all with the magical abilities she'd been born with.
Weaknesses: Using her abilities rapidly drains her physical abilities (Healing anything more than 4-5 wounds would leave her near-unconscious)
Restrictions: Being rather young, and untrained, she can't heal much more than lightly broken bones. Anything more (Such as bullet-wounds, deep cuts, and damaged organs) would require more practice and skill to even attempt.

Ability 2: Offensive Magic
Power Level: 2
Strengths: Yuna can summon magical abilities such as fire, to aid in combat.
Weaknesses: Again, due to her young-age, and relative state of being untrained, she can't project any attacks, and can only use them to aid in hand-to-hand combat (Such as a punch surrounded by a layer of flames)
Restrictions: Yuna's offensive magic doesn't discriminate against who it affects, summoning fire has as much of a chance of aiding her in combat, as much as it can burn her hands and injure her, which is why she barely uses it/avoids combat.

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List: A ceremonial-dagger, and a small trunk containing her robes, and several vials of ingredients to construct various potions.

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: Several years of intensive tutoring on subjects such as Math, Language, Literature, History, as well as serving under the current High-Priest of the Kingdom (Her future position, High-Priestess)
Character Background/Biography: Yuna Kuwori The Enlightened is the second child of the current King and Queen of the Pyersai Kingdom, the subterranean realm home to around 3 million Pyersai. Being the second child of the Royal Family, Yuna's fate is already decided for her. While the first child becomes either the King or Queen, the second child is slated to become the High Priest (The third highest position in the realm after the King and Queen). Yuna, like her brother, was allowed several years of freedom as a very young child, before the two were quickly pulled into tutoring in respective subjects relating to their future positions. While Drova was tutored in the ways of leadership and combat, Yuna was trained in medical and spiritual ways. She was afforded a little more freedom than Drova, but still barely had time for a social life outside of her studies. She was never too combative over her position, however, and the people of the realm held a much more positive opinion of the Royal Daughter, rather than the Son.

At age 13, after her first 2 years of tutoring, she was sent to a lower level in the palace to serve as an Apprentice to High-Priest Trunna, to learn everything she needed to know to take over after his death (Being rather old). She served under him for around 3 years before departing the Kingdom with Drova, and the two ended up at a rather enigmatic apartment building . . .

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) Same room as Drova, though in a separate bed (She also has her Cultist-quarters, though she hasn't interacted with the organization for quite some time)

IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Character Name: Yuna Kuwori The Enlightened
Brief Description: A Pyersai-Priestess in training, Yuna's skillset puts her in a good position for non-combat roles as she tries to balance her social life with her spiritual life, in her attempts to be the first Pyersai to conact their Gods since they were forced underground, thousands of years ago.

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Grand Prince of the Pyersai Drova Kuwori

Character Gender: Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Pyersai

Appearance: Tall and skinny, one would assume (Correctly) that the young man would be quite nimble and quick. His white hair is long, though average for his people, and his wings extend a few feet out from his back when not pressed against his shirt, though they span out to around 6 feet in flight

URL to Character Picture, if any: Prince Drova

Primary Objective: (What is your character's main goal? This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot.) Attempt to find a way back home, considering the residents are trapped in a strange new world. He wants to see how his homeland is doing.

Secondary Objectives: (What other goals does your character intend to achieve? These should drive subplots.) Get to a point where his friends can finally trust him again, by doing anything necessary to attempt to prove that he's not a complete asshole.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak a normal Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier knows very basic training (shoot a gun, basic drill). Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.
List Mundane skills here: Flight (Provided by his wings at the cost of physical strength), fluency in both English and the Pyersai's language, in-depth education on Pyersai/Military history

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, piloting etc.
Ability 1 and Points Spent: Swordsmanship (3 points)
Ability 2 and Points Spent: Marksmanship (1 point)
Ability 3 and Points Spent: Leadership (3 points)
Ability 4 and Points Spent:

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
List: A Pneumatic-Rifle

BACKGROUND
Education or Training: Several years of intensive tutoring on subjects such as Math, Language, Literature, History, and Leadership-skills by the most prestigious of Pyersai teachers.
Character Background/Biography: Drova Kuwori (Pronounced: Koovori) was the firstborn child to the Kuwori-Royal-Couple (Pyersai tradition making him the future ruler of the kingdom, the second child to become the High Priest/Priestess). His first years were filled with nurturing love from his mother, yet the young boy longed for the same type of relationship with his distant father. With his mother as the leading role model in his life, Drova was rather feminine in his upbringing, though he distanced himself from it when his sister, Yuna, was reaching the age of wanting to tease the poor boy about nearly anything.

At age 10, Drova's childhood effectively ended, when his parents drastically cut down on his free-time by sticking him with tutors and instructors for hours on end, each and every day, grooming him to take the reigns of the Kingdom from his father when the time would eventually come. Arguments over this were nearly constant, with Drova failing to understand his responsibility. In-fact, the young Prince had a penchant for arguing with nearly everyone he knew, most of the time over rather trivial things.

As a result of his tutoring, the only real friend he had as a child was Yuna (With which he shared several hours a day with in the same classes), but he never got out enough to make real connections with others, with the exception being the attendance of Royal events, such as balls and feasts. At around 15, the young Drova became disenfranchised with the whole idea of ruling a nation, but he dared not speak up over it, for fear of causing his parents distress. He acted the part, and attended his classes diligently until he decided to move out, citing his position as Grand-Prince as an excuse to get out in the world, and learn real experiences. Yuna followed (Attributed to her constant nagging him to bring back presents for her) Flying all the way from the subterranean nation under the Branriech, the two eventually ended up at an apartment, in Bielefeld . . .

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) Gaudy, isn't it? Orange is the royal color, afterall.
IMPORTANT:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details
Character Name: Drova Kuwori
Brief Description: A disenfranchised Prince from the Branriech seeking to find his true self, Drova lives in the apartment building as a part of his time in the real world, gaining social skills badly lacking. He can be humble and friendly one moment, and turn into a very bitter person the next.

Here's my apps for Drova and Yuna (They're the same apps as last time, if I should change anything, let me know please!) I'll find the app for Char!Bran later tonight. My 15 minute break is almost up. I'll see you all when I get home later tonight, and hopefully I can start getting back into this soon! Oh, and I updated their ages to be correct as well.
Last edited by The BranRiech on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:06 pm

@Bran. I'll review once I'm back home tonight. Have to leave in a few.

@Fishing party. Comedy inbound.

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Ah Kale and Toscha. Nothing official but could be a justifiable ship. Although that was years ago. Things have changed a lot lol.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:48 pm

*chicken pot pies Bran* ^_^
mumblemumblemumble

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:*chicken pot pies Bran* ^_^

Oooh, but what flavor? :3

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse