NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:16 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Torsiedelle wrote:I put up my tray at a Popeyes up in Virginia, and helped one of the men there, older man, clean up just because I felt the need to. He told me I did a good job, nicknamed me "Charlie Brown."

I stuck to that. I appreciate kindness.

Virginia is a nice state. I'm sad I never went to Richmond to see the Confederate Capitol. Norfolk is a nice town, though.

I read that at a glance as "I put my tray up Popeye's Vagina".

ALL:
My transition post is delayed. Family emergency. I'll have time to work on it tomorrow (taking off from work). My sincere apologies for the delay. It's not fair to all of you that have been patiently waiting.

It's fine Cer. Hope everyone stays safe over there.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Monfrox wrote:Cer said I should make a character for the island

#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Mon

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Intermediate

How often can you post? Yes

CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Sgt. Grzymislawa Kafka

Character Gender: Female

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Appearance: Average height, light weight, see picture

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://pm1.narvii.com/6003/45792f1dba6641ee1d526faa50889be02c75b28d_hq.jpg

Character Occupation: Monfrox 3rd Special Operations Forces Division - 1st Advanced Combat Unit

OBJECTIVES
Primary Objectives are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Secondary Objectives are minor goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective: Support and defend her nation and it's leader

Secondary Objectives: Survive and further her SOF training to hone her skills

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
Driving
Radio operating
Map reading
Compass reading
Basic training
English language fluency
Russian language fluency

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, wizarding, piloting etc.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Special Operations Forces training - 4
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Exclusion Zone Survival training - 3

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time.

• Ability 1: Psychometry
    Power Level: 3
    Strengths: The ability to silently read or understand the history of an object or person through touch
    Weaknesses: Reading people is too consuming to do for only a slight glimpse at the surface of one's mind and therefor the power is only used on inanimate objects
    Restrictions: Prolonged usage heightens potential risk for brain damage exponentially

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet.

List:
1 pill bottle of B190 Indraline radioprotectant
1 pill bottle of IP2 antitoxin
1 pill bottle of psy-block
5 small one-dose bottles of anabiotic serum
5 capsules of mexaminum radiation protection drug w/ syringe gun

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary and secondary objectives into it.

Education or Training:
MND Basic Training
MND SOF Selection Course
MND SOF Training
MND ACU Training
MND Zone Survival Skills Training
Monfrox Schools graduation diploma
Monfrox Military College Leadership Basics

Character Background/Biography:
As with every other soldier in Monfrox, Grzymislawa was trained from a very young age. At just eight years old, she was already familiar with firearms and the practical mathematics that went with them. As life continued, so did the training. Classes began being replaced with bivouacs and the training intensified. From learning about weapons, tactics, and military history, to practicing physical combat, shooting, and squad movements. It didn't take long for her to realize that she must've missed those "amazonian" genes that Froxian women were known for. She grew up average, but was always teased for her shortness by her fellow soldiers. Her eyesight wasn't the greatest either, but that wasn't a big issue.

After showing promise during her Zone Survival training for still being part of a regular infantry division, Grymislawa was selected to partake in a new experiment for Special Forces. With a decent sign-on bonus and an increased pay-grade, there was little to really say no to. So, after much researching and time spent in a comatose for delicate surgical procedures, she became the first soldier of the Advanced Combat Unit. Soon after the process, under the careful study of Froxian scientists, she began to develop psychometric powers. Much like a roulette, there was no real way to chose what kind of psychic power she would use, so once it was revealed within her it was cultivated and exercised as is like a muscle. Of course, it started out very slowly in order to avoid causing permanent damage, but it did not impede her daily routine with her military life. Once at remarkable levels, she was transferred to the Special Operations Forces and put into a small test squad for soldiers with similar abilities.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: [the usual barracks room I've used for pretty much everyone else]

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS: Mon
Character Name: Grzymislawa Kafka
Image Link: http://pm1.narvii.com/6003/45792f1dba66 ... 28d_hq.jpg
Brief Description for Bio: A psychic soldier with psychometric powers, Sergeant Grzymislawa Kafka holds honor and respect in high regard for determining one's character. A dedicated Special Forces soldier with skills equivalent to a 75th Ranger or Marine Raider; she strives to better herself at her young age to keep faith in her new place in the Froxian military.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.

Accepted. I'll work her in tomorrow unless Tilt or Min want to have one of their characters or Volker work her in tonight. "Sign your lease, don't get too comfortable, we're bugging out in a short while" sort of thing. Won't be able to add her tab until tomorrow.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Cer said I should make a character for the island

#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Mon

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Intermediate

How often can you post? Yes

CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Sgt. Grzymislawa Kafka

Character Gender: Female

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Appearance: Average height, light weight, see picture

URL to Character Picture, if any: http://pm1.narvii.com/6003/45792f1dba6641ee1d526faa50889be02c75b28d_hq.jpg

Character Occupation: Monfrox 3rd Special Operations Forces Division - 1st Advanced Combat Unit

OBJECTIVES
Primary Objectives are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Secondary Objectives are minor goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective: Support and defend her nation and it's leader

Secondary Objectives: Survive and further her SOF training to hone her skills

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
Driving
Radio operating
Map reading
Compass reading
Basic training
English language fluency
Russian language fluency

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, wizarding, piloting etc.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Special Operations Forces training - 4
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Exclusion Zone Survival training - 3

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time.

• Ability 1: Psychometry
    Power Level: 3
    Strengths: The ability to silently read or understand the history of an object or person through touch
    Weaknesses: Reading people is too consuming to do for only a slight glimpse at the surface of one's mind and therefor the power is only used on inanimate objects
    Restrictions: Prolonged usage heightens potential risk for brain damage exponentially

MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet.

List:
1 pill bottle of B190 Indraline radioprotectant
1 pill bottle of IP2 antitoxin
1 pill bottle of psy-block
5 small one-dose bottles of anabiotic serum
5 capsules of mexaminum radiation protection drug w/ syringe gun

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary and secondary objectives into it.

Education or Training:
MND Basic Training
MND SOF Selection Course
MND SOF Training
MND ACU Training
MND Zone Survival Skills Training
Monfrox Schools graduation diploma
Monfrox Military College Leadership Basics

Character Background/Biography:
As with every other soldier in Monfrox, Grzymislawa was trained from a very young age. At just eight years old, she was already familiar with firearms and the practical mathematics that went with them. As life continued, so did the training. Classes began being replaced with bivouacs and the training intensified. From learning about weapons, tactics, and military history, to practicing physical combat, shooting, and squad movements. It didn't take long for her to realize that she must've missed those "amazonian" genes that Froxian women were known for. She grew up average, but was always teased for her shortness by her fellow soldiers. Her eyesight wasn't the greatest either, but that wasn't a big issue.

After showing promise during her Zone Survival training for still being part of a regular infantry division, Grymislawa was selected to partake in a new experiment for Special Forces. With a decent sign-on bonus and an increased pay-grade, there was little to really say no to. So, after much researching and time spent in a comatose for delicate surgical procedures, she became the first soldier of the Advanced Combat Unit. Soon after the process, under the careful study of Froxian scientists, she began to develop psychometric powers. Much like a roulette, there was no real way to chose what kind of psychic power she would use, so once it was revealed within her it was cultivated and exercised as is like a muscle. Of course, it started out very slowly in order to avoid causing permanent damage, but it did not impede her daily routine with her military life. Once at remarkable levels, she was transferred to the Special Operations Forces and put into a small test squad for soldiers with similar abilities.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: [the usual barracks room I've used for pretty much everyone else]

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS: Mon
Character Name: Grzymislawa Kafka
Image Link: http://pm1.narvii.com/6003/45792f1dba66 ... 28d_hq.jpg
Brief Description for Bio: A psychic soldier with psychometric powers, Sergeant Grzymislawa Kafka holds honor and respect in high regard for determining one's character. A dedicated Special Forces soldier with skills equivalent to a 75th Ranger or Marine Raider; she strives to better herself at her young age to keep faith in her new place in the Froxian military.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.

Accepted. I'll work her in tomorrow unless Tilt or Min want to have one of their characters or Volker work her in tonight. "Sign your lease, don't get too comfortable, we're bugging out in a short while" sort of thing. Won't be able to add her tab until tomorrow.

I'll go ahead -nodnods-
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:31 pm

How light our RP going to be in the Island?
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:How light our RP going to be in the Island?

I'm planning light to actiony, considering what happens on the island.

I'm going to get classic if I can.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Does anyone besides NWS need me for anything?
I might have a chance tonight to work on a post.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:36 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:Does anyone besides NWS need me for anything?

Well, we're waiting for Cer to post the timeskip to dawn, and I'm not sure how Agy wants to play it from there.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:51 pm

got a small post out. sorry for the delay
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Post should be up later tonight. Just got home and have to get Morgan to finish her homework and go to bed.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:00 pm

Aegis got a reply.
she/her

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Seeing myself on that inactive list made me cringe a little.

Hey, guys.

Highfort
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Highfort » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:06 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Seeing myself on that inactive list made me cringe a little.

Hey, guys.

Hey! Long time no see! How's it going?
First as tragedy, then as farce

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:11 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Seeing myself on that inactive list made me cringe a little.

Hey, guys.

Mein Gott! It's Bran! Hello, Bran, how goes?

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Not impressed.

Holy fucking today has been fucked. I'm gonna be lurking and waiting for posts. Storm, I'll get on that post soon; I keep forgetting.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Highfort wrote:Hey! Long time no see! How's it going?

Sick as a dog as of the past few days (Walking to the gas station in the cold will do that)

Still working for the state.

But I still feel like something's missing in my life. Ever since I really stopped RP'ing, I just keep thinking of all the opportunity my characters had for stuff, and I just let them down and stopped RP'ing (Not to mention players who were affected). I think me facing up to that has kept me from coming back, because there's been more than once where I sign into NS after whoever-knows how long, I come and want to get back into the swing of things, yet something just pulls me away from actually doing it.

Well dammit, me, I'm not letting me back me out of this again. :p

Northwest Slobovia wrote:Mein Gott! It's Bran! Hello, Bran, how goes?

Ja, Ich bin Krank, aber es ist gut.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:34 pm

The BranRiech wrote:
Highfort wrote:Hey! Long time no see! How's it going?

Sick as a dog as of the past few days (Walking to the gas station in the cold will do that)

Still working for the state.

But I still feel like something's missing in my life. Ever since I really stopped RP'ing, I just keep thinking of all the opportunity my characters had for stuff, and I just let them down and stopped RP'ing (Not to mention players who were affected). I think me facing up to that has kept me from coming back, because there's been more than once where I sign into NS after whoever-knows how long, I come and want to get back into the swing of things, yet something just pulls me away from actually doing it.

Well dammit, me, I'm not letting me back me out of this again. :p

Northwest Slobovia wrote:Mein Gott! It's Bran! Hello, Bran, how goes?

Ja, Ich bin Krank, aber es ist gut.

You're welcome to rejoin. Your characters are all still alive, though Yuna is currently possessed and not quite herself (in order to keep Gio's story moving). We've just transitioned to the island.

Let me know if you want in. I'll add your tab.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:45 pm

Recycling part of Swith's 2013 post:

The Island is pretty much the same as when we were last there. The description is in the IC. I'll add it to the archive later.

Reminder to our newer players: Unless you're on NA or Slo's or Gio's story, we ALL go. The Building has vanished as usual.

Some basic things about the Island:
  • Native people still live there. Two tribes, one still hidden. Killing natives is a Bad Thing.
  • The cove is still there (where Bran's characters somehow became Mer).
  • Swith's compound is still on the atoll with a narrow footpath through the lagoon.
  • Pookie will be back.
  • All the huts are still along the beach. You guys can pimp them out however you want.
  • The large pavilion where Bran and Rylli married, and where we hold our Christmas feasts, is still there. We'll do another feast on 25 Dec, for those able to play that night. We don't RP the cooking part. We just call the group together and everyone tucks in and enjoys the feast. You don't personally have to celebrate Christmas. There are some religious tones for those characters that do (the grotto) but it's mostly a gift exchange and holiday silliness.
  • Entertainment this year (please remember, it serves as a BACKDROP) might be some volunteers from our character pool? How about some beautiful violin music after the meal? Or maybe we could have everyone go down to the beach for a campfire? Holiday carols?
  • I'd like to see a Zalgo New Year. *evil laugh* We'll see.
  • Yes, we'll do a present exchange again this year.
  • Yes, I have a minor story in the works. It depends upon my schedule. I won't be able to run it if players join and then don't post in a timely (every other day or daily) manner.

Out of bounds stuff (unless players ask permission): the Volcano base belongs to NVE. The Templar compound belongs to GT - off limits as he's not with us. The Chaos compound belongs to Swith. The Bones & Co bunker belongs to Bones. The Techpriest lair is there for those that need it. It's our only tech resource so don't trash it. The Monfrox compound is ruins, per canon. No tech or weapons remain.

Have fun. Pick your character's hut. Run around the beach. Unpack. Explore. You make your own stories, and find your own adventures. Magical plants that turn people into animals? You bet. Weird starfish that eat your toes? Sure. Windy cliffs to climb for the hell of it? Yup. Go pick some berries and have a feast. Or go hunt an island pig and roast him for dinner. Enjoy.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:40 am

Cerillium wrote:Recycling part of Swith's 2013 post:

The Island is pretty much the same as when we were last there. The description is in the IC. I'll add it to the archive later.

Reminder to our newer players: Unless you're on NA or Slo's or Gio's story, we ALL go. The Building has vanished as usual.

Some basic things about the Island:
  • Native people still live there. Two tribes, one still hidden. Killing natives is a Bad Thing.
  • The cove is still there (where Bran's characters somehow became Mer).
  • Swith's compound is still on the atoll with a narrow footpath through the lagoon.
  • Pookie will be back.
  • All the huts are still along the beach. You guys can pimp them out however you want.
  • The large pavilion where Bran and Rylli married, and where we hold our Christmas feasts, is still there. We'll do another feast on 25 Dec, for those able to play that night. We don't RP the cooking part. We just call the group together and everyone tucks in and enjoys the feast. You don't personally have to celebrate Christmas. There are some religious tones for those characters that do (the grotto) but it's mostly a gift exchange and holiday silliness.
  • Entertainment this year (please remember, it serves as a BACKDROP) might be some volunteers from our character pool? How about some beautiful violin music after the meal? Or maybe we could have everyone go down to the beach for a campfire? Holiday carols?
  • I'd like to see a Zalgo New Year. *evil laugh* We'll see.
  • Yes, we'll do a present exchange again this year.
  • Yes, I have a minor story in the works. It depends upon my schedule. I won't be able to run it if players join and then don't post in a timely (every other day or daily) manner.

Out of bounds stuff (unless players ask permission): the Volcano base belongs to NVE. The Templar compound belongs to GT - off limits as he's not with us. The Chaos compound belongs to Swith. The Bones & Co bunker belongs to Bones. The Techpriest lair is there for those that need it. It's our only tech resource so don't trash it. The Monfrox compound is ruins, per canon. No tech or weapons remain.

Have fun. Pick your character's hut. Run around the beach. Unpack. Explore. You make your own stories, and find your own adventures. Magical plants that turn people into animals? You bet. Weird starfish that eat your toes? Sure. Windy cliffs to climb for the hell of it? Yup. Go pick some berries and have a feast. Or go hunt an island pig and roast him for dinner. Enjoy.

Sounds well good.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The BranRiech
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby The BranRiech » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:52 am

Sounds like the Island would actually be a good spot to jump back in. Looks like I came back at the right time. :p Thanks, Cer. If I have to, I can make new apps for Drova and Yuna (I'd be using them mainly, possibly bringing back Char!Bran or something if I feel up to it)

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Cerillium wrote:Entertainment this year (please remember, it serves as a BACKDROP) might be some volunteers from our character pool? How about some beautiful violin music after the meal? Or maybe we could have everyone go down to the beach for a campfire? Holiday carols?

Amanda would be up for carolling, thought she'd probably go surprisingly light on anything to do with that Jesus guy. :P

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:03 pm

The BranRiech wrote:Sounds like the Island would actually be a good spot to jump back in. Looks like I came back at the right time. :p Thanks, Cer. If I have to, I can make new apps for Drova and Yuna (I'd be using them mainly, possibly bringing back Char!Bran or something if I feel up to it)

You can use last apps if you can find the link to them.

Yuna is still in Gio's story. She currently has a wee bit too much daemon taint (the excuse for why she's not behaving completely normal, and also a means for me to manage two characters in two different locations at once). I'm not sure how long Gio's story will run but Yuna's tied up there for the time being.

Aw fuck. Slo I forgot to include the "special guests" in last night's transition post. I'm happy to edit it to make things fit. Say the word or offer a bit of text to be squeezed (squozen!) in.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Hey Cer, what's included in the huts in terms of provisions and other items provided?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Giovenith wrote:

Aegis got a reply.

Okay. I'll try to get something done tonight.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Cerillium wrote:Aw fuck. Slo I forgot to include the "special guests" in last night's transition post. I'm happy to edit it to make things fit. Say the word or offer a bit of text to be squeezed (squozen!) in.

Gesquöslich. :P

It's fine as it is. I kept track.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:23 pm

It will be wrapped up relatively soon. They're in the final stages.
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse