NATION

PASSWORD

The Livability Index! (Open again! Now self-service)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hypparchia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypparchia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:48 am

General Information
Nation's Name: Grand People's Republic of Hypparchia
Government Type: Single-party state
RP Population: 1,300,000,000

Game Stats (Doesn't have to be the ones from NS.)
Civil Rights: Some, so much as the people remain content of what they already have.
Political Freedoms: Few. There are elections every 5 years, but only to favor the development of a different area (see factbook)
Economy: Planned, high-tech and somewhat mismanaged

Education
Is it Compulsary: Absolutely.
Private or Public: Public.
Class Size: Average - 25-30 students
Percentage of chidren going to school: 99.6%
Literacy Rate: 100%
Teachers per class: 7

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: no idea, but we have 9.4 births / 1000 people
Number of deaths in a year: 5.9 deaths / 1000 people
Doctors per 100,000 people: 970
Is euthanasia legal: Yes
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Excellent.

Security
Crime Level: There is virtually no crime in Hypparchia.
FIre Safety: It is practically impossible for a building to catch a fire as there are strict regulations on safety and prevention.

Economy
GDP: About 7 trillion
GDP per capita: $ 14,000
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: High-tech one, but with a certain degree of mismanagement.
Salary per capita a year: $ 22,000

Jobs
Primary Industry: Electronics and machinery
Secondary Inndustry: Transportation
TertiaryIndustry: Processing
Quaternary Industry: Arms manufacturing

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: The State, of course. We're already on zero greenhouse gas emissions.
Condition: Sterile. There is almost no trace of human activity on the environment.

Land Use
Urban Areas: 0.2 %
Surburban Areas: We don't really have suburbs. There's urban areas and rural areas proper only.
Rural Areas: 8.7 %
Forests: 76%
Others: 15.1%
Last edited by Hypparchia on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:51 am

Hypparchia wrote:
General Information

Civil Rights: Some, so much as the people remain content of what they already have.
Political Freedoms: Few. There are elections every 5 years, but only to favor the development of a different area (see factbook)

Education

Healthcare

Security
FIre Safety: It is practically impossible for a building to catch a fire as there are strict regulations on safety and prevention.

Economy
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: High-tech one, but with a certain degree of mismanagement.

Jobs

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: The State, of course. We're already on zero greenhouse gas emissions.
Condition: Sterile. There is almost no trace of human activity on the environment.

Land Use
Surburban Areas: We don't really have suburbs. There's urban areas and rural areas proper only.

I'm sorry, closed for now.
Now mostly a politik discuss account.

Hypparchia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hypparchia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:52 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
Hypparchia wrote:
General Information

Education

Healthcare

Security

Economy

Jobs

Environment

Land Use

You gotta be kidding. I posted this while it wasn't yet closed.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:56 am

Hypparchia wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
Hypparchia wrote:
General Information

Education

Healthcare

Security

Economy

Jobs

Environment

Land Use

You gotta be kidding. I posted this while it wasn't yet closed.

I am sorry, there are lots of ohers wanting their form going through as well and I just got out of a four day ban, so could you please give me a break until tomorrow?
Last edited by Sungai Pusat on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

La Habana
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:07 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:Economy
GDP: Doesn't Matter
GDP per capita:
$25,000 to $49,999 ~ 1 point
$50,000 to $74,999 ~ 2 points
$75,000 to $99,999 ~ 3 points
$100,000 and above ~ 4 points
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: 1 point for advanced economy
Salary per capita a year:
$50,000 to $99,999 ~ 1 point
$100,000 to $149,999 ~ 2 points
$150,000 to $199,999 ~ 3 points
$200,000 and above ~ 5 points

OOC: I don't want to be accused of being a troll, but no nation on NationStates has a GDP per capita above 50,000 in the nations currency (whatever it happens to be), the game coding does not allow it. Just to prove it, look at this NS calculator for my nation: http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/la_habana

As you can see, my GDP has been pushed to it's very limit at U$47,572.77 (my currency is the Uber, that is why there is the letter 'U' there). factoring in the exchange rate of 2.0301 from my currency to normal dollars, we get $96,577.48, so in dollars my GDP per capita is about $100,000. As you can see, there is no way that a nation can have a GDP above $100,000.
Last edited by La Habana on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Original CyberPunk Dystopia of NationStates.
Proteus of F7, God of Foresight and Transformation.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
Council Member of The Vladivostok Alliance.
New Sociopia wrote:Really camp Jesus flailing his wrists wildly and saying 'Like, ohmygod! Get out of the temple bitches! You aren't nearly fabulous enough!'
La Habana wrote:
Kalasparata wrote:I own most of Antarctica!

Like hell you do.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:12 am

La Habana wrote:
GDP per capita:
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: 1 point for advanced economy

OOC: I don't want to be accused of being a troll, but no nation on NationStates has a GDP per capita above the $50,000 mark, the game coding does not allow it.

No, I mean the NSTracker system. They calculate using the currency of the nation. So technically, it is possible. Besides, on most calculators the maximum GDP per capita is $100,000. BTW, that can be your RP GDP per capita.

La Habana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:19 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
La Habana wrote:
GDP per capita:

OOC: I don't want to be accused of being a troll, but no nation on NationStates has a GDP per capita above the $50,000 mark, the game coding does not allow it.

No, I mean the NSTracker system. They calculate using the currency of the nation. So technically, it is possible. Besides, on most calculators the maximum GDP per capita is $100,000. BTW, that can be your RP GDP per capita.

I edited my post to further explain what I meant, have another look at the re-edited post that I made.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
New Sociopia wrote:Really camp Jesus flailing his wrists wildly and saying 'Like, ohmygod! Get out of the temple bitches! You aren't nearly fabulous enough!'
La Habana wrote:

Like hell you do.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:21 am

La Habana wrote:
GDP per capita:

OOC: I don't want to be accused of being a troll, but no nation on NationStates has a GDP per capita above 50,000 in the nations currency (whatever it happens to be), the game coding does not allow it. Just to prove it, look at this NS calculator for my nation: http://tracker.conquestofabsolution.com/la_habana

As you can see, my GDP has been pushed to it's very limit at U$47,572.77 (my currency is the Uber, that is why there is the letter 'U' there). factoring in the exchange rate of 2.0301 from my currency to normal dollars, we get $96,577.48, so in dollars my GDP per capita is about $100,000. As you can see, there is no way that a nation can have a GDP above $100,000.

Like I said, RP. The nation of Francacia (I think, kinda forgot the name) has an RP GDP of $100,000. But if it is not possible RPly or in NS< then that shall be edited.

La Habana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby La Habana » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:27 am

Sungai Pusat wrote:
La Habana wrote:
GDP per capita:

Like I said, RP. The nation of Francacia (I think, kinda forgot the name) has an RP GDP of $100,000. But if it is not possible RPly or in NS< then that shall be edited.

I'm one of those people that likes to use the calculators as a guarantee of a nations ability to pay for things in storefronts etc, because it stops n00bs from trying to buy a million nukes on their first day on NationStates. I also like them because it means you can gauge how realistic it is for a nation to do what they say that they are doing; for example if a nation says that they have a military of 100 million men, and their military budget is zero, then you know that they are just talking bullshit.

The reason I brought this issue up is that my nation wouldn't score many points on your economics scale that you have made, even though my economy is absolutely massive.
LA HABANA FACTBOOK
La Habana wrote:

Like hell you do.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 am

La Habana wrote:
Sungai Pusat wrote:
La Habana wrote:
GDP per capita:

I'm one of those people that likes to use the calculators as a guarantee of a nations ability to pay for things in storefronts etc, because it stops n00bs from trying to buy a million nukes on their first day on NationStates. I also like them because it means you can gauge how realistic it is for a nation to do what they say that they are doing; for example if a nation says that they have a military of 100 million men, and their military budget is zero, then you know that they are just talking bullshit.

The reason I brought this issue up is that my nation wouldn't score many points on your economics scale that you have made, even though my economy is absolutely massive.

OK, then. I will edit the score. But I'm afraid I have others to calculate, so you can either wait or calculate it yourselves.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Victorious Decepticons wrote:General Information
Nation's Name: The Empire of Victorious Decepticons
Government Type: Autocratic Military Dictatorship
RP Population: Whatever the NS page says when I get asked (right now, a bit over 3 billion)

Civil Rights: (NS)-Few (RP) None, or a frightening amount. It depends on what you consider a civil right. If you think you can do something without getting your butt blasted, feel free. Unless you're thinking of dissenting, at which point you'd find out that that'd be a *political* freedom. And you don't get any of those.
Political Freedoms: (NS)-Rare (RP) UNHEARD OF
Economy: (NS) Thriving. (RP) Better than that, but not perfect.

Education
Is it Compulsory: Yep; we don't want any ignoramuses.
Private or Public: ...it's a government-provided Standard Educational Data Pack that's pre-installed in all new Decepticons. I guess that's public...
Class Size: No classes, see above.
Percentage of children going to school: See above
Literacy Rate: 100%. (Sunset doesn't know what it's talking about.) ALL Decepticon citizens are literate as a result of the compulsory Standard Educational Data Pack installation.
Teachers per class: None, no classes, as explained above.

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: We don't really know how many new Decepticons are built in a year...
Number of deaths in a year: About 10,000.
Doctors Mechanics per 100,000 people: 10. But we do most physical repairs ourselves. Debuggers per 100,000 people: 50. Our Code is actually quite stable, but people tend to try to overclock themselves and such. This can result in glitches being introduced...

Is euthanasia legal: Try de facto mandatory. If Scroungers can overpower you, you're slag. The government won't intervene.
Overall Quality of Hospitals Repair Shops: Mechanics, B- to A+. Debugging, A+.

Security
Crime Level: Out of sight! Raiding, forgery, scamming, graft, we've got it all! Low. Only treason is a crime here, and most of us like Megatron, so that's pretty rare.

FIre Safety: Great. Metal's hard to burn, so there are rarely fires big enough to require a fire-department response. If someone's Energon goes up, though, he's out of luck. That stuff explodes. Still, the vaults it'd be in are fireproof, so the danger is contained.

Economy
GDP: (Too lazy to calcuate our RP GDP.)
GDP per capita: (RP) 100,000 Energon Cubes a year. (Sunset) A bit over 20,000 - but they know nothing of the RAIDING, so to heck with them! :p
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: Not sure what makes an economy a "banana" one. But we don't have real banks, so it probably qualifies. The lack of banks is because of the fact that the banker would take off with the money in the dead of night while laughing and saying "sucker" our desire to keep our Energon near us. Still, it's doing quite well.

Salary per capita a year: Jobs are only filled if they pay over 250k/year, and most of us don't earn a "salary" since taking a job is considered a sign of failure at the Decepticon Way. Raiding is our big industry, and is usually done by small independent raid-gangs. Low-prestige essentials like garbage removal are handled by independent Scroungers rather than hired workers.

Jobs
Primary Industry: Raiding! (This isn't a "job" in the true sense. Raid gangs are independent.)
Secondary Industry: Refining and Metal Production
TertiaryIndustry: Mining and Oil Drilling
Quaternary Industry: Paid Programming

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: General Carjack of Carjack Agriculture owns most of the un-mined, un-drilled land on Earth. He's the only one who gives a hoot about it enough to actually buy it up, but Megatron was glad to take his Energon Cubes for the "privilege" of owning it.

On Cybertron, we have no such thing as "environmental land." The entire planet is metal and supports no biolife - much of the latter aspect being by design.

Condition: Cybertron is perfect FOR US, and not at all good for biolife. We love it. Its environment makes it hard to invade, yet it protects us from rust, temperature-change stress, and the problems that go with dust. We also have no storms. The climate is hot, in no small part due to there being over 3 billion combustion engines constantly running, but we think it's perfect.

Earth's environment is vastly improved by biological standards, now that we eradicated all the cars, trucks, and nonsapient planes, closed the humans' factories, and basically shut down human society as it originally was. Still, some areas of Earth remain highly polluted, thanks to prior chemical spills and such. Also, OUR idea of a good environment and an Earthian's is vastly different. Many of us are creeped-out by how biological stuff like mold and bacteria seems to grow on ANYTHING left on that planet for even a few seconds! Not only that, there are now flocks of birds with millions of members, 4-legged things roaming all over in colossal herds, and other such freaky things. Former-humans, though, insist that the environment is much better now and seem to be GLAD to see the rampant biolife infesting everything it can.

Land Use
Urban Areas: Cybertron: 40%. Earth: None.
Surburban Areas: Cybertron: 60%. Earth: None
Rural Areas: Cybertron: 0%. Earth: 30%.
Forests: Cybertron: 0%. Earth: 50% of land area (yes, forestation has increased since we invaded, and it still is. With nobody chopping 'em down, the trees are doing quite well.)
Others: Earth: 5% Slave Housing Areas (Surface area. Underground, there is much more space used for this), 5% Decepticon-run installations and Decepticon housing, 10% undeveloped/other.

While we are far too lazy to put a point score on every single item, we will say that overall we would rate Victorious Decepticons as Extremely Livable - at least, for Decepticons.

Uh......... :blink:

:unsure: :idea:

I need to make a new index for you, I will get back o you when I do so.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:51 pm

[b]General Information[/b]
Nation's Name: cameroi
Government Type: inverted pyramid of elected councils
RP Population: aprox 1/20th ns game population and stable at that level

[b]Game Stats (Doesn't have to be the ones from NS.)
[/b]
Civil Rights: the only priority less then environment. thus world benchmark, in game and out. ~ 4 points
Political Freedoms: i suppose that would be a matter of perspective but i believe them to remain reasonably high. ~ 3 points
Economy: we regard the game economy stat as meaningless ~ Forfeited

[b]Education[/b]
Is it Compulsary: its actually a local option whether to make it compulsary or not. it is however nationally mandated that it be universally availabe and free. ~ Forfeited
Private or Public: it is nationally required to be universally available and free.
Class Size: a matter of local option and local priorities. small class size is of course encouraged and rewarded. ~ Forfeited
Percentage of chidren going to school: we are unawaire of any school age persons not attending ~ 5 points
Literacy Rate: greater then 99.999 percent ~ 5 points
Teachers per class: this might depend somewhat on how classroom is defined. ~ Forfeited

[b]Healthcare[/b]
Number of births in a year: 1/20th of optimal child rearing age persons actually give birth.
Number of deaths in a year: number of births and deaths per year approximately equal.
Doctors per 100,000 people: 5,000 ~ 5 points
Is euthanasia legal: under narrowly defined circumstances, which are isolated from econmic considerations.
Overall Quality of Hospitals: as high as available resources can possibly make them ~ 2 points

[b]Security[/b]
Crime Level: extremely low. ~ 3 points
FIre Safety: ~ Forfeited

[b]Economy[/b]
GDP: we measure GNH instead, and find that to be well above 80 percent. ~ This is a livability index, not a hapiness index. It just calculates the numbers that the nation is livable. Forfeited
GDP per capita: ~ Forfeited
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: it is advanced in unconventional ways ~ 1 point
Salary per capita a year: an irrelivant datum to the cameroi economic model ~ Forfeited.

[b]Jobs[/b]
Primary Industry: infrastructure
Secondary Inndustry: extraction, both mineral and agriculture
TertiaryIndustry: consumer, mostly decentralized
Quaternary Industry: export trade in infrastructure components
All areas filled: 11 points

[b]Environment[/b]
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: nature itself
Condition: healthy and stable ~ 2 points

[b]Land Use[/b]
Urban Areas: 1 per cent of land surface
Surburban Areas: 2 percent of land surface, though cameroi 'suburbs' are actually full service micro-cities in and of themselves
Rural Areas: 97 per cent, obviously.
Forests: 72 percent of cameroi is forested to densely forested
Others: the remaining 25 per cent is devided between agricultural 19, mostly low density and highly diversified organic agriculture, most of the remainder 5.8, being surface water and natural wetlands,
and there is two tenths of a percent, ridgetop windfarms.

Score: 41 points (OK)

I thought you would do badly, considering the number of forfeits.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:57 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: The Soviet Technocracy
Government Type: Autocracy
RP Population: 336.3 Billion

Civil Rights: Ridiculous. Widely abused, pretty much anything is legal short of a capital offence like kidnapping, murder, rape; and obvious crimes against property like arson and burglary. ~ 2 points
Political Freedoms: What is this?
Economy: Anything goes. You can start any business, as long as it doesn't violate any laws (and if you get enough money you can do that, too). ~ Forfeited, I mean economy, not econmic freedom!

Education
Is it Compulsory: Yes
Private or Public: Both
Class Size: Generally 10-20 ~ 4 points
Percentage of chidren going to school: >98% ~ 5 points
Literacy Rate: >99% ~ 5 points
Teachers per class: 1 ~ 1point

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: 4 million (11.9 births per 1,000)
Number of deaths in a year: 1.5 million (4.4 deaths per 1,000)
Doctors per 100,000 people: 5.2 (Basically twice the US) ~ Twice? I do ot think so.
Is euthanasia legal: Yes ~ 1 point
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Advanced ~ 3 points

Security
Crime Level: Generally low, but it depends on where you live (and what qualifies as a crime). Most citizens carry firearms around (sometimes out of necessity, but usually just because they can), so any real attempts to commit a robbery or daylight shooting would be thwarted in a crowded space. Basically, most crimes are where no one will find them, such as lonely, isolated spots of city stretches or dark alleyways. Generally, however, crime is kept very much under control by a combination of armed citizenry, paramilitary police officers and large amounts of charitable militias. ~ 3 points, interesting tactic! :)
Fire Safety: Fires are a rare occurrence, since most buildings have integrated fire suppression using gases such as halon. Generally, fires only occur in industrial areas such as metal smelting and processing plants, where halon is ineffective (and toxic). Most buildings, of course, have clearly marked fire extinguishers however, and generally everyone knows how to use one due to the simple instructions printed on the side. Forest fires are, for obvious reasons, non-existent. ~ 3 points

Economy
GDP: $13,277,073,533,545,803
GDP per capita: $39,469 ~ 1 point
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: Advanced and sustainable. ~ 1 point, mines is sustainable too!
Salary per capita a year: What? The average? Somewhere around 39,500 USD eqv.? ~ Sorry, I meant each worker. I'll multiply by two. 1 point

Jobs
Primary Industry: Consulting
Secondary Industry: Medicine
Tertiary Industry: Information Technology
Quaternary Industry: Aerospace Manufacturing
All filled: 11 points

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Corporations and private individuals
Condition: Godawful

Land Use
Urban Areas: 80%
Surburban Areas: 17%
Rural Areas: 2%
Forests: 1%
Others: 0%

Score: 41 points (OK)

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:03 pm

tag
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: The Federation of the Oriental Southerners
Government Type: Democratic Republic
RP Population: 113 million

Civil Rights: Few ~ 1 point
Political Freedoms: Superb ~ 4 points
Economy: Good ~ 2 points

Education
Is it Compulsary: No ~ 2 points
Private or Public: Public
Class Size: 20-25 students ~ 3 points
Percentage of chidren going to school: 80% ~ 4 points
Literacy Rate: 88% ~ 4 points
Teachers per class: Depends on the class ~ Forfeited

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: 25.8
Number of deaths in a year: 6.3
Doctors per 100,000 people: (no idea) ~ Forfeited
Is euthanasia legal: No
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Hospitals are very well kept ~ 2 points

Security
Crime Level: Moderate usually in the cities ~ 1 point
FIre Safety: Very good ~ 2 points

Economy
GDP: $1,118 billion
GDP per capita :$9,893
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: Kind of narrow question we have a very healthy agriculture economy yes but we have other areas such as tourism, manufacturing that anchor it
Salary per capita a year: ? ~ FORFEITED! :evil:

Jobs
Primary Industry: Agriculture
Secondary Industry: Manufacturing
TertiaryIndustry: Tourism
Quaternary Industry: Fishing and Oil Production
All filled: 11 points

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Private property
Condition: Very good? ~ 2 points

Land Use
Urban Areas: 65% in all states
Surburban Areas: 25%
Rural Areas: 10%
Forests: Mostly swamp land but yes same proportion as rural land
Others: Beach front

Score: 35 points (OK)

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:09 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: The Batory Empire
Government Type: Absolute monarchy. Meritocratic bureaucracy, federalist provinces.
RP Population: Over 13 billion (if it matters... usually it doesn't). See sig.

Civil Rights: Excellent. ~ 4 points
Political Freedoms: Unheard of.
Economy: Powerhouse. ~ 5 points

Education
Is it Compulsary: Yes.
Private or Public: Mostly public.
Class Size: Depends on the class. At the university level, seminars are only about 10 people while lectures can have as many as 500. In secondary school, generally the lowest is 10-15 (art classes), and 50 is the most (Physical education, orchestras). In most academic classes, the size is about 25. ~ I'm going with the 25. 3 points
Percentage of chidren going to school: 98% ~ 5 points
Literacy Rate: 99.998% ~ 5 points
Teachers per class: Depends on the class. ~ Forfeited!

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: Those statistics are unavailable.
Number of deaths in a year: Those statistics are unavailable.
Doctors per 100,000 people: Between one and two thousand. ~ 5 points
Is euthanasia legal: Yes. ~ 1 point
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Very high. ~ 3 points

Security
Crime Level: Low. ~ 2 points
Fire Safety: Very good in most provinces. The Empress is not interested in her citizens being cooked. ~ 2 points

Economy
GDP: We don't keep track of this one.
GDP per capita: Nor this one. ~ Forfeited!
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: Advanced. ~ 1 point
Salary per capita a year: Various between fifteen thousand and one hundred thousand swords. What is this?

Jobs
Primary Industry: Right now, tourism, it seems.
Secondary Industry: Film, animation, pornography.
Tertiary Industry: Shipbuilding, trade.
Quaternary Industry: Beer and other alcoholic beverages.
Well..... all filled, I guess..... :unsure: : 11 points

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Technically, the Empress owns ALL land. The Empire is her property. Most of it is still reserved by the Empress rather than leased out to private interests.
Condition: Stunningly gorgeous. ~ 3 points

Land Use
Urban Areas: We have many of these.
Surburban Areas: Almost none of these, in the conventional sense.
Rural Areas: Widespread.
Forests: Huge.
Others: We have mountains that it's impossible to build on, nor would we want to, and also some open plains and tundra, in some areas even desert.

Score: 50 points (Good)

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:14 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: The Democratic Federation of Unified Western States
Government Type: Unitary Tricameral Direct Presidential Republic
RP Population: 4.600 billion

Civil Rights: Excellent ~ 4 points
Political Freedoms: Superb ~ 4 points
Economy: Frightening (which means really good) ~ Yeah, I know! 5 points

Education
Is it Compulsary: Yes
Private or Public: A mix of both
Class Size: The average class size for private is 13. For public, 20 ~ I'm going with middle. 4 points
Percentage of children going to school: 98-100% ~ 5 points
Literacy Rate: 99.9% ~ 5 points
Teachers per class: It varies school to school ~ 2 points as an average.

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: Between 330,000 and 500,000
Number of deaths in a year: 90,000-150,000
Doctors per 100,000 people: 500 ~ 5 points
Is euthanasia legal: Yes ~ 1 points
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Excellent ~ 3 points

Security
Crime Level: None existent ~ 3 points
FIre Safety: Extremely low

Economy
GDP: USD$162,887,941,639,109.81
GDP per capita: $35,341.28 ~ 1 point
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: Advanced ~ 1 point
Salary per capita a year: Data not collected/available ~ Forfeited

Jobs
Primary Industry: Weapon manufacturing
Secondary Industry: Information Technology
TertiaryIndustry: Biotechnology
Quaternary Industry: Construction
What??????
I guess all is filled.....
11 points

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Government
Condition: Pristine ~ A humongos 3 points! :)

Land Use
Urban Areas: 20%
Surburban Areas: 10%
Rural Areas: 10%
Forests: 49%
Others: 1%

Score: 57 points (Good)

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:18 pm

General Information
Nation's Name:
Government Type: Democracy with Monarchy
RP Population: 264 million

Civil Rights: Below average ~ 2 points
Political Freedoms: unheard of
Economy: strong ~ 4 points

Education
Is it Compulsary: yes
Private or Public: both
Class Size: 16 ~ 4 points
Percentage of chidren going to school: 99% ~ 5 points
Literacy Rate: 99% ~ 5 points
Teachers per class: 1.2 ~ 1 point

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: 6 million
Number of deaths in a year:4 million
Doctors per 100,000 people: 820 ~ 5 points
Is euthanasia legal: only applied if through the legal system
Overall Quality of Hospitals: very good ~ 2 points

Security
Crime Level: very low ~ 3 points
FIre Safety: very safe ~ 3 points

Economy
GDP: $2,048,465,705,035.80
GDP per capita: $7,759.34
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: advanced ~ 1 point
Salary per capita a year: see above

Jobs
Primary Industry: Military enterprises
Secondary Inndustry: Mining
TertiaryIndustry: Services
Quaternary Industry: Retail
All filled? :o

11 points

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Government
Condition: Pristine ~ 3 points

Land Use
Urban Areas: 5%
Surburban Areas: 9%
Rural Areas: 31%
Forests: 39%
Others:20%

Score: 44 points (OK)

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:24 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: The Communistic Ninjas of Jalanat
Government Type: Social Unitary Semi-Presidential Republic
RP Population: 1.809 Billion

Civil Rights: Superb ~ 4 points
Political Freedoms: Excessive ~ 3 points
Economy: Socialist ~ I'll take fomr NS, 3 points

Education
Is it Compulsary: No, it's compulsory.
Class Size: 25 ~ 3 points
Percentage of chidren going to school: 100% ~ 5 points
Literacy Rate: 99.8% ~ 5 points
Teachers per class: 1.5 ~ 2 points

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: (14.2/1,000)
Number of deaths in a year: (5.7/1,000)
Doctors per 100,000 people: 77
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Outstanding ~ 3 points

Security
Crime Level: Very Low ~ 3 points
FIre Safety: Excellent ~ 3 points

Economy
GDP: $36,180,000,000,000
GDP per capita: $20,000
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: advanced ~ 1 point
Salary per capita a year: $20,000

Jobs
Primary Industry: Tourism
Secondary Inndustry: Information Technology
TertiaryIndustry: Entertainment
Quaternary Industry: Trout Fishing

All filled?????
Wel, that's some nonsencical swaps.
11 points

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Hippies, just kidding, the government.
Condition: Outstanding ~ 3 points

Land Use
Urban Areas: 20.1%
Surburban Areas: 26.9%
Rural Areas: 33.9%
Forests: 11.3%
Others: 6.2%

Score: 50 points (OK)

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:37 pm

General Information
Nation's Name:Hayaba
Government Type:Republic
RP Population:300,235,135

Civil Rights:World Benchmark ~ 4 points
Political Freedoms:World Benchmark ~ 4 points
Economy:All consuming ~ 5 points

Education
Is it Compulsary:Yes
Private or Public:Both
Class Size:20-60 ~ 3 points
Percentage of chidren going to school:100% ~ 5 points
Literacy Rate:100% ~ 5 points
Teachers per class:9 ~ Forfeited, nearly impossible to achieve with 100% of people going to school.

Healthcare
Number of births in a year:600,000
Number of deaths in a year:534,246
Doctors per 100,000 people:98,357 ~ Forfeited, not everyone can be a doctor!
Is euthanasia legal:Yex ~ That's yes, not yex. 1 point
Overall Quality of Hospitals:High Quality ~ 2 points

Security
Crime Level:Low ~ 2 points
FIre Safety:1 Fire per 34 days ~ GIve me in overall, not in number per how many days. ~ 2 points

Economy
GDP:406,240,290,024
GDP per capita:90,345 ~ 4 points
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one:Advanced one
Salary per capita a year:46,890 ~ Please, look at your GDP per capita and check this one. Is this type of salary comparable to your GDP per capita? I don't think so. To be kind, I'll multiply by four.

3 points

Jobs
Primary Industry:Arms manufacturing
Secondary Inndustry:Oil and Gas
TertiaryIndustry:Iron and Steel
Quaternary Industry:Uranium mining

What is this? All of the industries you mentioned should go to primary!
1 point

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment:Private companies
Condition:High ~ 2 points

Land Use
Urban Areas:60% live
Surburban Areas:32% live
Rural Areas:7.9% live
Forests:0.06% live
Others:0.04 live in tundra

Score: 43 points (OK)

Sungai Pusat
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Sungai Pusat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:43 pm

General Information

Civil Rights: Some, so much as the people remain content of what they already have. ~ 1 point
Political Freedoms: Few. There are elections every 5 years, but only to favor the development of a different area (see factbook) ~ 1 point
Economy: Planned, high-tech and somewhat mismanaged ~ Taking from NS, 1 point

Education
Class Size: Average - 25-30 students ~ 3 points
Percentage of chidren going to school: 99.6% ~ 5 points
Literacy Rate: 100% ~ 5 points
Teachers per class: 7 ~ Forfeited, seems too impossible to achive, like Hayaba's

Healthcare
Doctors per 100,000 people: 970 ~ 5 points
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Excellent. ~ 3 points

Security
Crime Level: There is virtually no crime in Hypparchia. ~ 3 points
FIre Safety: It is practically impossible for a building to catch a fire as there are strict regulations on safety and prevention. ~ I'm guessing that works...... 3 points

Economy
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: High-tech one, but with a certain degree of mismanagement. ~ 1 point

Jobs
All swapped, but every one of them named correctly will be able to get into a category.

11 points

Environment
Condition: Sterile. There is almost no trace of human activity on the environment. ~ 3 points

Land Use

Score: 46 points (Good)

Redslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Redslavia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:37 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: National Union of Redslavia
Government Type: Absolutist Military Dictatorship
RP Population: 1.8 billion

Civil Rights: Below Average (2)
Political Freedoms: Outlawed (0)
Economy: Thriving (4, RP'd as such, I hate the neoliberal economics scale.)

Education
Is it Compulsory: Yes
Class Size: 15 (4, on average)
Percentage of chidren going to school: 98.7% (5)
Literacy Rate: 99.2% (5)
Teachers per class: 2 (2)

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: 7.2 per 1,000 people
Number of deaths in a year: 5.2 per 1,000 people
Doctors per 100,000 people: 847 (5)
Is euthanasia legal: No (0)
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Above Average/High (2)

Security
Crime Level: Almost none (3)
Fire Safety: Above Really High (3)

Economy
GDP: $56,710
GDP per capita: $76,920 (3)
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: Advanced (1)
Salary per capita a year: $189,435 (3)

Jobs Note: All industry is government owned and operated.
Primary Industry: Arms Manufacturing (1)
Secondary Industry: Transportation (2)
Tertiary Industry: Electronics (3)
Quaternary Industry: Soda Sales (5)

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Government, in fact, all of Redslavian property is state owned.
Condition: Excellent, due to our green (literally) energy policy and care for the environment.

Land Use
Urban Areas: 30%
Surburban Areas: Does not exist, the majority of the populace lives in the Urban areas
Rural Areas: 25% (Includes all farming combines and desolated prisons)
Forests: 40% (Includes Tiberium fields)
Others: 5%

Overall Score: 52 (I still think that is kind of low for such an FT nation like ourselves, but this is my honest RP stats.
My Political Matrix Score: Economic score: -8.19
Social score: +8.26

Member of the Corporate Fascist Party
Also a member of the Steel Pact.

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:03 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: The Intercontinental Federation of Orlkjestad
Government Type: Federative Constitutional Monarchy (Monarch has no power: all power belongs to the Prime Minister and Parliament)
RP Population: 2.057

Civil Rights: Exellent - 4 points
Political Freedoms: Superb - 4 points
Economy: All-Consuming - 5 points

Education
Is it Compulsary: From ages 6-18/17, yes (Preschool and Kindergarten are optional, but both are often chosen)
Private or Public: Both
Class Size: 10-15 - 5 points
Percentage of chidren going to school: Near 100 percent - 5 points
Literacy Rate: 100% - 5 points
Teachers per class: 3 or more

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: 14.9 births/1000 people
Number of deaths in a year: 3.7 deaths/1000 people
Doctors per 100,000 people: 791 - 5 points
Is euthanasia legal: Yes - 1 point
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Very High - 3 points

Security
Crime Level: Unknown - 3 points
FIre Safety: Extremely high - 3 points

Economy
GDP: $62,940,789,176,844.24
GDP per capita: $30,598.34 - 1 point
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: Advanced with very large agriculture and agribusiness sectors
Salary per capita a year: 201,029 - 5 points

Jobs
Primary Industry: Filled - 1 point
Secondary Inndustry: Filled - 2 points
TertiaryIndustry: Filled - 3 points
Quaternary Industry: Filled - 5 points

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Family farmers own majority, followed by unowned land, public land, and corporate-owned land
Condition: Pristine - 3 points

Land Use
Urban Areas: 4.8%
Surburban Areas: 12.1%
Rural Areas: 64.1%
Forests: 17.5%
Others: 2.5%
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Sebastianalandia
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sebastianalandia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:33 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: The United Socialist States of Sebastianalandia
Government Type: Communist single-party state
RP Population:

Civil Rights: Very Good
Political Freedoms: Unheard Of
Economy: Imploded

Education
Is it Compulsary: Yes
Class Size: About 20
Percentage of chidren going to school: In the higher 90's
Teachers per class: Depends on subject

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: --
Number of deaths in a year: --
Doctors per 100,000 people: Think in terms of Cuba
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Superb (who needs soup with actual meat in it when you can have superb hospitals?)

Security
Crime Level: Virtually non-existant
FIre Safety: Pretty high

Economy
GDP: Low as low can be
GDP per capita: 20 cents, about
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: We are completely moneyless; the economy is mostly state-managed; industries are mostly advanced (especially green technology)
Salary per capita a year: Salaries? What are those?

Jobs
Secondary Inndustry: Defense
TertiaryIndustry: Renewable-Energy Technology
Quaternary Industry: Capital goods

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: The State
Condition: Pristine

Land Use
Urban Areas: A few growing centres
Surburban Areas: Almost non-existant
Rural Areas: Most of the land
Forests: A large area
Others: The rest

Last edited by Sebastianalandia on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soldaten, Kameraden, kämpft alle für Euer Vaterland und die ruhmreiche Revolution, die es verkörpert!
Milites, Amici, decertate pro patria revolutioque pro qua designat!
Cuauhtin, icniuh mochinti, yaotihua moca amointlal ihuan ic mahuizauhqui hualmocuepa ihcac!
Saighdiúirí, Chomrádaithe, troid do dó thír agus an réabhlóid ghlórmhar a léiríonn sé!
Cabinet:
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16692&p=1322181#p1322181

COMINTERN, Worker's Pact, Serovskaya Pact, Observer of the SEC, COMCON

The Steel Fraternity wrote:Godless, infanticidal Communists, and avowed enemies of freedom and democracy.

Napalm would be less efficient than nuclear weapons, but much more satisfying.

Sagatagan wrote:[T]hese Leninist dogs ought to be beheaded!

Dashoguzistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dashoguzistan » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:29 pm

General Information
Nation's Name: The Republic of Dashoguzistan
Government Type: Direct Democratic Confederacy
RP Population: 3 Million

Civil Rights: Great
Political Freedoms: Great
Economy: Third World

Education
Is it Compulsary: No
Private or Public: Public, mostly.
Class Size: 25 students
Percentage of chidren going to school: 76.2%
Literacy Rate: 86%
Teachers per class: 1

Healthcare
Number of births in a year: 246,700
Number of deaths in a year: 32,000
Doctors per 100,000 people: 5
Overall Quality of Hospitals: Not good or bad.

Security
Crime Level: High
FIre Safety: Low

Economy
GDP: $$3,117,808,485
GDP per capita: $523
Is the economy a banana economy or an advanced one: Banana Economy
Salary per capita a year: $2,342 Equivalent

Jobs
Secondary Inndustry: Enginerring
TertiaryIndustry:
Quaternary Industry:

Environment
Who owns most or all of the land for the environment: Public
Condition: Natural

Land Use
Urban Areas: 1%
Surburban Areas: 5%
Rural Areas: 22%
Forests:
Others: Desert 72%
Last edited by Dashoguzistan on Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information