NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A Century of Blood [OOC/Signup] Concluded

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Continuation of Game of Thrones (Where should we go next?)

Poll ended at Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:09 pm

Continue this RP
9%
War of the Five Kings
No votes
Year of the False Spring
No votes
King's Landing Reboot (If you were in that RP you'll know what I'm referring to)
No votes
Robert's Rebellion
45%
The Holy King (Baelor's reign)
No votes
Blackfyre Rebellion
45%
Some thing else (Leave a post)
No votes

Total votes : 11

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:48 pm

The Forsworn Knights wrote:
The Independent Hazerls wrote:So... how's everyone??

Pretty good, trying to come up with half-baked ways for Bloodstone to conquer its neighbors.

Could always petition for some assistance from Driftmark :)
Valyrians gotta stick together and whatnot
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keirsey Temperament: Mastermind/Architect (INTJ)
The Empire of Warg is a Class Z9 Nation
Emperor: Walker Alexander Ross Graves III
Crown Prince: Walker Alexander Ross Graves IV
Field Marshal: Valus Artyom Regulus Graves
Grandmaster of the Order of Algol: Booker Roland Oxley Graves
Pro: Libertarianism, LGBT, Abortion, Religious Freedom, Refugee Aid
Anti: Conservatism, Totalitarianism, SWERFs/TERFs, Theocracies
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

Collectivism score: 17%
Authoritarianism score: 17%
Internationalism score: 33%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 83%

Threat Level: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, EPSILON

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:06 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Pretty good, trying to come up with half-baked ways for Bloodstone to conquer its neighbors.

Could always petition for some assistance from Driftmark :)

Hey you Driftmark. Don't you be helping anyone. We TRUE/HIGH Valyrians will be following Isolationism at first. Until Volantis proves to be a problem.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Could always petition for some assistance from Driftmark :)

Hey you Driftmark. Don't you be helping anyone. We TRUE/HIGH Valyrians will be following Isolationism at first. Until Volantis proves to be a problem.

But helping in the Stepstones aids the Blackwater Bay Valyrians, since pirates there could harass our trading ships as they are wont to do, and having allies is always useful :p
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5D Political Test: Left-Leaning Pro-Government Interventionist Humanist Libertine

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:14 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Hey you Driftmark. Don't you be helping anyone. We TRUE/HIGH Valyrians will be following Isolationism at first. Until Volantis proves to be a problem.

But helping in the Stepstones aids the Blackwater Bay Valyrians, since pirates there could harass our trading ships as they are wont to do, and having allies is always useful :p

We don't need allies, we have dragons.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:17 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:But helping in the Stepstones aids the Blackwater Bay Valyrians, since pirates there could harass our trading ships as they are wont to do, and having allies is always useful :p

We don't need allies, we have dragons.

Dragons are good, allies are good and gold is good...but you know whats awesome?
Having gold, allies and dragons 8)
Plus all that unclaimed land would be nice
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:26 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:We don't need allies, we have dragons.

Dragons are good, allies are good and gold is good...but you know whats awesome?

Also this a good time to bring this up.

Everyone please know that I won't be steamrolling everyone with Balerion. Or I won't try to, as I believe that the more I burn the more the small folk will hate us, same with the lords of that land. Once the Volantis War is over and the War of Conquest starts the RP will be about either surviving the conquest and then depending on the results, living after the Conquest. (Trying to take Aegon's Throne or reclaim their lost Kingdom) so I will try to have to hold the throne even after taking it and keep the realm together.

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:Dragons are good, allies are good and gold is good...but you know whats awesome?

Also this a good time to bring this up.

Everyone please know that I won't be steamrolling everyone with Balerion. Or I won't try to, as I believe that the more I burn the more the small folk will hate us, same with the lords of that land. Once the Volantis War is over and the War of Conquest starts the RP will be about either surviving the conquest and then depending on the results, living after the Conquest. (Trying to take Aegon's Throne or reclaim their lost Kingdom) so I will try to have to hold the throne even after taking it and keep the realm together.

So how long from the start of this till Aegon begins his conquest?

Cause I've got plans
Last edited by Eraus on Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Eraus wrote:
The Valyria Empire wrote:Also this a good time to bring this up.

So how long from the start of this till Aegon begins his conquest?

Cause I've got plans

Well there is the Volantis War, so if your not involved in it you probably won't have to worry about Aegon for a while, unless you plan on joining the Volantis War

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:55 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Eraus wrote:So how long from the start of this till Aegon begins his conquest?

Cause I've got plans

Well there is the Volantis War, so if your not involved in it you probably won't have to worry about Aegon for a while, unless you plan on joining the Volantis War

Nope....not thanks I'm staying on my own Continent for now at least
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:31 am

Eraus wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:Well there is the Volantis War, so if your not involved in it you probably won't have to worry about Aegon for a while, unless you plan on joining the Volantis War

Nope....not thanks I'm staying on my own Continent for now at least

4BC was the original "date"
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:37 am

Hmm...Dorne sounds like a nice alternative to the dreary stormlords at least. Hell like you said we may end up going after the freehold. Give those dragonless essosi valyrian triarchs something to think about.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

The Forsworn Knights
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Forsworn Knights » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:31 am

Benuty wrote:Hmm...Dorne sounds like a nice alternative to the dreary stormlords at least. Hell like you said we may end up going after the freehold. Give those dragonless essosi valyrian triarchs something to think about.

Plus Dorne actually won their war against Aegon the Conquerer due to their use of Guerrilla warfare, a form of warfare used by no-one else in the Seven Kingdoms save for the tribes in the northern regions.

Query for Val Diddnt the Pirate-Lord of Bloodstone have a Valyrian Steel Longsword called 'Poison' that was acquired after they raided a ship carrying the sword after it had been bought for four chests of gold pre-doom? I would think that Lord Bloodstone would have seized that when he killed the Pirate-Lord.
Primary Author of The Forum Seven Guide to Location Threads
Reploid Productions wrote:It's rude to play with yourself in public.
Farnhamia wrote:
The Forsworn Knights wrote:Well, I assume Max Barry has money. So maybe he could buy a couple reporters.

He could but they don't keep for very long. A week, ten days if you keep them in the fridge, which is never convenient.
Reploid Productions wrote:Swearing is just fucking fine on this goddamn fucking forum
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:02 pm

So is the plan that as soon as we have dorne and stormlords we start?

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:03 pm

The Independent Hazerls wrote:So is the plan that as soon as we have dorne and stormlords we start?

Yes, I have a friend who is willing to pick up whatever is left over. So in case we don't have someone take the last region we have someone to help

The Independent Hazerls
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Independent Hazerls » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:05 pm

The Independent Hazerls wrote:So is the plan that as soon as we have dorne and stormlords we start?

Yes, I have a friend who is willing to pick up whatever is left over. So in case we don't have someone take the last region we have someone to help

Gr8 m8, I r8 and I don't h8
:D

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:37 pm

Kuhlfros wrote:House Name: House Maroran
House Sigil: A Compass on a party per blend sinister of dark byzantium (shade of purple) and cesious (shade of blue)
House Words: Guiding Fate
Allegiance Paid to: None
House Seat (Map location required, picture of Castle/town appreciated): The Sealord's Palace and Maroran Family Estate
Approx Number of military at command: Somewhere between 10,000-15,000 levies/trained Braavosi, easily capable of amassing 50,000 sellswords
The Main power of the Braavosi are at Sea with war fleet second to none with perhaps 200 warships to it's beck and call not to mention an even larger mercantile fleet
History of the House (At least two well written paragraphs please): The Marorans are a relatively new merchant nobility, arising after the great uncloaking after it's founding father, Aros Maroran, a merchant man whom owned a ship and carried goods of dubious origin and as among the first officially Braavosi ships to reach the far shore on the shadow of Asshai and return with it's wealth. It was this wealth which bought Aros his own estate and ships and crews and trade goods to continue his business. In comparison to the keyholders to the Iron Bank families, many of whom were very wealthy themselves. The Marorans and several other merchant families (magisters) were seen as upstarts but were soon accepted as the wealth and prosperity they brought to Braavos. The Marorans were accepted as magisters of Braavos and through business guile. Aros made them family very wealthy and have their on share in the Iron Bank and more.

Of course that as some time ago and like water, wealth ebbs and flows, the Maroran's wealth and prosperity was no different. Since the time of the uncloaking one Sealord of Maroran had reigned until now, this sealord, named Belero was known for sinking the last great Sarnori War Fleet prior to it's destruction. The Current head of the family, Sealord Haren Maroran has seen a great amount of wealth fall into Maroran hands with cunning and beguiling business deals and buying out smaller magister famileis as well as create cadet magisters. Under him has also seen a greater militarization in foresight of the wars wreaking havoc southern Essos.

App:
Name: Sealord Haren Maroran
House: Maroran
Titles: Sealord of Braavos, Iron Keyholder, Warden of the Coasts, Magister of the Maroran Family
House Seat: The Sealord's Palace and also the Maroran Estate
House Sigil: A compass on a field diagnolly split between dark purple and blue-gray
Allegiance paid to: None, the City of Braavos
Appearance (Picture appreciated): Despite his age and wealthy upbringing, Haren has a stout body and calloused hands, in his youth he was scoffed at for his unorthodox appearance. With a finely trimmed and pulled back graying-black hair and a short trimmed beard of the same nature. His skin is a dark tan with plenty of wrinkles from being out in the sun. What sticks out is his clear, green eyes which bear a quiet or intelligent ferocity.
Personality: Haren is a patient man, and firmly ambitious and clever. He is extremely diligent and undeniably passionate for Braavos, progress, and improvement, that is of himself, his family, his business and the city. He is kind and just to his fellow Braavosi and ferocious to it's enemies.
Skills: Haren is a great business man, and with it a great administrator to boot, he also bears a great amount of charisma and diplomatic skill (negtiation) as well as plenty of intrigue and plotting to spare...he did become Sealord afterall

Haren is a sea-man true and true and a skilled admiral, however when it battle leaves coastal combat, Haren has experience, relying only on his education and quick wit and cunning to get him through.
Weaponry (If any): A Braavosi water-dancer sword, a Myrish crossbow
Military Strength (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.): Braavos can muster up to 15,000 along with another potential 50,000 sellswords, the true strength is at sea with 200 warships from dromonds to galleys
Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please): Haren was born at a difficult time for the Maroran family, a trade fleet which his father had put a great amount of trust and wealth into was attacked and stolen by pirates on it's trade mission. The Maroran family estate as growing smaller as his father had to sell more land, cursing the way he as raised and swearing he would raise his children different. Haren was put to work day in and day out, some days he would be studying and learning the art of business, administration, and leading. Other days he was out with House Maroran men, either on the docks, on the ships, or in the practice yards. It was then Haren found himself interested in water-dancing and the sea.

As Haren became a young man, he became a captain for his father's fleets and led them very successfully on trading operations and took the fight back to pirates and raiders when needed. But when he was back home, he was a water-dancer, known because he did not dress in flamboyance but in the dark, plain, but fine clothes he always wore. He was developing quite the name for himself when a young and new courtesan caught his eye, or perhaps they caught each-other's eyes and developed an interest in one another and a relationship budded.

It was then that Haren's life would spin as his father led a trade expedition only to get lost in the smoking sea, putting the family in debt and a young magister in charge, his younger brother was only 12 at the time. While he was 19 that courtesan that he loved abandoned her old ways and married the new magister, her name was Serylla. From then on a success story began, they together bore three children and raised them, Haren brought the family out of debt and brought in more wealth than before seen by the family thanks to his business tact. Eventually the old sealord died and the knives came out, due to his wealth, Haren literally bought weaker magisters own family and business into voting for him and making wealth for him in contracts that were equitable. Thus the new Sealord came to be and the challenges that have faced him for the past 20 years are arising to a whole new level with the threat of the Volantenes, not to mention the last of the Valyrians in Dragonstone.
RP Example:Memorial of the Fallen (RWBY) Game of Thrones Legacy Chapter 1 and 2 two being linked
Notes: Current Ancillaries
Wife: Serylla Foraris Maroran- Former courtesan of Valyrian heritage, tall, pale skin and white hair, purple eyes (42)
Daughter: Messila Maroran- a spitting image of her mother except her eyes are green with a glint of purple, beguiling and clever (18)
Sons: Andaro and Illareo- both taller than their father, and eyes purple, both tan and black haired and recieved the same childhood Haren did (22)

Brother: Laziro Maroran- Simlar to his older brother, less gray hairs, more scars, served in the Second Sons among other companies, Magister of the lower Maroran cadet family, called the little compass (39)
-his children: Syreo (14), Vorala (10) and Ileana (4)

To Be Updated, possible pictures and more in future
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:08 pm

So Orys technically having no lands make the app partly easier to dill out.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Benuty wrote:So Orys technically having no lands make the app partly easier to dill out.

One thing I wonder is whether he's formed the Baratheon cadet house yet, or if he'd go by Orys Waters

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Warg the Immortal wrote:
Benuty wrote:So Orys technically having no lands make the app partly easier to dill out.

One thing I wonder is whether he's formed the Baratheon cadet house yet, or if he'd go by Orys Waters

That I wonder myself, but I am guessing it is a safe bet for him just to be a bastard of the Targaryen family at the moment.

I mean if we do go to Westeros I really don't want to be so deterministic in that I have him take the stormlands again. Of course there is also the issue of whether I simply be allowed a cadet branch or be legitimized into the Targaryen family permanently.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Benuty wrote:
Warg the Immortal wrote:One thing I wonder is whether he's formed the Baratheon cadet house yet, or if he'd go by Orys Waters

That I wonder myself, but I am guessing it is a safe bet for him just to be a bastard of the Targaryen family at the moment.

I mean if we do go to Westeros I really don't want to be so deterministic in that I have him take the stormlands again. Of course there is also the issue of whether I simply be allowed a cadet branch or be legitimized into the Targaryen family permanently.

True, since Aegon (I think) hasn't declared himself as a King yet, then Orys might still be unlegitimized and this is an RP, so Orys could end up as a Targaryen and not a Baratheon by the end of it

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:32 pm

I have to wonder what weaponry exactly would fit in for Orys?

I mean it isn't like they have some valyrian sword or anything.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:37 pm

Benuty wrote:I have to wonder what weaponry exactly would fit in for Orys?

Just sword and shield from my understanding. Here is a rough idea what Orys Baratheon would look like

Additionally, the name Baratheon appears to be used prior to his legitimization and thus he would simply have a bastard sigil. The one in the CK 2 mod is likely a good match for him. Which is the Targaryen Sigil with a Yellow Bend Sinister on it.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:46 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Benuty wrote:I have to wonder what weaponry exactly would fit in for Orys?

Just sword and shield from my understanding. Here is a rough idea what Orys Baratheon would look like

Additionally, the name Baratheon appears to be used prior to his legitimization and thus he would simply have a bastard sigil. The one in the CK 2 mod is likely a good match for him. Which is the Targaryen Sigil with a Yellow Bend Sinister on it.

You know I would use if I could actually find an image of that on the internet, but I cannot.

Warg the Immortal
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Warg the Immortal » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Benuty wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

You know I would use if I could actually find an image of that on the internet, but I cannot.

Could just do what I did with my bastard's personal sigil and describe it

EDIT: For example the sigil Nux listed would be described as "Sable, a Dragon Thrice-Headed Gules debruised by a Bend Sinister Or"
Last edited by Warg the Immortal on Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:53 pm

Name: Orys "the bastard " or Orys Baratheon.

House: Currently a targaryen bastard, but not an official targaryen.

Titles: None have been granted to him personally.
*Time will tell though.

House Seat: Dragonstone at the moment, but things are going to change.
*Yet at the moment only a bastard.

House Sigil: Same as the Targaryen sigil, but with a yellow bend, and much more vivid fire coming out of the dragons mouth.

Allegiance paid to: His half brother Aegon Targaryen (by extension the entire family)

Appearance (Picture appreciated):

Personality: Rash, but fierce in battle the man Orys is known for their determination yet they are capable of showing kindness. He is also fiercely loyal to his half brother Aegon, and will go with him to the ends of it all. (just going off what we do know)

Skills: Even without a dragon Orys is renowned for their combat prowess, and martial leadership. These will be put to the test in the coming times however.

Weaponry (If any): Sword, and shield.

Military Strength (How many men can your lands call upon, eg. The Reach could likely muster 100,000 men.): None since he is technically landless.

Biography (At least a well written Paragraph please):

The doom of Valyria brought fire into the sky wiping out the central location of an empire, and taking with it many of its dragons. One family, and the few who followed them dared to listen to a dream, and leave to the remoteness of what is now Dragonstone. 11 years later something terrifying happened plunging Essos into war, and now that a century of bloodshed is coming to an end. Times are most certainly changing. The Targaryens, and their vassal families the celtigar, sungless, and velaryon changed the culture of the four islands they ruled through various methods.

A new culture of bastard valyrians simply known as Westerosi Valyrians who had much in common with the stormlands, and the reach if not for the occasional purple eyes, and silver hair. Unlike the Essosi Valyrians of Volantis who dream of lost glories, and worship the old gods vainly, but have no true power to prove they are the daughters of Old Valyria anymore. Those of Westerosi Valyrian descent know the real truth their High Valyrian lords have dragons, and dreams. With dragons one can accomplish many things, but it has been a century, and times have changed.

The gods we learned of seem to have waned to be worshipped out of vanity or cultural customs. Yet perhaps they secretely whisper for either a new freehold or a new realm amongst the fighting first men, andals, and rhoynar as the stormsingers whisper? Orys despite a bastard is home amongst an a chain of islands catering to a bastard culture. Raised in martial prowess, and fighting ability for something potentially greater if the deeds of fate are truly determined by the gods of old valyria. While Orys may be rash in some aspects he is nowhere near the cynic as his half brother claims to be.

The singers call out to Urrax, Syrax, Balerion, Vhagar, and Meraxes gods of old to bless what is to come. Or perhaps will our family give up the faith of its ancestors for the seven faced god of the andals or perhaps the mysterious lord of light those priests from the Volantene Temple travel the world to speak of? Regardless something is coming, and things are going to change.

RP Example: You very well know who I am, but okay.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=390715&hilit=Boston

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse