NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:49 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
States of Glory WA Office wrote:OOC: He's drinking beer, though.

OOC: And...? Catholicism does not forbid drinking alcohol.

OOC: True, but don't most monks in any religious denomination remain abstinent?
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain

Valorem
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Valorem » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:51 am

Skylus wrote:*looks down at telegram* *up at the sign hanging in front of the bar* *double checks.* *triple checks* Well...I have asked everywhere else...This has to be the place...Hope they accept Rupees...

The suit wear young ambassador opened the door and stepped inside the bar.

It was packed, to say the least. Numerous species lounged on bar-stools, were playing poker and billiards, or just sitting at tables or booths and talking about life. That is, until he walked in.

"...Uh...hi."

Silence.

The man fished out the paper from his jacket and looked down at it, then back up at the room.

"...I...I got this telegram....said that I was supposed to meet here...?"

Blank stares.

"...Uh...I'm the Ambassador of Skylus....name's Terry Nightgale."

Stephenson: "Hello there, Ambassador Nightgale - always good to see a new face. I'm pretty new around here as well."
Stacy Innes Gunther, current World Assembly Ambassador of The Technocratic Republic of Valorem.
Lisbeth Adria Beck, official intern/assistant to Ambassador Gunther (and formerly Ambassador Stephenson). Contact me with any official inquiries at lisbeth.beck.frve@gmail.com.

Nation:
Tech Tier: 7
Arcane Level: 0
Influence Type: 7
Special Notes about your civilization: Focused on technology and scientific advancement. Regular use of robotics, fusion power, and directed energy weapons.
Above information compiled using this scale
Economic Left/Right: -3.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

Aerospace engineering junior at Mississippi State University, atheist in the Deep South.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:57 am

States of Glory WA Office wrote:

OOC: Christ, I hope not!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:58 am

States of Glory WA Office wrote:

BBC just did a story on monks producing alcohol, beers, wines, etc. It's how they pay for it all.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:26 am

Nightgale merely stared at the man who had walked up to him.

"....And...who are you? Sorry, I haven't really met anyone..."
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:32 am

Skylus wrote:Nightgale merely stared at the man who had walked up to him.

"That is Ambassador Stephenson of Valorem, Sir." A well dressed man says and he leaves his corner booth to shake Nightgale's hand. "And I am Evander Blackbourne, WA Ambassador for the Fleets of Excidium Planetis. It is my pleasure to meet you."
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:06 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Skylus wrote:Nightgale merely stared at the man who had walked up to him.

"That is Ambassador Stephenson of Valorem, Sir." A well dressed man says and he leaves his corner booth to shake Nightgale's hand. "And I am Evander Blackbourne, WA Ambassador for the Fleets of Excidium Planetis. It is my pleasure to meet you."

"Miss Janis Leveret here," Janis said, joining the introductions. "I'm the ambassador for Araraukar; it's not a WA nation, but that's not a requirement anyway to join in on the arguments. Also, we're close allies with the greenery, and they are a WA nation. Also," she added hopefully, "the best way to make friends here, is to buy people drinks. Just don't make the mistake of buying a round for everyone, as that can wreck your national budget."
Last edited by Araraukar on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Potted Plants United wrote:Something that looks very much like a long, thin snake with leaf-like scales, slithers into the Bar, and climbs Mr. Bell's barstool's leg to get onto the counter before him, where it coils up. It is holding a slip of paper, or possibly plastic, in its mouth. It fluffs up its scales some more, but then remains motionless.

The paper reads:
We have found a new way to create plants capable of locomotion; rather than start from a vine blueprint and make it move, we started from a moving animal blueprint and made it a plant instead. Do you like it?

- the PPU hivemind

OOC: Yes, it's version 6.0 of the creeper vine. The hivemind has been busy.

Bell looks at the new scale vine and screams. He hurls it across the room towards the defenestration windows, but the vine has too little mass and Bell is too far away.

"NOPE! NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE!"

He walks quickly over to the burly bouncer standing at the entrance to the VIP lounge. He suddenly calms down, fishing an identification card out of his pocket and flashing it, grinning charmingly. "How's it going, Frank?"

The bouncer moves aside and holds open the door, giving the room a quick glance at the dangerously sleek and extremely sexy lounge. Bell goes back to looking panicked as he walks in.

"NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE!"

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:14 am

PARSONS: Sir Benjamin*, we've got a Legation that has a mighty fine barkeep — it's why I don't generally stop here anymore — if you want to get away from the freakish plant or something, I'll be happy to provide any assistance possible.

OOC: Reading through some older stuff, it came to my attention that the Democratic Empire knighted Bell for services to the realm vis-à-vis the World Space Administration. I forgot about that. Also knighted Markhov, but I don't think he accepted the bourgeois counter-revolutionary anti-proletarian title.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:24 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Also knighted Markhov, but I don't think he accepted the bourgeois counter-revolutionary anti-proletarian title.

OOC
Tinfect put it in his signature, so presumably Markhov did accept the title.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:29 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Also knighted Markhov, but I don't think he accepted the bourgeois counter-revolutionary anti-proletarian title.

OOC

OOC: Looks like he did!
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:57 am

Spinning around in his stool, Pink extends his hand to the newcomer. "Ambassador Rupert Pink, Whovian Tardisia. Always nice to see-"

Separatist Peoples wrote:Bell looks at the new scale vine and screams. He hurls it across the room towards the defenestration windows, but the vine has too little mass and Bell is too far away.

The leafy serpent flies through Pink's vision before landing on his feet. He lets out an unusually high pitched squeal and kicks the vine/snake back into the air. K-9 metallically barks at the creature, staring it down with his cold, mechanical eyes. Pink breathes heavily for a few seconds before retrieving his scotch and taking a sip. Turning back to the Skylusian ambassador, he speaks again. "Sorry about that. Reptiles and, well, similar creatures have always frightened me. Care for a drink? There's some lovely Mithuranian ale here."
An FT (Class W11) nation capable of space travel, but has never attempted invading another planet. The Space Brigade is for defense only! Also, something happened to Ambassador Pink.
From the desk of Rupert Pink:
The Grand Gallifreyan Republic of Whovian Tardisia
Floor 12, Office 42 of WAHQ
Proud patron of the World Assembly Stranger's Bar.
The Interstellar Cartographers are back! This time, they explore Methuselah.

Valorem
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Valorem » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:27 am

Stephenson looks quizzically at his personal communication device
Stephenson: "It seems my country has changed its national flag three times in the last hour. I'm very confused by this decision. I'll have to order all new flag pins now."
Stacy Innes Gunther, current World Assembly Ambassador of The Technocratic Republic of Valorem.
Lisbeth Adria Beck, official intern/assistant to Ambassador Gunther (and formerly Ambassador Stephenson). Contact me with any official inquiries at lisbeth.beck.frve@gmail.com.

Nation:
Special Notes about your civilization: Focused on technology and scientific advancement. Regular use of robotics, fusion power, and directed energy weapons.

Aerospace engineering junior at Mississippi State University, atheist in the Deep South.

Frustrated Franciscans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2006

Postby Frustrated Franciscans » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:53 pm

States of Glory WA Office wrote:OOC: Why is a holy man drinking alcohol? :blink:

OOC: He is a third order Franciscan Brother. And by extension Catholic.
Proud Member of the Tzorsland Puppet Federation

Frustrated Franciscans
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2006

Postby Frustrated Franciscans » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:00 pm

States of Glory WA Office wrote:OOC: True, but don't most monks in any religious denomination remain abstinent?

OOC: But he's not a monk, he's a friar. (Please stop boiling him, he's a friar I tell you!)

Rule of the Third Order Regular Poverty? Yes. Chastity? Yes. Abstinence? Well not all the time. Since it's not Lent it is OK.
Proud Member of the Tzorsland Puppet Federation

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Frustrated Franciscans wrote:OOC: But he's not a monk, he's a friar. (Please stop boiling him, he's a friar I tell you!)

OOC: If you were a Viking, you would probably have fried a friar if you weren't going to make him your slave, but who in their right mind would fry a frier?

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Nightgale slowly swallowed and shook his head.
"Mr...Stephenson, I am terribly sorry, but I must recline your offer-I don't drink."

Then he noticed the vine....thing...

"....What is that?"
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:17 pm

Before anyone could answer Terry, the young man was alerted by something-his communicator.

It was blinking red...which could only mean one thing.

"....No. Of all the time's that this could happen, IT HAPPENS NOW?![i]"[/i]

He received multiple stares and strange looks from every corner of the room, including behind the sticky, stained bar counter.

"...I..."
Terry closed his eyes, drew a deep breath, reopened his eyes, and then continued.
"Another country has declared war on Skylus."

Stephenson stepped forwards. "And which country might this be?"

He received a tired glance in answer.
"....One that's attacked my country countless times before...they're to the South West of us..."
"Yes, but who[i] are they?"[/i]
"Hydialia."

Sapient Candy
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Sapient Candy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:52 pm

Whovian Tardisia wrote:Looking over towards the sentient peppermint, Pink cocks his head to the side, takes another swig, then looks again. The sentient peppermint is still there. Pink sighs and looks back to (barkeep) Neville. "Sometimes I wonder if I'm cut out for this." he says. Neville, as usual, does not react.

Peppermint Butler notices Pink's glance and calls to him. "Hello there, sir. I am Peppermint Butler, here to represent the Candy Kingdom. Is there something you find unusual about me?"

Valorem
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Valorem » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:30 pm

OOC: Sorry I forgot to introduce myself in my post - Stephenson is Valorem's ambassador, and Blackbourne (who introduced us) is the ambassador from Excidium Planetis.

Nation:

Valorem
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Valorem » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:11 am

Skylus wrote:Stephenson stepped forwards. "And which country might this be?"

He received a tired glance in answer.
"....One that's attacked my country countless times before...they're to the South West of us..."
"Yes, but who[i] are they?"[/i]
"Hydialia."

"I would offer the use of our orbital bombardment and defense network, but I doubt your enemies are within their range. You should look into deploying one of your own - it's prevented all armed conflict on our planet since it was deployed. Seems everyone's scared of bright blue beams from the sky simultaneously wiping out all of their military installations."

Nation:

Tinfect
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tinfect » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:14 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:Bell looks at the new scale vine and screams. He hurls it across the room towards the defenestration windows, but the vine has too little mass and Bell is too far away.

Perhaps fortunately for the verdant serpent, while Markhov was significantly closer to the window, he was entirely lacking in phobias of plant life. "I do not suppose this creature is one capable of speech?" He says, uncertain of exactly which of the various plant life in the bar, if any, would respond. He retrieves several sheets of heavily printed paper from his coat, and begins to fill out each one, making occasional glances at the creature on the floor as he does so.

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:OOC

OOC: Looks like he did!

OOC:
For the record, the only person in the Imperial Government (that actually matters, anyway,) who might support Socialism on Ideological grounds is the Civil Overseer, and he's been expanding private industries since getting the position. The original, and general reason the Imperium maintains such a system is that it centralizes power within the Imperial Government, and ensures that nothing within it can stand without/oppose the Imperium.

Now is also a good time to mention that the Imperium does not necessarily reflect my actual political beliefs.
Last edited by Tinfect on Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, He/Him
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, He/Him
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, She/Her

Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.

Imperium Central News Network: EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL CITIZENS ARE TO PROCEED TO EVACUATION SITES IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL FURTHER SUBSPACE SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS ARE TO BE DISABLED IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS ARE ACCESS PROHIBITED BY STANDARD/BLACKOUT [Error: Format Unrecognized] | Indomitable Bastard #283
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Tinfect wrote:OOC: Now is also a good time to mention that the Imperium does not necessarily reflect my actual political beliefs.

OOC: You mean to say that you're not a socialist imperialist who believes in the colonisation of space and the total closure of borders? :o

Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:30 pm

Mikael and his fellow Wallenburgian appear to flicker, and then suddenly disappear. Several moments later, a tall, aging man in wire-frame glasses shoves open the doors to the bar and walks in, flanked by two men in military uniform.

"Ambassador, we need you to authorize more resources for refugees," says one of the uniformed men. "At this rate, we won't even be able to get the freshmen national delegates through the portal."

"I've already filed a request to World Assembly administration. I can only imagine they will understand our situation, and will provide us with more office space as soon as possible." The older man sits down at the bar and pulls out a rather brick-like cell phone.

"Paulson, Independence doesn't even have two days left. Every second your office wastes on doing jack squat is another hundred people eaten alive."

"Oh, shut up, Lieutenant. Go tell your men to actually shoot the damn things. If it weren't for the incompetence of this army, I wouldn't have to be making room for refugees at all."
While she had no regrets about throwing the lever to douse her husband's mistress in molten gold, Blanche did feel a pang of conscience for the innocent bystanders whose proximity had caused them to suffer gilt by association.

King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy, Protector of the Realm

Potted Plants United
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Potted Plants United » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Having curled up protectively when flung across the room by Mr. Bell, the leafsnake1 uncurled itself and then proved that while it might look like a snake it wasn't one, by vertically crawling up - rather than coiling around, like it had done before - the table leg of the table Markhov was sitting at, and then the underside of the table2, to emerge on the opposite side of the tabletop. It formed a coil and once more fluffed up its leaf-scales.

It looked like the leafsnake was merely observing the human opposite, but then a remarkable change in its appearance took place over the course of several minutes3; the leaf-green colour faded from its head, to be replaced with light brown reminiscent of dry leaves, while a stripe along what would have, in a normal snake, been its spine, became vivid orange and on both sides of it yellow which faded towards leaf-green at the edges of its body. Its snake-like eyes stayed green.

OOC: 1Going to stick to "leafsnake" as the word for it, now, instead of creeper vine, since it's more accurate a description.

2A creeper vine has done the same move before - if I remember correctly, that scene ended with Mr. Bell hurrying out the door by walking on the tabletops, to avoid anything possibly lurking on the underside. His reactions are 25% of the reason I keep coming up with new things for PPU. :P

3This is the kind of colour changing that makes PPU's text-based message plants possible; using a form of chromatophores to create fairly quick colour changes. In animals the colour changes are much quicker, but the leafsnake doesn't need lightning-quick recolouring, and the slower change rate conserves energy.

Also going to try and remember to colour the word leafsnake the same way I do with the cactus.
This nation is a plant-based hivemind. It's current ambassador for interacting with humanoids is a bipedal plant creature standing at almost two metres tall. In IC in the WA.
My main nation is Araraukar.
Separatist Peoples wrote:"NOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPENOPE!"
- Mr. Bell, when introduced to PPU's newest moving plant

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly