NATION

PASSWORD

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v2]

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.
Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Ram's Head Saloon [Mod-Sanctioned C/CLT, v2]

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:12 pm

What's that, traveler? Oh, yes, that

That's an infernal hellscape of malign purpose and design, crafted from a Faustian bargain and set 'pon by all manner of good-for-nothin' critters. I wouldn't go payin' it any mind.

What do you mean, "It looks like a saloon"? Well of course it looks like a saloon; that's exactly what they want y' to think it is. I'm here, tellin' y', you ain't go no business going in there. It'll only lead to trouble and…

Well, I mean, it is a saloon. But, y'see, it's a saloon run by a servant of those most violent— Er, most
violet. A caprine beast of otherworldly purpose and design, I tell y'. Best you just mosey on down the multiversal way and do your best to forget what you saw. Yep; can't think of anything good comin' from you going 'tween those batwing doors.

Fine! Fine, dag-nabit!

Yes, they're partyin' something fierce in there. We've got folks from over yonder, too. …Well, yes, "yonder" being that place where the stars get all funny-fuzzy and shed light something I reckon is close to mint. They got them jackets, y'see? They're that ol' Hobb of a ram's helpers, y' 'ken? They'll whip you up somethin' fierce, I tell you what.

Yes, y' be hearin' a alpaca.

Yes, they're saying straight bourbon, smuggl'd out, I hear, from a private reserve where the Ol' Red Ram 'n' his kin get to scheming and pontificatin'. Don't mean y' need to be going in there, though. Ain't worth the risk, friend.

Well, fine! Just fine'n'dandy! You go on in there an' see what they're up to. Don't say I didn't warn y'! Don't say I didn't!

…But bring me somethin', will y'? I heard they got some o' the greatest hill dew west of the fifth-dimensional Mississippi…

Welcome, friends, to the Ram's Head Saloon, situated both on Main Street and that place somewhere else that you can only really see when you squint. It looks something akin to what someone from the "Wild West" would say to be a traditional saloon – complete with batwing doors and far too much dust than it has any right to have; others would say it looks as if it's too embroiled in tropes to be the proverbial "Real McCoy." Of course, the Ram's Head is more than that; really, it has an odd quality of containing whatever one desires, shifting to suit their whims, and generally behaving in a remarkably anomalous and crafty manner.

Regardless, there it sits under the midday sun, the midnight gaze of the stars, and a hundred different alien skies. It's something of an anomaly like that, if you didn't notice. I wouldn’t question it too much.

The Ram's Head, as you might have guessed, is presided over by the so-called "Ol' Red Ram" himself, Kyrusia. Mock his tail at your own risk. Some say he bites and kicks; others say he's a bit too kind for his own good. Regardless, he's seen fit to pull himself out of whatever nefarious cobweb of scheming he was tangled in to open something of an establishment for the good folks who call the Fifth Dimension home.

That old codger of a naysayer was right though: they do have some of that triple M-strength bourbon, straight from the Blood Jacket Distillery, produced somewhere in the valley west of the Moderator Range. Of course, that's not all they have. The bartender, Mister Mouffan, can get you just about anything you want including the blood of innocents. Just ask and, certainly, the balding, slightly-pudgy fellow will appear to provide whatever treat, morsel, or largess your heart desires.

If the bar isn't your proverbial cup o' tea, why not take some time to play a hand of blackjack or Texas Hold 'em in the lounge? Not your style? Try and play the dice with the hired help out in the run-down livery behind the Ram's Head; be warned, some folks don't like to lose. Looking for something a little more subdued? Why not sit under lantern-light in the library; I'm sure you can find something there to occupy your time. Music is, of course, always en vogue; the Ram's Head multiverse-renowned pianist, Mister Fontaine, and his ever-admired partner, Miss Belle, are usually around to play a melody - or eight. Regardless, at the Ram's Head, all are destined to find their due.

Come right on in; all are welcome.

Locations

• Main Room
    The Main Room is, as expected, the main room of the Ram's Head. It contains a bar (with accompanying stools), an assortment of tables, and slightly less-than-adequate lighting. Patrons can usually be found at the tables, playing cards, gambling, or otherwise chatting among themselves. There are four points of entry in the Main Room: opposite the bar are the batwing doors that lead into the saloon; to their right, slightly inset into a far wall, are a set of solid, oak double doors which lead into the Lounge; left of the batwing doors, back near the bar, a set of stairs lead up to a small balcony and the Library; lastly, behind the bar, set at the end of a small hallway, is an exit leading out to the Overgrown Livery Stables. Set beside the stairs is the piano.
  • Lounge
    A place for quieter, more subdued conversation and gaming. The Lounge is set to the right of the Main Room, through a set of solid, oak double doors. There are several, more luxurious chairs, an assortment of accompanying smaller tables, a blackjack table, a poker table, a billiards table with all the appropriate accoutrements, and a small fireplace set opposite the entry doors. Usually, the Lounge is frequented by those more dedicated to their game or their quiet, rather than the odd traveler. As Mister Mouffan would say, "The ded'cated patron."
  • Library
    Up a set of stairs and beyond the balcony, the Library is a resting point for the erudite and the patron who prefers quiet reflection over gaming and the drink. Quiet, as would be expected, is held as a demand by Miss Monroe, the resident - if unofficial - librarian of the Ram's Head. Mostly fitted with large, if but slightly tattered, fabric chairs and sofas, the Library also contains a handful of small, writing desks for those who seek time with their own words rather than the words of others.
  • Overgrown Livery Stables
    Out behind the Ram's Head, the Overgrown Livery Stables are an antique of a bygone time. No horses or tack to be found, only far too many spiders to count, hiding raccoons and other critters, and ground foliage up to the knees. Oh, and "Happenstance" Chance, of course. Mister Mouffan has no real recollection as to why the Overgrown Livery Stable wasn't torn down ages ago, spare to say, "Management likes it the way it is."

Non-Player Characters

• Mister MouffanBartender of the Ram's Head (Main Room, Bar)
    Mister Mouffan is a short, stout, balding gentleman from back east. He's not much for chatting, but he's more than willing to listen. Usually seen behind the bar, typically wiping down the glasses that never seem to be completely clean, he's always ready and willing to provide a drink - even if he is a bit curt. Players may roleplay Mister Mouffan at his job.
  • Mister Fontaine and Miss BellePianist and Vocalist (Main Room, Piano)
    Mister Fontaine is a tall, lanky fellow almost perpetually seen at the piano, his boiler hat canted atop his crown. He's both cheery and talkative, always willing to play a tune; plying him with drinks can truly get him to start banging away at the keys. Miss Belle, however, is almost silent when she's not singing; her voice, described by some as haunting, seems distant and yet alluring. Usually seen in the evenings, she very rarely converses with patrons of the Ram's Head. Players may roleplay Mister Fontaine and Miss Belle at their jobs.
  • Mister HumboldBlackjack Dealer (Lounge, Blackjack Table)
    A gentleman from further west, Mister Humbold is a wheeler as much as he is a dealer. He plies his craft - namely, swindling gamblers out of their greenbacks in the name of the house - like an artist. The so-called "Maestro of Hucksters," patrons are often quietly warned to not get on his bad side. One of the most readily recognizable members of the staff: a fiery red mane only half-hidden under a patched top-hat, a sun-sick tan, roped musculature, and his almost-too-jolly laugh are his and his alone. Players may roleplay Mister Humbold at his job.
  • Mister WiltshirePoker Dealer (Lounge, Poker Table)
    A bit of an eccentric, but worldly, fellow, Mister Wiltshire was once one of the greatest and most renowned huntsmen in Africa. After a few too many on a multiversal steamboat trip, however, he's fallen on hard times. Now, the burly, sandy-haired gentleman deals a mean game of Texas Hold 'em and is more than willing to regale patrons with his many adventures - whether they're true or not, that's another matter entirely. Players may roleplay Mister Wiltshure at his job.
  • Miss MonroeSaloon Librarian? (Library, Writer's Desk)
    Supposedly an English author of some repute, Miss Monroe is a quiet, be-speckled woman of some modest tenure, usually seen twirling her brunette hair between fingers at the writer's desk in the corner of the library. She's usually willing to provide patrons help in finding their chosen book, but is nearly persistently demanding silence. Players may roleplay Miss Monroe at her job.
  • "Happenstance" ChanceLying Scoundrel (Overgrown Livery Stables)
    Found, almost always, in the overgrown livery stables behind the Ram's Head, having long-since been banned from the saloon proper for cheating, "Happenstance" Chance is a young fellow of modest look, even more modest attire, and a toothy grin pocked with gold. He's more than willing to talk to patrons of the Ram's Head, though it's usually to try and swindle them into a game of liar's dice or to smuggle a bottle of booze out for him. Players may roleplay "Happenstance" Chance at his job.

Things to Remember

• The Rules apply, as ever. Violate them at your own risk. Be sure to read the announcement linked at the top of this thread for further information.

• This is the only accepted chill/chat location thread in Forum 7; such will remain the case for at least three months. Update. Please read.

• If a Moderator tells you to leave the thread, you leave the thread. If you are told to leave, that does not mean you are permitted to make your own C/CLT; it means you chose to spoil your opportunity in being involved in C/CLTs up until the point the Moderation Team decides to allow them to be created again - if the Moderation Team decides such.

• Any content which violates the PG-13/Offensive Material Rules is forbidden and will result in punitive actions. Depending on the severity of the infraction, combined with the player's history, this can range from a splitting-out of the content and a warning, to the Moderation Team opening-up a discussion on whether or not the player should be dis-invited from NationStates. Keep things family-friendly; a little flirting, hugging, etc. here and there is fine. Go over-board with it at your own risk. This is not a "hook-up thread."

• This is not your personal blog, echo chamber, or the place to field your drama. If the thread begins to devolve into a mud-slinging fight or a place where everyone decides to air their dirty laundry, the involved players may be removed from the thread. Leave your cliques, accusations, drama, and similar at the door; they will not be accepted here.

• While the purpose of this thread is for players to demonstrate they can coalesce as a community and engage in a degree of community policing, do not cross the line into impersonating a Moderator or attempting to use Moderators as a weapon. Politely remind someone of the rules and the nature of the thread; if unacceptable behavior continues, report it.

• Even so, keep things in context: this is a chill/chat location thread, so some degree of rapid-fire posting is expected. If it's not something egregious, leave it be. Players don't need to report every tiny bit of snark as baiting; a simple polite, "I don't appreciate that; would you mind not doing such in the future," should be enough. If it continues, report it.

• Setting Specific Rules: No, you cannot invade. No, you cannot use NPCs as punching bags; they're there to be utilized to help move the story along and players can use them for their intended purposes (playing music, serving drinks, dealing cards, etc.). No, your character does not have to be Western-themed; you can play with an alien, a cyborg, or any other character you can think of (that adheres to the rules).

Further, there is to be no godmodding; this means no declaring/presuming/dictating the actions of another player's character without their consent. This includes killing their characters. Player consent is required and cooperation is strongly encouraged; if you want to get into a fight with another character, approach things sensibly. That being said, dictating the actions of the above-posted saloon employees is not only accepted, but encouraged. Feel free to portray them within their roles, providing you drinks, etc.

Lastly, please make a point to differentiate In-Character posting from Out-of-Character posting. It is understandable that there may be more OOC in this thread, given its nature; just make the differences apparent. Further, keep OOC posting from becoming needlessly excessive; a one-two, "Hi," "Howdy," is one thing. Carrying on a tangential conversation is another; take it to telegrams. An exception shall be made for discussions directly pertinent to the thread. See here for details.

• Remember to have fun and enjoy the time spent here.
Original Post
Out-of-Character: Just to note...

The Moderation Team, on the part of both initiating the initial moratorium and the subsequent choice to employ a Mod-sanctioned thread, reviewed a wide array of segments of this community. We reviewed the initial discussion thread opened around the time the original 3-month moratorium was executed. We reviewed, essentially, all indications that were available.

The fact of the matter is, while the Moderation Team is observing this and at least one is taking an active (and visible) role in steering somewhat, and while some Mentors have volunteered to assist and participate, the onus is on the players whom enjoy these communities, as a whole. Let me restate that:

The onus on demonstrating to the Moderation Team that those who frequent chill and chat location threads are willing to abide by the rules, report those whom violate them, and express a degree of self-policing, are the actual players who frequent these threads. That means all players, not just one particular clique, brand, or group of friends who enjoy a particular kind of C/CLT over another. If you enjoy "This Place Here" versus "That Place There," that's fine; players have their own preferences and enjoy playing with their friends and associates. We understand that - we really do. Voluntary association is the backbone of roleplaying on NationStates.

That being said, simply withdrawing and refusing to recognize that there have been entrenched problems with chill and chat location threads in general, and instead trying to focus only on a player's personal segment of it, will do nothing but ensure that nothing is done to correct these problems. It will, ultimately, only ensure that when the time comes for the Moderation Team to review whether re-opening C/CLTs to the F7 community-at-large is a good idea, we are likely to lean one way rather than another.

There are Mentors here to assist you. They are willing. Some have been posting since moments after this thread opened. Utilize them, but understand the onus is on this community, not the Mentors, to ensure the future of this style of thread. That means coming together, despite your (collective "you") differences, as a community. That means being willing to cooperate with players that you wouldn't normally jump to assisting.

This is a community-driven, team effort. No one person is going to be able to ensure the future of these threads. It will take everyone.

Previous Versions

RHS.v1
Last edited by Kyrusia on Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gurori
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurori » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:14 pm

I heard that the old one randomly set ablaze and burned down.

Also FIRST.
Gurori is currently being refurbished, please excuse any inconsistencies in the meantime.
Puppet master of Neo Gurori.

This nation will never reflect my actual views.
Also, NS Stats are absolutely non-canon.

Dalvius
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalvius » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:16 pm

I thought we were gonna have a new title
like TET
come on mods
Liriena wrote:Eve was a feminazi and Adam was her cuck.
Neolvex, UIJ, Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts, Lazurania, Silverakia, and Neonymphonia

#FreeRIG

Low bloods
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:17 pm

Gurori wrote:I heard that the old one randomly set ablaze and burned down.

Also FIRST.

"Then just like that it built back up." Vixen snickers
(Dead and living)Leader profiles
If you can see us...
Something must surely be wrong.

[Factbook is always rework in progress]
We dont use NS stats here.
Am I too active on some threads, probably, sorrynotsorry!
I made this for newcomers to F7. A post I made
Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Founded: Jun 16, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:18 pm

'Ah...fuck...still stuck here ah well whatever its a dingy, musty, dusty, crusty place but it's worth being here.'

He nods moans as in complains then precedes to drink and nods.
Loyal to the fox and dragon.
Battletech is awesome!
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
I am your delusion.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Third Kingdom wrote:'Ah...fuck...still stuck here ah well whatever its a dingy, musty, dusty, crusty place but it's worth being here.'

"I don't mind much." He nods "Don't have to look around."
If you can see us...

Multiversal advertisement: feeling bored and don't know what to do? Come to the Ram's head saloon and have a drink. We don't bite.

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:23 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Third Kingdom wrote:'Ah...fuck...still stuck here ah well whatever its a dingy, musty, dusty, crusty place but it's worth being here.'

"I don't mind much." He nods "Don't have to look around."

'I just don't like sneezing so...'

He sneezes three times at once.
Battletech is awesome!
I am your delusion.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:24 pm

Third Kingdom wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"I don't mind much." He nods "Don't have to look around."

'I just don't like sneezing so...'

"Maybe it needs a few maids." He smirks and nods.
If you can see us...

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Third Kingdom wrote:'I just don't like sneezing so...'

"Maybe it needs a few maids." He smirks and nods.

'More than a few maids a whole army of them that reminds me of someone long ago, well doesn't matter now. And a with butlers to serve drinks and such.'
Battletech is awesome!
I am your delusion.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:42 pm

Hello
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
Pro-life, Pro-choice: I'm nuetral.
Save our Swamps! Save our Bees!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Prusselanden wrote:Hello

Shake your ass, shake you head and shake your body like it's almost Halloween.
Battletech is awesome!
I am your delusion.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Third Kingdom wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"Maybe it needs a few maids." He smirks and nods.

'More than a few maids a whole army of them that reminds me of someone long ago, well doesn't matter now. And a with butlers to serve drinks and such.'

"Pfft, where's my suit?" He looks around "I use to be a bar keep I'm sure a butler would be that hard."

Heyyy
If you can see us...

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:48 pm

Third Kingdom wrote:

Shake your ass, shake you head and shake your body like it's almost Halloween.

Iggy was dressed as a plague doctor. Fred was dressed as an angel.
"It is a joke, the belief that humans are superior to our animal brethren. We are slower, weaker, less beautiful and intelligent than our counterparts yet we rule the world. Or do we?"-Prusselanden
Donald Trump want to destroy nature? No worries, we have Theodore Fucking Roosevelt!
I care about the environment because I want to let my children see this beautiful planet

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:48 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Third Kingdom wrote:'More than a few maids a whole army of them that reminds me of someone long ago, well doesn't matter now. And a with butlers to serve drinks and such.'

"Pfft, where's my suit?" He looks around "I use to be a bar keep I'm sure a butler would be that hard."

Heyyy

Konny had on a witch costume.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"Pfft, where's my suit?" He looks around "I use to be a bar keep I'm sure a butler would be that hard."

Heyyy

Konny had on a witch costume.

"Nice look." Sam chuckled.
If you can see us...

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:52 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:Konny had on a witch costume.

"Nice look." Sam chuckled.

"Thank you." she blushed. "What're you gonna be for Halloween?"
Last edited by Prusselanden on Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:55 pm

Low bloods wrote:
Third Kingdom wrote:'More than a few maids a whole army of them that reminds me of someone long ago, well doesn't matter now. And a with butlers to serve drinks and such.'

'Dry cleaners and you are right wouldn't be.'

Prusselanden wrote:
Third Kingdom wrote:Shake your ass, shake you head and shake your body like it's almost Halloween.

Iggy was dressed as a plague doctor. Fred was dressed as an angel.

'You two look good dressed like that.'
Battletech is awesome!
I am your delusion.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:56 pm

Third Kingdom wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"Pfft, where's my suit?" He looks around "I use to be a bar keep I'm sure a butler would be that hard."

Prusselanden wrote:Iggy was dressed as a plague doctor. Fred was dressed as an angel.

Fred blushed. Iggy took off her bird mask.

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
Third Kingdom wrote:'Dry cleaners and you are right wouldn't be.'

Fred blushed. Iggy took off her bird mask.

'Aw you're blushing and now Ig you look cute.'
Battletech is awesome!
I am your delusion.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Third Kingdom wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:Fred blushed. Iggy took off her bird mask.

'Aw you're blushing and now Ig you look cute.'

"But Plague doctors are scary."
A Spritzee flew onto her shoulder.

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:03 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
Third Kingdom wrote:'Aw you're blushing and now Ig you look cute.'

"But Plague doctors are scary."

'Not really and if so then while did that land on you, if you were scary?'
Battletech is awesome!
I am your delusion.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:06 pm

Third Kingdom wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"But Plague doctors are scary."

'Not really and if so then while did that land on you, if you were scary?'

"It's the plague doctor Pokemon."

Third Kingdom
Civilian

Postby Third Kingdom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:13 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
Third Kingdom wrote:'Not really and if so then while did that land on you, if you were scary?'

"It's the plague doctor Pokemon."

'Oh...still....'
Battletech is awesome!
I am your delusion.

Prusselanden
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Prusselanden » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:25 pm

Third Kingdom wrote:
Prusselanden wrote:"It's the plague doctor Pokemon."

'Oh...still....'

"Spritzee!" Spritzee flittered around.

Low bloods
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Low bloods » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:29 pm

Prusselanden wrote:
Low bloods wrote:"Nice look." Sam chuckled.

"Thank you." she blushed. "What're you gonna be for Halloween?"

"Probably what I always am." He nods "Myself."
Third Kingdom wrote:

Prusselanden wrote:Iggy was dressed as a plague doctor. Fred was dressed as an angel.

He nods and leans over the bar counter making himself somthing to drink.
If you can see us...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives