NATION

PASSWORD

After the End (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:30 am

Second Helghan Empire wrote:NS Nation Name:Second Helghan Empire
Country Name:Unified Kingdom of Kanza
Religion: ChristoPaganism, a blending of Protestant Christianity and newer Pagan like religious aspects They Worship a the Christian god as the creator but also twelve gods and goddesses that represent the ways of life among the citizens of Kanza. A large percentage also follow American Catholocism.
Rulers Name and Title:King Eli Acton and Queen Naomi Reid-Acton
Flag/logos of nation:
History of your country: With the collapse of civilization few survived, and fewer survived in sizable groups. Those few that did however would be the first to establish communities and eventually the building blocks for resurgence of Human nations. Among these building blocks were small towns and holdouts across the southern and central plains. After One hundred years these different towns and holdouts fought one another into different alliances which slowly materialized into small independent kingdoms. After another hundred the Dominant City states in Kansas and Nebraska absorbed the smaller ones until roughly six remained. Culturally similar yet continuously at war the different groups of the region took small sections of one another but would lose other sections at the same times. This continued for years before one powerful State married into another. Within a generation the two became a single state that overpowered it's neighbors. One by one the warring city states fell to the expansion of the Kingdom of Kanza. Ruled by the Acton Dynasty they traced their line back to founders from before the calamity. In the year 2551, the official Founding date of the Unified Kingdom was established, choosing the founding of the settlement of Kanza by Joseph Acton in 2062. The Actons have ruled without break and have slowly increased the holdings and power of their nation. They have just as slowly repaired much of the damage done to their holdings. With very productive farms and improved infrastructure the Kingdom began to rise from dust of the Plains.
Founding Date: April 15, 2062
Population: 680,900
Army Size and Equipment:10,000 troops (5,000 Rider regulars Armed with Shortbows and Sabers, 1,000 Musketeers, 4,000 Part time Militia Fighters)
Economic Overview:Massive Agriculture and Livestock wealth allows for a large surplus and trade opportunities. Small amounts of mines and scrap areas
Territory of country:
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

It's a bit big so I'll cut down on its land. Could you give some details on the religion abd its history?
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Tomorrow I will write another post. Sorry things got busy with school right after my Uncles funeral.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:46 pm

Can I find some WW1 heavy artillery?
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Yekrenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yekrenia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:17 pm

NS Nation Name: Yekrenia
Country Name:
• (Outside English Name): Kingdom of Montana
• (Native French Name): Monterre
• (Full German Name): États Démocratiques de Monterre (EDM)
• (Translated English Name): Democratic States of Montana (DSM)

Religion:
• (Name): Maximisme (short for the full French name as, "Étatisme Monterre"; which translates in English as, "Montanan Statism")
• (Model): Nontheism
• (Gods/Deities): Marianne (the antrhopomorphised representation of not only just freedom and liberty, but also Mother Nature and the Montanan Nation)
• (Holy Days): Montana Foundation Day (22nd October), Winter Passing Day (22nd March), Summer Passing Day (22nd September), Earth Day (22nd April) and Pearl Day (9th February)
• (Rituals): On Montana Foundation Day, an artistic festival and civilian parade march is held to commemorate the foundation of Montana on the date of 22nd October 2557. Lasting for 16 to 18 days, the Montanan people gather together to celebrate their cultural and artistic identity, especially in the form of the Montanan people displaying their best artistic achievements (which is to be approved by government standards), such as, paintings, novels, music, plays, and sculptures. On the other hand, on Pearl Day, a military parade is upheld along with the Montanan people singing wartime and folk music and poetry. Specifically, Pearl Day commemorates the end of the Montanan Warring States and the creation of what is now the Democratic States of Montana. Lastly, Winter and Summer passing days are annual holidays in which the Montanan people celebrate the end of Winter (22nd March) and Summer (22nd September).
• (Holy Objects & Symbols): The Montanan Constitution, the Montanan Flag (aka, "La Bannière de Neige Blanche"), the Cross of Lorraine, the World Globe, and the Rosary
• (Overall Description): Montanan Statism (or officially known as, "Maximisme") is a nontheist religion exclusive only to the Montanans. Compared to its Germanic counterpart (Norse), Maximisme is focused more upon the ideas democracy and human unification; however, the Montanans go about these two primary ideas in a very interesting manner. According to the origins of Maximisme, the Montanans believe that the wrath of the universe struck down upon humanity because they have grown too cruel, selfish, fractured, and divided to each other; thereby explaining why humanity has inhabited the Earth with their own culture, language, and nation-states in the past. To avert this fate, the Montanans believe that it is their duty under Maximisme to reunify the human race under one culture, one language, and one people; however, in order to prevent discontent, factionalism, and separatist movements, the Montanans believe that in order to unify the human race, humanity must be granted freedoms (in the strict form of direct democracy), especially a protected voice and mandatory participation in the government no matter the cost. And to safeguard the people and the government from external threats and elements of factionalism, the Montanans also believe that it is their duty to uphold an active defence force; essentially considering the security and well-being of the community/group rather than the individual (thereby classifying the Montanans as a collectivist culture).

Rulers Name and Title:
• (Official Name): Consul Exécutif Jules d'Arlet
• (Personal Name): Jules d'Arlet
Flag/Logos of Nation:
• (Flag Appearance):Image
• (Flag Name): La Bannière de Neige Blanche
• (Use): Civil and State Flag
• (Proportion): 3:5
• (Description): The Montanan flag is a flag with two horizontal stripes of equal width, the upper one of a blue colour and the lower one of a red colour. In addition, there is a white centered Lorraine Cross that extends to the edges and divides the flag into six sections.
• (Symbolism): The blue coloured band represents the blue Montanan sky (which also correlates to the Highland Climate of what used to be the pre-calamity State of Montana, USA), the white Lorraine Cross represents unity, progress, and the ideas of Maximisme, and the red coloured band represents the blood of the Montanan people (and unofficially, the blood of the entire human race).

History of your Country: (At least one Paragraph) - (W.I.P.)
Founding Date: 22nd October 2557
Population: 1.2 Million People
Army Size and Equipment: 40,000 (18,000 personnel in active service, and 22,000 personnel in the reserves)
• (Motto): Ordre, Sûreté, et l'Unité à Tous. ("Order, Safety, and Unity to All.")
• (Military Description): The Montanan Defence Forces ("Forces de Défense Montaçais"; or in abbreviations, "FDM") is the armed forces of Democratic States of Monterre, and is responsible for defending the land territories and borders of Monterre, along with the duty of crushing dissent and the slightest signs of ethnic violence. The FDM is divided into three departments; the Army Ground Corps ("CODSOLA"), the Army Police Corps ("CODPOLA"), and the Army Support Corps ("CODSOUA"). Essentially, the FDM is an extension of the Montanan Police Department ("Département de la Police Montaçaise"; or in abbreviations, "DPM"), which classifies the FDM more as a self-defence force rather than a true military entity (similar to other pre-calamity military forces, such as, the Japanese Self-Defence Force and the Icelandic Military); however, the FDM is partially different from an ordinary self-defence force in which it has a secret police (aka, the Army Police Corps) and a special logistics, engineering, and humanitarian department (aka, the Army Support Corps). As expected of the Army Police Corps, any signs or manner of dissent (especially insubordination, mutiny, desertion, and cowardice) are crushed, whether it be done with the means of espionage, assassinations, kidnapping, or forced resignation along with the death sentence (via by firing squad). Aside from the secret police, the Army Support Corps is tasked with repairing and defending infrastructural assets, providing humanitarian assistance during times of war and nature/man-made disasters, and are the only true research and development department throughout the the FDM.
• (Military Recruitment): The Montanan Defence Forces relies on a mixture of mandatory conscription (which applies for all genders) to create a large pool of reservists, as well as a small cadre of professional soldiers which primarily form the backbone of the FDM. Plus, this also accounts for the bulk of the non-commissioned officer corps, including the upper echelons of the officer corps. Interestingly, the junior officers tend to be reservists with higher educations; however, surprisingly, much of the junior officers are females (as females are granted superior education opportunities, since females cannot work in jobs that involve long-term heavy lifting or hazardous chemicals). On the other hand, the upper echelons of the officer corps are made up of more males than females, which is largely due to the fact that males are promoted with higher ranks depending on experience, merit, and success rate while in military service. Not surprisingly, upon serving the minimum of five years in military service, he/she can be exempted from the physical labour tax if he/she were to stay in military service (until the maximum age of 51 years old); however, if he/she were to perform such dishonourable and disgraceful actions (such as, insubordination, mutiny, cowardice, and etc), he/she can have all their ranks stripped away and then be permanently relocated to a labour camp with a permanent life sentence (or be given the death sentence if he/she were to have committed any form of murder or genocide).
• (Uniforms): Commonly, the standard combat uniform in the FDM consists of grey coloured trousers and tunic, a shell jacket with shoulder loops (including a white undershirt underneath), brown coloured lace-up leather boots, and a garrison cap; however, in the winter, soldiers (specifically in the Army Ground Corps) are issued a cotton padded jacket and pants, along with a fur cap (though it should be noted that the transition from summer to winter uniforms take at least a couple months to complete). Not surprisingly, due to the decentralised nature of the FDM, even military officers (no matter the rank) are indistinguishable from the average Montanan soldier; however, the only difference that distinguishes officers from ordinary soldiers is the rank insignia/patches on the collar and upper chest, and the abbreviations of the appropriate military department (which are sewed onto the shoulder loops, along with the addition of a rectangular-shaped name tape located on the upper back). In spite of such ambiguity in uniform, every soldier in the FDM are issued a webbing system, which consists of two vertical rectangular-shaped frontal hip pouches, three small anterior hip pouches, an e-tool, and a small knapsack; however, soldiers and cavalry units in the artillery branch (found in the Army Ground Corps) are instead issued protective hard-resistant vests (which is a leather and cotton vest with a harden breastplate and backplate) and combat helmet (which is a French copy of the pre-calamity Fallschirmjäger M38 helmet), which is to provide protection against shrapnel and explosive shockwaves. In addition, in the Army Support Corps, military personnel are issued the same hard-resistant vests and combat helmets; however, because of the commonly non-combative role of the Army Support Corps, the vest and helmet are coloured in blue and white, and depending on the specialty, military personnel in the Army Support Corps are required to wear a white armband on both upper arms and a circular helmet patch bearing the appropriate specialty (whether it be the red cross for medics, a golden gear and shield for engineers, and the torch and shield for firefighters). Lastly, to accommodate for the hard-resistant vests and the absence of the standard webbing system, soldiers mount four anterior pouches (two located on each anterior side of the hips) and two vertical rectangular-shaped frontal pouches on the belt, and carry their provisions in a leather shoulder bag instead of a knapsack.
• (Weapon Preferences): The matchlock musket is the standard weapon of choice throughout the entire FDM; however, the Army Police Corps will make extensive use of rectangular-shaped Roman-style shields since it can be used to protect soldiers and police units from incoming attacks when engaged in riots, urban environments, and offensive manoeuvres. In the Army Police Corps, just like the civilian police, wooden batons are the only weapons that the Army Police Corps will use along with rectangular-shaped Roman-style shields; however, whenever there is a situation in which the enemy combatant or criminal suspect is armed and deemed extremely dangerous, matchlock muskets are brought in as a tool to quickly defuse these kind of emergency situations. Lastly, and not surprisingly, aside from the Army Support Corps, the FDM will make use of their muskets and shields in the form of line infantry; however, if the Army Ground Corps were to fight alongside the Army Support Corps, soldiers will make use of entrenchment tools to strengthen their defensive positions whenever a battle turns for the worse.

Economic Overview: Despite the democratic and parliamentary manner of governance, the Montanan economy follows a social-democratic model with elements of state ownership of the means of production, centralised administrative planning, and collective farming.
Territory of Country: Monterre Location
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

===[Bonus Content]===

Anthem:
• (Name): Hymne Populaire
• (Description): The Hymne Populaire (or in translation, "People's Hymn") is the national anthem of Monterre.
• (History): (W.I.P.)
• (Lyrics): N/A (Instrumental)

Government:
• (Ranking Titles):
Civil Consuls / Consuls Civils (Advisers / Secretaries)
Head Consuls / Consuls Principaux (Governors)
Legislative Consuls / Consuls Législatives (Members of Parliament)
Executive Consuls / Consuls Exécutifs (State Directory Members)
• (Basis of Authority): Direct Democracy
• (Ruling Structure): Parliamentary
• (Leadership): Nine-Member Executive Council (aka, State Directory)
• (Distinctive Features):
- (1): The headship of state is collectively vested in the nine-member leadership called, the State Directory. Because of the collectivist mindset and culture of the Montanans, members of the State Directory are annually reelected every two years until he/she becomes unpopular or removed from office.
- (2): As true of Monterre's name, Monterre is a semi-direct democracy (representative democracy with strong instruments of direct democracy). Subsequently, with no need to register, every citizen receives the ballot papers and information brochure for each vote, and must return it by post. Although each state has one representative, there is a mandatory referendum that is organised about four to six times a year in order to give people power and a voice in the decision-making for the Montanan government.
- (3): Each state is granted multiple political parties; however, the states have the authority and power to keep these political parties under control and prevent them from acting out in way that would threatened both the government and the people (as true of the militarism from Maximisme). Plus, as true of the directorial style of leadership, political parties are required by law to appoint no more and no less than two leaders (one to become a member of the State Directory, and the other as a vice member in case he/she were to fall ill, die in office, or be removed from office).

===[Creator Notes]===

P.S. This OOC Nation is a replacement of my previous (failed) OOC nation, Fergesia (which you can find on Page 26, if you are curious). Please be as honest as you can and give me as much constructive criticism as you can, because this replacement OOC Nation is not finished yet. There are extra details a still want to add to this replacement OOC Nation; however, I want to post what my progress is so far, so that way I can know what is right and wrong about my replacement OOC Nation. Simply, if there is anything wrong or unusual with my replacement OOC Nation so far, respond to me as soon as possible and I will get to work with this before I participate in the RP. I hope you guys like what I have to offer from this replacement OOC Nation, and I will be hearing from all of you soon.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Chewion wrote:Can I find some WW1 heavy artillery?

You can hardly find some today besides the occasional one in a European museum, those aren't even functional, not to mention after 700 years of war and disrepair, so no.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:06 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Chewion wrote:Can I find some WW1 heavy artillery?

You can hardly find some today besides the occasional one in a European museum, those aren't even functional, not to mention after 700 years of war and disrepair, so no.

Make some?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:13 pm

Chewion wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:You can hardly find some today besides the occasional one in a European museum, those aren't even functional, not to mention after 700 years of war and disrepair, so no.

Make some?

With what industry?
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Chewion wrote:Make some?

With what industry?

And what knowledge.

(Image)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:18 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:With what industry?

And what knowledge.

And what ammo? 75-200mm shells aren't in every corner store. Neither are spigot mortars or messenger pigeons.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

New Communist and Socialist Unions
Senator

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Communist and Socialist Unions » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:28 pm

No idea what to post right now...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Dead, yet dreaming, Cthulhu waits in his palace in R'lyeh.

Your handy R'lyethian translator
Probably my best post...
I am an Arthur dude... With GIGA PUDDI!!!!! AWOOGA MATE-O! I Dun use NS stats.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:17 pm

Yekrenia wrote:NS Nation Name: Yekrenia
Country Name:

Religion:
• (Name): Maximisme (short for the full French name as, "Étatisme Monterre"; which translates in English as, "Montanan Statism")
• (Gods/Deities): Marianne (the antrhopomorphised representation of not only just freedom and liberty, but also Mother Nature and the Montanan Nation)
• (Holy Days): Montana Foundation Day (22nd October), Winter Passing Day (22nd March), Summer Passing Day (22nd September), Earth Day (22nd April) and Pearl Day (9th February)
• (Rituals): On Montana Foundation Day, an artistic festival and civilian parade march is held to commemorate the foundation of Montana on the date of 22nd October 2557. Lasting for 16 to 18 days, the Montanan people gather together to celebrate their cultural and artistic identity, especially in the form of the Montanan people displaying their best artistic achievements (which is to be approved by government standards), such as, paintings, novels, music, plays, and sculptures. On the other hand, on Pearl Day, a military parade is upheld along with the Montanan people singing wartime and folk music and poetry. Specifically, Pearl Day commemorates the end of the Montanan Warring States and the creation of what is now the Democratic States of Montana. Lastly, Winter and Summer passing days are annual holidays in which the Montanan people celebrate the end of Winter (22nd March) and Summer (22nd September).
• (Holy Objects & Symbols): The Montanan Constitution, the Montanan Flag (aka, "La Bannière de Neige Blanche"), the Cross of Lorraine, the World Globe, and the Rosary
• (Overall Description): Montanan Statism (or officially known as, "Maximisme") is a nontheist religion exclusive only to the Montanans. Compared to its Germanic counterpart (Norse), Maximisme is focused more upon the ideas democracy and human unification; however, the Montanans go about these two primary ideas in a very interesting manner. According to the origins of Maximisme, the Montanans believe that the wrath of the universe struck down upon humanity because they have grown too cruel, selfish, fractured, and divided to each other; thereby explaining why humanity has inhabited the Earth with their own culture, language, and nation-states in the past. To avert this fate, the Montanans believe that it is their duty under Maximisme to reunify the human race under one culture, one language, and one people; however, in order to prevent discontent, factionalism, and separatist movements, the Montanans believe that in order to unify the human race, humanity must be granted freedoms (in the strict form of direct democracy), especially a protected voice and mandatory participation in the government no matter the cost. And to safeguard the people and the government from external threats and elements of factionalism, the Montanans also believe that it is their duty to uphold an active defence force; essentially considering the security and well-being of the community/group rather than the individual (thereby classifying the Montanans as a collectivist culture).

Rulers Name and Title:
Flag/Logos of Nation:
• (Flag Appearance):(Image)
• (Description): The Montanan flag is a flag with two horizontal stripes of equal width, the upper one of a blue colour and the lower one of a red colour. In addition, there is a white centered Lorraine Cross that extends to the edges and divides the flag into six sections.
• (Symbolism): The blue coloured band represents the blue Montanan sky (which also correlates to the Highland Climate of what used to be the pre-calamity State of Montana, USA), the white Lorraine Cross represents unity, progress, and the ideas of Maximisme, and the red coloured band represents the blood of the Montanan people (and unofficially, the blood of the entire human race).

Army Size and Equipment: 40,000 (18,000 personnel in active service, and 22,000 personnel in the reserves)
• (Motto): Ordre, Sûreté, et l'Unité à Tous. ("Order, Safety, and Unity to All.")
• (Military Description): The Montanan Defence Forces ("Forces de Défense Montaçais"; or in abbreviations, "FDM") is the armed forces of Democratic States of Monterre, and is responsible for defending the land territories and borders of Monterre, along with the duty of crushing dissent and the slightest signs of ethnic violence. The FDM is divided into three departments; the Army Ground Corps ("CODSOLA"), the Army Police Corps ("CODPOLA"), and the Army Support Corps ("CODSOUA"). Essentially, the FDM is an extension of the Montanan Police Department ("Département de la Police Montaçaise"; or in abbreviations, "DPM"), which classifies the FDM more as a self-defence force rather than a true military entity (similar to other pre-calamity military forces, such as, the Japanese Self-Defence Force and the Icelandic Military); however, the FDM is partially different from an ordinary self-defence force in which it has a secret police (aka, the Army Police Corps) and a special logistics, engineering, and humanitarian department (aka, the Army Support Corps). As expected of the Army Police Corps, any signs or manner of dissent (especially insubordination, mutiny, desertion, and cowardice) are crushed, whether it be done with the means of espionage, assassinations, kidnapping, or forced resignation along with the death sentence (via by firing squad). Aside from the secret police, the Army Support Corps is tasked with repairing and defending infrastructural assets, providing humanitarian assistance during times of war and nature/man-made disasters, and are the only true research and development department throughout the the FDM.
• (Military Recruitment): The Montanan Defence Forces relies on a mixture of mandatory conscription (which applies for all genders) to create a large pool of reservists, as well as a small cadre of professional soldiers which primarily form the backbone of the FDM. Plus, this also accounts for the bulk of the non-commissioned officer corps, including the upper echelons of the officer corps. Interestingly, the junior officers tend to be reservists with higher educations; however, surprisingly, much of the junior officers are females (as females are granted superior education opportunities, since females cannot work in jobs that involve long-term heavy lifting or hazardous chemicals). On the other hand, the upper echelons of the officer corps are made up of more males than females, which is largely due to the fact that males are promoted with higher ranks depending on experience, merit, and success rate while in military service. Not surprisingly, upon serving the minimum of five years in military service, he/she can be exempted from the physical labour tax if he/she were to stay in military service (until the maximum age of 51 years old); however, if he/she were to perform such dishonourable and disgraceful actions (such as, insubordination, mutiny, cowardice, and etc), he/she can have all their ranks stripped away and then be permanently relocated to a labour camp with a permanent life sentence (or be given the death sentence if he/she were to have committed any form of murder or genocide).
• (Uniforms): Commonly, the standard combat uniform in the FDM consists of grey coloured trousers and tunic, a shell jacket with shoulder loops (including a white undershirt underneath), brown coloured lace-up leather boots, and a garrison cap; however, in the winter, soldiers (specifically in the Army Ground Corps) are issued a cotton padded jacket and pants, along with a fur cap (though it should be noted that the transition from summer to winter uniforms take at least a couple months to complete). Not surprisingly, due to the decentralised nature of the FDM, even military officers (no matter the rank) are indistinguishable from the average Montanan soldier; however, the only difference that distinguishes officers from ordinary soldiers is the rank insignia/patches on the collar and upper chest, and the abbreviations of the appropriate military department (which are sewed onto the shoulder loops, along with the addition of a rectangular-shaped name tape located on the upper back). In spite of such ambiguity in uniform, every soldier in the FDM are issued a webbing system, which consists of two vertical rectangular-shaped frontal hip pouches, three small anterior hip pouches, an e-tool, and a small knapsack; however, soldiers and cavalry units in the artillery branch (found in the Army Ground Corps) are instead issued protective hard-resistant vests (which is a leather and cotton vest with a harden breastplate and backplate) and combat helmet (which is a French copy of the pre-calamity Fallschirmjäger M38 helmet), which is to provide protection against shrapnel and explosive shockwaves. In addition, in the Army Support Corps, military personnel are issued the same hard-resistant vests and combat helmets; however, because of the commonly non-combative role of the Army Support Corps, the vest and helmet are coloured in blue and white, and depending on the specialty, military personnel in the Army Support Corps are required to wear a white armband on both upper arms and a circular helmet patch bearing the appropriate specialty (whether it be the red cross for medics, a golden gear and shield for engineers, and the torch and shield for firefighters). Lastly, to accommodate for the hard-resistant vests and the absence of the standard webbing system, soldiers mount four anterior pouches (two located on each anterior side of the hips) and two vertical rectangular-shaped frontal pouches on the belt, and carry their provisions in a leather shoulder bag instead of a knapsack.
• (Weapon Preferences): The matchlock musket is the standard weapon of choice throughout the entire FDM; however, the Army Police Corps will make extensive use of rectangular-shaped Roman-style shields since it can be used to protect soldiers and police units from incoming attacks when engaged in riots, urban environments, and offensive manoeuvres. In the Army Police Corps, just like the civilian police, wooden batons are the only weapons that the Army Police Corps will use along with rectangular-shaped Roman-style shields; however, whenever there is a situation in which the enemy combatant or criminal suspect is armed and deemed extremely dangerous, matchlock muskets are brought in as a tool to quickly defuse these kind of emergency situations. Lastly, and not surprisingly, aside from the Army Support Corps, the FDM will make use of their muskets and shields in the form of line infantry; however, if the Army Ground Corps were to fight alongside the Army Support Corps, soldiers will make use of entrenchment tools to strengthen their defensive positions whenever a battle turns for the worse.

Economic Overview: Despite the democratic and parliamentary manner of governance, the Montanan economy follows a social-democratic model with elements of state ownership of the means of production, centralised administrative planning, and collective farming.
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

===[Bonus Content]===

Anthem:
• (Description): The Hymne Populaire (or in translation, "People's Hymn") is the national anthem of Monterre.

Government:
• (Ranking Titles):
- (1): The headship of state is collectively vested in the nine-member leadership called, the State Directory. Because of the collectivist mindset and culture of the Montanans, members of the State Directory are annually reelected every two years until he/she becomes unpopular or removed from office.
- (2): As true of Monterre's name, Monterre is a semi-direct democracy (representative democracy with strong instruments of direct democracy). Subsequently, with no need to register, every citizen receives the ballot papers and information brochure for each vote, and must return it by post. Although each state has one representative, there is a mandatory referendum that is organised about four to six times a year in order to give people power and a voice in the decision-making for the Montanan government.
- (3): Each state is granted multiple political parties; however, the states have the authority and power to keep these political parties under control and prevent them from acting out in way that would threatened both the government and the people (as true of the militarism from Maximisme). Plus, as true of the directorial style of leadership, political parties are required by law to appoint no more and no less than two leaders (one to become a member of the State Directory, and the other as a vice member in case he/she were to fall ill, die in office, or be removed from office).

===[Creator Notes]===

P.S. This OOC Nation is a replacement of my previous (failed) OOC nation, Fergesia (which you can find on Page 26, if you are curious). Please be as honest as you can and give me as much constructive criticism as you can, because this replacement OOC Nation is not finished yet. There are extra details a still want to add to this replacement OOC Nation; however, I want to post what my progress is so far, so that way I can know what is right and wrong about my replacement OOC Nation. Simply, if there is anything wrong or unusual with my replacement OOC Nation so far, respond to me as soon as possible and I will get to work with this before I participate in the RP. I hope you guys like what I have to offer from this replacement OOC Nation, and I will be hearing from all of you soon.

1.2 Million people in Montana... Who are French... and are Atheist.

I would laugh at this normally, but as it stands, this just hurts my soul.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Yekrenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yekrenia » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Anowa wrote:
Country Name:

Religion:

Rulers Name and Title:
Flag/Logos of Nation:

1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

===[Bonus Content]===

Anthem:

Government:
• (Ranking Titles):

===[Creator Notes]===

1.2 Million people in Montana... Who are French... and are Atheist.

I would laugh at this normally, but as it stands, this just hurts my soul.

That is why this is work in progress...silly. :blush:

This thing still has a lot of work to be done after all.

I am a long way from being finished, nor am I satisfied with what I got so far.
Last edited by Yekrenia on Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:32 pm

Country Name:

Religion:

Rulers Name and Title:
Flag/Logos of Nation:

1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

===[Bonus Content]===

Anthem:

Government:
• (Ranking Titles):

===[Creator Notes]===

An awful high population for plains and mountains, Montana doesn't have that high a population today anyways. I do understand that your history is a WIP but i don't fully understand how the French could dominate western Montana. This app seems like an odd combination of several extreme minority cultures somehow became dominant, and doesn't make a lot of sense with the lore of the Area. The region is tribal, and primarily Gaian, which means nature worship and such. Something i was thinking of was the concept of Frontierism, worship of the mountain men and overall manifest destinying their land its neighbors. That or the area would be run by Native Americans and partially follow their faith or that of the Anglo-Americans residing there.

(Image)

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:With what industry?

And what knowledge.

My new friends.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Chewion wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:And what knowledge.

My new friends.

Its not doable, they can't haul or produce artillery all the way from California without some serious issues.

(Image)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:38 am

NS Nation Name: The Allied States of Anowa
Country Name: Protectorate of Delta, or The Protectorate
Religion: Gridironism: An interpretation involving the hoarding of steel for use in tools and equipment to spread the will of the All Spirit Yahweh. A slightly holy union of Animism and Christianity. Involves smoking an abundant amount of marijuana to 'become closer with Yahweh'.
Rulers Name and Title: Protector Ingrid Konigsdottir
Flag/logos of nation: Flag
History of your country: The Origins of the Protectorate could find themselves almost three hundred years ago, when First nations farmers found the Utopia f Delta, a pre-infection town located on an ancient river delta, giving very fertile soil and an a collection of viable fishing sites. It wasn't until a collection of other Neo-Catholics arrived in which Gridironism started to rise. A slight misinterpretation of a very crudely translated bible, led to the worship of the massive Skyscrapers in the rest of Vancouver in the form of reshaping them into armor, weapons, tools and farming equipment. Worshipping steel as a gift from god to spread his will. Over the course of the next hundred years or so, they slowly had the steel girders that held them up stripped and re-purposed, the vehicles and random tidbits found in the few remaining other structures were fashioned into a similar way. Their smithing skills growing all the while.

After the complete stripping of the former city of Vancouver, the now large population needed to expand, so they looked both across the Strait of Georgia (Now the Strait of Yahweh), and to the Puget Sound to the south. It took another hundred years to harvest a majority of the steel from both other metropolitan centers, in which a few buildings collapsed, their rubble deemed 'Holy Sites' with routine pilgrimages and animal sacrifices to avoid further smitings. It was around this time that a Protector was first named, Jason Gray, a man who managed to become one with Yahweh by consuming the wild plants found in the Islands between the three metro centers in a secret ritual. From then on the Protectorates were the only ones who knew the ritual, and would be expected to teach the successor when they were chosen.

It was also around this time that a pattern in the water was noticed: Salmon spawning. With a cyclical and annual abundance of protein the population of the Protectorate ballooned, and with the other industries of cattle farming, and the seeding in Delta and Vancouver, it now had a very stable food supply. And they now could afford a standing army.

Fast forward another hundred years, and the Protectorate started becoming a prosperous kingdom, and discoveries were being made quite commonly, breach loading firearms were being combined with self rifling ammo, pulleys were being used in bows and construction, irrigation and fertilizer granted more prosperous crops, and better smithing techniques were being utilized with better tools. The population broke the million person mark, and things were looking up. And then The Haida Invaders started harassing them. And for the first time the Protectorate had to go to war.

Things became very socialist very quickly, with the onset of a serious threat people came together out of fear. They began sharing with those who didn't receive as much food in hopes to provide more meat for the grinder. People began working harder to produce more goods, and in turn got better equipment to produce said goods. It was an odd reconstruction of a War Economy.

Over the next three years Protector Graham Hanlon waged a gruesome genocide against the Haida on the Eastern coats of the former Northwest of America. Crucifixions came back into practice, and mass graves were dug. Temples using the bones of the Haida dead were constructed to provide a more open spirit for Yahweh to contact. And eventually the Haida stopped coming. But it came at a price, many Deltans were dead, and their Protector was getting sicker by the day. Yet on his death bed, he passed his torch to his charge, an abnormal 13 year old girl by the name of Ingrid Konigsdottir. The current Protector.

That was a little over a decade ago. And now it seems things will become... greater.

Founding Date: 2291
Population: 998,987
Army Size and Equipment: ~75,000 Total; 30k Footsoldiers, 12k Heavy Cavalry, 22k Archers, 2k Musketmen, A collection of medium sized barges and longboats to commune across the water.
Economic Overview:A purely socialist community, everyone is fed appropriately, and everyone is equipped appropriately. Soldiers get weapons and armor, and are fed better for better physical form; Farmers get plows and grain crushers, and are fed a little less than soldiers so harvests are not cut short; and the rest of the population is fed the same. Major trade in agriculture and with excess concrete cannibalized from buildings, smoked and salted meats are also traded commonly, most notable of which is salmon meat. Iron and steel is hoarded with notable zeal, even escalating to violence with distant traders.
Territory of country: Puget Sound, Strait of Georgia, Strait of Juan de Fuca, BC Lower Mainland and the northern shore of the Columbia river.
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Anowa on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:34 am

Anowa wrote:NS Nation Name: The Allied States of Anowa
Country Name: Protectorate of Delta, or The Protectorate
Religion: Gridironism: An interpretation involving the hoarding of steel for use in tools and equipment to spread the will of the All Spirit Yahweh. A slightly holy union of Animism and Christianity. Involves smoking an abundant amount of marijuana to 'become closer with Yahweh'.
Rulers Name and Title: Protector Ingrid Konigsdottir
Flag/logos of nation: Flag
History of your country: The Origins of the Protectorate could find themselves almost three hundred years ago, when First nations farmers found the Utopia f Delta, a pre-infection town located on an ancient river delta, giving very fertile soil and an a collection of viable fishing sites. It wasn't until a collection of other Neo-Catholics arrived in which Gridironism started to rise. A slight misinterpretation of a very crudely translated bible, led to the worship of the massive Skyscrapers in the rest of Vancouver in the form of reshaping them into armor, weapons, tools and farming equipment. Worshipping steel as a gift from god to spread his will. Over the course of the next hundred years or so, they slowly had the steel girders that held them up stripped and re-purposed, the vehicles and random tidbits found in the few remaining other structures were fashioned into a similar way. Their smithing skills growing all the while.

After the complete stripping of the former city of Vancouver, the now large population needed to expand, so they looked both across the Strait of Georgia (Now the Strait of Yahweh), and to the Puget Sound to the south. It took another hundred years to harvest a majority of the steel from both other metropolitan centers, in which a few buildings collapsed, their rubble deemed 'Holy Sites' with routine pilgrimages and animal sacrifices to avoid further smitings. It was around this time that a Protector was first named, Jason Gray, a man who managed to become one with Yahweh by consuming the wild plants found in the Islands between the three metro centers in a secret ritual. From then on the Protectorates were the only ones who knew the ritual, and would be expected to teach the successor when they were chosen.

It was also around this time that a pattern in the water was noticed: Salmon spawning. With a cyclical and annual abundance of protein the population of the Protectorate ballooned, and with the other industries of cattle farming, and the seeding in Delta and Vancouver, it now had a very stable food supply. And they now could afford a standing army.

Fast forward another hundred years, and the Protectorate started becoming a prosperous kingdom, and discoveries were being made quite commonly, breach loading firearms were being combined with self rifling ammo, pulleys were being used in bows and construction, irrigation and fertilizer granted more prosperous crops, and better smithing techniques were being utilized with better tools. The population broke the million person mark, and things were looking up. And then The Haida Invaders started harassing them. And for the first time the Protectorate had to go to war.

Things became very socialist very quickly, with the onset of a serious threat people came together out of fear. They began sharing with those who didn't receive as much food in hopes to provide more meat for the grinder. People began working harder to produce more goods, and in turn got better equipment to produce said goods. It was an odd reconstruction of a War Economy.

Over the next three years Protector Graham Hanlon waged a gruesome genocide against the Haida on the Eastern coats of the former Northwest of America. Crucifixions came back into practice, and mass graves were dug. Temples using the bones of the Haida dead were constructed to provide a more open spirit for Yahweh to contact. And eventually the Haida stopped coming. But it came at a price, many Deltans were dead, and their Protector was getting sicker by the day. Yet on his death bed, he passed his torch to his charge, an abnormal 13 year old girl by the name of Ingrid Konigsdottir. The current Protector.

That was a little over a decade ago. And now it seems things will become... greater.

Founding Date: 2291
Population: 998,987
Army Size and Equipment: ~75,000 Total; 30k Footsoldiers, 12k Heavy Cavalry, 22k Archers, 2k Musketmen, A collection of medium sized barges and longboats to commune across the water.
Economic Overview:A purely socialist community, everyone is fed appropriately, and everyone is equipped appropriately. Soldiers get weapons and armor, and are fed better for better physical form; Farmers get plows and grain crushers, and are fed a little less than soldiers so harvests are not cut short; and the rest of the population is fed the same. Major trade in agriculture and with excess concrete cannibalized from buildings, smoked and salted meats are also traded commonly, most notable of which is salmon meat. Iron and steel is hoarded with notable zeal, even escalating to violence with distant traders.
Territory of country: The coastal areas of Puget Sound, Strait of Georgia, Strait of Juan de Fuca, and the Saanich Peninsula.
1890 - DO NOT REMOVE

Looks good, i'll make sure to have some Haida do things to interact with you.

Accepted.
Last edited by Imperial Idaho on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

(Image)

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:33 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Chewion wrote:My new friends.

Its not doable, they can't haul or produce artillery all the way from California without some serious issues.

Can I have at least made some cannons and maybe found a few mortars?

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:40 am

Chewion wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Its not doable, they can't haul or produce artillery all the way from California without some serious issues.

Why do you keep asking for advanced weapons.

(Image)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:03 am

Chewion wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Its not doable, they can't haul or produce artillery all the way from California without some serious issues.

Mortars arent' easy at all to make, and cannons will explode in your face 9/10 times if they aren't decently made. They'll explode quite frequently when they are decently made. And seeing as how cannons require a shitload of steel, lead, wood, cloth, and blackpowder to use, I doubt there'll be enough supplies to justify making something that may or may not explode on the first shot.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Ironsbad
Minister

Founded: Dec 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ironsbad » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:29 am

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Chewion wrote:Can I have at least made some cannons and maybe found a few mortars?

I was going to ask if I could start experimenting with the idea of bronze cannons and may have a handful of them in a few years of trading copper with the Nordics.

Also, should have a post done today hopefully, been having to do work and its sucking the fun out of me.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Chewion wrote:Can I have at least made some cannons and maybe found a few mortars?

Texas has a lot of weapons in it so it would stand to reason I could have collected a few advanced things. More so than like New York.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:

Texas has a lot of weapons in it so it would stand to reason I could have collected a few advanced things. More so than like New York.

Trotza
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Chewion wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Why do you keep asking for advanced weapons.

Or you could just stick to the script and stop trying to find a way to godmod.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:41 pm

Trotza wrote:
Chewion wrote:Texas has a lot of weapons in it so it would stand to reason I could have collected a few advanced things. More so than like New York.

Or you could just stick to the script and stop trying to find a way to godmod.

I never said a lot I was thinking 2-10 mortars in total and half could blow up after two uses.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse