NATION

PASSWORD

The Last of Us: Exodus (Horror Drama) OOC/OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:53 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Zhaas, the character being kicked is Dustin, not Brandon. Brandon is trying to negotiate down the barrel of a gun with Alexander.

Damn it! I just got done with my new post! lol, have to start over again...
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:55 pm

The pole is kinda believable form what i heard if you fall on a blunt pole it could just push your organs out of the way, a sharp one would have just went straight though.

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:56 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Zhaas, the character being kicked is Dustin, not Brandon. Brandon is trying to negotiate down the barrel of a gun with Alexander.

Damn it! I just got done with my new post! lol, have to start over again...

Again friend I am so sorry for that, your guys name was the last i saw and that was in my head when i was writing.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:58 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Zhaas123 wrote:
Not to metion that the two rode for some time before that so to.

I'm just amazed how Ellie even managed to pick Joel up. The human body is pretty tough, so I can kind of get behind the pole running him through, but this little girl picking up a probably 200 pound man, getting him on a horse and then traveling to a mall and a little housing development? Like, come on.

Epinephine is a hell of a steroid... and painkiller... and blood thickener.

It's not biologically impossible, Louis Cyr lifted around 1200kg once, and stressed out people lift cars sometimes.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:58 pm

um it looks like i quote myself in the ic and it wont let me delete it? trying to get rid of it
Last edited by Zhaas123 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Zhaas123 wrote:um it looks like i quote myself in the ic and it wont let me delete it?

Edit it to [REDACTED]

Easiest way of fixing it.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The United States of North Amerigo
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:00 pm

Anowa wrote:
Zhaas123 wrote:um it looks like i quote myself in the ic and it wont let me delete it?

Edit it to [REDACTED]

okay there SCP foundation
Amerigo.
Wouldn't mind a telegram. Forgive me for all the stupid shit I say

Zhaas123
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zhaas123 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:01 pm

Anowa thanks

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:03 pm

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:
Anowa wrote:Edit it to [REDACTED]

okay there SCP foundation

You are now assigned as Class-D personnel.

Please report to Site-69 for evaluation. If you do not comply you will be purged.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:06 pm

Anowa wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I'm just amazed how Ellie even managed to pick Joel up. The human body is pretty tough, so I can kind of get behind the pole running him through, but this little girl picking up a probably 200 pound man, getting him on a horse and then traveling to a mall and a little housing development? Like, come on.

Epinephine is a hell of a steroid... and painkiller... and blood thickener.

It's not biologically impossible, Louis Cyr lifted around 1200kg once, and stressed out people lift cars sometimes.

Well damn, I can't really argue with you there.

Basically, for this part I wanted the characters to know that they were going to get fucked up, supremely. I hadn't been planning on any characters dying, because that'd be kind of shitty of me to kill off someone's character in the prologue. But, I was still trying to find ways to have them hurt and battered without being seriously crippled or killed.

For Joel on the pole (ha) I thought that this was a pretty good explanation.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:14 pm

Got my post up! Seems like Brandon is in bit of a pickle...
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:20 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Got my post up! Seems like Brandon is in bit of a pickle...

Yeah.
Anowa wrote:Epinephine is a hell of a steroid... and painkiller... and blood thickener.

Well damn, I can't really argue with you there.

Basically, for this part I wanted the characters to know that they were going to get fucked up, supremely. I hadn't been planning on any characters dying, because that'd be kind of shitty of me to kill off someone's character in the prologue. But, I was still trying to find ways to have them hurt and battered without being seriously crippled or killed.

For Joel on the pole (ha) I thought that this was a pretty good explanation.

OP, how much downtime are you gonna give us before the infected start to swarm us. After the gunfight that is.
Last edited by The United States of North Amerigo on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amerigo.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:35 pm

I was going to give the characters a little time to recollect themselves and start making their way to the hospital. Once everybody has posted, you guys can go ahead and start moving towards it. On the way there, you'll see some runners, but no stalkers, clickers or bloaters just yet. The hospital you'll have to be more stealthy, and there will be more splitting up, likely into fours or threes.

EDIT: Fuck trying to use BBCode on my phone
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:03 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I was going to give the characters a little time to recollect themselves and start making their way to the hospital. Once everybody has posted, you guys can go ahead and start moving towards it. On the way there, you'll see some runners, but no stalkers, clickers or bloaters just yet. The hospital you'll have to be more stealthy, and there will be more splitting up, likely into fours or threes.

Any hints as to where we're going after the Inlet?

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Damverland wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I was going to give the characters a little time to recollect themselves and start making their way to the hospital. Once everybody has posted, you guys can go ahead and start moving towards it. On the way there, you'll see some runners, but no stalkers, clickers or bloaters just yet. The hospital you'll have to be more stealthy, and there will be more splitting up, likely into fours or threes.

Any hints as to where we're going after the Inlet?

Not just yet, but I'll confirm that leaving the QZ will end the Prologue. I'll set up where the characters are in the first post of Act I, though.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Futrellia » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:29 pm

Damverland wrote:Any hints as to where we're going after the Inlet?

Not just yet, but I'll confirm that leaving the QZ will end the Prologue. I'll set up where the characters are in the first post of Act I, though.

It's a good thing my mom is a nurse. You know, with my broken ribs and all, lol.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Alright, I actually sat down and had a go at writing this. I'm expecting to make some changes and my writing on the IC might be a bit slow considering that I'm running something else right now.
Name:lieutenant Sam Pryzbylewski
Faction :Military; 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team "Commandos"; Murrell’s Quick reaction force.
Sex: Female.
Appearance:

Sam is a physically taut woman of polish descent who stands at around 5’10 weighing around 160 kilograms. She has dark browns and her chestnut hair is kept shoulder length in a bob style with simple bangs. She typically wears the standard issue United States military uniform issued to QRF troops, being a well fitted but slightly worn dark blue combat dress uniform that covers most of the body and is crafted from some strong materials, giving a little extra protection from bites. A plate carrier goes over the top of BDU jacket and is fitted with pouches and two ceramic plates giving moderate protection from small arms fire. Her hands are covered by a thick pair of military gloves.

Equipment/Personal Belongings:

• M4A1 (reproduction) fitted with an angled fore grip, telescopic stock, ACOG 4 x 32 rifle optic, a flashlight and bayonet lug. She has had the weapon for a few years and it's starting to show its age slightly through a worn finish and a number of scratches. She has also engraved her surname name below the ejection port. Given that the weapon is a reproduction and due to the age of the gun, it has a slight tendency to jam in dirty environments.

• Model 16 357 magnum Smith & Wesson stainless steel revolver with Cocobolo wood grips. Weapon was an heirloom that was owned by her father who abandoned her years ago. Kept in remarkably good condition due to limited and proper use.

• M7 bayonet, heavily worn but still sharp enough to pierce a skull.

• Six STANAG magazines; six fully loaded with 5.56x45 NATO cartridges. Centre of the magazines have been duct taped.

• Twelve 357 hollow point magnum cartridges.

• Six .38 Special +P cartridges.

• M40 gasmask with a bag. Has Four spare filters rated for fungal based vectors.

• Black military Gloves

• QRF issue black plate carrier; fitted with basic ceramic plates designed to stop low calibre small arms fire. Fitted with dual stack ammo pouches which can hold six magazines, an admin pouch; basic IFAK kit and radio pouch with a basic headset and microphone.

• QRF issue dark blue uniform, It's a particularly good fit and decent in quality, based on the united states armies former uniform. The uniform has a three patches sewn into the arms, including a battalion patch on the left arm, american flag and a ID patch reading “AF-24” on the right.

• IFAK kit containing a two simple bandages, a tourniquet, basic gauze, sheers, markers, water purification tablets and electrical tape.

• Admin pouch containing markers, notepad, basic navigational equipment and ration cards.

• AN/PRC-152 with a comtac-11 headset.

• FERMA handheld Fungoid infection scanner.

• Basic two hole balaclava.

• Black beanie hat.

• Set of ray ban clubmasters sunglasses which are in surprisingly good condition.

• Ration cards x3.

• Small black patrol pack containing two MRE’s, spare filters, tin of roll up cigarettes, spare batteries, a canteen, bush tools and a bottle of a Glenfiddich made in 1937, bottled in 2001. Her prize possession.

Personality:
A Stoic, resilient, professional albeit emotional soldier who has worked most of her adult life within the military whom has served both inside and outside the wall, and has lost a lot of good squad-mates and friends. As a result, she's particularly analytical and pragmatic when working, being surprisingly patient and restrained for someone who has lost a lot. With her following a very fragile code of ethics whilst simultaneously putting up a cold front as a defence to keep emotionally detached from the situation around her when on the job.

Socially, she's warm but introverted wallflower, being friendly enough to participate in conversations, hitting out with the occasional quip or just plain conversing when prompted, but she ultimately prefers to keep to herself, often keeping herself busy by working, whether it be with a mission, or just plain tinkering with equipment.

Despite her fairly anti social behaviour, She is however fierce loyal to her friends, right to the point where she would be willing to throw herself into a rather nasty situation or potentially get a bullet in the back of her head. She is open to what her friends have to say and often at times acts as a shoulder to lean on whenever the times get tough, often giving her unfiltered opinion. Although when others offer the same courtesy she tends to shy away from it, often keeping her own thoughts to herself.

Bio:

Born In United States, in a small town outside of Greensboro, North Carolina in late January of 1984 as one of three siblings within a family with of polish immigrants. Her father being a had formerly served as a military officer within the US forces, and her mother was an associate professor in literature in the University of Greensboro. She witnessed the hectic collapse and spread of the Cordyceps virus at age twelve. Her family was largely killed during the outbreak, with her father killing her mother with his gun after she bit Sam's younger brother, leading to him abandoning her shortly after putting down the rest of the infected family members. She was later picked up by a patrol and was placed into Hartford quarantine zone.

Like many of orphaned children, she attended a FERMA set up military academy at the age of fourteen. Sam wasn't particularly sociable during these years and was a particularly introverted and isolated, with her generally having very few friends. She was prone to fighting with other students, resulting in the staff attempting to aim her towards more aggressive activities such as boxing, which she would later excel at. At eighteen she was placed into the 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team and saw service within the streets of the Greensboro quarantine zone for two years before being moved into the scavenging unit following a string of incidents culminating in a light assault on an officer.

Outside of the walls was where she saw the most violence. Dealing with infected, fireflies and hunters alike. Exposure to the realities outside the wall and everyday encounters with the insanity of it eventually left quite a considerable effect on Sam as a person. Harding her as a person. She evolved into more of a company man that FERMA wanted, becoming more willing to follow orders that wasn't particularly easy to follow. She rose through the ranks, and was eventually placed in charge of a QRF unit. With them often being deployed to help units under attack outside the walls, during firefly attacks and for raids to find and confiscate contraband.

After a few more years of service. She and some of her men were eventually relocated to Murrell’s Inlet following some issues with manpower. She has been positioned within the outpost for the last five years, and hasn’t done anything majorly outlandish since her deployment. Her time there however and the quieter nature has gave Sam a much needed time to reflect on her actions and attempt to change for the better. With her taking a more proactive stance towards helping the people she is stuck with.

Strengths:

Samantha Pryzbylewski has served with the military post outbreak for the large part of her live over the twenty year period. Starting service at eighteen after attending a FERMA military academy in an attempt to bring in new recruits. She has been trained extensively trained and have over fifteen years of experience as a soldier. Initially starting out as a inner quarantine patrol officer being placed on actual scavenging duties.

She has experienced a number of combat situations including some outside of the walls, doing supply runs or picking up supplies from other safe zones. Dealing with engagements against the rag-tag hunters or the more well equipped fireflies as they usually attempted to steal supplies from scavenge convoys. Making her a particularly experienced not only as a squad leader but as an excellent fighter too. Particularly in close quarter combat, the utilisation of COIN techniques, and when it comes to it, hand to hand. It's been noted that she can keep a calm composure in more heated moments where others may panic, experience helps, but she does have her limits and is prone to panic just like any other soldier when unduly pressured.

Weaknesses:
She isn't without her weaknesses. Sam has done plenty of things that she isn't proud of, which have forcibly chiselled her into the person that she is today. but make no mistake, she is haunted by many of the decisions that she was forcibly made to this very day. she could be easily regarded as traumatised and is deeply burdened by a heap of guilt and personal demons, most of which manifest themselves in a variety of ways. She occasionally suffers from an array of night terrors ranging in intensity, most leaving her to wake suddenly in the night in shock, covered in her own sweat, and in other occasions the results are much more violent, bordering on dangerous for anyone around her.

The trouble doesn't exactly lay solely with the nightmares either, as actually getting to sleep can be a challenge too. The effects of the stress isn't restricted solely to sleeping problems nether. She can seemingly fall into a trance like state completely out of the blue, becoming aloof and distracted from everything around her, stares blankly off into space at seemingly nothing as she gets lost in her own thoughts, which tends lasts until she snaps out of it or someone else grasps her attention from the void, which isn't recommended, especially if it's at night.

She is also particularly protective of those around her and will go to great lengths to help people out of trouble. She doesn’t particularly like the idea of leaving a person unless she is sure that there is nothing she can do. It takes a considerable toll on her psyche doing something like that.

*Living Family Members (include locations): None; Orphaned.
*Quirks: She smokes, enjoys playing card games and reading comics.
*Likes (stuff like foods, sports or hobbies): Smoking, comic books, card games, firearms, soldiers to an extent. Unlike a lot of people, she has a surprisingly affinity to the rations and MRE’s that are distributed to the soldiers and civilians alike.
*Dislikes (don’t say “zombies” or “Hunters.” No shit nobody likes them, try and think of something more personal):Fireflies to an extent, anything outside of the wall, underground tunnels, selfishness etc.
*Worst Fears:
Infection is the most obvious one, making her particularly paranoid about people getting bit and potentially turning around her. She can have a bit of an itchy trigger finger as a result, but she has expressed that she doesn’t take any joy out of killing people for that reason.

She also has a particularly notable fear of subways and the underground. It has less to do with the fungal outbreaks and moreso to do with the fact that they are rolling labyrinths with guaranteed way out. Combine that with low visibility and strange noises makes for a very justified fear. If she is with other people she can couple fine in calmer situations but if she ends up alone or if shit hits the fan she has the tendency to panic, often triggering a fight or flight response.

*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):
I kinda just want to shoot stuff tbh.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Ormata
Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Galdius wrote:Alright, I actually sat down and had a go at writing this. I'm expecting to make some changes and my writing on the IC might be a bit slow considering that I'm running something else right now.
Faction :Military; 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team "Commandos"; Murrell’s Quick reaction force.
Appearance:
(Image)

Sam is a physically taut woman of polish descent who stands at around 5’10 weighing around 160 kilograms. She has dark browns and her chestnut hair is kept shoulder length in a bob style with simple bangs. She typically wears the standard issue United States military uniform issued to QRF troops, being a well fitted but slightly worn dark blue combat dress uniform that covers most of the body and is crafted from some strong materials, giving a little extra protection from bites. A plate carrier goes over the top of BDU jacket and is fitted with pouches and two ceramic plates giving moderate protection from small arms fire. Her hands are covered by a thick pair of military gloves.

• M4A1 (reproduction) fitted with an angled fore grip, telescopic stock, ACOG 4 x 32 rifle optic, a flashlight and bayonet lug. She has had the weapon for a few years and it's starting to show its age slightly through a worn finish and a number of scratches. She has also engraved her surname name below the ejection port. Given that the weapon is a reproduction and due to the age of the gun, it has a slight tendency to jam in dirty environments.

• Model 16 357 magnum Smith & Wesson stainless steel revolver with Cocobolo wood grips. Weapon was an heirloom that was owned by her father who abandoned her years ago. Kept in remarkably good condition due to limited and proper use.

• Six STANAG magazines; six fully loaded with 5.56x45 NATO cartridges. Centre of the magazines have been duct taped.

• M40 gasmask with a bag. Has Four spare filters rated for fungal based vectors.

• Black military Gloves

• QRF issue black plate carrier; fitted with basic ceramic plates designed to stop low calibre small arms fire. Fitted with dual stack ammo pouches which can hold six magazines, an admin pouch; basic IFAK kit and radio pouch with a basic headset and microphone.

• QRF issue dark blue uniform, It's a particularly good fit and decent in quality, based on the united states armies former uniform. The uniform has a three patches sewn into the arms, including a battalion patch on the left arm, american flag and a ID patch reading “AF-24” on the right.

• IFAK kit containing a two simple bandages, a tourniquet, basic gauze, sheers, markers, water purification tablets and electrical tape.

• Admin pouch containing markers, notepad, basic navigational equipment and ration cards.

• Black beanie hat.

• Set of ray ban clubmasters sunglasses which are in surprisingly good condition.

• Ration cards x3.

• Small black patrol pack containing two MRE’s, spare filters, tin of roll up cigarettes, spare batteries, a canteen, bush tools and a bottle of a Glenfiddich made in 1937, bottled in 2001. Her prize possession.

Personality:
A Stoic, resilient, professional albeit emotional soldier who has worked most of her adult life within the military whom has served both inside and outside the wall, and has lost a lot of good squad-mates and friends. As a result, she's particularly analytical and pragmatic when working, being surprisingly patient and restrained for someone who has lost a lot. With her following a very fragile code of ethics whilst simultaneously putting up a cold front as a defence to keep emotionally detached from the situation around her when on the job.

Socially, she's warm but introverted wallflower, being friendly enough to participate in conversations, hitting out with the occasional quip or just plain conversing when prompted, but she ultimately prefers to keep to herself, often keeping herself busy by working, whether it be with a mission, or just plain tinkering with equipment.

Despite her fairly anti social behaviour, She is however fierce loyal to her friends, right to the point where she would be willing to throw herself into a rather nasty situation or potentially get a bullet in the back of her head. She is open to what her friends have to say and often at times acts as a shoulder to lean on whenever the times get tough, often giving her unfiltered opinion. Although when others offer the same courtesy she tends to shy away from it, often keeping her own thoughts to herself.

Bio:

Born In United States, in a small town outside of Greensboro, North Carolina in late January of 1984 as one of three siblings within a family with of polish immigrants. Her father being a had formerly served as a military officer within the US forces, and her mother was an associate professor in literature in the University of Greensboro. She witnessed the hectic collapse and spread of the Cordyceps virus at age twelve. Her family was largely killed during the outbreak, with her father killing her mother with his gun after she bit Sam's younger brother, leading to him abandoning her shortly after putting down the rest of the infected family members. She was later picked up by a patrol and was placed into Hartford quarantine zone.

Like many of orphaned children, she attended a FERMA set up military academy at the age of fourteen. Sam wasn't particularly sociable during these years and was a particularly introverted and isolated, with her generally having very few friends. She was prone to fighting with other students, resulting in the staff attempting to aim her towards more aggressive activities such as boxing, which she would later excel at. At eighteen she was placed into the 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team and saw service within the streets of the Greensboro quarantine zone for two years before being moved into the scavenging unit following a string of incidents culminating in a light assault on an officer.

Outside of the walls was where she saw the most violence. Dealing with infected, fireflies and hunters alike. Exposure to the realities outside the wall and everyday encounters with the insanity of it eventually left quite a considerable effect on Sam as a person. Harding her as a person. She evolved into more of a company man that FERMA wanted, becoming more willing to follow orders that wasn't particularly easy to follow. She rose through the ranks, and was eventually placed in charge of a QRF unit. With them often being deployed to help units under attack outside the walls, during firefly attacks and for raids to find and confiscate contraband.

After a few more years of service. She and some of her men were eventually relocated to Murrell’s Inlet following some issues with manpower. She has been positioned within the outpost for the last five years, and hasn’t done anything majorly outlandish since her deployment. Her time there however and the quieter nature has gave Sam a much needed time to reflect on her actions and attempt to change for the better. With her taking a more proactive stance towards helping the people she is stuck with.

Strengths:

Samantha Pryzbylewski has served with the military post outbreak for the large part of her live over the twenty year period. Starting service at eighteen after attending a FERMA military academy in an attempt to bring in new recruits. She has been trained extensively trained and have over fifteen years of experience as a soldier. Initially starting out as a inner quarantine patrol officer being placed on actual scavenging duties.

She has experienced a number of combat situations including some outside of the walls, doing supply runs or picking up supplies from other safe zones. Dealing with engagements against the rag-tag hunters or the more well equipped fireflies as they usually attempted to steal supplies from scavenge convoys. Making her a particularly experienced not only as a squad leader but as an excellent fighter too. Particularly in close quarter combat, the utilisation of COIN techniques, and when it comes to it, hand to hand. It's been noted that she can keep a calm composure in more heated moments where others may panic, experience helps, but she does have her limits and is prone to panic just like any other soldier when unduly pressured.

Weaknesses:
She isn't without her weaknesses. Sam has done plenty of things that she isn't proud of, which have forcibly chiselled her into the person that she is today. but make no mistake, she is haunted by many of the decisions that she was forcibly made to this very day. she could be easily regarded as traumatised and is deeply burdened by a heap of guilt and personal demons, most of which manifest themselves in a variety of ways. She occasionally suffers from an array of night terrors ranging in intensity, most leaving her to wake suddenly in the night in shock, covered in her own sweat, and in other occasions the results are much more violent, bordering on dangerous for anyone around her.

The trouble doesn't exactly lay solely with the nightmares either, as actually getting to sleep can be a challenge too. The effects of the stress isn't restricted solely to sleeping problems nether. She can seemingly fall into a trance like state completely out of the blue, becoming aloof and distracted from everything around her, stares blankly off into space at seemingly nothing as she gets lost in her own thoughts, which tends lasts until she snaps out of it or someone else grasps her attention from the void, which isn't recommended, especially if it's at night.

She is also particularly protective of those around her and will go to great lengths to help people out of trouble. She doesn’t particularly like the idea of leaving a person unless she is sure that there is nothing she can do. It takes a considerable toll on her psyche doing something like that.

*Likes (stuff like foods, sports or hobbies): Smoking, comic books, card games, firearms, soldiers to an extent. Unlike a lot of people, she has a surprisingly affinity to the rations and MRE’s that are distributed to the soldiers and civilians alike.
*Dislikes (don’t say “zombies” or “Hunters.” No shit nobody likes them, try and think of something more personal):Fireflies to an extent, anything outside of the wall, underground tunnels, selfishness etc.
*Worst Fears:
Infection is the most obvious one, making her particularly paranoid about people getting bit and potentially turning around her. She can have a bit of an itchy trigger finger as a result, but she has expressed that she doesn’t take any joy out of killing people for that reason.

She also has a particularly notable fear of subways and the underground. It has less to do with the fungal outbreaks and moreso to do with the fact that they are rolling labyrinths with guaranteed way out. Combine that with low visibility and strange noises makes for a very justified fear. If she is with other people she can couple fine in calmer situations but if she ends up alone or if shit hits the fan she has the tendency to panic, often triggering a fight or flight response.

While I don't think anyone here would argue against your well-developed character, the OP has stated that no more military characters will be allowed (Unless I am missing something here).

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The United States of North Amerigo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Galdius wrote:Alright, I actually sat down and had a go at writing this. I'm expecting to make some changes and my writing on the IC might be a bit slow considering that I'm running something else right now.
Appearance:
(Image)

• Black military Gloves

• Black beanie hat.

• Ration cards x3.

Personality:

Bio:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

*Worst Fears:

Military applications are closed.
Amerigo.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:55 pm

The United States of North Amerigo wrote:
Appearance:
(Image)

• Black military Gloves

• Black beanie hat.

• Ration cards x3.

Personality:

Bio:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

*Worst Fears:

Military applications are closed.

Check the OP.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Appearance:
(Image)

• Black military Gloves

• Black beanie hat.

• Ration cards x3.

Personality:

Bio:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

*Worst Fears:

Fantastic character. Really, my only complaint is that the government agency is FEDRA, and they're pretty much a more aggressive fictional FEMA. Other than that, I have virtually no problems. Accepted

To Ormata and Amerigo, Galdius and Helghast reserved military characters, so I'm giving them the last spots.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galdius
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:57 pm

Appearance:
(Image)

• Black military Gloves

• Black beanie hat.

• Ration cards x3.

Personality:

Bio:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

*Worst Fears:

Fantastic character. Really, my only complaint is that the government agency is FEDRA, and they're pretty much a more aggressive fictional FEMA. Other than that, I have virtually no problems. Accepted

To Ormata, Galdius and Helghast reserved military characters, so I'm giving them the last spots.

I'll read through the IC and I'll figure a way to weasel my way in. Anything particular on your mind about my entry?
Ave Alea Necis

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:04 pm

KK.

Hey, OP, uh...could you please, please, please not take control of characters? You are the OP, yes, but I expect a certain amount of being able to do as I see fit with my characters. What you had Vedenin do goes completely against the principles he has; he defends family. Him fleeing I do not see in any way. I mean, for all sakes, he is former Russian Army armed with a submachinegun. Furthermore, he had spoken to Anowa's Russian lady, prior to the shootout, and was going to go with her.

While OPs are given some amount of leniency, I would like to state that this falls onto the territory of God-Modding, or at the very least scratches against it.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Galdius wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Fantastic character. Really, my only complaint is that the government agency is FEDRA, and they're pretty much a more aggressive fictional FEMA. Other than that, I have virtually no problems. Accepted

To Ormata, Galdius and Helghast reserved military characters, so I'm giving them the last spots.

I'll read through the IC and I'll figure a way to weasel my way in. Anything particular on your mind about my entry?

I'd say you could hook up with the rest of the characters on the way to the hospital. Your character could be saved while fighting a runner, or save another character who's being attacked by a hunter.

Just so people know, while most of the locations you'll travel to will be pretty accurate to their actual appearances, the Murrell's Inlet here and the Murrell's Inlet in real life look completely different. So, I wouldn't rely on Google Maps to figure out the geography in the town. For a frame of reference, I'll have it so the hospital is a mile north from the town hall, so you'll have to cross through the park and fields. After the hospital part, the Prologue should be over and the main story can begin.

Ormata wrote:KK.

Hey, OP, uh...could you please, please, please not take control of characters? You are the OP, yes, but I expect a certain amount of being able to do as I see fit with my characters. What you had Vedenin do goes completely against the principles he has; he defends family. Him fleeing I do not see in any way. I mean, for all sakes, he is former Russian Army armed with a submachinegun. Furthermore, he had spoken to Anowa's Russian lady, prior to the shootout, and was going to go with her.

While OPs are given some amount of leniency, I would like to state that this falls onto the territory of God-Modding, or at the very least scratches against it.

Of course, friend. I only had him leave the town hall with Anna because I would assume that Vedenin would attempt to get Anna out of there since she had been shot. Rereading it, I see I wrote flee on there, but that's not exactly what I meant. I'm a bit tired today, so forgive me if my stuff comes off as misconstrued.

I won't god mod as much in the future, it's just that I kind of want to get the Prologue over and done with so we can get to the meat of the story.

Ormata
Senator

Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Ormata wrote:KK.

Of course, friend. I only had him leave the town hall with Anna because I would assume that Vedenin would attempt to get Anna out of there since she had been shot. Rereading it, I see I wrote flee on there, but that's not exactly what I meant. I'm a bit tired today, so forgive me if my stuff comes off as misconstrued.

I won't god mod as much in the future, it's just that I kind of want to get the Prologue over and done with so we can get to the meat of the story.

Alrighty then. That makes way, way more sense than what I had thought. Heck, maybe Anna has grown on him. Maybe it's reflex. Btw, uh...also, he has his Walther MP out, so...yeah...

Well, cool. I'll get a post up soon.
Last edited by Ormata on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse