NATION

PASSWORD

Asexuality in YN

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Devernia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Asexuality in YN

Postby Devernia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:35 am

Just a very simple one. How are asexuals treated in your nation? Asexuals are people with no sexuality; that is, they aren't attracted to any gender.

Just less than half of the Devernite population is asexual, despite the animes that would lure in tons of teenagers otherwise. The reason for this is unknown, even to scientists. Some theories stem to genetics; others to the former Red-Nosed Eagle Republic's leader, Korona Mirakai (she was well known for her very alluring physique), which probably did lots of bad things.

In general, the law allows for the free practice of any gender or sex, including asexuals.
Last edited by Devernia on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Comunidade de Devernha [MT 2019]
???
NS stats may or may not be used.

NOTE: Will nearly retcon everything soon.
RECENT HEADLINES:26 Officials In Parliament Found With NCoV | Devernian Stock Market Collapses In Global Recession | "How Long Will We Last?" Declares Opinion Piece In Gaerson Journal

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:37 am

They're treated like anyone else in our nation, with respect and fairness.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

The New Telengana Rajj
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Telengana Rajj » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:37 am

Killed,Hung,Burned and publicly.Or made fun off due to not acting normal and not getting attracted to somebody
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.18
Current RP's I am in:-
-International Warfare
-Rome's Folly

Call me Rajj for short, TG me if you want :)
A PMT nation based on the Indian State of Telengana.

Kovruka
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kovruka » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:24 am

Asexuality, as it is, is considered an aberration because it defies the first order of God (just like homosexuality). There is, however, people who decide to live a life of chastity. This decision is based on devotion towards the Lord rather than just a rebellious attitude towards nature.
All posts are made by the Kovrukan Ministry of External Inteligence. The Emperor will interact with other nations through the aforementioned organism.

Factbooks with publishable information are under writing process.

Nortainland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 06, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nortainland » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:54 am

The Office of the Bishop-in-Ordinary
The Church of Nortend has a positive stance on asexuality in that it is good. In I Corinthians 7:1, Paul says 'It is good for a man not to touch a woman'. If a man can control his desires, and in the case of asexuality one assumes he has none of these such desires, it is good.

In the culture of Great Nortend, given the most likely negligible population of asexuals, as the Lord of the Survey does not ask those domiciled such questions, most people would probably be incredulous that someone would have no desire at all.
Last edited by Nortainland on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Soadino
Envoy

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soadino » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:56 am

It's not recognized as a thing in Soadino
Rights don't end where feelings begin
This is me
The United Farms wrote:Hispanic girl, 16 yo, living in the southern US. Likes juice and wears black hoodie.

King Louis IX supreme
Le Français toujours vaincra!

Galway-Dublin
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Galway-Dublin » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:02 am

It's recognized as a thing in Galway-Dublin, and individuals who identify as asexual are generally not discriminated against culturally. While asexuality isn't in general commonly considered by the population to be an antagonizing trait, it's still protected by the constitution in regard to discrimination like all other sexualities.
Trans woman, 23, irish cream enthusiast.
Yank from Chicago
Issue authorship:
674: Let them eat rainbow cake!
836: Don't drink the grape punch

Paredonia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Paredonia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:00 am

Asexuals are treated exactly the same as anyone else in the Federal States and always have been. There is no stigma and no discrimination against them in Paredonian society whatsoever.
THE FEDERAL STATES OF PAREDONIA
"Aliqui tantum temere verba"
"No one in the world needs a mink coat but a mink." - Murray Banks
"A Dog is for Life, not just for Christmas." - Clarissa Baldwin
"A dog is the only creature on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself." - Josh Billings
22, Male, British European, left-wing liberal, monarchist.
PRO: EU, left-wing, multiculturalism, choice, immigration, refugees, equality, British unionism, atheism, Hillary
ANTI: UKIP, SNP, Brexit, right-wing, racism, islamophobia, xenophobia, sexism, Scottish independence, Scottish nationalists, nationalism, religion, Trump, Farage, Sturgeon, Le Pen

Novus Niciae
Negotiator

Founded: May 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus Niciae » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:00 am

It is reasonably common among synthetics and minds to not have a sexual orientation. But it is pretty uncommon in the general population.
For: Free thought, 2 state solution for Israel, democracy, playing the game.
Against: Totalitarianism, Theocracy, Slavery, Playing the system
Tech Level: FT

The Gamindustrian Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gamindustrian Union » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:09 am

Like everyone else.

We care not about asexuality.
THIS NATION USES A FEW NS STATS
This nation is Hyperdimension and Ultradimension in the Neptunia universe, where the nations decided to become a union à la European Union. This is set in MT, although the tech level is early PMT. What would you expect? It's Neptunia.
Do you even Nep, bro?
Embassy Programme (Open)

WaRtArIa
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WaRtArIa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:11 am

The majority of us will not care about whether or not they are asexuals. Certain rude couples may tease them for their asexualities, while religious groups may praise them for their chastity.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:11 am

No discrimination towards it but is essentially a myth in Kirishima/Flardania.
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Zhouran
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zhouran » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:12 am

To the Kang Yingyong regime, asexuality is seen as a form of helpful self-eugenics, as in the words of Kang Yingyong: "asexuals are doing a favor by allowing the budget on eugenics and population-control programs to decrease."

Karjamaa
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Karjamaa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:40 am

Asexuals are sent to labor camps deep within the Baltic forests.
this nation is not finnish. this nation is based on some of my rl views
Nacionālistiska Ganavas Republika
News: Navy to perform large naval  exercise in the Baltic Sea - Defence Minister signs anti-agression pact with Russia - 5 skyscrapers planned to be built in central Juurista - Drug runners caught at the Russian border - 12 citizens dead in train crash in Jurmala
Karjamaa Is A Nation Located Roughly In Estonia And Latvia, And Have A Strong Military Tradition.We Do NOT Use NS Stats

The Vrree Nations
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vrree Nations » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Because of how Vrree biology works, all Vrree could be considered asexual, or none of them, depending on the time of year.

Vrree go into heat regularly. When not in heat, Vrree have little or no interest in sex, and so are functionally asexual. During the hot season however, all healthy Vrree are affected by the pheromones released. Asexuals (who make up about 1% of the population) will simply release their urges by masturbating or by having sex with people they are attracted to for non-sexual reasons. These sorts of asexuals are treated with respect in Vrree society, but the sexual majority often have trouble wrapping their heads around the idea.

True asexuals who cannot go into heat are considered to be suffering from a medical problem. It is a very humiliating disability because a Vrree cannot become an adult, and gain the rights and privileges that come with it, unless and until they go into heat for the first time. Fortunately, effective treatments for this are available.

Being constantly (able to be) aroused is also considered to be medical problem. It is also a very socially disruptive condition, since pheromone release can cause chain reactions. Nowadays the condition can be managed by taking medication or undergoing genetic therapy, but in the past, it was cured by castration for good of the sufferer and everyone else.

For their part, Vrree consider human sexuality patterns to be strange and perverted, due to their inability to separate sexy time and not sexy time, and the resulting oversexualization of their culture.

Catholostab
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Catholostab » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:54 pm

In catholostab everyone treated same. You are born, you work, you die. As is life in communist catholostab

Chadtonia
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chadtonia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Gandoor wrote:They're treated like anyone else in our nation, with respect and fairness.

Same here too. They are under the same laws as any other citizen. However, in Chadtonia we don't use the term "asexual." We use "non-predisposed to differing gender attractions."
Last edited by Chadtonia on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Yubba gofthey burqa nit"-- Emperor Chad the Second in Historical Chadtonian.

Click here for more information about Chadtonia

New Lyrane
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 14, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Lyrane » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Devernia wrote:Just a very simple one. How are asexuals treated in your nation? Asexuals are people with no sexuality; that is, they aren't attracted to any gender.

In New Lyrane, asexuality is not a thing. Some persons have a low to nonexistent sex drive and that's all there is to it. There is no tracking of who that might be.

Persons who would be considered asexual in galactic terms are probably more highly represented among nuns and ascetics since those disciplines usually require celibacy and other forms of self-denial.

Since in our species sexuality is unrelated to procreation, an asexual person may very well have a child or even more than one. This is very fortunate for them since otherwise their career prospects would be rather limited, as only mothers are considered mature enough for leadership positions.
Sari Kaniraya, PhD (University of Haru, New Lyrane)
Speaker-to-Animals
"Also? I can kill you with my brain."
Trying to strike a balance between Author Appeal, Flawed Utopia, Nightmare Fuel, and Realism... IN SPACE!

Chostea
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Chostea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:19 pm

The president himself is asexual. All sexual minorities are protected by law since 2015.
Population: ~110 million
NS stats ≠ My stats. Reading factbooks saves lives!

DEFLEV: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] – Peacetime

Aspua
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aspua » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:26 pm

In Aspua, people are allowed to call themselves and be attracted to whoever they wish. However, as of September 2027, non-birth genders/genders other than male or female are not officially recognized.
My nation is a Class Q17 according to the Civilization Index.

Keppea
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keppea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Asexuality in Keppea is treated as any other part of the LGBTQA community and is in no way persecuted or discriminated against by the government.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:09 pm

It is completely ok to be asexual in Thermodolia. Asexuality as with any other sexual orientation and gender identity or lack thereof is protected by law. An asexual person cannot be fired nor refused work due to their asexual status. Currently Asexuals make up about 2% of national population.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Soufrieria
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Soufrieria » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Asexuals are treated the same as everyone else. At least, by the government and most people.

Ventalia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ventalia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:01 pm

As with other orientations and what have you, total indifference. Sexuality is the private affair of the individual; law and society treat asexuals and other orientations equally and do not discriminate.
Last edited by Ventalia on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
V E N T A L I A
Devilishly handsome Spaniards & French folk qui parlent français.
This nation represents my views taken a step too far. NS states are a general guideline for direction.
-Refounded 2023-

Laredo-
Envoy

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Laredo- » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:11 pm

Asexuals are treated fairly in Laredo. They have never brought about any issues and are scheduled to be listed as an approved sexual orientation by next year.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information