NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls: Aftermath [OOC | OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Reboot this?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 13

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Elder Scrolls: Aftermath [OOC | OPEN]

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:19 am

THE ELDER SCROLLS: AFTERMATH

IC Thread
Previous RP

Co-op: Uhh...

...he laughed and swung his sword, running into the rain of Kyne to slaughter their Ayleid captives, screaming, "O Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching back! Umaril dares call us out, for that is how we made him!" And it was during these fits of anger and nonsense that Pelinal would fall into the Madness, where whole swaths of lands were devoured in divine rampage to become Void, and Alessia would have to pray to the Gods for their succor, and they would reach down as one mind and soothe the Whitestrake until he no longer had the will to kill the earth in whole.

The Song of Pelinal, Volume 6: On His Madness

War. It is, perhaps, too often seen as some sort of final solution for all of one's troubles. One swiftly crushes its foes, wiping out the opposition with but a few blows, ending the problem forever. And so they go to war. They forget about the cost.

Forty years ago, the Empire and the Aldmeri Dominion went to war once again. The two mortal enemies clashed, and the Dominion was pushed back towards the Summerset Isles. The Empire hailed it as a great victory. They forgot about what it had costed them. In the north, Skyrim was divided, the victorious Imperial forces, returning from the southern front unable to retake the land they had lost up in the cold. Without the manpower to consolidate on their victory, Elsweyr remained an empty no-man's land, restored to an independent, but fragile, divided state. Many had perished in the Great War, and many of the smaller towns back in Cyrodiil found themselves with a shortage of men to yield the crops, entire villages dying of starvation. Peryite's many plagues ran rampant across the continent, killing many in its path.

The Bosmer of Valenwood, many of them having sided with the Empire against their Aldmeri overlords, found themselves ending up as nothing but a puppet state of their supposed allies, their dreams of independence crushed once more. At the Summerset Isles, what was left of the Aldmeri Dominion's governing powers were overtaken in a coup similar to the one they themselves had undertaken several years prior, the Thalmor once again enforcing their rule and teachings over the Aldmeri lands. The battered Dominion dug in, reinforcing their borders, bracing themselves for any further attacks against them that might follow.

Remaunes Cardes II, hailed as victor of this Second Great War, was felled by disease. His only child far too young to ascend the throne, power was handed over to the Elder Council. and the late Emperor's cousin, having had at least some experience on statesmanship several years prior, in Skyrim. Having to deal with more and more rebellious nobles by the month, it was a wonder that the Empire remained standing, if barely. The Cardes regent was killed by assassins, murdered in her sleep. The last Emperor's only child, Alessascia Emeveria Marilotta Cardes, was rapidly instated as the Empress at the fragile age of seventeen, and still rules to this day, although many question how much it is the people around her that rule, rather than the Cardes child.

Three years have passed since the death of the Regent. According to some, it is a miracle the Empire still stands. It's ancient enemy still a presence in the southeast, and surrounded by independent territories, their motives uncertain, the fact that the Empire still stands may be seen as the legacy of Cyrodiil's rulers of old. Their realm is now under attack not from the outside - although one might question for how long that is - but from the inside. It has become increasingly common for nobles to rise to power, attempting to seize the throne for themselves, as in the corners of society, there are hushed whispers of Daedric Princes and the powers that they promise those willing to aid their cause, although no one seems to know what exactly that is.

As the leafs fall off of the trees and the cold winds of winter come, nothing is certain but for one thing. It will be a long, long winter indeed.

"I am Cyrodiil come."

Reman I

Hi, and welcome! As you might've gotten out of the intro text, this RP is set quite a while (well, depending on the length of your lifespan...) after the events of the last Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim. This Roleplay is set as a sequel of this roleplay, and the events presented above have all been influenced by events that happened there. That is not to say that you, as a newcomer, can't join this - the contrary! This is set 40 years after the 'original' (which was set about a 100 years after Skyrim), and below you'll find a summary of the most important things that have happened - both of which shouldn't make it too hard for you to create a character and jump right into the action!

This OOC thread is intended for both discussion of the RP, planning things concerning this RP, asking questions addressed to the OP (and any potential co-ops), but also for general discussion between participants, be it about the Elder Scrolls universe, or something else entirely - basically, don't be afraid to talk about whatever, and if there's any questions, just ask!

The World

I've divided this into two pieces so that it's easier for the 'veterans' to read. Underneath the first spoiler you'll find the text that was found in the OP at this spot, describing what happened between Skyrim and the setting of The Elder Scrolls: Ascension. Underneath the second spoiler, you'll find everything that's happened since then, or at least, the most important stuff!

The Dragonborn's done all the quests and such from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and during the Civil War he sided with the Stormcloaks - racist Nord bastard that he is! With the Emperor assassinated by the Dark Brotherhood, Cyrodiil slowly erupts into Chaos once again as Councillors begin vying for power, although the Elder Council manages to agree on sending more Legionaries towards Skyrim to aid the remaining troops in an effort to reclaim the province - successfully so, the Imperial Legion managing to claim Markarth, Falkreath, Riften, Morthal, and Solitude - keeping the vital link between High Rock and Cyrodiil in Imperial hands.

For roughly 40 years the play for power in Cyrodiil regularly changes into open conflict, not much different from the Stormcrown Interregnum not more than 200 years before. The Aldmeri Dominion, still suffering from its losses during the Great War, is unable to invade but assassinates several key political figures. Eventually, the civil war is ended as Remaunus Cardes, claiming to be sent to claim the throne by the Worldy God Reman Cyrodiil and the hero-god Tiber Septim (and even naming himself after the former), ascends the throne, pushing his claim by his recovering of several of the Divine Crusader's relics, formerly lost once more following the Oblivion Crisis. Getting rid of the opposition, the guy cements his power in the Empire. Following that, he sets his eyes upon Skyrim, seeking to reunite the Empire of old as best as he can in order to combat the Aldmeri Dominion.

Remaunus Cardes proceeds to invade the parts of Skyrim that remain independent, wiping out what remained of the Stormcloak rebellion and replacing the local government with Imperial nobility. Following that, the newly crowned Emperor sets for High Rock, cementing the province's allegiance to the Empire by several marriage contracts - wedding the Breton High King's daughter as well as several other notable families wedding into the Imperial family with the Emperor's relatives. With High Rock in his pocket, the man (the legend!) moves for the Skyrim-Hammerfel border, towards the city of Orsinium - securing the aid of the Orcs by promising them their own province should the Aldmeri threat be dealt with, the Imperial Legion's ranks swelling with Orsimer recruits.

With that done, he returns to Cyrodiil (smug grin and all), attempting to restore relations with Hammerfel, rather than outright seizing it sending more Imperial "advisers" as well as supplies, in return for the province's aid in the coming Second Great War. Relations with Morrowind and Argonia are not restored, the Emperor unwilling to waste his resources on stopping the conflict between the two former provinces of the Empire, the conflict ever at a standstill, House Redoran forming the bulwark against the Argonian tide.

Que even more years later, Emperor Cardes' grandson, Remaunus Cardes III has risen to the throne, and the Imperial Legion is almost at its largest since the Great War. With the aid of the Orsimer and Hammerfel promised to the Empire, the Empire prepares for the Second Great War, intent on defeating the Aldmeri Dominion once and for all...

War found its way to Tamriel once more. Supplying rebellious Bosmer, based around Arenthia in Valenwood, the Empire attacked the Aldmeri Dominion, intent on ending their rivals forever. Rallying the aid of other rivals of the Dominion, such as forces from Hammerfell, Orsinium, rebel Khajiit, and through circumstance even the Maormer, the Empire succeeded in driving the Aldmeri forces out of the lands of Elsweyr and Valenwood, driving them back to their homeland, the Summerset Isles or Alinor. The Isles came under siege, but the invaders were repelled, retreating but still claiming their victory as they returned to their homes.

The Thalmor seized control of the Dominion again, only a scant few years after the successful coup committed against them at the onset of the Second Great War, the Dominion's new Queen naught but a puppet, the Dominion digging in, reinforcing its cities and navy as it tries to recover from its grievous losses. Valenwood was granted independence, ruled over by a council settled in Arenthia, the city where their rebellion started, although in truth the Imperial 'ambassador' or 'envoy' has more to say about what actually happens. Elsweyr is independent again, split into its two Kingdoms. Up in the North Skyrim lies divided, the ancient holds of The Pale, Winterholdt, and Eastmarch lost to the Empire, taken over by the rebel lord Ylgim Skycrown.

Upon his return to Cyrodiil, the Emperor Remaunes Cardes II married, although his one and only child, a daughter, was born many years later, leaving much speculation as to whether or not he is the actual father of the child or not. Felled by disease, his cousin Esthael Cardes was named Regent until the child got of age, ruling in her stead. The Empire clung together, if barely, until she, too, died, murdered by assassins of unknown origin. The child, then seventeen, was named Empress at once as several small rebellions rose, lords from throughout Cyrodiil seeking to claim the Ruby Throne for themselves. Their uprisings squashed by the Legion, she remained in power, although largely delegating her tasks to others, mostly to those seated on the Elder Council.

Now, three years after the ascension of the Empire's new ruler, the situation remains dire, the Empire itself fragile, the Great War having taken its toll on the once great realm, as well as its neighbors and foes. Uprisings and cults appear to be more common than ever, and the legitimacy of the Empress' claim to the throne is something much discussed, be it questioning her actual descent, her unhealthily pale and gaunt appearance, and from the way many of her tasks have been delegated to the extravagant parties held in the Imperial City at her behest more than often. The fragile Empire, combined with the fractured, unstable Tamriel as a whole, make the future nothing but uncertain - who knows what could ever happen?

Rules & Application

As always, there are some rules in place - these shouldn't be too hard to follow, I believe, and are pretty much common sense, but here they are anyway!

Follow the site's rules.
Don't godmod/metagame/etc.
Use correct grammar and spelling.
Minimum IC post size should be one paragraph compromising of at least 4 lines.
Don't be an ass.
Players can not achieve CHIM, nor can they use Console Commands (looking at you, Vivec) or the Creation Kit. No reloading old save games!
You're allowed three characters total - none of them should be Canon characters, and if they're related only distantly so (exceptions for minor characters).
Have fun!

Current no-no's for character creation:
Dragonborn (or people that can shout in general), Shezzarines, etc.
No races that aren't playable in the game (this might be up for discussion, but generally, no)
No leaders of Companions/Fighters Guild/College of Winterhold/etc

And here's the app form, if you'd like to join.

Code: Select all
[size=135][b](CHARACTER NAME HERE)[/b][/size][floatright][img](link to image for appearance if you got one)[/img][/floatright]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] What do you look like? Description or picture. You may delete this part of the app if you did a picture in the [float right] tags!
[b]Class:[/b] What is your class? Check the Elder Scrolls wiki or UESP for more info if required!
[b]Equipment:[/b] What equipment do you use? Equipment includes armor, weapons, and any other gear you might use.
[b]Skills:[/b] What are you really good at?
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] What are you really bad at/What are your weaknesses?
[b]Bio:[/b] Two paragraph minumum.
[b]RP Sample:[/b] One or more. You can also write one for this RP specifically.

(please remove all text in this app that isn't within the bold tags)
(everything underneath is optional)

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Theme song:[/b]
[b]Voice:[/b]
(feel free to add something else to this list yourself!)
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Reserved 2/3
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:20 am

Reserved 3/3
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Founded: Mar 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:26 am

Awesome.
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
"Do you think atomic bombs are made from mega-strenght Downy towels?" - Mozria
"I'm going to die alone, aren't I?" - Wester
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:28 am

Will make apps when I get back from classes
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:31 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Will make apps when I get back from classes

TG me and we can discuss. Don't happen to have Discord, do you? No problem if you don't.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:33 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Will make apps when I get back from classes

TG me and we can discuss. Don't happen to have Discord, do you? No problem if you don't.

I've been looking into getting it.

Might bring the Skycrowns back.

The third character is still a mystery for me...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

The Lendol Archipelago
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lendol Archipelago » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:38 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:TG me and we can discuss. Don't happen to have Discord, do you? No problem if you don't.

Well, tell me if you do.

Sounds cool.

It's 3 characters maximum, not minimum :p
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
#ValaranSoFab
I'm Lebdol Archpenis

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:39 am

I'll just start off by throwing up an app for the Empress, as I'll be following some important stuff from her point of view. Will see about any other characters.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:44 am

The Lendol Archipelago wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Well, tell me if you do.

Sounds cool.

Your max is my min...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:51 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Lendol Archipelago wrote:Well, tell me if you do.

Sounds cool.

Your max is my min...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doFnCzUxLU8
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:10 pm

Danceria wrote:
Danteus Saviador
Race: Dunmer/Dark Elf
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: I gave you an image
Class: Archer/Stealth-Warrior
Equipment: What equipment do you use? Equipment includes armor, weapons, and any other gear you might use.
Skills: What are you really good at?
Weaknesses: What are you really bad at/What are your weaknesses?
Bio: Two paragraph minumum.
RP Sample: One or more. You can also write one for this RP specifically.

(please remove all text in this app that isn't within the bold tags)
(everything underneath is optional)

Personality:
Theme song:
Voice: Liam O'Brien

I have returned.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Excellent.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:48 pm

Taggity tag tag!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:01 pm

Would a Adra-worshiping Dunmer be exiled from Morrowind?
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Danceria wrote:Would a Adra-worshiping Dunmer be exiled from Morrowind?

A Dunmer worshiping the Nine (or Eight) Divines? Doubt he or she'd be banished for that.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:05 pm

Hjola Skycrown
Race:
Nord
Gender/Sex:
Female / Pan
Class:
Dragonknight
Equipment:
  • The armour in her appearance pic
  • A Nordic Greatsword enchanted with Fire
  • Her grandfathers amulet of Talos
  • Potions
  • Lockpicks
  • Coin purse
Skills:
Hjola is a very talented with her Greatsword, fire magic, and is a good leader much like her grandfather. She is also a dragonknight, which comes with its own set of abilities, each one she has mastered.
Dragonknight Skills
  • Dragonknight Standard
  • Burning Embers
  • Volatile Armor
  • Burning Talons
  • Sea of Flames
  • Fragmented Shield
  • Kindling
  • Searing Heart
  • Elder Dragon
  • Scaled Armor
  • Battle Roar

Weaknesses:
She's very hard headed. Not only that, she lacks the ability to be stealthy or subtle.
Bio:
There once was a man named Ylgim Skycrown. This was a man who would become hated by the Empire but loved by his people. He was capable of doing what the Stromcloaks many years ago failed to do. He created a free Skyrim. That said, it only consisted of three holds, but still, he was able to secure a victory over the Empire. After doing so, he settled down, and have a few children. One of his sons wouldn't do anything real important except for being the father of a little girl. This girl was Hjola Skycrown.

Hjola Skycrown would be raised by her grandfather mainly though, as her father died soon after her birth, and her mother died in child birth. Ylgim taught her what he could, and what he couldn't, he hired some one to do so. As such, she got the best education that her grandfather could give her. Eventually it became obvious that she was a natural born warrior, and at his older age Ylgim knew that he couldn't train her. So, he hired someone to do so. It just so happened that the one he hired was a Dragonknight. Her training took her away from the Skycrown manor, and all around Tamriel. Only recently has she returned to Skyrim, to find that her grandfather, though still alive, is in an increasingly worsening condition.
RP Sample:
Ummm... Hello... It be me.

Personality:
Optional
Dislikes:
Optional
Theme song:
Optional
Voice:
Optional
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:07 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Danceria wrote:Would a Adra-worshiping Dunmer be exiled from Morrowind?

A Dunmer worshiping the Nine (or Eight) Divines? Doubt he or she'd be banished for that.

Well...
Feck.

I need an adventurous and slightly quirky Dunmer to break stereotypes. Just get me out of Morrowind on something other than a slaving mission.
Obligatory Quotes below

Hastiaka
Minister

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hastiaka » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:18 pm

What happened to the Aldmeri refugee colony in Skyrim?

The Knights of Azorea
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of Azorea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:18 pm

I'm very divided on where to play. An Imperial Legate would be good fun, but the Count of Kvatch could be cool, if for little more than figuring out what has happened to our favorite burnt out husk in the last few centuries.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:19 pm

The Knights of Azorea wrote:I'm very divided on where to play. An Imperial Legate would be good fun, but the Count of Kvatch could be cool, if for little more than figuring out what has happened to our favorite burnt out husk in the last few centuries.

I'd preferably not have people I don't know yet play Counts etc. - no offense intended, of course, but hey!

Hastiaka wrote:What happened to the Aldmeri refugee colony in Skyrim?

Probably removed like kebab.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:21 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Hastiaka wrote:What happened to the Aldmeri refugee colony in Skyrim?

Probably removed like kebab.

It's likely actually still around.... for now....
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:22 pm

It's been way too long since I made an app for any RP, really :S

Alessascia Emeveria Marilotta Cardes
Race: Imperial
Gender/Sex: Female
Appearance: Alessascia Emeveria Marilotta Cardes, usually simply 'Emeveria Cardes', is pale and gaunt, short at about 165cm, and unhealthily thin. The Imperial usually looks rather tired, bags underneath her eyes at almost all times. In better days, she might've passed for beautiful, but the years have already taken a toll on her. Her face is stuck in an almost perpetual, sorrowful frown. Soft, curly red hair frames her face, taken care of not as well as some other nobles would perhaps do, only aiding in making her look even paler. Her skin is unblemished, with no scars, spots, or any other marks to find whatsoever. Her eyes are a bright green, inherited from her (alleged?) father's family line.

She carries herself with grace, despite her fragile form, and appears to be more than confident of herself when she speaks, her voice loud and clear. Her eyes usually seem to scan her surroundings intently, darting from left to right, as if looking for some sort of hidden threat. While cautious, her demeanor still shows some clear signs of arrogance, as is to be expected from higher nobility and royalty especially. Emeveria is not often seen without at least a small following, a handmaiden, a few guards, a steward - there always appears to be at least someone right behind her, hardly ever a moment on her own during the long days she usually makes.
Class: Bard (Oblivion). More of a talker, less of a fighter.
Equipment: She is hardly ever seen in anything other than dresses or robes, let alone in proper equipment one could use while in a fight. The only piece of weaponry she keeps at her side almost all the time is the Sword of the Crusader, inherited from her late father. Keeps some jewelry on her person, although nothing too flashy or expensive.
Skills: Emeveria is a good orator, able to bring her points clearly and in a convincing way. Other than that she is perceptive, both of her surroundings and in a conversation, able to spot an odd face in a crowd, or a lie told in a conversation with relative ease. Aside from this she is excellent at delegating tasks to others with more expertise in the relevant subjects, but without handing them too much power for them to take.
Weaknesses: Physically weak, and most definitely not a fighter, be it with physical weapons, or by more magical means - all in all hardly capable of fighting for herself at all, perhaps able to wield a sword to slight success. Most definitely reliant on her guards for protection, as a result.
Bio: Born as Alessascia Emeveria Marilotta Cardes to her mother Aremilia and her father Remaunes Cardes II, then Emperor, Emeveria lost both of her parents at an early age. Her father was felled by an as of yet unknown disease, while her mother died several years later, the cause of death seemingly a natural one. The young Imperial was raised mostly by servants back at the Palace, as well as a few distant family members and friends. Taught mainly the manners of a noblewoman, and introduced the basics of how one was to be a good ruler, from an early age onward she was to be prepared for the position she was to fulfill one day. As a sole heir, and even the legitimacy of that being a point of discussion to some, several attempts were made in order to remove the child from play, although kidnappings and assassinations alike were foiled, although they obviously did not do much good to the young girl, kept under heavy guard.

With the death of the Regent, right in the middle of the White-Gold Tower, her guard was doubled again, and she would rarely be seen without at least someone to protect her nearby. Ascending the throne at the age of seventeen, Emeveria delegated much of her tasks to others, from members of the Elder Council to nobles or generals of the Imperial Legion - people more capable of seeing the tasks she entrusted upon them completed than she herself ever could. It is something that has marked her rule over the past three years, although she still oversees the most important matters, as well as some of the lesser situations requiring attention. The past few years have seen more than a few attempts on her life have been made, and several rebellious nobles have been apprehended, the Empire's monarch distancing herself from those around her more and more as people she had known for most of her life turned against her.

For now, Empress Cardes keeps control of the Empire, spanning from High Rock to Cyrodiil, and even Valenwood, her Legions dispatching of those that would see her removed from power as the world around her slowly starts to crumble and fade.

Theme song: Here
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Is the new Skycrown acceptable?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse