NATION

PASSWORD

The Wellspring Event (TWI ONLY | OOC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Atnaia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Wellspring Event (TWI ONLY | OOC)

Postby Atnaia » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:29 am

IC

"I am the Wellspring. All that you are comes from me. All that you have been given comes from me. All power that you have is my gift. And what is given can be taken away..."

Blackout Comics Presents
WELLSPRING
A Generation-Defining Comics Event

Background

Blackout Comics is Atnaia's premier comics company, spanning dozens of titles, hundreds of characters and over 60 years of superhero adventures. The Wellspring Event seeks to revitalize the stories told by Blackout and set a new paradigm for years to come.

One day as Atnaia's mightiest hero, Yellowsash, is on a routine patrol, a strange blast of energy strikes him and he falls from the sky, crash-landing in the middle of Port Gray. The Impossible Man of Yesteryear, a seemingly immortal and indestructible entity, is dead. Soon, many other superpowered beings from around the world are struck by similar blasts and killed. Heroes and villains alike panic as a strange and invisible force seems to be picking them off, no matter how powerful they are. What this force is and why it is targetting superheroes and supervillains is unknown. All that is known is that it is on the warpath, and it seems to be preparing for something...something big...something world-shattering...

Yellowsash had inspired dozens of other heroes over the years, not the least of which was Atnaian Hero, sometimes mockingly referred to as "Yellowsash's biggest fanboy". With the death of his mentor, Atnaian Hero knows that things can only go from bad to worse. The world needs a Yellowsash, and someone has to figure out what killed the original. Atnaian Hero will investigate and form a team of heroes and villains to discover what happened, and what the enigmatic force is planning. But first, he must don a new mantle...

And all of this is watched over by the Witness, the mighty alien entity that chronicles human history, but is dedicated to not interfere. But he may know more about the strange power than anyone else...

Characters

Two lists of Blackout Comics characters currently exist, both in very WIP states. These lists are unfinished and in various states of completion. With permission, you can play as one of these characters. Alternatively, you can make your own characters and send them to me to be added to the dispatch. Preferably, any new characters would utilize the format present at the top of the Heroes page.

Any questions can be directed my way.

The World

The world of Blackout Comics is designed to feel familiar, utilizing expies of major elements of both Marvel and DC Comics to make entry into the world feel easy. However, there are a few major world elements that may need elaboration.

Firstly, gods. The basic conceit is that the ancient gods exist, but cannot interact directly on the mortal plane. Instead, they can bestow mortals with elements of their power (called Spirits) to act as their messengers on Earth. Some people are wholly taken over by the god, manifesting new personalities. Some retain their own personality and only gain superpowers. Some find themselves somewhere in the middle. Sometimes a Spirit can be tied to an object, sometimes it can be passed on through a family line, and sometimes it shows up randomly. Depends On The Writer, basically. This can be a quick way to get a hero to randomly develop powers.

Secondly, aliens. There are most certainly aliens in this world, untold species of them. The most dangerous to man are the telepathic Commisar, who are essentially Skull/Kree stand-ins. However, you should feel free to make up your own aliens, since you never know how may there are.

Thirdly, "mutants". This world doesn't recognize a distinct race of "mutants". Sometimes people develop superpowers naturally. It happens. Maybe they are discriminated against, maybe they aren't. Up to you.

Gameplay

So, as opposed to most TWI RPs, I'm going to try something new with this RP. Namely, a style more akin to tapletop RPGs, with me acting as DM and playing as the NPCs. This means you guys will be the "main characters", will explain what you want to be doing, how you want to interact with the world, and I will essentially explain to you how the world interacts back, if that makes sense. We ca work together to develop the story, but as opposed to playing a single character, I will be more like "the Editor" of Blackout Comics, helping you guys, the Writers, make the story. But we can discuss that here.

Character Application

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150]CHARACTER NAME HERE[/size][/align]
[floatleft][img]IMAGE%20URL%20OF%20CHARACTER%20HERE,%20IF%20APPLICABLE[/img][colour=white]____[/colour][/floatleft]
[i]First Appearance[/i]: TITLE OF COMIC, ISSUE NUMBER AND DATE OF APPEARANCE
[i]Created by[/i]: CHARACTER'S FIRST ARTIST/WRITER
[i]Alter-ego[/i]: CHARACTER'S SECRET IDENTITY
[i]Powers[/i]:
    [list][list]LIST OF POWERS HERE[/list][/list]

[hr]

BRIEF CHARACTER BIOGRAPHY AND PUBLICATION HISTORY HERE[/box]
Last edited by Atnaia on Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
- Globalist - Humanist - Rationalist - Utilitarian - Centrist -
"Progress makes perfect." - Hegemon Thomas Wessich

Overview Factbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WESTERN ISLES
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:35 am

This looks interesting.
The Western Isles member.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:15 am

Hmm so is this planet based on earth?
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:19 am

I guess you have saved that list of eight DGA students from Athara Magarat profiles somewhere (basically all of them are mutants).

Basically they will be mutants. I even intend to give the gravity-guy a dialogue like "God/Alien/Whatever huh, face the power of humanity." whenever he defeats some godlike or extraterrestrial foe.

I will think of some other "non-mutant" characters as well as villains.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

AtlantisB
Attaché

Founded: Oct 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby AtlantisB » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:21 am

Wellspring sure looks dark, hazy, and scary, the total opposite of the clean, luminous, glorious image becoming a superhero.

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:21 am

Are demons possible?
For Peace and Honor.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:22 am

AtlantisB wrote:Wellspring sure looks dark, hazy, and scary, the total opposite of the clean, luminous, glorious image becoming a superhero.

Gotta be in the Western Isles, bud.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:35 am

I will be a mix of iron man and dead pool.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:55 am

Taziristan wrote:Hmm so is this planet based on earth?

Like with Marvel comics, Blackout Comics writes comics based on Earth. In this particular case, in the Western Isles.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:57 am

AtlantisB wrote:Wellspring sure looks dark, hazy, and scary, the total opposite of the clean, luminous, glorious image becoming a superhero.

Read the quote. Does that strike you as heroic? :P

Keomora wrote:Are demons possible?

Depends. There are demonic entities in the world (several villains reference them specifically the Last Call Family, Mephistopheles, Succubus, etc.) However, greater demonic entities might follow the same rules as gods.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:15 am

Atnaia wrote:

Read the quote. Does that strike you as heroic? :P

Keomora wrote:Are demons possible?

Depends. There are demonic entities in the world (several villains reference them specifically the Last Call Family, Mephistopheles, Succubus, etc.) However, greater demonic entities might follow the same rules as gods.

Are mutated clones allowed?

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:05 am

The Grand Force wrote:
Atnaia wrote:Read the quote. Does that strike you as heroic? :P

Are mutated clones allowed?

I think people misunderstand what I mean by "no mutants". I mean that the concept of a mutant, like the X-Men, a genetically different species of superpowered humans, isn't a concept that exists in the world. Some people are "mutants" in that they are born with powers, but they aren't considered a different race in anyway. Of course mutated clones are fine. I have several examples in the canon already (Powerman is a good villainous example, as is the Altered).

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:48 am

Atnaia wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:Are mutated clones allowed?

I think people misunderstand what I mean by "no mutants". I mean that the concept of a mutant, like the X-Men, a genetically different species of superpowered humans, isn't a concept that exists in the world. Some people are "mutants" in that they are born with powers, but they aren't considered a different race in anyway. Of course mutated clones are fine. I have several examples in the canon already (Powerman is a good villainous example, as is the Altered).

My guy is a clone of a special forces operative genetically enhanced to be stronger and faster than a normal human.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:06 am

Hmm so travel and mention of other nations in TWI is allowed. But I assume this will be focused on port gray
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Paradisiam
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:05 am

Maybe a reptilian like alien who can at times enter the 'god-plain' so he can achieve super powers for a temporary time. His motive is to learn the secrets that the gods offer and to learn their powers by questing for them or otherwise gaining their blessings. Whether it be a symbolic quest of reenacting a gods most defining moment in history to attain his ability.

Besides his lizard like attributes of stealthy agility, he has a repertoire of weapons that use the same sort of fuel to power them.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:47 am

Paradisiam wrote:Maybe a reptilian like alien who can at times enter the 'god-plain' so he can achieve super powers for a temporary time. His motive is to learn the secrets that the gods offer and to learn their powers by questing for them or otherwise gaining their blessings. Whether it be a symbolic quest of reenacting a gods most defining moment in history to attain his ability.

Besides his lizard like attributes of stealthy agility, he has a repertoire of weapons that use the same sort of fuel to power them.

You're running like 18 different ideas together there. Simplify please. You have Alien With Natural Abilities, Technology, God-Blessings...

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:04 am

One thing I really want to do with the shade is have him discover an alien conspiracy and feel the need to act on it, perhaps forcing him to team up with others.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Atnaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atnaia » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:00 am

Taziristan wrote:One thing I really want to do with the shade is have him discover an alien conspiracy and feel the need to act on it, perhaps forcing him to team up with others.

Doable. I'll add it to the plot.

Since I am Game Mastering this one, I am keeping plot elements from you guys so you can discover them through your actions and be surprised.

Overview Factbook
No NS Stats, No Problem

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:55 am

Atnaia wrote:
Taziristan wrote:One thing I really want to do with the shade is have him discover an alien conspiracy and feel the need to act on it, perhaps forcing him to team up with others.

Doable. I'll add it to the plot.

Since I am Game Mastering this one, I am keeping plot elements from you guys so you can discover them through your actions and be surprised.

Awesome.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:46 pm

My person will be doing this purely for selfish reasons he is worried about his own safety and expects payment for saving the world.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:29 pm

The Grand Force wrote:

My person will be doing this purely for selfish reasons he is worried about his own safety and expects payment for saving the world.

Well, he'd probably be a better villain then...
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Taziristan wrote:
The Grand Force wrote:My person will be doing this purely for selfish reasons he is worried about his own safety and expects payment for saving the world.

Well, he'd probably be a better villain then...

He's not hero or villain he's a mercenary.

Paradisiam
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Paradisiam » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Croctopus

[img]IMAGE%20URL%20OF%20CHARACTER%20HERE,%20IF%20APPLICABLE[/img][colour=white]____[/colour]

First Appearance: Monsters Unleashed, issue #12 1984
Created by: Doctor Rick Front
Alter-ego: Chad Beeves
Powers:
      1.Utilizes super strength
      2. Can climb and maneuver on buildings and flat surfaces with his extra limbs
      3.Incredibly smart
      4.Has eight scaly arms and a crocodile like face.

Despite numerous successes in mixing animal genes, his last experiment resulted in him being configured to a to a beast of incredible strength. He has longer and taloned legs, eight arms that posses both sticky attributes and razor sharp claws tucked underneath his scaly skin. But the worst part is his face; it resembles something of a demon which he had never believed existed, a crocodile's snout and teeth. Bewildered by the realization he attempts to find a cure through any means necessary, often times working with villains and criminals to attain the financial means to continie his research and find a remedy. Over the years he has grown alienated and sour at his fellow man and will lash out in violent attacks.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Paradisiam wrote:
Croctopus

([url=IMAGE%20URL%20OF%20CHARACTER%20HERE,%20IF%20APPLICABLE]Image[/url])[colour=white]____[/colour]

First Appearance: Monsters Unleashed, issue #12 1984
Created by: Doctor Rick Front
Alter-ego: Chad Beeves
Powers:
      1.Utilizes super strength
      2. Can climb and maneuver on buildings and flat surfaces with his extra limbs
      3.Incredibly smart
      4.Has eight scaly arms and a crocodile like face.

Despite numerous successes in mixing animal genes, his last experiment resulted in him being configured to a to a beast of incredible strength. He has longer and taloned legs, eight arms that posses both sticky attributes and razor sharp claws tucked underneath his scaly skin. But the worst part is his face; it resembles something of a demon which he had never believed existed, a crocodile's snout and teeth. Bewildered by the realization he attempts to find a cure through any means necessary, often times working with villains and criminals to attain the financial means to continie his research and find a remedy. Over the years he has grown alienated and sour at his fellow man and will lash out in violent attacks.

I like this.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

The Grand Force
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Force » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:34 pm

The Ranger
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/thd ... 0427040932
First appearance: The Old Guard issue #14 1964
Created by: Namcon technology industries
alter ego: Luis Green
Abilities:
1. Super strength and speed.
2. Mastery of any weapon, if you can use it to kill someone he's an expert with it.
3. Master tactician.
4. Expert with technology.
5. Expert mechanic and driver/pilot.

CE1 As was his name in the cloning facility in which he was made was a clone of the legendary special forces operative Luis Green who was killed on a mission. He was implanted with the memories of Green (except any memories of family, friends, anything personal which was locked behind a sort of firewall) and was mutated with special genetic modifications to make him superhuman. During a mission his memories of family became loose when he ran into Green's son, knowing this CE1 deserted and took on green's life until his family was killed by Namcon agents which is when he became somewhat sociopathic and slightly insane. Taking his revenge he dressed in his combat armor broke into the Namcon headquarters and killed the leader of the business as well as destroying the cloning facility and now works as a mercenary for the highest bidder. He often completes the mission then will kill on whoever hired him covering his tracks for this and multiple other offences he is wanted in just about every nation in TWI.
Last edited by The Grand Force on Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates