NATION

PASSWORD

The Way Forward; A GATE RP [OOC] [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Way Forward; A GATE RP [OOC] [OPEN]

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:19 am

- All credit for cover pictures and imagery used by the OP goes to the artist(s), and all affiliated and related parties concerned. Thanks to the late Tri for Op template, rules, base of the app

- This RP is a combination of open-world and scripted story-telling. You will get to design your characters, but you will work closely with me in doing so in order to fill certain plot roles that are necessary to the story. You will also work closely with each other, in order to ensure that all characters behave believably and accordingly to Lore and IC Events. The actions of your characters will dramatically shape the direction of the story, but the creation of plot for this RP is primarily my responsibility: your characters will choose between the options that I make available, just as real people choose between the options that the world offers them.

- This RP's IC mechanics and OP structure draws a lot of inspiration from Reverend Norv's Likely Lads, Nightkill The Emperor's Elven High as well as Swith's OP Creation Guide. Credit to who where its due.

List of Links:

IC
OOC

[url]Faction Archive Thread[/url]

CO-OPs:

Monfrox - Driller of cadets, and kicker of butts

Bentus - Speaker of the woods

The Bare Neccesities

There are some events that just stick in the collective memories of man, no matter who you ask they will remember what they did when the news came, the end of world war two, the terrorist actions on us soil in 2001, and so on. This event is one much like those. We find ourselves in Stockholm, the date is December 24th, 2016 and the world is filled with the good joy of christmas. The clock is about to strike three in the afternoon on this sunny day, a relatively thick layer of snow ever present in the capital of sweden. It was looking to be a good day, no different from any other. But oh, it was. At first reports came into the dispatch center that hooligans dressed up as monsters were attacking random civilians. Then it escalated, a parking house in the outskirts of stockholm proper had detonated, first responders reported over twenty dead outside of the building, and they were under attack by hostile shooting at them with bow and arrow, and swords, in the skies something flew. The nation went into crisis mode. the government evacuated fearing a attack from russia and ordered the military on full alert. Aircraft was scrambled to intercept the presumed helicopters, the Royal guard, still in the ceremonial uniform they wore, together with riot police started to coperate in eliminating the unknown hostiles. Social media was equal as full as ideas as the government, "they were russians attacking", they were terrorists, or they were hooligans with drones having sheets between them. Alas they were all wrong, for the fighting was short, lasting only for a few hours. They were naught russians, hooligans not terrorists. But what looked like orcs from fantasy, the helicopters were not that either, but dragons. What followed was three months of secrecy, everything within a two kilometer radius of the destroyed building was locked down by the military. What looked like a large concrete bunker taking the demolished parking house place. But in early march it was revealed that a unit of soldiers, under UN banner would enter the portal that had brought the orcs and dragons here. The portal having been held as a state secret at the highest level until now.

Who are you in this story, a soldier of earth, sent as a explorer and soldiers. Or maybe a citizen on whatever lies on the other side. How will you shape the history that is being made, for both worlds?
OP is God
  • Obey the OP. My word is Law, Supreme and Final.
  • Obey the CO-OP(s). Their authority is passed only by mine.
  • Respect the ban. Bad things happen to PC's who don’t.
  • Complaints can be sent via TG to the CO-OPs and the OP. A solution will be found and the situation will be handled by us.
  • Follow PT2M Rules & NS site policy. Don't bring the 5-0 down on us.
Don’t Be That Guy
  • Do Not Godmod. Do Not Metagame.
  • Do Not Run My NPC’s.
  • RSVP Before Inactivity. TG Me or a Co-Op before hand and save us all the hassle. Three days absence will leave your characters open to OP/Co-Op control if plot development is required, and will earn you a strike. Five days plus with no explanation will have the player removed from the RP.
  • Etiquette. Be nice, be respectful, be adult, no one has a right to be rude, and don’t let your having fun stop other people from having fun.
When Writing
  • Scribe Quantity with Quality.
  • Length wise, a good 3-4 sentence paragraph satisfies me.
  • One liners are Verboten! Absolutely, expressively, in every way, shape, and form, forbidden.
  • Show some courtesy and pride. Grammar and post proof reading is expected of all players.
Operation Forward Until Dawn; UN Personnel File
*(Fill it out as requested. Do not shift, add, change, or modify the Application format.)*
**(Erase words in parentheses before posting finished app)**

Required Information

Name|Rank|Role:
Björnsson, Wiking|Major (OF 3)|Commander of the first wave of UN troops

Age|Height|Weight:
36|(1.90 m)| (77.38kgs)

Allegiance|:
Sweden

Magic Sensitivity:
Null

D.O.B|Birthplace|Nationality
1980| Falköping Sweden|Swedish

Sex|Gender:
Male|Heterosexual

Appearance Image & Description:

Non-Required Information

Past Occupations, Positions, Roles, Ranks and Achievements: (What are past doings and achievements has your character been a part of?)

Equipment:
  • Default Main Weapon & Specials: AK4
  • Default Sidearm: (Your secondary weapon. Consider your characters class when choosing)
  • Additional Munitions: (Grenades, Explosive's, melee weapons & the like)
  • Uniform Model: (Your characters defaults dress in the field and around town,)
  • Misc. & Other Stuff:(Favorite cigarette brand, record player, personal items, puppies? Whatever you can think of)

Moral Alignment: ( How your character will most likely make a situation work, and how they will react to a situation by trying. Basic DnD alignment grid. While chosen alignment will not rule black and white over choices, it should influence them strongly.)

Biography:(If personality is the lifeblood of your character, this is its heart. A text wall isn't need, but one, two, maybe a few grammatical paragraphs might be nice.)

Personality: (The lifeblood of a character. But since I have faith that one is best created IC'ly, this is optional.)

Likes: (It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

Dislikes:( It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

Theme Song: Hearts of Iron III - Iron Anthem

Leave This In Your App:
By posting this application, I have made a great app, read the OP
Earth Character Application
Code: Select all
[u][b]Operation Forward until Dawn; UN Personnel File[/b][/u]
*(Fill it out as requested. Do not shift, add, change, or modify the Application format.)*

[align=center][b]Required Information[/b][/align]

[b]Name|Rank|Role:[/b]
(The name of your character|The rank requested within UN force, or the rank in the special region|The role your character carries within the UN force or the Special Region.)

[b]Age|Height|Weight:[/b]
(Age restriction of 18 to 60 for earth characters, no limit for Special Region charaters. Height & Weight should match up each other, and compliment Age.)

[b]Allegiance|Character Class:[/b]
(Simple enough)

[b]Magic Sensitivity:[/b]
(Choice of Maxi, Micro or Null, humans from earth are always Null)

[b]D.O.B|Birthplace|Nationality[/b]
(Date of Birth|City, State/Province and Nation born in|Citizenship of particular Nation)

[b]Sex|Sexuality:[/b]
(Male or Female)|(Hetero, Bi, Homosexual ect)

[b]Appearance Image & Description:[/b] [align=center][img](place URL here)[/img][/align]
(Straight forward. Gives you and the other players a way to visualize the character.)

[align=center][u]Non-Required Information[/u][/align]

[b]Past Occupations, Positions, Roles, Ranks and Achievements:[/b] (What are past doings and achievements has your character been a part of?)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (For players who don't like stock class load-outs. What are you packing? Walking around naked and penniless is not an option. All chosen things must exists. If left empty ill assume you carry standard kit of your nation)
[list]
[*]Default Main Weapon & Specials: (Your primary weapon. Never go on patrol without it.)
[*]Default Sidearm: (Your secondary weapon. Consider your characters class when choosing)
[*]Additional Munitions: (Grenades, Explosive's, melee weapons & the like)
[*]Uniform Model: (Your characters defaults dress in the field and around town,)
[*]Misc. & Other Stuff:(Favorite cigarette brand, mp3 player, personal items, puppies? Whatever you can think of)[/list]

[b]Moral Alignment:[/b] ( How your character will most likely make a situation work, and how they will react to a situation by trying. Basic DnD alignment grid. While chosen alignment will not rule black and white over choices, it should influence them strongly.)

[b]Biography:[/b](If personality is the lifeblood of your character, this is its heart. A text wall isn't need, but one, two, maybe a few grammatical paragraphs might be nice.)

[b]Personality:[/b] (The lifeblood of a character. But since I have faith that one is best created IC'ly, this is optional.)

[b]Likes:[/b] (It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

[b]Dislikes:[/b]( It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

[b]Theme Song:[/b] (For those aurally minded, or just dramatic like me, a song is always nice. Gives ambiance and adds atmosphere to your character. Will be added to the Official Soundtrack for use in Gamermaster IC Posts)

[b]Leave This In Your App:[/b]

Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:06 am, edited 12 times in total.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:19 am

Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 19 times in total.
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:20 am

T A G
A
G
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:42 pm

Hullo!
Last edited by Shyluz on Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:00 am

Operation Forward until Dawn; UN Personnel File

Required Information

Name|Rank|Role:
Frances "Franky" Graves|Corporal|Special Reconnaissance/HVT Raids/Personnel Recovery
Age|Height|Weight:
26|6' 0"|165 lb.

Allegiance:
United States of America

Magic Sensitivity:
Null

May 2nd, 1990|Hell, Michigan|United States of America

Sex|Sexuality:
Female| Not your department

Non-Required Information

Past Occupations, Positions, Roles, Ranks and Achievements:
US Army 11B Infantry - 101st Airborne Division
Earned a Purple Heart for shrapnel wounds from an IED

Equipment: Multicam Crye Precision G-3 Combat Uniform w/ Plate Carrier, Ops Core Fast Helmet, NVGs, Binoculars, OD Green Shemagh, M-Pact Multicam Mechanix gloves, AN/PRC-152, Peltor Comtac 3, Bates Tactical Sport Composite Sage Green Boots, Viper Tactical Multicam rucksack w/ MREs, first aid kit, raingear, gas mask and other essentials, pistol belt with two canteens, extra magazine pouches, and sidearm holster, Edge Eyewear Sharp Edge clear glasses
  • Default Main Weapon & Specials: Colt M4A1 SOPMOD II w/ AN/PEQ-15, Aimpoint Comp4 and Aimpoint 3x Magnifier, and Magpul angled foregrip
  • Default Sidearm: Springfield Armory M45A1
  • Additional Munitions: 2x M67 Frag Grenades, 2x M84 Flashbang Grenades, KA-BAR knife
  • Uniform Model: Ranger uniform as listed above
  • Misc. & Other Stuff: Media player, cell phone, rabbit's foot, hostage escape card, Smith and Wesson HRT Boot Knife, Maglite Tactical LED

Moral Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Biography: Frances Graves was born in the mostly rural town of Hell and lived life like one of the boys. Never wanting to be outdone or outmatched; she always was getting into scuffles before, during, and after school with the local schoolyard bullies. Few kids ever went to blows with her again after they learned what was going to happen if they did. More than enough times, she came home with cuts and bruises and had to tell her mom she just liked playing rough during recess. Of course, mothers always knew, but when the problem sorted itself out (even with a little encouraging to the other kid's parents), she went back to the lost cause of trying to bring her daughter up like her.

If just wasn't in the cards. Franky, as she had everyone call her, was too much of a tomboy to do anything but rough-house. Pink wasn't her color, and her father, more than half Cherokee Indian, didn't object too much despite her mother's efforts. Eventually, she learned how to hunt and fish, and soon was taking after her old relatives with her interest in the military. Despite protest from her mother, she decided to not go into college and instead enlisted with the US Army. It was a hard fought battle to get into the infantry, but she felt like she belonged. As part of the 101st, she took after one of her grandfathers. However, it wasn't to last too long, as she went to try out for Ranger School. There was challenges ahead, but she didn't give up.

Franky is now a Corporal with the 75th Ranger Regiment, 1st Ranger Battalion. A skilled warrior with some early tours in Afghanistan. She was selected to be sent in with the UN troops, as the US wasn't too quick to send in Delta, or the Green Berets either. The raiding aspect of the Rangers was a good eye-catcher, and despite being not as skilled as the higher tier operators, they were still Special Forces. They could be trusted more than the average infantryman. She was briefed on the happenings in Sweden, as USSOCOM had activated several units in anticipation of the Russian invasion. Now, the truth needed to be found, and so she volunteered to be sent in. Afterall, what's so bad about going to Sweden?

Personality: Dull like a butter knife, but that's on her outside. Has a sharp tongue and is always quick with a quip when she wants to be. Other than that, very down-to-earth. Still likes to show off a little every now and then.

Dislikes: Also classified

Theme Song: Enjoying Firefights

Leave This In Your App:

Also, for anyone having trouble picking an alignment
Last edited by Monfrox on Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:41 am

Tagging.

Can I throw a Mexican in?
The Flame Dawn wrote:"Alright," said the Doctor who walked to his desk and wrote a few things on a sticky note and handed it back to the boy, "well I'm assuming your doctor has an actual and legally obtained doctorate so here's ya note."

Legato Venari wrote:Don't look at her tits. Don't look at her Tits.

Legato Venari wrote:Mutiny! We shall toss Contamensia to the beasts! Attack! Attack! Kill The nation of Contamensia! Declare War!

Charlia wrote:...I may never sleep again.

This nation is known as the search for that third facking Karma bar.
This Nation is known as the creeping disdain for the lack of a fourth karma bar.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:44 pm

Legato Venari wrote:Tagging.

Can I throw a Mexican in?

Most assuredly, you can app as a solder from any UN nation(if you wish to play as a earthling that is)

Monfrox wrote:

Required Information

Name|Rank|Role:
Frances "Franky" Graves|Corporal|Special Reconnaissance/HVT Raids/Personnel Recovery
Age|Height|Weight:
26|6' 0"|165 lb.

Allegiance:
United States of America

Magic Sensitivity:
Null

May 2nd, 1990|Hell, Michigan|United States of America

Sex|Sexuality:
Female| Not your department

Non-Required Information

US Army 11B Infantry - 101st Airborne Division
Earned a Purple Heart for shrapnel wounds from an IED

Equipment: Multicam Crye Precision G-3 Combat Uniform w/ Plate Carrier, Ops Core Fast Helmet, NVGs, Binoculars, OD Green Shemagh, M-Pact Multicam Mechanix gloves, AN/PRC-152, Peltor Comtac 3, Bates Tactical Sport Composite Sage Green Boots, Viper Tactical Multicam rucksack w/ MREs, first aid kit, raingear, gas mask and other essentials, pistol belt with two canteens, extra magazine pouches, and sidearm holster, Edge Eyewear Sharp Edge clear glasses
  • Default Main Weapon & Specials: Daniel Defense MK 18 Mod 2 w/ AN/PEQ-15, Aimpoint Comp4 and Aimpoint 3x Magnifier, and Magpul angled foregrip
  • Default Sidearm: Springfield Armory M45A1
  • Additional Munitions: 2x M67 Frag Grenades, 2x M84 Flashbang Grenades, KA-BAR knife
  • Uniform Model: Ranger uniform as listed above
  • Misc. & Other Stuff: Media player, cell phone, rabbit's foot, hostage escape card, Smith and Wesson HRT Boot Knife, Maglite Tactical LED

Moral Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Biography: Frances Graves was born in the mostly rural town of Hell and lived life like one of the boys. Never wanting to be outdone or outmatched; she always was getting into scuffles before, during, and after school with the local schoolyard bullies. Few kids ever went to blows with her again after they learned what was going to happen if they did. More than enough times, she came home with cuts and bruises and had to tell her mom she just liked playing rough during recess. Of course, mothers always knew, but when the problem sorted itself out (even with a little encouraging to the other kid's parents), she went back to the lost cause of trying to bring her daughter up like her.

If just wasn't in the cards. Franky, as she had everyone call her, was too much of a tomboy to do anything but rough-house. Pink wasn't her color, and her father, more than half Cherokee Indian, didn't object too much despite her mother's efforts. Eventually, she learned how to hunt and fish, and soon was taking after her old relatives with her interest in the military. Despite protest from her mother, she decided to not go into college and instead enlisted with the US Army. It was a hard fought battle to get into the infantry, but she felt like she belonged. As part of the 101st, she took after one of her grandfathers. However, it wasn't to last too long, as she went to try out for Ranger School. There was challenges ahead, but she didn't give up.

Franky is now a Corporal with the 75th Ranger Regiment, 1st Ranger Battalion. A skilled warrior with some early tours in Afghanistan. She was selected to be sent in with the UN troops, as the US wasn't too quick to send in Delta, or the Green Berets either. The raiding aspect of the Rangers was a good eye-catcher, and despite being not as skilled as the higher tier operators, they were still Special Forces. They could be trusted more than the average infantryman. She was briefed on the happenings in Sweden, as USSOCOM had activated several units in anticipation of the Russian invasion. Now, the truth needed to be found, and so she volunteered to be sent in. Afterall, what's so bad about going to Sweden?

Personality: Dull like a butter knife, but that's on her outside. Has a sharp tongue and is always quick with a quip when she wants to be. Other than that, very down-to-earth. Still likes to show off a little every now and then.

Dislikes: Also classified

Theme Song: Swamp War Stomp

Leave This In Your App:

Also, for anyone having trouble picking an alignment

Accepted, welcome to the team, ill have a archive up shortly

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:23 am

I noticed that in the applications section, it says "earth character application". It implies to me that there is meant to be more than one (both implied by the plural of "applications," and the distinction of the char app being for earth). I'm guessing not, eh? :p
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Legato Venari
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Legato Venari » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:14 am

Nea Videssos wrote:I noticed that in the applications section, it says "earth character application". It implies to me that there is meant to be more than one (both implied by the plural of "applications," and the distinction of the char app being for earth). I'm guessing not, eh? :p

VIDESSOS!!!!!!

Long time no see!
The Flame Dawn wrote:"Alright," said the Doctor who walked to his desk and wrote a few things on a sticky note and handed it back to the boy, "well I'm assuming your doctor has an actual and legally obtained doctorate so here's ya note."

Legato Venari wrote:Don't look at her tits. Don't look at her Tits.

Legato Venari wrote:Mutiny! We shall toss Contamensia to the beasts! Attack! Attack! Kill The nation of Contamensia! Declare War!

Charlia wrote:...I may never sleep again.

This nation is known as the search for that third facking Karma bar.
This Nation is known as the creeping disdain for the lack of a fourth karma bar.

The Clockwork Cities
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Clockwork Cities » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:12 am

I'm curious on the whole human thing.

Will we only have UN forces or will we see other stuff, like some kind of corporate superpower who gets involved for their own reasons?

If not I have an idea for a human character, I was just curious that was all.
"If those who seek to prevent out glorious quest mobilise, they will have to endure the trials we did! There sanity will break before they can harm us! Their blood will paint the white snow a crimson taint! We safe here! In this land, where tyrants cannot touch!" - The First Overseer

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:I noticed that in the applications section, it says "earth character application". It implies to me that there is meant to be more than one (both implied by the plural of "applications," and the distinction of the char app being for earth). I'm guessing not, eh? :p

that was the plan to start with, but i combined them into one, cus im kinda lazy

The Clockwork Cities wrote:I'm curious on the whole human thing.

Will we only have UN forces or will we see other stuff, like some kind of corporate superpower who gets involved for their own reasons?

for earth characters you can only play as soldier from a UN nation

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:06 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:

that was the plan to start with, but i combined them into one, cus im kinda lazy

Only UN?

That sort of takes my idea of a Transnistrian mercenary out.

I'll think about something else.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

The Clockwork Cities
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Clockwork Cities » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:36 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:

I may create a none earth character then.

Is there a separate app for them?
"If those who seek to prevent out glorious quest mobilise, they will have to endure the trials we did! There sanity will break before they can harm us! Their blood will paint the white snow a crimson taint! We safe here! In this land, where tyrants cannot touch!" - The First Overseer

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:20 pm

The Clockwork Cities wrote:
The Tophat Empire wrote:

I may create a none earth character then.

Is there a separate app for them?

Nope, you just fill out the same as before, but list in the role that you are not from earth, and what role you have in the special region

New Aeyariss
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby New Aeyariss » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Would it be possible for me to play role of main antagonist in this RP? My character would be the leader of a large PMC that although contracted by the UN, has it's own dark goals in this world, and hates all non-human inhabitants...

Of course this faction would be playable and I would kindly invite other players to join me.
Last edited by New Aeyariss on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rping in MT (2023) and PT/FanT (1564)

Inyourfaceistan wrote:You didn't know that Cusc is actually a 4-armed cyborg genius commander and skillful warrior created in secret by a cabal of rich capitalist financiers built to lead and army of drones and other renegades against and overbearing socialist regime?
Psalms 144:1 wrote:Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
Also known as El Cuscatlan, Jesus will offer you eternal life if you believe in him!

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:21 pm

New Aeyariss wrote:Would it be possible for me to play role of main antagonist in this RP? My character would be the leader of a large PMC that although contracted by the UN, has it's own dark goals in this world, and hates all non-human inhabitants...

Of course this faction would be playable and I would kindly invite other players to join me.

I doubt the UN would even think of contracting PMCs to get in there. They'd have to do some really sketchy, shifty shit to get in there, and even moreso since it's going to be on lockdown in Sweden.

Maybe it'd be better to try a fantasy world antagonist.
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:29 pm

I do hope you don't plan on making battles as one-sided as in the GATE canon.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:54 pm

Rupudska wrote:I do hope you don't plan on making battles as one-sided as in the GATE canon.

Hopefully by instead of sending out entire battalion to do shit, we can just do a small squad from a Forward Operating Base.

Achievement

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Monfrox wrote:
Rupudska wrote:I do hope you don't plan on making battles as one-sided as in the GATE canon.

Hopefully by instead of sending out entire battalion to do shit, we can just do a small squad from a Forward Operating Base.

You can easily have a full battalion and still keep it balanced. After all, you have magics on the GATE side's side.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:06 pm

Reserved for app.

Monfrox
Post Czar

Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 pm

Rupudska wrote:
Monfrox wrote:Hopefully by instead of sending out entire battalion to do shit, we can just do a small squad from a Forward Operating Base.

You can easily have a full battalion and still keep it balanced. After all, you have magics on the GATE side's side.

That's true. Also, go grab that fuzzball. Or should I?

Achievement

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:10 pm

The one anime I actually watched. And the manga. Tag.
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:57 pm

*sigh*
Because free time has always been something I don't let myself have...

Required Information

Name|Rank|Role:
Raab Manuaina|’Marchionissa’|Minor noble in dark-elf society

Age|Height|Weight:
47 years|193 cm (6’4”)|54.5 kg (120 lbs)

Allegiance|Character Class:
Herself, Dark-Elves|

Magic Sensitivity:
Maxi

July 31st, 1959|Grunwald Mines, not-Earth|N/A (Dark-elf?)

Sex|Sexuality:
Female|Dunnow-at-this-point-exual

Appearance Image & Description: Ripping off the DnD ripoff that GATE ripped off. Ripoff-ception!

Non-Required Information

Past Occupations, Positions, Roles, Ranks and Achievements: Extremely young by dark-elf standards, Raab has few achievements to her name and has only recently (IE ten years ago) ascended to what was her mother’s position as ‘Marchionissa’. As a dark-elf who voluntarily lives outside of the mines and caves most others call home she is slightly avoided by the rest of her kind, and an object of some slight derision among higher nobility. Her sole ‘accomplishment’ would be an indirect role in sending a few orcs to Stockholm, and that can likely not be labeled as an ‘accomplishment’ of any positivity.

Equipment:
  • Default Main Weapon & Specials: Rapier & swordbreaker
  • Default Sidearm: None
  • Additional Munitions: Miscellaneous Magic
  • Uniform Model: N/A
  • Misc. & Other Stuff:

Moral Alignment: 'Chaotic Evil/Neutral' - "Morals? Morals are a luxury that I am not prosperous enough to indulge in. A lord, comfortable in his estate in the Imperial City may be prosperous enough to overlook some of his servant and slave's failings or forgive a slight in order to feel as if they occupy some kind of moral high ground, but I cannot. Just as my Clan inside the warrens could not. The only way to survive in this world is to exploit-exploit-exploit and take whatever advantage is offered when it is offered.

Biography: “I was conceived and born in the darkness of the caves of the Grunwald Mountains where my people have been corralled for hundreds of years by the Humans and tree-lovers.

My parents assumed a frontier-March on the slopes outside those warren-systems six months after I was born to escape a death sentence for being so incompetent as to get caught stealing from the Priest’s largesse to feed me. They were never convinced they had chosen correctly in electing to be banished to the March. I am. Of course, if they were here they’d probably dismiss my surety as something that only matters because of my selfish desire to live.

But what they believed does not matter, does it? They were the ones inept enough to get caught.

My mother’s predecessor in the position of Marchionissa had been judged as redeemed by the priests, and by extension so were his vassals. We began with nothing. That situation grew slightly better as time passed and more vassals were sent to us to serve out sentences for their crimes, but we still had to raid humans and our forest-dwelling ‘cousins’ to acquire what we needed to survive. I believe I began participating in those raids when I was…Ten? Maybe twelve?

My parents wanted me dead, of course, so I kept getting sent. If I died they would be pardoned, and having the humans or the treehuggers kill me was a much better solution than doing it themselves. Humans always do like to pin all their troubles on one person—it undoubtedly makes them feel more accomplished when they manage to catch and punish that person. And the treehuggers are so naïve they’d think killing me would be the end of all the evil that befell them. Lucky me, however, I never got caught.

I did start employing the use of a food-taster after I survived my first dozen raids, however. I believe I went through seven of them. Eight if you count the horse I first used for that purpose when I was too young to realize how valuable such a creature actually was. My parents did love their cliché methods of attempted assassination. Poison was a favorite of theirs for some reason. I never figured that one out. I only ever fought off one assassin, and he was such a bumbling incompetent I half-suspect he volunteered just so he could die.

My parent’s had a reputation as players of the long-game, however. There were plenty of stories among our vassals of their maneuverings in their days before my birth to achieve status and wealth in the warrens. I was at a disadvantage merely because of my lack of experience, and was left with few very good options for dealing with the situation.

So I eliminated the situation entirely and assumed the role of Marchionissa.

Admittedly, not an elegant solution. But the elegant solutions of the warrens are not always well-suited to life on the surface, I have found. And as I have demonstrated to my late parents. Nor do they always serve well when dealing with Humans or the tree-lovers—they can’t be counted on to even recognize a trap when they see one so attempting the double and triple-layered subtlety of the warrens is recipe only for failure and humiliation. I have learned my lessons well in raiding these humans. It would do well for those who still confine themselves inside the Grunwald Mountains to follow my example.

Because if they do not, they will die. By humanity’s hand or, perhaps, by mine. ‘Spare the rod, spoil the child’ as the human saying goes."

Personality: …(see above)

Dislikes: 'Treehugging' elves, overly-subtle activities,

Theme Song: What do you means it’s not symbolic?

Leave This In Your App:
Last edited by Occupied Deutschland on Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Democratic East-Asia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Democratic East-Asia » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:03 pm

New Aeyariss wrote:Would it be possible for me to play role of main antagonist in this RP? My character would be the leader of a large PMC that although contracted by the UN, has it's own dark goals in this world, and hates all non-human inhabitants...

I'm listening...
Revolutionary Communist State set in Asia. PMT.
NS stats are not used.
Actively funding left-wing "terrorist" organizations since its founding.

Pan Asia Broadcasting Channel: "We will achieve communism in 20 years." - Chairman Wei Yenwu, Central Government | Automation of industries threatens millions of jobs, says economic advisors

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:24 pm

Required Information

Name|Rank|Role: Traugott, Wilkin A. | Korporal (Kpl.) | Communications/Radio Specialist

Age|Height|Weight: 24

Allegiance: UN

Magic Sensitivity: Null

D.O.B|Birthplace|Nationality October 31st, 1992 | Zürich | Swiss-Estonian

Sex|Sexuality: Male | Heterosexual (Presumably)

Non-Required Information

Masters in Linguistics,
Passed pre-Medical School, but didn't pursue the career.
Served in the Gebirgsschützen Battalion 6 as a communications specialist,
Hand-picked for the UN Peacekeeper Service due to linguistic expertise,
Then once-again selected for the 1st SRC for the same reason.

Equipment:
  • Default Main Weapon & Specials: Sturmgewehr 90 assault rifle
  • Default Sidearm: Pistole 75, a.k.a SIG Sauer P220
  • Additional Munitions: Soldatenmesser 08 knife, HG 85 hand grenade x 2
  • Uniform Model: TAZ 90 BDU, UN Blue Helmet.
  • Misc. & Other Stuff: .
Carries a radio pack and is fluent in numerous languages, and has a bit of medical expertise to boot. Custom-made UN-Blue garrison cap with a Swiss cross pin. He wears this off-base, and in towns.

Moral Alignment: True Neutral

Biography: Mr. Traugott was born to a Swiss father and an Estonian mother in the city of Zurich, Switzerland. Due to this, he quickly became adept at both languages and from there pursued a path which fortified this bilingualism, scoring average grades in everything but anatomy classes and language classes, in both of which he scored near-perfectly. He quickly passed through his school years and decided to become a doctor. Following this decision, he left for a pre-Medical school. Unfortunately, during this time both of his parents passed away. Because of this, and knowing that he had no-way to now get into Med school and support his young sister, he quickly entered the Swiss military for the benefits it would afford her. During this time, he attended a number of linguistics courses at a prestigious university and obtained a Master's in Linguistics. Due to this, he was sent overseas and inducted into the UN Peacekeepers, where he served for several more years before finally being selected for the SRC.

Personality: Traugott is best described as an "observer," as he consistently speaks only after careful observation and consideration of the situation at hand. Due to this, he can be seen as a quiet, isolated person though he's in fact, rather sociable. He has a strange aura of coldness, only broken by his occassional yawn and the dark circles beneath his eyes. It is widely believed he is an insomniac, and those rumors have not been disproven. It also may be an effect of his crippling coffee addiction.

Likes: (It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

Dislikes:( It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

Theme Song: (For those aurally minded, or just dramatic like me, a song is always nice. Gives ambiance and adds atmosphere to your character. Will be added to the After World Official Soundtrack for use in Gamermaster IC Posts)

Leave This In Your App:
Last edited by Shyluz on Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse