NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread The Fourth

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What country would you most like to see overthrown by military coup?

U.S.A.
15%
Germany
10%
France
2%
Russia
13%
China
11%
Turkey
15%
Saudi Arabia
19%
Iran
9%
The Philippines
7%

Total votes : 227

Germanic Templars
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Germanic Templars » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:03 pm

So here is a question: If capitalism is more private ownership fueled to make a profit, and profit is made off of supply and demand, then does that mean the business listens to the people? As in, like, make money off people want?

• INTP
  • All American Patriotic Constitutionalist/Classic libertarian (with fiscal conservatism)
  • Religiously Tolerant
  • Roman Catholic
  • Hoplophilic/ammosexual
  • X=3.13, Y=2.41
  • Supports the Blue

I support Capitalism do you? If so, put this in your sig.

XY = Male, XX = Female

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:I can sort of relate to what Benuty says.

I went pretty full Reactionary.

Although that had more to do with going to a new Mosque and finding another Sheikh and making new friends there. Also with reading various things over Ramadan that swayed my position at that time.

I'm glad that you embraced monarchism.

Haha. I'm glad too. Barakah (continuity of spiritual presence) does not flow from below. And Monarchic structures I think are the best bet to preserve a heritage without resulting to anything hateful.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

Dushan
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dushan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Old Tyrannia wrote:I'm glad that you embraced monarchism.

Haha. I'm glad too. Barakah (continuity of spiritual presence) does not flow from below. And Monarchic structures I think are the best bet to preserve a heritage without resulting to anything hateful.

Would you say that this spritual presence can also be passed on to other People through Books and by extension the Internet?
Martial Nation on a far distant world with SciFi and Fantasy elements.

Factbook
This Nation does not use NS stats. When RPing with nation of different TL, we adapt to it.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Dushan wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Haha. I'm glad too. Barakah (continuity of spiritual presence) does not flow from below. And Monarchic structures I think are the best bet to preserve a heritage without resulting to anything hateful.

Would you say that this spritual presence can also be passed on to other People through Books and by extension the Internet?

Ehhh. Books are good. But you do need a personal spiritual guide as well. That's kind of the point of Sufism.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:15 pm

Old Tyrannia wrote:
Benuty wrote:I think I am becoming more radicalized the longer I spend time here.

Really? I feel like I've become more liberal and centrist as a result of posting here, as if in horrified recoil.

Being in this place has shown me just what kind of garbage modern liberalism is. Just look at the kind of degeneracy developed as legitimate authorities ceded or were stripped of power in favour of people not competent to wield it.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Unnamed island state
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamed island state » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Dushan wrote:

Ehhh. Books are good. But you do need a personal spiritual guide as well. That's kind of the point of Sufism.

Is that why it's losing to Saudi Islam?
Free Bread.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:29 pm

Unnamed island state wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Ehhh. Books are good. But you do need a personal spiritual guide as well. That's kind of the point of Sufism.

Is that why it's losing to Saudi Islam?

Maybe. I wouldn't say losing just to that but to Modernism, even within Sufism.

I don't understand what people see in Puritanism. It's disgusting. (I actually do know the causes behind it. But I just don't understand why on a personal level)

Rebelling against Traditional Authority by Personal Itjihad, I understand. But I don't understand why Muslims would just go
"Ey, Akhi, lets make new Clerical Authorities instead of these weird head-in-the-cloud mystics"
"Oh, like really liberal ones that let me do whatever I want?"
"What?...No! Ones that are so much more strict and get involved in every aspect of my life for me! Get my fuckin' balls in a vice. Make me squeal. Know what I mean bro?!"
"Brother...Why would you want that?"
"Muh literalism faggot."
"...This sounds like that Protestantism thing the Christians tried, bro"
"SHUT UP THIS IS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!"
*CHOP*

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Nusaresa
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Nusaresa wrote:>tfw this reeks of standard western feminism non-liberation

Honestly when someone says egalitarian for gender etc etc they're shunting themselves as feminists regardless of how much they kick and scream. Of course there are actual 'antis' and they also make a nice proportion of this godforsaken planet.

If Humanity could fight God, gods, angels, and demons... should they? What say ye RWDT.

...Huh.

I think if we had that power we should fight demons and be able to serve God better. But We would never be able to fight God, astaghfirullah.

I'd be much more willing to fight against God and demons come what may. If the whole duality of good and evil started with such divine beings, wiping them out for a clean slate would be a form of liberation from the war of such 'good' and 'evil' forces.
Germanic Templars wrote:So here is a question: If capitalism is more private ownership fueled to make a profit, and profit is made off of supply and demand, then does that mean the business listens to the people? As in, like, make money off people want?

It listens to consumers and other forces of demand.
Old Tyrannia wrote:
Benuty wrote:I think I am becoming more radicalized the longer I spend time here.

Really? I feel like I've become more liberal and centrist as a result of posting here, as if in horrified recoil.

I feel myself being pulled back into neoliberal hawk mode out of sheer spite and disdain.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Unnamed island state wrote:Is that why it's losing to Saudi Islam?

I don't understand what people see in Puritanism. It's disgusting. (I actually do know the causes behind it. But I just don't understand why on a personal level)

Rebelling against Traditional Authority by Personal Itjihad, I understand. But I don't understand why Muslims would just go
"Ey, Akhi, lets make new Clerical Authorities instead of these weird head-in-the-cloud mystics"
"What?...No! Ones that are so much more strict and get involved in every aspect of my life for me! Get my fuckin' balls in a vice. Make me squeal. Know what I mean bro?!"
"Muh literalism faggot."
*CHOP*

Modernist Islam is still leagues better than Salafi nutwhackers.

I'd dare say that Sufism, while great, is not palatable for everyone. Especially considering the conditions of this world.
Last edited by Nusaresa on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

confirmed yandere bishounen
Climate Change needs to stop being a partisan issue

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Unnamed island state wrote:Is that why it's losing to Saudi Islam?

"Muh literalism faggot."
*CHOP*

Speaking of scriptural literalism and Protestants... How is it that, among certain subsets thereof, Genesis is Totally Factual and Not Up for Any Debate Whatsoever™, but yet this is My body and this is My blood in Matthew 26, Mark 14, and Luke 22 are Just a Figure of Speech™?
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Germanic Templars wrote:Joch has point. Besides fighting God is like the Nordic mythology and the gods in the final battle.
The gods and all those who went to Valhalla lose in the end to the ice trolls

The jotnar don't fair too well either. Jormungandr and Thor defeat one another, Freyr and Surt defeat one another, Loki and Heimdallr defeat one another, Fenrir kills Odin but gets his jaw ripped off by Vidarr...

Your allusion only makes sense if we count the Aesir's losses in a vacuum. Considering Vidarr, Vali and a few other Gods survive while basically all the Giants are dead (except Hel, who doesn't do anything cool), I'd say the Aesir could claim a pyrrhic victory.

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Geilinor wrote:Join the centrist side, we have cookies. :p

>centrist side
You're the middle, you don't get a side.

Haven't you heard? They get one side of the horseshoe, and the rest of us get the two ends of the horseshoe right next to each other!
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

Nusaresa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:40 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Maybe. I wouldn't say losing just to that but to Modernism, even within Sufism.
"Muh literalism faggot."
*CHOP*

Speaking of scriptural literalism and Protestants... How is it that, among certain subsets thereof, Genesis is Totally Factual and Not Up for Any Debate Whatsoever™, but yet this is My body and this is My blood in Matthew 26, Mark 14, and Luke 22 are Just a Figure of Speech™?

r/badtheology that's why *nod*
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:45 pm

Nusaresa wrote:Modernist Islam is still leagues better than Salafi nutwhackers.

Yeah. I'd argue Salafism is Modernist by definition. But the Islamic Modernist school of thought, while I don't agree with it, *nervously hides copy of Iqbal's Reconstruction of Religious Thought in drawer* is usually better than them by leagues. Still absolutely counterproductive of them to advocate radical reform to the Hadith and even Qur'an and bringing back Mu'tazilism.

And they're absolutely responsible for Salafism.

Nusaresa wrote:I'd dare say that Sufism, while great, is not palatable for everyone. Especially considering the conditions of this world.

Maybe not. But people need it.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:45 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:Speaking of scriptural literalism and Protestants... How is it that, among certain subsets thereof, Genesis is Totally Factual and Not Up for Any Debate Whatsoever™, but yet this is My body and this is My blood in Matthew 26, Mark 14, and Luke 22 are Just a Figure of Speech™?

Because evangelicals make their theology based on what they think is or is not weird.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
The Princes of the Universe wrote:Speaking of scriptural literalism and Protestants... How is it that, among certain subsets thereof, Genesis is Totally Factual and Not Up for Any Debate Whatsoever™, but yet this is My body and this is My blood in Matthew 26, Mark 14, and Luke 22 are Just a Figure of Speech™?

Because evangelicals make their theology based on what they think is or is not weird.

For example. Gays, to evangelicals, are weird. Therefor, they advocate and point out theology against gays and the LGBT Community, because they're "weird" / "different".

I've even heard some evangelicals claim that we should obey some passage in the Bible that supposedly advocates the stoning of gays and the like.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:48 pm

The New Sea Territory wrote:Haven't you heard? They get one side of the horseshoe, and the rest of us get the two ends of the horseshoe right next to each other!

Anarchists are the worst Leftists.

*Instinctively cringes in preparation for a wall of text from Prus*

Worse than Maoists.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Aelex
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelex » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Benuty wrote:
The English are the face of mercy so yes it would be insulting to compare our godly nature to you French.

If your nature was inspired by Gods, it must have been by cruel albeit really humourous chaos deities. :p
Citoyen Français. Bonapartiste Républicain (aka De Gaule's Gaullisme) with Keynesian leanings on economics. Latin Christian.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:Anarchists are the worst Leftists.

Worse than Maoists.

As an anti-anarchist, may I remind you that anarchists just fuck up when they win and make small-scale mob rule societies, whereas when Maoists win they make Stalinism on steroids?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:50 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Because evangelicals make their theology based on what they think is or is not weird.

For example. Gays, to evangelicals, are weird. Therefor, they advocate and point out theology against gays and the LGBT Community, because they're "weird" / "different".

I've even heard some evangelicals claim that we should obey some passage in the Bible that supposedly advocates the stoning of gays and the like.

Oh. Yeah theres a disturbing amount of people like that among Evangelicals. They've mostly faded though.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:52 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Anarchists are the worst Leftists.

Worse than Maoists.

As an anti-anarchist, may I remind you that anarchists just fuck up when they win and make small-scale mob rule societies, whereas when Maoists win they make Stalinism on steroids?

Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:52 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Oh. Yeah theres a disturbing amount of people like that among Evangelicals. They've mostly faded though.

Any amount that is above zero that advocates the stoning of LGBT people is a disturbing amount.

Nusaresa
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Nusaresa wrote:Modernist Islam is still leagues better than Salafi nutwhackers.

Yeah. I'd argue Salafism is Modernist by definition. But the Islamic Modernist school of thought, while I don't agree with it, *nervously hides copy of Iqbal's Reconstruction of Religious Thought in drawer* is usually better than them by leagues. Still absolutely counterproductive of them to advocate radical reform to the Hadith and even Qur'an and bringing back Mu'tazilism.

And they're absolutely responsible for Salafism.

Nusaresa wrote:I'd dare say that Sufism, while great, is not palatable for everyone. Especially considering the conditions of this world.

Maybe not. But people need it.

True. But it's a necessary method to take in more 'modernist' societies that lack a desire to go to spiritual roots or are more acquainted with such a form of Islam.

I see modernism as a filter. It catches extremists easily in a weird way.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:As an anti-anarchist, may I remind you that anarchists just fuck up when they win and make small-scale mob rule societies, whereas when Maoists win they make Stalinism on steroids?

Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

I'm sigging this.
Last edited by Nusaresa on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Republic of Nusaresa

Nusaresa welcomes you.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Also more likely to result in death, considering the incompetence of Antifas.

1 Child Soldier = 5 Antifas
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:54 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Oh. Yeah theres a disturbing amount of people like that among Evangelicals. They've mostly faded though.

Any amount that is above zero that advocates the stoning of LGBT people is a disturbing amount.

There are even more among Muslims, sadly.

Probably very close to half.

Which goes for Muslim fundamentalists in the World Muslim community in general.
Last edited by Jochizyd Republic on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just Call Me Joch.
See Space, You Cowboy

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:54 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Because evangelicals make their theology based on what they think is or is not weird.

>tfw Evangelicals don't know even basic Church history, so they don't realize that you're not supposed to do the whole Mosaic law thing anymore
The death penalty is pretty much condemned by Christ specifically. We can use plenty of ways of admonishing people without killing them.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:57 pm

No longer relevant.
Last edited by Khadgar on Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General