NATION

PASSWORD

The Pub: Highway to the Flavor Zone (P2TM RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

How many RPs are you Involved in?

One
32%
Two
14%
Three
18%
Four
8%
Five
6%
Six +
22%

Total votes : 50

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:37 am

SaintB wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:So i may make a ft rpg based loosely of the game Star Trader for Android, i will take influence from the char creation and add some of my own things.

Star Trader is fun but good luck with that.

Well i was going to have facations and a similar class and stat system, but it is still a very very rough idea at this point.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:46 am

Ubaria wrote:I may be interested.
Also, Im still pitching my own idea of a character based RP about the South American Coke trade in the 80/90's, taking place in a fictional nation where the characters are part of the various factions such as the DEA, CIA, Local Police, military, various cartels, communist guerrillas and so on.

Heavily based on Narcos if anyone was wondering.

Perhaps.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:54 am

Cheers mates.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:54 pm

I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Ubaria wrote:I may be interested.
Also, Im still pitching my own idea of a character based RP about the South American Coke trade in the 80/90's, taking place in a fictional nation where the characters are part of the various factions such as the DEA, CIA, Local Police, military, various cartels, communist guerrillas and so on.

Heavily based on Narcos if anyone was wondering.

I'm in.

Hells yeah.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:32 pm

Tayner wrote:
(Image)
The Fall of Europe (Still taking suggestins)

Nobody knew where it came from, they didn't have time to figure out. One day, dead people simply just got up and started eating people. Nobody knows where it started, but rumors have it starting everywhere from Chicago to Berlin.

But that doesn't matter now.

At first, it was just some news story in a place far away, but after a few days, you became that news story. After about a month of it, it became some real Walking Dead shit. Governments fell, people were in chaos, but after years of fighting, enough of the undead were killed to allow large nations to rebuild.

But it wasn't the same as before the apocalypse. The superpowers from before didn't have the resources to rebuild. Small nations sprung up in the shell of former superpowers. And people began to rebuild. Small armies cleared out the undead from once overrun cities, and small nations once arose from the ashes. Humanitie's stubbornness has prevailed once again.

And so, you will lead your nation to great power. You can reclaim what those before had left you, or build anew. The world is ripe for the taking.

Long story short, the zombie apocalypse destroyed most of what we knew. Whole nations fell, but two decades after the end of the world, nations sprung up to rebuild. Some trying to rebuild what they once knew as our civilization, others building to spread their skewed ideology, this is the new world.

Rules:
1) Any city that has a population of 10 million (like New York for example) is completely overrun.
2) NS Rules still apply, even in the fifth dimension.
3) No godmoding, metagaming, etc
4) Don't be a dick
5) Have fun or face extermination.
6) Nations in Western Europe only for plot reasons.

Mapmaker needed

Code: Select all
Nation Name:
Country Name:
Territory:
Government style:
Population:
Military size:
RP example:
1738 (Do not remove)

The Pub

Cleaned it up some, any ideas or constructive criticisms?

I got you fam. I'll ready up my maps.

How's this?
Last edited by Deramen on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Tayner wrote:
(Image)

Nobody knew where it came from, they didn't have time to figure out. One day, dead people simply just got up and started eating people. Nobody knows where it started, but rumors have it starting everywhere from Chicago to Berlin.

At first, it was just some news story in a place far away, but after a few days, you became that news story. After about a month of it, it became some real Walking Dead shit. Governments fell, people were in chaos, but after years of fighting, enough of the undead were killed to allow large nations to rebuild.

But it wasn't the same as before the apocalypse. The superpowers from before didn't have the resources to rebuild. Small nations sprung up in the shell of former superpowers. And people began to rebuild. Small armies cleared out the undead from once overrun cities, and small nations once arose from the ashes. Humanitie's stubbornness has prevailed once again.

And so, you will lead your nation to great power. You can reclaim what those before had left you, or build anew. The world is ripe for the taking.

Long story short, the zombie apocalypse destroyed most of what we knew. Whole nations fell, but two decades after the end of the world, nations sprung up to rebuild. Some trying to rebuild what they once knew as our civilization, others building to spread their skewed ideology, this is the new world.

Rules:
1) Any city that has a population of 10 million (like New York for example) is completely overrun.
4) Don't be a dick

Mapmaker needed

Nation Name:
Country Name:
Territory:
Government style:
Population:
Military size:
RP example:
1738 (Do not remove)

The Pub

This is interesting, I like it.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Deramen wrote:
Tayner wrote:
(Image)

Rules:
4) Don't be a dick

Mapmaker needed

Nation Name:
Country Name:
Territory:
Government style:
Population:
Military size:
RP example:
1738 (Do not remove)

The Pub

I got you fam. I'll ready up my maps.

How's this?

So how exactly do we find the countries?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 pm

I'm working on a character RP and I'm coming up with a skill system. Can I run it by you guys later?
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:01 pm

Vacif wrote:
Deramen wrote:I got you fam. I'll ready up my maps.

How's this?

So how exactly do we find the countries?

Well each nation would have a color associated with it in an ideal world.
Last edited by Deramen on Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Benuty wrote:I probably should have specified I had to look it up to see what you were using, and because of that it came out in one big jumbling mess. Or it could be because I have worked all day, and am incredibly tired.

Eh, happens to all of us. I forgot that in front of the spoiler tags is a floatleft tag as well.

Another question if I might how did you get all that information condensed into one table? I was trying to figure that out, but have finally given up trying to.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:06 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:I'm working on a character RP and I'm coming up with a skill system. Can I run it by you guys later?

Did you get my tg response?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:I'm working on a character RP and I'm coming up with a skill system. Can I run it by you guys later?

Yeah, but later I hope to post my actual draft.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:29 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Yeah, but later I hope to post my actual draft.

What is the gist of the skill system?

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:43 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Yeah, but later I hope to post my actual draft.

No clue.

I'm looking through a few prototypes and I'm trying to figure out which aspects I like the most.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Update 4?

To,

Whoever is left when this plague is over,

I suppose you will need a little history lesson on how this all fell down. Assuming this letter even survives the cleansing of the apocalypse that we unwittingly fastened.

12/7/2011

They used to call this place America the beautiful, but it hasn't been like that since 1978 no not at all. I was born shortly after the atomic exchange of 1978 or the "War of December 7th" as many call it. Regardless over a billion people would die if not from the atomic or hydrogen bombs then from the radiation poisoning, accidents, the chaos, and other events. The official reports from the United Nations say that the Soviet Union on a false alarm accidentally dispatched some bombers over to what was once New York City. Unfortunately do to protocol they couldn't pull back in time, and as a result on a relatively warm December day as my dad says it was. 5 hydrogen bombs were dropped onto New York City, and the destruction was so violent it caused most of the city while on fire to sink into the ocean save for parts of Manhattan.

President Nixon having won a third term in office seemed to take the U.S into a bright new future in many regards. Yet that wouldn't be so upon hearing of the bombers heading over to New York the most essential of the government fled to the newly built Omega City of Columbia, Missouri. The omega cities were built as domed self sufficient cities to serve as the last strongholds of mankind once a major apocalyptic event occurred, and to the government this seemed the trigger for it.

Things didn't work out the way they thought it would go. Instead a phone line was opened up to Moscow, and a deal of "limited destruction" was assured or so they told us. Moscow was the first to go along with cities all across the world selected by a lottery system. The European Federation the worlds third biggest superpower was less than pleased, but they had no real say to oppose the deal as both the U.S, and the Soviets would not have someone unscathed coming out on top. To everyone's credit though it didn't result in the complete annihilation of the human species.

The human species rebuilt, and the U.S essentially created half a months of rituals to commemorate the loss, and death of the "War of December 7th". The U.S, and other governments enforced a decree that their citizens each had to repopulate, and those who did would be rewarded as long as the children were healthy. Throughout the eighties people began to get over the war, rebuild many of the cities that could be rebuilt, and our colonies in the Moon, Mars, and various space stations were finally reconnected with after years of foreboding silence. The biggest achievement at the time was the construction of New Manhattan which built an artificial island uniting the remains of old Manhattan, and created a self sufficient city.

The biggest event for us here in the states was the democratic president Ronald Reagan during the 1980s trying to dismantle the apartheid type system we had put in place since the so called Integrationist Crisis in the South was forcefully ended under Eisenhower by military involvement, and martial law. Blacks had been forced into walled off ghettos called "Autonomous Districts", forced to carry passbooks everywhere, and stripped of their citizenship (except for a few thousand deemed necessary to the state). Effectively making these autonomous districts little nations in themselves with councils, and everything except mediocrity, and substandardness was the expectation.

For this effort Reagan got a bullet in the head by an unknown Assassin, and the presidents since the 1990s have completely rebuilt that system, and done even more to ensure the misery of the inhabitants. Racial hygiene laws were put into place as well as laws expressly limiting the careers of women (unless you had enough money that is). Homosexuality, and other so called "problems" which had been looked the other way were officially crimes again. The government enforced a "quasi passport" system for its own citizens who wanted to travel state to state, and made quotas for immigrants coming into the country even stricter.

America the ugly, we like to call our nation beautiful, but it hasn't been that way in a long time. The ever expanding control of the presidency which would go onto basically reduce the other branches into rubber stamps, and use the ever expanding military as its own personal shock force hasn't been completely unnoticed by the people. Yet many are complacent not wanting to lose their state sanctioned apartments, houses in white picket fence suburbs, or funding for the new corporate planned cities. Complacent with dictatorship while food is rationed as long as they have their fancy black, and white televisions, new applications, fashions of the seasons, humanoid robotic servants, and cushy benefits provided by the government they could care less.

America the starving, we like to think of ourselves as lucky, and well fed, but you would have to be blind not to notice the long lines at the government rationing centers. Of course those of us in the middle class, and the wealthy can somewhat afford to look the other way as corporations such as Vista continue to supply our neighborhoods with self sufficient greenhouses, and remembrance farms (a noble tradition to remember the dead from the atomic war turned into a profitable venture). Yes there are those who say we have had rationing since 1978, and it was necessary thanks to our nations economy being in shambles, but this is unnecessary.

When our country chose to seal itself off while the world died from choking on its own blood from the plague the corporations such as Vista should have been forced to make the self sufficient greenhouses available to all not just the middle class, and wealthy. Energy of all kinds is being rationed to the lower classes despite the availability of nuclear power especially in the corporate planned cities, and suburbs. The U.S has become a dictatorship with the President being the only one with real power anymore.

America the strangled, the U.S has culturally, and socially stagnated itself into some perverted version of a romanticized nightmare from the 1950s with all the music, television, pop culture, and dress not going farther than the early 60s. Everything has to be approved by the U.S department of Culture, and Entertainment to ensure it isn't "unamerican". Normal police have also created what many call morality police to ensure people everywhere follow state guidelines on every little matter deemed worthy of their attention. Corporations have also acted on government authority, and have done many terrible things. Yet for all the social, and cultural stifling technology has advanced in many ways. People gawk over sleek plastic appliances, robotics, and supposed futuristic housing while the world burns with a feverish pace.

America the quarantined, ever since the assassination of Jonas Salk the U.S government has had to be wary of epidemics. Polio could have very well been managed in the 1950s, but instead spread to be a pain until a scientist from the Republic of Japan used experimental nanites to completely put an end to the polio epidemic by 1976. In 1978 following the atomic war diseases of all kinds broke out, and the nanites proved useful in those as well, but there has always been a fear that there would be a disease the nanites were either incapable of dealing with or became a part of due to unnatural manipulation.

Many have proposed this in think tanks, and in 1997 something of it became a reality. A synthetic plague of a strain similar to the one ravaging the world in some ways now. Broke out in the Peoples Republic of Great Britain on December 7th, and brought the country to collapse by new years. That one would have ravaged the world much earlier had it not been for the appalling, and genocidal quarantined put forth by the neighboring European Federation. Yet this scare caused the passing of the National Pandemic Act of 1998 which allowed a considerable amount of government power, and the establishment of quarantine walls across various parts of the country (such as the largest one covering the south, and the southern part of the western states).

This apparently went into full use in 2008 when an outbreak in the Republic of Japan escaped quarantine causing the government to call in as many citizens abroad as possible, screen them once they reached certain areas of the airports, and closed the borders for good. Suffice to say there were a lot of dissapointed foreigners stuck in the U.S. The massive border walls funded in part by the generosity of the corporations would come in handy once the plague reached the american continents.

We live in a society of people whipped up into becoming stagnant xenophobes with a heavy side of germaphobia, and panic attacks thanks to the constant government improvements of technologies that screen for the synthetic plague. We have basically isolated ourselves into a giant coffin content to let the world die, but instead what if we all die screaming, and nowhere to go?

Whatever forces are out there in the universe it seems this is doomed to happen. We should have helped the world when we had a chance, and now it is too late for any of us.

I suppose this is goodbye.

Sincerely,

Richard Chapman.

*Letter found in the cell of a scientist turned prisoner who would go on to be convicted, and executed by firing squad for the crimes of robbing a government research office, spreading propaganda about the pandemic of Japanese Flu, conspiracy to commit treason, violating racial hygiene laws for cohabitating with a citizen of Latin american descent, and the crime of homosexuality.

So any questions, and before anyone asks this one the roleplay is almost ready to go.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:54 pm

Deramen wrote:
Vacif wrote:So how exactly do we find the countries?

Well each nation would have a color associated with it in an ideal world.

Well no, I mean, how am I/you going find Switzerland, in that jumble of shapes? There are no borders. Do you know where Zurich is? Do you know where Germany is?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Vacif wrote:
Deramen wrote:Well each nation would have a color associated with it in an ideal world.

Well no, I mean, how am I/you going find Switzerland, in that jumble of shapes? There are no borders. Do you know where Zurich is? Do you know where Germany is?

I do, and I'm calling dibs on Switzerland and Ramstein airbase :P
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Vacif wrote:
Deramen wrote:Well each nation would have a color associated with it in an ideal world.

Well, I mean what can you do? If you have a better map with detail then I'll gladly use it. :)

Anowa wrote:
Vacif wrote:Well no, I mean, how am I/you going find Switzerland, in that jumble of shapes? There are no borders. Do you know where Zurich is? Do you know where Germany is?

So something like this?
Last edited by Deramen on Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:13 pm

Anowa wrote:
Vacif wrote:Well no, I mean, how am I/you going find Switzerland, in that jumble of shapes? There are no borders. Do you know where Zurich is? Do you know where Germany is?

Too late Anowa. You can have Ramstein, but Tay's already given me ownership of the Swiss.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:17 pm

You could paint in the country borders then add a map with the major and minor cities for reference or something.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:17 pm

Vacif wrote:
Anowa wrote:I do, and I'm calling dibs on Switzerland and Ramstein airbase :P

Too late Anowa. You can have Ramstein, but Tay's already given me ownership of the Swiss.

*sighs*

Guess I'll take Belgium and the Netherlands instead.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Shadowwell wrote:You could paint in the country borders then add a map with the major and minor cities for reference or something.

Good idea! Give me a minute.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:23 pm

[Alice in Chain's Rooster plays]

Yes, I'm still alive.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Negotiator

Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:31 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
The first Galactic Republic wrote:Yeah, but later I hope to post my actual draft.

Should I add a morality system?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse