NATION

PASSWORD

Of Zombies and Men (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:02 am

Posted this earlier Ul, don't. Know if u saw it.

Ularn I found a solution to our dilemma with the bridge. We could use the ferries To transport vehicles to beaches in thee sound that have road access, or use them like barges and use smaller boats to approach the shore to bring supplies from the beaches to ferries, then use the ferry docks to offload once back to the island.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:43 am

Kyraina wrote:Posted this earlier Ul, don't. Know if u saw it.

Ularn I found a solution to our dilemma with the bridge. We could use the ferries To transport vehicles to beaches in thee sound that have road access, or use them like barges and use smaller boats to approach the shore to bring supplies from the beaches to ferries, then use the ferry docks to offload once back to the island.

Yeah, I'd thought of the ferries a few days ago as well and was thinking about bringing them up IC - maybe throwing in an overheard conversation between military officers based on our own debate about the bridge. They'd be pretty fuel intensive (I expect) but for as long as we can fuel them they would allow huge scavenging loads to be transported really quickly.
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:55 am

Ularn wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Posted this earlier Ul, don't. Know if u saw it.

Yeah, I'd thought of the ferries a few days ago as well and was thinking about bringing them up IC - maybe throwing in an overheard conversation between military officers based on our own debate about the bridge. They'd be pretty fuel intensive (I expect) but for as long as we can fuel them they would allow huge scavenging loads to be transported really quickly.

Yeah that would work, maybe two officers arguing about it, then have a private of all people suggest using the ferries

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:08 am

I posted, fellas.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:36 pm

Character Application
Name: Jimmy H. Carter
Appearance:
Personal Items:
- 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup
- Taylorcraft B Seaplane
- Sno-Cat (Broken)
- Vespa Motorscooter
- Motorboat
- Fleet of old rowboats (largely unusable)
- Mattress full of assorted dollar bills (money can be removed)
- Well-stocked pantry (fraction of it can be moved)
- Water Jugs
- Flashlights
- Faulty Portable Generator
- Portable Stove
- Zippo Lighter
- Matches
- Pilot and Driver's Licenses
- Old Photos
- Assorted Knick-nacks (fraction of them can be moved)
Weapons:
- Model 1894 Winchester Rifle
- Smith & Wesson Model 29 Revolver
- Remington Model 870 Shotgun
- Savage Model 110 Rifle
- Stihl Contra Chainsaw
- Old Thompson Machine Gun
- Leatherman
- Bowie Knife
Bio:
Despite having the same name as former president Jimmy E. Carter (whom the H. Carter particularly liked), the two men have little in common outside of political views. Jimmy H. Carter has lived the last 47 years of his life as the proprietor of the Mt. Baker Lodge on Baker Lake in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest (with the land being leased from the Park Service), catering to tourists and wannabe outdoorsmen. But Carter's true passion is the outdoors itself, and he loves and has learned to respect nature and all its pitfalls. A Korean War veteran who served as a mechanic, Carter has always been good with his hands. He built his lodge himself, and he is a seasoned hunter and trapper. Carter is both stubborn and caring, but is also graced with a dirty mouth and swears frequently. In regards to his relationships, he shared his respect for nature with his dearly departed wife Aggie, and with his dutiful 40 year old spinster daughter Beatrice (or Bea for short). With November being the off season at the lodge and with most people away from the area, the two of them were literally just sitting around reading last week's Seattle Times when the Outbreak occurred. It wasn't until a few hours later, when Bea was mindlessly searching the internet on the lodge's faulty Windows 2000 desktop, that either of them even knew about it. Unconcerned with the havoc among "yuppies" in the cities, Carter is hesitant to leave his long-time home for any so-called "safe zones." Bea tries to convince him of the danger anyway, and hopes that she can convince him to go to a safe zone if the need arises.

Made some changes and reposted application.
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:14 pm

Hi people. Sorry for disappearing.

For anyone new who still wants to join, could you repost your apps? I don't know how many pages I'm behind, or how many apps there were.
Times are looking grim these days~

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:23 pm

Terintania wrote:Hi people. Sorry for disappearing.

For anyone new who still wants to join, could you repost your apps? I don't know how many pages I'm behind, or how many apps there were.

There's two new apps, on this page, that I had them make some changes two and I accepted sin

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:42 pm

So is my application accepted?

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:47 pm

Biscaria wrote:So is my application accepted?

I'll let the OPs look at it.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:51 pm

Character Application
Appearance:
Personal Items:
- 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup
- Taylorcraft B Seaplane
- Sno-Cat (Broken)
- Vespa Motorscooter
- Motorboat
- Water Jugs
- Flashlights
- Portable Stove
- Zippo Lighter
- Matches
- Portable Radio
- Old Photos
Weapons:
- Savage Model 110 Rifle
- Stihl Contra Chainsaw
- Leatherman
- Bowie Knife
Bio:
Despite having the same name as former president Jimmy E. Carter (whom the H. Carter particularly liked), the two men have little in common outside of political views. Jimmy H. Carter has lived the last 47 years of his life as the proprietor of the Mt. Baker Lodge on Baker Lake in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest (with the land being leased from the Park Service), catering to tourists and wannabe outdoorsmen. But Carter's true passion is the outdoors itself, and he loves and has learned to respect nature and all its pitfalls. A Korean War veteran who served as a mechanic, Carter has always been good with his hands. He built his lodge himself, and he is a seasoned hunter and trapper. Carter is both stubborn and caring, but is also graced with a colorful vocabulary and swears frequently. In regards to his relationships, he shared his respect for nature with his dearly departed wife Aggie, and with his dutiful 40 year old spinster daughter Beatrice (or Bea for short). With November being the off season at the lodge and with most people away from the area, the two of them were literally just sitting around reading last week's Seattle Times when the Outbreak occurred. It wasn't until a few hours later, when Bea was mindlessly searching the internet on the lodge's faulty Windows 2000 desktop, that either of them even knew about it. Unconcerned with the havoc among "yuppies" in the cities, Carter is hesitant to leave his long-time home for any so-called "safe zones." Bea tries to convince him of the danger anyway, and hopes that she can convince him to go to a safe zone if the need arises.
Last edited by Biscaria on Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:55 pm

Biscaria wrote:

Character Application
Appearance:
Personal Items:
- 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup
- Taylorcraft B Seaplane
- Sno-Cat (Broken)
- Vespa Motorscooter
- Motorboat
- Water Jugs
- Flashlights
- Portable Stove
- Zippo Lighter
- Matches
- Old Photos
Weapons:
- Savage Model 110 Rifle
- Stihl Contra Chainsaw
- Leatherman
- Bowie Knife
Bio:
Despite having the same name as former president Jimmy E. Carter (whom the H. Carter particularly liked), the two men have little in common outside of political views. Jimmy H. Carter has lived the last 47 years of his life as the proprietor of the Mt. Baker Lodge on Baker Lake in the Mount Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest (with the land being leased from the Park Service), catering to tourists and wannabe outdoorsmen. But Carter's true passion is the outdoors itself, and he loves and has learned to respect nature and all its pitfalls. A Korean War veteran who served as a mechanic, Carter has always been good with his hands. He built his lodge himself, and he is a seasoned hunter and trapper. Carter is both stubborn and caring, but is also graced with a dirty mouth and swears frequently. In regards to his relationships, he shared his respect for nature with his dearly departed wife Aggie, and with his dutiful 40 year old spinster daughter Beatrice (or Bea for short). With November being the off season at the lodge and with most people away from the area, the two of them were literally just sitting around reading last week's Seattle Times when the Outbreak occurred. It wasn't until a few hours later, when Bea was mindlessly searching the internet on the lodge's faulty Windows 2000 desktop, that either of them even knew about it. Unconcerned with the havoc among "yuppies" in the cities, Carter is hesitant to leave his long-time home for any so-called "safe zones." Bea tries to convince him of the danger anyway, and hopes that she can convince him to go to a safe zone if the need arises.

Well, I think he has kind of too many weapons, and too many vehicles, but if he looses some of those when he leaves to a safe zone, then I think it's more reasonable.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:59 pm

Cruxa wrote:
Cruxa wrote:Name: Rowan Smith
Appearance: 6'1", sandy blonde, grey eyes, lean figure, chiseled facial features, large hands
Personal Items: A beat-up old watch, and a '69 Chevy Nova
Weapons: Machete, switchblade, Colt Commander .45 pistol, Beretta M9 pistol, length of pipe, Molotov cocktails, lighter, Remington hunting rifle, and an AK-74 with three rounds left
Bio: Rowan Smith was an American marine who was generally considered as skilled with a gun. He had served two tours in Afghanistan pre-infection and earned four Purple Hearts on duty. When the infection came, he was in his home in a small town on the coast of Washington, allowing him to grab his own weapons and leave for Fort Casey ASAP.

Edited now. Thanks again OPs :)

^^

Here's the other app.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:31 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Cruxa wrote:^^

Here's the other app.

Thanks, Kyraina.

So, Corrian and I have talked about it a bit. We prefer to avoid soldier types in RPs like this, because they're done quite often, for one, and for two, they're heavily trained in combat, which can make things less of a challenge. Also, your character has too many weapons. So....Denied, sorry. Feel free to debate about it, edit, or make another app, though.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Terintania wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Here's the other app.

Thanks, Kyraina.

So, Corrian and I have talked about it a bit. We prefer to avoid soldier types in RPs like this, because they're done quite often, for one, and for two, they're heavily trained in combat, which can make things less of a challenge. Also, your character has too many weapons. So....Denied, sorry. Feel free to debate about it, edit, or make another app, though.

I hope the soldier character requirement isn't retroed to include my guy

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:37 pm

Kyraina wrote:I hope the soldier character requirement isn't retroed to include my guy

I think I already gave you an exception.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Corrian wrote:
Kyraina wrote:I hope the soldier character requirement isn't retroed to include my guy

I think I already gave you an exception.

I was messing with y'all and yes you did.
Last edited by Kyraina on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:42 pm

I'm glad about this, to be honest. One ex-mil character is plenty. Besides, playing as a badass soldier/gangster/w/e is basically playing the zombie apocalypse on easy mode. Surely you'd get a lot more fun and satisfaction from the challenge of playing a normal person with no survival skills and a baseball bat?
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Ularn wrote:I'm glad about this, to be honest. One ex-mil character is plenty. Besides, playing as a badass soldier/gangster/w/e is basically playing the zombie apocalypse on easy mode. Surely you'd get a lot more fun and satisfaction from the challenge of playing a normal person with no survival skills and a baseball bat?

It's hard for me to get myself to do that. I try basing my characters somewhat off of me. Plus I try to keep the badassness to a very low minimum. I have to see myself in the character for me to rp it correctly, and as a veteran it makes. Thing easier for me if my character is a vet, plus it helps me deal with my PTSD
Last edited by Kyraina on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Terintania wrote:
Biscaria wrote:Character Application
Appearance:
Personal Items:
- 1997 Ford F-150 Pickup
- Taylorcraft B Seaplane
- Sno-Cat (Broken)
- Vespa Motorscooter
- Motorboat
- Water Jugs
- Flashlights
- Portable Stove
- Zippo Lighter
- Matches
- Old Photos
Weapons:
- Savage Model 110 Rifle
- Stihl Contra Chainsaw
- Leatherman
- Bowie Knife
Bio:

Well, I think he has kind of too many weapons, and too many vehicles, but if he looses some of those when he leaves to a safe zone, then I think it's more reasonable.

Yeah, most of his stuff he won't be able to take. I'm planning on him leaving in only one vehicle (obviously not in the broken Sno-Cat), and he's going to have to leave a few of his guns behind.
I''ll make a post on the IC within a day or two.
Last edited by Biscaria on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Biscaria wrote:
Terintania wrote:Well, I think he has kind of too many weapons, and too many vehicles, but if he looses some of those when he leaves to a safe zone, then I think it's more reasonable.

Yeah, most of his stuff he won't be able to take. I'm planning on him leaving in only one vehicle (obviously not in the broken Sno-Cat), and he's going to have to leave a few of his guns behind.
I''ll make a post on the IC within a day or two.

I would say you can probably keep two guns, and the chainsaw, or three guns, but not the chainsaw. But other than that, looks good.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:45 pm

I feel like my guy's 870 Tactical, and AR-15 are gonna get more used by other characters then Joseph lol

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:50 pm

Posted in the IC.

Serio
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serio » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:56 pm

So whats going on now in the RP, I'm waiting to join and I can't sift through IC right now :(.

Biscaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biscaria » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Serio wrote:So whats going on now in the RP, I'm waiting to join and I can't sift through IC right now :(.

It is about six hours into the apocalypse now. Ferries from Port Townshend and Mukilteo have already left for the safe zone, but a military convoy is still going through Deception Pass with survivors. After they go through, they are going to demolish the bridge. You can either go with them right now or find an alternate way (boat, plane, jetski, etc) to get to the safe zone at Fort Casey where most people are going.

EDIT: The ferries may be coming back to the mainland after dropping off survivors at Fort Casey, but they may be unreliable.
Last edited by Biscaria on Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Biscaria wrote:
Serio wrote:So whats going on now in the RP, I'm waiting to join and I can't sift through IC right now :(.

It is about six hours into the apocalypse now. Ferries from Port Townshend and Mukilteo have already left for the safe zone, but a military convoy is still going through Deception Pass with survivors. After they go through, they are going to demolish the bridge. You can either go with them right now or find an alternate way (boat, plane, jetski, etc) to get to the safe zone at Fort Casey where most people are going.

EDIT: The ferries may be coming back to the mainland after dropping off survivors at Fort Casey, but they may be unreliable.

Yeah, they go back and forth, but the ports for the ferries, both were having some problems...

Honestly, I'd say you could just assume you're rescued and at the safe zone by now, instead of typing anything up about arriving.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse