NATION

PASSWORD

Stephen Mining| Enriching communities

A meeting place where national storefronts can tout their wares and discuss trade. [In character]
Jeltronia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Stephen Mining| Enriching communities

Postby Jeltronia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:25 am

STEPHEN MINING

Gold▲4.60 |Silver ▲0.11|Copper▼2.11 |Iron▲10.14 |Coal ◄► 00.00 |

Stephen Mining is the Stephen Group's arm responsible for interests in the Mining industry, with particularly focus on mineral exploration, extraction and production. It was formed after Stephen Prime Holdings Corporation bought Montana Mining Resources in late 2014. The bulk of Stephen Mining's operations are outside the Kingdom of Jeltronia, although it remains the largest mining company in terms of annual output and revenue. It inherited the largest gold and copper mines in Jeltronia. In early 2015, Stephen Mining has acquired several international projects, including nine in Zaudriga .
At present Stephen Mining is pursuing three value-enhancing strategies. First, the Company continues to search for gold, silver and copper projects which would be accretive in terms of gold resources. Second, Stephen Mining funds exploration and engineering work considered likely to expand resources and upgrade them to reserves. Third, Stephen Mining sells or partners its projects when they reach the production stage, to limit risk and share dilution.

Stephen Mining is not just in the business of profiting, but also committed in upholding its comprehensive sustainable policies. These are anchored on protecting the health and safety of our employees and contractors, as well as the environment and communities impacted by our activities.

Our Commitment

We are committed to creating value for our shareholders by operating in a safe, socially and environmentally responsible manner while contributing to the prosperity of our employees, their families and the communities in which we operate. This translates into the four fundamental values of our Sustainable Development Policy:

Respect for our employees: We aim to maintain a safe and healthy workplace that is based on mutual respect, fairness and integrity.

Protect the environment: We aim to minimize the effects of our operations on the environment and maintain its viability and its diversity.

Operate safely: We believe that all loss due to accidents/incidents is preventable. We aim to operate a safe and healthy workplace that is injury and fatality free. We believe that if we all work together, we can achieve zero accidents in the workplace and enhance the well-being of employees, contractors and communities.

Respect for our communities: We aim to contribute to the social and economic development of sustainable communities associated with our operations.

Proudly owned and operated by
Last edited by Jeltronia on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Nabetseican Realm of Jeltronia
"Always for the Emperor and the Empire"

Monarch: His Most Imperial and Royal Majesty, High King Jon
Viceroy: Charles Darling II, The Duke of Templeton
Prime Minister: Raymond Thurman
Foreign Minister: Mark Taylor

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:25 am

Our Management

Mr. Amando Almari
Chief Executive Officer & President

Mr. Amando Almari was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Stephen Mining on April 6, 2015. Prior to being acquired by the Stephen Group, He previously served as the New Montana Mining Resources Senior Vice-President and Chief Financial Officer from September 2006 to June 2012. Prior to his appointment as head Stephen Mining in 2015, Mr. Almari served as the Chief Executive Officer and President of the Vidanes Gold Corporation from July 10, 2012 to February 2014. Mr. Almari has over 20 years of experience in finance and business strategy, and has extensive experience in mining, capital markets, and banking.

Mr. Rene Michelric
Vice President for Metallurgy

Mr. Michelric is the Vice-President for Metallurgy, a position he has held since 2015. He also held the position in New Montana Mining Resources, prior to its acquisition by the Stephen Group. He began his career with New Montana Mining Resources in 1990 as a metallurgical engineer. Since then, Mr. Michelric rose through the ranks, holding various engineering and managerial roles within the company's technical and operations department. Mr. Michelric graduated with a mining engineering degree from the University of New Montana in 1987, specializing in mineral processing.

Mr. Marc Reddit
Vice President for Project Evaluation

Mr. Reddit is Vice-President for Project Evaluations, of Stephen Mining. He has held the same post in New Montana Mining Resource,working with the same for almost 25 years. He has also held various mine operation and exploration roles in the Company’s divisions, including Chief Geologist of the New Montana Division.
Last edited by Jeltronia on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:30 am

Our Projects around the world

Our affiliates
Beetle Coal Inc. - 49%
Idina Mining - 0.4%

Mines operated:
South New Montana Mine| Jeltronia
South New Montana Mine B| Jeltronia
South New Montana Mine C| Jeltronia
Eastern New Montana Mine| Jeltronia
Eastern New Montana Mine B| Jeltronia
Project 1 Mine |Zaudriga
Project 2 Mine |Zaudriga
Project 3 Mine |Zaudriga
Project 4 Mine |Zaudriga
Project 5 Mine |Zaudriga
Project 6 Mine |Zaudriga
Project 7 Mine |Zaudriga
Project 7-B Mine |Zaudriga
Project 9 Mine |Zaudriga
Singgahsana No. 8E Mine | Tongkang Pechah
Antitus Coal Mine | Regnum Coleoptera, Insectae (operated thru our affiliate, Beetle Coal Inc.)
Supracite Coal Mine | Regnum Coleoptera, Insectae (operated thru our affiliate, Beetle Coal Inc.)
Thryllasian Region Mine | Shwe Tu Colony
Gearson Mine | Romelliano

Exploration Projects:
Western Australia | Australia Republic
Partnership with Freemine Corp. | Karoghustan
Kalkberg site in the state of New Karelia | Fracels
Exploration Partnership with Imperial Oil| Reino do Brazil

Suppliership Agreements:
Gwangsa Co., Ltd. | Cheongji
Luna Arms Corp| Democratic Exodian Territories
Verndara Emerald Trading Company| Shwe Tu Colony

Our Partners

McGovern-Henry LLC
Last edited by Jeltronia on Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:48 am, edited 11 times in total.

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:30 am

Business Center
Welcome to our corporate business center!

Gold
NS$42,583.63/kg

Silver
NS$598.00/kg

Copper
NS$4.11/kg

Iron Ore
NS$ 60.8/t

Coal
NS$41.10/st

PRICE INDEX
Note that prices are subject to change, depending on quotas, production and global demand. Prices per transaction will depend on the prevailing index at the time of application. Prices for our supplier agreements will depend on the prices prevailing at the time of the delivery of our commodities.

Commodity Purchase Form
If you'd like to purchase Stephen Mining commodities on a per transaction basis, fill out the application form below. The list of commodities currently availed and their prices are indicated above:

Code: Select all
[b]Product Purchase Form[/b]
Name:
Position:
Name of Company:
Commodities to be purchased:
Total:

Supplier Request Form
If you'd like to Stephen Mining to regular supply your company with our commodities, fill out the application form below. The list of commodities currently availed and their prices are indicated above:

[b][u]Supplier Request Form[/u][/b]
Name:
Position:
Name of Company:
Nature of Partnership:
Other comments:

Project/Exploration Partnership

Stephen Mining is actively looking for new mines, exploration projects abroad. If you have suitable lands for mining operations, and with mineral resources and or reserves, we'd like to do business with you.

If you'd like to conduct joint studies, evaluations and explorations, please also fill out this form.

[b][u]Project/Exploration Form[/u][/b]
Name:
Position:
Name of Company:
What are you applying for?:
-Project Contract (if you'd like to offer us a mine or other project lands)
-Exploration Contract (if you'd like us to help you conduct technical surveys and studies on identified areas)
Other comments:

Corporate Partnership
If you'd like to partner with us, please fill up the form accordingly
[b][u]Corporate Partnership Form[/u][/b]
Name:
Position:
Name of Company:
Nature of Partnership:
Other comments:
Last edited by Jeltronia on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Omii
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Omii » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:37 am

T. Stephan Mining,
F. Omii Finance Offices and Bureau, Signed by the Official Omian International Document Association, The Incorporated States of Omii

The below form has been filed by the Incorporated States of Omii for Stephan Mining viewing only. Omii would like to be an official partner of Stephan Mining.
Corporate Partnership Form
Name: Berin Herrtz.
Position: Financial Accountant and Manager.
Name of Company: Omii Finance Office and Bureau.
Nature of Partnership: Provide financial assistance.
Other comments:
Thank you.

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:00 am

Omii wrote:
T. Stephan Mining,
F. Omii Finance Offices and Bureau, Signed by the Official Omian International Document Association, The Incorporated States of Omii

The below form has been filed by the Incorporated States of Omii for Stephan Mining viewing only. Omii would like to be an official partner of Stephan Mining.
Name: Berin Herrtz.
Position: Financial Accountant and Manager.
Name of Company: Omii Finance Office and Bureau.
Nature of Partnership: Provide financial assistance.
Other comments:
Thank you.

STEPHEN MINING

===================================================
Berin Herrtz
Financial Accountant and Manager
Omii Finance Office and Bureau

Mr./Ms. Berin Herrtz,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for being the first international entity to express interest in partnering with us! We take this as an affirmation of the potential of our company for profitable operations and for enriching the communities we will be partnering with.

After careful consideration of your proposal, the Board of Stephen Mining has unanimously voted to approve your company's proposal. Henceforth, should we have operations needing finance accommodation or advancement in your area, or region, we will be sure to contact you.

May this partnership prove to be a fruitful and profitable one.

Mr. Amando Almari

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Project/Exploration Form
Name: Peter Hunger
Position: Western Australian Commodities Minister
Name of Company: None
-Exploration Contract (if you'd like us to help you conduct technical surveys and studies on identified areas)
Other comments: You can explore and mine anywhere in Western Australia that adequate resources
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Tongkang Pechah
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tongkang Pechah » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:23 pm

Project/Exploration Form
Name: Muhammad Fateh Akhtar
Position: CEO
Name of Company: Perbadanan Arang Batu Persekutuan (Federal Coal Corporation)
-
Other comments: To operated our new open-pit mines called Singgahsana No. 8E at Kota Lama, Tongkang Pechah. Singgahsana No. 8E is an open-pit coal mining site in Kota Lama of Tongkang Pechah located about 270 km northwest of the capital Tanjung Laksamana. The mine extends over 69,000 hectares.

Karoghustan
Envoy

Founded: May 03, 2016

Postby Karoghustan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:52 am

Project/Exploration Form
Name:Dr hamir murfaid
Position:CEO
Name of Company:Freemine corp
What are you applying for?:project and Exploration Contract
Other comments:none

Cheongji
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheongji » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:29 am

Supplier Request Form
Name: Goo Hyeon Jin
Name of Company: Gwangsa Co., Ltd. (Goods and Services Manufacturing Company)
Nature of Partnership: Regular supply
Other comments: Please TG me, when application is accepted. You are more than welcome to propose a trade treaty, seeing if your nation wants anything in return.

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Project/Exploration Form
Name: Peter Hunger
Position: Western Australian Commodities Minister
Name of Company: None
Other comments: You can explore and mine anywhere in Western Australia that adequate resources

STEPHEN MINING

Peter Hunger
Western Australian Commodities Minister
Australian Republic

Honorable Minister Hunger,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for considering us in holding an exploration project in your country! We take this as an affirmation of the potential of our company for profitable operations and for enriching the communities we will be partnering with.

After careful consideration of your proposal, the Board of Stephen Mining has unanimously voted to approve the commencement of exploration of areas that will be identified by your government as potentially possessing valuable resources. Our exploration and project evaluation teams will be dispatched to your country to oversee our operations.

Following identification of areas ideal for mining projects, we would contact your office again to negotiate the opening of Stephen Mines.

Mr. Amando Almari

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Tongkang Pechah wrote:
Project/Exploration Form
Name: Muhammad Fateh Akhtar
Name of Company: Perbadanan Arang Batu Persekutuan (Federal Coal Corporation)
-
Other comments: To operated our new open-pit mines called Singgahsana No. 8E at Kota Lama, Tongkang Pechah. Singgahsana No. 8E is an open-pit coal mining site in Kota Lama of Tongkang Pechah located about 270 km northwest of the capital Tanjung Laksamana. The mine extends over 69,000 hectares.

STEPHEN MINING

Muhammad Fateh Akhtar
Chief Executive Officer, Perbadanan Arang Batu Persekutuan (Federal Coal Corporation)

Mr. Akhtar,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for inviting us to operate in Tongkang Pechah! We take this as an affirmation of the potential of our company for profitable operations and for enriching the communities we will be partnering with.

After careful consideration of your proposal, the Board of Stephen Mining has unanimously voted to approve to operate Singgahsana No. 8E. Our metallurgy, project development and health, safety, and community departments will be sent to meet with local officials and other stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition into the commencement of Stephen Mining Operations.

Our project evaluations report the potential for an annual yield of 1.9 tonnes of coal reserves from the entire mine.

Again, thank you for this opportunity to work with you. I hope this partnership proves to be a fruitful and profitable one.

Mr. Amando Almari

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Karoghustan wrote:Project/Exploration Form
Name:Dr hamir murfaid
Position:CEO
Name of Company:Freemine corp
What are you applying for?:project and Exploration Contract
Other comments:none

STEPHEN MINING

Dr. Hamir Murfaid
Chief Executive Officer, Freemine corp

Dr. Murfaid,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for considering us in holding an exploration project in your country! We take this as an affirmation of the potential of our company for profitable operations and for enriching the communities we will be partnering with.

After careful consideration of your proposal, the Board of Stephen Mining has unanimously voted to approve the commencement of exploration of areas that will be identified by the local government and your company as potentially possessing valuable resources. Our exploration and project evaluation teams will be dispatched to your country to oversee our operations.

Following identification of areas ideal for mining projects, we would contact your office again to negotiate the opening of Stephen Mines.

Mr. Amando Almari

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Cheongji wrote:Supplier Request Form
Name: Goo Hyeon Jin
Name of Company: Gwangsa Co., Ltd. (Goods and Services Manufacturing Company)
Nature of Partnership: Regular supply
Other comments: Please TG me, when application is accepted. You are more than welcome to propose a trade treaty, seeing if your nation wants anything in return.

STEPHEN MINING

Goo Hyeon Jin
Chief Executive Officer, Gwangsa Co., Ltd.

Mr./Ms. Gwangsa Co., Ltd.,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for being the first international entity to express interest in securing minerals and other products of Stephen Mining through a suppliership arrangement! We take this as an affirmation of the potential of our company for profitable operations and for enriching the communities we will be partnering with.

After careful consideration of your proposal, the Board of Stephen Mining has unanimously voted to approve your company's application to purchase minerals and other products from Stephen Mining, through regular shipments to be identified by your company. If you are looking to purchase only particular minerals/products, please do let us know, and other business team will arrange for that to be reflected in our suppliership agreement, plus other terms that will be mutually agreed upon by representatives from both our companies.

Likewise, we thank you for expressing interest in offering our government with a trade deal agreement. We have relayed your kind invitation to the Jeltronian Foreign Ministry for appropriate action.

Again, thank you. May this partnership prove to be a fruitful and profitable one.

Mr. Amando Almari

Insectae
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Insectae » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:30 pm

To Mr Amando Almari, CEO & President of Stephen Mining,

Greetings from afar!

I am Amadius Lupstrum, Minister of Minerals for the Regnum Coleoptera, a suzerain nation within the Imperium Insectae. I am contacting due to the passage of the Mining Act 2014, which I am responsible for enacting. This Act allows for the creation and expansion of mines within Coleoptera. Previously, we had been waiting for approval from the Imperium Parliament, but we were recently notified by Imperial Decree that we may proceed with our plans, which we intend to do. This program, which I have been given significant autonomy to plan and carry out, boils down to a few key points.

The first is the creation of new mines. Coleoptera is 75% rainforest, spanning 4 million square kilometers, which we believe to be rich in coal and other mineral deposits, which sit largely untapped. These deposits would be available to your company for both exploration and, if deposits are shown to be rich, extraction. As required by the Mining Act 2014, I have below listed the requirements and important facts related to exploration and mining operations, which your company would have to be in compliance with.

-Minimal sample collection. The area of the rain forest is large and mostly undeveloped, and there is a significant indigenous population. Your company would be required to take the bare minimum of ground samples necessary to establish rough mineral content, as assessed by the Ministry of Mining, for which the Regnum government will reimburse you 90% of the cost, along with other labor and transport-related expenses. Any samples taken not deemed necessary will not be reimbursed, including the labor and transport incurred, and will most likely result in steep fines for endangerment to the environment and disturbing indigenous inhabitation.
-Ministry monitoring and clearance. As the indigenous beetles of the area are known for having a unique and vibrant culture, your company would be required to accept Ministry of Mining personnel for monitoring purposes, and would be required to receive Ministry personnel clearance prior to drilling, landing, or other operations, to avoid the desecration of local monuments or areas of deep cultural significance.
-Transportation. As mentioned previously, there are little to no roads in the regions believed to harbor the most mineral wealth, and as such aerial transport (preferably by helicopter) would be required for most of your travels around the country. Also note that airfields are rather scarce, and jungle landings are often dangerous. To prevent liability issues, the Ministry of Mining will require all equipment and labor employed in exploration to be insured by an independent company.
-Security. While safer than before, the forests are still filled with various rebel groups, including belligerent natives and more modernized forces. As such, it is recommended, but not required, that an airborne company of the Regnum Security Forces provide escort to your exploration expeditions. If not, the Ministry will require a 1:10 ratio of private security personnel to other personnel, and will require both company and personal credentials of all security officers prior to approving a security detail.

-Minimal environmental impact. As part of a Green initiative, your company would be required to cause minimal impact on the local environment. This includes an outright ban on surface mining, and requires a minimum depth of 10m below the surface to conduct mining operations, to prevent surface cave-ins. Living quarters for workers should either be outside of the forest (as designated by the Ministry of Forestry) or temporary quarters such as wooden cabins or hammocks. Given the rather humid conditions, a paved road, funded 60%-40% by your company and the Ministry of Transportation, is permitted to be built, under MoT authority. Note that, following construction, maintenance costs 90%-10%, with the MoT establishing two low-cost tollbooths to raise funds to maintain the road. All road funds will be given to a child company established to maintain the road, in which the MoT and your company will hold a 49%-49% share, with 2% being given directly to shareholders of your company.
-Taxation. Given that the taxation of mining, logging, and oil extraction are major revenue sources for the Regnum government, your company will naturally be obliged to to pay taxes. Each tax is expressed as a percent of net profits, and are to be collected quarterly. Taxes are collected and enforced by the Ministry of Finance unless stated otherwise.
*1% for the Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
*4% for the Ministry of Forestry (these funds are to be set aside later for cleanup and removal of the site)
*4% for the Commune, Department, State, and Territory within which the mine resides (1% for each)
*2% for the Regnum Government
*100-year lease of all properties at a rate of $1 000/hectare/quarter, based on surveys by the Ministry of Mining. Nonpayment of lease or mining in unleased properties will be cracked down on harshly. This lease is paid directly to the Ministry of Mining. After 4 quarters of nonpayment, your company forfeits the lease.
*Toll of $1/truck/trip to Ministry of Transportation guards and authorities, for all loads carried by truck away from mines for shipment, to be used to develop and maintain the roadway.
*Registration costs of $1 000/truck/year, also to be paid to the Ministry of Transportation, as well as license fees of $100/year/driver and test costs of $10 000/test if drivers do not have a driver's license in another country and are at least 21 years of age.
*Security fee of 1%, to be either used to create your own personal security force or to be given to the Ministry of the Interior to fund security and guard operations of the mine and surrounding areas.
*Charitable donations to local organizations, including schools, orphanages, and hospitals, reduce the taxable amount, as does money spent on recreation and leisure activities for employees.
*Mining permit costs, to be paid to the Ministry of Mining, equivalent to $100 000/mine/quarter.
*Labor permit costs, to be paid to the Ministry of Labor, equivalent to 1% of all worker salaries, to provide funding for the inspection and enforcement of labor laws.
-Local labor laws. Given our nationalistic government, at least 70% of your workers must be Imperium citizens, and 60% Coleopteran citizens, distributed proportionally among our 29 recognized ethnic groups. Employees cannot work for more than 3 hours without a 15-minute break, cannot be forced to work more than 12 hours a day, must be given a 60-minute lunchbreak, and cannot be forced to work on Sunday. A minimum wage of $1/hour is required. Note that complaints are handled by the Ministry of Labor, not the Ministry of Mining.

If your company is capable of complying with all the listed requirements and regulations, as well as others listed elsewhere, the Ministry of Mining would be delighted to invite you to conduct surveys of possible mining sites. Note that, under the Mining Act 2014, Parliamentary approval is required to open a mine, meaning your company representatives would have to appear before Parliament for hearings on the subject following a decision by your company's board to build a mine.

As mentioned previously, we would also like to ask you to help expand and improve efficiency at the two mines currently operated by the Ministry of Mining. This would be accomplished by selling your company a 49% share and creating a new board consisting of your company's and local businessbugs to operate the state-administered mines. Both of the mines produce exclusively coal, but are currently operating at only 9% and 3% capacity, respectively, due to past mismanagement. As such, we would like to propose a partnership between the Ministry and your company, to increase output and efficiency at our two ongoing operations. These actions would require no Parliamentary approval. Required applications to your company are below. We sincerely hope this is not the end of our partnership, and that we can both move forward to ensure our mutual goodwill and prosperity.

Project/Exploration Form
Name: Amadius Lupstrum
Position: Minister of Mining for the Regnum of Coleoptera
Name of Company: Beetle Coal Inc. (State-Owned)
What are you applying for?: Exploration, aid in bringing our current state-run operations up to par
-Project Contract: The Antitus and Supracite Coal Mines, in which your company would be given a 49% share and equal board control, with the purpose of streamlining and increasing the profitability of mining operations there, among other things.
-Exploration Contract: Allowances to explore large forest territories to see if any merit the construction of new mines, for any purposes.
Other comments: Not much, really, but we do warn you that getting a mine approved will take significant time.

Position: The Minister of Mining for the Regnum of Coleoptera
Nature of Partnership: Joint holding of Antitus and Supracite Coal Mines, as well as potential roads to other mines established by your company in the region.
Other comments: None, but, again, we warn you that it will be a significant task making this a reality, and will require significant investment on your part to make it successful.

With the best hope for both our future,

Sincerely,

Amadius Lupstrum, Minister of Mining for the Regnum of Coleoptera
Operating in his capacity as CEO and President of the Beetle Coal Company, Incorporated

The Cascadian State
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cascadian State » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Name: Walter McGovern
Position: Managing Partner
Name of Company: McGovern-Henry LLP
Nature of Partnership: General Legal Council
Other comments: None

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Insectae wrote:
To Mr Amando Almari, CEO & President of Stephen Mining,

Greetings from afar!

I am Amadius Lupstrum, Minister of Minerals for the Regnum Coleoptera, a suzerain nation within the Imperium Insectae. I am contacting due to the passage of the Mining Act 2014, which I am responsible for enacting. This Act allows for the creation and expansion of mines within Coleoptera. Previously, we had been waiting for approval from the Imperium Parliament, but we were recently notified by Imperial Decree that we may proceed with our plans, which we intend to do. This program, which I have been given significant autonomy to plan and carry out, boils down to a few key points.

The first is the creation of new mines. Coleoptera is 75% rainforest, spanning 4 million square kilometers, which we believe to be rich in coal and other mineral deposits, which sit largely untapped. These deposits would be available to your company for both exploration and, if deposits are shown to be rich, extraction. As required by the Mining Act 2014, I have below listed the requirements and important facts related to exploration and mining operations, which your company would have to be in compliance with.

-Minimal sample collection. The area of the rain forest is large and mostly undeveloped, and there is a significant indigenous population. Your company would be required to take the bare minimum of ground samples necessary to establish rough mineral content, as assessed by the Ministry of Mining, for which the Regnum government will reimburse you 90% of the cost, along with other labor and transport-related expenses. Any samples taken not deemed necessary will not be reimbursed, including the labor and transport incurred, and will most likely result in steep fines for endangerment to the environment and disturbing indigenous inhabitation.
-Ministry monitoring and clearance. As the indigenous beetles of the area are known for having a unique and vibrant culture, your company would be required to accept Ministry of Mining personnel for monitoring purposes, and would be required to receive Ministry personnel clearance prior to drilling, landing, or other operations, to avoid the desecration of local monuments or areas of deep cultural significance.
-Transportation. As mentioned previously, there are little to no roads in the regions believed to harbor the most mineral wealth, and as such aerial transport (preferably by helicopter) would be required for most of your travels around the country. Also note that airfields are rather scarce, and jungle landings are often dangerous. To prevent liability issues, the Ministry of Mining will require all equipment and labor employed in exploration to be insured by an independent company.
-Security. While safer than before, the forests are still filled with various rebel groups, including belligerent natives and more modernized forces. As such, it is recommended, but not required, that an airborne company of the Regnum Security Forces provide escort to your exploration expeditions. If not, the Ministry will require a 1:10 ratio of private security personnel to other personnel, and will require both company and personal credentials of all security officers prior to approving a security detail.

-Minimal environmental impact. As part of a Green initiative, your company would be required to cause minimal impact on the local environment. This includes an outright ban on surface mining, and requires a minimum depth of 10m below the surface to conduct mining operations, to prevent surface cave-ins. Living quarters for workers should either be outside of the forest (as designated by the Ministry of Forestry) or temporary quarters such as wooden cabins or hammocks. Given the rather humid conditions, a paved road, funded 60%-40% by your company and the Ministry of Transportation, is permitted to be built, under MoT authority. Note that, following construction, maintenance costs 90%-10%, with the MoT establishing two low-cost tollbooths to raise funds to maintain the road. All road funds will be given to a child company established to maintain the road, in which the MoT and your company will hold a 49%-49% share, with 2% being given directly to shareholders of your company.
-Taxation. Given that the taxation of mining, logging, and oil extraction are major revenue sources for the Regnum government, your company will naturally be obliged to to pay taxes. Each tax is expressed as a percent of net profits, and are to be collected quarterly. Taxes are collected and enforced by the Ministry of Finance unless stated otherwise.
*1% for the Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
*4% for the Ministry of Forestry (these funds are to be set aside later for cleanup and removal of the site)
*4% for the Commune, Department, State, and Territory within which the mine resides (1% for each)
*2% for the Regnum Government
*100-year lease of all properties at a rate of $1 000/hectare/quarter, based on surveys by the Ministry of Mining. Nonpayment of lease or mining in unleased properties will be cracked down on harshly. This lease is paid directly to the Ministry of Mining. After 4 quarters of nonpayment, your company forfeits the lease.
*Toll of $1/truck/trip to Ministry of Transportation guards and authorities, for all loads carried by truck away from mines for shipment, to be used to develop and maintain the roadway.
*Registration costs of $1 000/truck/year, also to be paid to the Ministry of Transportation, as well as license fees of $100/year/driver and test costs of $10 000/test if drivers do not have a driver's license in another country and are at least 21 years of age.
*Security fee of 1%, to be either used to create your own personal security force or to be given to the Ministry of the Interior to fund security and guard operations of the mine and surrounding areas.
*Charitable donations to local organizations, including schools, orphanages, and hospitals, reduce the taxable amount, as does money spent on recreation and leisure activities for employees.
*Mining permit costs, to be paid to the Ministry of Mining, equivalent to $100 000/mine/quarter.
*Labor permit costs, to be paid to the Ministry of Labor, equivalent to 1% of all worker salaries, to provide funding for the inspection and enforcement of labor laws.
-Local labor laws. Given our nationalistic government, at least 70% of your workers must be Imperium citizens, and 60% Coleopteran citizens, distributed proportionally among our 29 recognized ethnic groups. Employees cannot work for more than 3 hours without a 15-minute break, cannot be forced to work more than 12 hours a day, must be given a 60-minute lunchbreak, and cannot be forced to work on Sunday. A minimum wage of $1/hour is required. Note that complaints are handled by the Ministry of Labor, not the Ministry of Mining.

If your company is capable of complying with all the listed requirements and regulations, as well as others listed elsewhere, the Ministry of Mining would be delighted to invite you to conduct surveys of possible mining sites. Note that, under the Mining Act 2014, Parliamentary approval is required to open a mine, meaning your company representatives would have to appear before Parliament for hearings on the subject following a decision by your company's board to build a mine.

As mentioned previously, we would also like to ask you to help expand and improve efficiency at the two mines currently operated by the Ministry of Mining. This would be accomplished by selling your company a 49% share and creating a new board consisting of your company's and local businessbugs to operate the state-administered mines. Both of the mines produce exclusively coal, but are currently operating at only 9% and 3% capacity, respectively, due to past mismanagement. As such, we would like to propose a partnership between the Ministry and your company, to increase output and efficiency at our two ongoing operations. These actions would require no Parliamentary approval. Required applications to your company are below. We sincerely hope this is not the end of our partnership, and that we can both move forward to ensure our mutual goodwill and prosperity.

Project/Exploration Form
Position: Minister of Mining for the Regnum of Coleoptera
What are you applying for?: Exploration, aid in bringing our current state-run operations up to par
-Project Contract: The Antitus and Supracite Coal Mines, in which your company would be given a 49% share and equal board control, with the purpose of streamlining and increasing the profitability of mining operations there, among other things.
-Exploration Contract: Allowances to explore large forest territories to see if any merit the construction of new mines, for any purposes.
Other comments: Not much, really, but we do warn you that getting a mine approved will take significant time.

Position: The Minister of Mining for the Regnum of Coleoptera
Nature of Partnership: Joint holding of Antitus and Supracite Coal Mines, as well as potential roads to other mines established by your company in the region.
Other comments: None, but, again, we warn you that it will be a significant task making this a reality, and will require significant investment on your part to make it successful.

With the best hope for both our future,

Sincerely,

Amadius Lupstrum, Minister of Mining for the Regnum of Coleoptera
Operating in his capacity as CEO and President of the Beetle Coal Company, Incorporated

STEPHEN MINING

Amadius Lupstrum
Minister of Mining for the Regnum of Coleoptera

Hon. Amadius Lupstrum

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for inviting us to invest in your country! We take this as an affirmation of the potential of our company for profitable operations and for enriching the communities we will be partnering with.

We note that comprehensive business proposal you have earlier sent to our office. After careful consideration, and a favorable report from our legal and business teams, the Board of Stephen Mining has unanimously voted to approve the commencement of exploration of areas that will be identified by your government as potentially possessing valuable resources. Our exploration and project evaluation teams will be dispatched to your country to oversee our operations.

Rest assured that the terms you have identified, including several national and local laws and regulations, will be observed and complied with.

Should the exploration yield successful results, in terms of identifying areas for mining operations, we will coordinate immediately with your office to finalize project agreements, including the securing of Parliamentary approval.

The Board has also unanimously approved your business proposal with regard to the acquisition of 49% of the state-owned, Beetle Coal Inc. We are excited to contribute to increasing the output of the Antitus and Supracite Coal Mines by bringing Stephen Mining operational, technical and financial expertise to improve profitability and sustainability. We will be nominating Mr. Marc Reddit, Vice President for Project Evaluation of Stephen Mining and Mr. Douglas Tremblay, Vice President for International Operations of Stephen Mining, and Mr. Vandolph Martin Area Head for Regnum of Coleoptera to sit in the new board of Beetle Coal Inc.

Likewise, we thank you for expressing interest in offering our government with a trade deal agreement. We have relayed your kind invitation to the Jeltronian Foreign Ministry for appropriate action.

Again, thank you. May this partnership prove to be a fruitful and profitable one.

Mr. Amando Almari

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:25 pm

The Cascadian State wrote:
Name: Walter McGovern
Position: Managing Partner
Name of Company: McGovern-Henry LLP
Nature of Partnership: General Legal Council
Other comments: None

STEPHEN MINING

Berin Herrtz
Financial Accountant and Manager
Omii Finance Office and Bureau

Mr./Ms. Berin Herrtz,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for expressing interest in partnering with us! We take this as an affirmation of the potential of our company for profitable operations and for enriching the communities we will be partnering with.

After careful consideration of your proposal, the Board of Stephen Mining, with the favorable recommendation of our Legal Team, has unanimously voted to approve your company's proposal. Henceforth, McGovern-Henry LLP is now retained as an external counsel of Stephen Mining.

Mr. Amando Almari

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Tue May 02, 2017 7:44 am

bump

Argentinstan
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 am

Name: Dilma Rousseff
Name of Company: Petrobras
Nature of Partnership: Closer cooperation
Other comments
A United Nations of Earthlings member state. Former Prime Minister.
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

Reino do Brazil
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 31, 2013

Postby Reino do Brazil » Tue May 02, 2017 9:39 am

Product Purchase Form
Name: Salvador Correia de Sá
Position: (GoV) The Royal Treasury of Reino do Brazil
Name of Company: The Royal Treasury of Reino do Brazil
Commodities to be purchased: gold Bullion 10.000kg at 40,636nsd\kg
Total 246.305.:418.719 billion nsd

Turaneistan
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Turaneistan » Wed May 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Product Purchase Form
Name: Suleiman Aslan
Position: Head of The Turaneistani Islamic Command Council
Name of Company: Government of The Turkish Islamic Confederacy Turaneistan, Ministry of Economics
Commodities to be purchased: Gold
Total: 75kg.:3193772.25 NSD
الذي يحكم بأمر الله يجب أن يكون النصر

Turaneistani News: Riots break out in Turaneistan caused by Leftist Radicals, SCUD missile exploded in Gaziantep likely from Kurdish terrorists Turaneistan refuses to reach an agreement with Russia and Iran over Syria, Turaneistani government is buying gold with no official government response

We will make Turaneistan into the Muslim Israel if the Jews can have the Jewish State we shall have an Islamic State- Turaneistani Leadership Statement April of 2017
Modern History of Turaneistan

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 am

Argentinstan wrote:Corporate Partnership Form
Name: Dilma Rousseff
Name of Company: Petrobras
Nature of Partnership: Closer cooperation
Other comments

STEPHEN MINING

Dilma Rousseff
Chief Executive Officer
Petrobras

Mr./Ms. Dilma Rousseff,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for expressing interest in partnering with us! We take this as an affirmation of the potential of our company for profitable operations and for enriching the communities we will be partnering with.

While we are open to corporate partnerships, your application has limited information from which our company can make the necessary evaluation as to whether a partnership is indeed viable. We hope you can remedy the ambiguity and submit a new letter containing more information about your company, and the nature of the partnership you'd like to enter into with us.

Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you again!

Mr. Amando Almari

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Thu May 04, 2017 6:22 am

Reino do Brazil wrote:Product Purchase Form
Name: Salvador Correia de Sá
Position: (GoV) The Royal Treasury of Reino do Brazil
Name of Company: The Royal Treasury of Reino do Brazil
Commodities to be purchased: gold Bullion 10.000kg at 40,636nsd\kg
Total 246.305.:418.719 billion nsd

STEPHEN MINING

Salvador Correia de Sá
The Royal Treasury of Reino do Brazil

Dear Mr. Salvador Correia de Sá,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for considering our mineral products for your needs. As you may already know, Stephen Mining prides itself in producing the best quality mineral resources in the world, but doing so in a manner that enriches, rather than destroys the communities it works in.

After coordination with our production and business teams, the following purchase orders have been approved:

God Bullion (246,305 kg) NS$ 418.719 billion

The total amount maybe wired electronically in our Stephen Mining account in the Jeltronian Crown Bank, or other recognized banking institutions of your company's choosing. Delivery will be made upon receipt of the aforementioned amount.

Thank you for doing business with Stephen Mining. Please, see us again!

Mr. Amando Almari

Jeltronia
Ambassador

Postby Jeltronia » Thu May 04, 2017 6:28 am

Turaneistan wrote:Product Purchase Form
Name: Suleiman Aslan
Position: Head of The Turaneistani Islamic Command Council
Name of Company: Government of The Turkish Islamic Confederacy Turaneistan, Ministry of Economics
Commodities to be purchased: Gold
Total: 75kg.:3193772.25 NSD

STEPHEN MINING

Suleiman Aslan
Head of The Turaneistani Islamic Command Council

Honorable Suleiman Aslan,

Thank you for contacting us. On behalf of our company, Stephen Mining, allow me to thank you and your good office for considering our mineral products for your needs. As you may already know, Stephen Mining prides itself in producing the best quality mineral resources in the world, but doing so in a manner that enriches, rather than destroys the communities it works in.

After coordination with our production and business teams, the following purchase orders have been approved:

Gold (75 kg) NS$ 3,193,772.25

The total amount maybe wired electronically in our Stephen Mining account in the Jeltronian Crown Bank, or other recognized banking institutions of your company's choosing. Delivery will be made upon receipt of the aforementioned amount.

Thank you for doing business with Stephen Mining. Please, see us again!

Mr. Amando Almari

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Global Economics and Trade