NATION

PASSWORD

Kylaris Recruitment Thread (ARCHIVED)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Black Marshes
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marshes » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:35 am

National information
Official Name: The Nation of Srvotjska, Drôhynia and Prăvka
Shortened Name: Drôhynia and Prăvka, Drôhynia, DAP, Yugomarolevia
Requested Location: :notYugoslavia:, the blob next to Hellenos
RP Population: 31,270,731
Culture and Ethnicity: The people of Srvotjska, Drôhynia and Prăvka are primarily all Marolevs, but there are however notable distinctions between various ethnic groups within the country.
The north of the country, Prăvka, is primarily Solarian Catholic, and is the most ethnically diverse with sizeable groups of Hyrbs, Falkars and Kjojnaks inhabiting its hilly terrain. Due to its high altitudes and geographic position, Prăvkan culture has been influenced by Wazóvian culture, make it distinct but not foreign to that of Drôhynia to the south. Srvotjska, to the East, is also Solarian Catholic, but is considerably more devout than neighbouring Prăvka, and greatly influenced by old Solarian culture and architecture, making it stand out from the rest of the nation. Unlike Drôhynia and Prăvka, Srvotjska is not very ethnically diverse, containing a large majority of Srvots- although there is some cultural variation between the region's lowlands and highlands. The southernmost and largest region is Drôhynia, containing the nation's capital city and largest ethnic group; the Zumra, who share the region with the Poltsdams. Drôhynia practices a different form of Sotirianity known as Drôhynian Orthodoxy, leading to two official state religions, although they do not clash with each other. The region's vast lowlands and coast have also led it to develop rustic and fishing cultures outside of the major cities, whilst the cities themselves contain a mix of both modern and communist-style architecture, with few buildings from before 1926 remaining as a result of the region's heavy fighting during the Great War.
Government Type: Federal Republic
Head of State: President Jakov Jezdimirović (NEZ)
Head of Government: Chancellor Zdeslav Karapandža (NNS)
National Overview: The nation's government is a democratically elected federal system, with separate elections for the national and state parliaments, as well as one for the President. The current parliament is dominated by the conservative National Progressive Party (NNS) and its centre-right coalition, together controlling a 62% majority. Although there are several significant political parties including some radical, the nation is not particularly polarised, with different parties serving no more than 3 consecutive terms and cooperating well. Srvotjska generally votes centre-right, whilst Drôhynia and Prăvka vary between centre-left and centre-right depending on political and/or economic situation.
As a result of a history of being conquered and subdued by various foreign invaders, such as Caesena and Kaxakh during the Great War, the people of Srvotjska, Drôhynia and Prăvka are fiercely patriotic, and do not take too kindly to foreign beliefs and ideologies, such as religion. After overthrowing its Communist government in 1990, the people and government of Srvotjska, Drôhynia and Prăvka have maintained an anti-communist, pro-Eastern attitude, joing both DITO and the EC in 1998.

Other:
Factbook: Intend to extensively post on IIWiki :)
RP Preferences: Really enjoy Character driven, also like Military and Diplomatic.
RP Samples: Used to RP back at the beginning of NS RPing, then took a hiatus and I want to start again (can't remember my specific RPs :/ )
Anything else?:
You may call me 'Black Marshes', 'Marshes', 'BM', or my spirit name- Muhammed ibn Yunus ibn Al-Aziz al Mizr :)

I believe Pluto is a planet- "Is a 'midget' not a person?" My opinion is supported by the Shropshire Head of Maths.
Global Warming and the Oil Crisis are myths- excuses to raise fuel prices and save raw materials.

Costa Rica vs South Korea for the World Cup Final!

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:00 am

Black Marshes wrote:
National information
Culture and Ethnicity: The people of Srvotjska, Drôhynia and Prăvka are primarily all Marolevs, but there are however notable distinctions between various ethnic groups within the country.
The north of the country, Prăvka, is primarily Solarian Catholic, and is the most ethnically diverse with sizeable groups of Hyrbs, Falkars and Kjojnaks inhabiting its hilly terrain. Due to its high altitudes and geographic position, Prăvkan culture has been influenced by Wazóvian culture, make it distinct but not foreign to that of Drôhynia to the south. Srvotjska, to the East, is also Solarian Catholic, but is considerably more devout than neighbouring Prăvka, and greatly influenced by old Solarian culture and architecture, making it stand out from the rest of the nation. Unlike Drôhynia and Prăvka, Srvotjska is not very ethnically diverse, containing a large majority of Srvots- although there is some cultural variation between the region's lowlands and highlands. The southernmost and largest region is Drôhynia, containing the nation's capital city and largest ethnic group; the Zumra, who share the region with the Poltsdams. Drôhynia practices a different form of Sotirianity known as Drôhynian Orthodoxy, leading to two official state religions, although they do not clash with each other. The region's vast lowlands and coast have also led it to develop rustic and fishing cultures outside of the major cities, whilst the cities themselves contain a mix of both modern and communist-style architecture, with few buildings from before 1926 remaining as a result of the region's heavy fighting during the Great War.
National Overview: The nation's government is a democratically elected federal system, with separate elections for the national and state parliaments, as well as one for the President. The current parliament is dominated by the conservative National Progressive Party (NNS) and its centre-right coalition, together controlling a 62% majority. Although there are several significant political parties including some radical, the nation is not particularly polarised, with different parties serving no more than 3 consecutive terms and cooperating well. Srvotjska generally votes centre-right, whilst Drôhynia and Prăvka vary between centre-left and centre-right depending on political and/or economic situation.
As a result of a history of being conquered and subdued by various foreign invaders, such as Caesena and Kaxakh during the Great War, the people of Srvotjska, Drôhynia and Prăvka are fiercely patriotic, and do not take too kindly to foreign beliefs and ideologies, such as religion. After overthrowing its Communist government in 1990, the people and government of Srvotjska, Drôhynia and Prăvka have maintained an anti-communist, pro-Eastern attitude, joing both DITO and the EC in 1998.

Other:
RP Preferences: Really enjoy Character driven, also like Military and Diplomatic.
RP Samples: Used to RP back at the beginning of NS RPing, then took a hiatus and I want to start again (can't remember my specific RPs :/ )
Anything else?:

I like what I see.

The only date I would suggest changing is the 1990 one to 1995, based upon this: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/December_Crisis since I believe that is generally when communism either fell or re-branded itself in the Comintern.

Other than that, I will toss Commie stuff to Lunas but I'm all set with this app.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:04 am

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Black Marshes wrote:
National information

Other:
Anything else?:

I like what I see.

The only date I would suggest changing is the 1990 one to 1995, based upon this: http://iiwiki.com/wiki/December_Crisis since I believe that is generally when communism either fell or re-branded itself in the Comintern.

Other than that, I will toss Commie stuff to Lunas but I'm all set with this app.

Well, there was a coup in 1990 which left the party in power but weakened and under military control, then there was another coup in 1995 with elements of the military throwing out the party and it's military leaders once and for all. Either would work, although the earlier one works better, since the military withdraws from the outermost spherelings while reducing it's size.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:08 am

Lunas Legion wrote:
Well, there was a coup in 1990 which left the party in power but weakened and under military control, then there was another coup in 1995 with elements of the military throwing out the party and it's military leaders once and for all. Either would work, although the earlier one works better, since the military withdraws from the outermost spherelings while reducing it's size.

Oh interesting, that works our well then.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:20 am

Black Marshes wrote:
National information

Other:
Anything else?:

I like what I see.

Aside from this 'Commie stuff', I'm in the same boat as you, Glit!

Go on Serbia stronk rorororororororrororororororororor
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Black Marshes
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marshes » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:20 am

Lunas Legion wrote:

Oh interesting, that works our well then.

Party time
You may call me 'Black Marshes', 'Marshes', 'BM', or my spirit name- Muhammed ibn Yunus ibn Al-Aziz al Mizr :)

I believe Pluto is a planet- "Is a 'midget' not a person?" My opinion is supported by the Shropshire Head of Maths.
Global Warming and the Oil Crisis are myths- excuses to raise fuel prices and save raw materials.

Costa Rica vs South Korea for the World Cup Final!

New Mumford
Attaché

Founded: Feb 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Mumford » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:45 pm

National information
Official Name: The Kingdom of Mumford
Shortened Name: Mumford
Requested Location: I think it would make for interesting RP if I was landlocked between HND/SNG and ranging all the way up to the southern tip of EJA.
RP Population: 175 million
Culture and Ethnicity: The Mumforians are much like the Germans, but with a twist. Mumford takes pride in her strong monarchy that has existed for thousands of years undisturbed. The language is Mumforian which is German with a fancier name. The citizens of Mumford are fiercely patriotic, many people deciding to serve the nation's military after graduating from University.
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy.
Head of State: Leopold, the First of His name, King of Mumford, Duke of Spellmont, Protector of the Realm
Head of Government: Archduke Thorsten, Archduke of Leipdzig, Brother of King Leopold
National Overview: As stated above, the Mumforians are fiercely patriotic and fiercely loyal to their ruling lieges. Socially, the Mumforians pride themselves on keeping a conservative society that maintains tradition. No marriage within the same-sex, religion is still taught in schools and elections are mostly unheard of. The Mumforian people aren't necessarily xenophobic, but often feel threatened if immigration reaches new highs or a new religion or idea attempts to change the way that it's supposed to be. A conservative culture and your continuous service to your Duke.

Other:
Factbook: Don't have one, willing to make iiWiki though.
RP Preferences: Diplomatic are my favorite, but willing to revert to military.
RP Samples: Prompt, please?
Anything else?: No.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:52 pm

New Mumford wrote:
National information
Requested Location: I think it would make for interesting RP if I was landlocked between HND/SNG and ranging all the way up to the southern tip of EJA.
Culture and Ethnicity: The Mumforians are much like the Germans, but with a twist. Mumford takes pride in her strong monarchy that has existed for thousands of years undisturbed. The language is Mumforian which is German with a fancier name. The citizens of Mumford are fiercely patriotic, many people deciding to serve the nation's military after graduating from University.
Head of State: Leopold, the First of His name, King of Mumford, Duke of Spellmont, Protector of the Realm
Head of Government: Archduke Thorsten, Archduke of Leipdzig, Brother of King Leopold
National Overview: As stated above, the Mumforians are fiercely patriotic and fiercely loyal to their ruling lieges. Socially, the Mumforians pride themselves on keeping a conservative society that maintains tradition. No marriage within the same-sex, religion is still taught in schools and elections are mostly unheard of. The Mumforian people aren't necessarily xenophobic, but often feel threatened if immigration reaches new highs or a new religion or idea attempts to change the way that it's supposed to be. A conservative culture and your continuous service to your Duke.

Other:

The place you're asking to be put in is located somewhere between our version of Persia and China. So no. If you want to be there you'll have to change cultures to fit with the region there.

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:17 pm

New Mumford wrote:
National information

Other:

No offense but this nation wouldn't exactly be able to exist within the realm of reality within Kylaris. If you want a more 'lore friendly idea' look at Ubila's Application above yours. It has a basic understanding of the Lore, now if you are willing to become more Lore friendly and are still interested in Kylaris please contact me directly.
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:15 pm

Another quick thing to add, as Kisi already mentioned the location you chose isn't idea, as it is loosely considered to be Korean or another Asian culture.

The only real place for a Germanic based nation is the New World (the Asterias) at this point.

Trotza
Minister

Founded: Feb 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:49 pm

National information
Official Name: Al-Mamlakah Al-ʾBadīwiyah As-Mʿūrdīyah (Kingdom of Muradi Badiwaya)
Shortened Name: Muradi Badiwaya
Requested Location:

RP Population: 37,400,000
Culture and Ethnicity: While the country as a whole is largely Badiwayan, which is reflected in their ethnicity and language, their are distinctions in the people and lifestyles around various areas of the kingdom, which reflect their past. For example on the northern peninsula, which extends into the narrow strait between the continents, an otherwise barren land is distinguished by the towering skylines of the region's most extravagant cities. These metropolises are largely the work of the business tycoons who control the profitable oil reserves around the area. This is also the most modern part of the nation, all the new developments of the first world powers being brought in by the elite with nothing but money to spend. Besides the upper class though, there is little opportunity for the common man. (Think United Arab Emirates)

To the west, along the coast, wealth is distributed just a bit more fairly. Most of the population is concentrated in cities by the sea, which have also historically been their economic centers for locals. Here there is at least some middle class that gets along in a modest standard of living. Due to its proximity it has received the most Euclean influence as well culturally from contact over the centuries. On the interior are old tribes that learned to survive in the harsh deserts long before many came here, and still practise their nomadic traditions. (Think Algeria and Morocco sort of)

To the east and center, taking up the largest amount of the kingdom's landmass, is the origin of their people and the first place their ancestors inhabited. It includes the capital, Iliyayla, the political hub for all those looking to influence the king's undisputable word. It is also the religious capital for a nation that calls itself the origin of the Salamic faith. While economically it still focuses on the production of oil, which in this region is mostly owned by the Muradi family, and whose profits go to the royal treasury. It is largely inhabitable, though steps have been made for generations that allow at least small towns to dot more hospitable junctures without a major outside commitment. The population here is probably the least diverse in the country, being largely of the same religion, ethnicity, and overall cutlure. (Think Saudi Arabia)

Past the sprawling deserts lie the more isolated southern districts. Here there is a much more prevalent Bahian majority, as they did not interact as much with the Badiwayan heartland to the north in the past. Sotirianity is also much more common here than any other place in the country, even more than those near to Euclea. This has caused some religious tension in the past, but currently there is not too much open conflict. These traditions have been established since the days when what is now the kingdom was just scattered tribes. The highland plateau does not have nearly as harsh of a climate as the flat wastelands of the desert, which has fostered surprisingly high population growth despite the region's historically primitive backgrounds. It has also been influenced by the many nations that border it to the south. Economically there is not much development and poverty levels are high. (Think Ethiopia and Somalia)
Government Type: Absolute Fundamentalist Monarchy
Head of State: King Aakif bin Abd Saab Al Murad (Aakif Murad)
Head of Government: ^
National Overview: The nation's ideology, focus, and driver could all be named in three words, faith, king, and oil. And in that order. The self proclaimed tenants of "true Salam", citizens are expected to respect the traditions that have come from their long history with this religion, when it comes to worship, clothing, and social standards. Despite the objections by more liberal dissenters, the country is not democratic, which can easily be seen by the harsh punishments dealt out for what other justice systems might describe as relatively minor crimes, as well as the fact as the king's rule is unquestioned. The House of Murad has had sole control over the kingdom for generations, each living out their life without so much as a constitution to check their power. But while politically he is put above all, even he does not question the faith. Disrespecting the ideals of Salam is an easy way to face vigilante justice from the more radical followers who are largely left to enforce to their hearts content. Some of the few places where this is less common are the more Bahian lands of the south, and more moderate cities on the coast. Economically, there doesn't seem to be much for the country to do. And for most of the past, there wasn't. Agriculture struggled in all but a few more fertile places, and industry was always on a very small scale. The real saving grace of the royal family, and to a lesser extent the people, was the discovery of oil. There are vast reserves around that have led to a boom of wealth creation among a few elite, especially in certain places on the coast. All of it is owned by a state run enterprise that turns its profits over to the government, though they know to keep some people happy with well paying jobs as public employees and having heavy subsidies to create a comfortable middle class. They spend their money on modern foreign products and enjoy the lifestyle of the wealthy, ignoring the wealth inequality that leaves many poor living on the outskirts of cities in slums or in poorer largely neglected provinces. While in the meantime, the government uses it to import expensive weapons from other countries to expand the military, along with other things to cement their power.

Other:
Factbook: None yet, but I'm working on the history.
RP Preferences: Alternate History/Historical nation with a dash of Character RPs
RP Samples: Meh ok
Anything else?: No thank you, I'm fine.
Last edited by Trotza on Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:34 pm

Trotza wrote:
National information
Official Name: Al-Mamlakah Al-ʾBadīwiyah As-Mʿūrdīyah (Kingdom of Muradi Badiwaya)

It includes the capital, Iliyayla, the political hub for all those looking to influence the king's undisputable word. It is also the religious capital for a nation that calls itself the origin of the Salamic faith.

Wonderful App, though there is only one small problem with it, the Salamic Faith(along with the other Adamite faiths) originated farther North in Samastara. We (the Government and all of it's members) understand that this may be a problem for you in your development of the nation. Our solution is, seeing as though the Salamic faith breaks up in a very different way then it did in real life (It breaks up more in line with that the practice of it changed between various parts of the Caliphate) we thought why not have your sect originate in your nation. I do apologize for it not being your initial idea and we hope you accept this compromise.
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

Trotza
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:39 pm

Kisinger wrote:
Trotza wrote:
National information

It includes the capital, Iliyayla, the political hub for all those looking to influence the king's undisputable word. It is also the religious capital for a nation that calls itself the origin of the Salamic faith.

Wonderful App, though there is only one small problem with it, the Salamic Faith(along with the other Adamite faiths) originated farther North in Samastara. We (the Government and all of it's members) understand that this may be a problem for you in your development of the nation. Our solution is, seeing as though the Salamic faith breaks up in a very different way then it did in real life (It breaks up more in line with that the practice of it changed between various parts of the Caliphate) we thought why not have your sect originate in your nation. I do apologize for it not being your initial idea and we hope you accept this compromise.

Then would Samastara also be what was historically the center and origin of the Caliphate?

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:46 pm

Trotza wrote:
Kisinger wrote:Wonderful App, though there is only one small problem with it, the Salamic Faith(along with the other Adamite faiths) originated farther North in Samastara. We (the Government and all of it's members) understand that this may be a problem for you in your development of the nation. Our solution is, seeing as though the Salamic faith breaks up in a very different way then it did in real life (It breaks up more in line with that the practice of it changed between various parts of the Caliphate) we thought why not have your sect originate in your nation. I do apologize for it not being your initial idea and we hope you accept this compromise.

Then would Samastara also be what was historically the center and origin of the Caliphate?

The Origin? Yes but probably not the center as despite it's religious significance, the Caliphs more than likely moved farther way to be more geographically center in accordance with the Caliphate. But yes you could say it was. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Trotza
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotza » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Kisinger wrote:
Trotza wrote:Then would Samastara also be what was historically the center and origin of the Caliphate?

The Origin? Yes but probably not the center as despite it's religious significance, the Caliphs more than likely moved farther way to be more geographically center in accordance with the Caliphate. But yes you could say it was. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

No problem, I wasn't that far into detailing the history anyway.

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:51 pm

Trotza wrote:
Kisinger wrote:The Origin? Yes but probably not the center as despite it's religious significance, the Caliphs more than likely moved farther way to be more geographically center in accordance with the Caliphate. But yes you could say it was. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

No problem, I wasn't that far into detailing the history anyway.

We are extremely sorry, however, you could form something akin to a Second Caliphate as well the Salamic faith just implodes, if that helps at all. Just TG me, and I'll work with you.

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:57 pm

App for my Mandate.

National information
Official Name: Int name: Republic of Sutanel - Native name: Gomhoreyyet Adamah - Kehti name: Akhet.
Shortened Name: Internationally Sutanel, natively and in Badawiyya Adamah, and for the Kehti, Akhet.
Requested Location: 'tis already on the map
RP Population: 50 mil? Idk, this can be decided later.
Culture and Ethnicity: The Sutanelese, or Adamahi as they call themselves, are the main population of Sutanel. They are religiously Salamic, and make up the vast majority of the nation (around 75%). Though integrated with Salamic culture quite heavily, they retain customs dating back to Ancient Sutanel. Ethnically they are very similar to the Kehti, though their integration with Salam has led to more admixture with other Badawiyyans.
The Kehti are similar to the Sutanelese ethnically, but are divided through religious and cultural lines. They are Kehtic Sotirians religiously, and mostly reject Salamic cultural influences, though in the present many learn the Sutanelese dialect of Badawiyyan. They make up about 15% of the nation.
There are also various Bahian minorities, both Salamic and Kehtic, and other faiths, of various cultures, living in several Sutanelese regions.
Government Type: Semi-Presidential Republic with several prominent autonomous regions.
Head of State: President Tarek el-Bahur
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mohamed al-Busiri
National Overview: The nation is secular, although Salam is the officially declared religion of all the provinces within the Sutanelese State, and of four out of the seven Autonomous Tribal Regions, and the Tawfeeqi Imamate. Kehtic Sotirianity is the declared religion of the Kingdom of Mewet-Akhet and one of the Autonomous Tribal Regions. The other two Autonomous Tribal Regions profess Bahran Sotirianity, and Solarian Catholic Sotirianity.
To clarify the political divisions of the country, I'll make a crappy graph
-Republic of Sutanel
--State of Sutanel
---Within this are provinces
--Kingdom of Mewet-Akhet
---Within this are a few provinces
--Seven Autonomous Tribal Regions
--Tawfeeqi Imamate

Other:
Factbook: A IIWiki page will be set up
RP Preferences: Character Driven
RP Samples: N/A
Anything else?: Ignore these just badly done etymologies - Native: ʼădâmâh - Adamah - Admah
Exo: Greek Katafýgio Sthénelos tou Perséos tou->Greek 2 Sthéneleia -> Latin -> Sutenelus -> Sutanel/Sudenel/al
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:06 pm

Krugmar wrote:App for my Mandate.

National information
Official Name: Int name: Republic of Sutanel - Native name: Gomhoreyyet Adamah - Kehti name: Akhet.
Shortened Name: Internationally Sutanel, natively and in Badawiyya Adamah, and for the Kehti, Akhet.
Requested Location: 'tis already on the map
RP Population: 50 mil? Idk, this can be decided later.
Culture and Ethnicity: The Sutanelese, or Adamahi as they call themselves, are the main population of Sutanel. They are religiously Salamic, and make up the vast majority of the nation (around 75%). Though integrated with Salamic culture quite heavily, they retain customs dating back to Ancient Sutanel. Ethnically they are very similar to the Kehti, though their integration with Salam has led to more admixture with other Badawiyyans.
The Kehti are similar to the Sutanelese ethnically, but are divided through religious and cultural lines. They are Kehtic Sotirians religiously, and mostly reject Salamic cultural influences, though in the present many learn the Sutanelese dialect of Badawiyyan. They make up about 15% of the nation.
There are also various Bahian minorities, both Salamic and Kehtic, and other faiths, of various cultures, living in several Sutanelese regions.
Government Type: Semi-Presidential Republic with several prominent autonomous regions.
Head of State: President Tarek el-Bahur
Head of Government: Prime Minister Mohamed al-Busiri
National Overview: The nation is secular, although Salam is the officially declared religion of all the provinces within the Sutanelese State, and of four out of the seven Autonomous Tribal Regions, and the Tawfeeqi Imamate. Kehtic Sotirianity is the declared religion of the Kingdom of Mewet-Akhet and one of the Autonomous Tribal Regions. The other two Autonomous Tribal Regions profess Bahran Sotirianity, and Solarian Catholic Sotirianity.
To clarify the political divisions of the country, I'll make a crappy graph
-Republic of Sutanel
--State of Sutanel
---Within this are provinces
--Kingdom of Mewet-Akhet
---Within this are a few provinces
--Seven Autonomous Tribal Regions
--Tawfeeqi Imamate

Other:
Factbook: A IIWiki page will be set up
RP Preferences: Character Driven
RP Samples: N/A
Anything else?: Ignore these just badly done etymologies - Native: ʼădâmâh - Adamah - Admah
Exo: Greek Katafýgio Sthénelos tou Perséos tou->Greek 2 Sthéneleia -> Latin -> Sutenelus -> Sutanel/Sudenel/al

Both Glit and I agree this looks fine, so accepted as your nation II. :P
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:48 pm

National information
Official Name: The Confederacy of Tarsonis

Shortened Name: Confederacy or Tarsonis

Requested Location: Veruga in Asterian Inferior. Also Columbo is you think it is okay.

RP Population: 40 Million.

Culture and Ethnicity: The culture of Tarsonis is largely mixmashed. Local culture is suppressed. The Lustian population controls the core of the culture population, but it is mixed with various Euclean populations. All native cultures (along with “imported “ Bahians)
Ethnic groups are strictly divided along racial lines. The Old Families, the ruling caste composed of the Lustianian populations, are the elite of the elite of society, followed by the other Euclean populations. Mixed Euclean/Native populations are favoured over collaborator (“good”) natives, who are favoured in turn over non-collborators (“bad”) natives who are given more rights than Bahain sharecroppers, who are given no rights.
The Old Families are the richest business owners, who control the government. Thier patriarchs are permanent members of the council, and they use well-placed bribes and their control of the military to control the country.

Government Type: Plutocratic Oligarchy

Head of State: Confederate High Council (de jure) Old Families (de facto)

Head of Government: Confederate Senate

National Overview: The country is a thinly veiled oligarchy/junta poorly veiled by a “democracy” through the Confederate Council. The Confederacy pretends to be a “confederation of willing states” when in reality its economy is funded entirely by enslaved sharecroppers.
The Confederacy’s military is strictly divided by racial lines. The majority of the army is composed of Eucleans, with mixed and natives put in cannon fodder units. The high-point of the army is the well-funded, composed of former dictators and war criminals, which functions as the both the intelligence and secret police to maintain order.

Military Generals and the Old Families control the council. Collaborators and Moles are placed on the senate, to try and convince the natives that there is a democracy. Bahian Slaves are kept in special company towns and watched by PMCs to make sure that they don’t make any moves.
The Confederacy is not very industrialized, as a latecomer to industrialization, only invested parts of the country and the major cities have evidence of industrialization.

Alsponsie Tarsonis was the initial founder of the Confederacy of Verugo and Columbo, and as such it was renamed to his name in an effort to remind the common citizenry who they represent. He died in 1891 at the age of 91. He was the patriarch of the extinct Tarsonis Family. Verugo and Columbo achieved independence from Lusitana
in 1840, where it promptly segregated it’s population among racial lines, and placed military leaders and rich businessmen in charge of the country. It engaged in slavery in Coius and Bahia. Populations of slaves were established in the Confederacy to save costs (as they could breed their own slaves instead of buying them.

Around 1911, the Confederacy began industrialization. The Old Families began investing in natural resources and building mines and quarries, and the military got to work rounding up the native populace and imported slave populations to build up these new farms.

During the Great War, the Confederacy sent over a army group, called the Confederate Expeditionary Army, composing of around 10 regiments, including two aircraft units, to aid the Entente in the war. This unit was totally destroyed around the end of the war, and the Confederacy withdrew its support when Asteria entered the war. The Confederacy secretly maintained its support for the Entente, and provided protection and refuge for entente officials when the war was over.
In modern times, the Confederacy largely remains quiet, only trying to capitalize on business opportunities. It supports anti-communist organizations but also maintains chilly relations with DITO, and it neutral in affairs that do not concern it.

Other:
Factbook: I will make an Iiwiki.
RP Preferences: I have no real preferences.
RP Samples: I'm known round' these parts, boy.
Anything else?:
The parts about other countries (for example, the expats from Svetlandia) have been discussed with their respective OOC person. (Svet was the one who told me about it that needed to "unload" hundreds of Svet immigrants in the 1900s/1800s. I assume they would of been recruited into the army, to help supress the native populations.
Last edited by Commonwealth of Hank the Cat on Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:20 am

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:
National information

Requested Location: Veruga in Asterian Inferior. Also Columbo is you think it is okay.

RP Population: 200 Million (Euclean immigration in the 1900s caused a small surge in the population)

Culture and Ethnicity: The culture of Tarsonis is largely mixmashed. Local culture is suppressed. The Lustian population controls the core of the culture population, but it is mixed with various Euclean populations. All native cultures (along with “imported “ Bahians)
Ethnic groups are strictly divided along racial lines. The Old Families, the ruling caste composed of the Lustianian populations, are the elite of the elite of society, followed by the other Euclean populations. Mixed Euclean/Native populations are favoured over collaborator (“good”) natives, who are favoured in turn over non-collborators (“bad”) natives who are given more rights than Bahain sharecroppers, who are given no rights.
The Old Families are the richest business owners, who control the government. Thier patriarchs are permanent members of the council, and they use well-placed bribes and their control of the military to control the country.

National Overview: The country is a thinly veiled oligarchy/junta poorly veiled by a “democracy” through the Confederate Council. The Confederacy pretends to be a “confederation of willing states” when in reality its economy is funded entirely by enslaved sharecroppers.
The Confederacy’s military is strictly divided by racial lines. The majority of the army is composed of Eucleans, with mixed and natives put in cannon fodder units. The high-point of the army is the well-funded, composed of former dictators and war criminals, which functions as the both the intelligence and secret police to maintain order.

Military Generals and the Old Families control the council. Collaborators and Moles are placed on the senate, to try and convince the natives that there is a democracy. Bahian Slaves are kept in special company towns and watched by PMCs to make sure that they don’t make any moves.
The Confederacy is not very industrialized, as a latecomer to industrialization, only invested parts of the country and the major cities have evidence of industrialization.

Alsponsie Tarsonis was the initial founder of the Confederacy of Verugo and Columbo, and as such it was renamed to his name in an effort to remind the common citizenry who they represent. He died in 1891 at the age of 91. He was the patriarch of the extinct Tarsonis Family. Verugo and Columbo achieved independence from Lusitana
in 1840, where it promptly segregated it’s population among racial lines, and placed military leaders and rich businessmen in charge of the country. It engaged in slavery in Coius and Bahia. Populations of slaves were established in the Confederacy to save costs (as they could breed their own slaves instead of buying them.

Around 1911, the Confederacy began industrialization. The Old Families began investing in natural resources and building mines and quarries, and the military got to work rounding up the native populace and imported slave populations to build up these new farms.

During the Great War, the Confederacy sent over a army group, called the Confederate Expeditionary Army, composing of around 10 regiments, including two aircraft units, to aid the Entente in the war. This unit was totally destroyed around the end of the war, and the Confederacy withdrew its support when Asteria entered the war. The Confederacy secretly maintained its support for the Entente, and provided protection and refuge for entente officials when the war was over.
In modern times, the Confederacy largely remains quiet, only trying to capitalize on business opportunities. It supports anti-communist organizations but also maintains chilly relations with DITO, and it neutral in affairs that do not concern it.

Other:
Anything else?:
The parts about other countries (for example, the expats from Svetlandia) have been discussed with their respective OOC person. (Svet was the one who told me about it that needed to "unload" hundreds of Svet immigrants in the 1900s/1800s. I assume they would of been recruited into the army, to help supress the native populations.

Glit and I will need to discuss both the population - which I think is too high - and the aspect of you using up both Veruga and Columbo.

I'd also assume your country gained independence in the late 18th century, during the :notNapoleonicWars: and Lusitana's annexation/besting by the Caesenans.

Other than that I can't really think of anything other than perhaps a name change, because Tarsonis doesn't sound too Spanish/Portuguese, but that's a minor issue.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:33 am

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:
National information

RP Population: 200 Million (Euclean immigration in the 1900s caused a small surge in the population)

Other:
Anything else?:

Glit and I will need to discuss both the population - which I think is too high - and the aspect of you using up both Veruga and Columbo.

I'd also assume your country gained independence in the late 18th century, during the :notNapoleonicWars: and Lusitana's annexation/besting by the Caesenans.

Other than that I can't really think of anything other than perhaps a name change, because Tarsonis doesn't sound too Spanish/Portuguese, but that's a minor issue.

Okay, thank you.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:51 pm

ditto on the pop size, 43-53 mil is a solid number there.

In terms of size, well it isn't really like real estate is so hot in Asteria Inferior so I don't find an issue with that personally.

In regards to the name, meh. Tarsonia is more Latin sounding but I'm not too bothered.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:13 am

Okay, I will change it to 40 million, is that okay?

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:19 am

Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:Okay, I will change it to 40 million, is that okay?

Now we just need a way for Kaxakh to invade you again
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Commonwealth of Hank the Cat » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:21 am

Elepis wrote:
Commonwealth of Hank the Cat wrote:Okay, I will change it to 40 million, is that okay?

Now we just need a way for Kaxakh to invade you again

Yeah, pretty much.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information