NATION

PASSWORD

The War Cry of Uncle Sam IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:04 am

Roosevelt FIeld, Long Island

"Are you OK?" Tiffany asked, looking concerned.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:36 am

Chicago, Illinois

Over the last two months, the United States had grown strong.

For nearly the first time since the coup, they were at peace-relative peace, at least. The "governments" that had rebelled against their Constitutional government were not recognized-their leaders remained enemies of the state, but the active conflicts, at the least, had stalled.

There was much to rebuild. With the sudden dissolution of TRAC, the majority shareholders in Berkshire-Hathaway bought out the remainder, leaving them with a near-monopoly that the smaller, ill-funded, and wounded eastern railways could not compete with. Their war had been legendary-until the United States moved to seize their assets. Berkshire, well anticipating such a move, rebelled with limited local support, and pulled its engines out as best it could, destroying its own assets in the process, fleeing south to the Confederacy, or west into the Constitutional Republic. Yet another blow to the infrastructure already so harmed by the war, so slowly being rebuilt.

Still, the United States pushed on. The Understanding campaign, weakened by so many blows, had essentially collapsed. Its few remaining members , finding themselves part of a group classified as a terrorist organization, went underground, or repudiated the movement, accepting the pardons offered. It existed, still, and some sympathies still lay in the population-but as days turned to weeks turned to months without riots or bloodshed, the appeal of its views dimmed to near-nothing.

Divides had opened, though, between the core territories and the Midwest. Though not long enough to cause permanent damage, the strikes, war, and lack of material had injured the Midwest-and as competition came again, those protected industries, long benefiting from subsidy, struggled. Many survived, pushed on, and succeeded, others fell by the wayside.

The draft remained in effect, mitigating unemployment somewhat, as the President's mass worker program continued. Wounded warriors struggled through the system and with little money on-hand to be loaned out, budgets became problematic-but little spouts of quantitative easing helped alleviate the strain.

The rebuilding of the military was not going to be complete, by any means, for years to come-but a covering over of the losses would at least be temporarily possible. Lima was hopeless to rebuild, but Detroit continued to push on, resupplying armored divisions. The manufacture of aircraft to replace the devastated carrier wings was placed as a priority-but even with the resources on-hand, it was by necessity a painfully slow process.

Domestic policy had been, moreso even than before, melded to fit the President's will. With the Midwest crushed, the Confederacy focused inward, Texas licking its wounds from the Peninsular War, the Mississippi League disintegrating into Freedonia, and the NAR, or whatever it was calling itself these days, fallen into irrelevance, there were no sufficient external threats to interfere with progress-and with DIAMOND's funding gone, its recruiting pool dried up, and the combined might of the Pentagon, NSA, FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, and even ICE working to lock it, and any other intelligence agencies, out, was nearly neutered, as they waited in the shadows. The people had frankly been wearied of the constant political dissent, and latched onto stability and security, whatever its guise.

And thus the United States changed, the same government-a new ideology. Stull's loyal supermajorities in the legislature, with those Congressmen who remained in Washington originally being those who sided with him, and the new representatives from the Midwest similarly along the party line, helped ensure that legislation rode by easily, in a one-party dominance not seen since the Hundred Days, or the Great Society.

It was a government designed to protect the Constitution, to protect its ideals of liberty, and of freedom-yet a government dominated by federal power. The draft continued, being expanded to the Midwest and the Northeast just as it had the Eastern areas. The first batches of these new draftees were ready, as was the second wave from the East. It was a military necessity, yes, but also a social one, in Stull's eyes. These hundreds of thousands of young men would be a bulwark of defense for the nation, physically, of course, but would also be a bulwark socially and politically, turning punk teens into caring young men, and citizens that would be involved in the political populace. This military-trained and government-taught class was the core of the nation.

Just as that governmental influence grew, so did efforts to cut down on the authority and power of its two greatest competitors-the corporate world, and organized religion. Economically, what little trade still existed internationally was strangled by the immediate withdrawl from near every free trade agreement, and the immediate establishment of heavy tariffs. Businesses with overseas operations saw taxes come hammering down for their profits there, and the restrictions on leaving the United States still continued-tax collectors still attempt to collect for businesses in the areas in rebellion, but the operations within the loyal United States itself remained barred from expanding elsewhere-a chafing restriction now somewhat lessened by the opening of the Midwest. Various strict regulations aimed to curtail corporate power, electorally, and from an economic perspective, rolled through, and trust-busting efforts moved into full swing.

Religiously, the legislation was much the same. Religion itself was not the problem, nor faith-but religion on an organized level. Large, centralized denominations saw restrictions, as did many churches, tax-free statuses were lost, and large-group religious activities were regulated. Personal expressions of faith remained cherished, with that level of cherishing decreasing rapidly concurrent to the level of organization or size. A great deal of fury arose around these restrictions-moreso than any of the others, but never quite amassed the popular support needed to overturn them. Some efforts were weakened in legislative revolt, but, by and large, particularly in the core, eastern, United States, there were simply not enough people willing to get into another fight over something such as religion, which was not as important to them.

Despite the emigration lockdown, many attempted to flee. The United Provinces looked like a safe haven-but their border fencing and American guards made the situation untenable. Some fled to the Confederacy, or the Mississippi League, others along a popular route-soon shut down by Federal forces, to the Freedonian territory near Long Island.

The generously instated welfare continued, though funds remained strained, as government work crews continued their efforts, primarily in the agricultural sphere. The nation could feed itself once again, and the East was becoming better at it, as war damage was left by the wayside in favor of industrial and agriculture development.

Now, feeling his position secure, and knowing that further delay would invite disaster, the President began to take the steps to ensure the reunificaton of the United States. The troop movements were not advertised, but could hardly be hidden, as tens of thousands of men were pulled from their bases in Rock Island, and near Chicago, and divisions set to marching, assembling in the East. Perhaps a week remained after their movements became enough to be noticed before they were ready-and in that week, it would begin.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:50 am

Prolieum wrote:

"Are you OK?" Tiffany asked, looking concerned.

Assad shook his head slightly. "I don't know. I . . . I like you . . . in a way . . . I thought we'd be just friends after you confronted Williams but then you kinda tossed me away and I feel horrible that I got upset over that. Ever since I got here, I've felt lost and I don't even know why I'm here. I don't even think I should be here. I left Syria because I made the mistake of traveling to North America, even though it was for diplomatic purposes, I ended up wanting to come back . . . and I realized I couldn't keep doing that as president, and . . . I wound up quitting in order to just wander and try to find myself."
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Holloman
The few troops left surrendered after frying their tech.

Austin, Texas
Kiser stood in the Texas Situation Room. Five circles were light up on the screen. Kiser said "Not all the tech was fried. Well we planned for this. Activate the kill switch and fry everything high tech those SPARTANS had on them."
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

United Earth Space Command
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Earth Space Command » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:12 am

Many of the partisinos were surprised when the SPARTANS started having explosives go off on the inside as the apparently heartless Texan commanders stuffed their own troops full of explosives but at least they did not kill the live ones. They still dragged off the armor though and would study the bodies and modifications as they pulled the loot off of the base to the piles of other hardware that they had taken. Most relaxed after that but a few worked on making a better barricade for the road with a second wall.
Last edited by United Earth Space Command on Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:36 am

Tiffany scrunched up her face in apparent confusion. "You were the President? Of Syria?"
Male.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:40 am

Prolieum wrote:

Tiffany scrunched up her face in apparent confusion. "You were the President? Of Syria?"

"Yes, yes, I was," Assad replied, still feeling awkward.
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:42 am

"Oh." She was not exactly sure what to say to that. She had not expected the sort-of weird guy to be a world leader on a soul trip.
Male.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:54 am

Prolieum wrote:

"Oh." She was not exactly sure what to say to that. She had not expected the sort-of weird guy to be a world leader on a soul trip.

"Again, I just---I'm very lost right now, and . . . I'm sorry." Assad saw the look on her face. "I have no power anymore. I'm nobody, now."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Earth Space Command » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:03 pm

It took some time for those in Anahuac to notice that Texas was starting to mobilize itself against them on a small scale and Ortiz decided to respond in kind. A full-scale mobilization of the Anahuacan military was ordered. The levies in the west would be sent east to join the assembling Revolutionary Guard units already there with the White Guard made ready also. Their limited armor was assembled but kept in the capitol at Yu'um while plans were drawn up to forward deploy their Air Force and Project Slingshot was gotten ready.

They sent a message to Borinquen asking for assistance in a possible upcoming conflict. However Premier Toro did not respond favorably. They were intending to attempt to avert a war and pressed for Ortiz to make an offer to avert it and she did so. Doña Ortiz offered to remove all partisinos from Texan territory if they ceded their New Mexican territory to Anahuac.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:43 pm

United Earth Space Command wrote:It took some time for those in Anahuac to notice that Texas was starting to mobilize itself against them on a small scale and Ortiz decided to respond in kind. A full-scale mobilization of the Anahuacan military was ordered. The levies in the west would be sent east to join the assembling Revolutionary Guard units already there with the White Guard made ready also. Their limited armor was assembled but kept in the capitol at Yu'um while plans were drawn up to forward deploy their Air Force and Project Slingshot was gotten ready.

They sent a message to Borinquen asking for assistance in a possible upcoming conflict. However Premier Toro did not respond favorably. They were intending to attempt to avert a war and pressed for Ortiz to make an offer to avert it and she did so. Doña Ortiz offered to remove all partisinos from Texan territory if they ceded their New Mexican territory to Anahuac.

After receiving the offer the Texas government sent a counter offer. They offered to give the land to Anuac but only if Texas got to take all of their equipment, people, and stuff out first. Texas also wants to keep Holloman and have a 1 mile radius around Hollomam and the path to it be given to Texas.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Earth Space Command » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:49 pm

The Anahuacans responded. The Texan equipment and people still in Texan hands would be brought back to Texas but all New Mexican territory would have to be ceded without exception.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:24 pm

United Earth Space Command wrote:The Anahuacans responded. The Texan equipment and people still in Texan hands would be brought back to Texas but all New Mexican territory would have to be ceded without exception.

Texas sent back a response. The land in the North of New Mexico will be given to Anuac after the Texas people/stuff are back in Texas. Texas will not make a deal that ends without Texas having Holloman. Texas wants a 1 mile zone around Holloman that keeps any unauthorized persons or aircraft out of it and wants joint control of the path to Holloman. Texas also offers to sign a joint nonaggression pact.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Earth Space Command » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:26 pm

The response back was simple and apologetic.

"Sorry then. If that is the case then there is nothing that we can do."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:39 pm

The Eight Days’ War, The Untold Stories

A conflict, long in brewing, yet suddenly appearing. Flurries of death and violence and then, suddenly, peace. A fight of unlikely allies, and unseen treason, a war with a time measured in days, but a cost measured in billions. Stay with us tonight, as we delve into this recent conflict, we expose what governments and soldiers never wanted you to know-and what they wish you did. We, tonight, uncover the very essence of the still-fresh conflict, and show it to you. The Eight Days’ War, the Untold Story-tonight.

The roots of war lie where they always do-in the Great Coup. In the span of days, the United States went from a nation united for over one hundred and fifty years, to a squabbling pit of clashing factions and warlords-a situation that the nation’s neighbors looked on with interest on the chaos-and the people trapped within it looked on them with a glimmer of hope. As the nation fragmented, in the south, a bold decision was made, and a risky offer accepted. Southern Arizona, New Mexico, and California, the Union dissolved, joined another United States-the United States of Mexico, and so were the seeds of conflict laid. They did not take long to sprout.

March ninth. The early morning sun rising in southern California, spreading its rays at last to the western half of the continent. Mexican soldiers, on simple patrols in the newly-added territory, receive what will be the last surprise of their lives. Californian armor-M1 Abrams tanks, strike south. No warning is given, no declaration of war made, no grievances listed. Once the Mexicans are within range, the Californians fire, and the woefully underequipped troops, with nothing more than a handful of armored fighting vehicles to combat the tanks, fall back in disarray, armored pincers butchering their men. Within a single day, the tiny occupation force has fled across the border, and California reclaims the rich lands in the south. A simple battle, the shortest of wars, and one with no immediate consequence. Mexican troops eye the border warily, but do not dare to cross it. For months, nothing happens. The war is forgotten, cast aside-but its ripples spread.

The second blow, the deciding blow, came shortly after. Texas, without a declaration of war, a statement of grievances, or even a warning, launched an assault on Mexican territories in New Mexico-territories that would shortly revolt, and become Messo-America. The Mexicans again retreated, and with this shock, the nation broke.

The devastation in Mexico City was far greater than the devastation upon the battlefield. The very ethos of Mexico had been shaken to its very core. The nation spent less on its military than nearly any other nation, had formally renounced war as a means of resolving conflicts. They had peaceably and democratically added territory to their nation, and found themselves under attack-but more than that, found themselves defenseless. Not even in a war with a country, but a conflict with a single state of the former United States had left them defeated, humiliated-and with the sudden, unannounced attacks, left the country fearful of invasions at any time. The government was overturned, new elections held, liberals driven out, and war-minded conservatives swept into power. While in the north, the factions struggled in their own conflicts, looked within their own borders, all of Mexico was gearing for war.

By the end of June, they thought themselves ready, and the President executed a simple plan. The remnants Army of Texas returned from the Appalachian War. Their campaign, their fight in the Battle of Columbus, had whittled them away to a shadow of what they were before-the core of the Texan army was down, the Texan Air Force grievously wounded, and Mexico ready.

Mexico mobilized, and its forces massed on the border of the Rio Grande, present for a rather tense series of negotiations with President Kiser, the man who had ordered the unprovoked assaults against them earlier. Details are scares, but the nations came within a hairsbreadth of war before averting it, a deal reached. Mexico received some military equipment, and a detachment of their troops marched into Texan territory, to the Alamo, where they symbolically drove out the Texan garrison, and raised the Mexican flag above the once-defiant fort. The troops did not leave the border, though. Texas was being brought into the looming conflict, like it or not.

The first spark of conflict came with a failed Texan attempt to seize the U.S.S. Midway, but the Californian response, diplomatically and militarily was almost nonexistent. Mexican troops had flooded Tijuana, and were posted in several locations just south of the Californian border, as well as the Rio Grande. Mexico had used the months since their humiliation well. The nationwide conscription was brought into full force, and expanded, and the reserves were called up in full. Civilian factories streaked to a halt, changing from cars to tanks, as a wave of patriotic fervor swept the country. Taxes were raised, bonds were sold, and goods were scrimped and saved to give all to the mass rearmament, as Mexico, long a country peaceful on the international change, found themselves reversing course. The groups previously in power were shocked, agitating against the changes-but the populace was angry, and anger turned to patriotism-patriotism led to war. The deal struck with Texas seemed to have insisted on Texan troops joining the force within a handful of days. Some fifteen hundred Marines did join, basing themselves in Tijuana, and launching their failed attack-but the main body of the Texan Army did not. President Kiser seemed occupied with the funeral of a woman who turned out not to be his wife-and the Texan militia conscript army was called up for a week’s refresher training. Some two hundred thousand rejected the call, and those who did come found their training a chaotic, understaffed, logistically impossible mess. Texan coffers, near-empty, continued to throw resources at this army, and at the coastal wall, risking outright bankruptcy-until a sudden influx of cash freed Kiser’s government to spend at will-this sudden gift, or perhaps loan, is of questionable origin, Mexico, perhaps, but the funding is in question, foreign groups, bullied out of their own citizens-or perhaps even the Freedonian lending fund.

The stage was finally set for the war to begin, as Texan troops slowly amassed south of the border, near the main Mexican force in Tijuana, and ahead of its various reserve lines. Well over a week had passed due to the Texan delay, more than enough time for the Californians to notice the collection of troops-but no action was taken. Various reasons have been floated for this-political indecision or infighting, a tactical concern, wishing to fight on the defensive, a wish to appear the victim to the international community by allowing the enemy to strike first, placing them as the defending and beleaguered party-but even these reasons do not account for the lack of mobilization of Californian forces-and our research has found that this lethargy stems from a simple, fundamental miscalculation-The Allen brothers simply did not believe that Texas or Mexico had the guts to strike at them-and if our readings of the Texan attitudes towards the alliance are correct, they were likely right-but a combination of two factors led to the assault. First-the Mexican push, of course, but that was not near enough-rather the appointing of a Joint Commander of the forces-a Texan, actually, politically at least-General Guerrero. It would be his joint leadership that made the war possible-and most agree that it was his unique positioning-if not his tactics and strategy, that were responsible for the Texan-Mexican victory.

The war began early in the morning, with a simple advance. Vehicles had been conscripted and obtained throughout Texas for this purpose-tens of thousands of pickups, and other such automobiles-”technicals”. These would carry the Texan militia onward, with the absence of a formal mechanized force.

The stage was set-the Texans crossed the border, waving flags and cheering-and the Californians responded.

Shock and Awe. It perfectly described the Californian reaction-in more ways than one. The Californian populace, military, and politicians were stunned by the brazen assault. Few had really expected an attack to come-but surveillance on the border meant that within moments of the first crossing, the whole nation-state was aware that they were being invaded. The government scrambled to find a response. Militia units, established earlier as a aid to police forces, were to be militarized. The flotilla sent with supplies to Stull’s government in Washington was to make flank speed to the Mediterranean. All available military units were being put together and prepared for the war. Most controversially, though, was a mass draft, immediately instituted-two million were expected to join in, over half of the entirety of the military-ready population within the young adult range in which they were sought. They were not given weapons, organization, or a plan-just told to make their way to Sacramento to prepare for war.

Those were the policies of later though-the initial response was far more physical. The massive Californian fleet unloaded on the advancing troops, missile after missile striking with killing force. It became a massacre. The Texans had no response, the ten miles between them and San Diego seeming an insurmountable gap. Many fled, only to be shot by their own comrades for their attempted desertion. Some made it through anyway. Many were killed, more were wounded-many of them to die thanks to the lack of sufficient medical personnel and equipment. It was the bloodiest bombardment in human history.
Still, though, out of fear or courage, the Texans pushed on. Elite Mexican units, sliding along the right flank, entered the city soon after the Texan militia broke the initial Californian defenses, and street-to-street fighting began in the boroughs of San Diego-the attacking forces attempting to adhere to conventions of warfare, with general success. Just north of the city, though, the Marines of Camp Pendleton had ordered themselves, and prepared to defend the city-and found themselves the victim of what their seaborne friends had just visited upon the Texans.

Almost immediately after the outbreak of war, the Constitutional Republic and Confederate States, apparently anticipating such a happening, had made a declaration of neutrality-but threatened action if war crimes were committed, including the targeting of civilian populaces. This massive missile strike, though, fired from a Texan submarine safely in-harbor was not at a civilian populace-but at Pendleton itself. Many of the Marines managed to escape-many were not so lucky. The success of the strike was the result of a highly unfortunate choice of deployment for the Californian navy. Apparently seeing the fleet as vulnerable in-harbor, they were pulled offshore by executive order-and were thus unable to intercept the oncoming Tomahawk missiles.

In many ways, the Battle of San Diego was the pivotal moment of the war. The Californians had a real chance to break the allied forces early, to halt their momentum-and with time on their side, drive them back, open a second front-win. It did not happen-for two principal reasons.

The first was the sudden appearance, in the Texan 1st Cavalry, united with Mexican forces to be the main striking force of the approach, entering after the militia and moving north of the city, of PATRIOT missile launchers. Attacks from Californian carrier-based aircraft were thwarted by the sudden deployment of these weapons-then once again when a second group failed to recognize the enemy having such missiles, preventing the destruction of the critical Texan armor. The Californians, seemingly seeking to minimize launches, never again attempted to press the attack against this primary strike unit.

The second, though, and perhaps more critical reason for the failure was the appalling handling of units in the battle. Part of it was due to a somewhat confused chain of command-militia units, Army units from before the coup, new Army units, and new Marine units, all attempting to fight together-but the principle reason was constant meddling with the forces from above-the Allens, while failing to recognize the situation on the ground, which led to a crushing defeat in what could have been a decisive victory.
The first field battle occurred throughout the afternoon, the 1st Cavalry engaging the 40th Mechanized. The forces were fairly evenly matched with the Californians maintaining an edge in their tanks being better-crewed, but Mexican RPG-29 anti-tank weapons proved devastating, and the fight went poorly for the Californians, until they escaped under repeatedly airstrikes, ramming themselves against the PATRIOT umbrella. Within the city, the Texan-Mexican forces faced disaster. Marine units-and, most critically, Marine armor, for which the attackers had little counter, had stopped the enemy forces, and now gave ground slowly, inflicting grievous and disproportionate casualties. Had they continued their defense, San Diego may have been held-but then came the disaster. First came the order to collect all available armor-which left the Marines without their support. Other orders came in to move to the city centre, leading to a retreat-then ordering them back to the front lines. The fourteen thousand odd new Army members on the front lines were further confused by the orders, arriving late, and the chaos continued. Ultimately, the Marines were shuttled back and forth until outflanked, fleeing to the docks, shots fired into their backs the whole while, few managing to escape, while the Army men, shuttled back and forth, finally were ordered to break out north-directly into the jaws of the 1st Cavalry-and with the 40th Mechanized pulled back, without any kind of support. Only Gonzalez’s unwillingness to press the fleeing troops allowed some to escape-but San Diego was lost.

Strategically, all the Texans and Mexicans had done was to seize a little over ten miles of territory-though Mexican small-unit fighters were spreading into the east to secure more, undeterred by generally ineffective, spread-out missile strikes-but tactically, the battle in the south had deprived California of a reasonable percentage of its combat strength, and, more importantly, given the forces a fallback point for any Californian thrust, a city to defend.

Despite the loss of San Diego, though, the Californians elected not to use their southern units in counter-attack, or to counter-attack at all. Over the next several days, militia forces would be used to harass supply lines, then hurled in suicidal attacks against trained soldiers, but the Allens insisted on concentrating all of their strength around Sacramento, where militia forces would be pulled in from across the state, along with the new recruits. As the Texans and Mexicans consolidated the Californian military allowed them to.

The next day saw two minor interventions, with risks of escalation that never occurred, happened, with Midwestern forces violating their treaty with the United States to bring several thousand troops in to hold locations under corporate ownership, and to act as peacekeepers. Instead, they essentially took over small portions of Californian territory, blocking it from the Texans and Mexicans-but no harm came from it-nor to a Floridian group that seized control of a Californian airport for the purposes of “evacuating refugees” despite being well behind the front lines. The odd situation appeared to be a misunderstanding, and the seizure was undone without incident. In San Diego, the Texans, under orders from their President, made two apparent goodwill gestures. Texan military supplies, water, in particular, were handed out to the locals, while aircraft landed in the city for the purpose of “evacuating” citizens from their homes-some went along happily-the Midwesterners were doing something similar for their citizens, others-allegedly, less so.

The conflict on this second day of the Eight Days’ War was primarily on the seas, when the collected Texan navy encountered the Californian forces hunting them, in part- Cruiser-Destroyer Group 1. Such was the strength of the Californian navy that this battle was a fairly even contest-though the tactics displayed a lack of ability to use that strength. With the range advantage, the Californians still moved closer, and fired a light, scattered volley, causing minor damage-to which the Texan fleet responded with a full-scale fusillade of all RIM missiles, aimed solely at the enemy’s two cruisers-a more successful attack, crippling both. The Californians abandoned their ships and quit the field, and the Texans survived to fight another day-but had had their vulnerability laid bare.

A second assault also occurred-two separate air assaults on enemy ships. The Californian one was limited, sending off its Harriers to assault the Texan force. The Texan one was not so. Essentially its entire air force outside of its heavy bombers was launched, its fighters intercepting-and successfully bringing down-the assaulting force-its drone fleet going after the Californian ships in-dock at Jamaica, believed to be preparing for an invasion near Houston-where the Texans had moved their entire reserve. The drone assault was met by Californian F-35s, who sliced through them-but to no avail. They, quite simply, ran out of missiles before the Texans ran out of drones. The survivors launched suicide ramming attacks, following the Texan strategy of focusing on a limited number of vessels-and two landing ships were destroyed, at the cost of the drone assault force-a trade-off that was not unexpected for Gonzalez.

The night ended with little change on the ground-until came a blow to the Californians that stunned the world.

The Rocky Mountain Union had been seen as a minor player, at best, by most of the world-a small country, almost a demi-state of Freedonia’s. This shattered those expectations. A sudden, all-out assault upon multiple fronts blitzed through undefended Californian territory, seizing massive swathes of land, the militia units defending them massively outnumbered and outgunned-many did not even choose to fight. In an instant, the entire balance of the war had changed-and California was now fighting on two fronts.

The next days, though, brought some additional hope to the Californians. The Texan fleet was gone, sold off to Borinquen-necessary to protect it from destruction at the hands of the Californians, but also eliminating the only force that could contest them in the Caribbean, so long as Borinquen remained neutral. The invasion fleet from Jamaica was launched, as CSG 1 moved in. On the mainland, after a day of rest-or lethargy-the Texans advanced on Los Angeles, another bloody slog, but here failed to breach the lines of the militia forces south of the city. Mexican units began to operate independently, a combination of possible dissatisfaction with Guerrero, and orders from their Presidente, and made their advance along mountainous routes, putting them in position to strike westward into Los Angeles, rather than the Texan southern approach.
The city began to descend into chaos. Help was not coming. The Californians had launched a pincer assault against the Rocky Mountain Union with the intent of driving them out of California entirely-and while it was working perfectly, all the Angelenos cared about was their city facing an oncoming horde. Looting and rioting broke out, overworked police attempting to stop it-some fled, others turned traitor-and the Coalition prepared for their final assault.

The city’s fall was rapid in the extreme, incredible, unheard of in modern warfare-but a byproduct of the lack of defense. The young population of the city had been stripped away, drafted into the mass armies. The remainder were demoralized, resentful of the draft, first, and the abandonment, second. Some even favored the Mexican side-but with nothing but a scarce few militia and angered civilians to defend the city, and those often dealing with rioters and looters, there was nothing to be done. The Texans and Mexicans took the City of Angels.

In what turned out to be a side-note in the war-but at the time seemed near-catastrophic, was a small skirmish along the Nevadan border that left several Freedonians dead. The Californian invasion of the Rocky Mountain Union had, by necessity-run into the Freedonian troops stationed there-but California could not afford another war, and Freedonia was not willing to involve itself in such-a rather cold formal apology was made, and the incident was moved on from.

For the Rocky Mountain Union, at this time, joining the war was appearing to be an increasingly poor decision. Their forces had been thrown back along every front-though, thanks to their strategy of constant retreat-or running away, depending on how generous one wishes to be, they had not suffered many casualties-but the eastern pincer had now entered the Rocky Mountain Union, and they faced a very real threat of having their homeland taken by the vastly larger Californian force. Conventionally, they were sorely outmatched, and so the unconventional was adopted. Using mercenaries from the infamous United Provinces, massive forest fires were set-cutting off the Californian advance. Water was absolutely critical in the state, the blocking of the Colorado River vanquishing reserves, and so none was allotted to fight the fire, which scoured its way across the rural northlands of the state, and even into the RMU itself, God, it seemed, was giving the Unionites a bit of a scorch for their cheek.

The Californians, having swapped their force back and forth, ignoring the north and allowing the RMU to invade, then ignoring the south and allowing the Texans and Mexicans to take Los Angeles, now moved to overcommit a third time-an ultimate assault, all they had. For once, they were truly going to war, and after a days’ preparation, they had it.
That was their perspective, at least. To the rest of the world, peace seemed at hand-a conference had been agreed to in Denver, and negotiations were being undergone-but, critically, there was no formal cease-fire. The diplomacy only bought California time for their hidden strike.

The attack began at midnight. A night assault when the majority of the army was wholly untrained was generally not thought of as a wise tactic-but, at the least the timing was such that it was not necessary to actually fight at night. Some military error or other had led to the march beginning at midnight rather than the conflict itself-and as such, the battles did not begin until the early morning. The other strikes, though, rocked the night. Californian warships in the gulf sent cruise missiles and strike aircraft against Mexican airfields and military centres, with great effect. Mexico had, until that point, been shielded from the war-and now was struck, and that strike caused panic among the citizenry, as a emergency defense mobilization was almost called into action-but blocked by more level heads, urging calm. In the state though, was the movement of over half a million troops, in three colossal Army Groups, against the Texan and Mexican lines.

Already, at this stage, there was some tension between the Texans and Mexicans, understandable, given previous actions, but rumors at the time floated about of a Texan betrayal-though these were dismissed as scuttlebutt. More annoying to many were the actions of Gonzalez-the Texans had taken the brunt of the casualties, the Mexicans still chafed under the Texan’s command, but the rumors, perhaps, should have had more heed paid to them-as it would later be found that the Texan President was in secret communication with California even now. That communication would lead to the dramatic double-treason that marked the final battle of the war-the largest engagements ever fought on American soil.

The first engagement was north of Los Angeles, where the elite Texan units-the Texan National Guard, and the 1st Cavalry, blunted and halted the Californian attack-and then, as the other Army Groups engaged, came the fateful order. President Kiser, personally, bypassing General Guerrero, ordered the Texan units to betray their Mexican allies, and to stand down.

It became utter chaos. Some refused to surrender, but most, bewildered, threw down their arms. The western flank, containing the elites, actually had radio communication, and recieved the order effectively-and so submitted themselves to the Californians. The militia, though, in the center and in the east, were not effectively tied into Command and Control. Some received the orders, but it was sporadic, across a several dozen-mile line, some thought the surrender was a rumor, and confusion reigned along the Texan front-made worse when General Guerrero countermanded the order, adding a power struggle to the chaos.

This was the moment of highest hope for the Californians. The Texans were beaten-and at that very same time, the Californian forces landed in Mexico, the militia from Jamaica, equipped better than any other such force in California, they forged a bloody landing, and carved out a beachhead. It seemed that the war was about to be won…

Until Texas turned its coat again.

Kiser sent a new message to the troops, ordering them to once again take up arms and fight. It was a war crime-but it was also remarkably effective, and neither Freedonia nor the Confederacy involved themselves, despite their earlier ultimatums. On the critical western flank, the Texans were now tightly packed near the Californians, and fought at close-quarters, in a chaotic mess that led to the un-uniformed militia suffering substantial blue-on-blue, both Californians and Texans alike. In the east, the Californian forces crushed the Texan lines, and the Mexicans behind them fled-and they struck west for Los Angeles-in the center, the opposite happened-and they too began to move towards the coast. Night fell on the bloody day, Texans and Californian dead littering the fields. The war was back on, it seemed, and with the masses of troops arrayed, the fight seemed as if it would be endless-if not for one, final gambit by the Rocky Mountain Union.

So badly beaten before, the RMU troops had cleverly circled around through their own territory to evade the units keeping watch on them-enabling one more nighttime assault, this one, at inexplicably undefended Sacramento. The forces arrived quickly, fought their way through the few defenders-and took their shot at capturing the President, in a series of street-to-street fights that we still struggle to find the specifics of today.

It was not to be, though. The diplomats had come through. Several vehicles escaped the city-whether President and General Allen were on those, or pinned by the RMU was unknown-that vagary fueled both sides in the negotiation, but an agreement had been reached. The battle in that room was almost as fierce as outside. Texas had made a proposal that seemed to have no purpose other than to insult the Mexican allies they had just earlier betrayed, proposing a border set south of San Diego, less than a single percent of what the Mexicans and Texans had taken. Eventually, Kiser was brought in line-but a chink had been exposed, and pressed on-until finally a foreign actor brought the meeting to an end dramatically. A hybrid offer on the table was endorsed by the CSA, but, more importantly, backed up by them. They threatened war against California if the deal was not accepted-and there was little choice but to agree.

The Mexicans and Texans lost some territory-the RMU gained a great deal more, and several smaller clauses laid the hurt on California further. It was not the harshest of peaces-but not a generous one, and perhaps one that laid the scene for future conflict-but it was at last over. In barely over a weeks’ time, hundreds of thousands had been killed, wounded, or lost. Billions of dollars were destroyed. Nations bonded together, and broke apart. The history of the West, of the Western world, would be forever changed-and the effects, the effects can only be predicted, as we move forward into a brave new world...
Last edited by Prolieum on Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Male.

Hillary Clinton 2016-2024
Minister

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hillary Clinton 2016-2024 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:40 am

New Nazareth,Sullivan Province
Micah and The Borinquenos SjWtard of a candidate were brought before The court to face charges of Heresy.The Jury was compromised of Several Monks and Nuns and a Fanatical Cardinal who was visiting the Country.The Accusers,Father James Thatcher and Orrin Johnson brought evidence to jury that should in theory prove them guilty.Both with given the option of pleading guilty and their life sentences be commuted for deportation to their respective home countries.
NS quotes I like
[spoiler]
Napkiraly wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:Cruz has been having an affair with Trump, can confirm.

They're making their erections great again.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:47 am

"Come at me you pack of tyrannical Papal-Zionist despots!" Micah roared, as he drew his secondary and blasted away at the monks, nuns, and Father on the heresy board.
Male.

Hillary Clinton 2016-2024
Minister

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hillary Clinton 2016-2024 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:11 am

Prolieum wrote:

"Come at me you pack of tyrannical Papal-Zionist despots!" Micah roared, as he drew his secondary and blasted away at the monks, nuns, and Father on the heresy board.

One Monk was asleep and woke up and said
"Who did that!"
A second told him to present his case in a sensible manner
NS quotes I like
[spoiler]
Napkiraly wrote:
Washington Resistance Army wrote:Cruz has been having an affair with Trump, can confirm.

They're making their erections great again.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:45 am

Micah shot both monks and continued firing.
Male.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:20 pm

She rubbed him on the shoulder.

"Aw, perk up. You aren't nobody."
Male.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:28 pm

Prolieum wrote:

She rubbed him on the shoulder.

"Aw, perk up. You aren't nobody."

After all I did last night and acting like a fool here, you give a damn? "How am I not nobody? Everyone in America thought I was a cold-hearted murderer. When America broke up, I wound up flying to Freedonia to try and get my planes back . . . I got a taste of another world and I didn't want to leave. I had freedom, I wandered aimlessly . . . but I couldn't do that in my position. Sure, I got hurt, and, yes, I've been shot, multiple times. The Texas president and some AU agency was trying to shoot me up with tranquilizers, and I decided the first thing I want to do before wandering is get revenge on President Kiser. Apparently, the Freedonian generals don't think I'm fit enough to go through with my plan, so they sent me here."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:33 pm

"Well, you are here now, right? So just calm down a little. Take it easy. Enjoy the experience."
Male.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:34 pm

(Ignore this prolieums post after changes mine.)
Last edited by Imperial Idaho on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:40 pm

Prolieum wrote:

"Well, you are here now, right? So just calm down a little. Take it easy. Enjoy the experience."

"What experience? I don't exactly like being woken up at the ass-crack of dawn to get mocked at and teased with cookies by Sergeant Unicorn out there. No one talks to me out of their own free will, and I feel like crap when I have to say, 'Hey, I'm lonely. Please talk to me so I don't start screaming like a lunatic', because it makes me look like I just want attention."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Dining Hall, Roosevelt Field, Long Island

Several groups seemed to have formed in the dining hall. At the table with Assad and Tiffany was the bearded man from earlier, and one other man. A clique of four men, chatting in low voices, was off in one corner. Williams sat with the linebacker type and two others, chatting about soldiering. There were two people sitting alone, at different locations-one a skinny guy with glasses, the other a brooding sort, sharpening a wicked-looking knife on his knee-and Jane, still seated alone where Assad had left her. A pair of women were in another spot, one an African-American with a harsh military buzzcut, the other with a manic spiky look. The quiet fellow from earlier sat near them, along with another. There seemed quiet a selection to choose from.
Last edited by Prolieum on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse