NATION

PASSWORD

The Norse Encounter (OOC, TWI ONLY)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

What should happen to Norseland?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:36 pm

1. Complete and total destruction of his people via genocide.
No votes
2. Destabilization through genocide until he resembles Somalia.
100%

Total votes : 4

Taziristan
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Norse Encounter (OOC, TWI ONLY)

Postby Taziristan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Welcome ladies and gentlemen, to The Norse Encounter. The situation is as follows: Upper Norseland is executing Monotheistic people and have executed several Taziristani nationals. We don't like this. So we attack and we commit genocide. In response, the rest of the nations join in and kick my ass on the sea while a pitched air battle ensues in the skies. Meanwhile, brutal house to house fighting is taking place in Upper Norseland. Every Step forward is through an ocean of blood, and eventually the fighting stalls.

My proposed timeline is this:

1. Over the next 2 weeks or so, UpperTNorsland and I throw harsh words around about executions. We finally get pissed and attack full force, including a massive Arial bombardment that specifically targets military and religious organizations or relics, such as forests and SAM sites. Then My guys move in.

2. As the attack begins, Norse Naval and air assets are quickly destroyed, but the ground fighting is brutal and slow. At this point, the Coalition and other nations wishing to aid the Norsemen are mobilizing their troops and deploying their navies, eventually cutting my ground forces off from my nation Guadalcanal style.

3. The League convenes as my air and Naval assets are being destroyed in pitched battles with allies of UN (upper Norseland) to discuss claims of systematic murder and genocide. By this point, I have ferried some 1,000 to 10,000 Norse Civilians back to Taziristan for proper elimination.

4. The League invades my homeland with Atnaia leading the charge. After intense fighting, My nation is taken from me and Atnaia is put in charge. While I'm being invaded, Allies of the Norse have wiped out my air power and sunk every vessel near Upper Norseland. On the ground, allies have contributed ground forces and supplies to the badly equipped Norsemen and my army is rather quickly destroyed. Between the evidence in the cities I had occupied and from the camps in Taziristan, there is no longer any question: My nation committed Genocide.

5. The League authorizes Atnaia to disband my government and to rebuild my nation, forcing the new government to sign a treaty that limited me like Germany after WW1 or WW2.

How's that sound?

NOTE:

Upper Norseland and I have complete power over and disputes that come our way. IF there is a dispute in how this war is carried out, or over losses, then we will decide how it should be taken care of. If we cannot decide, then it will be taken to the Secretary of the Interior of The Western Isles per TWI constitution.

IC IS UP: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=388475
Last edited by Taziristan on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Occupation of Taziristan
Proud member of The Western Isles.
Former Secretary of the Exterior.
Former Senator.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:33 pm

So, firstly, I propose a different name. The Norse are going to be calling this the "Second Unity War," in reference to the only other recorded land invasion of the Norselands by Atnaia in the early 17th century. I feel that the Internation Community would refer to this as the North Mesder War.
Secondly, the Norselands have no real air assets. Transport and logistics craft only. Our Navy, or rather Coast Guard, however, while not being very large, is both modernized and extremely commited, and will therefore likely cause significant losses before being entirely annihilated.
Thirdly, as discussed, we are going to do everything in our power to ensure that we get the chance to commit an even more heinous genocide against your people than you have against ours. This will likely lead to significant conflicts with Atnaia, as well as with any other nation who would prevent us from doing so.

Other than that, I like it.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:41 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:So, firstly, I propose a different name. The Norse are going to be calling this the "Second Unity War," in reference to the only other recorded land invasion of the Norselands by Atnaia in the early 17th century. I feel that the Internation Community would refer to this as the North Mesder War.
Secondly, the Norselands have no real air assets. Transport and logistics craft only. Our Navy, or rather Coast Guard, however, while not being very large, is both modernized and extremely commited, and will therefore likely cause significant losses before being entirely annihilated.
Thirdly, as discussed, we are going to do everything in our power to ensure that we get the chance to commit an even more heinous genocide against your people than you have against ours. This will likely lead to significant conflicts with Atnaia, as well as with any other nation who would prevent us from doing so.

Other than that, I like it.

1. The North Mesder War sounds good.

2. Noted. Maybe you guys wipe out a lot of my smaller vessels? Maybe 6 of My frigates? http://www.nationstates.net/nation=tazi ... /id=648877

3. That would come later, I think, as no one would ferry your troops over to my island for invasion. But as soon as Atnaia leaves, my defenses would be wide open to an attack like that.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:57 pm

We'll be calling this the 7th Krauja (bloody) war. I've already said my part in the RMB so I'll that's all my thoughts and ideas so far.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:01 pm

So I'm guessing I've been accepted into the war at this point.

Basically we'll be sending around 1-2,000 men, all with ancestors in WW2. They will be fighting with firearms and traditional Skaitsyan short swords, mostly for claiming heads. They will claim the heads of literally all they kill, and unless they were a difficult kill their eyes will be gouged out, esbalving them in the afterlife (according to Skaitsyan mythology).

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:04 pm

^Implying that anyone other than children will be easy kills.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:06 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:^Implying that anyone other than children will be easy kills.

I meant a true warrior. An civilian with a firearm is not a soldier. They will be comparatively easy kills.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:^Implying that anyone other than children will be easy kills.

We will assume all civilians are combatants.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:21 pm

Skaitsya wrote:

I meant a true warrior. An civilian with a firearm is not a soldier. They will be comparatively easy kills.

I don't think you understand how our military works.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:
Skaitsya wrote:I meant a true warrior. An civilian with a firearm is not a soldier. They will be comparatively easy kills.

You can't say that all adults members of your 11.6 million population is a trained soldier. That's ridiculously over powered. Thats god modding IMO. You can give a civilian a firearm. You can train them for a while. But they are not a trained soldier. They are a member of the citizen army. There was a reason we moved to professional armies.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:57 pm

Skaitsya wrote:
Upper Norseland wrote:

You can't say that all adults members of your 11.6 million population is a trained soldier. That's ridiculously over powered. Thats god modding IMO. You can give a civilian a firearm. You can train them for a while. But they are not a trained soldier. They are a member of the citizen army. There was a reason we moved to professional armies.

Nah, consider that only a couple million will be of fighting age and that they don't have the money to train these people well. They will just be so full of spirit that their minimal training and cultural love of violence will be enough to cause a whole lot of blood shed.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:04 pm

Taziristan wrote:
Skaitsya wrote:You can't say that all adults members of your 11.6 million population is a trained soldier. That's ridiculously over powered. Thats god modding IMO. You can give a civilian a firearm. You can train them for a while. But they are not a trained soldier. They are a member of the citizen army. There was a reason we moved to professional armies.

Nah, consider that only a couple million will be of fighting age and that they don't have the money to train these people well. They will just be so full of spirit that their minimal training and cultural love of violence will be enough to cause a whole lot of blood shed.

We will take their heads! My soldiers may love male warfare, but only the newer recruits (none of which are being deployed here) will prioritise it when a firearm can easily be used.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:50 pm

I would like to propose that one of those survey-type thingies be added to this thread, allowing various interested nations to vote on the form of the Kingdom's demise. I have forwarded my two initial theories on the RMB, and am more than open to further suggestions. Also, I consent to a Skaitsyan taking His Royal Majesty Ulfred III's head.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:52 pm

Upper Norseland wrote:I would like to propose that one of those survey-type thingies be added to this thread, allowing various interested nations to vote on the form of the Kingdom's demise. I have forwarded my two initial theories on the RMB, and am more than open to further suggestions. Also, I consent to a Skaitsyan taking His Royal Majesty Ulfred III's head.

Your men could fight and die to the last until allied reinforcements got there. Let's face it, I am twice your size and population. Your allies are the key to your victory and survival. After you survive, you could easily begin building up your armed forces and economy for revenge.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Look, I'm not going to cop out and quit before this starts. I will play it right up to the end. However, considering both the facts and the general perception on the RMB, I am forced to conclude that the Kingdom of the Upper Norselands is an ineffective and unrealistic nation, and that it therefore has no place in The Western Isles. I will play this war out as well as I can, but it will invariably end in the demise of the Kingdom. Katherine and I will then discuss whether we wish to simply hop over and begin work on Cuamarche, or whether we will start an entirely new cooperative nation that will be more suited to the environment. I would like to have the other nations of the Isles have some say in the precise method of the Kingdom's downfall, however.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:10 pm

I greatly appreciate your determination. I'll add a vote or ask for a regional poll
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Upper Norseland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Upper Norseland » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:10 pm

Wonderful.

Skaitsya
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skaitsya » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:02 pm

What I'm picturing is that we send units to sabotage Norse economy because we're still bitter about the past wars and out ongoing (but dampened) rivalry. We eventually figure out the Taziri are committing genocide, something considered horrific in Skaitsyan religious culture because you are killing part of a god, a terrible act (slavery was the furthest we'd go in the past and now that is seen as only slightly better than genocide and was outlawed in 1791). So we begin conducting espionage against both forces, sabotaging norse infrastructure and killing their commanders (all nifty tricks we picked up from WW2 with Ostehaar). At the same time we kill Taziri commanders and sabotage their supply lines, amongst other things. All of these actions are met with varying success, but on the whole the operation is relatively successful. As the war escalates we attempt to pull some units out to avoid them being revealed as Skaitsyans, but keeping two units there to continue the operation. Is this good?

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:04 pm

Sounds good to me.
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:07 pm

Keomoran intelligence tags this thread.
For Peace and Honor.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:12 pm

Damnit, now I can't discuss the surprise nuking of Keomora! (im just kidding)
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Taziristan wrote:Damnit, now I can't discuss the surprise nuking of Keomora! (im just kidding)

I will find you...
For Peace and Honor.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Keomora wrote:
Taziristan wrote:Damnit, now I can't discuss the surprise nuking of Keomora! (im just kidding)

I will find you...

I wish I had nukes lol
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Taziristan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Taziristan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Skaitsya wrote:What I'm picturing is that we send units to sabotage Norse economy because we're still bitter about the past wars and out ongoing (but dampened) rivalry. We eventually figure out the Taziri are committing genocide, something considered horrific in Skaitsyan religious culture because you are killing part of a god, a terrible act (slavery was the furthest we'd go in the past and now that is seen as only slightly better than genocide and was outlawed in 1791). So we begin conducting espionage against both forces, sabotaging norse infrastructure and killing their commanders (all nifty tricks we picked up from WW2 with Ostehaar). At the same time we kill Taziri commanders and sabotage their supply lines, amongst other things. All of these actions are met with varying success, but on the whole the operation is relatively successful. As the war escalates we attempt to pull some units out to avoid them being revealed as Skaitsyans, but keeping two units there to continue the operation. Is this good?

Hey, you could be the guys that actually start the genocide rumors that Ostehaar confirms
Occupation of Taziristan
Former Senator.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents