NATION

PASSWORD

Changing your nation Name.

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Of Leben
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Changing your nation Name.

Postby Of Leben » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:33 pm

I'm a bit un-content with this nation. Although I've had it for a year now, I've been unhappy with the name. Is it possible to change your nations name? Or at least can mods remove the of part in the main name? Thanks.
Last edited by Of Leben on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Allied Soviet States of America
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Allied Soviet States of America » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:35 pm

Of Leben wrote:I'm a bit un-content with this nation. Although I've had it for a year now, I've been unhappy with the name. Is it possible to change your nations name? Or at least can mods remove the of part in the main name? Thanks.

no it is not. Just create a new one.

Ole Wisconsin
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ole Wisconsin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:38 pm

As far as I know, there ain't no way, no how the moderators will ever let you change your name. I've never heard of any moderator doing that. Don't make much sense to me, as I feel that although you shouldn't be able to change your name willy-nilly, you oughtta be able to at least change it once or something like that. Give a good legitimate reason for it or whatnot. But, uh, well, I ain't here to make the rules.
THIS NATION DOES NOT REFLECT MY ACTUAL VIEWS. IN ACTUALITY, I AM CURRENTLY COMPLETELY APATHETIC TO POLITICS.
Current Age: 16
Race: Southeast Asian

Here's a Picture of Me

Take a quick look at this minute and a half, stop motion Chevy trucks commercial I made for school if you're interested.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Not realistically possible with how the game is designed. Sorry. A new nation is your best option.

Stalker Queen
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalker Queen » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Given how the game is coded, there is no way of changing a nation's name (beyond altering capitalisation) without the risk of seriously breaking thd game, even if mods/admins wanted to. The best thing to do would be to create a new nation with the name you want, provided it has not been taken.

Dammit Luna! When mods and players collide! :P
Last edited by Stalker Queen on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any statements made from this nation are representative of the personal views of the player behind it, and should not be taken as the views of any region or organisation they may be part of.
Luna Amore wrote:You stalkin' too close.
Retired.

Unified Heartless States
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Heartless States » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Ya, it wouldn't be that hard to do.
You'd just need to be willing to put in alot of hours.

Hellgustine Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellgustine Empire » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:11 pm

Unified Heartless States wrote:Ya, it wouldn't be that hard to do.

It would be nice but that would take away Maxies daily activities with his friends and family.
The Hellgustine Empire will be officially shutdown and will be replace by the Xeric Imperium has the main nation

Stalker Queen
Envoy

Founded: Jun 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stalker Queen » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:35 pm

Hellgustine Empire wrote:
Unified Heartless States wrote:Ya, it wouldn't be that hard to do.

It would be nice but that would take away Maxies daily activities with his friends and family.

Max originally coded the site in 2002 using very limited coding skills, which is why nations are identified by their names, as opposed to unique numerical values. And when you think of all the activity feeds, it is a Herculean task. These days, it is the admins (folks with purple names) that do the coding for the site, not so much Max. It would require almost rebuilding the entire site and everything in it from the ground up. And it's something that, with the R/D summit and a lot of suggestions coming in every week for new features while maintaining the site, is probably ths last thing on the admins' minds. There may be plans to do that, but it would very likely necessitate taking the entire site down for at least a week or month or something just to work on this task.

I agree that reworking would be good, especially as to my knowledge, it would make future implementations of features easier. But it's a long way off.
Any statements made from this nation are representative of the personal views of the player behind it, and should not be taken as the views of any region or organisation they may be part of.
Luna Amore wrote:You stalkin' too close.
Retired.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:46 pm

Stalker Queen wrote:Dammit Luna! When mods and players collide! :P

You stalkin' too close.

Frenequesta
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Frenequesta » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:47 pm

If you're doing non-P2tM or F7 RPs (which based on your posts you've done), nothing's stopping you from saying that your nation's name is actually different than what you put into the registration pages (and many players have done just that). If that's your only practical concern, you could clarify so in your signature, e.g. "ICly this nation's name is [preferred name here]" and role-play accordingly.

But if you're just annoyed with the "of" or just want to be known to the system as something else, then yes, you're out of luck.
Last edited by Frenequesta on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I’m mostly here for... something to do, I suppose.

Of Leben
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 11, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Of Leben » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:31 pm

Thank you for all the helpful responses. Hopefully one day people will be able to change their names in the system.

Federation of Native and Indigenous Cats
Secretary

Founded: Jan 13, 2024
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Federation of Native and Indigenous Cats » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:49 pm

Well fuck…

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:38 am

Let the dead threads rest.