NATION

PASSWORD

Type of Toilet in Public Washrooms

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Buresta
Secretary

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Buresta » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:14 pm

I want the last five minutes of my life back.

Right now.
"There are three kinds of people in this world: Those who are immovable, those who can be moved, and those who move."

"Before all else, be armed."

Rich and Corporations
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Rich and Corporations » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Swilatia wrote:
Rich and Corporations wrote:The Corporate Confederacy uses advanced toilets which automatically flush based on usage (it flushs every five minutes if there is high usage, or flushes until the next use during low usage).

Yeah, "advanced". All while they've fall out of favour here, as most people would rather not have it flush while they're still sitting on it.

Presumably the toilet is advanced enough to know when it is use.
Corporate Confederacy
DEFENSE ALERT LEVEL
PEACE WAR

Factbook [url=iiwiki.com/wiki/Corporate_Confederacy]Wiki Article[/url]
Neptonia

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:22 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
The Batorys wrote:

What civilized societies use.

That is not a civilised "toilet"

This is a civilised lavatory

That is woefully obsolete. As usual, Nicksyllvania has a very entertaining (though pathetic) idea of what "civilized" means.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Yannia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yannia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:35 pm

dual use squat toilets
Yannia's nation page contains an error. The population should be in millions, not in billions.

Sarleneska
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarleneska » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Both of you don't understand a civilized toilet when you see one, THIS is a civilized toilet:

Israslovakahzerbajan wrote:Stealing a copy of The Land Before Time.
Coccygia wrote:The only good mammal is a dead mammal.
Pythria wrote:Fascist dictatorship run by dinosaurs. I like it
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
The Tavan Race wrote:Yeah, your nation scares me
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Conoga wrote:Dinosaurs-in-Bikinis-Boy
Lancov wrote:Condemn, because we now have to go soak our brains in bleach.
The Floor Kippers wrote:We Have Dinosaurs.....Argument Rendered Invalid
Grossrheinland Reich wrote:DINOSAUR FETISHIST
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
FT Population: 1,000,000,000,000
DINOSAURS RULE!

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:49 pm

We have either outdoor facilities for the commoners while the nobility tend to use the most modern in flushing technology combined with the elegance of the ancient building method and decoration.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Jankenjin
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jankenjin » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Jalanat wrote:We use Japanese style toilets.
Haha, you're fucked now.

Actually, Jankenjin use pretty much the same style as these. When you have a large tail sticking out of your backside, it makes it hard to use a "throne" variety.
Yes, we have a Factbook, for all those odd facts about this bunch of weird aliens.

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:40 pm

Great Nepal wrote:Um... whatever type is cheapest we can get in given time afterall its just a toilet.

This.

Toilets are mostly a human need. Mushrooms don't release that sort of waste and turtles have their own ways.
In portraits:

[im]http://www.page2live.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/portapotty3.jpg[/img]

ImageImage
Yes, that's an outhouse.

In the rural areas, turtles can simply go outside and hide where no one can see and do their thing (like humans and trees). However, in a big city, this becomes impractical. That's why, about once or twice a block, there are little concrete boxes. Turtles back up into these and do their business, then crawl out when they're done, in excellent privvacy. The hole is open to the sewer below. Think of a storm drain, but raised, larger, and with a small hole instead of an opening. Now, place that at the back of a sidewalk where no one will trip.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:58 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Herminia wrote:Just two: The regular toilet and the urinal, we don't have that sissy bidet used by Euro-type countries.

The bidet is better at cleaning one's behind than uncivilized and unsanitary little pieces of paper. How disgusting.

OOC: Bidets? So THAT'S what those butt-squirting things are called... I've always called them booty washers, or toilet sinks... or something.

OOC: I prefer toilet paper and a good hand-washing. It's far better than getting your behind wet from a squirter thing. When I go, I don't like toilet water to splash on me.
Last edited by TurtleShroom on Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:59 pm

TurtleShroom wrote:
The Batorys wrote:
Herminia wrote:Just two: The regular toilet and the urinal, we don't have that sissy bidet used by Euro-type countries.

The bidet is better at cleaning one's behind than uncivilized and unsanitary little pieces of paper. How disgusting.

OOC: Bidets? So THAT'S what those butt-squirting things are called...

OOC: I prefer toilet paper and a good hand-washing. It's less unnerving.

^This, Bidets are SO European, so I'm just sticking with toilet paper, thanks.
Tartonica wrote:2/10 because dinosaurs do NOT rule nations (Except for Saurisia)
Wolohanistan wrote:Saurisia - Dinosaur Dictatorship is the best dictatorship, not that we support that sort of thing.
Tetraca wrote:Also: yay, Saurisia's here! This thread just became more awesome :D
DINOSAURS RULE!

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

This is getting weird.

Postby TurtleShroom » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Saurisia wrote:This, Bidets are SO European, so I'm just sticking with toilet paper, thanks.

OOC: I know, right? I find it distrubing to let a jet of water splash my rear. t's just wrong. I mean, when you're going, you don't want your butt to get splashed when you drop a rowboat. Then, you let that squirter get you wet? Please, give me dry toilet paper and I'll clean myself. What kind of people are so lazy that they can't wipe their own boohonkuses? I guess the same who see broadband Internet access as a "fundamental right" (that's right, Finland, looking at you).

IC: Only in NationStates diplomatic conventions can you have such conversations...
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:10 pm

Saurisia wrote:Both of you don't understand a civilized toilet when you see one, THIS is a civilized toilet:

Actually, a civilised toilet cubicle should have a door. That can be locked from the inside.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Saurisia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saurisia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Swilatia wrote:
Saurisia wrote:Both of you don't understand a civilized toilet when you see one, THIS is a civilized toilet:

Actually, a civilised toilet cubicle should have a door. That can be locked from the inside.

True, true, that's what we have, in short, kinda like the indoor public bathrooms of TurtleShroom.
DINOSAURS RULE!

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Sarleneska wrote:Image

This or something similar. Western style toilets exist in areas of tourism.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Peterbolton
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Peterbolton » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

I'm a music warrior, defending sound in the fight against silence.-Skye Sweetnam, Our Majesty

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Sarleneska wrote:Image

^ This. Usually with a water hose hanging on the wall for cleaning yourself off with afterwards. Isn't that what all civilised nations use?
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:59 am

Saurisia wrote:
TurtleShroom wrote:
The Batorys wrote:

OOC: Bidets? So THAT'S what those butt-squirting things are called...

OOC: I prefer toilet paper and a good hand-washing. It's less unnerving.

^This, Bidets are SO European, so I'm just sticking with toilet paper, thanks.

Why wouldn't the Batory Empire be "SO European"?
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Vitoe
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitoe » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:56 am

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Trust the Advice Hound

Postby TurtleShroom » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:21 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:Civilised people use a newspaper to wipe their buttocks. Namely right on the picture of some foreign bigshot.

TurtleShroomer outhouses use the Sears Catalog. The use of newspapers isn't unheard of, though.

Last edited by TurtleShroom on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Inutoland
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Inutoland » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:21 am

TurtleShroom wrote:
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Civilised people use a newspaper to wipe their buttocks. Namely right on the picture of some foreign bigshot.

TurtleShroomer outhouses use the Sears Catalog. The use of newspapers isn't unheard of, though.

Just out of morbid fascination... How does a sentient mushroom use the facilities?
Note: Our NS page is not entirely accurate. Please use the Factbook.
Embassy Program (MT) | MT Factbook | Culture Test (MT) | FT Factbook
Economic Left/Right: -3.50 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.95

If you want to abbreviate my nation's name, I prefer "Inu"

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Inutoland wrote:Just out of morbid fascination... How does a sentient mushroom use the facilities?

They don't. RL mushrooms don't do that, and neither do TS mushrooms.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Redslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Redslavia » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 pm

We also had a special toilet that wasn't connected to to sewage and instead chopped it up, but don't ask why we banned it after 1 man used it.
He got sucked into the toilet and minced into pieces...
My Political Matrix Score: Economic score: -8.19
Social score: +8.26

Member of the Corporate Fascist Party
Also a member of the Steel Pact.

Khorata
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorata » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:25 pm

In your average Khoratan bathroom, you can find...

Sink
Bathtub
Shower
Bidets
Toilet
Blow-Dryers for the hands (I mean like at airports, pools, etc...)

Bidets are so the new Toilet Paper, in fact, almost every bathroom has a Bidet, and in the capital of Chandigarh, all the toilets have bidets. Though we have toilet paper at Tourist hotspots for those who just want to use the paper, though it is considered a faux pas in Khorata, especially in the Urban areas to use paper to wipe your... ...Yeah.
If you are in a roleplay with me, read my wiki. That way, that's all you need to know.http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Khorata

THE FIRST EVER NATIONSTATES SERIAL! http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=59368

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Redslavia wrote:Image

We also had a special toilet that wasn't connected to to sewage and instead chopped it up, but don't ask why we banned it after 1 man used it.
He got sucked into the toilet and minced into pieces...

I fail to see how chopping up human wastes would get rid of it. I think it might just make it take up slightly less space, but the waste is still there, it didn't disappear, or change form.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information