NATION

PASSWORD

The Barrens: Wasteland Revival [OOC/Applications/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Tayner wrote:Thanks man. I'll be sure to take a few extra casualties sometime to even it out.

So, just asking, can our populations grow larger throughout the RP by conquest and whatnot?

Ehh... I'll think on that. I want to emphasize that like 90%-ish of the world population is dead, ergo there are VERY low populations, so maybe... We'll see.

Well, I thought that each settlement I would annex would have no more than a few dozen people, and I would only annex a few settlements throughout the RP to bolster my numbers as I'll probably lose some soldiers while fighting other factions.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Tayner wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
Ehh... I'll think on that. I want to emphasize that like 90%-ish of the world population is dead, ergo there are VERY low populations, so maybe... We'll see.

Well, I thought that each settlement I would annex would have no more than a few dozen people, and I would only annex a few settlements throughout the RP to bolster my numbers as I'll probably lose some soldiers while fighting other factions.

Yeah, that logically makes sense.
Cheers mates.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Tactical Tag
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Well.... Clearly this was not as well received as I had hoped.
Cheers mates.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:11 pm

Sarejo wrote:Well.... Clearly this was not as well received as I had hoped.

We should gather more interest...

Post on P2TM ad thread plus see if more Pubites will join?
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Gherrum
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gherrum » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:15 pm

Tayner wrote:
Sarejo wrote:Well.... Clearly this was not as well received as I had hoped.

We should gather more interest...

Post on P2TM ad thread plus see if more Pubites will join?

i second this action, i cant imagine us doing an RP with this few people
"Go to Heaven for the Climate, Hell for the Company" - Mark Twain

Freedom, Gun Rights, Trump, Gay Marriage, Israel, Nationalism
Hillary, SJW, Monsanto

Vidhelm
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vidhelm » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:52 am

Is this thing still on? I'd be super interested in applying if it is.
YOU QUESTION THE WORDS OF THE MIGHTY JIMMY!

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:35 pm

(Delete all in parentheses)

=Basic Information=
NS Nation Name: Republic of the Cristo
Faction Name: Acklmine
Location (Map Image prefered): South East England

=Faction Information=
Population (No larger than 2000): 1,000
Government Type: Tribal Chieftainship
Ideaology: Naturalism
Goals: To spread out over the rest of Britannia - on a spiritual level, it is to become a harmonious unit with nature.
Position in the Barrens (Weak, Strong, Secretive, etc.): Secretive
Leader and Bio (At least 1 paragraph): Zengri, was born to the last chieftain of the Acklmine. He was taught up until he reached the age of 15 how to survive on his wits and nature alone. Upon reaching 15, he took the test of the father and one, becoming both a man and a future chief. At the age of 17, his father, irphdoe, die of pneumonia. Zengri, after having battled and defeating several contenders, he defended his father's title and became the new chief. He would take a wife soon after his coronation, and she would bear him a daughter 9 months later. Zengri has proven to be a much more spiritual leader than his father was before him, and has continued to lead the Acklmine on their continued path of expansion.

History (At least 2 paragraphs):The Acklmine began a very long time ago. After the rains and nuclear devastation of much of Britain, hundreds of thousands of people moved out to the countryside, to try and escape it all. They would find no quarter here though, as flooding and a lack of infustrcture to maintain said flooding soon swept away thousands of people. Decades would go by and thousands more would die before nature finally stabilized once again. During this chaotic time, the morality and traditions of the old world had been replaced by the sole instinctive thought of survival.
Once nature had returned ( all be it, in it's mutated and foul way ) people began to experience an easier life ( as easy as a hunter gatherer life can be that is ). This ease and comfort was attributed to a heavenly body, a women that the people now known as the Acklmine would call - our mother in nature. Hardship still endured though, with wild beast attacks, forest fires, and of course the common flooding of the area. This hardship would awaken the Acklmine to the presence of another half of nature - our father in nature.
Over the last century, the Acklmine have finally stabilized their numbers, and have learned to adapt to the harsh nature of their environment. As their population expands, they look west and north for more land to settle for their own.

Culture and Economy (At least 1 paragraph): Nature has a dominant role within Acklmine society. All good things which come from nature - easily won food, plant food, clean drinking water, a cool breeze on a hot day - come from our mother in nature. All hard or bad things which come from nature - predators, injuries, hot days, cold days - come from our father in nature. Mothers within the Acklmine will make charms and shrines dedicated to the mother, in order to protect and provide for their clan. Hunters will also carry with them charms for the mother, in order to ensure a good hunt. Like a regular mother, our mother in nature is seen as the one whom provides the Acklmine with their material needs.

The father is seen as just that, a father in nature. The role of the father, in Acklmine society, is to teach his children the skills they need to survive, as well as how to go through hardship without falling. Our father in nature, is seen as a similar figure; dealing out hardships in order to make each man or woman stronger and tougher. Fathers will often carry charms for the father with them, so as to ensure strength over any challenge, resolve in the face of opposition, and fortitude in front of their children. Mothers in labor are often given charms for the father; a way to make them tough, so that they may survive the birth.

The Acklmine are a hunter gatherer society, receiving literally every piece of their material existence from the areas surrounding them. They outright reject any post-collapse technology though. In their religion, said technology came from a being other than nature, an uncaring and destructive being. For that reason, the Acklmine reject their usage in exchange for more natural methods of living.

Manhood and womanhood are not statuses you reach upon age, they are titles which must be earned. At the age of 15, girls and boys must go through their gender specific trial. In the trial of the father, boys are sent out into the forest alone, with only a knife. They must spend six days in the forest alone. During that time, they must catch one prey, and one predator. At the end of the six days, they must return to their original village. The two first boys to arrive back must have a wrestling match. The winner will determine whom shall be the next chief. The loser will either die or receive only his manhood. The two last boys to arrive must also wrestle. The winner will receive his manhood. The loser will either die, or be exiled from the tribe.

The trial of the mother, girls must take full a mouthful of dayshade berries ( the radioactive version of nightshade ). They must keep this mouthful of dayshade in their mouths for a whole 12 hours without swallowing, lest they die. In that time, they must take a post and walk at least five miles to a running body of water, were they will then fill the pot with water. They then must walk five miles back to their tribe of origin, with the jar completely full of water and with the dayshade berries still in their mouths. Upon completing this, they are pronounced women.

Those whom fail at above trials whom are not killed in the process are exiled from the Acklmine nation, and sent out into the forest, never to be seen again.

=Military=
Military Population (No more than 7% or .07 of your total population: 70
Military Equipment (See Military Rules for reference; List the weapons and vehicles/mounts used by your military if you have one): Primitive melee weapons, fitting a tribal society. The only weapons of significance is the Hobbler spear and the Thunder Bow. The Hobbler spear, is a roughly 6 foot long spear, with 3 hobbler quills attached to the end. It is perfect for throwing at short distances. The Thunder Bow, is a bow with string made from the silk of Swamp-Buzzer cacoons. With an average draw strength of 100+ pounds, the Thunder bow easily pierces through bone and flesh, as well as most shields. It is called the thunder bow because of the loud cracking sound it makes upon being released.
Strengths: The men whom are called upon to serve as warriors are at peak levels of physical fitness. Trained from birth to be deadly and efficient hunters, taught to view hardship as a test from god, and forced to compete with their kin at a very early age, the Acklmine warrior is tireless, incredibly strong, extremely fast, tougher than rockstomper shells, and undetectable in nature.
Weaknesses: They posses only primitive weapons - no guns, no vehicles, no pre-collapse technology. We are practically Indians.

=Misc=
Theme (Optional): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXqcG7reDI
RP Examples (2 Required unless otherwise specified. If this is your first or second RP, write a post to show your skill level): Fractured reality Reboot - New Civilizations: Rome

DO NOT REMOVE: [Administrative Data]
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Vidhelm
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vidhelm » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:(Delete all in parentheses)

=Basic Information=

=Faction Information=
Goals: To spread out over the rest of Britannia - on a spiritual level, it is to become a harmonious unit with nature.
Leader and Bio (At least 1 paragraph): Zengri, was born to the last chieftain of the Acklmine. He was taught up until he reached the age of 15 how to survive on his wits and nature alone. Upon reaching 15, he took the test of the father and one, becoming both a man and a future chief. At the age of 17, his father, irphdoe, die of pneumonia. Zengri, after having battled and defeating several contenders, he defended his father's title and became the new chief. He would take a wife soon after his coronation, and she would bear him a daughter 9 months later. Zengri has proven to be a much more spiritual leader than his father was before him, and has continued to lead the Acklmine on their continued path of expansion.

History (At least 2 paragraphs):The Acklmine began a very long time ago. After the rains and nuclear devastation of much of Britain, hundreds of thousands of people moved out to the countryside, to try and escape it all. They would find no quarter here though, as flooding and a lack of infustrcture to maintain said flooding soon swept away thousands of people. Decades would go by and thousands more would die before nature finally stabilized once again. During this chaotic time, the morality and traditions of the old world had been replaced by the sole instinctive thought of survival.
Once nature had returned ( all be it, in it's mutated and foul way ) people began to experience an easier life ( as easy as a hunter gatherer life can be that is ). This ease and comfort was attributed to a heavenly body, a women that the people now known as the Acklmine would call - our mother in nature. Hardship still endured though, with wild beast attacks, forest fires, and of course the common flooding of the area. This hardship would awaken the Acklmine to the presence of another half of nature - our father in nature.
Over the last century, the Acklmine have finally stabilized their numbers, and have learned to adapt to the harsh nature of their environment. As their population expands, they look west and north for more land to settle for their own.

Culture and Economy (At least 1 paragraph): Nature has a dominant role within Acklmine society. All good things which come from nature - easily won food, plant food, clean drinking water, a cool breeze on a hot day - come from our mother in nature. All hard or bad things which come from nature - predators, injuries, hot days, cold days - come from our father in nature. Mothers within the Acklmine will make charms and shrines dedicated to the mother, in order to protect and provide for their clan. Hunters will also carry with them charms for the mother, in order to ensure a good hunt. Like a regular mother, our mother in nature is seen as the one whom provides the Acklmine with their material needs.

The father is seen as just that, a father in nature. The role of the father, in Acklmine society, is to teach his children the skills they need to survive, as well as how to go through hardship without falling. Our father in nature, is seen as a similar figure; dealing out hardships in order to make each man or woman stronger and tougher. Fathers will often carry charms for the father with them, so as to ensure strength over any challenge, resolve in the face of opposition, and fortitude in front of their children. Mothers in labor are often given charms for the father; a way to make them tough, so that they may survive the birth.

The Acklmine are a hunter gatherer society, receiving literally every piece of their material existence from the areas surrounding them. They outright reject any post-collapse technology though. In their religion, said technology came from a being other than nature, an uncaring and destructive being. For that reason, the Acklmine reject their usage in exchange for more natural methods of living.

Manhood and womanhood are not statuses you reach upon age, they are titles which must be earned. At the age of 15, girls and boys must go through their gender specific trial. In the trial of the father, boys are sent out into the forest alone, with only a knife. They must spend six days in the forest alone. During that time, they must catch one prey, and one predator. At the end of the six days, they must return to their original village. The two first boys to arrive back must have a wrestling match. The winner will determine whom shall be the next chief. The loser will either die or receive only his manhood. The two last boys to arrive must also wrestle. The winner will receive his manhood. The loser will either die, or be exiled from the tribe.

The trial of the mother, girls must take full a mouthful of dayshade berries ( the radioactive version of nightshade ). They must keep this mouthful of dayshade in their mouths for a whole 12 hours without swallowing, lest they die. In that time, they must take a post and walk at least five miles to a running body of water, were they will then fill the pot with water. They then must walk five miles back to their tribe of origin, with the jar completely full of water and with the dayshade berries still in their mouths. Upon completing this, they are pronounced women.

Those whom fail at above trials whom are not killed in the process are exiled from the Acklmine nation, and sent out into the forest, never to be seen again.

=Military=
Military Equipment (See Military Rules for reference; List the weapons and vehicles/mounts used by your military if you have one): Primitive melee weapons, fitting a tribal society. The only weapons of significance is the Hobbler spear and the Thunder Bow. The Hobbler spear, is a roughly 6 foot long spear, with 3 hobbler quills attached to the end. It is perfect for throwing at short distances. The Thunder Bow, is a bow with string made from the silk of Swamp-Buzzer cacoons. With an average draw strength of 100+ pounds, the Thunder bow easily pierces through bone and flesh, as well as most shields. It is called the thunder bow because of the loud cracking sound it makes upon being released.
Strengths: The men whom are called upon to serve as warriors are at peak levels of physical fitness. Trained from birth to be deadly and efficient hunters, taught to view hardship as a test from god, and forced to compete with their kin at a very early age, the Acklmine warrior is tireless, incredibly strong, extremely fast, tougher than rockstomper shells, and undetectable in nature.
Weaknesses: They posses only primitive weapons - no guns, no vehicles, no pre-collapse technology. We are practically Indians.

=Misc=
RP Examples (2 Required unless otherwise specified. If this is your first or second RP, write a post to show your skill level): Fractured reality Reboot - New Civilizations: Rome

Was literally in the middle of writing my Nature worshiping faction app when i saw this, though mine are Celtic/Barbarian flavored. Would you mind if there was another primitive faction OP?
YOU QUESTION THE WORDS OF THE MIGHTY JIMMY!

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Vidhelm wrote:Is this thing still on? I'd be super interested in applying if it is.

If there are still enough people interested, then yes, this is still open.
Cheers mates.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:29 am

Sarejo wrote:
Vidhelm wrote:Is this thing still on? I'd be super interested in applying if it is.

If there are still enough people interested, then yes, this is still open.

I'm still down. And up. And left. And right too.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:(Delete all in parentheses)

=Basic Information=

=Faction Information=

=Military=

=Misc=

ACCEPTED.
Cheers mates.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse