NATION

PASSWORD

The Barrens: Wasteland Revival [OOC/Applications/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

The Barrens: Wasteland Revival [OOC/Applications/Open]

Postby Sarejo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 pm

In the year 2018, the previously denied issue of global warming took its revenge in the most brutal way, proving that in the end it wouldn't nukes or plagues that destroyed the world, but our own negligence and ignorance. Everyone of the world could saw the changes it caused, but were too stuck in their greed to prevent it or even acknowledge it. By the time they tried to stop it, it was already too late, and the world kept warming up until the ground was scorched. Everything burned. Being outside was a death sentence and being inside boiled people like hotboxes. For months the world was a ball of fire fueled by our materials. But it only spiraled further out of control from there.

Lack of maintenance meant that the nuclear power plants, which previously gave us endless power, exploded due to the lack of cooling, spreading radiation across the world and mutating what little survived. Nothing was safe from the nuclear fire that engulfed the surface, but not even the apocalypse could end Earth. Long after nuclear fire enveloped the world, the oceans which had boiled under apocalyptic heat rained back to earth, slowly cooling it to levels which could sustain life in some forms once again. What survived was adapted to to survive hell itself.

It's now been 200 years, and some new "civilizations" have once again begun trying their hands at conquering others for their resources, just like their predecessors, whilst others fight for technology, and still others fight for their god(s) to bring the power of religion back to the land known as:

The Barrens

This was an RP that previously garnered a substantial amount of interest in a worldbuilding thread, but suffered from lack of commitment once the actual RP began, and died a slow death. I personally liked the world that had been created, and so I decided to revive it to see how a true RP would actually play out.

=Setting: Europe (British Isles, Northern France, and Northwest Belgium)=

Tbt

1: OP/Co-OP have final say. No exceptions.

2: OP/Co-OP reserve the right to deny any application deemed not acceptable.

3: No God-modding or Meta-gaming.

4: No directly controlling another player character or faction unless given permission to do so. You can freely control any and all NPC’s that are not central to any major plotline.

5: Posts must be a paragraph minimum. One-liners are highly discouraged.

6: Try to use correct grammar, and no walls of text that are not broken up into paragraphs.

7: Be courteous to one another in the OOC. Feel free to be as much of a dick in the IC as you desire.

8: Be active should you apply. No need to be online 24/7 (as I certainly will not be) but don’t go through the effort of joining and never post anything. If you will be gone for any significant amount of time please leave a message stating that you will be gone. Those who do not risk having their factions killed off.

9: You faction cannot be overpowered. Your people can die and every challenge should be just that, a challenge. Any overpowered factions will bring forth the wrath of the OP in the form of even worse obstacles and outcomes.

10: Have fun.

Code: Select all
(Delete all in parentheses)

=Basic Information=
[b]NS Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Faction Name:[/b]
[b]Location (Map Image preferred):[/b]

=Faction Information=
[b]Population (No larger than 2000):[/b]
[b]Government Type:[/b]
[b]Ideaology:[/b]
[b]Goals:[/b]
[b]Position in the Barrens (Weak, Strong, Secretive, etc.):[/b]
[b]Leader and Bio (At least 1 paragraph):[/b]

[b]History (At least 2 paragraphs):[/b]
[b]Culture and Economy (At least 1 paragraph):[/b]

=Military=
[b]Military Population (No more than 7% or .07 of your total population:[/b]
[b]Military Equipment (See Military Rules for reference; List the weapons and vehicles/mounts used by your military if you have one):[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

=Misc=
[b]Theme (Optional):[/b]
[b]RP Examples (2 Required unless otherwise specified. If this is your first or second RP, write a post to show your skill level):[/b]

DO NOT REMOVE: [color=red][Administrative Data][/color]

=Basic Information=
NS Nation Name: The Empire of Sarejo
Faction Name: The Grand Order of Canillo
Location: http://imgur.com/zOxsF6L (The rectangle with the cross is the Inquisitor Oupost, while the three ciricles are Paladin Camps and the other dots are settlements and missions)

=Faction Information=
Population in the Barrens: 900 in the northern expedition.
Government Type: Absolute Theocratic Monarchy
Ideaology: The Order practices an evolved Roman Catholicism, now known as the Church of Canillo, and The Order sees it as their holy mission to preach and spread the religion across the entire known world. The religion preaches that pious devotion to God and meek work in service him, whether in battle, missionary work, or even simple farming or other menial daily tasks will lead to salvation in his eyes.
Goals: To spread the beliefs of the Church of Canillo, along with purging dissenters and heretics who oppose The Order and their holy mission.
Position in the Barrens: Secretive, and rather weak. The Order only holds a few settlements and military bases in the Barrens, as the Barrens is very far from the Holy Land (Andorra) and so supplies and reinforcements are few and far between.
Leader: Archbishop Enric Capello is a pious man and zealous believer in the Church of Canillo. Hearing of the pagans and heretics to the north, he ordered Inquisitor Ignasi Tosell to lead three hundred inquisitors, paladins, and missionaries north to begin colonizing and spreading the Word of God. Leading his expedition north, Inquisitor Tosell founded the first settlement, Anilla, six years ago. Since that time, reinforcements in the form of more monks and civilians have set up more settlements and began pushing farther northwards, whilst the Paladins have set up military forts as staging areas if the need arose for them.
Most Used Character and Bio: Inquisitor Ignasi Tosell is a pious man, born in 2250 in the capital of The Order, Canillo, the son of a Paladin and a seamstress. He spent much of his time as a child learning in the Church-taught school and playing with the other children, until the age of 14, when he like all other young children was assigned their calling after several days of prayer. Ignasi's calling revealed that he was to become an Inquisitor, and so he was sent off the to Chapel of Ordina, where he was taught by the Inquisitors on how to fight, ride, hunt, and also received more intense religious teaching, along with learning brutally effective techniques to use against declared "heretics". He graduated from iniate to acolyte at the age of 21, and spent another three years of tutelage under another Inquisitor in the field, even traveling to the extent of The Order's borders. After his three year long journey, he was finally made into a full Inquisitor. However, he was not able to celebrate his victory for long because nomadic tribes from the Frankish Wastes began invading The Order, and Tosell was sent to the front line along with several other Inquisitors to act as senior officers of the Paladin forces deployed to fight the invaders. After a long, brutal war lasting almost five years, the Frankish raiders and their allies were finally destroyed, but at great cost to The Order. Seeking new recruits and resources, the Archbishop turned northwards, to the Barrens, whom legends had told of having old-world technology and, more importantly, lost souls needing guidance back to the loving arms of God. Having a new holy mission, the Archbishop sent Tosell, now a war hero, along with three other Inquisitors, twenty Paladins, and over 270 monks on an expedition to the Barrens six years ago. After found the settlement of Anilla, which was to become the Inquisitor Outpost of the Barrens, the expedition spread and founded other settlements, and slowly more and more reinforcements come from the south to help create a strong Order foothold in the Barrens.

History: Officially The Grand Order of Canillo, but more commonly called "The Order", it was formed in 2019, shortly after the apocalypse the ravaged the Earth, as a small community in northeastern Andorra. The Bishop of Urgell, a few dozen priests, and eight thousand citizens of Andorra fled to the parish of Canillo in northeastern Andorra as the end began, in an attempt to save themselves from possible destruction and radiation. Originally pacifist, attacks by both mutated animals and raider tribes from former France and Spain pushed The Order to make a strong military arm, the Paladins of Saint Maurice, to discourage further attacks from others who would do the Order harm. Over time, the Paladins have grown larger and stronger, although many citizens in Canillo still see themselves as pacifist. Because of the uncertainty of the European Wasteland and their founding by former Catholic Church officials, The Order is fanatically religious and champions itself as the only hope for humanity. They preach peace and piety, however rumors state that Order Inquisitors and assassins have silenced critics and supposed "heretics" who opposed The Order, and the Order has used the Paladins to ruthlessly crush any tribes or raiders that oppose them. Despite these ambiguous morals, The Order has also done humanitarian things, such as teaching small communities how to farm in the wasteland, and educating the young children of these settlements. Their missionaries have also gone peacefully around to convert others to the Church of Canillo. The Order's presence in the Barrens is in the form of a few missionary settlements, an Inquisitor outpost, and a handful of Paladin camps in the southern edge of the map.

Culture and Economy: A largely agricultural-based economy, much of their time is devoted to worship and working to survive. What little trade occurs is usually textiles homewoven and dyed to be sold in market. Canillan culture is based around God and the Church of Canillo, and there are a few great holidays on which there is no work and only celebration, chiefly Winterfall (Christmas) and Spring Rising (Easter). Alcohol is not banned in Canillo, but citizens are expected to self-moderate and hold themselves to a moral standard.

=Military=
Military Population in the Barrens: 63 (42 Paladin Knights, 12 Paladin Hunters, 9 Inquisitors)
Military Equipment:

Paladin Knight
Paladin Hood
Knight Steel Armor
Knight Steel Sword
Wooden Shield

Paladin Hunter
Paladin Hood
Hunter Leather Armor
Hunter Shotgun (Limited Issue)
Hunter Bow and Quiver (Issued to those without shotguns)
Hunter Steel Short Sword
Chaser

Inquisitors
Inquisitor Helmet
Inquisitor Steel Armor
Inquisitor Steel Sword
Chaser

1. No more than 15% of your military can be equipped with guns.
2. No more than 7% of your total population in the Barrens may be in your military.
3. If you have any vehicles, they cannot be more than 3% of your military.
4. Your culture and technological level reflect in your military. If you're a raider tribe, you won't be using assault rifles, but if you're a slightly advanced tech-turtle faction you likely wouldn't be dirtying yourself with rusty melee weapons and prefer to shoot at a distance.
5. Equally like the above, your culture would reflect in your tactics. Raiders would prefer brutal, short shock attacks on weak targets, whereas scholars who studied tactics may hit at least semi-strategic targets with ambushes and hit-and-run guerilla tactics.

*Subject to change as the RP progresses*
Last edited by Sarejo on Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers mates.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:48 pm

Last edited by Sarejo on Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cheers mates.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:07 am

Well, nice to see this back. Also do you need a co-op? Cause I'll be happy to do it.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:09 am

Deramen wrote:Well, nice to see this back. Also do you need a co-op? Cause I'll be happy to do it.

Of course you can, my old friend.
Cheers mates.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:25 am

Sarejo wrote:
Deramen wrote:Well, nice to see this back. Also do you need a co-op? Cause I'll be happy to do it.

Kool. Well I got some ideas for animals.

Fly swarms
Something something ants
Dinosaur like chickens
Wasps with barrel sized cocoons
Impossible to kill turtles
Human like apes/monkeys
Bees with cave like honeycombs
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:02 pm

Tagerino
Last edited by Drakmah on Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Deramen wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

Kool. Well I got some ideas for animals.

Fly swarms
Something something ants
Dinosaur like chickens
Human like apes/monkeys

You find pics for them and name'em, I'll add them.
Cheers mates.

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Deramen wrote:Kool. Well I got some ideas for animals.

Fly swarms
Something something ants
Dinosaur like chickens
Human like apes/monkeys

You find pics for them and name'em, I'll add them.

Alright, I'll get on that.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Deramen
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:31 pm

Here's what I could get.

Fly swarms
Something something ants (Cant do it. Too gross for me.)
Dinosaur like chickens
Human like apes/monkeys
Bees with cave like honeycombs (Cant find a pic.)
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:

Gherrum
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Gherrum Application

Postby Gherrum » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:36 am

=Basic Information=
NS Nation Name: Gherrum
Faction Name: Nuovo Roma
Location (Map Image preferred): (Subject to some changes as my Faction is Nomadic) http://imgur.com/a/bSTOB

=Faction Information=
Population: ~1600
Government Type: Theocratic Absolute Monarchy
Ideology:
Goals: Conquest of new peoples, Survival, Restoration of their naive understanding of Old Rome
Position in the Barrens (Weak, Strong, Secretive, etc.): Mysterious. They are nomadic and 'invading' from the Italian peninsula. The Empire is extremely militaristic, but until now they have only encountered Barbarian Raider tribes.
Leader and Bio (At least 1 paragraph):
Emperor Augustus Tiberius Hadrien was born into a world his subjects created through blood and steel decades before his birth.They had toiled and warred through the Italian peninsula, the alps, and now had temporarily settled in a village they had just recently wrestled from the arms of its former inhabitants. The people thought little of the moral implications of the situations, for they fought to appease their God. A strong fearsome God of purity, knowledge, and War. Unfortunately that God had abandoned them many years ago. When he left hell descended upon them, and scorched the land, the sky, and the water. But he was a forgiving God, and promised that one day, he would walk among them. To unite them and free them from their scorched land. The people beckoned to him, "how will we know when you have come?" and he called back "i will have eyes of the purest sea, and hair of the blackest night". With that he abandoned his people for 200 years.
Until one day, a child was born. a child of fair skin, dark hair, and shimmering blue eyes, untouched by the fickle hand of mutation. That day was 19 years ago. This is where most other writers would tell you of the Emperor's fair and wise rule, unfortunately, the Reign of Hadrien was anything but. Being worshiped as an avatar of God from birth warped his nascent mind into an egotistical, self serving, husk. But no matter how terrible his reign becomes, his flock will follow dutifully, eager to appease the thirst of their laughing God. (Think of the guy from the 1981 Tainted love music video by Soft Cell for the Vibes Hadrien gives off)
History:
The Empire began as a collection of survivor groups centered around Southern Italy. However, that land was scourged with scores of terrifying beasts and other natural threats. After losing nearly all of their Fire arms and ammunition to the bloodied maw of mutants and cannibals, the people were forced to melt down and fashion their own Swords and armor. By now more than a generation passed, and the people became desperate for any hope for the future. their dream of salvation was only further fueled when one of the scouting parties returned with a single book. This tome, dubbed the Codex (but in reality a 6th Grade Textbook on the Roman Empire) by the distraught people, the book taught of a time when humans ruled and Man's only predator was himself. That time seemed so foreign now. so Alien. and They yearned to reclaim it. taking up their swords they pushed through Italy and into the Alps, seeking to reclaim the lands of man from the hideous maw of the Mutant and monster.
They emerged 23 Years later. They were not the same noble crusaders who charged into the darkness. They were broken and stitched back together a million times over, until the only thing recognizable about them was their unbreakable discipline and martial honor. Starvation had forced them into depravity. First the livestock, then the Horses, then the elderly. When they finally emerged onto the French Foothills of the Alps, they discovered a small village. At first they sent several scouts down to the village to assess their defenses and the scouts were welcomed in with neighborly arms. By the second night, the village and its former inhabitants belonged to the Empire. In that humble village, their God was born again and there they stayed for 19 years, licking their wounds and swelling their numbers. Now they are on the move again, and the earth shutters at the march of their boots.
Culture and Economy (At least 1 paragraph):
The Empire sustains itself almost totally by conquest. Smaller bandit tribes encountered by the Roaming (badum tss) Empire are either intimidated into joining, or are crushed by the Empire's Legion and indoctrinated in the Empire's culture and belief's. Those who resist assimilation are brutally tortured until they submit, or are outright killed and fed to the livestock. Some plants are grown in small pots strapped to the sides of large irradiated Oxen known as 'Bruttoi' (a portmanteau of the Italian Brutto {Ugly} and Buoi {Oxen}). The Bruttoi however, are mainly beasts of burden. Without the aid of the Bruttoi, the Empire would have never been able to scale the treacherous Alps and cross into the Barrens. The truth is that there is no way the empire will be able to keep this up forever, eventually the Empire will run out of raiders to assimilate and will have to settle down into a proper kingdom or perish. in homage to their fallen ancestors, every member of the military must fashion his own Face mask ( http://imgur.com/ePz7IGX ).

=Military=
Military Population: 158 ( 71 Hastati, 35 Princeps, 33 Sagitarii, 12 Equites, 6 Centurions, 1 Legate )
Military Equipment : Varies Depending on class

Legate (General)
---------
- Metal Face Mask
- Nightwalker pelt draped over helmet ( http://imgur.com/a/jO47Q )
- Short Sword
- Various metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble Roman General Armor

Centurion
------------
- Metal Face Mask
- Motley metal helmet meant to resemble a Centurion's helmet ( http://goo.gl/cdi0rJ )
- Short Sword
- Various metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble Roman Officer Armor
- Lightly Armored Chaser

Principes
-----------
- Metal Face Mask
- Wooden Shield reinforced with scrap metal
- Spear
- Short Sword
- Various metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble Heavy Roman Armor

Hastati
---------
- Metal Face Mask
- Spear
- Short Sword
- Various metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble light Roman Armor

Sagittarii
-----------
- Metal Face Mask
- Crude Wooden Bow
- Quiver of Scrap tipped Arrows

Equites
---------
- Metal Face Mask
- Spear
- Wooden Round Shield Reinforced with
- Lightly Armored Chaser
- Various Metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble light Roman Armor

Strengths: Large numbers and the ability to quickly recover from losses by Assimilating local populations.
Weaknesses: Incredibly low technology. no vehicles (mounted units ride lightly Armored Chasers), The Loss of an Officer (Centurion/Legate) can cause a catastrophic breakdown in the Unit.

=Misc=
Theme (Optional): Roman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RP Examples (2 Required unless otherwise specified. If this is your first or second RP, write a post to show your skill level): i feel like there was alot of sort of IC writing in this application. if you still need me to write a post just say so. (its 5 am and im super tired)

Tl;dr = Caesars Legion

DO NOT REMOVE: [Administrative Data]
Last edited by Gherrum on Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Go to Heaven for the Climate, Hell for the Company" - Mark Twain

Freedom, Gun Rights, Trump, Gay Marriage, Israel, Nationalism
Hillary, SJW, Monsanto

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:59 am

Gherrum wrote:=Basic Information=
NS Nation Name: Gherrum
Faction Name: Nuovo Roma
Location (Map Image preferred): (Subject to some changes as my Faction is Nomadic) http://imgur.com/a/bSTOB

=Faction Information=
Population: ~1600
Government Type: Theocratic Absolute Monarchy
Ideology:
Goals: Conquest of new peoples, Survival, Restoration of their naive understanding of Old Rome
Position in the Barrens (Weak, Strong, Secretive, etc.): Mysterious. They are nomadic and 'invading' from the Italian peninsula. The Empire is extremely militaristic, but until now they have only encountered Barbarian Raider tribes.
Leader and Bio (At least 1 paragraph):
Emperor Augustus Tiberius Hadrien was born into a world his subjects created through blood and steel decades before his birth.They had toiled and warred through the Italian peninsula, the alps, and now had temporarily settled in a village they had just recently wrestled from the arms of its former inhabitants. The people thought little of the moral implications of the situations, for they fought to appease their God. A strong fearsome God of purity, knowledge, and War. Unfortunately that God had abandoned them many years ago. When he left hell descended upon them, and scorched the land, the sky, and the water. But he was a forgiving God, and promised that one day, he would walk among them. To unite them and free them from their scorched land. The people beckoned to him, "how will we know when you have come?" and he called back "i will have eyes of the purest sea, and hair of the blackest night". With that he abandoned his people for 200 years.
Until one day, a child was born. a child of fair skin, dark hair, and shimmering blue eyes, untouched by the fickle hand of mutation. That day was 19 years ago. This is where most other writers would tell you of the Emperor's fair and wise rule, unfortunately, the Reign of Hadrien was anything but. Being worshiped as an avatar of God from birth warped his nascent mind into an egotistical, self serving, husk. But no matter how terrible his reign becomes, his flock will follow dutifully, eager to appease the thirst of their laughing God. (Think of the guy from the 1981 Tainted love music video by Soft Cell for the Vibes Hadrien gives off)
History:
The Empire began as a collection of survivor groups centered around Southern Italy. However, that land was scourged with scores of terrifying beasts and other natural threats. After losing nearly all of their Fire arms and ammunition to the bloodied maw of mutants and cannibals, the people were forced to melt down and fashion their own Swords and armor. By now more than a generation passed, and the people became desperate for any hope for the future. their dream of salvation was only further fueled when one of the scouting parties returned with a single book. This tome, dubbed the Codex (but in reality a 6th Grade Textbook on the Roman Empire) by the distraught people, the book taught of a time when humans ruled and Man's only predator was himself. That time seemed so foreign now. so Alien. and They yearned to reclaim it. taking up their swords they pushed through Italy and into the Alps, seeking to reclaim the lands of man from the hideous maw of the Mutant and monster.
They emerged 23 Years later. They were not the same noble crusaders who charged into the darkness. They were broken and stitched back together a million times over, until the only thing recognizable about them was their unbreakable discipline and martial honor. Starvation had forced them into depravity. First the livestock, then the Horses, then the elderly. When they finally emerged onto the French Foothills of the Alps, they discovered a small village. At first they sent several scouts down to the village to assess their defenses and the scouts were welcomed in with neighborly arms. By the second night, the village and its former inhabitants belonged to the Empire. In that humble village, their God was born again and there they stayed for 19 years, licking their wounds and swelling their numbers. Now they are on the move again, and the earth shutters at the march of their boots.
Culture and Economy (At least 1 paragraph):
The Empire sustains itself almost totally by conquest. Smaller bandit tribes encountered by the Roaming (badum tss) Empire are either intimidated into joining, or are crushed by the Empire's Legion and indoctrinated in the Empire's culture and belief's. Those who resist assimilation are brutally tortured until they submit, or are outright killed and fed to the livestock. Some plants are grown in small pots strapped to the sides of large irradiated Oxen known as 'Bruttoi' (a portmanteau of the Italian Brutto {Ugly} and Buoi {Oxen}). The Bruttoi however, are mainly beasts of burden. Without the aid of the Bruttoi, the Empire would have never been able to scale the treacherous Alps and cross into the Barrens. The truth is that there is no way the empire will be able to keep this up forever, eventually the Empire will run out of raiders to assimilate and will have to settle down into a proper kingdom or perish. in homage to their fallen ancestors, every member of the military must fashion his own Face mask ( http://imgur.com/ePz7IGX ).

=Military=
Military Population: 158 ( 71 Hastati, 38 Princeps, 33 Sagitarii, 12 Equites, 3 Centurions, 1 Legate )
Military Equipment : Varies Depending on class

Legate (General)
---------
- Metal Face Mask
- Nightwalker pelt draped over helmet ( http://imgur.com/a/jO47Q )
- Short Sword
- Various metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble Roman General Armor

Centurion
------------
- Metal Face Mask
- Motley metal helmet meant to resemble a Centurion's helmet ( http://goo.gl/cdi0rJ )
- Short Sword
- Various metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble Roman Officer Armor
- Lightly Armored Chaser

Principes
-----------
- Metal Face Mask
- Spear
- Short Sword
- Various metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble Heavy Roman Armor

Hastati
---------
- Metal Face Mask
- Spear
- Short Sword

Sagittarii
-----------
- Metal Face Mask
- Crude Wooden Bow
- Quiver of Scrap tipped Arrows

Equites
---------
- Metal Face Mask
- Spear
- Wooden Round Shield Reinforced with
- Lightly Armored Chaser
- Various Metal pieces and red cloth meant to resemble light Roman Armor

Strengths: Large numbers and the ability to quickly recover from losses by Assimilating local populations.
Weaknesses: Incredibly low technology. no vehicles (mounted units ride lightly Armored Chasers)

=Misc=
Theme (Optional): Roman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RP Examples (2 Required unless otherwise specified. If this is your first or second RP, write a post to show your skill level): i feel like there was alot of sort of IC writing in this application. if you still need me to write a post just say so. (its 5 am and im super tired)

Tl;dr = Caesars Legion

You wrote a long bio so I'll let the RP slide, however I think in order to further balance out your numbers I suggest that you add something to the effect that the loss of an officer can possibly lead to a breakdown in unit cohesion as the medium for getting orders is lost.
Cheers mates.

Gherrum
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gherrum » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:20 pm

You wrote a long bio so I'll let the RP slide, however I think in order to further balance out your numbers I suggest that you add something to the effect that the loss of an officer can possibly lead to a breakdown in unit cohesion as the medium for getting orders is lost.

Agreed, ill add it right now
"Go to Heaven for the Climate, Hell for the Company" - Mark Twain

Freedom, Gun Rights, Trump, Gay Marriage, Israel, Nationalism
Hillary, SJW, Monsanto

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:29 pm

@Above ACCEPTED.
Cheers mates.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Reserve me a Scottish Braveheart faction.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:46 pm

=Basic Information=
NS Nation Name: Tay-Tay the great
Faction Name: The Kingdom of Scottland
Location (Map Image preferred): Scottish Highlands

=Faction Information=
Population (No larger than 2000): 1874
Government Type: Monarchy
Ideaology: Imperialism
Goals: To imperialize everyone
Position in the Barrens (Weak, Strong, Secretive, etc.): Strong
Leader and Bio (At least 1 paragraph): King Montgomery IV was born into the Scottish Royalty. His father had served his kingdom, who his father before built with the help of his father before. He was raised knowing that he would soon command the Kingdom, and his father had him trained in strategy, military organization, and tactics. Before his father died, he was a Captain of a Scottish infantry company, and this gave him experience in the feild. When he was 29, his father died, giving him the throne as his only heir.

And so he had the Feild Marshals of the Kingdom march on, forcefully annexing parts of Scottland, defeating any resistance with shock and awe tactics. His armies were heavily composed of infantry regiments, and said regiments were mostly pikemen, with support from archers, longbowmen, and crossbowmen. He kept his mounted calvery and artillery in reserve for the most part, trying not to exhaust to manny reasources on what could be a fruitless effort. It wasn't until the height of his reign, ruling over 3000 subjects (on paper), when his kingdom started to fall.

Many of his nobility declared independence and lords tried to form their own kingdoms, but they were short lived and paled in comparison to the old kingdom. After military trials for the traitorous nobles were held, the Armies of Scottland marched on their old lands, burning it all to the ground in revenge, killing hundreds and driving out thousands of people from their homes. Of course this lead to internal strife, but it was quickly and silently quelled.

Now, 60 years old, Montgomery is ready to rebuild his once great empire. He has replenished his reserves and equipped his armies, and is training his officers for battle. While some of the King's previous exploits in the region were morally questionable, his only motive is to rebuild the Kingdom, and he has agreed with his advisers that bringing every settlement to it's knees would only bring about another fall of the kingdom, so this time he intends to annex them by scaring them into submission with shows of force, mainly by wiping out raider tribes and small Biking bands. This new doctrine will hopefully rebuild the empire.

History (At least 2 paragraphs): (Is it alright if I just folded this into my leader's bio?)
Culture and Economy (At least 1 paragraph): Scottland was founded upon feudalistic principles, thus leading to a heavily Middle Ages society. The country doesn't rely or even widely use old world technology, and it's economy is agricultural based with contributions from the black smiths and miners. The king has a set of nobles under his command, who have lords under their command, who have Knights and subjects under their command. This has lead to a social class system developing, and thus people trying to move up in this system causing capitalism to take its early forms.

=Military=
Military Population: 140
Military Equipment: See below
Strengths: It's system of command is something to be rivaled, leading to effective military campaigns and mostly successful battles with minor casualties.
Weaknesses: If the superior officer of any unit larger than a company is killed, along with their NCO, than the entire unit is rendered incapable of major strategical operations for some time until another senior commissioned officer can be appointed the command.
Officer Ranks
To become an officer, you must either receive a commission from royalty or nobility, sometimes even a warrant.
Feild Marshal:
Leader of an Army in a given area of operations, usually in command of multiple regiments. Usually doesn't carry weapons as they remain behind the frontlines. Usually a noble or member of the royal family, but sometimes the king can appoint someone who they have great trust in with this position.

Colonel/Eagle Captain
Leader of a regiment, which is composed of two or more companies, they usually have command over their subordinate officers during battle. They usually carry shorts swords, dawn light but ceremonial armor, and are mounted on Chasers in formations, but usually don't partake in direct combat. A colonel outranks an Eagle Captain, but their responsibilities are usually the same. Most colonels have Eagle Captains who advise them in battle and fulfill staff positions. Usually a Noble commands these units, or a person who a noble trusts with this command.

Captain/Silver Lieutenant
Leader of a company, which is composed of usually twenty people, or two platoons, they have direct command of their unit in battle, only taking orders from Colonels that lead their regiments for tactical reasons, they lead their units into battle. They carry broadswords and wear heavy armor into battle, but they rarely can be seen mounted before battle while they give commands to their subordinates. Captains outrank Silver Lieutenants, as Silver Lieutenants usually lead the staff section of a company, which is composed of a few NCOs who control logistics, and supplies.

Lieutenant
The most junior officer in the Scottish Army, they serve as platoon leaders. While mostly a ceremonial rank, they take charge of a company if their Captain falls. While this rank almost resembles the responsibility of an NCO, the main distinction is that they sometimes are given command of a specialized platoon that is trained for one duty and operates separately from a company. The platoon has two or more squads, but usually any command or leadership positions are irrelevant during battle. Lieutenants wear medium studded leather armor and carry longswords and iron shields.

Enlisted and NCO ranks.
To become an NCO, you must first enlist by signing a private contract that promises your services as a soldier to your company commander/noble. By signing this contract, you agree to serve the King's army for a certain amount of time until you are released. If you re-enlist, you will likely get a pay bonus as well as a higher chance of being promoted. If you leave the army before your contact expires, you are subject to much heavier taxation by the crown.

Command Sergeant
The NCO of an army in a feild of operations, they report directly to a feild marshal and usually manage all enlisted operations in the feild of operations, from supply issues to logistics. They wear light armor, and carry an iron shield and broadsword although they rarely enter into battle.

Sergeant Major
The NCO of a regiment, they usually head up the regimental staff, and give the Colonel's orders to the company commanders. They wear medium armor and carry shorts swords for self defense only, as they rarely partake in battle due to their responsibilities.

Staff Sergeant
The NCO of the company, they usually make up the company staff section, that reports directly to the Silver Lieutenants, which in turn, reports to the Sergeant Major of a regiment. They dawn heavy armor, an iron shield, and a longsword, as when the battle starts, they usually enter combat with their company.

Sergeant
The most junior NCO of Scottland's NCO channel of support, the Sergeant advises the Lieutenant of a platoon, but mainly serves a combat role like his subordinates. Sporting medium leather armor, a wooden shield, and a pike, they enter combat in every battle.

Corporal

The leader of a squad, they usually keep their men in line during and after battle by instilling discipline. They wear light armor and carry a wooden shield.

Lance Corporal/Private
The backbone of the Scottish Army, these soldiers enlist or are called upon by their nobleman, and sign a private contract for pay in exchange for their loyalty in battle. While a Lance Corporal outranks a Private, they both serve the same job as combat personnel. Lance Corporals usually have a good deal of combat experience, while privates have less combat experience and have to rely on their training. They carry light armor, a wooden shield, and a pike into combat.

Other Ranks

Ensign

They usually carry their unit's colors into battle, wearing light armor. They hold the same ranking of a Corporal but since they have different responsibilities they are a different rank. Ensigns that hold regimental colors hold the same ranking of a sergeant, and sometimes can be addressed to as 'Color Sergeant.'

Knight

Usually a Nobleman's personal guard, they aren't included in the company, but usually are ordered to support the infantry as they are mounted on Chasers and wear heavy armor and carry longswords. They only report to their noble, so in cases where it isn't a noble that leads the company, they usually just defend the regimental commander.

Warrant Officer

Usually equal to a lieutenant, they serve as an emergency replacement of a platoon leader after battle of the platoon leader has fallen. Instead of getting a commission, they get a warrant for their comman, which basically means they get paid less and don't carry some of the normal responsibilities of a lieutenant. They are usually experienced mercenaries and can carry a variety of equipment of weapons into battle.

Two Feild Marshals, 4 Colonels/Eagle Captains, 11 Captains/Silver Lieutenants, 19 Lieutenants/Warrant Officers, 16 Ensigns, 85 NCOs/Enlisted personnel, 15 Knights.
=Misc=
Theme (Optional): Scottland The Brave
RP Examples: You know me.

Last edited by Tayner on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:30 pm

Tayner wrote:=Basic Information=

=Faction Information=
Leader and Bio (At least 1 paragraph): King Montgomery IV was born into the Scottish Royalty. His father had served his kingdom, who his father before built with the help of his father before. He was raised knowing that he would soon command the Kingdom, and his father had him trained in strategy, military organization, and tactics. Before his father died, he was a Captain of a Scottish infantry company, and this gave him experience in the feild. When he was 29, his father died, giving him the throne as his only heir.

And so he had the Feild Marshals of the Kingdom march on, forcefully annexing parts of Scottland, defeating any resistance with shock and awe tactics. His armies were heavily composed of infantry regiments, and said regiments were mostly pikemen, with support from archers, longbowmen, and crossbowmen. He kept his mounted calvery and artillery in reserve for the most part, trying not to exhaust to manny reasources on what could be a fruitless effort. It wasn't until the height of his reign, ruling over 3000 subjects (on paper), when his kingdom started to fall.

Many of his nobility declared independence and lords tried to form their own kingdoms, but they were short lived and paled in comparison to the old kingdom. After military trials for the traitorous nobles were held, the Armies of Scottland marched on their old lands, burning it all to the ground in revenge, killing hundreds and driving out thousands of people from their homes. Of course this lead to internal strife, but it was quickly and silently quelled.

Now, 60 years old, Montgomery is ready to rebuild his once great empire. He has replenished his reserves and equipped his armies, and is training his officers for battle. While some of the King's previous exploits in the region were morally questionable, his only motive is to rebuild the Kingdom, and he has agreed with his advisers that bringing every settlement to it's knees would only bring about another fall of the kingdom, so this time he intends to annex them by scaring them into submission with shows of force, mainly by wiping out raider tribes and small Biking bands. This new doctrine will hopefully rebuild the empire.

History (At least 2 paragraphs): (Is it alright if I just folded this into my leader's bio?)
Culture and Economy (At least 1 paragraph): Scottland was founded upon feudalistic principles, thus leading to a heavily Middle Ages society. The country doesn't rely or even widely use old world technology, and it's economy is agricultural based with contributions from the black smiths and miners. The king has a set of nobles under his command, who have lords under their command, who have Knights and subjects under their command. This has lead to a social class system developing, and thus people trying to move up in this system causing capitalism to take its early forms.

=Military=
Military Population: 154
Strengths: It's system of command is something to be rivaled, leading to effective military campaigns and mostly successful battles with minor casualties.
Weaknesses: If the superior officer of any unit larger than a company is killed, along with their NCO, than the entire unit is rendered incapable of major strategical operations for some time until another senior commissioned officer can be appointed the command.
Officer Ranks
To become an officer, you must either receive a commission from royalty or nobility, sometimes even a warrant.
Feild Marshal:
Leader of an Army in a given area of operations, usually in command of multiple regiments. Usually doesn't carry weapons as they remain behind the frontlines. Usually a noble or member of the royal family, but sometimes the king can appoint someone who they have great trust in with this position.

Colonel/Eagle Captain
Leader of a regiment, which is composed of two or more companies, they usually have command over their subordinate officers during battle. They usually carry shorts swords, dawn light but ceremonial armor, and are mounted on Chasers in formations, but usually don't partake in direct combat. A colonel outranks an Eagle Captain, but their responsibilities are usually the same. Most colonels have Eagle Captains who advise them in battle and fulfill staff positions. Usually a Noble commands these units, or a person who a noble trusts with this command.

Leader of a company, which is composed of usually twenty people, or two platoons, they have direct command of their unit in battle, only taking orders from Colonels that lead their regiments for tactical reasons, they lead their units into battle. They carry broadswords and wear heavy armor into battle, but they rarely can be seen mounted before battle while they give commands to their subordinates. Captains outrank Silver Lieutenants, as Silver Lieutenants usually lead the staff section of a company, which is composed of a few NCOs who control logistics, and supplies.

Lieutenant
The most junior officer in the Scottish Army, they serve as platoon leaders. While mostly a ceremonial rank, they take charge of a company if their Captain falls. While this rank almost resembles the responsibility of an NCO, the main distinction is that they sometimes are given command of a specialized platoon that is trained for one duty and operates separately from a company. The platoon has two or more squads, but usually any command or leadership positions are irrelevant during battle. Lieutenants wear medium studded leather armor and carry longswords and iron shields.

Enlisted and NCO ranks.
To become an NCO, you must first enlist by signing a private contract that promises your services as a soldier to your company commander/noble. By signing this contract, you agree to serve the King's army for a certain amount of time until you are released. If you re-enlist, you will likely get a pay bonus as well as a higher chance of being promoted. If you leave the army before your contact expires, you are subject to much heavier taxation by the crown.

Command Sergeant
The NCO of an army in a feild of operations, they report directly to a feild marshal and usually manage all enlisted operations in the feild of operations, from supply issues to logistics. They wear light armor, and carry an iron shield and broadsword although they rarely enter into battle.

Sergeant Major
The NCO of a regiment, they usually head up the regimental staff, and give the Colonel's orders to the company commanders. They wear medium armor and carry shorts swords for self defense only, as they rarely partake in battle due to their responsibilities.

Staff Sergeant
The NCO of the company, they usually make up the company staff section, that reports directly to the Silver Lieutenants, which in turn, reports to the Sergeant Major of a regiment. They dawn heavy armor, an iron shield, and a longsword, as when the battle starts, they usually enter combat with their company.

Sergeant
The most junior NCO of Scottland's NCO channel of support, the Sergeant advises the Lieutenant of a platoon, but mainly serves a combat role like his subordinates. Sporting medium leather armor, a wooden shield, and a pike, they enter combat in every battle.

Corporal

The leader of a squad, they usually keep their men in line during and after battle by instilling discipline. They wear light armor and carry a wooden shield.

Lance Corporal/Private
The backbone of the Scottish Army, these soldiers enlist or are called upon by their nobleman, and sign a private contract for pay in exchange for their loyalty in battle. While a Lance Corporal outranks a Private, they both serve the same job as combat personnel. Lance Corporals usually have a good deal of combat experience, while privates have less combat experience and have to rely on their training. They carry light armor, a wooden shield, and a pike into combat.

Other Ranks

Ensign

They usually carry their unit's colors into battle, wearing light armor. They hold the same ranking of a Corporal but since they have different responsibilities they are a different rank. Ensigns that hold regimental colors hold the same ranking of a sergeant, and sometimes can be addressed to as 'Color Sergeant.'

Knight

Usually a Nobleman's personal guard, they aren't included in the company, but usually are ordered to support the infantry as they are mounted on Chasers and wear heavy armor and carry longswords. They only report to their noble, so in cases where it isn't a noble that leads the company, they usually just defend the regimental commander.

Warrant Officer

Usually equal to a lieutenant, they serve as an emergency replacement of a platoon leader after battle of the platoon leader has fallen. Instead of getting a commission, they get a warrant for their comman, which basically means they get paid less and don't carry some of the normal responsibilities of a lieutenant. They are usually experienced mercenaries and can carry a variety of equipment of weapons into battle.

Two Feild Marshals, 5 Colonels/Eagle Captains, 12 Capitans/Silver Lieutenants, 20 Lieutenants/Warrant Officers, 17 Ensigns, 90 NCOs/Enlisted personnel, 20 Knights.
=Misc=

Military's a wee bit high there mate, about 20 people too high. Other than that, it looks good.
Cheers mates.

Conchabira
Minister

Founded: Oct 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conchabira » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Tagged

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:42 am

Cam I just raise my population some instead of dropping my military?

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:54 am

Tayner wrote:Cam I just raise my population some instead of dropping my military?

At the current status of a max 2k pop and a 7% max military, you would top out at a maximum 140 troops.
Cheers mates.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:53 am

Sarejo wrote:
Tayner wrote:Cam I just raise my population some instead of dropping my military?

At the current status of a max 2k pop and a 7% max military, you would top out at a maximum 140 troops.

I'll drop some enlisted people then.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:00 pm

Tayner wrote:
Sarejo wrote:

I'll drop some enlisted people then.

Righto. Do that and you're accepted.
Cheers mates.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Sarejo wrote:
Tayner wrote:I'll drop some enlisted people then.

Righto. Do that and you're accepted.

I scalped down the numbers some, not sure if I'm exact but I'm closer to the money.

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Tayner wrote:=Basic Information=

=Faction Information=

=Military=
Military Population: 140
Officer Ranks
Feild Marshal:

Colonel/Eagle Captain

Lieutenant

Enlisted and NCO ranks.

Command Sergeant

Sergeant Major

Staff Sergeant

Sergeant

Corporal

Lance Corporal/Private

Other Ranks

Ensign

Knight

Warrant Officer

Two Feild Marshals, 4 Colonels/Eagle Captains, 11 Captains/Silver Lieutenants, 19 Lieutenants/Warrant Officers, 16 Ensigns, 85 NCOs/Enlisted personnel, 15 Knights.
=Misc=

That's close enough and since we have history I'll accept it. ACCEPTED.
Cheers mates.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Thanks man. I'll be sure to take a few extra casualties sometime to even it out.

So, just asking, can our populations grow larger throughout the RP by conquest and whatnot?

Sarejo
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:16 pm

Tayner wrote:Thanks man. I'll be sure to take a few extra casualties sometime to even it out.

So, just asking, can our populations grow larger throughout the RP by conquest and whatnot?

Ehh... I'll think on that. I want to emphasize that like 90%-ish of the world population is dead, ergo there are VERY low populations, so maybe... We'll see.
Cheers mates.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse