NATION

PASSWORD

Of Artefacts and Antiquities WB Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Of Artefacts and Antiquities WB Thread

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Two years ago an event happened that shook the long stagnant and dying magical world. Something woke up, and with it magic came back to the world in full force. See, while magic and the races that were made by it and of it, once existed But after humanity came and usurped them throughout a series of bloody wars, Magic and the races that used it all but disappeared. The Last truly powerful magical being was one known in human history as Vlad Tepes Dracula, or Vlad the Impaler. He was actually a vampire, one of the last powerful ones, like any of the magical beings there were still a handful left, though they were weak and secluded.

As the few magical races died out or left the view of the few human groups that tracked them, magic started to die as well. Humanity gained the power to use magic from the other beings, and through interbreeding with the other races. Eventually instead of being Halfbreeds or hybrids, the humans gained usage of magic, though the magical bloodlines are rare enough especially nowadays. With the event Magic was not the only thing that is back in this world of ours. With magic Far older things than the infant that is humanity have been brought back into this world. Vampires as well as other notable supernatural races have started to appear back into the world more noticeably.

This prompted the creation of a Task force of sorts by the Magical Council, which is made of the influential magical families in the world. They were not the only group that formed, others of more sinister natures awoke. One exception was a building called the Museum, it was an ancient Artefact that was tasked with the purpose of gathering other Artefacts that could pose a threat to the world in human hands or the hands of the other races. As magic had faded, it had grown weaker, until it was forced into a hibernation state where it slept until recently.

Hello and Welcome to the Worldbuilding and interest thread for an Rp i am planning called Of Artefacts and Antiquities with atleast one prequel planned(Of Blood and Magic). While i do have most of the stuff worked out I still need help fleshing out what i have. I am also including apps for Artifacts (both to be used by the Task Force and to be searched for) and Apps for the major Magical families. You can have a member with either council, so a Magical human or Supernatural, or someone with the Museum.
Code: Select all
[b][u]WB Artifact App:[/u][/b]
[b]Artifact Name:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pic Or Description, if Applicable.)
[b]Type:[/b] (Artefact, Antiquity or Magic Tool.)
[b]Mass produced?[/b]: (Yes or No,For magic Tools only)
[b]Effect:[/b](What does it do?)
[b]Artifact history:[/b] (What is the history of the Artifact?)
[b]Country/Mythology of origin:[/b] (Where did the Item originate, only if applicable)
[b]Enhance-able:[/b] ( can the powers increase when in the hands of certain beings? Usually only applies to Artifacts and Antiquities)
[b]Clues:[/b](Only for Artefacts and Antiquities and only if it will be searched for. Basically any things that might alert others to it, or anything unique only to that item.)

Code: Select all
[b][u]Major Magical Family App:[/u][/b]
[b]Family Name:[/b] (the surname though in some cases this is more of a codename, usually has some connection to the ability.)
[b]Family Logo/Sigil:[/b](Pic Or Description, if Applicable. usually related to the ancestral being))
[b]Country of Origin:[/b] (What country is the Families seat of power located in?)
[b]Family Head:[/b](Name and any other needed info)
[b]Notable Members:[/b]
[b]Family Bloodline:[/b](What Type is it, what being are they descended from and any other important info)
[b]Family Magic:[/b](What is the most common form of magic seen in the Family? Has to do with the bloodline)
[b]Family History:[/b]
[b]Notable Magics:[/b](Magic abilities not commonly seen in the Bloodline of the Family.)

May add more apps later.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Info dump post

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Magic is a miraculous thing to say the least, but it is not without cost. Even for the Supernatural magical beings magic will take its toll, the more a being uses magic the more it will physically and mentally effect them. The effects can be recovered from over time, but should someone overdraft their amgic, trying to preform a feat beyond them, their magic may be permanently effected or even lose the ability to use magic all together.

Humans being what they are, can only use magic if they Possess a Bloodline, there are exceptions though. Humans can use magic through Artifacts or they can gain magic through a Pact with a powerful beings. Pacts usually don't end up well for the human side of the bargain. Regardless, non bloodline magic is costly for those who use it. The younger a human is when their magic awakes the more powerful their magic is, but their magic will also be much harder to control.

The term Supernatural, is used in place of monster or creature when referring to beings of Magical or supernatural origins. Once nearly every imaginable monster written or talked about existed, there was a time when Dragons ruled the skies and Elves and Orcs, and other such beings ruled the earth, when humans cropped up things changed. Very few of the Older Supernaturals still exist, many either left this realm or entered a hibernation state to attempt to survive. See while many have barely been able to live to see magic being reborn, others werent afforded that chance. many of the Supernatural races were so dependent on magic or that it was so a part of them that when it disappeared they started dying or panicking in droves.

Bloodlines are what determines what magic a human can use, it directly relates to any supernatural blood in their veins. When supernatural beings mate with humans there are three possible results, a Pure supernatural being born, a human-Supernatural hybrid, or a Human with powerful magical abilities related to the Supernatural. It is only from the second or third results that a Human magical Bloodline is established. The powers of the Bloodline are relatively set in stone, so to speak, a Descendant of a Phoenix, for example will have strong general fire, or flight related abilities, but that can change. If someone with the Bloodline of a Fire elemental or Dragon would marry into the family that Possessed the Phoenix bloodline, the children of the union, and their descendants, the Fire abilities would be strengthened, and new abilities would perhaps develop.

This discovery has, in the past, led to arranged marriages to strengthen a Bloodline or develop new ones, though it died down, with the Rebirth of Magic, the practice has started to pick up again. Due to the Stagnation of magic, the abilities of many of the magical families had diminished greatly. As a result the Families had gotten smaller, now however things have changed. Since the Rebirth, and the strengthening and surfacing of Bloodlines with it unions have been made between families to strengthen their future generations. This in turn has led to a peace of sorts between all the Families, for now atleast, there is a still a rivalry though. the Families are divided in the same way the Bloodlines are. Elemental, Legacy, Seasonal/Conceptual, and Divine. Though mostly the first two as few Families solely of the last two Bloodlines exist anymore. The Bloodlines are as detailed below:

Elemental Bloodline: Elemental Bloodlines usually have the blood of powerful elemental beings contained in it. Examples would be Elementals of all types or Supernatural Beings with an Elemental nature, (though they may not be an elemental or have only power related to their element), examples of the latter would be Fire Dragons, Phoenixes, or similar beings. Although rare an inheritor of an Elemental Bloodline may contain some Legacy Bloodline characteristics.

Legacy Bloodline: Legacy Bloodlines are usually more physical or cerebral in nature than the other Bloodlines. They would have enhanced strength, or flight, or even eb able to take on their Ancestors form or a facsimile at least. Some may have an elemental or Divine Bloodline Characteristic present in their ability. Examples would be descendants of normal Dragons or Minotaurs, perhaps even sirens or other similar beings.

Seasonal/Conceptual Bloodline: Extremely rare to find pure Bloodlines for, but Seasonal/Conceptual Bloodlines deals with beings whose bloodline granted humans control over things that arent mere elements or the like. They have control over much broader things like Heat or Cold, Winter or Summer, Death or perhaps even Time. They are extremely, extremely powerful, though the abilities are taxing. Most Elemental Bloodlines have a Trace of these in them, as long ago, the Elemental Families sought unions with those whose Bloodlines would strengthen their own, as a result these bloodlines are now nearly extinct if not totally so.

Divine/Sacred Bloodline: Like the Seasonal/Conceptual Bloodlines these are rare, but for a different reason. They are more like a mutation of sorts that appears rather than a seperate Bloodline now. They possessed a powerful variant of one of the other Bloodlines, that were similar yet different. Usually they were inherited from beings thought to be Holy or revered as deities. most holders of this Bloodline Perished with Dracula so long ago.

Wild Bloodline: More info to be added, for now you just have to know, these Bloodlines and those who inherit them are considered evil. The beings that fathered these Bloodlines were called Demons or Deva, or other similar things.

Magic Tools: Magical items of weaker power, usually based off an Artefact or Antiquity. They are often mass produced, and very rarely are there powerful ones. They can be used by non magical humans, but there is a cost, that some may consider too great. They can become Artefacts through a complicated and costly ritual that involves absorbing magical items and things related to the Tool.

Artefacts: Items of a magical origin, made for a specific purpose most are notable items of myth and legend. Excalibur, Caliburn, Clarent, The Gae Bolg, other similar items, most are weapons or other items of war.

Antiquities: Items that were once normal, but their owners had magic and the items were unknowingly imbued, and they have awoken since magic has came back in the world. For example Charles Dickens tobacco pipe, see Charles Dickens wasn't entirely human, and he could see and hear spirits and the dead. His pipe got imbued with that power, but it can cause those not attuned to death to go insane, and those attuned to it can perhaps influence or control the spirits that the Pipe draws to it.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Organizations in the World

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Since Magic has come back two Organizations have formed:

The Magical Council: A council of the most influential and powerful Magical humans, they with the assistance of the Clockwork Council keep magic and the Supernatural from ordinary humans as much as they can. They have mandates and precepts to keep the magical world hidden, but the Task Force of the council is left with a little leeway concerning the rules.

The Clockwork Council: a Council formed by the most powerful supernatural beings, to keep the growing supernatural community in check.

And a few have reawoken:

The Museum: a Mysterious entity that is neutral being both evil and good, that takes Dangerous artifacts and occasionally beings and hides them from those that would or could abuse them.

The Abberrant ones: a Group of monstrously powerful and malicious supernatural beings. But their power was their downfall. They required magic more than the other beings and few currently exist, others left this world. But with the return of magic, they have returned as well, and as the Councils fruitlessly pursue peace they grow stronger.

Other groups will be added should they be thought of, and fit the world well.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Magical Familes and other important things

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Major/Minor Magical Families

House Naopte-Mundeo
Derleth Family-Grestin (very very loosely associated with the Council.)
Shinigami Family-Parcia-WIP
House Tordenherre-Lombardia Imperium-WIP
Grey Family-Aghrabia
Messer Family-KB (Kinky Bastards)

ARTIFACTS

Atefacts and Antiquities

Blood Dagger-KB
Blood Totem-Shark Isle
Blood Knights Armor-Rygondria
Unknown Shrine?-Me/Shadowwell
Greater and Lesser Keys of Solomon-Aghrabia
Hitlers Handgun-Aghrabia
Pied Pipers Pipe-Aghrabia
Seal of Solomon-Aghrabia
Durandal-Aghrabia
Viktolian Compendium- New Grestin
Book of the Erythraean Sibyl-Max Empire
Blade of Vlad Tepes-Mundeo
Charles Dickens Pipe-Shadowwell

Magic Tool List

Limiting Cuffs: a Set of metal handcuffs created to nullify the ability for the being wearing them to use magic. However they are only as strong as the magic that activated them. Meaning if the being is so much stronger magically than the person who activated the Tool, them they are useless. They were originally created for an English lord to ‘play’ with one of his consorts without her magic killing him. They can also Prevent the Change of Werewolves and other similar beings.

Shock Stick: A simple metal rod that has much the same effect as a Taser, but the voltage can be increased with the more magic that is poured into them. There are two types one type depends on the wielders magic and shocks non magical beings that try to use it, the other has a set amount of magic within and can shoot blasts of electricity at the cost of the energy contained in it. The later while less taxing can only be refilled by a special apparatus or those with the right bloodline.

Elemental Cudgels: Affectionately called Beatsticks by those that first used them. They were created after the Shock Stick, but hold much the same purpose. They act in a similar manner to staffs of most fantasy worlds slightly enhance the users elemental magic, and if the person is powerful enough they can change the shape and appearance of the Cudgel to whatever they prefer. While mass produced the high quality ones are rare to see.

Shifting Brooch: It is a pin or charm like item, rather small but varied in appearance, they allow someone to change their appearance. There are limitations however The new appearance will still have similarities to the original. Additionally the scent and magical signature of the person remain largely the same. There are very few true shape shifters in the world, thus the magic behind the item is flawed. Some versions can allow Non-Humans to change their features only slightly.

Philosophers Stone: Once this was commonly made and used during the Height of Magic, but now days they are extremely rare. They can extend ones life forcibly, but at a cost, to both the stone adn the user. They can also turn base metals into gold or Silver, and other similar metals. They are a costly thing to make, but the process was long ago lost. Recently imperfect ones have been seen occasionally.

Nazar: Of Turkish origin they protect the wearer from minor curses, though can be more powerful if certain conditions are met. Many of these are actually fake, but can be easily found in the home region. Rarely real ones can be found in the Middle East and parts of Europe.

Omamori:Provides luck and possible protection of sorts, they were originally created by Shinto priests and Buddhists. Recently they have been seen in many places around the world, but they have started to regain their original power and use.

Temp Objective List
(must be completed before the RP starts)

-Pic for the OP-Courtesy of Grestin

-Major Families completed, atleast 9-12 (2 done 4 or so still WIP)

-Possibly do a list of possible Artifacts but that will be a bit yet before the IC is affected.(Not Quite done, but is getting there through my effort and taht of others)

-Maybe add other Groups, but they won't be Playable for now.

-Come up with the Council Mandates, and a new name for the Task Force.

-Unknown
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Taggged.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:59 pm

Here, have another tag
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:02 pm

So any thoughts or ideas, or improvements.

there may still be information scattered across a few rp groups i havent included yet.

Kinky Bastards
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinky Bastards » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Shadowwell wrote:So any thoughts or ideas, or improvements.

there may still be information scattered across a few rp groups i havent included yet.

Can we use real (or "real") artefacts, such as the holy grail, the spear of destiny, etc., and items from other works of fiction, such as the Colt from "Supernatural"?

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:47 pm

The description of the different types of bloodlines could use a little cleaning up, it starts to become a run-off sentence in some parts. Maybe you can separate the different bloodline types in a list, like you did for the types of artifacts?

May I add that I'm getting so many Warehouse 13 vibes from this. It's sort of like a magical version of that.
Last edited by Mundeo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have at you!

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:56 pm

Curious.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Would it be possible to have a family descended from Dracula, or claim descent from Dracula?
Last edited by Mundeo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have at you!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Kinky Bastards wrote:

Can we use real (or "real") artefacts, such as the holy grail, the spear of destiny, etc., and items from other works of fiction, such as the Colt from "Supernatural"?

Spear of destiny possibly, holy grail perhaps, Colt from supernatural no, but perhaps something similar.

Mundeo wrote:

The description of the different types of bloodlines could use a little cleaning up, it starts to become a run-off sentence in some parts. Maybe you can separate the different bloodline types in a list, like you did for the types of artifacts?

May I add that I'm getting so many Warehouse 13 vibes from this. It's sort of like a magical version of that.

I know i have to tidy that up.

That was one of the influences:

The Librarians, Warehouse 13, Indiana Jones, Supernatural, and the Secret World, a bit, all mixe into an rp, for the most part. Also throw in some lore from Thelrose Academy, an rp of mine i wasnt able to do.

Mundeo wrote:Would it be possible to have a family descended from Dracula, or claim descent from Dracula?

It depends, Vampire descendants maybe if you count being in a line Dracula Sired, Human its possible, though you would have to think of some powers to go with the Bloodline.

Nea Videssos wrote:Curious.

Any other thoughts besides that? lol
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Mundeo wrote:Would it be possible to have a family descended from Dracula, or claim descent from Dracula?

It depends, Vampire descendants maybe if you count being in a line Dracula Sired, Human its possible, though you would have to think of some powers to go with the Bloodline.

I'll probably draw inspiration from what powers dracula has in the novel (and he has a LOT)
Have at you!

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:18 pm

Tag.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:20 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

I'll probably draw inspiration from what powers dracula has in the novel (and he has a LOT)

try to keep it reasonable though ok?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:27 pm

I modified the Bloodline bit, and added a sectiona bout waht needs to be finished before the rp opens.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:29 pm

I thought about doing a vampire myself, but then I remembered we were doing members of magical families, rather than supernatural creatures themselves. :p
Though bringing in a sort of mysterious/enigmatic information gathering Sumerian vampire that is a shadow of what he once was would be pretty nice (namely Enmerkar, which I've used variations of elsewhere).

In terms of someone from a magical family, I'll probably go for a German noble trap, this time. Possibly a homunculus or something (shady family goes to extreme lengths, experimentation and stuff in order to try and retain their magical lineage, using dodgy alchemy and all that).
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:I thought about doing a vampire myself, but then I remembered we were doing members of magical families, rather than supernatural creatures themselves. :p
Though bringing in a sort of mysterious/enigmatic information gathering Sumerian vampire that is a shadow of what he once was would be pretty nice (namely Enmerkar, which I've used variations of elsewhere).

In terms of someone from a magical family, I'll probably go for a German noble trap, this time. Possibly a homunculus or something (shady family goes to extreme lengths, experimentation and stuff in order to try and retain their magical lineage, using dodgy alchemy and all that).

You can have a Family member or a Supernatural Creature, but i will be less lenient towards the Supernaturals than the magical families, as until recently there were few left. The problem is that most of the really powerful ones were either forced to leave this realm (Fae and a few other such beings) or they grew weaker or trapped in their human form, Vampires and other Supernaturals.

That is definitely possibly with the dodginess thing.

i need to add a bit about them to the Info posts, thanks for the inadvertent reminder.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Mundeo wrote:I'll probably draw inspiration from what powers dracula has in the novel (and he has a LOT)

try to keep it reasonable though ok?

Of course! I'll have it be that certain members of the family inherit certain powers (like one or two related powers), but not all of them.

These powers include:
  • Superhuman strength and agility
  • Can climb vertical surfaces like a lizard
  • Does not cast a shadow or reflection
  • Defying gravity
  • Hypnotism
  • Telepathy
  • Creating illusions
  • Teleporting to a location they already know how to get to
  • Summoning and controlling mobs of rats, owls, bats, moths, foxes, and wolves
  • Weather manipulation
  • Shapeshifting

Yeah... I will only be using some of these.
Have at you!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Mundeo wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:try to keep it reasonable though ok?

Of course! I'll have it be that certain members of the family inherit certain powers (like one or two related powers), but not all of them.

These powers include:
  • Superhuman strength and agility
  • Can climb vertical surfaces like a lizard
  • Does not cast a shadow or reflection
  • Defying gravity
  • Hypnotism
  • Telepathy
  • Creating illusions
  • Teleporting to a location they already know how to get to
  • Summoning and controlling mobs of rats, owls, bats, moths, foxes, and wolves
  • Weather manipulation
  • Shapeshifting

Yeah... I will only be using some of these.

You could have it that many were once present in the Bloodline but since magic had started dying the powers have dwindled to but a few, or something.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:47 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:I thought about doing a vampire myself, but then I remembered we were doing members of magical families, rather than supernatural creatures themselves. :p

You can have a Family member or a Supernatural Creature, but i will be less lenient towards the Supernaturals than the magical families, as until recently there were few left. The problem is that most of the really powerful ones were either forced to leave this realm (Fae and a few other such beings) or they grew weaker or trapped in their human form, Vampires and other Supernaturals.

That is definitely possibly with the dodginess thing.

i need to add a bit about them to the Info posts, thanks for the inadvertent reminder.

I did say he would be pretty weakened (see the underline), though that character was always the sort to rely on scheming, magic and when it came to it in an actual fight, more agility/speed based stuff than outright displays of strength or power. :p

Both ideas are interesting to me, anyway. Not sure which I'll pick, though the older one (the vampire) obviously has more room for a lot of backstory. Especially being from ancient Mesopotamia. In turn, a long amount of time to be able to have done stuff also lends itself to potential contributions from others, and more general backstory ties.
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:50 pm

So I will be allowing so called evil characters but they will have to be with the museum or you must have a creative way of why the Councils let them serve them.

Max Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:
I did say he would be pretty weakened (see the underline), though that character was always the sort to rely on scheming, magic and when it came to it in an actual fight, more agility/speed based stuff than outright displays of strength or power. :p

Both ideas are interesting to me, anyway. Not sure which I'll pick, though the older one (the vampire) obviously has more room for a lot of backstory. Especially being from ancient Mesopotamia.In turn, a long about of time to be able to have done stuff also lends itself to potential contributions from others, and more general backstory ties.

Vampires from ancient Mesopotamia sound really interesting to be honest. Thought I'd imagine they'd be really stagnant individuals that have reached their peak long ago and still believe they're as powerful as ever....
Last edited by Max Empire on Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44
23 year old Pansexual Swiss Male from Switzerland, loves history, economics and politics

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Major Magical Family App:
Family Name: The Noapte Family
Symbol:

Country of Origin: Romania
Family Head: Dragos Noapte. He became the head of the family after being the first to exhibit magical powers after the revival of magic, and is both as respected and feared as Dracula himself.
Notable Members: Dragos Noapte. Lucian Noapte. Andrei Noapte. Clara Noapte.
Family Bloodline: Divine. The Noaptes claim descent from the legendary vampire Vlad Tepes.
Family Magic: Elemental/Divine
Family History: The early history of the family is unknown, the earliest account of the Noapte Family coming from the mid seventeenth century from a man named Dragomir Naopte. Historical accounts state that he claimed that he was a descendant of Vlap Tepes, not the historical figure that most humans knew him as, but the legendary vampire dracula, after he started to exhibit "strange supernatural abilities". Making such blasphemous claims, Dragomir was hunted down and killed. Whether or not the mad old man's belief was true, his family indeed have its roots in creatures of the night, but after Dragomir, no one in the family exhibited any powers.

Following the legacy that they could unlock the powers of the old vampires, the Noaptes intermarried with other Romanian families that also claimed descent, in hopes that it would strengthen the vampiric blood within them. This went on with no effect until the heart of the twentieth century, with the rebirth of magic in the mortal world. By now, the Noaptes have abandoned the absurd tales and instead became a family of industrialists, and then philanthropists. It all began with Dragos Noapte, a distinguished and wealthy businessman, that is until the powers of legend revealed themselves within him, reigniting the old belief of their descent from the vampires. Once it became clear that magic has become known all over the world, Dragos aligned his family with the Magical Council to keep such powers hidden from mortal eyes, but also to aleviate the suspicion cast upon them due to their lineage. Now, the heir apparent to the Noapte family, Dragos's son Lucian, is one of the most powerful mages in the world, but is yet to surpass his father.
Notable Magics:
  • Enhanced strength, agility, and senses
  • Darkness/Shadow Manipulation
  • Weather Manipulation
  • Shapeshifting
Note: Powers are significantly weakened during the day, or vanish completely for most
Last edited by Mundeo on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Have at you!

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:22 pm

Max empire wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:

Both ideas are interesting to me, anyway. Not sure which I'll pick, though the older one (the vampire) obviously has more room for a lot of backstory. Especially being from ancient Mesopotamia.In turn, a long about of time to be able to have done stuff also lends itself to potential contributions from others, and more general backstory ties.

Vampires from ancient Mesopotamia sound really interesting to be honest. Thought I'd imagine they'd be really stagnant individuals that have reached their peak long ago and still believe they're as powerful as ever....

Yep. Though this character tends to be quite in the know, since he's quite fond of gathering information, and fairly intelligent. Nonetheless, old habits die hard, as they say. When the one with said habits is millennia old and undead to boot, that only takes it to the next level.

Mundeo wrote:Major Magical Family App:
Family Name: The Noapte Family (Also called House Noapte, the House of the Night, and the House of the Dragon
Family Head: Balaur Noapte. Looks like ([url=this]Image[/url]). Is the most powerful magic user of the family, which is why he took his father's place as head after his death.
Family Bloodline: Divine. The Noaptes claim descent from the legendary vampire Vlad Tepes. Over generations, they have intermarried with other families claiming descent from the Count in order to strengthen their ancestral abilities. Even if they are not indeed the descendants of the last powerful supernatural being, they are descendants of vampires, or other creatures of the night.
Family Magic: Elemental/Divine
Notable Magics:
  • Enhanced strength, agility, and senses
  • Darkness/Shadow Manipulation
  • Weather Manipulation
  • Shapeshifting

Noapte seems to mean night in Romanian, so I see what you did there. I can also see its ties to Noct in Latin, and obviously Romanian has quite a bit of Latin heritage. :p

Looking it up, according to one website there are 8 people in Romania with that as a surname. Curious.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse