NATION

PASSWORD

WorldVision Song Contest 15 - The Contest Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Meciene
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Meciene » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:29 pm

MRAC1 WorldVision 15 Coverage

Kyuo: Then next is another country from Swilantis. Sheesh. Sophia City.

Performance by -16 Sophia City-

Jeremy: Its songs like these that make you wonder, why aren't they singing in Polish? I mean, it's done good for most of the Swilantis countries, and their highest position was with a Polish song.

Kyuo: But who cares, anyway? Someone needs to get one of the bottom five positions, and I believe the countries there other than Swilatia are made for that job. Well, unless they do try, like Valeneska.

Jeremy: Its amazing, though, that none of the Swilantis counties actually places bottom five last year. Even the crappy Mijlinka entry got 17th place out of 22.

Kyuo: I guess block voting is still prevalent there, huh? We don't really need it, do we?

Jeremy: Nah, don't even think so. Last year, we got the contest's highest score, by getting 12s from NLT. They usually vote for Kingsley Bedford, but not last year. Yay? OK, anyway, here's the Zwangzug entry. Ripples.

Performance by -17 Zwangzug-

Kyuo: Oh no... not again.

Jeremy: What?

Kyuo: They went back to the thing they call 'quality music'. I mean, last year's entry was worse than this, yes. But I think this is probably the level that Zwangzug will always churn out. Typical 8th or 7th place material. No thrill at all.

Jeremy: Can we go back to the Swilantis discussion or something? There is obviously nothing to say here.

Kyuo: Actually, I noticed a pattern in Swilantis. You know all those countries ending in '-ka', '-ska', or '-ja' plus Sophia City? Yeah, I think they're part of a relegation scheme.

Jeremy: Elaborate please.

Kyuo: See Mijlinka? Last year they got the lowest scoring entry of all the '-ka' countries. And this year, they're not here. They got Sophia City to replace them. They got relegated in contest 12 due to a poor show.

Jeremy: Okay. Why would they need it anyway? Okay, nevermind. Here's Iglesian Archipelago with 'Today's Day'. Today is a Saturday, don't you know that?
Last edited by Meciene on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Free State Alliance of Meciene
Од Јие-ниеу Ентсаре Јансин ит Масуид||Масуиске

Embassy||First Mecian Airways||MeciFly||Jonder Yuaje International||Factbook
'cause cyrillic looks nicer than greek

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 pm

astitv4 2
Voiceover by Andy Whitlock

OK, so we've seen the following performances:
(Graphic flashes up on screen):
Cirona - Home, by Hyeonjae Cho
Unitopolis - Emergency, by Sticky Mint
New Entropia - Fall of a Superpower, by The Revolution
Kingsley Bedford - Go Away, by Niels Holmn
Achalya Santis - Rushing to the Mountain, by Fakundo
Meciene - Heat Me Up, by Karen Jarne
Cachette de Lions - Menteur, by Evéline Sanie
Kalasion - Your Love Is A Pug, by Hannah Tall
Sophia City - (OMFG!) It's You Again, by 2dayz
Zwangzug - Ripples, by Lorna Fauseno

They were, to say the least, pretty much average. Ours will be average, we expect. None were really at the standard we expected this year, and the songs here get very little radio airplay to say the least.

However, our nation's performer can't come in due to work issues, so you'll have to wait a bit for her to come.

Anyway, moving on, next performance...
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

New Entropia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Entropia » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Velvek:24 - WorldVision Uncoverage

Kara: Well, welcome back from that very long break. Next we have Kalaision. If this is good I'm giving Sir Daniel 25,000 New Florints, I'm that sure it won't be.

(Song 15 - Kalaision)

Sir Daniel: What the crocodile hat was that?
Kara: Bloody awful.
Sir Daniel: Blady was too. I mean what the blady hell does love have to do with a blady dog? And not a proper dog anyway, no good for hunting what.
Kara: Hunting what?
Sir Daniel: What?
Kara: Eh?
Sir Daniel: Semi colon, dash, vertical liney thing.
Kara: If you want to vote for Kalaision, you should know that the men in white coats are coming for you now. Next we have Sophia City. No prizes for guessing which country called Swilatia they'll give 12 to.

(Song 16 - Sophia City)

Kara: ...
Sir Daniel: Er, wake up.
Kara: What, sorry? Oh, er, ha, funny story, I kind of missed that.
Sir Daniel: Well I wasn't blady listening.
Kara: Well, er, that might have been a terrific performance from Sophia City.
Sir Daniel: I liked the part where the guy was on the roof.
Kara: Er, yeah, that was good. Or maybe it wasn't. But yeah. If you did see that and want to vote for it, go to http://votevision.nent, call 7446/34/92 or text KILL ME NOW to 88452. Next, we have, er, who do we have next?
Sir Daniel: Dont ask me, I don't even blady know where I am now.
Kara: I'm informed that we have Zwangzung next.

(Song 17 - Zwangzung)

Kara: Theres a guy that should have joined the navy.
Sir Daniel: What blady navy?
Kara: Zwangzungs navy, assuming it has one. Our navy is a bit crap given the chronic underinvestment.
Sir Daniel: Surely it's got more to do with not having a blady coastline?
Kara: That too. Er, I'm told we have to go to a, er, newsflash.

The viewers are transported to a flashy news studio with typical horribly overdone graphics. The newsreader have an unnerving, almost pasted on smile on his face, the sort you'd see on a serial killer just before he cuts your liver out and whacks you round the face with it.

Anonymous Newsreader Number 456: Hello New Entropia. You are happy. We are happy. We are all one happy family.

The viewers return to WorldVision.

Kara: What the fuckkity fuck was that?
Sir Daniel: It was a sign sent for us by our creator, the great Lord Zenu! All hail Zenu!
Kara: Er.
Sir Daniel: He shall spell destruction on all those who abide by ungodly ways, such as Socialized healthcare. Doom I tell you!
Kara: This broadcast is neither funny nor clever, so here's a tortoise with a mango on it's face with some canned laughter played over it.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Creator of Electionator 1.2 *new!*

Kingsley Bedford
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Voting Numbers

Postby Kingsley Bedford » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Sergei Aramov:
For those of you at home here are the numbers to call to vote for your faveourite acts.

To vote for Lithatrius:
Phone 1800 365 01

To Vote for Vescia:
phone 1800 265 02

To Vote for FSM Nation:
phone 1800 365 03

Vote for Grittonia:
phone 1800 365 04

Vote For Lunives and Koldui
Phone 1800 365 05

Vote For Chatford
Phone 1800 365 06

Vote For Valeneska
Phone 1800 365 07

Vote for Cirona:
Phone 1800 365 08

Vote for Unitopolis:
Phone 1800 365 09

For New Entropia
Phone 1800 365 10

Sorry Folks but you can't vote for Kingsley Bedford so you can't call the KB number. Your vote won't count and you will be charged. (KB callers only)

Vote For Achalya Santis:
1800 365 12

Vote for Meciene:
1800 365 13

Vote for Cachette De Lions:
1800 365 14

Vote For Kalasion:
1800 365 15

To vote for Sophia City:
1800 365 16

To vote for Zwangzug:
1800 365 17

For Romburyani Viewers: call
018- 1800 298 and add the draw number
Kingfordian Republic of Kingsley Bedford
WA Delegate and head of diplomacy in Democratic Republics
Co-owner of Kiphtur Multinational
Co-President of United Democratic Party

http://kiphturmultinational.forumotion.com/index.htm < storefront
Federation of Democratic Republics <-- Join our region!

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:26 am

18: Iglesian Archipelago

"Today's Day", by AE-1

Today is the day
When you may
Do everything else
Your head permits to,

And if you're going wrong
You may begin again
So that you may gain
A day of large surprises!

REFRAIN:
Today's day
Is what we were looking for
'Cause it's gonna be either
Yesterday, today, tomorrow!

Yet you need to do something
'Cause you're going to be anything like that
Our day needs to be today
As the present will be past tomorrow!

There's time to do anything
So that you're gonna do something
But behind the time
Are you gonna make a thing?

'Cause you need to be hurry
To make a thing quickly
A wish from the past
Or a hope from the future!

REFRAIN:
Today's day
Is what we were looking for
'Cause it's gonna be either
Yesterday, today, tomorrow!

Yet you need to do something
'Cause you're going to be anything like that
Our day needs to be today
As the present will be past tomorrow!
Last edited by Iglesian Archipelago on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:02 am

astitv4 2
(voiceover by Andy Whitlock)
So far we've seen Iglesian Archipelago's performance, it was OK, lacking sparkle but the song sounded downright Miley Cyrus-like.

<VOTE NUMBERS FLASH UP ON SCREEN>

Well, we've still got another entry to come...
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:13 am

WorldVision Song Contest Coverage

(Performance 16 from Sophia City)

Milinska: Hi there, Sophia City! Yeah, thanks for coming back to vote for us, but next time, don't make it so obvious. I mean, is any-one going to vote for this? This has to be one of the worst songs to come out of Swilantis, and that includes Seven Castles.

Nowienski: I'd guess New Entropia, maybe Zwangzug? Kingsley Bedford seem to like it. Cachette de Lions, though, not exactly. They've heard one Sophia City entry a few years ago, and have convinced themselves that all of Swilantis should sing in Polish. Yes even the countries that don't speak Polish. Which is most of Swilantis, actually.

Milinska: Silly Cachettians. Do we need to bring Wijaska Island back? And have them sing in Wijaskan? Or will they think that's Polish too, and line up to vote for it. And if they try to sing in Polish, and inevitably screw it up, will they even notice?

Nowienski: They'll think it's Czech. They thought Wavispa's Superstar was in Czech. Of course, most of us missed that episode. And i can't think of a single coutry in Swilantis where they speak Czech.

Milinska: And that's enough of Swilants for now. There's still two more countries to go, but first, there's Zwangzug. Seeing how their latest attempt at something different was a total failure, expect, well, a Zwangzug entry.

(Performance 17 from Zwangzug)

Nowienski: Here's Zwangzug again. Yeah, last year's entry sucked in a knid of special way, so this one sucks in more boring, typically Zwangzug way.

Milinska: Yeah... Zwangzug... what's up with them? They don't try to win, they don't try to lose, they don't try to put on a show, they just wanna bore us to death... and they songs they vote for always finish mid-table... or worse.

Nowienski: Well I hope they'll do worse. Maybe if they finally get that last place they always seem to want, they'll go way, and leave the WorldVision alone. Hey, it worked for Krsta. Lanos didn't even need one.

Milisnka: Lanos... they just ran out of NLTvision entries to recycle... though it really makes me wonder, how come they got to take part in NLTvision when they're not even part of NLT. I guess that's been fixed now. As for Krsta, let's just say, Zwangzug usually just enter a song, perform, vote, leave. They wouldn't even notice...

Nowienski: No, they wouldn't. So, here's another country that doesn't really care any more. They used to scream their lungs out about how ITS NOT SPANISH ITS PORTUGUESE, but how many of you were there to hear it? Since then, most of their entries have been in English. This one's called Today's Day. Today is Saturday. WorldVision is always on a Saturday.

(Performance 18 from Iglesian Archipelago

Milinska: You know, this sounds almost like a certain Seven Castles entry. Have they run out of ideas that bad... and why Seven Castles? Nothing good has ever come out of Seven Castles.

Nowienski: No, I don't think this one has anything to do with Seven Castles or being out-to-date... whatever that means. Rather, the Iglesians think this is their day, that they will win the contest. Ha! I guess in the end this will be like a certain Seven Castles entry. Can you say, last place?

Milinska: Yeah, that fits! For once the Iglesian entry's lyrics actually make sense, they're about trying to make a name for themselves in the contest. But since, well, the lyrics make it bit of sense, it's not going to be a good one. What's an Iglesian entry without a bit of Engrish?

Nowienski: One that's in Spanish? Okay, Portuguese... or, Ancient Iglesian? I dodn't know people still speak that, but I'm sure the Cachettians loved it. The rest of us were like WTF, why won't it give me a translation?

Milinska: That one got fifth place, I think. Obviously other countries liked i, but having your own voting block also helps. Next up, Seven Castles. Now, we're all think Iglesian Archipelago will get last place, but if the Iglesian entry is bad, the Seven Castles entry will only be worse.
Last edited by Swilatia on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Seven Castles
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Seven Castles » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 am

19: Seven Castles

"All Done", by Stunt Street

[a singer (there are four singers in the group) sings these four stanzas like he was talking, as this song is at hip-hop style]

It's all done
When I did it,
I've done everything
While doing nothing else,

Just while I'm going to be
Something else,
To do everything else
As I wish to,

I saw someone to do
Something I liked
Just as I did
When I was a kid,

As I saw everything,
I began inspiring
The sound of everything
As I do nothing!

REFRAIN (sung more melodically):
And now
It's all done
I did everything
As I didn't do nothing,

As I didn't do nothing,
I did everything,
And now
It's all done!

[and now, another singer sings these four stanzas like he was talking]

Let's talk about my life:
When I was a kid,
I wanted to everything in my head
As I wished to,

Too far I've been
Doing a lot of things
This results in something
Everyone has done before,

But the obstacle
Is that we needed everything else
To do what we want
As our head wants,

Yet we need
To surpass that obstacle,
Do everything you like
And there's definitely a result!

REFRAIN (sung more melodically):
And now
It's all done
I did everything
As I didn't do nothing,

As I didn't do nothing,
I did everything,
And now
It's all done!
aka the Kingdom of Yamea

Cortazur
Lobbyist

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cortazur » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 pm

20: Cortazur

"Worldwide", by X-Fans

It's all over the world
So that you've been here today
And as a result
We're all happy now,

And we're happy right now
Because we can be all happy
When the World is happy
Happier than before!

REFRAIN:
Worldwide,
The whole world needs to be happy
Or everything else
Will fall
(all the refrain bis)

I'll say
That the world will be happy
As we're all of us
As the world goes happier,

And the main thing is
That you may be really happy
As everyone here
Goes happier and happier!

REFRAIN:
Worldwide,
The whole world needs to be happy
Or everything else
Will fall
(all the refrain bis)

New Entropia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Entropia » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Velvek:24 - WorldVision Coverage

Kara: Well next we have Iglesian Archipelago. Not sure what to expect of this, to be honest.

(Song 18 - Iglesian Archipelago)

Kara: Well, I'm sure that you would struggle to defend yourself in court by saying "My head permit me to blow up the parliament building, your honour".
Sir Daniel: I remember when Guy Fawkes did it when the king was in. Generated a lot of lolage in the Bullingdon.
Kara: Er, eh?
Sir Daniel: It's history. That's right isn't it reader?
Kara: The fourth wall is taking rather a hammering today isn't it? So if you do want to vote for that song which was actually rather alright really if you excuse the mention of the word "day", visit http://votevision.nent, call 7446/34/92 or text 18 to 88452. Next we have Seven Castles with All Done by Stunt Streets.

(Song 19 - Seven Castles)

Kara: That song is bad quite frankly.
Sir Daniel: With all the blady doing.
Kara: Yeah, it wasn't quite as good as the one before. That will struggle to really gain that many points and I can't see the New Entropian audience giving it any points. If you do want to vote on that, and let's face it there are worse songs you could waste your vote on, namely FSM's, go to http://votevision.nent, call 7446/34/92 or text 19 to 88452. We now have Cortazur with Worldwide by X-Fans.

(Song 20 - Cortazur)

Kara: Well that didn't match FSM levels of crap, but why have these songs been going on about one thing over and over and over again. Do their songwriters know any other words so they don't have to say "do" or "happiness" every 5 seconds. That's not a winner either, but hey neither is ours. If you want to vote for that, do the usual. We'll be right back after this break.
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Creator of Electionator 1.2 *new!*

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:14 am

Bump. This is getting so slow...

Meciene
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meciene » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:24 am

Kyuo: Oh.. kay. Next in the lineup is the next block, apart from Swilantis and NLT. It's that Iglesian block, but they're in different regions. Which is kinda weird, since usually blocks are neighbours. But who cares. Next is Iglesian Archipelago, with 'Today's Day,' AKA Seven Castles' entry v2.0

Performance by -18 Iglesian Archipelago-

Jeremy: Hey, Iglesian Archipelago. Go back to sending songs in languages we don't understand. Like Portuguese. Or Ancient Iglesianic. Don't torture us with a reworked version of last year's Seven Castles entry. You know that Seven Castles always sucks.

Kyuo: Actually they managed to rework the song quite nicely. As in.. nah. It doesn't. It still sounds alot like 'Day-to-Day'. Except that it's flying under a different flag. That makes is 20% more listenable.

Jeremy: Just get a decent lyricist next year, okie? We can loan you Aska, last year's lyricist for 'Your Heart Is Mine'. Although she's more suited for poems. You know how poetic our song was last year? It's like a good poem.

Kyuo: Can we stop talking about poems? You know how bad my understanding of literature is. Anyway, here's Seven Castles. 'All Done'. Yeah, you wish. If the Iglesians had a bad song, who knows what the rest of the block may send.

Performance by -19 Seven Castles-

Kyuo: Thank god it's all done. Seriously. You were right about the songs. If Iglesian Archipelago sends a bad song, the rest of the block will follow suit and send worse songs. So, Iglesian Archipelago, you know what to do next year. Don't ever repeat the same mistake again. Ever. And we might actually give these guys points.

Jeremy: And you know what? These guys have the most predictable draw ever. They always perform after Iglesian Archipelago. They're like brothers. And we already know that the quality of the song will fluctuate.. fluc.. yeah. That word.

Kyuo: We really don't like these guys here. They never even chart in the top 50, let alone in the top 10. L&K will have a guaranteed spot in the top 5, well, next to our entry anyway. It got massive airplay in here, which is kinda good.

Jeremy: And then you guys there will sit through another torture song from the Iglesian block. It's Cortazur. They had something good last time.. and we gave it like 3 points. But now I think all hopes are lost.

Performance by -20 Cortazur-

Jeremy: See? I told you guys. What do you even expect from a song called 'Worldwide'?

Kyuo: In actuality, it didn't even chart here. Nul points from us, I guess. We aren't using jury this year. And no, no Love Nub'es either. Aww.

Jeremy: It still sounds like a Seven Castles entry. Come to think of it, I think all of these came from Seven Castles. See the lyrics? It's not as good as the usual Iglesian Archipelago. Which means it sucks. And all three of them aren't really doing well tonight.

Kyuo: Well, at least we're talking about something other than Swilantis this time. We never actually talked about NLT. You know?

Jeremy: Bah, who cares? Contest is almost over .I'm sure we can squeeze it through the voting or such.
Last edited by Meciene on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 pm

I think it might be time to start the voting soon, it doesn't look like any-one else will post their entry.

Well, I'll have mine tomorrow. I hope.

Political Compass

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:40 pm

21-Orlkjestad

A young man in his mid-20s emerges onto the stage. He maintains a stoic expression, and has long hair. He wears a fedora and a suit with a vest. Before long, he started singing.

Where are those happy days?
They seem long gone
Violence on the streets
Murderers everywhere
Now it's all godforsaken
Where has everybody gone?

[CHORUS] No more happy days
Dead people everywhere
Now what do we do
Just sit and wait?
Now i'm safe
Cause I'm flying with the birds[/CHORUS]

Doctor says I'm gone
He says i've gone mental
It's no wonder
No surprise
Just look what's going on

Dead people everywhere
Now what do we do
Just sit and wait?
Now i'm safe

These days it's hard
just to make a living
I nearly went broke
My family's going hungry
It's a wonder they didn't die

Dead people everywhere
Now what do we do
Just sit and wait?
Now i'm safe

People dying everywhere
It's hard to live
My family's starving
And I'm nearly broke
But now I'm flying with the birds

He finished, and while maintaining his stoicism. He walked off the stage.
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:49 pm

22: Swilatia
Surrender, by Kajla D

The signer, Kajla Dominska (not the football player, that's Kajla Dinarska), walked onto the stage ast the music started playing. She starts singing the song.

When you found me that one night
I only tried to run away
I can't tell if you were right
I want to come back anyway

And when I stop and hear your voice
It feels like I don't have a choice
When I lost it's like I won
Without a fight

You were right, you were right
I've already lost the fight
I surrender and you know you've won
Without a fight

If we tried this one more time
I would stay for just one night
You have won too many times
I surrender to your might

And when I stop and hear your voice
It feels like I don't have a choice
When I lost it's like I won
Without a fight

Without a fight

Short instrumental, the singer is energetically waing around a white flag.

Without a fight

Without a fight

You were right
Without a fight

Song is similar to Romania 2005.

Political Compass

Valeneska
Attaché

Founded: Apr 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Valeneska » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Well, that's probably the last entry we'll see in this contest, so I think I'll start the voting soon. Unless some-one thinks we should wait longer.

Meciene
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Meciene » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:25 am

OOC: Yes, please start the voting.

Kyuo: Its still odd though.. OK.Next we have Orlk...je.. stad. Orlkjestad. It's 'Flying With The Birds'.

Performance by -21 Orlkjestad-

Kyuo: Oh no. There's another one of those depressing songs. Bad move for a debut entry, Orlkjestad.

Jeremy: And this guy actually won their NF? I actually kind of find that hard to believe. Oh well, someone had to take the mid-table places. Um..

Kyuo: Ready?

Jeremy: One.. two.. three!

K+J: GOOD MORNING MECIENE! hahaha...

Jeremy: Pity the morning was in the midst of this horrible song though. Well, it's already 7am!

Kyuo: And here's an entry that's sure to perk you guys up. It's Swilatia, with 'Surrender'! Although they might take our chances of winning away :palm:

Performance by -22 Swilatia-

Jeremy: So I guess its us against them, huh? Not like there's any close contender.

Kyuo: Let's see. I think we've seen all the songs. Er.. they're gonna show a recap soon, but you can still go to the MRAC website to vote. Keep on voting for your favourites. You can vote as many times as you like, until when the hosts Jasmina and the other guy tells you guys to stop.

Jeremy: So.. it's just us and Swilatia. The rest?

Kyuo: I'm certain Valeneska and Grittonia could do better than before. Hmm.. Lithatrius can reach the top 5, but they opened the contest, so that can be ruled out. Cachette De Lions and Kingsley Bedford can still compete for top four, but I think the world is getting sick of the same old countries in the top four. For the past two years, it's been us, CdL, Kingsley and Swilatia.There's gonna be some changes there.

Jeremy: FSM is definitely out of the running, that's for sure.

Cachette de Lions
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cachette de Lions » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:52 am

OOC:FSM actually just copied an RL song, so yeah, they should probably be DQ'd. See here. (Also I found out a couple of weeks ago that Burchadinger's song in the last contest was also a copy of a German song. But unless you want to go around retroactively DQ'ing then it doesn't matter really...)

Also, yes, start the voting.
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.82

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 am

A song by a youtube user with 179 subscribers, that was never released commercially AFAIK. Not notable enough for a DQ IMO, and they'll probably get last place anyway.

As for Burchadinger, we'll just start this contest's voting without them :p.

Political Compass

Kalasion
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasion » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:45 am

Swilatia wrote:A song by a youtube user with 179 subscribers, that was never released commercially AFAIK. Not notable enough for a DQ IMO, and they'll probably get last place anyway.

As for Burchadinger, we'll just start this contest's voting without them :p.

Hah.

(Next time, I'm likely not going to do commentary.)
95% of people on NationStates won’t read this, but as we speak, Libyan people are being massacred, because they’re rebelling against an unfair government. The elderly, women, children, everyone in Libya is in danger tonight. It’s genocide. Repost this in your sig to raise awareness and support the revolution!

Demonym: Mionn(s)
Adjective: Calamsk
I highly suggest you see my NSwiki page if you are involved in an RP with me. Thank you!
http://politicalcompass.org/facebook/pc ... &soc=-2.31

Swilatia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 am

WorldVision Song Contest Coverage

(Performance 19 from Seven Castles

Nowienski: You're right... if this is what Iglesian entries are going to be like in the future, kick them out of the contest... show them what kinds of scores these songs will get.

Milinska: They'll never learn. Zwangzug have been doing it for 15 years, and they don't even have a voting block.They'll just keep racing each other to the bottom... and Zwangzug.? The Iglesians seem to like that kind of crap. They also *loved* Mijlinka last year.

Nowienski: Yeah... one thing I've got to say to them, don't let a translation site write your song. Words like population, results... they don't sound like something from a WorldVision song. I know this something the Cachettians might say, but you're really better of singing in Portuguese.

Milinska: Or just use a better, as in worse translation service. I don't think we've had anything quite like "come live the nature" in while. Or maybe it just wears off.

Nowienski: No shit they need to try something new. Here's Cortazur's attempt. Worldwide, by X-fans.

(Performance 20 from Cortazur)

Milinska: Well that's a nice message to have in a song. Be happy... or else! Yeah.. please excuse me while I remove Cortazur from my "places worth visiting" list.

Nowienski: What the hell was it doing on there anyway? I don't think that's going help, they're going to try and take over the world. Well you all know what to do. Or rather, what not to do.

Milinska: Yeah... Worst. Voting block. Ever. At least NLT had Kingsley Bedford. And Lithatrius sometimes had good entries. Now they're all that's left of that block. No wonder.

Nowienski: Well, I as bad as this song message is, I do think it's better then the other two. Seven Castles will be taking last place this year. Or Nation of FSM. Or Unitopolis.

Milinska: Whatever. I don't think it matters which of their songs is the best, because in the end, it's like picking what kind of a knife you want to get stabbed with. But that's the end of it. Next up is Orlkjestad. Flying with the Birds.

(Performance 21 from Orlkjestad)

Nowienski: Well, I don't wanna talk about this terrible attempt at a debut, so I'll just mention that you should now be able to vote for all the songs in this contest, there's only one song let to perform, that you won't get to vote for anyway. I'm not voting for this one.

Milinska: "No more happy days", huh? Yeah, that's really a wonderful thing to say in your debut entry. Best leave now, because you've already admitted you won't like it.

Nowienski: No... and to think that people actually voted for this... it won a national final, didn't it? Me, I voted for Kajla D. And tonight, I'm voitng for Valeneska, Kingsley Bedford, and Meciene. You?

Milinska: Same, plus Lunives and Koldui. Just because.

Nowienski: Yeah. I guess now that all the songs are open for voting, I'll read it out. It's http://wscvoting.swi to vote. Why the hell not. Next entry is our own, you've all seen it, but now the other 21 countries have a chance to see it. And vote for it.
Last edited by Swilatia on Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Political Compass

Valeneska
Attaché

Founded: Apr 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Valeneska » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:36 am

As the stage background changes to show a countdown from 15 minutes, the hosts walk out onto the stage. Ivana starts shouting out to the crowd

That's all the songs we have for you tonight, at the fifteen WorldVision Song Contest, here in the Valeneska. You still have fifteen minutes *looks up at screens* take few seconds left to vote, voting will vary between countries, but wherever you are, we all know, you can not vote on your own country.

Jazmina continues

In case any of you have not yet decided who you'll be voting for, or forgot about some of the songs you saw at the start of the the contest, here's a recap of the songs, in the same order as they were performed.

----

Stop voting every-one! Now is time for most important part in show, where we see what song you choose as winner!

Yes, most of the countries here have already counted up their votes, and are ready to present them. And the first country to present their votes is...

OOC: Yeah, it's time to start posting your votes. Most of you already know how it's done, for those who don't, your favourite song gets 12 points, second gets 10, third 8, fourth 7, so on.

Kalasion
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalasion » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:42 pm

15 minutes earlier
Fox: Welcome back. Here's a recap of all the songs we've heard so far. Now vote.

Now

Fox: The Calamsk votes are cast and the results are in.

1 point goes to... Vescia.
2 points go to... Sophia City.
3 and 4 points go to... Seven Castles and Cirona, respectively.
Lunives and Koldui get... 6 points.
Therefore, only 5 points are left over for... Kingsley Bedford.
7 points go to... Valeneska.
8 points go to... Cachette de Lions.
9 points... nevermind.

Suddenly lights go on and a 17-year-old girl arrives,

Fox: Hello, Clara. Welcome to "Who got second?" Your question is... Who got 10 points in WorldVision? Your choices are Iglesian Archipelago, Grittonia, Meciene or Unitopolis.
Clara: Unitopolis, totally.
Fox: Sorry, Clara. The correct answer is Iglesian Archipelago.
Clara: Aw, man. (runs off stage)

Fox: Okay, now that's over with. 12 points go to... Unitopolis. An honourable mention is Chatford.
Next time, we'll show the winners! Bye!
95% of people on NationStates won’t read this, but as we speak, Libyan people are being massacred, because they’re rebelling against an unfair government. The elderly, women, children, everyone in Libya is in danger tonight. It’s genocide. Repost this in your sig to raise awareness and support the revolution!

Demonym: Mionn(s)
Adjective: Calamsk
I highly suggest you see my NSwiki page if you are involved in an RP with me. Thank you!
http://politicalcompass.org/facebook/pc ... &soc=-2.31

Sophia City
Attaché

Founded: Jul 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Sophia City » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Check it out, it's Jez from Fuck The System, with the votes from Sophia City! I is very sorry for that fucking terrible entry we sent this year, but I can't go because I doesn't have a band anymore. Anyway, here is the votes from Sophia City. Check it out.

1 points goes to Nation of FSM
2 points goes to Iglesian Archipelago
3 points goes to Vescia
4 points goes to Grittonia - what. the. fuck.
5 points goes to Lunives and Koldui
6 points goes to Lithatrius
7 points goes to Valeneska
8 points gores to Meciene
10 points goes to Kingsley Bedford
12 points goes to Swilatia

Cachette de Lions
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Cachette de Lions » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Arianne Defont in Central Square in Whiscombe, obviously.

"Hello there Valeneska! This is Cachette de Lions calling. Thankfully I have no puns this year, just the Cachettian votes.
1 point to Kingsley Bedford. Good.
2 points to Chatford. Okay for a debut.
3 points to Lithatrius. Maybe you'd have got more if you'd put in a different act from last year.
4 points to Zwangzug. Very poetic, I thought this would have got more from the voters.
5 points to New Entropia. Deep.
6 points to Swilatia. It was good. Catchy.
7 points to Lunives and Koldui. I didn't understand any of it, but then I guess the rest of the world could say the same about our entry this year.
8 points to... Grittonia! I liked it, even though it feels dirty to say that.
10 points to... the newcomers, Kalasion! This was my favourite, but the voters disagreed... because...
12 points go to... Meciene! We loved it! Goodnight!"
Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.82

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates