NATION

PASSWORD

What Does It Mean to Die Again? [OOC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

RANDOM POLL: favorite very specific genres

Cyberpunk
28%
High Fantasy
67%
Frozen apoc
6%

Total votes : 18

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

What Does It Mean to Die Again? [OOC/Open]

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Banner courtesy of Stormwrath. Thank you Thank you.

Now listen, Class, there are four places you can go to after death. First, there is hell, where all the sinners remain. They suffer eternal punishment for all that they had done in their lives. Next, there is Purgatory, it is where all the good little girls and boys go when they never bought indulgences---not that they sell those anymore---it is where you go to absolve yourself of your sins. Thirdly, there is heaven, where all of the boys and girls, after going to purgatory, frolic and play freely, doing the creator’s work in joy. Finally, there is limbo… limbo is where any souls go whenever they lose themselves. They wander aimlessly, never able to even remember their past or their names. I must say, children, hell may be a punishment forever, but losing yourself may be something worse than dying once; it is like never even knowing you died…

“We all know how we got here: we died. We don’t know if we were good people or bad people, we don’t know if it was overseen by some God, don’t know if he was a he or a she, nor if he or she was from one religion or all religions. Our memories, seemingly of a previous time, are fragmented and minimal. I don’t remember my favorite food, my home, my parents, my home town, what I did beforehand. Sometimes, you get some idea.

We just know we are here, in this city, and we know that nobody who goes past the city comes back. Even a couple steps and they are lost forever. Stay in the city. Of course, there isn’t just one way to get lost forever…

The city ain’t peaceful. True, most, or at least hopefully most, of us are peaceful, just here to live out whatever lives we have. There are dark powers that lie under this city. Sometimes the nights can seem like hell. No angel comes to play, the devils play, at times. We are frightfully afraid at nights, but all we can do is live through it. What does it mean to die again?”

An Excerpt from The Lost Man’s Diary. This excerpt was written just before the author stepped into Limbo.

What does it mean to die? The story goes that there is this one place that people go to before they meet their maker. Nobody knows what maker, but everyone has been brought to a small city, colloquially known as ‘Purgatory.’ Purgatory is an odd city noted by the black sky, and the large fire at the center providing the brightest light. Where the light doesn’t touch is where the city ends. Nobody goes past the light. Everybody here has some memory of their past, and they all know their names. Those who have no memories, become one of those nobodies that try and move past the light. From that moment, they never return, even from one step they are lost from whence they came.

There are more mysteries here than there are answers, and it is quite likely that many of those mysteries shouldn’t be solved. There are creepy things that are out at night.

Cultists, Killers, Demons. Insanity. Despair. Loneliness.

Nothing is Right,
in this place after death.

Welcome to WDMDA, a horror thriller set in the mysterious after-life of purgatory. Never believe what you expect, never trust anyone. try and solve the horrors that lie within, though it may sometimes be best to let sleeping dogs lie…
Your concierge into the nightmarish fiends that shall follow, Saleon

The city of Purgatory is described in one fashion: solitude. It is the lonely city where many denizens reside. All they know is the pure black sky, no stars. Night is noted by the ringing of bells three times; day is noted by bells two times. The biggest landmark of the city is the large fire at the center of it. There is a pocket of everything in this city; Restaurants. A town hall. Blacksmiths. Markets. Houses. Architects. Artisans. Even the city itself seems alive; as the streets can sometimes move and change in their own right, with little rhyme or reason. The city speaks its own language, and very few people know it.

The city has none of the normal amenities people have come to expect. The finest piece of technology is the lamp, and a flintlock. Horse and carriage reside as the only form of transportation for long distances across the city. The finest dress is a matching suit and tie. The general feel is something more Victorian. No matter the developments made on earth, the city never changes, it seems. Some believe the city even stayed the same when people where still using swords, wore lavish outfits, and held jousts as the main event for any city.

The city has an underground as well, though nobody would be dumb enough to traverse it. Torches light the underground sewers and catacombs, but these torches can spontaneously burn out. When there is no light in the underground, hurtling creatures of unknown origin manifest. These creatures can be heard before seen through the rattling of heavy chains, scraping metal, and deafening screams. It is the best advice to never go down there.

Very few people know about Limbo. People have gone out the city lights, all of them have lost all of their memories, even their name. Others were just adventurous. The only thing people know is that a single step out the city and you are lost. You can try and turn around, but the city nearly vanishes. Nobody knows what lay outside, with a deep fog covering up everything beyond. Sometimes the crying wails of those lost in Limbo can be heard, providing a disturbing wakeup call in the middle of the night.

In real life, magic never existed but in extreme circumstances. People often had to take unrealistic contracts, a practice which was condemned and looked down upon, to gain control of the dark arts. This was due to a universal law by which the supernatural could not alter the natural world unless under special circumstances, only acting indirectly. Contracts were one of the few possible alternatives, using a form of trade to maintain a sort of balance in the natural world.

Contracts often meant selling your soul to a devil; prepared to have your soul consumed forever. Some speculate this means your soul is destroyed and you become lost in limbo, some expect you to go to hell, some expect you to never even exist from consciousness at that point. A contract is final, and no contractor can make it to the city of Purgatory.

But Purgatory is much closer to the supernatural. Angels do not act directly with Purgatory, hoping to keep it a neutral zone, but demons are known to work on a more direct manner. Demons supply magical power towards those who subscribe to them. This has created a dangerous presence in Purgatory. Few people practice this magic; there are those with good intentions and bad intentions that use black magic. It is still looked down upon, so is usually practiced in secret.

Magic cannot be called on a whim. Even the best demons require preparation to call upon. Ingredients must be provided, circles must be drawn, and chants may take hours. This makes it even more difficult to practice, as certain ingredients are well known to be attributed to the dark arts. Chalk is almost guaranteed to be used for drawing circles. Chants cannot be interrupted, even by people who may pass by and hear it.

Nobody has a full knowledge of how these spells and dark secrets came to the Purgatory. Some believe it was the work of many demons slipping loose pages of dark magic in an attempt to sow the seeds of chaos in the world. Other people believe that the mad lunacy of the souls lost in limbo came across these dark arts, and, as they were formed in this world, were transcribed by some madman who happened to hear them in Purgatory, transfixed in a trance to reveal them. Either way, these spells have been reprinted in secret, and now some of these books are common knowledge, not that people read them in public.

Ritualistic magic is temperamental. It almost seems like random chance as to whether the spell works or fails. Failure is dangerous often leading to unexpected, impossible, and/or fatal results.

Demons are loosely defined in this world. A demon is formed by any loosely formed idea of ‘evil’ that takes form in some abstract body. This can cover Astaroth, Cthulhu, Yokai, Loki, Satan. Demons are unknown as to what is the limit. Demons can often change over time, changing through cultural understanding, or even be both good and evil. Persephone, for example, has a split perception as both the sad daughter of mother nature who travelled to hades by accident and ate of the pomegranate and also the queen of hell reveling in her power.

There are two types of what we would define as “demons.” There are Demons: mostly barbaric and singleminded soldiers and warriors; and there are Devils: cunning and manipulative lords and ladies. Demons are Chaotic evil creatures, whereas Devils are closer to Lawful evil. There is no hierarchy of power between these creatures, as there is no real understanding in Purgatory. Hades may be stronger or weaker than Loki, but within Purgatory they can be equally as powerful. It is more the question of who is the “ultimate evil,” like satan to Christianity.

Demons and Devils have a true name. Learning their true name is akin to having all power over them. Some demons go by multiple fake names, but a true name gives one power over all aspects of it, including the ability to erase them from existence. Many demons often have many names throughout history, gaining power by the fear and reverence of each fake “name.” This is also what is used for exorcism.

Angels have even less of a defined form than demons. There are two ideas as to what an angel is: a loosely defined imagination of good or as some servant to an undefined God or pantheon. The first definition would mean they would even be a God, whereas the second excludes them from being a God.

Angels do not take any power in Purgatory, preferring to maintain an indirect existence. Though, at times, angels may find it necessary to meddle in this neutral ground. They rarely do this, sometimes doing it in an arbitrary fashion. At best, they may bless a certain human with immense luck, or provide a blessed item to aid in their travels. This is usually only available towards the pure of heart, and those to never resort to Magic.

“This city, even with the warm fire, seems so dark and lonely. Maybe it is because of the stars I used to love seeing at the night. This place is a solitary prison for all of us.”
Amber Faust

Orders
I. Be a Jerk! But only in the IC.
II. Keep it PG-13; Can curse, but don’t slip it out like a loudmouthed sailor. Don’t go into gruesome detail, and sex is purely fade-to-black.
III. Don’t do things you can’t do on Nationstates… this includes metagaming, godmodding, etc.
IV. I am OP; I am law. Obey me or die.
V. Coops are presumed to be law unless I say otherwise.
VI. No one-liners. Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again.
VII. Even if this is horror, do not shove people into a depression of despair brought by your morose posts. I.e. try not to be a one-note sad sack, try and have your character happy at least for a good amount of time.
VIII. Mary-sue will be stabbed in the soul until Xe dies.
IX. Post often. Three strikes and your character experiences death. If you can’t post, tell me beforehand.
X. The answer to “Did you read the rules?” is “no, I read the Orders."

Application
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][color=#800000][size=150][b]W[/b][/size] [size=120]H A T[/size][tab=12][/tab][size=150][b]D[/b][/size] [size=120]O E S [/size][tab=12][/tab][size=150][b]I[/b][/size] [size=120]T[/size][tab=12][/tab][size=150][b]M[/b][/size] [size=120]E A N [/size][tab=12][/tab][size=150][b]T[/b][/size] [size=120]O[/size][tab=12][/tab][size=150][b]D[/b][/size] [size=120]I E [/size][tab=12][/tab][size=150][b]A[/b][/size] [size=120]G A I N ?[/size][/color]
[i][color=#400000]Purgatory: The City at The Edge of No Where.[/color][/i][/align][hr][/hr][blocktext]
(DELETE ANYTHING IN PARENTHESIS)

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (how old were you when you died?)
[b]Years in Purgatory:[/b] (self-explanatory)
[b]Occupation:[/b] (what do you do in Purgatory?)
[b]Prior Occupation[/b] (what did you do before Purgatory, if you remember)[/blocktext]

[floatright][b]Appearance[/b]
[img](PUT%20IMAGE%20HERE)[/img][/floatright][b]Character Bio:[/b] (everybody has a story, even after death, put dat here, ya bums)

[b]Personality:[/b] (good characteristics and bad characteristics)

[b]How much do you Remember?:[/b] (we all have memories, but they are fragmented; never complete,. Our past lives are a fuzzy television screen that has yet to give us the full picture)

[b]Likes and Dislikes:[/b] (duh)
[b]Alignment:[/b] ([url=http://www.easydamus.com/alignment.html#theninealignments]check here[/url])
[b]Theme:[/b] (jam to something)

[b]Accept the Rules?:[/b] [ ] Yes [ ] No
[tab=20][/tab][b]If no, reason:[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b] (omit if accepted previously)

[b]short summary:[/b] (One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use in the Dramatis Personae on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief.)
[hr][/hr][size=70]#DEADMAN
(Do not remove tag. This is for finding apps.)[/size][/box]
Last edited by Saleon on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:28 am, edited 16 times in total.
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Links: IC: EPISODE 1, OOC

THOSE YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO

OP: Saleon

CoOP: Charlia, The Burning Sun, Donner Blitzen
Obey them.

RULINGS
where you can find clarifications of the rules made here or otherwise.

"to gain control of the dark arts [...] Contracts were one of the few possible alternatives..."

There are very, very few forms of magic on earth. In the way of angelic assistance, ghosts provide the first form of direct assistance. Ghosts are already supernatural, so angels and/or good gods usually provide some form of exorcising ability, this includes all religions. Contracts can also be made with neutral entities, such as nature spirits. Nature spirits will not devour your soul normally, though some will, but are not accessible in other worlds. Nature spirits only exist on Earth, though they are also immortal. Outside of this, there are no other magics, merely other forms that use the same bases of exorcism, nature, or demonic sources for supernatural power.

"Magic cannot be called on a whim. Even the best demons require preparation to call upon. Ingredients must be provided, circles must be drawn, and chants may take hours. This makes it even more difficult to practice, as certain ingredients are well known to be attributed to the dark arts. Chalk is almost guaranteed to be used for drawing circles. Chants cannot be interrupted, even by people who may pass by and hear it."

"Ritualistic magic is temperamental. It almost seems like random chance as to whether the spell works or fails. Failure is dangerous often leading to unexpected, impossible, and/or fatal results."

Gameplay rules: when you are planning on using magic, please tg me first so I can tell you the ingredients, though you may also ask to just describe the ingredients you want to use. Either way tg me beforehand. Understand that your character cannot just poof the ingredients into their hands, and they will have to acquire them without getting caught. Some are easy, maybe used for natural use, others are straight up illegal or obviously suspicious.

Also, you should not just assume you succeed in the magic. After you cast the spell, I will send you a message as to whether it succeeds or fails. You cannot change your post so as to have your character not use the magic, it is final. You may rp the damages, but they are very likely going to be permanent. Don't assume magic will be painless and without risk. Most rituals will be 75 to 85 percent success, with tougher magics will require a certain number of people (if it requires multiple people) to succeed for everyone to succeed at the spell. Again, contact me. Death will probably be unlikely, but pain will be likely.

"Keep it PG-13; Can curse, but don’t slip it out like a loudmouthed sailor. Don’t go into gruesome detail, and sex is purely fade-to-black."

To quote nea videssos on the issue: Not being able to describe any gory stuff seems a bit silly. I think there's not really a problem with such things as long as someone doesn't just put blood, guts and brain fragments flying everywhere, in IC posts. I think there was a discussion at one point over in moderation, and someone said it's fine as long as it's done tastefully, and not as outlined above (the flying gory mess thing)."

"VI. No one-liners. Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again."

In relation to multiple characters, it should be known that one-liners does apply. Meaning that, in posts with multiple characters, each character should be doing something more substantive than one-line. It will be considered a violation if one character (or more) has a gigantic paragraph (or more), while the character (or characters) only have one-line. Large effort in one character does not excuse laziness in another.

This does not apply if the two (or more) characters are written together.

"People have gone out the city lights, all of them have lost all of their memories, even their name."

oh, and as a quick ruling at work, in relation the jack the ripper, names! What does it mean to forget your name? Well, names exemplify one's understanding of their identity. Knowing your name is equivalent to having a conscious idea of yourself. Therefore, not knowing your name is equivalent to losing yourself, forgetting everything. Those who lose their name are inexorably drawn to Limbo. For a more philosophical definition, your identity is a collection of stuff that is assembled together to make "you". Your name is the identifier to "you". It is the box whereby your stuff is placed in. To not have the box is for all of the stuff is for all of it to roll out until there is nothing.

It is the fastest, most volatile, way to be forced into Limbo

Last edited by Saleon on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:24 am, edited 17 times in total.

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Dramatis Personae

Kura Vinage: A sister whose life was tragically cut short by a "friend". She tries to be nice but can often fail unintentionally. Kura is very protective of Laelynn and will fight you if you so much as passively insult her. She has no problems with breaking the law if need be. Would you like to know more?

Laelynn Vinge: Laelynn is a nice but introverted girl whose life was cut short by a "friend". She is very shy, and it takes awhile to gain her complete trust. The only person she really trusts is her sister. She tries to avoid violence or crime at all costs. Would you like to know more?
Geoff Breckart: A War Hero Detective for hire in Purgatory City from the 50s helping people figure out their past with the goal of finding his killer and figuring out for sure what happened to him. Occasionally takes jobs from the local "Government", so he has a Professional relationship with Amber Faust and other dissidents of the City. Would you like to know more?
Asher Blackshaw: Asher is a kind, free-spirited boy who died far too young for his age. In Purgatory, he works in a bakery alongside the owner, an elderly man who finds his company and helping hand pleasant. He's yet to think about how he might escape Purgatory and head somewhere else. Would you like to know more?

Daisy Morrison: A light-hearted, kind individual who always tries to see the best in things. She loves to give a helping hand and make others feel welcome or nicer, and works as a waitress in a local restaurant. She tries her best to brighten up the dreariness of the place, as hopeless as it might seem. Would you like to know more?
Caroline Sterling: devoted and loyal twin who loves the violin and singing. She was with her sister in life and death, and plans to be with her in Purgatory, too. Her stage name is Gold. Would you like to know more?

Catherine Sterling: devoted and loyal twin who loves the violin and writing. She never abandoned her sister in life or death, and doesn't plan to do it in Purgatory, either. Her stage name is Silver. Would you like to know more?

Charlotte Noble: a doctor whose bedside manner does not transfer into her regular life. She has a dark past and remembers too much of it for her taste, envying those who have the luxury of forgetting their deaths and the ways they suffered in life. Those with Y chromosomes and no injuries or illnesses should be cautious about frequenting her company. After all, she might have made a vow to never cause harm, but she tends to judge that as 'physical' harm. And she has no problem with a well-placed insult every now and then for those who anger her enough. Would you like to know more?

Crystal Calendri: the Robin Hood of Purgatory--robs the rich, gives to the poor, but always makes sure that she's looking out for herself above anyone and everyone else. Don't trust her cute and innocent eyes, as behind them lies desire. Would you like to know more?
Fredric Kaine: Fredric is a little boy whom wants to get back home to his daddy. He has been around for over a centaury and has become relentless in his pursuit for knowledge of everything to do with Purgatory in his pursuit of finding a way out. Be it from abusing his position as a courier to pick up a conversation, or his chain of child spies, he is constantly probing the secrets of Purgatory. Would you like to know more?
Aura / Vi Kouri: A friendly and good maid that has a secret. Another personality. One that reveals in the killing and pain of other beings but is unknown to the other side. Aura and Vi, two sides of the same coin, only one realizing that they are a coin. Would you like to know more?

Shilo Weardhyll: A good for nothing with a kind heart, and can not ignore a crying child. Shilo doesn't remember much of his life before death, only his name, and the names of his family members. He hates his parents for some reason unknown to him, but loves his sister beyond anything else for some reason unknown to him. He's also a smoker. Would you like to know more?
Sierra Pullman: not actually dead. Not yet, anyway. In fact, she is ain a coma, slowly losing her memory at a rapid rate (it's not all at once, but it's faster than average). She also has some out-of-body experiences in the real world. Would you like to know more?
Joshua Argan: Joshua was born in New York City in 1893. He grew up in middle class and was employed as a lounge singer at the Café Society when he turned 20, where he worked until his assassination by the Mob after he took out too many loans from Giuseppe Masseria. He lived a primarily hedonistic lifestyle with a carefree easygoing personality that carried over into the afterlife. He now works as a performer all the same, singing those same old tunes. Would you like to more?
Aragon Maehin Rynewolf: An elite knight who died honorably protecting all he holds dear. Aragon is willful and when he wants something done, hell do it. Prior to death, Aragon was lonely, but now he is less so. Never break your word with him. He carries with him a treasured sword. Would you like to know more?
Pandora Eversbay: The naive everygirl. She's only just died, and so she's still getting used to the whole 'dead' thing. Far too willing to wander into places she shouldn't go, and far too willing to talk to people she should leave well alone, it's going to be a job making sure Pandora doesn't do something stupid. After all, the creatures are probably harmless... right? Would you like to know more?
Bonaventura Wechsler: a kind, but stingy banker who is always looking out for number one, while still remembering who keeps him in business. He is normally quite amiable, but woe unto those who manage to push him too far. Would you like to know more?
Arman Khachatryan: an energetic Armenian with a deep love of Israel – and men. It's the memories of summers he spent in Tel Aviv that he cherishes the most and would do anything to have them back. Would you like to know more?
Sam Bonneville: A melancholy artist with a heavy heart, Sam usually struggles between the lines of love and lust, as he creates his works. He spends most of his time alone with his thoughts, which may be the reason why he is such a mysterious and strange character. He enjoys sad stories, because they align so much with his own deep sadness, which he fights to defeat daily in between the lines of his paintings. Would you like to know more?
Alexander Penbrook: Old war dog who holds a very jaded view of death and prugatory. He often finds it easier to drink away his troubles rather than face them and seek some help. Would You Like To Know More?
Drake Nelson: A confusing and funny teenager, Drake is a rather intimidating person due to his looks, he is actually a easily approachable guy. He will help out anyone that he feels like need it and is usually seen laughing greatly or with a smile or grin on his face. An avid culinary fan, he will find new things and ways to cook, stopping at nothing to find the "perfect dish" especailly when it comes to combining savory and sweet combinations. But when he's not cooking or laughing, he's playing the piano to himself, drowning and forcing out his memories of his former life, which he sadly, can't forget. Would you like to know more?
Zoh Kusano: an assassin that may or may not have a few bolts loose after the things he has been through in his life. Don't be shocked if he tries to kill you. Would you like to know more?
Tony Redgrave: A cop who used to look for redemption but has gone tired of doing good things because he knew he get nothing in return, but still do it in the end out of habit. Would you like to know more?
Sir Conrad De Sauveterre: Born in September 8th, 1975, Conrad De Sauveterre was the son of an accomplished French lawyer. Conrad rose through the ranks of British politics to become the Lord Chancellor and the Chief Justice of the Queens Bench, he is a devout accedemnic in the law and is a devout, yet not totally fulfilling Christian. Would You Like To Know More?
Andrew Withers: a semi-religious greedy businessman who is ruthless in his endeavors, likely due to his past life, and he owns a bar. He also used to own slaves, and is somewhat of a racist. He acts like a gentleman around the ladies, though, and tries to be as nice as possible to them. Withers is also very brutal sometimes, and is rumored to be a sadist. Would you like to know more?
Suhaib Soliman: A Middle-Eastern warrior desperately trying to find an escape from Purgatory, each day driving him closer to insanity. Would you like to know more?

Alison Moran: A flirty tomboy, even if that does sound ridiculous, Alison Moran is just in it for the candy. She's a big fan of candy. She'd like it on Facebook if they had Facebook in Purgatory. She's just in it for the candy. Would you like to know more?

Amber Faust: one of the longest living members of Purgatory. She has taken on a leadership role, and she is also known for her more promiscuous love life; most women who become her partners already know her as a player, sometimes called the Vampire's Lover, and don't expect to stick with her. She is goes to any extent to maintain peace in Purgatory. Would you like to know more?

Amelia Krell: Happy, innocent, and also completely and utterly surrounded by bad luck. Her new best friend in Purgatory, Crystal, has been trying to teach her thievery, but... well, no luck. Would you like to know more?

Jack the ripper: Brutal killer/assassin bound to Violet von Kanin by blood magic. May or may not be the legendary Jack the Ripper. Also an NPC, but unlike most of the other ones you should never ever look for this guy. Contact him through Violet if you need something dead. Would you like to know more?

Marietta Tolina: A depressed girl who hides it under calm politeness. When not assisting Dr. Noble in her tasks, Marietta can probably be found in fancy clothing, drinking tea. Would you like to know more?

Natalie Sucre: A slightly crazy, aggressive brat (there, I admitted it) who really hates losing things and has a fear of guns. Please do not make her angry. Would you like to know more?

Violet Von Kanin: An NPC who will occasionally show up to help, and can usually be accessed during free-roam. She can get you the things others call "forbidden" - for a price. Just be careful what you say. Her legendary mood is known to be highly mercurial, which would be bad enough if there weren't whispers that she is one of few successful magic users. Known to have somewhat of a rivalry with Amber Faust, though whether this is due to their opposing personalities, conflicting interests, or...something more is unknown, and perhaps better left that way. Would you like to know more?
WDMDA Drinking Game

Original Idea: Charlia

Full List Composed by: Uncle Sin

Come into this with multiple bottles of your chosen drink, be that alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Obviously, some of us are minors, so alcohol isn't an option; and some people just don't like alcohol.
  • Take a drink every time the word 'godforsaken' is used by or in reference to Shilo.
  • Take a drink every time Charlotte angsts about something.
  • Take three drinks every time Charlotte angsts about being worthless or messing things up.
  • Take a drink every time Shilo remembers something bad.
  • Take three drinks every time it's Charlotte's fault.
  • Take five drinks every time she thinks it's her fault, even if it actually isn't.
  • Take a drink every time Amelia is unlucky.
  • Take five drinks every time Charlia writes a flashback.
  • Down a bottle every time someone dies.
  • Down a bottle every time Charlia starts planning something.
  • Down two bottles if you think she's planning something but she really isn't.
  • Take a drink every time Amber tries to seduce someone.
  • Take three drinks every time she succeeds.
  • Drink three bottles and resupply if she tries to seduce Charlotte, because you're going to need them.
  • Take 2 drinks every time Mira does something lewd.
  • Take a shot every time Kura insults Asher's hair. Which is going to be a lot.
  • Take a drink every time Sam says something about tragedies.
Sal intervenes: If one is to participate, which you may not, make sure to follow basic rules: do not try and drink more than you feel you should (binge drinking is dangerous, so please play only as much as you feel you can); do not drive afterwards; if you need to go somewhere afterwards, please have a designated driver.

Chateau du Gauve

Last edited by Saleon on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:27 am, edited 36 times in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 28, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:07 pm

CooP checking in.
Heyo.
The Collected Entries Of Me In A Nutshell
"Donner: A chill guy who has no chill" - Esgonia
"Everything is wrong. Everything" - URA

The Burning Sun
Senator

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:13 pm

Ayyyyy lmao.

How did Donner beat me here?
"All that we see or seem/Is but a dream within a dream" - Poe
TBS, M.D | Founder of the Mechanics' Guild | EST 9-9
because my self-esteem is so low
TriStates wrote:+100 Tri-Points
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

I award you ten points for the nickname. Which will buy you...
more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:17 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:Ayyyyy lmao.

black magic; Sacrifice was involved.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:21 pm

Saleon wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:Ayyyyy lmao.

black magic; Sacrifice was involved.

Sacrifice can't buy you faster Internet, Sal. Only the mighty Gods of Fibre Optic Wireless Technology can.

That and Blood Magic.
Heyo.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:32 pm

T-t-tag!

Hmm. I think I shall bring in two characters. One who I love to kill off perhaps more than I should, and one who none of you have ever seen before... *looks mysterious*

Well you'll have seen the image before. Not the character though. XD

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:32 pm

I might maybe watch this a little kinda :p
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Tag~
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:40 pm

Charlie and Lance in the same RP.

Does history repeat itself?
Heyo.

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Empire of Donner land wrote:Charlie and Lance in the same RP.

You mistake yourself. Charlia is in every RP.
Khasinkonia wrote:
The Burning Sun wrote:I posted. Just in case it gets buried by the depressing duo over there.

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
Atlannia wrote:Mmm it's not looking good I'm afraid, the purple haired goth loli next to a sweatervest wearing bishonen portends financial strife and the double archery chick is a rare sign predicting the death of someone close to you, I'm sorry.
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:43 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee shaaaaaaaaall seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
The Burning Sun wrote:

:rofl:

I have a lot of free time, but I don't have that much free time.

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:44 pm

The Burning Sun wrote:

I know. How else does Charlie get that many posts per day?
Heyo.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:44 pm

Interesting times, those :p
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:46 pm

She works on the uncertainty principle. By the time you have seen her in one rp, she posts in 80 others. You never know where she will go.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Empire of Donner land
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Empire of Donner land » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:47 pm

Saleon wrote:She works on the uncertainty principle. By the time you have seen her in one rp, she posts in 80 others. You never know where she will go.

So what you're saying is she IS Quantum Mechanics?
Heyo.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Empire of Donner land wrote:
Saleon wrote:She works on the uncertainty principle. By the time you have seen her in one rp, she posts in 80 others. You never know where she will go.

So what you're saying is she IS Quantum Mechanics?
Yes and no; the answer is uncertain—am I write all you quantum physicians out there!?! *crickets* Those crickets are some of the best scientists in the field.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:51 pm

W H A TD O E S I TM E A N T OD I E A G A I N ?
Purgatory: The City at The Edge of No Where.

Name: Joshua Argan
Years in Purgatory: He was was supposed to keep track?
Prior Occupation: No memory

Appearance
Character Bio:
Joshua was born in New York City in 1893 as the youngest of 2 children. He grew up a very hedonistic child, always sleeping with women and drinking and what not. As he aged however, he found a passion for performing and sang at the Café Society when he became of age. While performing and going on outrageous escapades, he ended up racking up obscene amounts of debt with many different people and organizations around New York. Seeing no other option, he did what any other red blooded 29 year old would do and took a loan from the one people with the kind of money to help him, the Mafia. After a repeated string of refusal and inability to pay of his debt, the Mob Boss sent out a hit-squad to take him out. After a midnight concert at the Society, Joshua stepped into the alley to be greeted by 4 men dressed in dark clothing. Without saying a word the 4 men opened fire on him, shooting him twice in the heart, once in the head, and once in the spine. He has a broken memory of seeing the men, hearing loud cracks, and then waking up in purgatory with no other memories but that of his Show-tunes, his name, his sisters face, and his own murder. At first there was shock, waking up with no recollection of who you are is quite fearful. He realized the only thing he knew for certain was his name, and everything else was either completely gone or just plain broken and useless. He noticed the city and thought there was no other thing to do than to walk to it and try to piece his life back together. Though much to his dismay, it was discovered that EVERYONE is this city was in the same rut as him. He was left alone, with no memory, and no known skills. So he did what his instincts told him to do, and sang. As he sat in the alley, singing one of the Old World Blues, when he was heard by the owner of one of the larger Bars in Purgatory. He took him in, dressed him in better clothes, gave him a permanent room, and allows him to do so all for free as long as he performs at his bar. So things eventually fell in line, and this is where he is now. Living a hedonistic life as a bar singer in the city of undeath. Where his story goes now, is yet to be seen.

Personality: Charismatic, Flirtatious, Likeable, Short Tempered,
How much do you Remember? His name, a few songs he can play on the piano and sing, and the face of a woman. This woman is his sister, but he cannot remember that.

Likes and Dislikes: Likes: Music, Women, and Drinks. Dislikes: Ignorance and Magic
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=968K9IvzvQY

Accept the Rules?: [X] Yes Orders Read and Understood Sir!

RP Sample: In my Sig!

short summary: Joshua was born in New York City in 1893. He grew up in middle class and was employed as a lounge singer at the Café Society when he turned 20, where he worked until his assassination by the Mob after he took out too many loans from Giuseppe Masseria. He lived a primarily hedonistic lifestyle with a carefree easygoing personality that carried over into the afterlife. He now works as a performer all the same, singing those same old tunes.

#DEADMAN
Last edited by Gerdon Laughis on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:04 pm

tentative denied. Your character can be edited, please check the orders for a very specific reason.
Last edited by Saleon on Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

The Burning Sun
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Sun » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:07 pm

Saleon wrote:Denied. Please read the 10 orders and then you should be fine. You'll figure out why quickly after a read through. I am not being vindictive, just need you to read them.

To be fair, you did give a checkbox.
Khasinkonia wrote:

more posts from the duo
Royal Brownie PointsTM
That'll be $32.99
All the logic

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:10 pm

Saleon wrote:tentative denied. Your character can be edited, please check the orders for a very specific reason.

Sorry! I read them and then forgot to add the Orders thing. Fixed!

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Gerdon Laughis wrote:
Saleon wrote:tentative denied. Your character can be edited, please check the orders for a very specific reason.

Sorry! I read them and then forgot to add the Orders thing. Fixed!

alright, just need a bio. Please remove the bold on things after each section (I.e. anything you fill in yourself should be unbolded). The bio is meant to be the indepth overview: including how he reacted to waking up in Purgatory, how did he get to sing at bars, possible aspirations, etc. Basic, but you get the idea.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Saleon wrote:
Gerdon Laughis wrote:Sorry! I read them and then forgot to add the Orders thing. Fixed!

alright, just need a bio. Please remove the bold on things after each section (I.e. anything you fill in yourself should be unbolded). The bio is meant to be the indepth overview: including how he reacted to waking up in Purgatory, how did he get to sing at bars, possible aspirations, etc. Basic, but you get the idea.

I completely blanked out on that. I have no idea why but I thought "Character Bio:" was referring to the next section of questions. Again I apologies for seeming so ignorant :lol2:

Gerdon Laughis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Gerdon Laughis » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Saleon wrote:
Gerdon Laughis wrote:Sorry! I read them and then forgot to add the Orders thing. Fixed!

Alrighty, should be good now

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse