NATION

PASSWORD

PL: The EPIC OOC - closed thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Tiltjuice wrote:
Giovenith wrote:Tilt - Chrys has to either give up fighting or sex. Which does she choose?

Sex, without a doubt. She has a certain distaste for the whole concept, and is actually rather puritanical about the whole matter. Being compelled to fight from time to time in minimal armor and/or topless for audience titillation, added to liberties taken with slaves in Rome...altogether, combat is a whole lot more worthwhile as a pursuit.

Somewhere in Protoequestria, a cultist clutches his heart and gasps.

Meanwhile..."How does Minerva react to being a confirmation of a ginger without a soul?"

LMFAO! Priceless slap.

Ganonsyoni wrote:Lol Cer! You're such a Warhammer junkie :p. My fav is prolly the wildcat. janky as hell and I love it. Beats the shit out of you in one ride :p

They were working on it (repairs or general maintenance) when I was there. There's just something about wooden coasters

Saldinado wrote:Man; that's a good one.

Well I know this may sound cliche or cheesy, but Henry would most likely choose Daniel to be his companion. The bond that they have for each other is strong to the point that they call each other "brothers." Together, they help fill in the holes inside them caused by their flaws and insecurity that would otherwise make them useless or give them a hard time in situations while also having their personalities and flaws clash between the two.

Naw it's not cheesy.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:35 pm

Was anyone not asked something, or just wants to be asked something else?
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:41 pm

I wouldn't mind being asked some more.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Lemme collect all these silly questions:

How did Sandy come by his Jeep?
Installment loan, like most people buying a car. :P The real question is Why did Sandy buy a diesel-powered Indian-made jeep that's simple enough that even illiterate tribesmen in Pakistan can keep them running?. The answer to that is the sort of thing I prefer to reveal IC,* but I will point out that there may be some connection to these bits which have already been established:

Northwest Slobovia wrote:"I once got to visit the Sahara, in Algeria near the Moroccan border, so I think I know what you mean: 'desolate' comes to mind. I found the stillness and silence of the desert nights refreshing, but that was just for a few weeks, not my whole life."

Northwest Slobovia wrote:Amanda saw the results for Proposition 13 a second before the TV ran them, and she practically slumped in her seat as a wave of relief passed through her. We dodged a-- No, that's not right. They missed. We walked into the line of fire, and they missed. They missed hitting us in the heart, but just by a hair's breadth. They left a big flesh wound. Half the city is willing to send us to a prison camp and forget about us. That's not victory in any sense of the word. She smiled faintly as one of Sandy's favorite historical quips came to mind: "Another such victory and I am undone." OK, Dear, victory in one sense of the word. And then, unwillingly, she remembered the last time he'd said it: hiding in a field at night, watching the bus they'd just been on burn, wondering who else got away. Yeah, that was about the size of it.

I could have sworn Amanda mentioned to Sakarias that she'd been on another timeline's Earth as well, but I can't find it.

Those things might have something to do with why the Belas showed up in a jeep packed with tons of camping gear and a bunch of other useful stuff. Just might.

*: Swith and I keep talking about running a scene with Minvera and Amanda where they'll talk more about their backgrounds, or perhaps a couples dinner with the same goal, or perhaps even a girls' night out. If y'all want to know more about the Belas' backstories, maybe y'all should make it possible for us to have the time to run it. :P

Which series of Law and Order does Amanda enjoy the most?

Probably none. The show started running when she was seven or eight, and she probably didn't have the slightest interest in police procedurals at that age. By the time she was old enough to care -- late teens -- she'd found better things to do with her time than watching late-evening TV.

Then it was off to college at Vassar, which is in a very rural area. If they had cable back then -- I could check -- it was on TVs in the dorm lounges only. Doesn't make for rabid series watching.

Then law school. "TV? Oh, I remember that..." By the time she graduated and started working as a lawyer, the series was over. That would have been just about the time it would have been possible for people to binge-watch the whole thing, but Amanda's life got much more interesting than any stupid TV show...

What is one of Sandy's all-time favorite novels?

Uh, good question. I hadn't thought about it. I'll say The Hobbit, since Sandy's mentioned LotR, and I find The Hobbit the least annoying of Tolkien's works. Yes, I know, not worshipping ever word that fell from his pen makes me a horrible person. :p

What if Sandy and Amanda got involved with the Percy Jackson universe?

How would they know the difference from PL? :P Ok, PL has other pantheons too, but still: one of the first people they met in PL was a godling. Percy Jackson isn't that different, except that Sandy would have a better grasp on some of the personalities.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I wouldn't mind being asked some more.

Player question:

Of all PL characters, which are your favorite and why?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:I wouldn't mind being asked some more.

What're the sisters' ideal future?

Cerillium wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:
Sex, without a doubt. She has a certain distaste for the whole concept, and is actually rather puritanical about the whole matter. Being compelled to fight from time to time in minimal armor and/or topless for audience titillation, added to liberties taken with slaves in Rome...altogether, combat is a whole lot more worthwhile as a pursuit.

Somewhere in Protoequestria, a cultist clutches his heart and gasps.

:X

and

:P

Sal, what's Henry's favorite thing about science? Could be subfield, or reasoning, or anything.

Dance, for Sully - drag racing or drag cabaret?
Last edited by Tiltjuice on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:19 pm

Of all PL characters, which are your favorite and why? Gio, Neil, Marcus, Volker, Klaus, Magh, Torii & Katya.

I love Gio's optimism and mature personality. I like how artsy and adult she is compared to the other characters, and there's just something funny about the carnivorous diet and eating bones (or snapping squirrel necks to feed Torii and Bran). I find her magic interesting, too.

Marcus, I like because of how normal he is. He sneaks out and plays around, despite getting in trouble for it, and he doesn't try to seem totally badaas; he's just himself, and his devotion to his friends and Gio is cool.

Neil, obviously, for his crazy science! and mad research. Reminds me of Bill Nye on crack.

Volker because, for a guy who sits at a desk all day, he's pretty funny. Klaus for the same reasons (I like the humour), plus leading the cultists, and yet still being very open and human, and having time to lift peoples' spirits.

Magh for his manner of speaking, plus his mischievous personality and kickass fighting skill.

Torii (not by bias, I swear) because of how emotionally raw and charged she is. She's really easy to agitate, to make cry, to make laugh, and everything she does is motivated by her feelings for her friends and her home. She's got issues, but she doesn't let it get in the way of her friendships.

Katya because she's, surprisingly, I find, my favorite to play; the peppy rich girl who's still very friendly and smart, and who's really insecure despite being so cocky and confident.

What're the sisters' ideal future? For Torii, it's having things stay exactly as they are; never leaving the building, and always being around her friends and "family" where she's actually happy. in fact, it's one of her sad flaws, in that she couldn't imagine any happiness in a future without her friends or adventure - a thought that would scare her enough to send her into a nervous panic.

For Katya, it would be with Dora, preferably with her as a musician or writer, or in another artsy profession where she wouldn't have to be around a lot of people, or where she could withdraw into her own thoughts for a while. She probably wouldn't return home.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Giovenith wrote:Was anyone not asked something, or just wants to be asked something else?

^

Also, I'll probably make another video since it's been a while since the last one anyone did. Anything you guys would like to know more about?
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:48 pm

What was Romy like as a kid?

Considering he's the son of a province's Governor, his life was pretty privileged at first and he was naturally a little selfish. He never knew much about his mother, considering she became absent from his life at an very early age for reasons still unknown to him. And his father, Virgil Aphrodisiac, was too busy with governing to really look after him by himself, so he had nannies look after Romulus. Who did an okay job, all things considered, but Romy unsurprisingly developed some emotional issues from the parental absence.

He was also pretty timid too, along with a couple other emotional problems. That all immediately changed though once he started in the Academy at age 8 and forced those problems straight out of him, and for another 8 years after that, was made into the Cadet Officer he needed to be for campaign deployment in the name of Wilhelm and Maccabees at age 16.

What's Romy's opinion on modern art?

Depends on the artist, but he'll likely assumed that some art pieces (Picassos) were done by aliens judging by how departed they would seem to him from the usual Imperium style (early modern-esque or 19th/early 20th century for the most part), but otherwise he wouldn't find them to be much different from what he seen in his own home.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:05 pm

I'd like to be asked more too!

Also im going to make a post for Tsu being in the lobby sense she still is.
Predictably unpredictable and fabulous at the same time!
XA-1MVGLHS
Queen Oberon, our red devil! Click the URL to learn about our Leader!
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

I'd prefer the pronouns she/her,if your referring to me

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 pm

Guys, remember, you get what you give. Don't expect people to be eager to ask you things if you don't bother to ask anyone else anything.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Yes! I got some! I was having a hard time, myself.

Gio: If Gio were jealous of her friends for any reason, what would it be?
Tsu: What ethnicity would Tsu say she is, if any? Is she religious?
Slo: Sandy's opinion on Zamloxis, if any?
Cer: Klaus's favorite non-cultist? And What does Volker do to pass time at the desk? What does FUBAR honestly think about Tora?
Swith: Do Minerva or any of the Brits have preferred football teams, and do they argue about it?
Tilt: Dora (or any of the others Conservators') favorite periods of history?
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:21 pm

I got a few more.

Carly- Which salad dressing would Kale hate the most... that's being poured directly onto her head by a hungry vegetarian?

Gio- What would Giovenith think of gods like Maccabees, who's all for making their patrons Will for it be consisting of conquering and subjugating everything that's neighboring them?

Tsu- What would Tsu name her first child?
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:24 pm

Tilt: what's the strangest thing MB's ever eaten? Cuisine ever cooked?

Cer: If you were to make a pony character, What race would it be and its talent? (first thing that came to mind lol)

NWS: Did Sandy and Amanda have any previous relationships? How did they meet?

Gio: What's Gio's biggest regret so far in life?

Fvaar: If nick could be human would he take the chance, or would he stay a cat?

Torsi: If the sisters found themselves suddenly able to use magic, what type do you think it would be and how would they use it?

Ched: for Romy: Boxers, Briefs, or what?

I'd be interested to hear more favorite characters. Mine are Gio, Willow, Rwm, Torii, Marcus, Minerva, MB, and Dora. I like more than that but those are the ones in general I find the most interesting/amusing for their own reasons, usually personality, mannerisms, and their little quirks.
Last edited by Holy Lykos on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Giovenith wrote:Guys, remember, you get what you give. Don't expect people to be eager to ask you things if you don't bother to ask anyone else anything.

Speaking of which, Gio,what does !char Gio fear the most?

@Torii: Yeah, Tsu is religious. however, her religion doesn't have a offical description for it. and Tsu's closet ethnicity would either be German, Russian, or British. She's most likely to say German though.
@Cheda: I dunno, if anything, she'd probably call it Nova
XA-1MVGLHS
Edelweiss and Reina, the two previous ones are still alive. None of Tsuyoi Tekikoku's leaders are killed in their duels of succession.

I don't use NS stats.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Torii would have fire-based powers, while Katya's would be frost based. Katya would use graceful movements in combat, with elegant spins and long steps, while Torii would be extremely aggressive and erratic, and definitely very destructive until she burnt herself out and collapsed. They'd both probably be tempted to use their powers outside of the law to do what they thought was right (or Torii, anyways. Katya would be much more secretive and reserved.)
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:36 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Torii would have fire-based powers, while Katya's would be frost based. Katya would use graceful movements in combat, with elegant spins and long steps, while Torii would be extremely aggressive and erratic, and definitely very destructive until she burnt herself out and collapsed. They'd both probably be tempted to use their powers outside of the law to do what they thought was right (or Torii, anyways. Katya would be much more secretive and reserved.)

That'd be ironic considering Edge and Tsu are direct opposite of those two.
XA-1MVGLHS

I don't use NS stats.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Good questions. I'll have to think about returns. *nods*
mumblemumblemumble

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:43 pm

Cer: What sort of bedtime stories did Thaddeus tell? If that isn't applicable, what sort of bedtime rituals/routines did he and Marcus share when the latter was younger?

Agy: Excepting Sentia as cats are not difficult to live with, with which of your current PL characters would you be least reluctant to share a dorm room?(Effective immediately, ending 1-1-2018.)

Sal: Henry is brought to the Gate and informed that he may visit the universe of any work fictional in his home reality - books, movies, video games, etc. - for 24 hours. He will go alone, and save for the minimum ID required to not be instantly suspected of something he has no guarantee of being able to get out of situations - nor, for that matter, that he will survive. He does not know when in the story he will be tossed in, nor where, although he is likely to arrive pre-story if a work is set in the future, post if set in the past. Appropriate clothing for Earth-type climates is available, though not necessarily at his destination; hé will lack currency. Knowing all this, where (if anywhere) does he go?

Dance: If you have not read or at least watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, please request an alternate question.
Back on his homeworld for some reason, Sully meets a man who looks shockingly like Albus Dumbledore...on account of in fact being said person. Ignoring interruptions such as "I know this story," he recounts the Tale of The Three Brothers, thoroughly details his own and Harry's experiences with the Resurrection Stone as well as repeating the second brother's tale for emphasis -
And then he offers Sully the Stone. What happens next?

Tilt: What side, if any, did Chrys take during the Crusades? (This can be anything from secretly feeling that one side was more justified to outright fighting in them.)
(In case you folks want more)
Tsu: Why on earth are they called wings? Also, see above.

Gio: Did Giovenith have any close friends outside her family, pantheon, and those closely associated with said (i.e. religious leaders, servants, or dragons) pre-Building?

Carly, how much teasing about her name can Ms. Salad Greens put up with before losing her cool in some manner?

Torsi, Torii is offered any moderate-level (OOC scale six or lower) power. The only strings attached: she has one week maximum to pick something and cannot change her mind once picked, although she can wish the power away should she truly so desire. What's her pick, how quickly does she commit herself to said pick, and why?

EDIT:
Tsu, Rmwtyliin would happily consider Tsu a partner in crime if the activities were reasonably legal. She likely would however object to that phrasing...

NA, Nick likes his form but unique is a lonely thing to be. After a lot of thought he'd consider it, deciding to spend the entirety of the following Carnival in human form and likely questioning his human friends heavily.
Ultimately, I think he'd say no - although he'd go for the ability to switch between cat and human forms.

Storm, oops!
Last edited by Fvaarniimar on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Favorite chars, since I can do that right away...

Opa, all of Gio's chars, Mez, Hans, and Myra. Also to go along with Torsi's earlier point, I enjoy playing Chrys the most of all my chars. I'd be interested to find out more about Sully and Henry, too.
mumblemumblemumble

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Oh yeah I forgot Myra, she's great too I'd love to learn more about her.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:55 pm

Torii is offered any moderate-level (OOC scale six or lower) power. The only strings attached: she has one week maximum to pick something and cannot change her mind once picked, although she can wish the power away should she truly so desire. What's her pick, how quickly does she commit herself to said pick, and why?

"Hard Light Manipulation", or being able to manipulate light and energy Green Lantern style, and fire intense energy beams at will. She'd pick it very quickly, thinking about it often, and she'd choose it to compliment her in combat, and as a handy tool on missions.

@Tsu: I actually forgot how Katya and Edge used to get into fights all the time, with Katya loosing with a bloody nose. Those were fun, and the only times Katya really fought other residents.
Last edited by Torsiedelle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:57 pm

Storm, what were Macy's first sapient words or thoughts?
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Tsuyoi Tekikoku
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Tsuyoi Tekikoku » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:59 pm

@Fvaar Tsu's wings aren't affected by the cold and they're called wings, because Tsu was originally supposed to be able to fly. However, i soon developed the concept of Parasites and their symbiotic relationship with Tsu's species; Tsuyoians. Tsuyoian Parasites are often named on based what they look like or resemble, like how Tsu's sister, Edge, has a parasite that resembles a tail, and is, thus called a Tail.
XA-1MVGLHS

I don't use NS stats.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Wow, Tsu's got something in common with my character Venla then, who's from a race of symbiotic mammal/funguses :p
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life